Air Baltic Passenger Reviews and Air Baltic Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Baltic customer travel guide

Air Baltic Passenger Trip Reviews

Air Baltic detailed 3-Star Ranking

AirBaltic customer review :  18 May 2012 by Filip Maciagowski (Poland)

WAW-RIX-TBS, flights from Warsaw to Riga - very old small Fokkers. Riga to Tbilisi quite nice Boeing with comfortable seats. Only food available onboard is to purchase and luggage has to be paid for. The worst thing was the cancellation of two of my flights. Unkind cabin crew and unpleasant staff at the airport in Riga.

AirBaltic customer review :  4 May 2012 by Jernej Bradac (Slovenia)

Flight Vienna - Riga - Vilnius and Riga - Vienna. Punctual departures, friendly staff, both types of aircraft's (Boeing 737-500 and Fokker 50) very satisfactory, no complaints at all.

AirBaltic customer review :  25 April 2012 by I Barry (UK)

Aircraft was clean and inflight team efficient and friendly. I recognise this airline offers stripped down fares and charges for luggage and seats etc, normally provided free by other carriers. In view of this, it is essential to get the management of providing these extras under control and that is not what I found. Having reserved a seat online and booking priority check-in, at the airport my booking was not on the system and the seat not available. On the return, no priority check-in available, so I queued. The worst thing was that my complaint was badly handled, and I was pointed to the small print in the Conditions of Carriage saying seat reservations don't definitely reserve you a seat and Priority Check-in is not refundable. Travelling is difficult enough without this type of response from carriers. Such a pity.

AirBaltic customer review :  25 April 2012 by David Weekly (USA)

Vilnius-Riga-Istanbul. Business class was US$20 extra for the whole trip. Check-in in Vilnius was unimpressive: business class line actually took longer than Economy. Boarding was not done by class and I was asked to re-weigh my carry-on. Once onboard, things started to look up. Cheerfully greeted and offered a beverage, given a very tasty hot breakfast, coffee, and something to read. Riga airport is a lovely modern construction and the spacious business lounge had everything you could ask for except a shower. Riga- Istanbul leg, I was only passenger in business cabin. Service was excellent as the attendant waited on me hand and foot. Food was excellent. Provided something to read and an iPad2 on which to play games.

AirBaltic customer review :  3 February 2012 by A Vitolins (Australia)

Amsterdam-Riga-Amsterdam. This was the last leg of intercontinental flight. All went smoothly however got a feeling of very impersonal service from AB. I also faced some level of check-in staff incompetence in Riga airport – my checked in luggage on the way back to Sydney was forwarded to Malaysia only – not to my final destination. According to them that was the only option they can do despite my KLM multi-leg ticket. I had to cross Malaysian border control just to collect my bag, check it in again and come back into departure area for the flight to SYD. Fortunately this was the only odd thing I experienced.

AirBaltic customer review :  1 February 2012 by F Hintzmann (Germany)

TXL-RIX-VNO return. All flights punctual. Flight attendants were friendly, pilots kept us updated. However, any full-fare airline that charges for drinks and baggage can only receive a mediocre rating. It should be a gesture of courtesy to offer paying customers at least a glass of water or a hot drink in winter.

AirBaltic customer review :  12 January 2012 by M Bertram (Australia)

IST-RIX. RIX-LED. While boarding was a bit chaotic, both flights on time and our bags were among the first off the plane. Each was only a relatively short flight so the lack of inflight entertainment / food didn't really bother me. The flight attendants seemed friendly enough. The interiors of the planes looked quite new and the seats were quite comfortable.

AirBaltic customer review :  11 January 2012 by J Moffat (Latvia)

RIX-CPH-RIX. Flying to Budapest, changing in Copenhagen (rest of journey with Malev). We always use their OptionTown service to upgrade cheaply to Business Class. It is good value - free baggage, great lounge in Riga, great food and service. Business class food is excellent and the service as good as any airline we have flown. Both flights arrived early.

AirBaltic customer review :  5 January 2012 by C Abele (Latvia)

RIX-CDG. There is no free inflight entertainment system for economy class, not even overhead screens on Boeing 737 Classic. Only system which is provided is a iPad+headphones for a fee. There is no free inflight catering too. Hot meals from buy-on-board magazine were not provided for the last 12 rows 12 because they didn't have more then 2 portions of each meal type. There is no free beverages. Not even a glass of water. There is no free pillow and blanket, only for lease for whole flight. Quality isn't worth for price of the tickets.

AirBaltic customer review :  14 December 2011 by J Snow (Canada)

London Gatwick to Riga to Moscow Sheremetyevo. Inflight service very good, as was food (pre-ordered). Courteous flight attendants. Enjoyable flight, with excellent assistance in making a tight connection in Riga. However, desk staff at LGW very surly. In the air - great, on the ground - needs lessons in customer satisfaction.

AirBaltic customer review :  31 October 2011 by P Marx (UK)

I went to Tel Aviv via Riga, no complaints and would use them again. All flights very comfortable, left on time and service efficient. Transferring at Riga airport both ways was easy and quick, although perhaps could have been more clearly marked as to what to do, when transferring. All in all, I was pleasantly surprised.

AirBaltic customer review :  31 October 2011 by A Drobota (Romania)

RIX-SVG. There were a lot of flight crew members ready to help you but not too friendly. They should learn how to smile. I had a smooth flight, given that the weather was stormy. They didn't give us a meal or drink, but it was a short flight.

AirBaltic customer review :  26 September 2011 by Colin Pay (UK)

LGW-RIX return. Both flights on time. Aircraft full both ways, leg room fine for short flights. Check-in online in UK, machines at Riga not working for London flight but check-in was quick. We used the Air Baltic taxi into the city and Air Baltic bus back - both good and can be booked on airline website.

AirBaltic customer review :  14 September 2011 by D Muller (Austria)

VIE-RIX, RIX-HEL Not good value for money, you have to pay 20 eur for hold baggage and you only discover this at the end of the online booking process. Zero tolerance regarding weight limits for both hold and hand luggage. Web- check-in did not work. If I pay almost 200 eur one way I expect to get at least a glass of water and or a coffee for free or at least for a reasonable price. Slow check-in at Riga, even if you do it on your own at the machine, you have to join the same long line in front of the counters to drop your baggage - total nonsense. Not very friendly staff in Riga, cabin crew okay. Planes quite clean.

AirBaltic customer review :  14 September 2011 by G Solks (Latvia)

RIX-TXL-RIX. Both flights were on new and comfortable aircraft. Clean cabin, comfortable seating, enough leg room and nice cabin crew. Flight from Riga was on time and flight from Berlin landed before schedule. Would be nice to use self check-in in TXL for Air Baltic flights, however, such option is not available there, only online check- in.

AirBaltic customer review :  11 September 2011 by J Janssen (Netherlands)

AMS-RIX-TAS-FRU and TAS-RIX-AMS. Quite comfortable for the relatively low prices, especially medium distance flights (like AMS-TAS) are good value for money. The only disadvantage in my experience is the long stopover in Riga, twice I had to wait the whole day in Riga for a connection flight.

AirBaltic customer review :  29 July 2011 by E Connor (Ireland)

Amsterdam-Riga-Tblisi. Having read some of the negative reviews I was somewhat concerned, but with the exception of a hard-to-find Baggage Drop in AMS my experience overall was positive. Each flight more or less on time, staff friendly and efficient. My pre-booked meals were delivered as ordered for each flight, not very tasty but ok.

AirBaltic customer review :  29 July 2011 by Tong Wei (China)

Stockholm-Riga-Tallinn. Comfortable flights both legs. Regional turboprop with adequate seat pitch but narrow in width. Fortunately no person was assigned next to me (I was alone for the entire 3 rows in both legs). Pre-flight drink offered and a quite tasty substantial meal followed even for the 45 min - 1 hr flights, with oven-hot bread rolls and selection of wine and soft drinks served twice. Both flights were on time.

AirBaltic customer review :  22 July 2011 by C Jarrin (France)

Very unfriendly ground staff at Vilnius airport. I booked my ticket and paid at Tallinn office, no mention of hand baggage rules either from the employee or printed on my ticket. I checked in and was told me I could take my hand baggage as carry on. No problem at the gate, no problem at transfer gate in Riga to Vilnius. But at Vilnius airport with same hand baggage on my way back to Helsinki via Riga, I was harassed by a young lady until I paid 60 Euros to check in my hand baggage because it was 12 kg instead of 8.9 kg. For a 276 Euros ticket Tallinn- Vilnius-Helsinki, it's really unpleasant, the flight was not full, the overhead lockers were empty above my seat. As I did not speak Lithuanian, I had less chance than other passengers that were allowed to bring their 13 kg baggage as carry on.

AirBaltic customer review :  21 July 2011 by P Mala (USA)

They delayed our flight a couple of hours, then re routed our direct Frankfurt-Moscow flight to Kiev without any warning! Made us stay on the plane in Kiev for about 3 hours while they were putting unknown cargo on the plane - it's incomprehensible how they get away with it. Our flight finally arrived to Moscow about 8 hours late. I will never fly this airline!

AirBaltic customer review :  25 June 2011 by G Solks (Latvia)

RIX-ATH-RIX. Both flights on time, good service and responsive cabin crew. Fast check-in in RIX, check-in in ATH could be more faster. Good value for money if booked in advance.

AirBaltic customer review :  15 June 2011 by Tapani Utunen (Finland)

HEL-RIX-ATH on B737-300. Both flights packed, but on time and service was good by young & motivated crew. The pre-booked chicken meal was good. Not much legroom but expected. The return flight cancelled due to technical fault, but their agent arranged hotels and meals quickly. We managed to avoid this and got return flights with another carrier the same night.

AirBaltic customer review :  14 June 2011 by Seppo Halminen (Finland)

Second time this happened to me. When booking flight in Air Baltic page, entering to payment page site threw me out unexpectedly with error message. Starting over again the price increased by 10%! After earlier incident I called them and there was a non-hesitant answer that prices are updated continuously. This makes me to believe that once I have decided to make purchase from them I will not turn away because of small increase. Neat way to increase clean profit.

1 2 3