PAGE loading ... please wait!

Atlas Blue Passenger Reviews and Atlas Blue Customer Trip Reports

No Star Ranking Applied

Add your Atlas Blue Review

Customer Review scoring : Atlas Blue
3.5 out of 10  3.5 out of 10

1 2

ATLAS BLUE STATEMENT

At the end of 2010, the Atlas Blue brand ceased to exist, taken back under the control of parent company airline, Royal Air Maroc

ATLAS BLUE customer review :  14 March 2011 by D Freeman   (UK)

October 2010, Gatwick-Marrakesh, a disaster. Seats had virtually no leg room. Fortunately middle seat in a row of three was empty so we sat diagonally which helped a little. Crew morose and only ever smiled or conversed with Arabic passengers. Food wasn't that bad. Return flight was delayed over three hours with changing reasons for the delay every hour. Was given a bottle of water but made to feel like a leper when collecting it via a complimentary chit from an airport outlet. Noticed that the Paris flight was similarly delayed but those passengers were given a full meal voucher. Eventually took off in a Royal Air Maroc plane which was at least configured for people with legs so there was some leg room. Crew were slightly warmer to non Arabic passengers and food the same as the outward flight. Not surprised at the demise of Atlas Blue. Royal Air Maroc must be running scared now that BA has a direct flight to Marrakesh.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 26 January 2010 by K Baker

4 Star Rating

Marrakesh to Gatwick; check-in went smoothly. Asked agent for window seat and she was kind enough to offer exit row seat for greater leg room. Flight departed on time, and oddly plane had only about a dozen passengers for this 7:30am departure. Light meal offered included yoghurt, croissant, and roll.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 28 October 2009 by Ian Basnett

4 Star Rating

London Gatwick and return from Marrakech. Our flights were both on time and without incident. The check ins were fast and efficient with pleasant enough staff. The inflight meals were adequate, no worse that some other airlines and a bonus considering the low cost of the ticket. Leg room is restricted, and was a bit bewildered on the return flight that virtually all passengers were allocated seats in the rear of the aircraft when the front 10 rows were almost empty. But would fly with them again.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 24 October 2009 by M Larsson

2 Star Rating

LGW-Marrakech. 90min delay on the way to Marrakech and 20 min delay on the way back. The planes are disgusting, almost to the extent that I didn't want to sit down. Stained seats, toilets that clearly hadn't been cleaned for a while and the seat the most cramped I've sat in. Grumpy looking staff. Safety at Marrakech Menara needs to be increased though, they scan your carry on luggage but no one was actually monitoring the scanner monitors.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 19 October 2009 by D Roberts

4 Star Rating

Atlas Blue were fine out of Gatwick to Fez on 21 Sept. returning Marrakesh to Gatwick two weeks later. They were on time, the staff were reasonably personable, the seats were rather cramped, and the food was average. But it is reliability that concerns me most and they were perfect on this score.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 12 August 2009 by D Meguettef

1 Star Rating

We flew Atlas Blue on 20th July - or rather we didn't because we had a 16-hour delay due to strike action! No-one bothered to tell us this before or during check-in, there was no airline rep available to ask what was happening, and no information or announcements. When we finally left the next day, the flight crew were unhelpful and the food was inedible. If you're thinking of booking with Atlas Blue - don't do it!

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 3 August 2009 by P Moriarty

1 Star Rating

Do not fly with this airline unless you do not mind delays, no explanations, rudeness, disregard for safety etc. Absolute waste of money try other routes if trying to get to Fez from LGW. They claim to be cheap but in reality you end up paying more for food, medication and making up for lost connections. Its a wonder they are still trading considering the number of delays they make the customer bear. I wish I had never heard of this dreadful service and so do my children.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 2 August 2009 by K Stevens

1 Star Rating

A dreadful service. Flew out from LGW - delayed 3 hours no explanation. My husband flew out 2 weeks later and same thing happened! Coming back 31 July delayed at FEZ for 3 hours, food on plane was disgusting - even one of the crew warned us not to eat it. Having arrived at LGW had to wait for 1 hour for our luggage to be offloaded, which meant we missed our connection home. Never, never, never again.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 27 June 2009 by V Hawker

1 Star Rating

We also had a bad experience with Atlas Blue and would not fly with them again, unless we had no commitments and did mind excessive flight delays. Our flight from Fes to London Gatwick was delayed by 6 hours and then cancelled, with no clarity from staff about why it was cancelled and whether they would even fly us out the next day. The hotel arranged by Atlas Blue was pretty average, and they wouldn't even cover phone or internet costs so we could inform our families and employers we wouldn't be back for at least another 18 hours. When we finally got on the plane, the flight and staff were the same as any airline and I have no complaints about the flight itself. However, from talking to hotel staff and locals, it sounded like Atlas Blue regularly delay and cancel flights, so suggest people bear this in mind when booking flights.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 9 June 2009 : by Anna-Louise Jones

4 Star Rating

return flight to Marrakech from Gatwick. The outward flight left a little later than scheduled but arrived on time. The return flight departure was delayed by an hour but this was because of heavy traffic over Gatwick and therefore outside of the airline's control. I thought the flight attendants were pleasant enough. I would agree that the legroom is very limited, and this is exacerbated if the person in front decides to recline their seat. I arrived at the airport for the return trip far too early (the clocks went forward an hour during my trip and I was concerned this might not have been taken into account on the return departure time); however one of the airport staff opened the desk to enable me to check-in there and then - which enabled me to reserve a seat with extra leg-room (at no extra charge). In conclusion, I would more than likely book with them again.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 5 June 2009 : by J Lesar

1 Star Rating

Terrible - avoid like the plague. Our flight was delayed overnight due to the pilot being ill, crew tiredness and/or technical faults with the plane. I am still not sure which of these excuses applied and all three were offered to us interchangeably by ground staff in Fez. No one seemed able to assist, no one seemed to know when or indeed if we would leave! We did take off the next day but I have yet to receive any sort of explanation from Atlas Blue. More annoyingly, our tickets were not cheap and were bought from Royal Air Maroc! I would not fly with Atlas Blue again even if a ticket were given to me for free!

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 1 June 2009 : by S Collier

1 Star Rating

Avoid Atlas Blue at all costs. Being a low cost airline is no excuse besides it cost me 170 per ticket to fly with them which is hardly low cost! I flew to Fez from Gatwick. The outbound flight was delayed by 5 hours. Apparantly the original pilot was sick and they therefore had to find a replacement. Atlas Blue did not have any representatives at Gatwick and there was a severe lack of information in regard to the delay. Coming back the flight was delayed by an 1.5 hours. The check in staff at Fez were useless. They had to write out the boarding cards by hand and each passport number by hand and needless to say check in took forever. Also the seats were not allocated out of Fez but this should not be a problem as the flights seem to be half full as nobody wants to travel with them. That is the only plus! The flight crew are rude, cannot add up and will try to overcharge you if you purchase from the trolley. They also have the poorest grasp of english I have ever encountered for a flight crew that fly to the UK. This is surprising as the english spoken by the shop traders in the medina in Fez is excellent and they can also add up with speed and accuracy. Perhaps they should recruit their staff from there!

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 18 May 2009 : by Monica Perez

1 Star Rating

I would NOT recommend Royal Air Maroc / Atlas Blue to anybody. It's a total waste of money and time! We had booked our flights with Royal Air Maroc online. The flight turned to be operated by Atlas Blue without any indication of it in the site or the tickets. We were on our way to spend 4 days in Marrakech and ended up spending as much time in airports as in Morocco itself. Both on the way there and back we were stranded at the airport for 7-8 hours - overnight! Of course, with no information and no ground staff (they all disappeared after check-in). We found Atlas Blue offices in Marrakech airport and went to file a complaint. We were told by the arrogant employee that the huge delays were normal and happened everyday. Apparently, they had several technical problems in the last two months and did not have enough planes to do all the routes. To top it all, when we finally took off we had an unplanned stopover in Tangier (although it was supposed to be direct flight) to pick up other people that were stranded there. Of course, all this without any explanation, apology or whatsoever.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 7 May 2009 : by A Sayers

1 Star Rating

BRU-RAK. Outbound flight from Brussels was okay. The inbound flight from Marrakech was terrible. Staff at check-in desk couldn't find many passengers booking on system even though they had been confirmed by the airline, check-in queues not even laned off for different destinations and seemed that if you tipped the guy pointing in the direction of your desk he would take you to the front! Flight delayed for almost 4hours with no explanation. At one point it looked as though the flight was going to be cancelled. Airline provided a complimentary drink in the terminal from their service trolley which did nothing to help with the delay. Once boarded the flight was held on the runway for another 1/2 hour. Staff very unhelpful and preferred to hide behind curtain at front of aircraft. If you can put up with the cheaper price, poor service and the unknown of whether your flight will actually go ahead then use this airline, otherwise seek another route. I will not use this airline again due to this experience. I would prefer to take 2 flights rather then risk being stranded at the airport.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 16 April 2009 : by Gillian Price

2 Star Rating

The outgoing flight made on the 30th March left and arrived on time which was obviously a 'no frills' service but there was plenty of room on the plane, despite the sullen staff we were keen to start our holiday. The return journey was much worse, there was a 2.5 hour delay without any explanation. We were given a free cup of water on this flight but the airline staff were still quite sullen.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 29 March 2009 : by B Schupp

4 Star Rating

Our return flight GVA-Marrakech was almost 25% cheaper than Easyjet, you get reserved seats, flights were on time, service OK. Only negative point was the extremely limited legroom on the outbound flight (we were travelling with child + baby!!). Obviously not the best airline in the world, but then again you get what you paid for. Certainly not the worst low-cost airline in the world.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 4 March 2009 : by Graham Johnson

4 Star Rating

We found our outward flight to Fes and return from Marrakesh a very pleasant experience. Both flights staffed by courteous and helpful crews and planes were clean and arrived punctually. The only slight criticism we have is that information was delivered by the Moroccan staff speaking too quickly, so that it was very difficult to understand them. However, we shall use Atlas Blue again.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 4 March 2009 : by R Quintavalle

1 Star Rating

Marrakech to Paris Orly. Worst flight I've been on. Very cramped and dirty seats. And seriously unfriendly staff who spent most of the time shut behind a curtain at the front of the plane eating chocolates. They pretended the toilet was out of order so that no passengers would come and disturb them. We had a lovely time in Morocco and the people we met were all so friendly and helpful that I don't know where Atlas Blue get their staff from (or how they treat them to make them behave like that). We booked our flight Paris-Marrakech-Paris through Royal Air Maroc so I would advise any passengers doing likewise to check whether the flight in question is with RAM or Atlas Blue. And to avoid the latter like the plague.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 3 March 2009 : by M Michel

2 Star Rating

RAK to ORY in a very old A321. A really cramped seat. FA's hide behind their curtain at the front and at the back during the flight. Turbulence and nobody checked the cabin! The only good surprise for a low cost airline was this small and cold meal offer since last week on the flights between Paris and Marrakech.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 5 November 2008 : by M Offord

1 Star Rating

We flew back from Marrakech yesterday morning. Atlas Blue is a no frills airline and gosh, did it show! After 5 days in Marrakech where almost everyone is polite and keen to help, we thought that we were actually disturbing the crew's early morning social gathering: our ticket was "checked" as we stepped on board whilst 3 crew members carried on chatting away with a colleague. Safety measures were dealt with in less than 3 mins: no warning they were going to give us any - the air hostess looked so bored, it was unbelievable. Take off more or less on time, then when you would expect to be able to buy a drink/food, the curtain at the front remained resolutely shut and one could smell toasts being made and drinks being poured - accompanied for lots of laughs! A couple of passengers wanted to use the toilets at the front but were very categorically told to use the toilets at the back. Obviously breakfast is sacred on the other side of the curtain. Needless to say that the crew remained oblivious that there were paying passengers on board the aircraft until after landing. Whilst we were not expecting a 5* service despite the fact that our seats were not cheap, what I cannot accept is the rudeness of the staff and their complete lack of professionalism when it comes to safety issues. Needless to say that we shall never use Atlas Blue again as we have no faith in their ability to cope in case of emergency. And a smile is not that much and can make such a big difference!

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 3 October 2008 : by Peter Baker

4 Star Rating

Marrakech- London Gatwick. Aircraft was on time, half full. An easy No Frills experience as was the flight out last week. I am quite pleased with the service received and will use Atlas Blue again.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 12 September 2008 : by P Pickering

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Travelled to and from Gatwick-Marakech in August. Did not expect too much and as expected actual departure times at both ends were one hour later than quoted. oth flights departed more or less on time and therefore arrived on time. I make many flights each year with other low cost carriers and given that you are afforded the luxury of allocated seats with Atlas Blue (a bonus when travelling with a family group) I would compare them favourably with some of the others.

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 2 September 2008 : by A Idiry

1 Star Rating

Today is the second time within 10 days that I have been delayed by over 4 hrs with Atlas Blue. Unfortunately having to buy a new connecting flight to Glasgow with no place to complain to the airline in Gatwick. Living in Marrakech, I would be very surprised that there is a way of complaining there either. If anyone has sucCessfully claimed from this airline I would like to know of contact details ?

ATLAS BLUE customer review : 30 July 2008 : by Naomi Hone

Customer Rating : 0/5

0 Star Rating

Quite possibly the worst airline in the world for customer services. I was on the same flight as Linda Gray on July 8th and I have yet to establish contact with anyone from Atlas Blue with regards to my insurance claim for the missed day at work and the additional expenses caused by our delay. Wouldn't fly with them again if they offered me a free flight.

1 2

ATLAS BLUE customer reviews, compare Atlas Blue passenger reviews, Atlas Blue passenger opinions standards