PAGE loading ... please wait!

Air Arabia Passenger Reviews and Air Arabia Customer Trip Reports

Air Arabia Customer review :  28 October 2014 by P Oleksandr    (Ukraine)

Flight G9301 at 14.25, 11th October 2014 from Kiev to Sharjah was delayed for 20 hours due to technical problems with aircraft. All passengers were seated at the aircraft during 5 hours without any food at all! We got beverages twice only. During that passengers had to listen to captain's promises about departure every 20 minutes each hour. Before flight cancellation captain told the passengers that the aircraft was fixed and ready to fly but the crew were out of hours. After disembarkation baggage claim procedure was unorganized and horrible. We spent a night at the hotel and departed the next morning.

Air Arabia Customer review :  22 January 2014 by Saad Laraqui    (UK)

London Gatwick to Casablanca, Flight 30106, 30105, 11/1/2014, 18/1/2014. I was very disappointed to hear from the crew that the airline did not supply them with any copies of the on board sky cafe menu or food menu. The only thing we were been offered to buy or eat was a choice of disgusting chicken or cheese sandwiches! During our return and only 20 minutes before landing that my daughter found a copy of the menu under her seat, full of delicious hot and cold meals, snacks, pastries, candies and drinks that were all available but hidden from passengers!

Air Arabia Customer review :  17 September 2013 by D Graubard    (USA)

A320 flight, Sharjah-Yanbu (Saudi Arabia) on 16 Sept. Great flight. Check-in was easy and agent offered me a pass to the Biz Lounge for AED 100 with food, wifi, drinks. Lounge was nice but wifi didn't work - not a big deal. Flight boarded via bus so nice to walk up the plane. Flight attendants very friendly - speaking 8 languages so very diverse. Safety video is the best ever! All done with children so you really want to watch and pay attention. Ordered a turkey sandwich which was large and very tasty. Smooth flight and landed 10 min early. Really enjoyed the airline and flight.

Air Arabia Customer review :  21 February 2013 by I Siddiq    (Saudi Arabia)

30 January to 01 February. Jeddah - Sharjah - Jeddah. Reservation completed online with no difficulty. As a LCC, Air Arabia offers free carry on luggage and additional checked baggage for SR 50. Also offered confirmed seat for SR 50. I took the seat confirmation on both legs. Did not take advantage of the advance purchase meal offer, nor did I purchase anything to eat on the flights. Inflight entertainment on A320 was suitable for a short haul flight. Seats were comfortable and flight attendants professional and efficient. On board sky sales were relatively affordable, but I did not notice any major brand names. Interesting boarding and seating announcements were started while passengers were boarding rather than after the doors had closed. I thought this was a good use of crew time. I have flown Air Arabia Jeddah to Sharjah before and have enjoyed my flights, I prefer the route rather than the Jeddah Dubai flight to avoid the hustle and bustle in Dubai airport. All in all, a very enjoyable trip.

Air Arabia Customer review :  4 February 2013 by Amith Pillai    (UAE)

Trivandrum to Sharjah and return. Being a frequent flyer on this route, in my opinion Air Arabia is one of the best low cost carriers I have flown. Every time the flights were on time, clean and tidy with not so bad seats and leg space. Food available for purchase on board was reasonable and quite good. Overall a very good value for money and a highly dependable airline for sticking on to the schedule every time.

Air Arabia customer review :  16 October 2011 by I Thomas   (UK)

After booking my flight from Casablanca to Gatwick, one month in advance, I discover today that my flight tomorrow has been moved forward 6 hours. Had to get alternative flight on Royal Air Maroc. No reason for alteration of flight time, and no help or suggestions. First time I have booked Air Arabia and the last time.

Air Arabia customer review :  15 October 2011 by R Thomson   (Germany)

Air Arabia from Stuttgart to Marsa Alam and back. Service is pretty much non existEnt, and only a major case of hunger made the onboard meal edible. On the return flight takeoff was delayed about 3 hours, no information as to why was given to us. As this was known well beforehand, we could have remained in our hotels instead of being jammed into the airport at 1 in the morning, then finally boarding the aircraft at 04:30 and sitting on the Tarmac for an hour before takeoff. During this time the crew had better things to do than hand out any water or other liquid refreshment it seems. I shall not be flying with this airline again if I can help it, and shall recommend to all I know that they should avoid it.

Air Arabia customer review :  8 July 2011 by A Mir   (Australia)

Bangalore-Sharjah. Despite leaving at ungodly hours 3.30am in my case this is probably one of my favourite low cost carriers and in my opinion better than some full service airlines that fly from the middle east to India. Plane was clean and service was excellent, plane half empty so had whole row to sleep. Since leaving so early in the morning lights are switched off early, overall happy with the service Air Arabia provides.

