Austrian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Austrian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by Chatterjee Sudip    (India)

Travelled Business class between Delhi and Vienna on 6 Nov 2014. Not a single smiling face among the entire cabin crew. After a comfortable sleep - I didn't eat anything, woke to ask for some coffee. No coffee came. What came was a curt response that we will soon serve coffee with breakfast. Very few airlines would respond like that to a business class passenger! The skimpy toilet set seemed to come out of economy a toothbrush, socks and eye mask. The breakfast service was good though unsmilingly served.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2014 by P Rejchrt    (UK)

LHR-VIE-OTP. Fly this airline frequently in Business class and generally happy. Economy class, however, is a disgrace. Commoditised product whereby they attempt to up-sell at every opportunity (more luggage, Business upg, better meal) - this is just conceding defeat to low cost competitors like Ryanair. I had the dubious pleasure of sitting to next to a pax who had ordered the EUR15 meal, which demonstrates the true value of the EUR149 upg offered. 2 hour 15 minute flight and one small plastic cake and one round of drinks, staff disinterested. VIE to OTP was a 25 gramme bag of salted pretzels. Late arrival in Vienna at a Schengen gate so had to take a bus transfer to the terminal and no time to use the Senator lounge to get any decent food. Returned on LH subsidiary Germanwings with a vastly superior on-board product including sandwiches, snacks and drinks. Recommendation is based on Business Class, will avoid in Economy.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by D Peters    (UK)

Budapest - Vienna to London Heathrow. First plane was a Fokker, very old but ok for a 30 min hop. Crew just rude and could not be more unfriendly, I said hello and was given a blank stare than she looked away in disgust. Water served on the flight. Remote parking in Vienna and a run to my gate through passport control where I just made my flight the last to board. Crew a bit better with just drinks served, no food which is a let down, not even a sandwich just a small pack of cookie. 2 Drink rounds with decent Austrian wines and beer. Plane nice and clean, comfortable. But left a bit unhappy without a sandwich and rude staff. Only again if price is right.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Andrew Kaufman    (USA)

Flew from Vienna to Tel Aviv round trip in business class on older Airbus. Not worth the fare for business class. Business class simply means the first few rows in the plane, with same seating as economy, but no one in the middle seat. Food was good and service was pleasant enough but seats reclined only slightly, were not particularly comfortable and in any event identical to economy. I guess if you don't want anyone sitting next to you, place a high priority on sitting in the front of the plane, and are willing to pay a lot for this, then enjoy.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Andrew Kaufman    (USA)

Vienna to Dulles in Business class. Superb in every respect. Others have been critical of the seating. I found the seats to be the best in the air. Yes, they were firm, but in a comfortable and supportive way. My next flight was on United business class and the softer seats were not nearly as comfortable as on Austrian. Food and service were outstanding. The hi-tech seat controls and audiovisual options were similarly good. In many rows the seating was 1-2-1, so plenty of options for privacy when traveling alone. Cathay Pacific was my previous all time favorite, but Austrian is even better.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Dambr Steve    (USA)

As this was a United issued ticket, I could not preselect seat line nor check in. Could not change seat at airports, so was place in the middle seat of 777. Very uncomfortable for a 9 hr flight from VIE to IAD. Pandemonium at the VIE gate. One agent trying to check passports for 300 passengers, blocking the main corridor as they would not let checked passenger's into the boarding area. No signage to inform passengers of what the lines were for, boarding time or zones. The seats in the 777 are very uncomfortable. In the middle seats your legs have to straddle the pillar of the seat in front, and there is no room for any carry on bags. There is limited recline. 9 hours of torture, difficult to sleep.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  31 October 2014 by Peter Anthony    (Canada)

I flew from Vienna to Athens and back on a business trip and was, once again, astonished and very disappointed with Austrian - The flight to Athens had a delay of over 2 hours and we just sat there in our seats in the plane, which was getting overly uncomfortable. No drinks or food were offered during that time either. When asking the cabin crew for help, they'd just ignore me in a very rude manner. After take-off they gave us a choice of an apple or solettis (mini pretzels) which was way below expectations and not even close to enough on a 2-hour flight, although they offered a decent variety of drinks. The seats were very uncomfortable on both flights - Both were operated by an A320 aircraft and both flights were empty (only around 30 passengers on each flight). The flight back also got delayed, although it was a shorter delay. Once again, bad service, rude and unpleasant flight crew and flying with Aegean would have cost me a lot less and I would have received far better service.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Marc Vermeire    (Belgium)

Vienna to Athens - despite announced pre-boarding for business there was a rush of passengers with oversized hand luggage. Plane was a clean A321. FA courteous however not friendly. Rather narrow seats. Business class meal consisted of 3 slices of tomato, some potato salad and a small piece of fish and a small dessert. Rather avaricious drinks service. My luggage did arrive rather late despite labelled as priority.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by C VanEmburg    (Austria)

October 21 2014, 21.55, flight OS 919 (operated by Tyrolean) Vienna to Salzburg. Did the pilot really think he could land in Salzburg, despite severe weather warnings? About twenty minutes into the very uncomfortable flight, the pilot told the passengers that there was a lightning strike in Salzburg, that we could not land, and he would let us know next steps. After thirty minutes into the forty-minute flight, he announced that the problem in Salzburg was solved, and that he was going to try to land, even though he admitted that there were very high winds and heavy rain (and, of course, lightning). After the wheels went down and we headed to the airport, he realized that trying to landing was futile. Minutes before we touched down, he aborted the landing and flew back up into the storm. After letting us know that he could not land in Salzburg, which was obvious, he later told us that we were landing in Linz and that a bus would take us to Salzburg. While I realize the goal of the airline is to deliver passengers to their destination, from my perspective the stress to the passengers on this flight could have avoided. We had no service because the attendant was securely fastened in her seat for almost all of this harrowing flight.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  23 October 2014 by J Varcakovic    (Australia)

Staff not friendly and not dedicated on 4 flights. Cancelled flight without an explanation or apologizing (and when you travel for more than 24 hours with unfriendly crew, you get irritated). Clearly there was small number of people on cancelled flight, so they decided to spread us in other flights. Not enough food, no towels or wet wipes for hands. Not enough water served. Not very comfortable seats - entertainment poor.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Echter Th    (Germany)

Austrian Airlines Berlin - Vienna - Thessaloniki, return. Each flight was on time, everything working, rather like a machine than like in a hospitality business. Crews were almost all unfriendly and without dedication. No smile, nothing to make you feel welcome. On all flights peanuts or a candy bar served. For a price of a serious airline, I'd have imagined different. Why to pay more than on a no frills airline, if service is the same?

