ANA All Nippon Airways Passenger Reviews and ANA Customer Trip Reports

WATCH the ANA All Nippon Airways cabin Product and Service Experience videos

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  18 December 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

NRT-ITM. B767. Taking profit of their Yens10000 offer for any Star alliance arriving passenger, I booked a 5.55pn connecting flight to ITM. Fortunately my UA flight was on time, immigration, luggage delivery and customs very fast, so NH kindly anticipated my flight to ITM, for the 5.10pm one w/o fine. Lucky was I, as a sudden fog invaded NRT delaying everyone. (I discovered arriving at ITM that my planned flight had been cancelled). Anyway, we stayed 2 hours in the 767, constantly informed, with free refreshments, and apologies.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  10 December 2014 by D Graubard   (USA)

NH 12, Business Classk NRT-ORD on 1 December. 777-300. ANA Lounge had good food and drink but it's a windowless set of rooms - too bad you can't see the tarmac. Showers were excellent as I was connecting from an overnight flight from Bangkok so it was refreshing. Boarding was on-time with the friendly bow from the gate agents. Welcomed on-board and attended to by a multitude of gracious attendants. Departed on time for 11 hour flight. Meals were good but menu confusing as it had listed 4 meals yet only 2 were served. Went with a mix of western and Japanese meal options and both were tasty - steak cooked well and pork noodles delicious. Small mattress and nice blanket provided for sleep - but the cabin temperature was insanely high. Both myself and my travel companion were sweating trying to sleep. That was the only complaint from this flight and would deter me from using ANA in the future. Seems like many Asian airlines are now keeping the heat on compared to airlines in the Americas. In-flight entertainment was ok - not a great selection which took away from the experience. Arrival was on-time and quick luggage retrieval.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  17 November 2014 by Thomas Stewart   (USA)

Wonderful caring crew both from Tokyo to Okinawa and especially from Okinawa to Tokyo. Didn't have enough time to easily make our international connection to Calgary CA but thanks to desk crew at Naha moving our seats up to the front of the plane and all the good customer service people on the ground in Tokyo who rushed us on the first bus, led us through Nakita in Toyko, security etc. Talked to flight crew waiting for us as she literally ran with us and we made that flight miraculously. Never have we experienced such wonderful customer service and they are to be commended.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Dizon Marie   (Philippines)

Flew business class MNL-NRT-LAX and back. Food was better the last time I flew with them (2 years ago). Service a hit or miss - sometimes you get a friendly FA, sometimes you come across a robot-like one. On my return trip, I checked in 2 pieces of luggage, one weighing 23kg and the other 33kg. The lady at the check in counter said I needed to pay 200usd for the overweight baggage and I was horrified. I said but my other bag is just 23kg! Then I should just transfer 1kg of my heavy bag to the lighter one. I was in disbelief! I felt like I was flying economy for the treatment I was getting. Remedied only when I had asked her to call her supervisor.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Lau Ni   (Macau)

Took ANA for HKG-KIX-HKG on 31 Oct/3 Nov. Flights all departed on time - the late arrival on the return leg was due to traffic conditions at HKIA. Food was good and in good portions, with frequent water runs and snacks. Seat was rather hard (B767), but leg space is good. IFE was rather limited, but with quite good movies. Overall good flight experience.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  6 November 2014 by Peter Marsina   (USA)

JFK-NRT, new first class seat. The suite was spacious, bed comfortable. The only drawback is that you canít really see out of the window unless you lean forward. The service was superb. The two flight attendants working the F cabin were both just wonderful and so helpful. There was no request I could not make. My glass of Krug was always full and caviar was replenished as soon as I finished it. I opted for the Japanese menu and the food was exquisite (getting caviar or dessert from the western menu was not a problem at all). The TV screen was big and IFE options were great, watched a few movies before dozing off. I loved the Rimowa amenity kits, they are well built and actually can be reused. Iíll give the skincare seems nice. The bathrooms were small for F cabin, but at least there were two of them. They were cleaned after every use so spotless and pleasant to use or change in. Also the PJs are not so luxurious (but comfy enough), they make up for it by distributing cardigans as well. Overall, this was an excellent flying/dining experience, I would recommend ANA to anyone. Itís hard to beat this kind of service, itís just that good.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  5 November 2014 by D Tise   (Thailand)

