Air Baltic Passenger Reviews and Air Baltic Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Baltic customer travel guide

Air Baltic Passenger Trip Reviews

Air Baltic detailed 3-Star Ranking

AirBaltic Customer review :  9 October 2014 by C Welch    (UK)

No problem with online check-in - had booked tickets using Air Baltic website at a good price, paid for hold luggage when booking so all very easy until reaching Tallinn airport. Flight was to Stockholm with a transfer at Riga and first leg was delayed for an hour. Staff had no idea why but our Air Baltic connection could have waited as there were about 20 of us on the same route. The reason for the delay according to the aircrew was a technical fault and a wait for the replacement aircraft, the transfer desk said it was bad weather, either way we had a wait of over 3 hours at Riga with a voucher for a biscuit and undrinkable coffee. Got into Stockholm 4 hours later than planned. The lesson to be learnt here is never take such a short flight with a transfer and avoid the last flight of the day from the carrier to your chosen destination as small delays during the day build up to a big one in the end, otherwise everything was fine.

AirBaltic Customer review :  19 September 2014 by C Arnesen    (Canada)

Surprisingly pleasant experience despite prior scepticism. Properly educating yourself of Air Baltic's policies in advance is likely key here. AMS-RIX-ARN in Y solely for a 22-hour layover to see a bit of Riga. Paid baggage fees in advance, checked in online. Staff in AMS and RIX pleasant and quick. No hassle picking up checked bags at RIX and re-checking next morning. Though we were very careful, it turned out that hand luggage was never weighed in either AMS or RIX. Many frequent passengers with heavier bags did not seem concerned, so I somewhat suspect this policy may be (very sensibly) a bit more relaxed now than it was; will go a long way for goodwill. Crews on both flights were attentive and surprisingly smiley for Eastern Europe (not a judgement, just unexpected). Flights on time. B733 old but clean, Q400 newer and also clean. Legroom standard for short European flights. Overall, a pleasant experience. Would be cautiously optimistic to fly with BT again to RIX or if fares were significantly less than SK or KL on this route. Would recommend, with caveat that one should carefully learn policies before booking.

AirBaltic Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Mark Evans    (UK)

Short 50-minute hops on Dash 8 Q400s, TLL-RIX and RIX-VNO. I had booked my tickets via an online booking agency, so was dismayed to be informed on checking in at TLL that I would be charged a supplementary fee. Fearing that this would be a swoon-inducing, off-the-scale penalty as imposed by certain budget airlines, I was relieved that the charge was only EUR 10. Furthermore, I was advised I could upgrade to an extra comfort seat with no-one next to me, this for another EUR 20. Done deal, off I went happy - only to discover that the flight was only one-third full, and we all had ample space. Two days later at RIX, I presented myself at the ticket sales desk to request payment of the check-in supplement, only to be directed to a self-check-in machine, at zero extra cost. This flight was also one-third full. At least I can say that Air Baltic was very charming when they relieved me of my EUR 30 at TLL.

AirBaltic Customer review :  1 August 2014 by A Agapi    (Finland)

I chose this company as it had good fares for our trip, however, by the end of the trip, if I sum up all the expenses it required along the way, I could have bought tickets for a better airline that provides all the needed services. We had to pay 10 eur per person to do check-in at the counter. Who has heard of that? We received an email a few days before with the online check-in and it didn't state anywhere that if we don't do it online, we would have to pay at the airport. Not surprisingly, at the airport everyone who was on the same flight with us had the very same problem. The company is not transparent with its customers and it uses these hidden fees so they can cover up their margins. We had to pay extra for every 20 kg piece of luggage, seats, transaction fees and there were no meals during the flights. So adding up all these costs to the initial price of the ticket, I could have easily flown with an all inclusive airline. Coming to customer service, it seems that Air Baltic has no idea what that means. One crew member was extremely rude during the boarding process. She replied to my questions in a very rude way. It is sad to see that for some companies the idea of customer service is still a new concept.

