Air Berlin Passenger Reviews and Air Berlin Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Berlin Customer review :  13 February 2013 by Carol Wurr    (UK)

2 flights - Abu Dhabi to Phuket return. Insufficient leg room, rude staff. We were stranded in Phuket on the return leg due to a broken aircraft. No one from Air Berlin appeared to know what was going on - we eventually left Phuket 25 hours late. Put up overnight after almost a full night at the airport in the most basic of hotels. Then our bags got left in Abu Dhabi. Will never fly with them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  8 February 2013 by Egér Mihály    (Hungary)

TXL-MIA-TXL, Economy Class, January 2013. Outbound flight on time, however the waiting area was short of seats (old Tegel airport). After takeoff a snack was offered with soft drinks and one hour later they started to serve breakfast. Portion was ok, taste ok, offered drinks twice during breakfast plus coffee, tea after. Mid- time offered a snack with drinks and a bottle of water. Staff were helpful and smiley. The dinner shortly before landing was good (pasta or chicken). Even served hot towels just before landing. The cabin seemed to be freshly refurbished, new touch screen monitors, with many movies, music and games for kids. The seats were small as always on any economy transatlantic flight. Not bigger, not smaller. On the inbound flight we had the same experience. I'm happy we chose Air Berlin and the price was very reasonable.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 February 2013 by James Popp    (Hungary)

Jan 9 2013, Budapest to Bangkok on Air Berlin / Etihad. Budapest staff were helpful and the flight to Berlin went well. Air Berlin flights from Berlin to Abu Dhabi and from Abu Dhabi to Berlin on Jan 31st were horrifying. Each way it was a 6.5 hr flight in cramped seats with bad food and rude service. The stewardesses were virtually snarling. The food was almost inedible The seats were unusually small. The worst flying experience we've had. The Etihad part of the flights was excellent with great food, pleasant service, and comfortable seating.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 January 2013 by P Knap    (Germany)

TXL-MIA-TXL A330-200. Very mixed box this time. After a good experience on an Air Berlin transatlantic flight lately, I was looking forward to my flight to MIA. Outbound: 1 hour delay, due to late arrival. Crew very reluctant and surly, Purser seemed unprofessional. Meals explicitly smaller than on last transatlantic trip and not sufficient for a 10.5 hr flight. No snacks in galley, some cookies handed out but only once - if you slept at this particular moment you missed your chance. Inbound: Food portions seemed larger though taste was dull. Crew very friendly. Friends of the crew (or maybe colleagues) were moved up front to C or were given nuts and chocolate bars - again: no snacks for normal Y passengers. At the beginning of the flight we experienced heavy turbulence but captain talked passengers through it. All in all both trips felt more like a vacation trip to Ibiza or the Turkish Riviera rather than a transatlantic flight of a want-to-be full service Oneworld airline.

Air Berlin Customer review :  28 January 2013 by Blaeke Downie    (UK)

Flew Abu Dhabi to Phuket. As it was almost impossible for me to fit me knees into the seating area, they fell into the aisle when I finally dozed off slightly. I was abruptly awoken by a male flight attendant who knocked me with a trolley. I awaited an apology, but instead was yelled at for having my knees in the aisle. The other flight attendants did their utmost to make us feel as uncomfortable and unwelcome as they possibly could. It was as if they were going out of their way to be rude and unfriendly. Our return flight (mid October 2012) which we were dreading, was delayed by over 2 hours. No staff available in Phuket to advise what would happen with our connecting flight from Abu Dhabi to London. When we finally boarded we were again met be extremely rude and unfriendly cabin crew. Flying Ryanair would be considered an upgrade from this. AirBerlin are definitely the worst airline we have had the displeasure of flying with, and it is unacceptable that they are part of the OneWorld alliance. If you like flying low cost airlines with appalling service then you will love AirBerlin.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 January 2013 by Leon Schneder    (Israel)

Been flying with them at least 8 times a year. Overall the planes are pretty good and the staff are usually friendly. The food is not as good as other airlines and they have been cutting down on the food: The Berlin - Tel Aviv flight would usually have a warm meal, now you just get a sandwich. If that saves money, fine for me because better meals can be ordered at extra cost.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 January 2013 by Tashi Harris    (UK)

Business trip from Stansted to Dusseldorf. Outward trip went fine. On return, checking in at Dusseldorf was told flight was cancelled. No explanation given. Re-booked on BA flight that evening but this landed in Heathrow and my car was left at Stansted. Air Berlin failed to transport me to Stansted.

