PAGE loading ... please wait!

Arkefly Customer Reviews and Arkefly Passenger Trip Reports

ArkeFly customer travel guide

ArkeFly Passenger Trip Reviews

ArkeFly 3-Star Airline Ranking

ArkeFly Aircraft Seat Plans

ArkeFly Economy Class seat reviews

Arkefly Customer review :  18 September 2014 by S Rossi    (Netherlands)

Comfort

I flew from Schiphol to Jamaica with ArkeFly. The aircraft was old, dirty and noisy. There was minimal legroom which can make a long haul flight very uncomfortable. But the worst part was the flight attendants, never have I ever met so many rude flight attendants during one flight. As a passenger you are expected to feel very sorry that you came to disturb the flight attendants during their flight. If you ask for pillow or blanket, all you get back is very rude words and eye-rolling, you don't feel like a paying customer at all. Also the flight attendants didn't speak English even when I told them that I don't understand Dutch. Unfortunately I cannot recommend ArkeFly to anyone.

Arkefly Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J de Graaff    (Netherlands)

Star

Flew Amsterdam - Aruba - Amsterdam (OR363 and OR 364) in July 2014. The outbound flight was on one of the old 767-300's, a noticeably old and used aircraft (approx. 25 y/o). The seats in economy provide just enough legroom, and you indeed have to pay for everything. Since the flight was only around €50 cheaper than the KLM alternative I would not recommend this one, especially due to the old and noisy aircraft, the charter flight customers (many crying children), and relatively inattentive crew. However, the return flight was a brand new 787 Dreamliner aircraft, in which I chose to fly Star Class. The difference is huge. The aircraft is quiet, spacious, and the seats and service in Star Class are much like Business Class with other premium airlines. You pay €270 for an upgrade, which is decent value for money. All in all, I would only fly Arkefly (long distance) again, if it would be in the 787.

Arkefly Customer review :  27 August 2014 by F Mohammed    (Canada)

Flight # 396/395: We flew from Toronto to Amsterdam in August. The flight was terrible. We requested 3 vegetarian meals. We did not get our vegan meal until our return to Toronto, and to add insult to injury, they provided only two meals. Then the steward decided to inform me it was my fault I did not order for 3 passengers. I have proof the request was made for three passengers. Instead of apologizing for the error they diverted the error onto me. For a 10 hour flight and for the price I paid I expected better food, drink and entertainment. I'll never recommend Arkefly.

Arkefly Customer review :  24 March 2014 by C Reid    (Netherlands)

OR365, 27/2/14. OR366, 13/3/14. We flew from Amsterdam to Bonaire in March 2014. The flight itself was ok, but for the price we paid we expected better food and drink than we received. For the 10 hour overnight return flight we waited 2 hours for a small dinner (without drinks service in between) including one tea/coffee/juice. That was it! The only other drinks service was in the morning (2 hours before landing while most people were still asleep) where we had to pay for tea or coffee! We also had to pay extra for the Entertainment system, which had a very poor selection.

Arkefly Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Conrad Kickert    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Flew Amsterdam - Orlando - Miami. There are many signs that Arkefly is simply not a proper airline, but just a charter operator. It goes beyond the nickle and diming that other airlines do, although Arkefly takes it to a new level. The fun started a day before flying: a text message that the plane would be departing two hours late. On with the seat assignments: you have to pay for those, and in a strange move, you can't check in online unless you paid for a seat. At the check-in counter, they had to call operations for a half hour to get me a seat, only for me to find out on the plane it didn't exist. The other thing I found is that the plane was quite old (no proper overhead luggage storage) and seats were cramped, old and hard as a rock. Charter flight, so lots of really loud crying kids. Up to you if you mind. I flew economy comfort, leg room is pretty good. As others mention, everything has to be paid for except one meal and drink. No complaints there, I knew that was the case and I feel that prices were reasonable. By the way, don't bother to pay for IFE, the selection is pretty useless. Less palatable was the fact that we were significantly delayed due to two passengers being not being admitted to the US at Orlando (stopover en-route to Miami), who were promptly put back on the plane to fly to Miami and onward to Amsterdam. If Arkefly would do passengers pre-checks in Amsterdam like grown-up airlines, this wouldn't have happened.

Arkefly Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Scott Sumo    (Netherlands)

Comfort

It is a terrible airline. I flew from Amsterdam to Sanford, Orlando. The seats were just terrible. You have to pay for everything. I flew comfort and I expected to have more extras then economy but it was just the same. You only get one meal and water. If you would like a snack or just a coke, you will pay for it. I couldn't sit properly in my seat I had to turn myself and lay on my side. Because otherwise I would have been seated at my fellow passengers lap. I do not recommend this airline. And please do not consider to upgrade your flight it isn't worth it. The crew is very unprofessional and will help you with nothing. It's all self service.

Arkefly Customer review :  28 October 2013 by L Berg    (Netherlands)

Orlando Sanford - Amsterdam, September 27 2013. We flew back to Amsterdam with a 767-300 with winglets. The service on board of the personnel is professional. Legroom in Economy too. We reserved seats in the middle row, they have the same leg room as economy comfort, the latter is more expensive and has nothing more to offer than economy. The problem with this airline is not the legroom, but the seat width. 16" is way too narrow for such a long flight. We, two adult males (5'11") who sport a lot, not overweight, sat shoulder to shoulder. We had to move our body the whole time because the seats are extremely narrow. People at the window seats had less legroom, but can rest against the window so they had more comfort. The narrow seats made the flight very tiring and stressing. We knew Arkefly is cheap, but we didn't expect this. They cram one extra seat in width, so instead of a normal 2-3-2 you get a 2-4-2 A330/787 setup in a narrow 767. Together with having to pay for every drink or additional food, this made a very uncomfortable flight. Even the coffee had to be paid for, only water was for free, but that tap was next to the toilets and looked dirty with calcium attached. So despite the professionalism of the cabin crew, we will never ArkeFly again. We read somewhere Arke is going to cram also an extra seat in de 787 like this. Their 787 goes from 2-4-2 to 3-3-3 777 setup. Horrible! In the end, with paying extra for drinks and food and reserving a seat, we were better off with United or Delta.

Arkefly Customer review :  9 July 2013 by T Welten    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Flight Amsterdam - Kos. I booked premium comfort class. Because of technical problems they changed planes. I didn't get the premium comfort extra's I had paid for. They had no solutions with a bad service.

Arkefly Customer review :  12 June 2013 by J Murphy    (USA)

Comfort

Definitely the worst option. No frills works for flights less than 2 hours only. Transatlantic on an older, smaller plane, with very limited entertainment and food options is not worth the savings. By the time you pay for all the luggage fees, seat fees and food/entertainment your savings go from $200 to $100 (approx). Also, you won't get any miles on your credit card or miles on your preferred airline because they only accept wire transfers! Forget to mention that the wire costs are $40-$50.

Arkefly Customer review :  18 February 2013 by B Sandy    (Germany)

This airline is the worst for transatlantic flights in my opinion. I took a flight to Natal, Brazil this February. The airline charges for everything, €10 for a personal entertainment kit (otherwise no TV for 9.5 hours!), €25 to be able to get an assigned seat, €3,50 for a Coca Cola, only water, coffee and tea is free of charge. No blanket, only one meal served. I don't have a problem with airlines charging for extras - what Arkefly calls extras would be included standard in every other transatlantic airline. Furthermore the seats are terrible, I booked their Comfort Class which is just as small as economy in any other airline. No priority boarding etc, the only extra I got was a €1 headphone to listen to the radio. I personally think that Arkefly uses the same planes as they would on a flight within Europe. Those are just not up to standard if you have a 9.5 hrs flight to Brazil!

Arkefly customer review :  12 December 2012 by M Feldman    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Went to Miami with Arkefly. Premium Comfort, was good for the price, back home comfort class was also good and no delays. I read all the reviews and was nervous, but everything was fine. It's not very expensive, so don't expect too much.

Arkefly customer review :  25 November 2012 by T Salesman    (Netherlands)

Flight to Hurghada with a stop in Sharm el Sheikh. With a 737-800 in sardine configuration the flight was terrible, no space for your legs and seats recline no more than about 2 cms. If you are over 1.70m this is extremely tight and for a flight of 5 hours that is just not acceptable. On the return flight from Hurghada (which was delayed for more then an hour) we paid 6 Euros per person to book a seat which we found was already occupied by people that got onboard in Sharm el Sheikh. Not even offered a free drink for the delay. Never again. Food and drinks are limited and overpriced and comfort and premium comfort classes are a joke on 737's.