I can say nothing beyond the miserable seats. The seat backs don't recline at all. The seat itself moves forward. That may be fine if your 5'5" or so, but at 6'3" it's a disaster. My knees are already touching the seat back in front, so when seat moves forward to recline, what are you supposed to do with your legs. Unbelievably poor design. Makes sleeping impossible as head never gets back far enough. Never again I hope. Just another addition to the misery that flying has become.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  5 November 2014 by Y Shawar   (USA)

The best airline that I flown with. The cabin crew was so helpful. They were extremely helpful while flying with a fussy and tired 1 year old. They went above and beyond and the crew genuinely enjoyed coming over to play with and entertain my daughter. They also served her a baby meal - a huge plus. Moreover, once we landed in NRT, there was some miscommunication about picking up our stroller at the door of the plane. The crew ensured that we got our stroller in a timely manner and provided us with an alternative stroller to get the baggage claim to pick up our stroller, where it had ended up. Will definitely fly with ANA again!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by M Fernandes   (USA)

By far the best flying experience. Flew business class to and then from Narita on the 777-300 series. The seats were a little hard, but the additional pad they provide is sufficient. Inflight entertainment was pretty good as well. Both flights had the staggered seating so that every seat had aisle access. The flight attendants were the best! Fantastic service - nothing like the service found on US domestic flights. The food selection was very good and fresh. I will only fly ANA to Japan. Great trip!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  31 October 2014 by D Finden   (USA)

NRT-SEA business class on 27 Oct. On time departure and early arrival. Ground services fine and lounge while busy, had reasonable food and beverage options. Fantastic crew was very attentive in meeting all needs. Food was excellent - had western options for both main and arrival meals. B787-8 is an excellent aircraft. Noise levels down from A330, B767, B777 levels and noticed body felt better after arrival. Seat was comfortable - like the staggered seating and foot well was sufficiently large to allow for turning. A small amenity kit was provided and toothbrushes available in lav. Toilets with bidet features were novel. Overall an excellent flight.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  6 October 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

Kobe-Haneda. My flight departed at 7.05am. ANA specified 1 hr check-in time for luggage deposit. Therefore I had to take a taxi at 5.30am from Kobe Chuo-ko. I arrived at 5.50am. The airport doors were simply closed. Kobe airport physically opens at 6.00, i.e. 5 Minutes before last check-in (with luggage) official time. Indeed, due to this fact they extended it to 6.30. They could have advised passengers. Loss of money and sleep!

Haneda-CDG. Disappointed by ANA lounge in HND, much worse than the new one in NRT. Wi-fi weak, and not working in the "allowed to phone calls" zone. ANA ignores that we use SKYPE, VIBER, WHAT'S APP etc. 777-300 old Business class seats, hard. Excellent behavior from flight attendants. Delicious food, but once again very poor wines, including low cost Champagne. This is a sub-product compared with NRT-JFK flight for instance. How can an airline have such discrepancies?

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 October 2014 by A Proctor   (USA)

ORD-NRT-CGK and back. Everything was great except for the fixed back seat - very uncomfortable for sleeping. Inflight entertainment was great, food/drink choice is good.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  29 September 2014 by R Blumm   (USA)

22 Aug 2014, UA9711, NRT-BKK. Kudos to ANA for its inflight service and attitude. Everything from check-in to boarding went smoothly. I could heartily recommend this airline if service and attitude were the main components of the trip. Seat comfort, however, is at the other end of the satisfaction spectrum. The pitch was really tight and the recline was uncomfortable. I think I would be happy to trade great inflight service for more in seat comfort.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  25 September 2014 by Zachary Ho   (Singapore)

SIN to HND, HND to HKD. Staff were extremely courteous and friendly in assisting needs of passengers and always had a smile. The food was good and in adequate portions although drink runs were not frequent and you had to wait a while, as there was only 1 cart serving the whole of economy section per aisle. Although they do walk around with a bottle of water. Snacks were given out in generous quantities package in a lovely bag. On all flights, seats and legroom were comfortable. The negatives are probably the seat which cannot be recline and the movies which are limited and repetitive in other languages. The domestic flight had no entertainment but a live feed showing the take off and landing which was quite a change. Overall the service on all the flights was what I love most - professional and genuine smiles.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  19 September 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