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Garry Buick    (UK)

LHR/VIE/MLE and return September 2014. Outbound flights were fine and B767 although now extremely old are very well kitted out in Business class. Half full so excellent service. Return is where the problems start - at Male they can only check you in for the MLE-VIE sector - at VIE we found the flight overbooked for LHR with options for the next morning as they had let our seats go. Abysmal service when you have been flying for 9 hours and apparently this is not a concern of Austrian Airlines that there agents can't check you through from Male. We were not alone in having problems with OS connections on a Friday afternoon so be warned fly this route at your peril. After kicking off they eventually found our seats again but then due to technical problems delayed the flight by over an hour with what can only be described as limited explanation - the usual chaos at LHR (not OS's fault on this to be fair) added a further 40 minutes to the delay - a great holiday but not a nice surprise from Austrian at the end.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Peter Anthony    (Canada)

Just flew from Vienna to Bucharest and back, as they had a better departure/arrival time than Tarom and I was more than unsatisfied - the cabin crew were arrogant, the food on board was horrible, all they offer you is an apple, which for a £200 ticket is unacceptable! The flight departed and arrived late, without excuses and apologies and the check-in and boarding was pretty chaotic in Bucharest, as the flight back to Vienna was about 80% full. The flight from Vienna to Bucharest was flown by a Fokker aircraft, with about 20 passengers on board. I was once again appalled by Austrian. On the VIE-OTP route I highly recommend flying Tarom, since they have lower prices, they are more punctual and Tarom services are top quality and quantity. I'm going to try to avoid flying Austrian from now on.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Enrique Simeone    (Belgium)

VIE-BRU, A320, c class, good check-in in CAT in Vienna City terminal, caught an earlier flight than originally booked, and the member of staff was just only too eager to help. A breeze to get to airport and an excellent senator lounge. Flight itself nothing to write home about, but correct and smooth. Service done by very experienced stewardess. My bag was first out. Will recommend.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Robert Rosker    (Australia)

They fly for our smile, I was so disappointed that most of the staff did not smile therefor we did not smile. My wife and I flew business class from Melbourne to Bangkok with Thai Air and Austrian Airlines to Vienna, the main difference was staff on board Austrian Airlines, they simply did not want to be there. The cook on OS 25 was rude and grumpy, in hindsight I should have voiced my opinion at the time. On the return flight OS 26 it was a repeat, the staff did their job but were not pleasant. We are regular flyers to Vienna, with various airlines but now have a bad taste from the airline from my country of birth.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  23 September 2014 by C Vician    (USA)

Travel twice a year from CDG to VIE. I booked my ticket online in the US. It was not possible to check in online 24 hours prior to the flight and print out a boarding pass. You have to do it at the airport, wait until an Austrian airline rep can check you in and get you a boarding pass. This is extremely inconvenient and annoying. Instead of going to the lounge for the layover at 6.30 in the morning arriving from NY you have to wait to get a boarding pass. CDG-VIE business class has the same seats as coach, the seat next to you is left empty. The whole point of a business class is have a roomier seat with more legroom. Austrian airline is missing the point. Service usually pleasant, food OK. On the most recent trip in August they lost my luggage.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  20 September 2014 by Alois Leitner    (Austria)

Yesterday OTP-VIE evening flight. Booked online seat 22F in an Airbus 320. Surprisingly plane changed to outdated Fokker 100, so the seat was now in the last row, half a meter away from the engine. Because of this change complete chaos occurred, Fokker has seats 2-3, Airbus 3-3, so a lot of passengers had seat numbers which didn't exist in the Fokker, and 20 passengers was booked on the 22.30 flight. I am 171 cm, but I had problems getting into the seat. I could not even read a magazine, and opening the table tray ended in the middle of my chest with an angle of 45 degrees. After starting the engines it was so loud, I couldn't understand a single word of the safety instructions, neither the captains speech. Service is only a 5g-bag of pretzels or a sweet bar, and some drinks, even this small things are difficult to handle if you cannot open the tray-table. Would be interesting if you order a meal online before for 15 Euros, how to eat that? The seat pocket in front of me was full of garbage, napkins, pretzel-bags. In the past we were proud of our national carrier, slogan was "service is our success". Now they claim to be a 4-star airline, in fact the are a high price airline with low service, outdated planes. I cannot recommend Austrian.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Lars Jensen    (Australia)

We flew BKK-VIE, we had issues with the online check in. Despite selecting window seats when we paid for the tickets, we were auto assigned new seats which were in the middle cabin. At the start of the flight I connected my headphones and the flight steward quite rudely pulled them out from the jack and said no headphones while taking off. I looked around and the majority of passengers had headphones connected but the same steward said nothing to those passengers nor did he do anything to the person sitting next to me who was in clear sight of the steward using headphones. We laughed it off and thought this couldn't get much worse. The food was terrible and they took around 2 hours to clear the trays from your seat. The staff were not very friendly and did not when I would ring the buzzer for some water. They rarely do drinks runs like on other flights. I would avoid this airline if possible.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Kellenberger Ralph    (Czech Republic)

