ASKY Airlines Passenger Reviews and ASKY Airlines Customer Trip Reports

ASKY Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by Pattison Richard    (UK)

Not very good. The flight from Accra to Lome was late. My flight from Lome to Adoula was cancelled. Very poor information from airline management at Lome. No information as to when our flight from Lome to Aduola would be going ahead. In the end we were woken up at 3am in our hotel and told to check out at 4am. Unfortunately the airport at Lome didn't open till 5am so I and everybody else sat around until then. Still when the flight took off we got to Adoula in reasonable time. There seems to be some issues with management control/ passenger information that seriously need addressing.

ASKY Airlines Customer review :  13 November 2013 by R Hardwich    (South Africa)

Travelled on ASKY from Douala-Bangui. I asked to see my bag prior to it being loaded to verify it was actually there. I was able to see my bag however when I arrived in Bangui I found out it was not loaded along with other passengers baggage. I was told this was because the flight was too full and the baggage was offloaded due to weight. Despite numerous phone calls and emails I still not have received my bag. ASKY agents have shown no interest whatsoever, I arrived in Bangui with no other clothing. The flight was booked through Ethiopian Airlines as they claim to be "partners", Ethiopian said they cannot help once ASKY receive the bag. I would not recommend this airline to anyone, they are arrogant and have no customer service at all!

ASKY Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2013 by David Stanley    (UK)

Douala to Accra via Lome. No real problems at check in, just had to pay a little for excess baggage which was mercifully cheap. The only problem was finding the departure gate, which was right at the end of the right arm. It looked closed until you navigated round a few doors. The flight left a little early. The aircraft for this leg into Lome was a new Q400. Basic snack was provided on what was a short flight. Lome was chaos - the airport is just not big enough to act as any sort of hub, as it does for ASKY. So I only just made the connecting flight after all the queues. This time, a new 737 for the 20 minute hop down to Accra. Again no problems with this leg. Overall a pretty good experience - they just need to sort out Lome. There is some construction work going on nearby, so maybe that will be resolved.

ASKY Airlines Customer review :  6 December 2012 by Liz Peloso    (Canada)

I travelled Ghana to Freetown on ASKY. There were delays leaving Accra- but in Africa this is usually expected. On my return trip- from Freetown to Accra, I arrived at the airport almost 3 hours early to find out - from the security guard - that the flight did not come in the night before so the flight was cancelled. No ASKY agent was there at that time, so I waited, more people showed up for the flight, and they actually called their travel agent who called ASKY and said the flight was cancelled. They just booked on another airline and left. I purchased my ticket through Ethiopian Air and did not have any contact details (there are no phone numbers on the web site or anything). So I waited at the airport for an ASKY rep to tell me what to do and when the next flight would be. I waited until after my flight should have departed. Having no money, and the hotels not taking credit cards, I could not stay overnight to try the next day. Plus I missed my connection in Accra. So I had to purchase a British air flight to get home. Paying for a new ticket and forfeiting both my return ASKY flight as well as my flight home to Canada from Ghana. Once home, I had my colleagues in get me contact info for ASKY. I emailed them, and followed up with a phone call - I was told to contact my travel agent. I called Ethiopia air- and they said they have nothing to do with it. I have emailed ASKY numerous times, no response.I highly recommend no one use this airline.

ASKY Airlines customer review :  26 February 2011 by S Bryant   (UK)

A great little airline launched recently in Togo with the backing of Ethiopian Airlines. The return journey from Banjul to Freetown was made as straightforward as possible by Asky, who laid on the connecting bus and fast ferry as part of the ticket costs from the strangely located Lungi Airport on one side of the wide river estuary to Freetown on the other. Not all the airlines flying into Freetown do this, so full marks to Asky. The flights were really smooth in good aircraft with courteous and helpful cabin crew. A very welcome discovery and an airline that I'm busily recommending now to friends and colleagues in Banjul & Freetown.