Air Baltic Passenger Reviews and Air Baltic Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Baltic customer travel guide

Air Baltic Passenger Trip Reviews

Air Baltic detailed 3-Star Ranking

AirBaltic customer review :  10 June 2011 by P Sell (Estonia)

Very unfriendly ground staff in Vilnius airport. Hand baggage rules are followed up to harassment. Constant delays and not very cheap if not booked early.

AirBaltic customer review :  9 June 2011 by Angela Shiromani (USA)

The only airline I've flown where the cost for my luggage (30 Euros per Kg of weight over the first 20 kg, for each leg of my flight) cost more than my ticket. I paid over $700 of luggage cost from Vilnius to Paris. This is exorbitant. I will never fly this airline again. If they had just suggested I pay more to upgrade to business class, which has a bigger baggage allowance, I could have overall paid far less and travelled more comfortably.

AirBaltic customer review :  8 June 2011 by Kristjan Lennu (Estonia)

I have flown with them several times. Far the biggest problem is changing schedule, they have the right to cancel your flight up to 2 months before flight, after that they have to find a replacement flight. Well, 2 months ahead you don't really find any flights which are less than 2 times expensive than the original booking. Beware of baggage restrictions, they check this without any tolerance. Food onboard is below every expectations and should be avoided. The plus part is well maintained and clean planes, fast connection, good space on Q400 and 757, the rest are ok. Forget about changing any tickets, additional services and insurance, the cheapest way always with them is cancellation. If you plan your trip well ahead it's worth it. If you go for comfort and stability, its not your choice.

AirBaltic customer review :  26 May 2011 by Fernando Trebien (Brazil)

Horrible, horrible service. They don't care at all for their customers. My flight from Stockholm to Riga was delayed and a subsequent connection to Hamburg was not possible, so they got me a place to stay (as expected). Then I changed my next flight to Düsseldorf (because all flights to Hamburg were being cancelled due to volcanic ash) and then my luggage did not arrive. I found out where it was (still in Riga) by contacting their third-party luggage operator before they did it themselves. Stay away from these low prices, they are trouble.

AirBaltic customer review :  22 May 2011 by P Eissens (Netherlands)

Very poor value for money. Me and my wife took a flight from Amsterdam to Tel Aviv with a stop at Riga. Air Baltic charged us EUR 30 per piece of baggage for Amsterdam-Riga and EUR 30 per piece of baggage from Riga to Tel Aviv. In total it added another EUR 120 to our costs for our flight to Tel Aviv. Another EUR 120 was charged when we got back the same way. I would stay clear from Air Baltic.

AirBaltic customer review :  27 April 2011 by F Wedding (Australia)

I booked a flight from Moscow to Warsaw via Riga on April 25th. The night before I tried to check in and having put in my flight locator number I was informed it was not possible to checkin online from that location, and a list of cities were listed where it was possible to check-in from, and yes, Moscow wasn't on the list. The next day I arrived at the Domodedovo airport at 12 noon for my 1450 flight and discovered that my flight wasn't even listed. I found the Air Baltic counter and produced my e-ticket and I was informed, via a computer printout that my flight was now leaving at 2245 via the Sheremetyevo Airport and that flight would arrive in Riga at 2330. This was the first I'd heard of any change so you can imagine my horror. The lady at the counter was no help as she couldn't speak English. There was no way I could catch my connecting flight to Warsaw that day and apparently Air Baltic was quite happy with the thought of having me sleep at the airport that night. Totally unimpressed with the customer service. They had my email details and didn't use them. It cost me 600 on another flight to get to Warsaw. Never, ever will Air Baltic receive my business again.

AirBaltic customer review :  8 April 2011 by E Bobrowski (Ireland)

Exactly the same thing happened to us. We booked a flight Dublin - Riga - Moscow for EUR 120 and Air Baltic cancelled. They asked us to request a refund via the website and this was down so I called on 25th March to request a refund. I called on 4th April to chase my refund and was told to 'be patient' then called again yesterday (6th April) and was told the refund had only been processed on that day! Not impressed with this at all.