Air Arabia customer review :  5 July 2011 by Hugo Stekelenburg   (Morocco)

CMN-BRU. For a LCC Air Arabia has been a welcome surprise. They offer you 20 kg baggage allowance, new airplanes, decent seats and a fresh crew. For a price/quality comparison, they are better than Air Maroc. But their website is often malfunctioning, certain routes are deleted without notice, time tables suddenly change and they often leave at ungodly hours. I'm satisfied with this airline and will keep flying them if they keep their standards to the current level.

Air Arabia customer review :  28 April 2011 by F Gomes   (India)

My wife, my daughter (infant) and son travelled to Goa by Air Arabia - Dammam-Sharjah-Goa. Air Arabia did not provide the Bassinet for my infant even though it was mentioned in the E-ticket. My wife requested the crew to provide the Bassinet but they did not help her to provide this.

Air Arabia customer review :  16 March 2011 by R Numsa   (Malaysia)

Mumbai to Istanbul Sabiha via Sharjah. A320 with comfortable seat, TVs on board for entertainment. The crew was polite and patient. After landing Sharjah I had to wait more than 12 hours for going to Istanbul. Airport is small, but comfortable. I am satisfied with the services of Air Arabia and the cheap flight.

Air Arabia customer review :  21 October 2010 by S Markoff   (Serbia)

Sharjah to Beirut, 55 Euros only. Sharjah airport consistently decaying and becoming more dirty every time. The aircraft this time was quite worn-out and not clean : seats, windows. The major complaint would be the absence of free of charge water such as on some other LCC.

Air Arabia customer review :  18 September 2010 by S Markoff   (Serbia)

Istanbul-Sharjah-Delhi. Excellent experience and fare lower than on standard airlines. Well- designed and clear website. Clean planes and polite crew. Food available for purchase of board at very reasonable rate and of good quality.

AIR ARABIA review :  10 November 2009 : by Laszlo Wagner

Customer Rating : 5/5

5 Star Rating

Istanbul to Casablanca and Casablanca to Barcelona. Both flights went smoothly. No problems checking in, no delays, polite crew. The 20 kg luggage allowance is great for a budget airline, and the fares were very low. Excellent value for money, would fly with them again!

AIR ARABIA review :  28 October 2009 : by R Kesavan

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

I travel Air Arabia frequently Khartoum, Sharjah, Kochi sector and find them very cost effective. No frills good service. Snacks on the flight is good. I would rate them high on the budget sector for service, legroom, good value for money.

AIR ARABIA review :  12 August 2008 : by S Serebryakov

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

Astana-Sharjah-Astana. Aircraft new, clean A320 with all economy cabin. There is no free food but you may choose some sandwiches and drinks for reasonable prices. Food is not good however. However wouldn't recommend to use this airline because of Sharjah airport. The terminal maintained very poorly and very dirty. People sleeping on the floor etc

Air Arabia review by Christopher Alphonso

29 July 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 2 Star Rating

Dep time 9:45pm Mumbai to Sharjah. We boarded the flight and after all the initial talks from the Captain etc, were ready to take off. The captain must have noticed some sparks while taking off and he said that we are going to disembark. All the passengers were made to disembark and nothing else was told to us. We sat in the airport take off lounge waiting for an hour. finally after lots of noise made by the passengers a representative from Air Arabia arrived. She tried to convince the passengers but could not give a proper reply. At around 0030hrs the manager arrived and said that a spare part was coming from Sharjah in the morning flight 4:45am and that the flight was rescheduled to leave at 7am. No other compensation was offered to the customers. Some took the offer to cancel their flight, while the rest who waited in the lounge were stranded without any offer from Air Arabia. Finally at around 3am after much heated discussion, fried rice was offered to all. After that till 7:45am no staff from Air Arabia was present. When they came they again said that the flight was delayed, no breakfast was offered. finally after much arguments we took off around 10.30am a long wait in the airport with no compensation! This experience must have made not only me but all the passenger that waited in that lounge dread flying with Air Arabia again. Everyone present there were hoping that Air Arabia would compensate us with something, but nothing of that sort happened.

Air Arabia review by Chandrasekharan Kumar

17 July 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Sharjah to Muscat return. Flights departed and arrived on time. The flights have good leg space. Food is not served free.Ideal airline for business travellers who have to fly between the GCC countries.

Air Arabia review by T Xia

22 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Sharjah to Muscat 2hrs delayed. Muscat to Sharjah 3.5hrs delayed. Bahrain to Sharjah 2.5 hrs delayed. Air Arabia has very bad on timings performance, therefore if you go for business trip, you should not fly with this airline.

Air Arabia review by Alexandru Dumitru

12 January 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Istanbul to Kathmandu, and Jaipur to Istanbul, I found the service provided by Air Arabia to be efficient, prompt and reliable. No delays, a fair service onboard (with a good selection of snacks at a reasonable price), as well as a quick transfer and 96 hour visa desk. The only problem is that in the evening (around 9-10pm the airport in Sharjah is crowded, with many departures and arrivals. The immigration / security check sections are understaffed for this situation and there can be long queues. Hopefully the airport service will improve. Otherwise, a fair mark for Air Arabia, both for the service quality and for the good coverage of the Middle East & Central Asia.

Air Arabia review by Haseeb Soleja

26 August 2006

It's a boon for business travellers who travel regularly within GCC. Excellent flight timings, friendly staff, on-time departures / arrivals and quality food on board at nominal price makes it ideal in terms of value for money. However the best feature I like of Air Arabia is the convenience of booking on-line from their fantastic web portal.

Air Arabia review by Geoffrey Stevens

18 April 2006

Recently flew from Sharjah to Aqaba to Sharjah for a family weekend in Petra, Jordan. Schedule convenient, flights on time, clean and comfortable aircraft and very friendly cabin crew. On board food can be purchased with a good selection of quality sandwiches at very reasonable prices. Seats have a very good pitch and aircraft on both flights were very new. This airline is expanding in the middle east and I would recommend using them anytime as they are extremely good value for money. Also, Sharjah airport much less congested than nearby Dubai. The whole experience resulted in a great holiday.

Air Arabia review by Vineet Meghrajani

27 January 2006

NAG-SHJ. A320 on this sector having television screens for every 3 rows. Earphones cost Dh 10 on board, but I advise you to bring your walkman earphones and plug them in. The aisle is at least 7 inches wider than a normal A320, and if one person attempts to stow his baggage in the overhead locker, the person behind him can move ahead without any discomfort, and there are no bottlenecks. Seat pitch is good and even a 6ft 2ins person can stretch out comfortably.

Air Arabia review by Stephen Kennedy

2 November 2005

Have flown from Doha to Sharjah quite a few times now and although Air Arabia is an excellent no-frills airline I must comment on the unreliability of the flight times from Doha, on 2 occasions I have had to wait more than 5 hours for my 45 minute flight and have had little help from the ground staff. The last time I flew from Doha on the 13th October and the flight was supposed to be 12.50,we took off at 6.35.After repeatedly asking ground staff what was the hold up, I was told it was "technical" and that it would be sorted in 15 minutes. This went on for more than 5 hours with a whole plane load of passengers wandering around the airport very confused. There is very little trouble at the Sharjah end for departures and arrivals and I just hope that something can be done at the Doha end to avoid any more lengthy delays.

Air Arabia review by Michael Krevet

10 November 2004

For a low cost carrier Air Arabia is an excellent choice to fly within the Middle East and beyond. Fast, efficient check-in in Sharjah, you can show up at the Check-In counter 45 min. before departure, which is impossible in Dubai. Short ways in Sharjah Airport, quite hassle free. New, spotless clean planes, very much on time. I flew Air Arabia 4 times so far, to Kuwait two times, Beirut and Colombo. Very reasonable prices for snacks and drinks, only AED 10 for a large sandwich and AED 4 for a soft drink (US$ 2.50 and 1.00 approx). Very fast internet reservation website, quick and user friendly.

Air Arabia review by G Chew

9 July 2004

Following my flight from SHJ-Beirut, I flew back yesterday from Damascus. The inflight service was just as good, though the aircraft was older. However, the check-in in Damascus was terrible, with all the line for the three desks merging into one big mass of people pushing to get served. I was waiting for over an hour before I got to the counter. I asked for a window, and got a middle seat (they said they had no more windows). I had to wait five minutes before someone could print me out a new boarding pass, and eventually I got an aisle seat. I went to clear immigration, and was told, once i had had my passport stamped that I needed to pay 200Syrian pounds airport tax (mentioned nowhere, even at check-in). I had to go back through security to buy the tax, then go back airside, and push my way through to the front of the immigration queue (I had been queuing at check- in so long, the flight was boarding). Once on the plane, it appeared that the flight was only half full, and I had the entire row to myself, so why they could initially only give me a middle seat, I don't know. Back in Sharjah, the immigration area is confusingly laid out, and getting a queue that moves is pot luck. here again, everyone is pushing to get served. A nightmare on the ground, but great in the air.

Air Arabia review by G Chew

22 June 2004

I recently flew from Sharjah to Beirut. The staff were very friendly, and I was given 11A, an exit seat, so I had a lot of leg room, though all the seats seemed to have buckets of space (more than my previous LH economy flight). The pay-food was good value and tasty, and we landed in Beirut 30 mins early. The attendants came though the cabin twice with free water. The A320 seemed brand new, and was very clean. A great Flight.

Air Arabia review by Lina Sayegh

21 June 2004

I've tried flying with Air-Arabia and the fare is cheap. but the problem lies in the passengers, well in such an low cost flight one may encounter those passengers that shower only once a week and whose habits are a bit rude or nasty.

Air Arabia review by Erik Jenner

5 April 2004

Damascus to Sharjah with Air Arabia on march 27. Air Arabia is a low-cost airline - never had such legroom at other airlines in economy class. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I can recommend this airline for travelling in the Middle East.

| Home | Airline Opinions | Legal Notice | Airline Ranking | Airport Ranking | Advertise | Surveys | Site Map | Contact Us | Links |