PAGE loading ... please wait!

Bellview Airlines Passenger Reviews and Bellview Airlines Customer Trip Reports

a World 2-Star Airline

a World 2-Star Airline

Add your Bellview Airlines Review

Bellview Airlines detailed 2-Star ranking

Customer Review scoring : Bellview Airlines
2 out of 10  2 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

BELLVIEW AIRLINES review :  26 February 2011 : by W Kayode   (UK)

I bought London-Lagos Bellview Airlines ticket sometimes August 2009 to travel in october 2009.The official of the airline kept assuring me they were going to operate the flight. Three weeks after, I visited their office in London where I was reassured of the flight. However, on my second visit few days later to discover the office has been shut. All efforts to claim my money back have proved abortive including my visit to their head office at Lagos.

BELLVIEW AIRLINES review :  19 December 2009 : by S Okpapi   (UK)

I would comment on the flight but never made it there - and now the christmas I was meant to spend with my family back home this year has been completely ruined! I booked the flight in August to avoid the rush later on - only to find out days before I was supposed to travel that Bellview planes will not be flying anymore! I tried to book another flight but the prices were terrible - found out from my travel agent that I cannot get my money back for 2 months because I have to go through a "process". Typical. Its super quick when you want to pay but when you need your money back, they take their time. I hope they never fly again, they don't deserve to.

BELLVIEW AIRLINES review :  8 December 2009 : by B Akin   (USA)

I booked and paid for a one way from Accra to Lagos, only to arrive at the airport and find out that Bellview had been shut down! I had to scramble to book a flight with another airline (Aero) at the last minute. I am still trying to get my refund. No one from the airline bothered to inform customers that all reserved flights had been canceled. What a way to treat your customers. They deserve to be shut down for good and never be allowed to fly again.

BELLVIEW AIRLINES review :  8 September 2009 : by M Otitoju   (UK)

I travelled to Lagos with Bellview Airlines and was to return to London on 2nd September. Bellview were not able to return me and about 500 other passengers that were stranded in Lagos due to Technical problems. I had to pay for a one way ticket via an alternative airline to get back to London. The most annoying part of the saga is that Bellview were economical with the truth about their problems. It is very obvious that the problems are not just technical. There are various reports in newspapers and web posting of the treatment meted out to Bellview passengers. I experienced it first hand and it was a disgrace! Yes payment of refunds were made to passengers but did not compensate for the losses incurred. Bellview Airlines is a national disgrace and they should be closed down.

BELLVIEW AIRLINES review : 14 July 2009 : by E Adem

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

My dad had booked a return flight from Lagos to London, choosing Bellview for the first time. He arrived in the UK, however the problems started just before the return flight back to Lagos. The flight was scheduled to leave about 10 pm, and about 12 pm of the same day my dad recEIved a phone call from the airline stating there were a few on going problems and hence the airline was trying to sort out alternative arrangements for his return to Lagos. They said they would ring him back in a couple of hours. We awaited the phone call to no avail hence we decided to use our initiative, and rang Bellview back. They said he should make his own alternatives to return home!!! We then had to purchase a last minute flight (using a proper airline) from BA leaving a couple of day later. After booking the flight we then received a phone call back from Bellview saying they were trying to sort out our flight back to Nigeria - that was the last we heard from them. They were not answering and phone call leaving the poor passengers to fend for themselves. My dad was lucky he had family here to help him out and accommodate him for the additional days - unfortunately not everyone would have been in that situation. People with no family or money would have suffered a lot more, but what do Bellview care as long as they have the money. We Nigerians already have a bad reputation, and this poor and uncaring attitude makes for very bad publicity. I think my dad learnt his lesson the hard way - never use Bellview, unless you want to be let down and insulted.

Bellview Airlines - by O Chima

21 May 2009  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I booked a flight with Bellview with my husband and 2 children on the Lagos-London route. I was to travel a week ahead of my family who would join me later. At about 4.00pm the day before my departure I got a text from the airline that the flight had been cancelled. The next flight was in 2 days time. In order not to lose my BA ticket to Italy I had to buy Virgin ticket for the next day and travel to London. My husband came with the children a week later. Their flight was delayed for over 3 hrs in Lagos. On our return date we got to the airport in London to be told the flight to Lagos had been cancelled. Next flight was in 2 days. Meanwhile I was to return on Virgin same night. I could not leave my husband with two children alone. The staff of the airline offered no assistance and left us stranded at the airport. I had to take my plight to Virgin who kindly extended my ticket at no cost to enable me stay with my family until Bellview could fly. We spent the night at the airport. We wrote to Bellview when we finally returned to Lagos but nothing was done to compensate us. I will advise anyone I know not to fly Bellview Airlines.

Bellview Airlines - by M. Cros

18 May 2009  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I travelled with Bellview twice between Douala and Johannesburg and both times I had to deal with several changes in departure date. I was not even contacted beforehand but had to find out when I called the information desk a couple of days before my departure that the date had changed (this happened on 3 occasions!). Nothing was done by staff to make up for the mistake. Bellview never reimbursed additional hotel and transport costs. In 2 cases I just had to wait 2-3 days for the next Bellview flight. In 1 case I managed to be booked to Kenya Airways flight, which was eventually also over-booked. Only thanks to the staff of Kenya Airways, I could get on the flight and be back in Douala on time for several important meetings. I would not recommend flying with Bellview until they change their policies or unless you are extremely flexible in terms of flight dates!

Bellview Airlines - by Janet Adebuya

9 January 2009  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I never knew that staff can turn an airline into a backyard business. I purchased return ticket from London to Lagos last year August. On the day to come back to London I arrived at the airport and I was told "you cannot travel today the flight is full". I thought it was a joke - I showed my ticket to the staff, went to the office and nothing was done. I waited another 2 days before travelling someone who had a return ticket. What an airline. I gather my seat was sold. I travel to Nigeria at least 3 times a year never thought of using Belview until someone said to me try it. Next time I must look before I leap.

Bellview Airlines - by Rebecca Star

4 June 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I was recommended to fly with Bellview. The rates are quite good compared to Virgin Nigeria, British Airways etc. The flight out was excellent, plane was empty and it was a night flight so slept over the seats and everyone had a choice of where to sit. Staff were courteous and kind. My flight home was absolutely despicable. The flight was cancelled from Lagos, we were stranded for 2 days until Bellview finally pulled their finger out and put us in a Hotel for two nights. There was a 10% pay back next time you fly with Bellview, but no one was ever given it. The manager of Bellview in Lagos did not know what she was doing. In Lagos airport the staff of Bellview were unfriendly and very unwelcoming and rude. Finally we boarded flight B3282 on the Tuesday two days after it was meant to be. After this, and still no compensation I can say I will never ever fly with Bellview again. They are unreliable, unprofessional and provide a very bad service. I would rather pay more to fly Virgin Atlantic or British Airways as they are reliable.

Bellview Airlines - by D Anderson

25 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

London to Nigeria this month. The service in the UK was great, I cannot fault staff at the airport or on the aircraft - welcoming, friendly and approachable. However from Nigeria was a different story. I found the process of the check out unprofessional -certain members of staff arrogant and aggressive towards passengers. I feel we were treated like criminals, pushed and shouted at. Certain passengers were fast tracked to the check out by giving bribes to members of staff. This as many people now is a common thing in Nigeria, to get what you want. However I was surprised this happens with an international airline.

Bellview Airlines - by Zainab Omoyinmi

31 March 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

I am a regular Business Class passenger of the Freetown/London route. I support the fact that Bellview provide excellent inflight service. Notwithstanding that, there are concerns that need to be highlighted. During peak times, particularly during the Christmas period it is chaotic travelling with Bellview. Flights overbooked and passengers left stranded in airports with no form of assistance from Bellview staff. When passengers get upset or angry, staff members tend to look at them as nuisance.

Bellview Airlines - by Kola Ogundimu

26 February 2007

I add to the questions on the authenticity of Herman Jojo's comments about the cabin crew on Bellview flights. I have flown Bellview on numerous occasions over the years, domestic routes as well as international flights on the West African coast. Flight attendants have always been courteous and professional. It is virtually impossible for the crew to disembark before the passengers on any airline. Flight crews communicate well with the passengers - informing of route weather and flight conditions and explaining any delays - if any. Bellview is generally reliable and punctual - They never left me high and dry, which is more than I can say for some other airlines. I can recommend flying Bellview. However, plan on having a good meal after the flight - Bellview meals and snacks are generally miserable.

Bellview Airlines - by Nikolaus Finken

30 December 2006

I can only agree to the "quality" of food Dimitry is complaining about. Lagos -Accra-Abidjan I experienced the same gourmet service, some kind of deep fried sweet cake was the main dish - well to be honest there was nothing else available on board of this carrier. Orange juice was off after I had a glass of it from then on only water was served. Its very obvious that the plane had a recent paint job from the outside but the inside of the plane looked somehow frightening. Loose parts of the ceiling and very worn out seats that were not properly attached to the floor were some of the things i documented.

Bellview Airlines - by Dmitry Gorodenskiy

3 December 2006

Abidjan-Accra-Lagos on B3. Although they delayed departure for 40 minutes, they managed to arrive Lagos on time. Great punctuality, according to African standards. Next day I was flying Lagos-Kano also on Bellview, and again pleasant experience, if you don't mind messy check- in at Lagos. If only they would fly domestic routes from international terminals in Nigeria and offer a better meal (every time it was a miserable sweet cake).

Bellview Airlines - by Marvin Bell

15 May 2006

I question the authenticity of Mr Jojo's comments. Such behaviour by cabin crew if even physically possible would not go unpunished by any airline. I recently flew Bellview between Banjul and Freetown and had a pleasant experience. The crew were swift to serve a full flight within the 1 hour flying time and did their job graciously and politely. The meal was nice and everything was pleasant. I would not hesitate to sugest Bellview to anyone and will fly them again considering their new services from the UK.

Bellview Airlines - by E Uvo

26 February 2006

I wonder at the veracity of Herman's story. I have flown Bellview and the hostesses were polite and well comported. They treated their guests with courtesy. My friends and family who have used Bellview for both local and international flights cannot identify with Herman's story either. Finally, is it really possible for anybody on a flight to hang on to the galley and eat during takeoff and landing? How do you keep your plates from sliding on to the floor? Would any air hostess be so desperate that they would put themselves thru the physical discomfort of 'hanging on to galleys with one hand and eating leftover food with the other'?

Bellview Airlines - by Herman Jojo

6 February 2006

Port Harcourt to Lagos. The service was alright but the flight attendants were moaning a lot - and didn't sit down during the takeoff and landing. Instead they just hung onto the galleys with one hand and ate leftover food from the trolleys with the other. After landing they didn't even wait for us to deplane at Lagos before leaving the aircraft and heading for duty free. All in all, don't fly Bellview - they are awful.

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

Bellview Airlines Reviews and Bellview Airlines Passenger Opinions about Bellview Airlines standards