Flew ORD - VIE and the experience was very mixed. Website initially let me choose a vegetarian meal and enter my frequent flyer number, but after a certain time it was annulled. I wrote an e-mail to them and they told me the meal was booked and the frequent flyer number was added. I did get my vegetarian meal. I also asked them for an aisle seat because the website would not let me choose a seat. They told me that this cannot be done because I had a United ticket. Only, at United they told me they cannot influence the seats because it is an Austrian flight - Catch 22. The plane was new, the food ok, the crew are nice but not offering top service. They told us that they ran out of wine at the dinner serving, but then had it again. If you watched a movie and there was an announcement, you had to take the earphones off in order to hear it, because the announcement was only in the cabin loudspeakers, but not in the entertainment system. On arrival in Vienna, we had to take buses to the terminal, which I found quite strange for such a large plane - I have never experienced this in an intercontinental flight to major destinations. All in all they are still far from perfection. I expected more.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  18 September 2014 by P Jephson    (USA)

IAD-VIE, Pristine 777, Business Cabin a great place to spend 8 hours - or longer. Crew were friendly, professional and motivated and reference to passengers as "guests" was obviously more than just marketing speak. Austrian include a chef in the cabin crew, adding the finishing touch to a superior Do&Co food service, capped with a delicious "coffee menu." Evidence of attention to detail at every stage of the flight from imaginative amenity bags to spotless loos decorated with fresh flowers. Every bit as good as Qatar and co and in many respects (eg European service style) more to our liking. Onward short hauls VIE-SKP-VIE-FRA showed a standard consistent with the longhaul product. Five stars in the air, slightly fewer in the lounges which need a touch of the same magic. Austrian will be our automatic choice from now onwards.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by K Jajodia    (USA)

Service in business class was appalling, the attendant "forgot" to lay my table, the first and second courses I had to remind her each time. Both my husband and I were not offered water or beverage refills, after landing they didn't even bother to acknowledge the passengers as we were leaving. We travel business class on many different airlines, my husband is a million mile flyer and this was the worst experience. Our flight was OS93 on September 2 2014 from Vienna to Washington DC.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Nikola Nikolov    (Bulgaria)

Had a flight from Sofia to Budapest through Vienna. When I arrived at Vienna airport the flight to Budapest was delayed and planned for some 30 mins late. Later they announced that the airplane is expected to depart from Zagreb and will arrive at 11.35 and further information will be provided soon. Heard no more information and went to gate at 11.30 they said that the flight had finished boarding. I was then charged for the next flight to Budapest. So beware of Vienna airport notifications.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by K Cai    (Australia)

BKK-VIE and back on Boeing 777. 1st leg automatic upgrade on exit row seat due to no-one sitting there. Even got given free amenity kit from business class! The promptness and fast flying speed - commendable. Both flights arrived before schedule! Service, just gets the basics right. Lacking warmth from Asian airlines. The touch-screen IFE is the best ever. Currently only good for flying to Austria.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Christakis Alex    (Greece)

In early August, I traveled with my wife and 15-year old son from Athens to Vienna and then (the next day) from Vienna to New York. In both flights (but especially in the Vienna - New York one) I need to point out the excellent service, friendly attitude, politeness and efficiency of the cabin crew. We were excellently treated, in a clearly new aircraft with very comfortable and roomy seats, large touch-screen personal TVs, very neat toiletry bag and a very interesting, well cooked and well served menu. As my wife needs help to move around and go to the toilet, the response of the cabin crew to help her and make sure that she was comfortable was really exceptional. Although it was a very long "night" flight and the business class was sold out , the crew were always on their feet and did a perfect job in keeping everybody satisfied. We had an excellent 9-hour flight to New York and I would wholeheartedly recommend the business class of Austrian Airlines to friends and family.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Ivan Dzhur    (USA)

Flew from Vienna to Lviv on August 4th. Flight was on time. Quick boarding and coaching to the aircraft. Excellent cabin crew, very efficient service. Arrival in Lviv few minutes ahead of schedule.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Robert Marshall    (UK)

Flew Larnaca (LCA) to London Heathrow (LHR) via Vienna (VIE) on 12/08/2014. Economy class. Friendly check-in and boarding gate ground handling staff at LCA. LCA to VIE on A321. Airbridge available. Nice clean plane. Friendly cabin crew. Excellent English language skills from both cabin and flight deck staff. Clear announcements on aircraft. On time departure from LCA. VIE to LHR on A320. Airbridge available. Departure delayed about 20 mins due to earlier weather issues at LHR. Friendly boarding gate staff. Aircraft nice and clean. Cabin crew friendly. Excellent English language skills from both cabin and flight deck staff. Clear announcements. On both sectors, seating is typical Airbus economy, poorly padded, utilitarian seating. Adequate leg room for a 176cm height person. IFE on both sectors was typically advertising the highlights of a visit to Austria, combined with cartoons for the kids and a great deal of promotion for Red Bull! The only disappointment was the catering: on the LCA-VIE sector just about edible, small (and I mean small) meal + drinks. On the VIE-LHR sector only a tiny bag of pretzels + drinks. I was seriously hungry by the time I reached LHR. I'd happily fly Austrian again but I'd either order additional food or take my own.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by H Vercammen    (Belgium)

This was a terrible flight. The plane looked nice but the staff couldn't care less. We flew from Dubai to Vienna and didn't get water during the night. Even when calling the hostess, nobody came. They were very disorganised. It was a very unfriendly staff and they only took care for the business class passengers. Never again with Austrian Airlines.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  15 August 2014 by Lange Michael    (Germany)

OS 461 and 642 (Vienna - Yerevan). My experience with this airline was not the best. Boarding in VIE was quite okay, but the service onboard was not so good. After take-off they served us a hot meal, but it was a very, very small portion. Some pasta and 10g sweats (something like pudding), drink of our choice. It was a 3 hrs and 20 min flight, so we got something to drink again before landing. Flying back from Yerevan to Vienna, the boarding was awful, disorganized. Because of these boarding procedures I had never had before, we left for Vienna more than 61 mins delayed. Soon after take-off we got breakfast, a very small one. Some scrambled eggs (I think, not more than one egg/person), rolls and drinks. This is a 3hrs and 40 mins flight from Asia to Europe, so we got some drinks again before landing Vienna.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2014 by C Bousquet    (Canada)