AirBaltic Customer review :  26 July 2014 by R Featherstone    (UK)

We were travelling to Riga from LGW. Firstly Air Baltic moved the flight time from mid morning to late afternoon. Then as we reached the runway the pilot announced we did not have permission to take off as we were "too heavy". This entailed a return to the gate. Mail and other cargo was removed as clearly this was a major very serious error on the part of Air Baltic. We were not allowed to leave the plane and in the overall three hours before finally taking off all we were given was 3 ounces of water. Landing was not until five hours had elapsed in the plane and by then there was some distr0ess with children and some pregnant ladies as there is only one toilet between 140 economy passengers. Cabin crew spent their time standing in front of the Business class toilet preventing any Economy passenger from using it. With no complementary drinks or vouchers and final landing well past midnight the customer care of this airline is nil and should be avoided if possible.

AirBaltic Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Scherrer    (Switzerland)

BT642 on June 20th. BT641 on June 28th. ZRH-RIX-ZRH. Although AirBaltic has a nice homepage, its complicated to operate and "forgets" settings that you have made (e.g. I selected check-in bags for both the outbound and inbound flights, I had to enter this several times and in the end this was only picked up for the outbound flight, so I had to pay extra for the inbound flight at the airport). Check-in at the airport costs extra, but online check-in and mobile boarding passes do work. No food & beverages, not even water. The planes are really old.

AirBaltic Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Y Udi    (Andorra)

RIX-BCN flight. Business is not business. Meal was inedible. The stewardesses are friendly, the company is an expensive cheap service company. The offers lack integrity and the overall client attitude is negative.

AirBaltic Customer review :  22 April 2014 by H Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

We had a good flight from RIX to DUS. The online-check-in was fast and easy, and the staff on board were very friendly. We ordered drinks in advance and got them at the very beginning of the service. The Dash 8 had modern interior and good comfort, but no inflight entertainment (which is normal for that type of plane). I can only recommend this airline to anybody travelling to and through Riga.

AirBaltic Customer review :  20 April 2014 by H Oberbeckmann    (Germany)

DUS-RIX. Mobile Check-In was easy and fast, no app needed. Plane was a Bombardier Dash 8 Q400. The plane was nice, quite new, a little noisy inside but the seat pitch was better than on most other airlines I have traveled with. We pre-ordered drinks online which we received very fast and had a cheese plate with olives which was tasty, too, but food and drinks are costly. Staff on board were really friendly and spoke good English. Flight was on time. But: no inflight entertainment, but no magazines or newspapers offered, only the airlines onboard magazine. All in all I can recommend this airlines.

AirBaltic Customer review :  10 April 2014 by M Karo    (Canada)

Prague - Riga - Moscow. Flight Prague-Riga: The personnel in Prague were very nice. The crew members - not even a smile or 'Hello'. Seats - very narrow and uncomfortable. No meal or drinks on board. Not even water. But you can buy it or order when purchasing your ticket. Riga airport. First international airport with no drinking water fountains! No announcements! No signs to find your terminal or even to understand where you are! Flight Riga- Moscow: Poor service, I did not like the attitude. I do not recommend this airline.

AirBaltic Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Julie Choueiri    (Canada)

I paid about 75 euros to check one 23kg bag. That is a lot of money for such a simple thing. Every other airline uses 23kg limits. Now I think I understand why they are so limited. Air Baltic's planes are so old and out of date. That plane was something I would have rode on 20 years ago.

AirBaltic Customer review :  28 January 2014 by K Tarasova    (Italy)

FCO-RIX-FCO. My outbound flight was rescheduled 2 weeks prior the flight, and I had only two options either to accept the change or cancel the whole trip. Overall, expensive tickets, old Boeing planes, hidden charges, and poor customer service and support. I would not recommend this airline.

AirBaltic Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Rob Bayer    (Germany)

I had a terrible flight with Air Baltic, especially because of the behaviour of their staff. In PLQ they like to shout at passengers "You have to pay", the only thing which produces a smile with their staff. 5 Minutes later it was checked, that I did not have to pay. In RIX no boarding announcement at all, boarding started too early which made passengers wait on an unheated plane for more than half an hour until the last passengers arrived. Outside temp: 4 degrees. Onboard staff were not taking care of passengers in any way, they don't have blankets but were happy to sell their tea for incredibly high price.

AirBaltic Customer review :  13 September 2013 by B Luck    (Norway)

RIX-SVO - extremely slow check in at Riga airport. Crew not friendly, and I was denied a claim form on board. The customer service is just odd. It is a very expensive low cost service. The food on board is really expensive.

AirBaltic Customer review :  3 September 2013 by O Chernyak    (USA)

Flew from London to Riga. For the first time ever had to pay $9 for just flight registration, and $35 for luggage. Was a total shock to me and all other passengers registering at the same time since it was not mentioned during ticket purchase. Water onboard was $2.50. Would recommend to avoid this airline by all means.

AirBaltic Customer review :  29 August 2013 by N Shyshkin    (Canada)

PRG-RIX-KBP. Probably one of our worst experiences. When we got to the Prague airport, we were told that we had to pay 150 euros for 3 checked bags (none were overweight) and our boarding passes, which apparently we were supposed to print out before if we didn't want to be charged (which we didn't know about). We took the bus to the Bombardier Q400, and we boarded without many problems and sat into the small seats. We were absolutely baffled when we found out that we had to PAY for everything on-board, not even a glass of water or juice was free. We then landed and spent the next 4 hours in Riga, where we exchanged 20 US dollars for Lats, so that we could buy something to drink and eat. We were able to only buy 6 small water bottles and 4 snacks for those 20 dollars. The second flight to Kiev had the same circumstances and again would have to pay for a small drink. This time we were on an old Boeing 737-300 which had larger seats. Flight attendants are non existent throughout all flights. Never flying Air Baltic again.

AirBaltic Customer review :  15 August 2013 by S Davis    (UK)

I have flown with Air Baltic for many years and generally there are no issues with time keeping and technical faults. On board staff are generally helpful. Customer Service could be better especially at check in in Riga - often long queues that merge into one - airport check in area is rather small and often the queue is out of the door so it pays to arrive earlier. Airport airside is pretty good now with the addition of new shops. I generally travel the London/Riga/London route which is nearly always full. Tend to be expensive at times - out of season usually the better deal. At least assigned seats - unlike the free for all on Ryanair in which case if you are not Latvian or Russian you will not win because they are queuing for plane 30 mins before boarding starts - look out for the passengers who stand up immediately the wheels touch the runway preparing to get off - it always amuses me.

AirBaltic Customer review :  12 August 2013 by Fang Jun    (China)

From Riga to Villnius. The Dh8 is very good aircraft for regional flight. On time take off and landing. Everything o/b you must pay for. I ordered one hot chocolate. Very nice taste. Ground staff at Riga airport were so helpful. Crew were friendly to all passengers.

AirBaltic Customer review :  6 August 2013 by Donna Morgan    (Sweden)

We were to fly Larnaca-Riga-Copenhagen at 04.30am on July 28th. Arrived at the airport at 02.00, found that the plane from Riga had never arrived, and ground crew had not received any information about this and knew nothing. All passengers had to be re-routed and re-booked via other destinations. Even though we had the right to vouchers for meals, drinks and phone calls, ground staff could not get in contact with Air Baltic in Riga and only gave us a voucher for 3.50 in their cafeteria. Not even enough to buy a cup of coffee! Re-routed via Zurich and even though they said we were booked on a flight to CPH this was not the case, we had to wait until a seat became available on a flight. Had to collect luggage, go through customs and then wait to check in again. Ticket looks very cheap, but there are a multitude of hidden costs once the ticket is booked. They do not even give you water on the plane without a charge. We will never fly Air Baltic again!

AirBaltic Customer review :  30 July 2013 by C Watson    (Switzerland)

ZRH-RIX return, older Boeing 737-300 in both directions with recently refurbished Recaro seats that were OK but a little cramped. Air Baltic is fine as a low-cost airline - I managed to buy my tickets in a sale - and I appreciated being able to pre-order a proper airline meal with a starter, main, soft drink and dessert rather than only being able to buy snacks. The lunch was good on the way out and felt like good value for money compared to Zurich Airport, but the breakfast on the return was not so good (powdered instant coffee) and was expensive and of a lower quality compared to Riga Airport. Ordering in advance gives you a much larger selection but isn't really cheaper as far as I could see. On-time on the way out, 25 mins late on the way in due to bad weather in ZRH but I didn't feel this was really explained. Nice staff. However, the ticket prices are often decidedly not low-cost and then what you get for the price is rather scandalous given that you have to pay for all the extras.

AirBaltic Customer review :  29 July 2013 by A Simmonds    (UK)

Inefficient, unhelpful and rude staff at check-in in Tashkent. Charged an additional 40 Euros for luggage despite being an economy not a basic ticket which, according to the official website, should allow 20kgs free of charge. A scribbled receipt was issued after persistent requests. First flight from Tashkent to Riga took off and arrived on time. Second flight from Riga to Istanbul was late to depart by 30 minutes. Riga airport was chaotic, no information was given regarding the lateness of the plane. The planes were adequate, the on board flight attendants polite. Poor value and I would not use this airline again.

AirBaltic Customer review :  23 July 2013 by Ossi Vuorenmaa    (Finland)

Travelled HEL-RIX-KBP and back 19-22 July. The online booking and check-in (opens 72 hours before flight) straightforward, website easy to navigate. All flights, (except the last leg which was 25 min late on arrival) on time. The planes were oldish 737's (except RIX-KBP which was DH4 turboprop) but seemed in good shape and were clean. Seat pitch probably a shade less than major European airlines. The staff was very friendly and onboard service was impeccable. Nothing is free, though. Riga airport is quite messy at 11pm when all flights arrive and depart.

AirBaltic Customer review :  17 July 2013 by B David    (Hungary)

VIE-RIX-TAS-RIX-VIE. VIE-RIX flown on small Dash 8 aircraft. We pre-booked a hot meal which was good. Also pre- booked seats which proved to be useless. Arrival to RIX was smooth. Had 5 hours between the flights so we went to Riga for a short sightseeing by public transportation. Boarding in RIX was a mess - flight delayed, almost no information, small waiting room, crowded bus to the aircraft. Although we booked emergency exit row seats for quite a high fee, our seats were in front of the emergency exit row - the most uncomfortable seats on the aircraft, which was an older, run-down B737. Very bad flight experience on this leg with some of the lavatories not working, TAS airport is like going back in time, it took two hours to get the visa and pass immigration and customs. Return flightt slightly better, smoother check-in, friendlier staff, aircraft in a better condition although also one of the lavatories not working. Altogether the services provided was of lower quality than most low-cost airlines.

AirBaltic Customer review :  15 July 2013 by R Madison    (USA)

GYD-RIX-SVO. Air Baltic is a 'cheap' US-style carrier. Air Baltic appeared to be the least expensive option. Arrived at GYD to discover that I had to pay 40 euro, in cash, for the privilege of checking a single bag. Had I known this beforehand I would have factored it into the price and chosen a different airline. On the plane, I was told that I would have to pay for water if I wanted a drink! If I wanted poor American-style service and 'hidden fees' I would have stayed in America for my vacation. Also the plane didn't have the customary map TV on the seat in front of me. For a European airline Air Baltic is absolutely dire. Will never fly again.

AirBaltic Customer review :  4 July 2013 by S Rasmussen    (Denmark)

CPH-RIX-VNO. The Plane was cancelled, no rebooking to other Airlines was offered. No meal vouchers or other compensation issued for the 4 hour waiting time. No explanations, just a person in CPH airport telling they had been ordered to not rebook passengers. Also, I was provided no contact information to Air Baltic customer service. In RIX it was no better - after haggling, I was issued a meal voucher which turned out to to get me a cup of coffee and a biscuit even though I was told "you can get whatever you want". I arrived in VNO 8 hours later than scheduled. By the way, you have to pay extra for luggage and for meals and drinks on-board. Never, ever again, am I going to fly Air Baltic.

AirBaltic Customer review :  2 July 2013 by S Ptctan    (Germany)

TLV-RIX-CDG. Normal LCC. Prices on board ok. Planes new and clean, staff friendly. Had some hours in Riga and visited the city. Was sleeping during the flights, so missing IFE was no problem.

AirBaltic Customer review :  26 June 2013 by B Hansen    (Norway)

We were on our way home from Riga. When we were checking in our luggage, we were told to go to the ticket office. They didn't know why, but we had to go there. We guessed that the plane was cancelled. We found the ticket office and they told us they had to use a smaller plane and they didn't have enough seats, so we had to travel via Munich. We got our tickets after a long while, but with wrong names on every one of them. They couldn't understand this, and used a very long time to sort it out. When they did, the plane for Munich had left, and the started to look for another way home for us. We were then directed via Berlin, 4 hours later and had to wait in Berlin for another 2.5 hour. Of course, no apologies or meals/drinks etc.

AirBaltic Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Alexei Kosov    (Russia)

Connecting flight from Moscow (DME) to Duesseldorf via Riga. Flight attendants and overall service was OK for a discount airline. Had to pay extra charges (approx EUR 25) for choosing seats in the aircraft, which was not worth the money paid. Planes (Dash 8 on both routes) were quite new, but very noisy. Passport control in Riga airport was a total disaster. Queue was moving extremely slow, staff very rude. Flight on the second leg has been delayed for 1.5 hours as the aircraft required some maintenance. Overall impression is not bad, but wouldn't recommend anyone to use connecting flights via Riga.

AirBaltic Customer review :  20 June 2013 by G Solks    (Latvia)

RIX-ZRH-RIX. Both flights without any delays, polite and responsive cabin crew, good check-in Riga airport, comparatively fast security control. The only negative experience was Zurich airport check-in staff, whose lack of knowledge and impoliteness made our trip back home less enjoyable. I would like to highlight security check staff in Zurich airport who were very understanding. I complained about the unfounded expenses I paid for airport check in ZRH, they returned money on time, so in general I am more or less satisfied.

AirBaltic Customer review :  13 June 2013 by L Loitsker    (Israel)

TLV-VNO (via RIX) and back, end of July 2012. Hidden charges, they add 5 euro when completing booking, without notice on the early stages of reservation. They supply water on board only for payment of 2.50 euro per 75 ml bottle. The rest of the service is good. They should add these expenses to the ticket price to not make passengers angry.

AirBaltic Customer review :  6 June 2013 by S Melvold    (Australia)

Riga to Vilnius 2 weeks ago. This was booked online with the Air Baltic site, easy to use. Staff at check in were pleasant and gave me an aisle seat as requested, no hassle with luggage and in fact my booking allowed 2 extra kilos (I didn't need it though) The flight was on time and smooth running. I would use Air Baltic again and also recommend it to others.

AirBaltic Customer review :  28 May 2013 by K Pullen    (UK)

LGW-RIX-LGW - first time with Air Baltic. Online checking seamless, boarding quick and easy, inflight service what you would expect with any budget carrier. Both flights arrived and departed on time. No issues at all with this airline and if I had to fly to Riga again, I'd happily fly Air Baltic.

AirBaltic Customer review :  28 May 2013 by U Robertinho    (Sweden)

Stockholm - Riga - Kiev and back. Old Boeing airplanes on all legs, fairly clean. Punctual, but all flying times are overestimated on timetable. Staff professional but unfriendly and sometimes even rude. Ridiculous price for luggage! You may end up paying more than 50 euros for one piece of checked luggage. No information about this whatsoever prior to check in - very bad indeed. On the flights you have to pay for everything extra, even a glass of water! Bearing in mind that Air Baltic tickets aren't especially cheap I cannot recommend this airline.

AirBaltic Customer review :  21 May 2013 by V Suominen    (Finland)

Arrives late from estimated time, extra payment for luggage check in. Never have I paid for coffee or water on flight when flying other companies. Would not recommend Air Baltic to anyone.

AirBaltic Customer review :  21 May 2013 by D Matzen    (Germany)

Expensive ticket Hamburg to Riga, so I did not expect a low-budget-flight. Had to pay to check 1 piece of luggage (for each leg). Food in the cabin had to be paid for too! Never again.

AirBaltic Customer review :  25 April 2013 by A Mezaraups    (Greece)

Flying from Vienna to Riga. Flight was 2 hrs long. The only inflight entertainment was a magazine, the seat pitch and width was small. The flight attendants were bad, the food and baggage was expensive as well.

AirBaltic Customer review :  25 January 2013 by A Hoistad    (Norway)

A good airline with good value for money. On the downside is their baggage rules, 1 bag on a round trip costs approx €60 - same as the airfare. Although they cooperate with SAS, and recognises Eurobonus privileges, this does not apply to baggage allowance. Ground staff and crew were fantastic.

AirBaltic Customer review :  17 January 2013 by Dmitriy Lisov    (UK)

Flight Riga-Amsterdam - delayed, which meant I wouldn't meet my connection so I needed to change the ticket. Called AB customer helpline several times and asked airport staff to contact AB - no one form AirBaltic showed up or helped. As a result, I was stranded in airport overnight - no vouchers, no blankets, no sign from AB. They simply ignore you. Never again.

AirBaltic Customer review :  29 November 2012 by Toomas Käbin    (Estonia)

Nov 23, TLL-RIX-DUS. Nov 26, MIL-RIX-STO. Convenient internet booking and check in, clean and modern aircraft (Dash/737), friendly and attentive staff, excellent in-flight magazine, reasonable food to buy in Economy class. Departure from Milan to Riga 45 minutes late, thanks to small size of CRiga airport and information from flight attendants no problems with very short transfer time to board RIX-STO plane.

AirBaltic customer review :  6 September 2012 by Z Rosen (Israel)

Round trip Tel Aviv to Riga. B737 both ways, both flights red eyes, which is great for connections in Riga, but terrible for the body. All leather seats, leg room tight. Crew very polite. All the rest is "buy onboard". Not even water. I paid 500 euro for this flight, so by no mean a low cost ticket, and not being served a thing onboard felt like LCC taken to extreme. Ground staff in Riga polite and helpful. Will fly again as they are the only ones going non-stop to Riga, but not looking forward for the experience.

AirBaltic customer review :  17 August 2012 by A Bakulin (Netherlands)

Had to pay for luggage, although was not informed by my agent about this extra cost (almost everyone in the check in queue had a similar unpleasant surprise feeling). Seats were old with a large pitch. Charging people for drinks on-board made the service slow and annoying. Tickets were pricey. Will never fly with them again.

AirBaltic customer review :  13 August 2012 by Rohan McCarthy (Australia)

HEL-RIX. I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. There are several optional extras to pay for including checked luggage, advance seat reservation, food, etc., but the service was excellent. Check-in was simple with no wait at all, boarding prompt and efficient, and in-flight food service quick and efficient too. My seat had decent leg room. The cabin crew were warm and polite, and disembarkation and luggage collection fast.

AirBaltic customer review :  8 August 2012 by D Yakov (UK)

Normally I fly once a year to Vilnius to visit family and find Air Baltic a cheap and reliable option. However this year flew from Tblisi-RIX and RIX to Amsterdam. Flights left promptly, clean aircraft, the inflight food was good but on the other hand at the price paid it would be expected. Upon arrival due to an error in Tblisi I did not have the documents however Air Baltic staff kindly got the bus to wait while I printed, thus removing the stress of having to wait another half hour. Riga-Amsterdam flight also good and in fact landed early. Staff were polite and helpful throughout and were quick to sort the connections out from Riga.

AirBaltic customer review :  26 July 2012 by D Maher (Ireland)

DUB-RIX-TLL. Great service, friendly staff, hassle free transfer through Riga even with a very tight connection (35 minutes) and all for 76 euro. As with other budget carriers, if you read the small print and ensure that cabin/checked baggage meets requirements there should be no complaints. As a regular traveller on the Dublin to Tallinn route, I have tried lots of airlines and flight combinations and will definitely use Air Baltic in the future. My only complaint is that the Riga flight leaves (a deserted) Dublin airport at 01.15!

AirBaltic customer review :  25 July 2012 by Larry McElroy (USA)

My son and I flew from Tallin to Vilnius with a 1 hr 15 mins connection time in Riga. Then a few days later a flight from Riga to Malta with a connection in Vienna. We were prepared. We prepaid the 20 Euro online and made sure our allowance was under 20kg per bag and 8kg for carry-ons. No snags at check-in. The agent was courteous and helpful. The flight crews were professional and the equipment clean. We had no delays, made our connections on time and no baggage problems. Before you complain about the price of checked luggage, the price for a cup of coffee or the price for a sandwich, check the price you paid for your ticket. You're still ahead.

AirBaltic customer review :  23 July 2012 by M Lohias (Germany)

MUC-RIX-AMS. Web check-in didn't work, had to pay extra for luggage. Onboard crew ok but seats were poor and the seat pitch was the worst I have seen! Flights were on time but in general not to recommend.

AirBaltic customer review :  4 July 2012 by M Cirulis (USA)

First airline where I had to pay for coffee. This type of customer service takes more time to process the payment then it would to provide the coffee or water for free. Getting e-tickets online was nil.

AirBaltic customer review :  29 June 2012 by C Adams (UK)

I paid the extra cost to select seats in the Emergency Exit row to have the extra legroom. Air Baltic changed the aircraft to one with a different Emergency Exit row, and did not change my seat reservations. Other passengers then secured the Emergency Exit rows seats, meaning I paid the extra cost for nothing and had to have standard seats. Very poor service by Air Baltic to take your money and fail to provide what you paid for.

AirBaltic customer review :  18 June 2012 by A Vlasov (UK)

LGW-RIX-LGW. Outbound leg was 2 hrs delayed, the reason was not explained. Cabin attendants were obviously tired and unfriendly, they ignored me when I wanted to buy a snack!

AirBaltic customer review :  13 June 2012 by Surkhay Lambaranskiy (Azerbaijan)

RIX-GYD. Flight delayed 5 hours. Passengers were held in the gates D area with no information for more than 1 hour after flight's departure time. Area of the gates D has neither cafe/restaurants nor smoking area - just toilets. EU citizens were allowed to cross the border and go back to the terminal, while others were required to remain in the same area with no info. After 20-30 minutes passengers had to push passport control officers in order to call for airline representative. Only after that non-EU citizens were transferred to another terminal where cold food was available. However, they provided meal coupons for only 1.50 LVL = 2.10 EUR. This amount was enough only for small pack of chips - even not for water! They did not care even about children flying as transit passengers and waiting for more than 10 hours in total. Also no excuses for delay from crew onboard.

1 2 3