Arkefly customer review :  14 November 2012 by Marcel Karsten    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Amsterdam to Mombasa. Paid extra for comfort class and was given the row in front of the emergency exit where the seats could not recline at all. Therefore even worse comfort than sitting in economy class.

Arkefly customer review :  26 October 2012 by T Bos    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Since the Star class was changed into Premium Comfort the level went down dramatically, less space between the chairs, much smaller seats. Especially on long haul it is two steps back, but price is almost the same level. Staff friendly and helpful.On European flights the additional money between comfort class and premium comfort is a waste.

Arkefly customer review :  24 September 2012 by A Verrall    (Belgium)

Flew from AMS to Aruba, still have to make the return flight Monday, not looking forward to this at all - although at least we have comfort class for the return flight-Row 27. Arrived at Schipol early to avoid traffic delays etc could not check bags in despite already having checked in online, once at boarding gate no system, no control, just a big mess. On the plane we had the last row of seats, these hardly reclined at all with little room in front this was no fun for 10 hours. Paid online in advance for entertainment, yet had to wait for more than an hour for it to be turned on due to our last row seat - choice of films not good at all. Crew very overworked and did not care at all. Gangway between seats so narrow that if you sat in aisle seat you had constant knocks from crew or passengers walking up and down. No mention that flight would stop in Curacel then got turfed off the plane, had to go through customs then queue again to get back on-free seating for this last part of the flight also. Storage was poor on lockers, had one of bags placed at the other end of the plane and due to narrow aisle was very hard to get to as the aisle blocked by staff So for the return lest hope Comfort class and row 21 proves better? Thinking of upgrade to Premium Comfort but not sure it is worth it?

Arkefly customer review :  5 September 2012 by W Pechler    (Netherlands)

Comfort

Used ArkeFly for two holidays this year: Las Palmas, Gran Canaria in May and Mombasa, Kenya in August/September. To Gran Canaria was a very pleasant flight, we unexpectedly all had an own personal entertainment screen in the headrest and on our return journey too. Therefore we expected to have them on our 11 hour long intercontinental flight to Mombasa, but surprisingly we did not, real letdown. Our seats (row 15 before the emergency exits) were said to have 'limited reclining capability' but they did in fact not move one inch at all on the journey there, they did recline a bit on our red-eye back. We flew comfort class, which is really worth the additional charge (15EUR per person per flight). The 8 centimetres extra are the difference between sleeping fairly comfortably or cramped, and the night comfort kit really helped me get some rest. Out of the 4 flights 1 was delayed, but it was only a little over an hour and they caught up a with quite a few of the lost minutes. Clean planes, easy self service luggage check-in, friendly staff, reasonable prices for airplane food and always good landings, so I'd use them again.

Arkefly customer review :  8 August 2012 by A Delft    (Netherlands)

Comfort

We used Arkefly twice this year departing from Amsterdam: once to Curacao return, and once to Antalya, Turkey return. Out of the 4 flights, 3 were great and one really bad. The intercontinental flights and one flight AMS-Antalya: enough space in the airplane, friendly staff and service quite good (despite the plane being 100% full on both flights). Limited choice Inflight Entertainment (IFE) but one could find something to watch. Food usual plane stuff, one meal free, extras with payment. Departure times perfectly respected, smooth landing. No complaints. We flew comfort class. We loved the facility of being able to check in our luggage from the long term parking building. Brilliant idea, thank you. No waiting lines, no carrying luggage to the departure desk. Last flight Antalya-AMS: not enough leg space, tiniest airplane ever, we flew packed. No food or drinks for free. NO IFE. Departure times respected. All in all: would fly again intercontinental, would hesitate a bit for short distance flights.

Arkefly customer review :  27 June 2012 by L Hackl    (Germany)

Comfort

AMS to MIA on 6/18/12. I didn't know this airline before and I was a little concerned. They upgraded me for EUR 96 to their comfort premium class. Everybody was very friendly and professional, the 767 was very clean, excellent food and service. I'm very impressed and I'm looking forward to my flight back to AMS.

Arkefly customer review :  16 May 2012 by L Ruiter    (Netherlands)

Star

They have a new policy that no seat must be left empty, yet their planes have rows of 3 seats. So if you are travelling with a group of 2, you are not allowed to sit next together as long as there are free single places, or you are willing to pay 100 euros extra. There is nothing premium about their premium class. Unfortunately if you are flying from The Netherlands, you have no other option for most tourist locations.

Arkefly customer review :  21 March 2012 by V van den Berg    (USA)

Comfort

They charge for everything and notify you of additional stops after you book. It made things extremely difficult with a 2 year old. I had to pick up luggage upon arrival in the US and recheck it for the remainder of the flight. My purchased seats were not available to Amsterdam. The reason I paid extra for seats was to be close to toilets with my son. On the return to Miami, we were given the wrong gate number and no priority (toddler) boarding. Staff were very rude.

Arkefly customer review :  6 March 2012 by M Massini    (Netherlands)

Star

Unfortunately Star Class has been replaced by so called 'Premium Class'. Flying from AMS to Natal/BRA return it was not a good experience. Seats are small and uncomfortable, food very average and full plane had to do with 3 toilets. There was one near the 'premium' area that resulted in continuous queues of waiting travelers in the aisle. Flying back my partner and I wanted to ensure seats near one another and for that we had to pay extra! The service level does not at all equal Star class. I need to look for another airline flying NL-Brasil.

Arkefly customer review :  27 January 2012 by R Dijo    (Netherlands)

MIA to AMS Jan 2012 on B767. Very good service onboard, flight was on time. We had severe turbulence on this flight and I expected a remark from the captain at this point. Price/Quality excellent, EUR400.

Arkefly customer review :  23 December 2011 by Stu Stanton    (UK)

Flew back from Barbados to Newcastle after a Thomson Cruise. This was probably the best Thomson flight we have had, there were complimentary drinks, entertainment, newspapers, etc and I have to say the food provided was good by airline standards. The plane was a 767 and probably only a couple of years old. I would have given 10 for satisfaction if it had not been for a 2 hour delay.

Arkefly customer review :  29 November 2011 by Tom Bisignano    (USA)

Star Class

I flew from Orlando to Amsterdam in premium comfort class. The flight was actually pretty good. It was on time, convenient, priced right, service was good and the food not too bad. If you compare it to the major long haul carriers ie Delta, Lufthansa, Virgin etc you will find some areas that do not compare..ie the seats only recline they do not lie flat, no power for computers, older planes and basic service is offered not over the top like some carriers. I would recommend this carrier as a low cost alternative to the big airline companies.

Arkefly customer review :  14 October 2011 by I Bekking    (Curacao)

Star Class

CUR-AMS-CUR Premium Comfort Class, worth the extra EURO 200. 2x3x2 seats configuration instead of 2x4x2 (on B767). Enough legroom. Only 5 rows with own cabin staff. Welcome drink, 2 good meals, snack, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks included. One minus: even though the distance between the seats is big, the seats cannot recline any further than in the other classes.

Arkefly customer review :  25 May 2011 by T Bos    (Netherlands)

Star Class

ArkeFly Star Class to Dominican Republic and to Curacao. The planes are very old and so are the seats. There is space for star class seats and good service compared to price of the ticket. The staff was friendly and helpful.

Arkefly customer review :  28 February 2011 by G Vandenberg    (Canada)

Toronto to Amsterdam return. Bird was caught in engine upon take off. After in the air for 45 minutes to offload fuel, safe landing back at Schiphol. The flight was only delayed four hours. Water served upon landing as we had to wait 30 minutes in the plane. Very impressed with service for such a low cost airline.

Arkefly customer review :  24 February 2011 by G Medds (UK)

Flight from UK to Cancun was throughly unpleasant. Staff with one exception seem to hate their job. Charged extortionate money for everything, takes about 3-4 hours to get a paid for drink. Passengers revolted against entertainment charge of £10 to even watch anything and staff relented and gave it out for free. Took them hours to serve food, we ended up being given kids meals with playing cards - absolutely revolting. Couple behind me on honeymoon, lost their prepaid for premium seating and no one knew anything about a bottle of champagne they had ordered. Stock line of staff was to blame Thomas Cook.