Air Berlin Customer review :  16 January 2013 by Martin Fischer    (Germany)

DUS-GWT on Dash8Q400. Fight was good, on time and staff were friendly. The croissant was cold and not very tasty but I don't need a snack on a 50 mins ride. GWT-DUS on 737-700: old plane, bad seats (seat in front of me was broken), although staff were friendly and flight was ahead of schedule. Enough for a domestic flight about 55 min.

Air Berlin Customer review :  8 January 2013 by Anwen Jones-Maher    (UK)

We flew from Abu Dhabi to Phuket on 11 December and returned to Abu Dhabi from Phuket with Air Berlin on 27 December. Flight out delayed by a few hours and all the crew had to say was that it wasn't their fault. Eventually there was an announcement that we were going to be given a glass of water! On the fight back one of the cabin crew plonked a meal in front of my husband who asked if there was a choice. The flight attendant told him there was only chicken left. No drinks service before our meal and the food wasn't up to much. Not all the crew were surly but most made you feel that you were a nuisance - even though we didn't ask for anything! Very poor service.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 January 2013 by G Ames    (Bahrain)

Flew code share (I thought I was flying Etihad) from Abu Dhabi to Phuket. All in all quite poor, flying in business class, poor food and seat, no lie flat, very uncomfortable, bad choice of movies. On the return leg they did not have enough food so I did not eat a main dish, cabin crew apologised but did not offer any options. On the whole I found the crew to be quite rude and unhelpful. I will not use Air Berlin again and would not recommend them.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 January 2013 by A Kegel    (Switzerland)

Three flights in the last 2 weeks between ZRH and BER. All flights arrived 5 to 15 minutes ahead of schedule. Seating very comfy for these flights, free snack and soft drinks served. However: The biggest plus are the Flight attendants who all were extremely friendly with a lot of smiles.

Air Berlin Customer review :  31 December 2012 by R Hilbinger    (Austria)

Flight AB7417 from CUN-DUS on 29th Dec 2012 on A330-200. Called their serviceline to reserve seats for my wife, when checking in I was told, there were no records. In the end got a 4 seater for me and my wife, with the comment, that they would not be able to guarantee until boarding would be completed. Since plane was only 70 % full, it finally worked out. Lounge access: Although clearly mentioned on their homepage for their Gold Members, no voucher for their contract lounge, later in the lounge sent away due to I could not provide them with a voucher! Onboard, IFE not working properly, even reading lights could not be operated. When asking one FA to help, she was very annoyed, telling me she has other things to do. Finally she helped by resetting the lights. Food was not nice either. No drink rounds during a 9 hour flight with exception of meals. No amenity kits, not even a small one for a night flight. No personal welcome or care for their status pax, at least not for me, whereas they seemed to be very caring about one more status pax 2 rows further front. Out of more than 30 long-haul flights in 2012, this was by far the worst. Never had such an unprofessional, unfriendly experience and will avoid for future trips! They might be acceptable for a short hop within Europe, but their long-haul product is really bad, both for the ground handling as well as on-board.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 December 2012 by G Freese    (Germany)

Düsseldorf to Fort Myers, return 3 weeks later. The food was good, no complaints. Flight service staff were very good - ground service staff not so. The in-flight entertainment was very good. There was a problem with one monitor. The problem had not been fixed on the return flight - we had the same seats on the same machine! My problem is with the reclining seats. They are very peculiar in that in the full sleep position the body is in a decline, the legs and feet are lower than the upper body. A very odd position that I found most uncomfortable. The seats looked a bit worn for newly installed seating. Late night check-in in Düsseldorf left something to be desired. There were 4 counters open, and just a handful of passengers checking in. The Business counter was dealing with a rather lengthy problem so we went to one of the economy counters. The woman at this counter practically snarled at us. For these reasons - poor service by the ground staff and the office staff I would hesitate to fly with Air Berlin again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  19 December 2012 by R Kollias    (Germany)

TXL-AUH AUH-TXL. Staff were surly and unhelpful. We were travelling with an 18 month old and they gave the bassinet seats we had requested/reconfirmed to two men instead of us. Food was terrible, service was non-existent. Plane was old and poky considering length of flight. Never again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 December 2012 by Philip White    (Australia)

We flew from JFK to Tegel. The flight was over an hour late taking off and no explanation or apology was given. No dinner provided and a very poor explanation given for this ie there was a potential for clear air turbulence although during the flight we experienced little turbulence. Breakfast was provided but it was cold and of very poor quality. My wife had no audio for her in-flight entertainment and staff were unable to rectify this. All reading lights that were switched on were unable to be switched off so it was very difficult to get any sleep. The seats were uncomfortable and tended to tip you forward. There was no information provided about destination time or weather and the travel map on the in-flight entertainment did not work. Also no one could provide information about our next flight out of Berlin in spite of us having a forward booking e- ticket indicating that there was a service to be operated by Air Berlin. The general demeanour of staff was surly or apathetic. Without a doubt we would never choose to fly Air Berlin again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  18 December 2012 by D Walter    (USA)

My outbound flight to Rome was delayed by almost 10 hours. Customer Service at JFK comprised a few hapless girls who did not bother to try and book any of the passengers on alternate flights. My return flight from Venice was rescheduled from 1.55 in the afternoon to 8.00 in the morning, an incredible inconvenience requiring getting up in the middle of the night to reach the airport 3 hours before an international flight. These matters were made worse by the almost total disregard for the passengers or their schedules. Since my return to New York, Air Berlin Customer Service has evaded replies to my letters for more than a month. It is bad enough for an airline to be sloppy. Fortunately most of my travels go smoothly. Inevitably I've occasionally travelled with a poor or weak airline. I will never fly with them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  17 December 2012 by B Grundy    (UK)

Air Berlin carrier for Etihad Abu Dhabi to Phuket December 2012. Crew surly and uninterested, food and seats terrible, no space. The flight was so bad I checked all my onward travel on arrival in Phuket and was prepared to pay for other flights if Air Berlin were the carriers for any other legs. If you have booked with them or will have a leg of your journey with them, be warned and do something about it now.

Air Berlin Customer review :  12 December 2012 by Martin Josifov    (Switzerland)

FRA-TXL-AUH-HKT-AUH-TXL-FRA. Surprisingly good experience compared to European competitors. FRA-TXL and TXL-FRA flights excellent - complimentary food and wine on a 50 mins domestic flight. TXL-AUH (22.11.12) - enough legroom on A330, personal display and professional, friendly and smiling crew. Cabin was in perfect condition. Food was tasty with choice of pasta or beef and drink runs about 4-5 times. Same experience on flight AUH-TXL (07.12.12) with meal and snack on a 6.5 hr flight, wide choice of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks, too. Unfortunately moving map was out of order. The captain kept us informed instead. However experience on both flights AUH-HKT, (26.11.12) and HKT-AUH, (06.12.12) was not really the same as mentioned above. Flight crews looked a bit nervous and tired, only 1 drink run. What I dislike at AB is that although they have a very good IFE system it gets boring watching the same movies and listening to same music on each and every flight with them. Especially if you have 4 long hauls in 2 weeks. Either update it monthly or by leg! The second complain is TXL as a transfer airport-it looks appalling and awful in every sense. All in all above average experience. Would fly them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  6 December 2012 by S Valentin    (Norway)

Booked XL seats on the flight from Tegel-Miami, but the seats was not XL. They were by the door (entrance door and emergency exit) which has a very big bulge on the door, with makes the legroom (for your left leg) smaller than an ordinary seat. I asked the steward about this, and he was somewhat surprised that the seat was sold as XL. On the way back we ordered XL seat for my son. He got an ordinary seat. On the way back we also booked reserved seating for me and my wife to make sure we did not get bad seats. We got seats by the toilet which were impossible to recline. All together we have paid about 200 euro for nothing.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Home| Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |