Air Berlin Passenger Reviews and Air Berlin Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 April 2012 by E Francke    (Switzerland)

TXL-ZRH-TXL weekly. Most of the time very punctual, crew not always friendly but watch out if the flight is late in into TXL on Friday evenings. Only passengers with connecting flights can disembark. I do have a gold card with AB as did several of the people next to me, but still we were hindered in getting out by a loud FA. So far I have always booked them as they are cheaper than LH or Swiss but I will definitely review that.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 April 2012 by Seamus Moran    (Germany)

Flew Berlin-Frankfurt which was fine. On the return, Tel Aviv-Berlin. Flight delayed by an hour. No hot food, just a sandwich - I expected a lot more on a medium haul flight. Staff were a bit rough around the edges and wore an awful black uniform. You had to pay 3 Euros for headphones to listen to the inflight entertainment. Money was the main motivation to fly them but not the overall service. Fine for short-haul but not for medium haul. The flight itself and landing etc were fine.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 April 2012 by Hans Roloff    (Germany)

DUS-MIA on A330-200. Unacceptable business class seat, same as 6-8 years ago on LTU Airlines. They may call it "economy plus", but it has nothing to do with international long distance business class. IFE ok, FA - only men - friendly, but lack professional skills. Food below business standard, just "superior economy" - same for drinks. Flight departed 40 mins late - no explanation given. Luggage delivery at MIA airport ok.

Air Berlin Customer review :  9 March 2012 by John Bowery    (USA)

Düsseldorf to Vancouver. Our flight was delayed by 11 hours! Air Berlin did not offer passengers any compensation for the delay, not even a meal coupon or a coffee. Onboard, staff were also rude. They did not offer any explanation for delay when asked. The seats were relatively comfortable, but the meals were below average. The overall quality is that of a typical budget airline. The worst customer service experience I have ever witnessed.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 March 2012 by R Shepherd    (Germany)

Trip from Rome Fiumicino to Frankfurt. Due to 'technical issues', was forced to return to the airport twice, and then rescheduled the following day. Staff were extremely unhelpful during this ordeal. We sought a flight with another airline the following day. Air Berlin have not been helpful since this endeavour in responding to enquiries.

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 February 2012 by V Ladhani    (Germany)

HAM-MUC-HAM: B737 700 and A320. Flights were 85 and 50% full on respective legs. Passengers greeted with unmotivated and crew giggling amongst themselves. Aircraft's clean enough and service friendly. Soft drinks and chips served. Both flights on time. Recently prices have gone up, LH is offering cheaper tickets. I think its time to upgrade to LH.

Air Berlin Customer review :  8 February 2012 by Douglas Jentzen II    (USA)

JFK-DUS. Flight boarded on time. Crew very hospitable and friendly. Served dinner an hour after take off, meal tasty by airline standards although portions could have been a bit bigger. We were given a choice of a complementary cognac or ice cream for desert. Free beer and wine. Seats average or slightly below in terms of space and comfort. Breakfast was of a traditional German type - cold cuts and fruit. Flight crew bilingual, some even spoke a handful of languages. IFE was the antiquated overhead CRT monitors. All in all a pleasant experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 February 2012 by Karim Lankarany    (Germany)

BER-MIA nonstop service. Old A330-200 from LTU - seats do not fully recline but not a big issue for me personally. Lots of space. IFE very old, small personal screen, films shown nonstop, not really usable. Supposedly with AB joining One World, seats and IFE in both business and economy on longhaul will be replaced step by step. Very friendly service, 2 flight attendants for business cabin. Very good food with three meals. Plenty of drinks. Flight on time. Crew provided lots of information during the flight and also about immigration process. Air Berlin really needs new planes and/or refurbish its longhaul planes to compete with other major carriers. If they do, AB offers very good value for money.

Air Berlin Customer review :  31 January 2012 by Lars Pedersen    (Denmark)

Las Palmas to Stuttgart Jan 29 2012. Excellent service, flight on time, good food. Ordered breakfast online and received a nice and fresh sandwich on the side. Served refreshments 3 times during the 4 hour flight. Average pitch, showed a movie on the overhead screens.

Air Berlin Customer review :  25 January 2012 by Bernhard Schmid    (Switzerland)

I have always been extremely satisfied about Air Berlin services within Europe, so I booked a flight to Bangkok. Unfortunately, and amazingly, the cabin quality was worse than in all major airlines which I have used before. Very little leg space, poor food, no individual entertainment system outbound, but very good system inbound. The good thing: Very punctual!

Air Berlin Customer review :  23 January 2012 by Mark Hurter    (Switzerland)

ZRH-TXL-BSL. Booked flights for a great price and paid for second row seat and had hand luggage only. Both time outside the Terminal in minutes. Service was friendly. Free Sandwich and soft drinks. Good value for money and way ahead of low-cost carrier. Internet Check-in fine as well. Overhead screens for short haul.

Air Berlin Customer review :  20 January 2012 by E Rudel    (USA)

December 23rd, 2011 my teenage son and I travelled from JFK to TXL. Everything was smooth, staff were friendly and accommodating. Their service and the quality of food and drinks was outstanding - we couldn't have asked for a better start to our vacation. We experienced the same on our way back on New Year's Eve, they even served complementary sparkling wine to ring in the New Year.

Air Berlin Customer review :  13 January 2012 by A Ramirez    (USA)

Berlin-Dusseldorf and Dusseldorf-Miami and Miami-Denver with American Airlines Jan 6, 2012. We had a 5-month-old infant with us, in Berlin the crew spoke little English, so when we asked for 'deliver at the gate' tags for the baby's stroller, they checked in the stroller as regular baggage all the way to Denver. In Miami we had a 6-hour layover and nothing to put the baby in. From Dusseldorf to Miami we didn't get a bassinet for the child as they supposedly were all booked. However, when we walked around the plane it turned out that only one was in use. We ended up sitting in the last row by the restrooms where seats could not be reclined. We struggled to accommodate the baby for 10 hrs 40 mins. The crew was unpleasant when I asked for hot water to warm the baby's milk. I would not recommend Air Berlin.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 January 2012 by L Casertano    (UK)

Staff unfriendly and impolite, they were eating during our conversation at the front desk. I had a flight from London Stansted to Verona, they cancelled it without informing me because I booked trough Edreams. I had been waiting for 5 hours at the airport, no information displayed, no apology and I had to pay the transport from Stansted to Gatwick. I tried to complain with the customer service via email but no reply at all.

Air Berlin Customer review :  9 January 2012 by L Bridgeland    (UK)

My wife and daughter flew Thailand to UK via Dusseldorf. The flights were ok though connection was missed in Dusseldorf due to late departure. No information given to people waiting at Stansted arrivals. Eventually my wife and daughter were put on a flight to Heathrow. The bags did not arrive with them so we had to spend the night near Heathrow and return in the morning. The bags did not arrive so we travelled home to the Isle of Wight. We incurred extra costs for the overnight stay, none of which have been reimbursed after repeatedly contacting customer services. I understand these things happen concerning the original late departure but don't expect any help if things go wrong!

Air Berlin Customer review :  5 December 2011 by V Árnason    (Iceland)

KEF-DUS-FCO. First time with Air Berlin. Everything went smoothly before departure from Keflavik and we arrived on time in Germany. The seats and sandwiches were ok but I didn't care for the inflight entertainment. Flight attendants were friendly. All in all good value for money.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Home| Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |