Air Berlin Passenger Reviews and Air Berlin Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Berlin Customer review :  10 July 2012 by D Jensen    (Germany)

Again a very nice experience flying Air Berlin, this time from Düsseldorf to Copenhagen. Easy check-in, flight was on time, cabin was nice, flight attendant was friendly and everything seemed very relaxed. You even get a drink and a little snack for free on such a short flight. Flew them 3x before on similar routes, and every time it was a very agreeable way to fly with not a single trace of a problem.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 June 2012 by C Deska    (USA)

In my past experiences, I have found that even with a cancelled or delayed flight, the airlines will typically be proactive in notifying passengers on board about other options or the status of their connecting flights. On my international flight which took off 1 hr late, I received none of that. Even when going to the ticket counters to re-book my flights (after running to my gate and discovering that I had missed it), no one was on the same page. Some didn't print out new tickets, they couldn't tell me where to go to get my luggage on the right track (which by the way, I didn't get until almost 3 days later), and last but not least, they flew me to a completely different airport in London without telling me of this change. On the way home from Europe, same situation. 1 hour delayed flight (due to technical issues) causing nearly missed flight on other end. Wouldn't provide me with cart, or tell me the status of my next flight and whether it would hold for us. Landed at final destination, no baggage.

Air Berlin Customer review :  26 June 2012 by David O'Keefe    (USA)

Everything ran smoothly. Great price, good food and service, flawless connection. We flew JFK to Verona, Italy. We had a quick stop in Dusseldorf. Would fly again in a heartbeat.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 June 2012 by S Scott    (UK)

Totally devoid of customer service. Delayed yesterday coming out of Munich by 6 hours. No communication, internet was better. No counter staff. The flight was to Majorca and I had an ongoing flight. The Majorca bound young holiday makers found the time to get very drunk in the wait and were therefore removed from the plane by police. They where allowed to board and then removed from the plane without air con. Bags off and more delays. Bag lost in transit, no connection. Then to cap it off the return flight was delayed by another 6 hours.

Air Berlin Customer review :  19 June 2012 by M Naegele    (USA)

JFK-DUS-STR Both flights were full. Flight attendants were friendly, professional, and spoke English and German. Meal choices were fine but not very tasty. My main gripe with the trip was the leg room. I had more leg room on my trip from to STR then I had to DUS. The matter wasn't helped in the fact that the seat in front of me was reclined for the entire trip making it next to impossible for me to reach the carry-on I had put under the seat in front of me. The best part of the trip was the IFE. Probably the best I've experienced in the last year.

Air Berlin Customer review :  13 June 2012 by A Peters    (USA)

WDH-TXL. Flight attendants could be friendlier. Once in Berlin, transit security staff in Berlin took me too late to the gate and I stood on the bridge and watched in dismay as my LHR connecting flight departed without me and my young daughter while security staff were busy talking on the ground next to my bumped luggage. 2 hours later, security staff demanded USD2000 from me to rebook my missed flights via LHR to Chicago claiming that this was because I had no airport transit visa. When I explained that there was a fax from BA about my arrival and connecting flight and the tardiness of the security staff, I was rebooked without charge, but no apology. Air Berlin told me that they were not British Airways although the flight showed their name and number as well, yet they simply cancelled my Chicago-Des Moines confirmed reservation on American Airlines without explanation. This is extremely poor service from a OneWorld partner.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 June 2012 by Peter Bohacek    (USA)

The seats on our 11 hour flight to Dusseldorf were impossible for someone my size (6 ft 3 in). Legroom is so small that there was no way my feet could go under the seat in front of me. As a result my knees were bent at 90 degrees for the whole flight with pressure on my kneecaps the whole way. This was my most uncomfortable flight in my 3,000,000 mile flight history.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 June 2012 by Mickael Chia    (Malaysia)

Took 8.55 am flight Berlin TXL to Frankfurt on a Monday morning. Arrived 2 hours before flight, check-in area still not shown. Only shown 1.40 before departure. Get to the check-in area, staff says go away. Turns out she is from Lufthansa. So we wait. 10 minutes later staff come along, ignore us in the queue, chatted with each other, take another 10 minutes to set up. Printer not working, has to ask neighbour for help. No instructions on where to go next. At 1 hour plus to departure, I go to security. They say come back later. Flight itself was ok. FA ok. One drink and a roll. Bus to terminal. Luggage takes ages to arrive. Not pleased. Not recommended.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 June 2012 by N Becker    (USA)

Flew non-stop LAX to Berlin TXL on May 23 return on May 30th. Our first encounters with AirBerlin began with a series of phone calls to purchase premium seating, a fairly common practice with airlines these days. The person on the other end was courteous, professional and efficient. Personnel at the check-in counter at LAX were all friendly and helpful. Yes, the seats in economy class have poor legroom - but so do AA and British Airways. The plane was spotless, the entertainment top-notch and current, just remember to have your headphones with you - otherwise 5€ isn't bad for a set. We were served a beverage, snack, wine or a meal every time we turned around. Our plane left on time and arrived several minutes early.

Air Berlin Customer review :  5 June 2012 by S Vanhove    (USA)

Miami-Berlin flight was great. Had to buy head sets for $7, I was little surprised. Staff very nice and professional, food was great. Kids crying for 9 hrs but it wasn't the airline's fault. Little TVs for every passenger, great selection of movies and music. I flew back to MIA with the same airline on the 28th. What a difference! No TV's, head sets offered for $5 this time. Food was really bad, staff not helpful. I asked for a pen, stewardess replied I'm sorry and never came back, other one saw a paper napkin on the floor and instead of picking I up she kicked it in the corner. I couldn't believe it was the same airline. Excellent experience on the way to Europe but not very good experience flying back.

Air Berlin Customer review :  1 June 2012 by Jorge Catoggio    (USA)

MIA-DUS-BER. First impression was new airplane and very clean. Seats ok, seat pitch compact. Staff correct but not very attentive and definitively rude when confronted. IFE excellent if you have brought your headphones or pay the €5 charge. The rest of the trip uneventful except for the very tired airport facilities at DUS and TXL. Return flight was nonstop TXL-MIA. Priority access only granted after insisting twice that we were Gold Status or OneWorld Ruby; nobody seems to have been instructed on what that means. Same plane, IFE, staff with a little better attitude, though nowhere be found once they hand out "the bottle of water". Food was above average, wine as always: one glass. Luggage handling ok. Rates are ok but same as other main carriers, especially those belonging to One World. AB will have to do a lot to take advantage of their recent incorporation.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 May 2012 by Y Ren    (Australia)

Copenhagen-Berlin-Frankfurt. Booked so I could accumulate Qantas points. Qantas booked seats for me and all went smoothly. Check-in at CPH was fine, priority check-in for Platinum member but staff did not know whether I could access the lounge or not - she suggested I try my luck at the lounge. Lounge at CPH was fine. A319 from Copenhagen to Berlin and 737-700 from Berlin to Frankfurt. Air Berlin cabin looks like a budget airline, service was inconsistent. Copenhagen-Berlin flight staff were rude and unprofessional, friendly and helpful from Berlin to Frankfurt. No lounge available in Berlin considering that is their home airport. Transit at Berlin airport is a nightmare, only 50 minutes between flights. Security staff are slow and rude, luggage arrived at Frankfurt airport pretty quickly. Air Berlin still have long way to go to meet the One World alliance standard.

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 May 2012 by I Ilieff    (USA)

Inaugural TXL-LAX flight, Economy Class. Check-in uneventful, boarding delayed 30 minutes, however nobody seemed to mind since there was plenty of free food and beverages. Each passenger got a little souvenir upon boarding. Flight smooth, arrival on-time. New clean cabin with a good 10" touch screen, IFE on demand with plenty of movies, TV, music and games, comfortable seats. Attentive crew with plenty of water runs, at some point they even handed out water bottles. However, seat pitch is impossible. I am 6'3" and if I had to actually sit during the entire flight (I had the entire 4-seat row to myself due to low passenger load) I would have ended with severe pain in my legs. When the passenger in the front reclines, their head practically is in your face. Food was tasty, but the portions tiny. Beer and wine for sale only, except one glass of wine served with the main meal. Headphones for sale only. The crew didn't really care about keeping passengers in line, so nobody bothered closing the sun shades after the main meal, kids were left playing in the aisles unattended. Overall a good value for the price, but still far from LH, AF, BA, or KL standards. Nevertheless, a great direct connection from Berlin to LA with a lot of potential.

Air Berlin Customer review :  16 May 2012 by Tenna Petersen    (Denmark)

Our booked trip from Rome to Copenhagen via Vienna, with a 55 min transfer window in Vienna. After checking in we went to the appointed gate - we were there quite early, so sat waiting at the gate for 1.5 hours. Our flight to Vienna was delayed 1.5 hours, but no one could give us any information or help regarding our connecting flight in Vienna. We were told to keep checking the departure list, and in the end, 2 hours after the original time, the departure list said that the plane was now boarding. Eventually 2.5 hours after the original take off time, the plane was boarded and ready. When in the air, we asked staff about our connecting flight, which by now we had definitely missed, they were very surprised to hear that there were people onboard, who had connecting flights and they knew nothing. In Vienna there was one guy to help all passengers, he informed us that we would be installed in a hotel in the airport for the night and that we would get on a plane home to Copenhagen at 6.25 am. Air Berlin had a special little extra surprise for us, as this flight was not direct but had a stop in Berlin! Information was close to non existent, and staff very unhelpful.

Air Berlin Customer review :  3 May 2012 by Thomas Echter    (Germany)

Berlin-Abu Dhabi-Phuket. Good things first: Flight crew very friendly, very helpful, making the best of the basic services Air Berlin provides. You receive a glass of wine with dinner (but they have to explain: only one!). Headphones are charged for, 3 Euro. The onward boarding pass (Air Berlin flight, Air Berlin plane) from Abu Dhabi to Phuket has to be picked up personally at Etihad counters in Abu Dhabi, as Air Berlin cannot issue them - in Berlin! Overall - if cheaply priced, ok. If expensive, definitely not.

Air Berlin Customer review :  3 May 2012 by A Wisniewski    (Philippines)

FRA-TXL. The check-in area was nice and fast. The plane was in good shape, left on time, and they served a snack. Flight attendants were very attentive. Upon exiting the plane they handed out chocolates. Would happily fly them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 April 2012 by Carsten Rossenhoevel    (Germany)

TXL-AUH-TXL. Outbound flight to Abu Dhabi very lightly booked. Average meal was served and we got small bottles of water as an extra service. Old seat layout without in-seat entertainment. Return flight was fully booked. My seat reservation had been given away despite the fact I checked in 120 minutes ahead of the flight. The aircraft was fitted with new seats. The new economy seats were disappointing, the pocket is too small to even fit an iPad or a bottle of water; and the passenger behind me used the touchscreen like a woodpecker waking me up every time. Before departure, the crew told passengers would have to enjoy the entertainment system without sound. The sun started rising but there was no effort to close the window blinds. As promised, the crew mercilessly started serving breakfast 120 minutes before landing. Again, loud announcements that woke everyone up. All in all, an unpleasant experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  10 April 2012 by M Prevoo    (UAE)

Flight from Abu Dhabi to Phuket return. Codeshare with Etihad. Inflight entertainment zero, seats small and service very mediocre. After serving an average meal the crew disappeared. On a 6-7 hour flight one would expect them to serve at least water between the main meal and the turkey/cheese roll before landing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Home| Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |