Air Berlin Passenger Reviews and Air Berlin Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Air Berlin Customer review :  9 July 2013 by Amita Sehgal    (USA)

JFK-CTA with a connection in Berlin. Plane delayed 3 hours for no reason out of JFK. Missed connecting flight to Catania. Air Berlin re-routed us through Rome and then by Meridiana to Catania. The entire time telling us our bags would arrive when we do. No problem. We land in Catania. Our bags never made it. Finally got our bags the night we were leaving. The airline is very disorganized. The seats and leg space are small. The food is terrible.

Air Berlin Customer review :  9 July 2013 by Joy Sakai    (USA)

Air Berlin flights out of Dusseldorf delayed all week per lounge receptionist. Ours delayed 2.5 hours, which puts our connection in serious jeopardy in the US. The lounge is small and the food the most limited I have seen since flying business and first (maybe 10 years). I asked if some other food (sandwiches, etc) could be provided since we were missing lunch, and attendants said this is all they ever have. After reading other reviews regarding seats and service in Business, I will not let American Airlines lead me this way again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 July 2013 by R Peebles    (USA)

New York - Dusseldorf - Venice, return Vienna - Dusseldorf - New York. The smallest space between rows I have experienced. Anyone over 5ft 8" will be miserable. Airport staff at Dusseldorf offered no updates on delayed return flight - verbal rebellion at the gate. Never again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 July 2013 by Bill Pom    (USA)

Business Class JFK-Berlin, then on to Krakow 3 days later, and then to Budapest 3 days later. In that time they managed to lose our luggage twice. In Berlin there is no one in the baggage area to help you. Lost luggage is handled by a separate outfit located in Terminal C Lobby. Finally received our bags 2 days later. Flight to Krakow was late (we got our luggage). They again lost our luggage on the flight to Budapest. Business Class was nothing special, but the food was ok. We had a lot of trouble getting a glass of wine before dinner. Food service on the economy flights were either a sweet or salty roll, and something to drink. Their coffee is terrible! The planes were OK - seating is a bit tight, but they are an economy airline. If you need to check baggage fly Lufthansa.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 July 2013 by Ricardo De la Cierva    (USA)

I used to love Air Berlin and the quick connection and passport control when coming in from NY and connecting in Dusseldorf to Stuttgart. After my last 2 experiences in Stuttgart I will not fly them again. Both times on the return trip and after going through security they called me to re-route my flight. They make you go out of security then go to one counter and then to the priority counter. I have a roll bag that I carry on to Germany. On my first check in it is no problem to take it in. Once you have to go back out and check in the second time she makes you check it in to NY. Customer service on the flights is great. The ground team and systems in Stuttgart are awful.

Air Berlin Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

MUC-TLV and return several times. Planes always clean, staff friendly, food ok. Sometimes they do weigh your luggage, but 1-2kg overweight were ok. Arrival in TLV in the late night/early morning definitively recommended, as passport control is considerably faster.

Air Berlin Customer review :  1 July 2013 by Fareed Al-Oboudi    (USA)

Los Angeles (LAX) to Nuremberg (connecting in New York's JFK, return portion was from Munich (MUC) to LAX via Dusseldorf). My wife and I paid for our seats to guarantee being together on both legs. It made no difference or sense in the end since the seats had no leg room. We were uncomfortable the entire time. Upon arrival in Dusseldorf (DUS) we found out that our connecting flight was cancelled with no other options available. Furthermore, our luggage would not arrive at our destination until the next day! No explanations or no apologies were offered. Customer service was dreadful in Dusseldorf - rude and slow. I do not fly for the food or the entertainment. My hope is to travel safely and while on board to not be squeezed.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 June 2013 by Iwona Ring    (USA)

This was the most unpleasant trip we have taken. I had paid extra money for the extra leg room. We had got the seats right by the flight attendants station and by the bathroom. The service cart was constantly sticking out, which made it difficult for people to pass to the bathroom and squeezing between my boyfriends legs and the service cart. The monitor with the flight information was wrong. The food was terrible. And the worst were the seats. You feel like you are sitting on the metal bar going across your lower back. On the way from Berlin to Miami, they kept everybody boarding the plane in a small locked area, separated from the shops and cafes without enough seating for everybody. To top off the trip, when landing the flight attendant demanded to take away the pillow that my boyfriend was sitting on because it had to be put away for landing. At that same time, the pillow and blanket were laying down on the seat behind me and they did not create any danger, but the little pillow my boyfriend was sitting on was taken away from him. Ridiculous.

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 June 2013 by C Smith    (USA)

June 16, 2013, Venice to Dusseldorf to JFK. Very unorganized in Venice. First told to wait in line 54/55, then it was moved to 56,57. There was not enough staff to check us in and people in line were rude and pushy. When we finally boarded, we were taken to a bus that they crammed the entire plane into. A mad rush to board. The crew opened both doors, which made no sense, so again another round of people pushing and ending up on the wrong end of the plane. After everyone was settled, we were told that the plane had to be mechanically signed off, so had to wait 30 minutes or so. The flight from Dusseldorf to JFK had to be held for us. Impressed with Air Berlin on our outbound flight June 5 from JFK to Dusseldorf to Barcelona, but this return flight home left much to be desired.

Air Berlin Customer review :  24 June 2013 by L Buckley    (USA)

Miami-Berlin. Took flight on a one way basis as return dates were subject to change. I am a top tier AA flier and the addition to Air Berlin gives some good connection options. Aircraft was a new Airbus with standard seat pitch and seat comfort in economy was uncomfortable. The IFE is good with each seat having independent controls and a reasonable selection of movies etc. Unfortunately the selection is via a touch screen buried in your seat back and the Neanderthal behind me felt that instead of lightly touching the screen they had to indent their finger into the screen - constant tap tap into my seat that precluded any chance of sleep. Food average, drinks average, FA's average. Despite being top tier no way to select seat on line - had to call in advance and their website is poor.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Martin Kral    (Slovakia)

BUD-TXL-AUH on 14 May 2013 (and AUH-BKK with Etihad). Everything was OK. So smooth. But beware - on TXL there is no toilet in waiting room behind the passport control. Onboard, I met the funniest staff I have ever travelled with. The food was good and tasty. The seat comfort was better average. The IFE was good (better than on Etihad). The price for the ticket was excellent.

Air Berlin Customer review :  22 June 2013 by L Pulliam    (USA)

Paris (Orly) - Berlin (Tegel), short haul flight and very pleased with this airline. Plane was a fairly new 737-700, comfortable, clean, nice lighting and professional attendants. On time departure, well maybe 5 minutes late but arrived in Berlin ahead of schedule. Nice snacks and beverages at no cost. All in all I do recommend this airline from my experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  20 June 2013 by O Sendetskyi    (France)

Flight from Barcelona to Munich. Flight was an hour late. Entering the plane was like entering a discotheque, loud music plus screens with advertisement everywhere, not comfortable at all. It was cold in the cabin throughout the whole flight. And somehow I did not get any food in the plane although it should have been provided. Would never use this company again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  12 June 2013 by Marc Miller    (USA)

JFK to Dusseldorf to Nice - round-trip. Flight was punctual, cabin very clean. Food service and beverage was executed very well. Attendants were courteous and helpful. Flight was smooth as well as landing and take off. Baggage transferred and unloaded quite quickly. We were impressed. We have been crossing the Atlantic for over twenty years. I recommend Air Berlin. We would give the poor rating to seat comfort in Economy Class to any airline in today's world.

Air Berlin Customer review :  11 June 2013 by C Ryter    (Switzerland)

Instead of a non-stop flight to Palma de Mallorca of 1hr 45mins, the airline changed the flight routing. We first had to fly north to Dortmund, Germany. Total travel time was 4 hours! Plane was totally full. The seat numbers were not correct, the staff did not care. No drinks served during this 1 hour flight. Cabin crew disappeared after take off. Arrived at Dortmund, told to remain in the aircraft, but after a while we all had to leave with our hand luggage to wait at the gate for re-boarding 15mins later. Seating number problem still not solved. Families who were promised to be seated together complained to staff, flight attendants were rude and arrogant. After take off finally drinks were served in tiny cups and a dry mini sandwich served. At Palma airport the plane was not docked to the terminal although most gates were empty. We had to leave the plane by stairs, take a bus and walk all the way to the arrivals hall.

Air Berlin Customer review :  7 June 2013 by Khatoon Khazeema    (Copenhagen)

Copenhagen to Berlin and Berlin to Paris, 28 May and return 5 June, Paris to Berlin and Berlin to Copenhagen. Sceptical as the tickets were relatively cheap. Surprised by the excellent service: all flights were clean and well maintained, we got a free drink, snacks, free newspapers, and the leg space was reasonable. While leaving the flight we got Air Berlin chocolates from staff with a smile. Staff were kind. Overall I had a very nice and experience and would travel them again.

Air Berlin Customer review :  4 June 2013 by F B Halfar    (Germany)

AB gets the short haul service right. Both the outbound and the return flight (same day) on time, clean, well maintained 737s. Generous newspaper/magazine offer in the boarding area at TXL, somewhat less generous at DUS. Efficient and friendly on board service with a choice of a sweet (candy bar) or a salty (small bag of sesame saltines) miniature snack and a drinks run, they are always gladly serving both a hot and a cold drink, wine and beer included at no charge. The friendly and obviously motivated staff a big plus. Legroom scarce, but not a big issue on 45 minute flights. Absolutely my choice again for the next intra-German flight, if the fare is right.

Air Berlin Customer review :  29 May 2013 by R C Donnelly    (USA)

New York to Dusseldorf, Koln to Berlin, Munich to Dusseldorf, and Dusseldorf to New York in the last 2 weeks. Flights were late, which seems out of character for a German airline, but landed on time. The seats are extremely close together. I'm 6'4" (194 cm) and could not sit with my legs forward at all and could not stretch them under the seat either. For the longer flights, the entire 8 hour flights, my knees and shins were pressed into some part of the seats in front of me. I was on the aisle so every time someone passed by me, they bumped my knee, shoulder or foot, impossible to even relax, much less sleep. I'm not overweight at all but these seats could only be comfortable for children. To make it all worse, on the trans-oceanic flights, the pilots seemed to find every segment of turbulence over the North Atlantic. I think we were bouncing around for at least 50% of the trip. Air Berlin: good prices, bad passenger experience.

Air Berlin Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Dusseldorf-Berlin-St Petersburg. We checked in easily at the machine. At bag drop our Russian visas were very carefully checked. Boarding smooth for the first flight, and our bulkhead seats on the A321 had plenty of legroom. A drink and a very bready pastry were served. Crew were efficient and the plane operated on time. Bussed to the terminal at Tegel. The boarding of the flight to St Petersburg was poor. Although there are dedicated gates for flights to Russia, there is no signage or information to indicate that before reporting to the gate you have to have your Russian visa checked (again) at a desk labelled simply "Air Berlin service". To enter the departure lounge you have to pass through passport control. As we could see that the lounge had no toilets, and not having been informed about the need to have our visa checked again, we and many others decided not to go into the lounge until just before boarding time. At that time we were directed to join a long queue where a single employee was slowly checking visas. All the while Air Berlin announcements were telling people to board the plane immediately as it was about to depart! The whole mess could be avoided by clear signage and information. Once on board the A320, the seating and basic lunch were fine for a 2.5 hr flight - although loud chatter and giggling among crew in the galley during descent was a bit unprofessional. Again we were bussed to the terminal.

Air Berlin Customer review :  20 May 2013 by J Hansen    (Denmark)

CPH-DUS, CGN-LPA in April 2013. Flights on time, decent service with a snack and non-alcoholic beverage CPH-DUS. CGN-LPA a filling sandwich served with same beverages as above. Both flights were good, service efficient but a little mechanic. Air Berlin-chocolates given upon disembarkation of each flight. All in all a decent product in today's aviation market.

Air Berlin Customer review :  20 May 2013 by C Johnson    (USA)

When we booked the return flight from Europe on Air Berlin as a part of our round trip booking through American Airlines, we were told that the Air Berlin flight from Berlin on business class would have lie flat seats (not true and the seats sere very uncomfortable). We were told that the connecting Air Berlin flight in Berlin would not require that we go through security again (not true). The food and service in business class were very poor. The cabin was hot and the attendants either could not adjust the temperature or did not pursuant to our request. The Air Berlin website cannot be negotiated to see the seat layout and select seats, hence, we had to rely on the Air Berlin representative telephone conversations as to location of seats. Our seats were changed 3 times without any notice. Sound quality of the entertainment system is very poor. The information regarding status of the flight and time of arrival on the entertainment system was grossly inaccurate.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

| Home| Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking| Advertise | Surveys| Site Map| Contact Us | Links |