AirBaltic customer review :  1 April 2011 by A Coogans (UK)

KBP-RIX. Check in agent at Kiev very polite. Air Baltic seem to be concerned about the hand luggage limits as every passenger's one piece of luggage was affixed with a "Cabin Baggage" tag. Boarded the Boeing 737-500 via bus, not a very pleasant way to board a flight but out with Air Baltic's control. Very limited space on board for hand baggage, the cab=in crew member's suggestion of putting it under our seat was a bit naive since both my friend and I were too tall to fit our feet under the seats with any bags there. Eventually managed to stow our small bags under the middle seat in front as it remained unoccupied. The crew were actually friendly but strict enough with certain passengers who broke the rules (standing up whilst taxiing, etc) that they reassured you of your safety. Arrived in Riga on schedule, most passengers were connecting elsewhere but for the rest of us the luggage arrived very quickly. I'd definitely fly Air Baltic again as they are very good value for money if you book early enough.

AirBaltic customer review :  9 March 2011 by J Clark (USA)

Poor customer service and support! We purchased two direct round-trip, non-refundable flights from Ireland to Riga in mid-February for travel in late May for roughly $600, then made our non-refundable hotel reservations in Riga and Ireland. Air Baltic cancelled our flights in mid-March with a form letter telling us to "have a nice flight". They offered to put us on flights 2 days later on departure, and 1 day early on return. I informed the AirBaltic that we had non-negotiable hotel reservations, and asked AirBaltic to work with us, with their air travel partners, to get us on other alternate flights to Riga on our established travel dates for roughly the same cost. I provided the specific flight, connection info. No substantive response was from them. I then requested a full refund on the website. The website was non- functional. I sent them an email to requested a refund and rebooked through another airline at a cost of more than $500 above our original AirBaltic fare. AirBaltic still provides the short Baltic Sea overflight. The beneficiary of this fare scam appears to be AirBaltic, operating with minimal competition in the Riga air travel market . They are charging us more for a short hop flight than our original Dublin-Riga round-trip. Avoid them if you can.

AirBaltic customer review :  5 March 2011 by J Gedzus (Latvia)

Pleasant experience on numerous return flights from Riga to different airport across Europe - use it on a monthly basis for flights between Riga and London alone. It's not really a low- cost airline, so it wouldn't be fair to compare it to Ryanair or easyJet, which it stands superior to.

AirBaltic customer review :  3 March 2011 by Andreas Johansen (Norway)

Very expensive to check in baggage, unfriendly staff etc. Air Baltic is not a low cost airline! Tickets are very expensive, and very often when you are booking tickets on their web site, an error occurs and when you start over again the price is almost double!

AirBaltic customer review :  14 January 2011 by J Paul (USA)

TLL-RIX-KPB economy. High overall price despite being advertised as low cost carrier. €190 for one way. Staff young and fresh but quite comfortable and fast, few smiles could be added though. Legroom is good enough for a short flight. Delay in RIX for 30 min. Overall I would fly with them again. Food looks goods but prices seem to be outrage us.

AirBaltic customer review :  11 January 2011 by Alexander Mokretsov (Russia)

SVO-RIX-SVO. I liked both flights. The crew was friendly and efficient. All flights on time. The food which was on sale on-board was very good! Legroom was a bit insufficient for me, but I guess it's an OK situation for a low-cost airline.

AirBaltic customer review :  22 December 2010 by R Wezeman (Netherlands)

RIX-AMS. Completely inadequate experience and will never use this airline again. In Amsterdam there was a massive queue - I arrived 2 hours in advance but despite that I noticed everything was moving so slowly at the airport, simply because not enough desks were open. Being concerned about missing my flight I walked up to the desk indicating I was worried to miss my flight and was told not to worry. When it was finally my turn to check in I was told I was too late for check in and they cancelled my ticket. When confronting them with the situation that I was assured not to worry they started laughing and was also told that they would not reimburse the money - ended up flying Lufthansa instead.

AirBaltic customer review :  18 December 2010 by Terry Stokes (Australia)

TLV-RIX and RIX-AMS. Flight crew professional and efficient. We didn't try anything off the menu but it looked okay, if maybe a little meager in portion size. Be careful if you're flying through/from RIX as they check all your hand luggage for size and weight.

AirBaltic customer review :  28 September 2010 by M Kendrick (UK)

London Gatwick to Palanga via Riga. I did know about baggage costs, and paid for this online, and had no problems at check in. The service on board was not something I required, but staff were courteous and attentive. The planes were clean and fairly new and comfortable. All flights were on time except my return from Palanga to Riga, which was delayed by fog in Riga. Overall my experience of Air Baltic was quite reasonable. Pre booking meals can be cheaper than buying once aboard, and it is always possible to take your own food and drink on board to keep down the costs if this is an issue.

AirBaltic customer review :  12 September 2010 by N Barons (UK)

Riga to London Gatwick. The flight was busy but on time. Cabin crew in general friendly but could do with a bit of less attitude. The aircraft was new and clean. Have to pay for food and hold luggage separate. The in-flight menu was excellent and food was very reasonably priced and tasty, though drinks were little pricey. Tickets can be expensive if not purchased well in advance.

AirBaltic customer review :  19 August 2010 by R Müller (USA)

RIX-CPH on airBaltic. Check in and security was a breeze. No proper restaurant airside. Boarding efficient. The new Dash-8 was spotless. Everything went fine. Coffee is overpriced at €2,25 and it is instant coffee! Service otherwise ok (actually there is no service).

AirBaltic customer review :  17 July 2010 by Robin Chalmers (UK)

Dushanbe-Riga-London Gatwick. This is a long flight (5 hours to Riga) with a chaotic check in at Dushanbe where most passengers seemed to have to go out of the check in area to change money to pay for hold baggage which they thought had been included in their ticket (including me). Luckily had the middle seat free between myself and fellow passenger so lack of seat space was not as acute as it could have been. Did not buy any food on the flight from Dushanbe to Riga/London. Riga-London was OK. Although arrivals at Gatwick was packed, was able to use IRIS automated immigration barrier to avoid the wait. There is very limited choice if travelling to/from Dushanbe - basically it's either Air Baltic or Turkish Airlines. If the travel dates coincide with Turkish Airlines, I would go with them rather than Air Baltic.

AirBaltic customer review :  2 July 2010 by Vili Brukas (Sweden)

While booking electronic ticket on Internet for my father, I made a mistake writing my first name instead of his. I discovered it immediately after the booking and called the sales office in Lithuania asking to change the name. They said this would costs around euro 80. This is more than the price I paid for one way ticket Vilnius-Copenhagen. No account given to the fact, that I acted promptly. When I asked whether I could turn to somebody elsE at the company, I was told e-mail of the customer service office. I sent them a polite e-message and probably a dozen of reminders, but never received an answer. The customer service appears to be as bad as at the worst low-fare companies. My advice, If having possibility, use other companies.

AirBaltic customer review :  1 July 2010 by I Pollard (Greece)

The check in at Riga is unacceptably slow, chaotic and overcrowded. If you check in at a machine you have to join a long queue to hand in your baggage. Their attitude is unhelpful and unfriendly. Meals and drinks in flight are not free, glass of water is extortionate - about five times the cost of a small bottle - and that is just for a glass.

AirBaltic customer review :  18 June 2010 by K Papp (USA)

This is my second bad experience with Air Baltic. The first time I had a direct flight from Berlin to Vilnius and the plane was overbooked, so they sent me via Warsaw, so instead of 1.5 hour travel time I ended up traveling for 5 hours. Second time I had a direct ticket from Oslo to Vilnius. My flight was canceled and I was offered either a refund or a different non-direct flight in the evening instead of morning. I chose a refund and still waiting for it. The representative told me that it will take at least 6 weeks to get a refund!

AirBaltic customer review :  10 May 2010 by J Gorick (UK)

Gatwick to Vilnius and back. The flights were punctual and service was very polite and friendly. The new seating is very comfortable.

AirBaltic customer review :  9 May 2010 by M Richards (UK)

My wife and I travelled to VNO from LGW . The price was very reasonable. B737-500 seats were comfortable, captain extremely informative and cabin crew were helpful yet not obtrusive. On the outward leg we were delayed and diverted by fog over Vilnius. We were diverted to Kaunas yet only waited 15-20 mins after collecting our luggage for a bus to arrive and transfer us to Vilnius.

AirBaltic customer review :  12 April 2010 by G Misioch (Cyprus)

DUB-RIX-TBS and IST-RIX-TXL. Prices to Eastern Europe are usually unbeatable, but staff could be more polite. Check-in staff in Riga was outright rude, okay in Dublin and Istanbul. Check- in opened very late in Istanbul (1.5 hours prior to departure) which meant a long wait in the rather uncomfortable check-in hall at IST. Overly strict on the check-in weight limit. Cabin cleanliness was okay, flight otherwise uneventful.

1 2 3