My husband and I flew from Vienna to Toronto yesterday. It was a 9 hour flight. We chose to pay extra to sit in the emergency row seats. The configuration is 2 then 3 then 2 seats. We sat in the middle seats. We were initially very pleased with the leg room but the TV was in the seat in front so very far from us when seated. Once the flight began we realized the problem. Other passengers considered our row as a way to move from one side of the plane to the other. There was a constant flow of people including airline staff through our row passing and sometimes stopping and standing in front of our TV while we were trying to watch it. Two small obviously unsupervised children probably ran through our row at least 25 times. I'm sure that people were not trying to be rude but after 9 hours of this it was incredibly annoying. The last thing was when my husband got up to go to the bathroom a stewardess came to talk to someone beside us and sat on his chair arm. My husband returned and stood there for 5 minutes before she stood up and he could be seated.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Holzer Christian    (Austria)

I flew Vienna-Bangkok business class. That really made a difference. The seats were comfortable, the food was good, the video screens up-to-date. The hit for me was, that I was able to lie stretched out - and I am 1.90 m. That really surprised me. The service was good. If I try to find something to criticize: maybe the entertainment system could include more movies. But in all highly recommended.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Poole Keith    (UK)

Four flights on 4 different aircraft's recently: LHR-VIE then VIE-SLZ that went well with a smooth flight with good attendants, but only just walking time for the onward connecting flight with a smooth transfer of our baggage so no waiting around. The return BUD-VIE left late due to bad weather so missed our VIE-LHR evening connection as just half an hour between flights. Our overnight stay in the city Danube Hotel plus transfer by car with food vouchers was handled very efficiently but the desk staff as was the morning pick-up and return flight. Snacks and drinks adequate for our economy flight status. So would certainly use this service again.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  1 August 2014 by S Van Duffel    (Belgium)

Flew from Vienna to Astana on July 29. The plane was small, it had no in-flight entertainment system. It took more than an hour after take-off before anyone got a drink. The food was terrible (no choice for anyone, just penne with tomato sauce, and a "dessert" that I can only imagine to have melted ice cream). The staff were unfriendly. Not to be repeated: I will try to avoid Austrian from now on.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by A Aspers    (Australia)

BNE-BKK-VIE and return. Brisbane to BKK operated by Thai. Very limited and hard to find online checking and seat choosing. All legs full. Small seats 3-4-3. Uneven temp control between cabins. Hopeless and limited entertainment choices. Poor quality food and wines. Flight back from vie delayed 7 hours. Only use if you have no other choice.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Hajek Rene    (New Zealand)

Traveled from Vienna to Bangkok. New seats but uncomfortable. Good size TV screen. Food portion was too small and instead of breakfast just one dry sandwich was just a joke. Will never fly again with such a terrible airline. Another jaw dropping fact was when lady next to me asked me to get her drink because she was feeling ill. I went to the back of the plane to report it and was only given drink for her and smile and they didn't bother to go and check on her.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by Stephen Lloyd    (UK)

OS425, LHR-VIE and OS25 from Vienna to Bangkok in Business. Everything ran on time and was smooth. The short changeover in Vienna was not a problem, all worked smoothly and my luggage got there too. Good flight attendants, excellent screen and good range of films passed the time by well. The Sky Chef is very good and the food prepared nicely for you. This is a real plus for Austrian. Full flat bed which his comfortable perhaps a little short for my 6’3” height but no complaints. Quiet cabin allowed a good nights sleep. A much better product than the Swiss service I got on the way back.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by M Gephart    (USA)

Quick weekend getaway FRA-VIE-FRA. Booked into economy but was upgraded due to Star Alliance status. These were some of the best cabin attendants I have experienced. Both directions they were attentive and friendly. My drink was never empty. Good multi-course mid-day meal offering on the return. Seats were the business class slimlines - but fine for 1+ hour flight. Very pleasant experience and will definitely be flying with them again.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2014 by C Seefeld    (Austria)

VIE-ATH and return. Everything smooth, both flights on time. Tried their DO&CO meal for additional 15€. Extraordinary quality (and quantity!) which is well worth the money, especially if you don't want to lose time eating at the airport! Will definitely use this offer again.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Reno Kishan    (USA)

ORD-VIE-DEL and return. When we travelled last December the interior of the plane was renovated hence it looked like a brand new plane. They went out of their way to take care of my son. The food was as decent as can be expected from airline food. New entertainment system/ brand new seats (with good leg room) Great service. As a frequent traveler to Asia I have tried most airlines for the long haul flights and I have to say Austrian stood out mainly due to the brand new interior but also due to great service. Last but not least have to talk about VIE airport. Of all the airports to have a 5 hour layover, this might be one of the best. Lots of big couches available for take a quick shut eye with free WIFI. The reason for me try this airline was due to their excellent price but this year unless prices unfairly high, I am going to book Austrian again. Highly recommended for the long Asia flights.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

OS312 from Stockholm Arlanda Airport (Sweden) to Vienna Airport (Austria) Monday June 9. The aircraft used on this service was a Fokker 100 and I had a seat in Economy class, seat 3F. Austrian Airlines has recently refurbished the cabins of its Fokker 100. After this refurbishment it is one of the best and most comfortable cabins available on intra-European flights. The seat pitch is good and the seats are very comfortable and outstanding compared to the nowadays common slim seats from Recaro that most Star Alliance airlines have installed. There was no IFE available and the food service were close to non-existent. The very comfortable seating however overcome this shortage in service. I can highly recommend Austrian Airlines for intra-European flights when operated by Fokker 100.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Michael Filnhals    (Austria)

VIE-HAM in May. Got a "free upgrade" due to overbooking the evening flight. Did not know that it was business class, seats are the same like in Y-Class. No welcome drink offered, C-Class menu is a shame for a 4-star airline. Very narrow seats, no real business class seats, they just keep the middle seat free for C-Class passengers. Food was tasteless! Save money and stay in Eco. Business Class on OS European flights is not worth the money.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  9 June 2014 by Edin Dzano    (Germany)

Frankfurt-Sarajevo via Vienna. Very pleasant flight. Basic onboard service (many drinks options and some snacks). Vienna airport with its free wifi possibility is really good for transit passengers. Flights on time. Immigration flawless too. Would fly with them again, since to/out of Sarajevo no many options to choose from.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  3 June 2014 by M Studzinski    (Poland)

Chicago ORD - Vienna. Flight on time, with very nicely refurbished B767-300. Excellent Ipad-like TV monitor, great quality, but very limited choice of movies and TV shows, literally 20 movies and 4 episodes of TV shows ( compare to 1000+ on EK or BA). Food was tasty, good size portions, but only chicken or veggie pasta as a option. Hot sandwich for breakfast. Crew was the only down point of this flight, only just polite to answer your question, not a smile or friendly chat. Generally, good flight but crew should be nicer.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  29 May 2014 by C Flower    (Germany)

Fantastic trip with Austrian Airlines, VIE-ORD. Their business class on the 767 is one of the few that is truly worth the money on an inter-continental trip. The food is the best of any airlines world-wide, the chef onboard really makes a difference! Service is charming, the new seats are nice and offer easy aisle access too. Only drawback are the limited movie options, far fewer than in Economy Class on Singapore/Qantas. Now I just wonder, why can't LH be as good as their subsidiary?

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Kjeld Buelow    (Denmark)

Flew Business Class from Vienna to Beijing and back. Absolutely excellent service. In particular the lie-flat seats as well as the food (from Do&Co) and wine selection. Hard to beat.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Peter Anthony    (Canada)

Vienna to Sofia. Flight on-time and was operated by a clean A319 aircraft. Crew was kind, although pretty robotic. Catering was just a small pack of solettis - small for the 1.5 hour flight. My ticket cost 220 EUR. Really disappointing trip.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Daniela Trenti    (Spain)

April 30 flight from Dubai to Wien. Boarded at 1am, departure scheduled at 1.40am. After one hour we could not take off due to a technical problem. At 6am we were still sitting on the plane. Passengers were kept on the plane for 5 hours, (no meal, no drinks) and then we were deboarded to the airport. None of the crew came with the passengers, we were told to go to the same gate we boarded from - C29. At the gate there was no staff member from Austrian, only a couple of staff with a vest marked Lufthansa. The only answer we received about connection flights was that everything would have been organized in Wien. At 13.00 finally we could enter board the plane again. When we arrived in Wien, we were sent to the customer service counter where there were only 2 staff members for more than 200 passengers! Provided a hotel in Wien and we took the flight in the morning, arriving with a 24 hour delay.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  9 May 2014 by W Staab    (USA)

JFK-Vienna-JFK, 777, Economy - non-stop flight, refurbished interior since last trip 1-1.5 years ago. Leg room adequate but very narrow seat - almost the worst I have experienced in over 250 transatlantic flights. Aisle seat armrest does not retract making it tough for anyone to exit the row. Service onboard extremely efficient and pleasant. Quality of Meals has deteriorated considerably on Austrian. Salad only iceberg lettuce, chicken or pasta, very small tray. the second meal was once a full breakfast with cold cuts/cheese platter, fresh fruit etc served on a tray. Now only a hot wrapped sandwich in tin foil, nothing more. Conversely second meal on return to NY which was once small meal and pastry last year served on a tray, is now the same hot sandwich which was served for breakfast headed to Vienna in tin foil - nothing more, no tray. Reserved aisle seats honored. Austrian is beginning to sink to Delta levels though the screen on back of seat quite adequate and wide selection of films, classical music etc.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2014 by Pancu Catalin    (Romania)

My last business trip was from Munich (Germany) to Iasi (Romania) via Vienna on 1st May 2014, and Austrian Airlines, probably due profitably reasons, decided to cancel the flight OS 645 from Vienna to Iasi. Thus I was routed on another fight Vienna - Bucharest operated by themselves and not fully loaded. One day later I flew from Bucharest to Iasi. I don't recommend Austrian Airline and I will try as much as possible to avoid this airline.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Shanavas Valappil    (UAE)

Vienna to Dubai on 26th April 2014. I have to say the service and the crew were above expectations. It was a very pleasant surprise after my experiences flying different airlines. Their care for passengers was obvious, very attentive and smiling crew throughout. The seats 2-3-2 combination with good amount of leg space, overall it was a nice experience. I would definitely choose them for my next flight.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Danny Gräber    (Israel)

April 2014, Tel Aviv - Vienna - Paris CDG and back. All flights operated with A321. The plane from Vienna to Paris was nearly 4 hours late (we were given a chocolate bar and mineral water at VIE). On the whole, good service. On TLV-VIE and VIE-TLV routes, meals are served. On European routes, just a snack and drinks. On the VIE-TLV flight, it was so warm and suffocating.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2014 by Fischer Felix    (Austria)

Flight FRA-VIE, the online check-in and the iPhone app was quite difficult to use. The flight was overbooked and due to that 20 minutes delayed. The Inflight Entertainment was just Austrian Airlines advertisement. Only the food was good because I ordered an Do&Co Menu. So I was a little bit surprised how poor Austrian Airlines could be, because every time I flew Austrian before it was much better. So if this is Austrian's "standard" I can't recommend that.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  5 April 2014 by Mark Ackery    (USA)

Used Austrian because Lufthansa went on strike and I have to say I loved Austrian. B777-200, JFK-VIE in seat 9K. Single seat and very comfortable. Food was outstanding as were the crew. The chef onboard is a great touch and the flight went quite fast. Then A320, VIE-LHR and again more of the great food and service with a smile. I will recommend Austrian as the service was better than Lufthansa. The only drawback was the entertainment - poor outdated games and not much else.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 April 2014 by R Smits    (Netherlands)

BKK-VIE. B777-200 with 10 seats across in a 3-4-3 configuration, seat width was seriously reduced. This is the most uncomfortable flight in my life. The seats are very bad.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2014 by F Bertoni    (Italy)

Milan-Vienna-Milan. A319s, clean and well-presented. Fair cabin crew, poor selection of food (just a snack served), great selection of beverages and spirits. I still think the new Recaro seats are comfortable, somebody else would argue on that. On the way back to Milan, the flight was overbooked. Was supposed to spend a night more in Vienna, but they finally managed a seat for me. Austrian is a good airline to fly with. Was by the way impressed with the new Terminal 3 at Vienna Airport: amazing one, and the free-wifi is much appreciated.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Hardee Sabir    (Denmark)