Arkefly customer review :  21 February 2011 by L Lemmens (Netherlands)

Flight to Curacao in economy class. I never had such a bad flight with unfriendly staff. The one free meal was bad, for the rest you have to pay. Seat was very narrow. For me,never again with Arkefly.

Arkefly customer review :  11 February 2011 by W Nieuw (Netherlands)

Comfort

CUR-AMS comfort class, on B767. Seat very narrow and no support. Legroom ok. Food, one free meal, was really bad and a small portion - no salad or desert or bread roll. Seat was not working, would not recline! Nothing could be done, staff did not seem to care. All other food and drink for sale during the flight - quality of food again pretty low. Staff friendly but goes thru the motions.

Arkefly customer review :  7 January 2011 by K Dubik   (Netherlands)

Comfort

Amsterdam-Cancun (stopover Varadero). The trip started with a delay of already 3.5 hrs. Once in the air, service not too friendly. Food very poor quality (one meal free, one drink free, I took 1 litre of water extra with me), seats very cramped even in 'Comfort' Class - comfort, that's a joke!. In Cuba it became clear that there was something wrong with the engine - 'Don't worry, it's totally safe to fly on to Cancún, but regulations make us perform a repair' - you don't feel very safe when they say this. We got off the plane and spent a couple of hrs. at the airport - good cheap beer and cigars. We left Cuba with a total of 5.5.hrs delay. 'To make up for the delay, we offer all passengers a free cup of water' the purser said - very funny, and of course totally inadequate.

Arkefly customer review :  8 December 2010 by David Powell   (UK)

Holguin to Gatwick - told 5 days before return flight that the plane would be Arkefly with no Premium facilities which I had booked. The seats were thin and uncomfortable, the food was indescribably bad and I ended up facing a bulkhead - despite reassurance from the Thomson rep that this would not happen. The plane was delayed 6 hours leaving us to sweat it out in Holguin airport with only a soft drink and cheese or ham roll (no butter) for sustenance. The crew were surly and unhelpful and tv monitors showed two films either side of an hour long programme about a Dutch chef.

Arkefly customer review :  23 October 2010 by Christian Stoever   (Germany)

Comfort

Amsterdam to Cancun via Holguin/Cuba. Very cheap upgrade from Economy Class to Comfort Class. Worn out seats, but offering extra legroom and moveable headrests. Crew very friendly. On the downside, only radio channels are free - no video entertainment on main screens. But you could rent a DVD-player for 12 Euro extra, total rip off! Also, only one meal with drinks after take-off is for free, after that, everything except water has to be paid for. Arkefly is a good company, but this pay-for-everything extra, like low cost, model is not working on long haul flights.

Arkefly customer review :  10 July 2010 by D Bockkom   (Netherlands)

Comfort

Amsterdam to Jerez de la Frontera in Comfort Class. Very comfortable charter flight in brand new B737-800, strictly on time. Friendly crew. Service not included, not cheap of course but reasonably priced. Would recommend this charter airline.

Arkefly customer review : 12 April 2010 by E le Couvreur

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star rating

Amsterdam-Bonaire return in Comfort Class. We have checked-in online, so supposed to just drop off our bags at a special desk. Arkefly makes a mess of thnigs. There is no drop off point and we have to get in line with all the other passengers for three different flights. Only three positions open. Aircraft is worn, tv screens do not work properly. Service friendly, but mediocre. Almost everything, but the one evening meal has to paid for. Food is extremely bad. Wine is awful. We paid specifically for seats with extra leg room. After a short lay over on Curaçao. The seating becomes free for the passengers that have to get off at the next stop Bonaire, so we loose our seats for the last half hour of our flight.

Arkefly customer review : 21 July 2009 : by M Bakker

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star rating

Holland to Jamaica return in Star Class, Arkefly's equivalent of Business Class. Both flights departed over 2.5 hours late, our seats still had the previous passenger's meal remainders. Planes are very, very old. Staff friendly, food is average, but reasonable for charter. We wouldn't fly this airline again.