Austrian Airlines Passenger Reviews and Austrian Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Melanie Haymont    (Australia)

Our family flew from Vienna to Bangkok on 21 Sep 2013. The seating we had was appalling, the seats did not recline at all and as this is a 9.5 hr flight it was a nightmare. You expect cramped conditions on a long haul economy class flight, but this was ridiculous. Staff were rude and unhelpful. I will never fly them again and would not recommend.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Luke Toornent    (Netherlands)

AMS-VIE. I normally use KLM for this flight but I decided to try Austrian. I have to say I was impressed by the professional staff and the seat comfort on board the Airbus A319. Good food and drinks. Flight left on time and arrived 20 minutes early. I found the experience better than KLM. Would choose Austrian again.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by D Led    (Thailand)

ZRH-VIE-BKK, Business - VIE-BKK on OS25, 11/8/2013. New business class, excellent service, comfortable seat, excellent food. Transit in VIE was a little chaotic due to delay.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by C Seefeld    (Austria)

VIE-KLX and return, charter flight fully booked. Very charming crew on both legs, tasty hot meal served with 2 rounds of drinks on this 2 hr flight. Good legroom, clean and tidy cabin on A319. Newspapers and magazines were appreciated. Great flight experience by Austrian!

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  11 September 2013 by S Lutz    (Germany)

We travelled from Athens to Vienna 10/9/2013. While the flight felt safe enough, the cabin crew looked tired and disinterested. Packet of dry crackers and drinks (wine or juice and they came around twice, which was good). No TV or entertainment of any kind. Perhaps they are better on long haul flights but this short European flight was nothing special. The Lufthansa connecting flight we took two hours later was a huge improvement.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Gustafsson Magnus    (Sweden)

Vienna to Stockholm, OS317, Saturday August 31, in Economy Class. Flight was fully booked except one seat. I was lucky enough to be placed in this row. I am a SAS Eurobonus Gold member (Star Alliance), but whether my seating had anything to do with this I don't know. The flight was operated by Tyrolean Airways on behalf of Austrian Airlines with an Airbus A319. I was seated on the last row, seat 24A. The leg room was decent and the new Recaro seats are ok but not more. The seats has no head-pillow so you must bring your own to sit comfortable and if you would like to take a nap. There was no food served on this 2 hours flight, only a chocolate biscuit (the type that you buy on the gas station for 0.85 Euros or so). The variety of drinks was however ok and drinks were served two times during the flight. The cabin was neat and tidy and the cabin crew were observant and friendly. Probably better than the average European full-fare airline, but nothing extraordinary.

Austrian Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by S Wilson    (Canada)

IAD-VIE. The flight actually went by very fast with two meal services and comfortable seats enabling me to sleep. I was also surprised by the quality of the food. I will definitely fly with them again.