Took CPH-EBL-CPH. Extremely satisfied with the trip, everything went as it should on time. Very nice staff.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Georgios Vrontos    (Greece)

TXL-VIE-ATH on A320, if you expect to eat better brink your own sandwich. The ordered meal is expensive from €15. Also on the long flights you have to pay €5 for amenities kit. Why bother to fly with them. The cabin was clean and both flights were on time.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by C Mayr    (Austria)

VIE-DME-VIE, both flights on A320. Cabin spotless and seats very comfortable with good leg space. FA's friendly and helpful. We got a full meal on both flight (pasta and a dessert) and drink service including coffee. Flights left and arrived on time. The experience with Austrian was very positive and nice. The flight times to Moscow are good, only complaint is Domodedovo Airport (very crowded) but that's not Austrian's fault.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  6 March 2014 by P Thomas    (Austria)

Vienna-Washington-Vienna. Seat allocation for all transatlantic and onward US flights was possible several weeks in advance. Check-in at Vienna airport could be faster. The new all-flat seats are very comfortable. Excellent food, nice wine and drinks selection. Very attentive service even though the flight was operated by not so experienced Tyrolean Airways crew. Online entertainment system is very much ok although the selection of movies and games could be wider. Flights were on time or ahead of time, new plane, meticulously clean. Good selection of food and drinks in the lounges at Vienna and Washington Dulles.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by V Tomeva    (Bulgaria)

14 Feb 2014, flight from Vienna to Sofia was not only delayed for nearly 3 hours, but the aircraft was not in the best condition to fly. 28 Feb 2014, flight Pristina - Vienna, despite of timely departure at 15.00 hrs instead of landing 16.45 hrs as planned, landed 16.58 hrs. I had a connecting flight to London at 17.15 and was expecting that ground service would take care of passengers. Instead, everyone to whom I addressed my request for assistance to speed up the transfer, as I did not have checked in luggage were being extremely unhelpful. Unfortunately Austrian airlines and Vienna airport have kind of monopoly over the connections and destination in this part of Europe, so one has to live with their way of talking to customers.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 March 2014 by D Groechel    (Switzerland)

IST-VIE-ZRH in Business Class. Ticket was issued by Swiss. Couldn't online check in the day before. So at Check In at Istanbul Airport I learnt there was a problem with my ticket. Therefore after cancelling my ticket and issuing a new one at the check in counter, which took almost 2 hours, they just downgraded me to Economy Class by mistake. Not enough time to re-issue the ticket as boarding had already started, and I had to rush to the gate. They promised me they would have it fixed. Arriving at the gate, the agent didn't know anything about it, and could not fix it. They told me, they would fix it in Vienna for my connecting flight into Zurich. So I had to fly Economy Class but had paid the business class fare. Arriving in Vienna, I learned, that business class for my connection flight was booked out so I had to continue in Economy. Shows clearly, Austrian is seriously not caring about business class customers. Never again with this unorganized airline!

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by P Rejchrt    (UK)

OS456/25, LHR-VIE-BKK and OS 26/451, BKK-VIE-LHR. New Business class seats allow a decent sleep, IFE selection is not great. BKK-VIE the headsets were collected in after the arrival video was shown about an hour prior to landing then the video restarted so I missed the end of the film I was watching. Second meal service (breakfast) has small portion sizes, flew this airline and class recently on the NRT route and vastly better service and more professional crew. Short connection times at VIE make this a fast route. Worst experience is the seating on OS25. Premium Miles & More customers are usually reserved seats in rows 1 and 3. This works fine except when the airline uses row 2 for families with small children or upgrades. Sleep was made difficult on OS25 by shouting at their children to control them and shouting at each other audible across 2 aisles. No re-seating available as this flight always seems to be full or over-sold. Washrooms could do with a refit on all Austrian aircraft.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 February 2014 by Adam Muller    (Slovakia)

VIE-AMS one way, bought just few days before departure so quite expensive. Long bus ride from terminal 3 to somewhere in the middle of Vienna airport to board an old Fokker 100. I don't mind flying unusual types of aircraft's but given the engine configuration of Fokker (rear mounted engine) and the fact that I was seated in the 3rd from the back means it was extremely noisy thorough the entire flight. What bothered me the most was that the seats do not have any moveable headrests. Seat pitch poor but unfortunately that is typical to all intra-Europe economy today. Inedible snack and one round of drinks offered during the flight.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by D Moore    (UK)

Flew LHR-VIE-BKK return on a full fare business class ticket that cost over 3,000 euro. Was astonished to discover that Austrian do not provide fast track immigration pass at BKK where queues at the general passport control can often be very long. They provide on the flight back to VIE but not on arrival at BKK. Spoke to the purser who actually denied knowledge of a fast track system? There is inconsistency within the LH group in this regard. I have generally received a pass when arriving into BKK on Swiss but not recently on LH. Shoddy service to premium passengers and I suspect yet another example of cost cutting. The flights themselves were ok and more or less on schedule. I found the dinner service on the long haul sectors to be disorganised and too time consuming at a time when most passengers need to avail of the flat but claustrophobic flat beds.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  7 January 2014 by R Blizard    (UK)

LHR-VIE-DXB. Flight from London left 55 minutes late so very little time to connect. Was hot and a bit tired when boarding the Vienna to Dubai flight for a Business Class sector. Asked on entrance if I could have some water. Not one of the four members of staff offered to help and one crew member said you'll have to go to the front galley to get one. In Business Class I was stunned. Asked at my seat and was told there are bottles at every seat. None at any seat because they had forgotten to put them out. They served a drink snack packet but they did not have a drinks service. Then came the food with a drinks service. Very strange for Business Class. The crew were miserable, false cold smiles and they were clearly Tyrolean Charter Crew and not used to dealing with scheduled passengers on a route like Vienna to Dubai in Business Class. The Business Class seat was lie flat but the whole surround was very plastic and cheap. The table needed Einstein's brain to open and close it back into the seat. Finally, our baggage did not arrive at Dubai, so clearly the 09.05 ex London flight connection will always miss baggage transfer to the Dubai service. We arrived 24th December and our baggage arrived Christmas Day at 16.00 hours. In Business Class on the return flight the breakfast served was quite disgraceful and I couldn't eat any of it except for the fresh fruit. The worst meal I have had in Business Class on any flight in 46 years of travelling. Do not travel with this airline.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Michael Filnhals    (Austria)

VIE-HAM-VIE. Outbound flight on Dec 31st, return on Jan 2nd. Flight to Hamburg was delayed due to technical reasons for more than two hours. No information about the delay were given at the check-in. Passengers were informed about the delay 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. They refused to book us on an earlier flight and very unprofessional staff at the lounge. C-Class lounge was clean and calm but in the morning a very limited choice of food and beverages. We were bussed to the plane, very old F 100 outgoing to Hamburg. Breakfast in C- Class was ridiculous, panini was served with a cold! egg omelette. Cabin attendants did their job, but no smile at all. Our luggage in Hamburg was the last on the belt even it was marked with the priority label. Evening flight back to Vienna left 10 minutes late; they served a very tasteless pasta with salad. Arrived in Vienna ontime but again no priority handling for the luggage. I cannot share the good reviews of other travellers of OS C-class in Europe. I will not choose them again for European flights in Business. Disappointing!

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  31 December 2013 by J Tinning    (Austria)

I came off my early morning (arriving) flight from Dubai at Heathrow and had to check out and in again as I purchased two separate tickets. I had anticipated a nightmare doing this but it was so simple, despite terminal change etc. and the online check in queue had no one, even though both Lufthansa and Austrian share the check-in zone. Friendly check in staff. Flight OS452 (anniversary livery A320) was much quieter than I expected and there was one of many spare seats next to me. Reading material was brilliant. The snack was nice as were the drinks, which included a range of Austrian drinks such as Almdudler and Julius Meinl coffee. The crew were very friendly and the welcome on board was warm. I always enjoy my trips with Austrian and even though soon I'll be leaving my home in Vienna, I hope to use Austrian as my airline for connecting flights in the future.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  30 December 2013 by Stephen Lloyd    (UK)

LHR-VIE-BKK in Business. Short haul flights were comfortable and smooth, light meal served and seating is the typical 3 in a row with the middle one kept clear. The long haul VIE-BKK flight was on the new lie flat business seats. They were comfortable and the screen for entertainment very good, clear, sharp but a limited selection of films. The Sky Chef is a really nice touch and food was good - a really tender steak. Crew are generally reserved - but as a Star Alliance gold member I was personally greeted which is a nice touch. My reservations are basically two. The first is seating reservations. On both legs I pre booked a single seat but got put in both cases onto a pair - with the second seat empty. I thought Gold would have given me priority but it seems the Senator Gold was higher- fair enough but worth noting in future. The second was the space in the seats. On the return leg I had 8A (777-200 config) which was fine, but outboard I had 10K - right up against economy and with a tight space to 10H - a real squeeze to get in and out. Avoid this seat if possible.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  21 December 2013 by Martin Wimmer    (USA)

Booked a ticket through United Airlines, Austrian Airlines operated the flight from Vienna, Austria, to Washington DC. Had a 30 hour delay due to weather in Washington DC, had to be rebooked for the next day. Arrived at the airport with the new ticket United had sent me, but Austrian Airlines still had the old version in their system. They refused to call United and ask for verification, even though I showed them the email I got from United. I was told that if I "book through United and pay them and not Austrian Airlines", that I "can't expect any help or assistance from Austrian Airlines". In the end, the result was that I missed my connection in Washington DC which resulted in an even greater delay. I will avoid any flights operated by Austrian Airlines from now on, since they don't help in case something doesn't go as planned.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Michal Cunderlik    (Slovakia)

I took a long haul flight from Vienna to Bangkok vice versa (02/12 - 13/12/2013) and I have no complaints, everything was pretty good. The seats are a bit narrow, but a good fit for me, the service was good, food tasty, entertainment ok and flight smooth, so for me, everything was OK.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by G Farul    (Malaysia)

Two adults and 3 younger children flew JFK-VIE-BKK in economy class in December 2013. Ground staff at JFK were inconsistent, from a very helpful check in agent to completely unhelpful and nitpicky gate agents. At first it was trying to deny me the 2-bags per person that was clearly stated in my ticket, then some back and forth about whether or not my carry on was allowed. Fortunately ground staff in VIE were more helpful particularly during boarding with small children. Onboard the newly refurbished 777, legroom was reasonable however by fitting 10 seats across in a 3-4-3 configuration, seat width was seriously reduced. This must have been one of the least comfortable seats I've been on even compared to short haul United domestic flights. Cabin crew were again inconsistent. JFK-VIE had regular water service but VIE-BKK didn't for example. VIE-BKK also missed one special meal that I ordered, and was consistently ignoring the call button from passengers around me. Meal service was reasonable, and they do have some of the freshest breads inflight I've ever tasted. Overall not the most pleasant of flights, I will be avoiding Austrian if at all possible in the future.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by K Rahman    (India)

Delhi-VIE-Lyon. 2 adults and 2 babies. On the ground in Delhi very good and helpful. In the air the crew were cold but professional. Hardly smiled even at the babies. The breakfast before arrival in Vienna pretty mediocre. The flight from Vienna to Lyon was much more friendly. The crew smiled at us and gave toys to the babies (odd that no toys were offered on the much longer DEL VIE flight). Do & Co à la carte breakfast very good on this segment. Cost 15€€but like a business class meal. All in all Austrian were OK, but lacking in service on the Delhi to Vienna flight.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Gräber Danny    (Israel)

TLV-VIE-WAW and back, with A321 (TLV-VIE-TLV), Q400 (VIE-WAW) and Fokker 70 (WAW-VIE). A very nice experience though waiting times in Vienna for connecting flights long (there isn't much to do at VIE a/p). Service very attentive, staff extremely friendly and meals delicious (VIE-WAW-VIE - snacks only, but full bar service).

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Andersson Anders    (Sweden)

I travelled from Vienna to Copenhagen on December 3, Business Class seat 3F. This afternoon service was operated by a Fokker 100. Although this specific aircraft type has been in service for quite some years it had a totally new interior. The interior looked smart and attractive and the seat was very comfortable. I would say the best seat I have ever experienced on an Intra-European flight. The service was excellent and so was the food and drinks served. In total a very pleasant experience. I would highly recommend travelling with Austrian Airlines on Intra- European flights in Business Class.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

I travelled with OS318 from Stockholm Arlanda Airport to Vienna Airport on December 3. The aircraft on this service was an Airbus A319 and I travelled in Economy on seat 12A. This was an early morning departure at 06.40, thus I planned to take the opportunity for a two-hour nap during the flight. Since the aircraft were equipped with the new Slim Recaro seats this was not possible. These seats gives no comfort and you must bring your own cushion, since the headrest has simply been forgotten. These terrible Recaro Seats may be cheap but they do for sure not bring any passenger satisfaction. During the flight the breakfast consisted of cinnamon buns. For early morning flights from Scandinavia it is better to omit this service or serve something that reflects the market from where the flight originates from. I am surprised that Austrian still have not realised this and adopted to what the Scandinavian customers expects.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by Mauricio Canosa    (Brazil)

Berlin Tegel-Vienna-Salzburg-Vienna-Munich in business class. Seating is very tight and the new Recaro slim seats are hard and uncomfortable, even on short sectors. Fokker 100 seats more comfortable. Standard euro-business configuration as their partners Lufthansa and Swiss, regular economy class seating with a blocked seat for more space, but my legs suffered. Baggage, even with priority tags for business, missed a tight connection but were delivered at the final destination a few hours later. Crew is one of the most gracious and attentive in the skies, presenting a superior service and food, which is plenty and very-well done. Nice wines and small touches, this is my favorite business product on intra-Europe flights. Would like to see an improvement on seating comfort.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by T Ruggles    (Canada)

The review has been removed due to concerns about the authenticity of the comments

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  29 November 2013 by M Liewehr    (Germany)

DEL-VIE-WAW in C-Class. Flat-bed Seats are the same like on LX, but somehow more comfortable and more convenient as they offer more storage space. Catering as usual on OS outstanding and easily comparable with other carrier's F-Class offer. The crews on both flights were fantastic and they do really know how to provide excellent and personalised service. You will get your blanket and pillow covered with linen duvet covers (in C-Class). Connection in VIE is most convenient of all airports in Europe which I know. Good value for money considering that OS is a European company which does not work in a tax and social security free environment with huge governmental support like the Gulf carriers. Austrian offers one of the best long haul products in C-Class in the world. Short haul flights are equally good. Strongly recommended!

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Prariyadi Ario    (Germany)

TXL-VIE-BKK-SYD return. The first leg flight between TXL-VIE with Austrian and BKK-SYD with code share Thai were pleasant journeys. Compared to Thai cabin crews, the Austrian cabin crews were unfriendly and unhelpful. Unfortunately the flight VIE-BKK with Austrian OS25 was a disappointing flight. We had a 4 hour delay in Vienna without any clear information from the crews, even though we were already on-board. Most of the crews were not caring to worried passengers, especially those who have further destinations after arriving in Bangkok. The crews on the flight to Bangkok were rude. The meals were not so special. Return flight from Sydney to Berlin with the same leg SYD-BKK with Thai was good and BKK-VIE-TXL with Austrian was better compared to my first experience.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 November 2013 by T Pinkstone    (UK)

Flight VIE-TSE-VIE. Extremely disappointing due to cynical use of economy seating "middle seat kept free for your convenience". No inflight entertainment despite the flight being over 5 hours in length. Quite outrageous for the EUR 3,000+ charged. Despite helpful and apologetic staff I would not recommend.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Daniel Floeckinger    (Austria)

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by T Higginbotham    (USA)

Our experience has been a nightmare with this airline today. After flying from Vienna to Chicago, we were re- routed to Detroit due to bad weather. Waited on plane additional 2 hrs, finally told flight cancelled and we would be disembarking and new flight arrangements would be made after checking in at Austrian Airlines. Instead, no Austrian Airlines personnel could 'ticket' us, no option to assist in flights home from Detroit, no assistance at all. We were dumped in Detroit and loaded on to buses driving 6 hrs back to Chicago airport. When we arrived, there was no Austrian Airlines personnel to assist us. Fortunately the wonderful accommodating United Airlines staff were helpful in obtaining flights home. Their employees stayed into the early morning hrs to help us. We will never recommend this airline.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by V Dimitri    (Belgium)

Flight Larnaca-Vienna was a horrible business experience. Seating was as small as Economy. No way you could enjoy the service, no drinks offered at departure, basic service while flying, food acceptable. Absolutely no way you could work on this flight! I flew in with Swiss/Edelweiss and that was just perfect. Not recommended for business flight. Just buy economy, same service, different prices.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  18 November 2013 by F Roessler    (USA)

Flight on the newly refurbished Boeing 777 from VIE to Chicago ORD, beautiful interior, comfortable seats even in economy class, great entertainment system, free alcohol, ordered the special Do&Co menu (option for long haul flights from Vienna against a surcharge of 15 EUR - the chicken Wiener Schnitzel and the chocolate mousse to die for were totally worth it). Best was the really friendly cabin staff, quality altogether is a step up from any U.S. airline and would really recommend.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  15 November 2013 by M Liewehr    (Germany)

IST-VIE-MUC, 14/11/2013, C-Class, IST-VIE on A319: comfortable seat, extremely attentive and friendly crew, nice and decent catering as usually on OS, VIE-MUC on F100 with new leather seats, which are among the most comfortable of any airlines in Europe, lot of space, again decent catering with a hot meal on a 35 min. flight and a very courteous and attentive crew, they really work hard to provide a very high level of service. Very much recommended and for sure OS is setting service benchmarks together with LX within the LH-group.