KIX-ISG-KIX. B737-800. On time on both legs. Food was paid, but cheap and delicious. Very clean aircraft. Staff extremely present. No Star Alliance Gold special check-in counter at ISG. They did not put Priority tag on luggage either. Any way suitcase was delivered in 5 min at KIX.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Jeffrey Tjan   (Canada)

NRT to CGK. Service was above my expectations. Food tasted really good with superb presentation. Baggage claim was long but probably its CGK baggage handling system's fault. Return CGK to HND. Everything went perfectly. Overall I'm really pleased with ANA. One improvement could be IFE organization as they list same movie multiple times with different subtitles.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 September 2014 by C Shi   (USA)

Flew LAX-NRT-PVG and back in June and July 2014. All in all a very satisfying experience. Every single flight except PVG-NRT arrived early, and the 30 min delay on NH 922 was apologized excessively (due to ATC in China, not their fault). Upon boarding, one finds the plane in immaculate condition and FAs cordially welcoming passengers. The long haul 777-300ERs are configured as 2-4-3, which provides flexible seating for most groups. Seats provide generous 34" legroom, although the slide forward recline makes sleeping difficult. The entire design is very innovative, complete with footrests, double cup holders, USB port, power outlets, and a huge AVOD screen. On the way back, the standard IOJ configuration was swapped for a high density 777 with 3-4-3 seating on NRT-LAX. Honestly, the seat did not seem any smaller (this was from directly after taking a 777-200 with 3-3-3 regional seating), but aisles and armrests were significantly narrower. Now onto the soft product. ANA flight attendants are extremely polite, always smiling, and hardworking, making hourly drink runs even through sleeping period. However, one FA on the return leg was significantly more senior and was an exception to the otherwise great customer service. Food is also top notch, even in economy. You can tell they take great care in catering fresh ingredients. Plus, it is served with metal cutlery and a cup of Haagan Dazs ice cream afterwards on long haul flights. The meal on NRT-PVG-NRT sectors in economy were seriously better than domestic first meals! In the past, I usually use United for transpacific flights, and have accrued enough miles to book this trip on Star Alliance partner ANA. The difference is as clear as day and night. I would highly recommend ANA for future trips between US and Asia.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Jezrel Sabaduquia   (USA)

SFO-NRT, NRT-MNL. Check-in at SFO was efficient and friendly which was a good start for the trip. Service on board was efficient, friendly and warm. This is perhaps ANA's strong suit, although it may just be a cultural thing for Japan but the cabin crew were beyond amazing. Every service call was answered and every request was honored. Their professionalism is excellent and each interaction was followed by a bow and a thank you, even though they are the one doing you a favor. However, the IFE, seat comfort, and food was average. 77W was configured as 3x4x3, however, legroom was still excellent. IFE was disappointing and the choices of movies were just poor. However, the moving map was of high quality. NRT-MNL leg on an older 767 but the seats were still comfortable and service was once again excellent. Overall. a very pleasant experience with ANA. While their hard product is average, their service is what sets them apart. The crew are warm and friendly, which many other highly rated airlines like Singapore lacks.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Takeuchi Sasha   (France)

I flew from DUS to NRT, it was a Boeing 787, configuration 3-3-3. This was a very good flight: cabin attendants were very polite and friendly, food was also very good. However, the plane was quite noisy for a B787.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  27 August 2014 by T Ugasucia   (USA)

This review is for an economy class NRT-JFK trip. First off, I would recommend ANA when flying to the US because overall the inflight experience is excellent thanks to the fabulous cabin crew. So much better than dealing with any of the US carriers and their surly service. However, my numerous experiences with the ground staff at Narita airport makes me absolutely dread the return leg of my trip between NY and TYO. The check-in process is so confusing and takes so long. All the agents seem to be either new, or have no concept of processing passengers quickly. It always takes 20 minutes from the time I reach the counter to when I leave it. Despite being polite and smiling, the agents don't really give good advice and are not very helpful to be quite honest. If it weren't for the great cabin crew, I'd rate the staff service as very poor. Inflight, the economy class seats on the B777-300 are uncomfortable because of the head rest that juts out, pushes my head forward so I'm sitting with my chin on my neck. I noticed a lot of passengers sleeping with their heads resting on the tray tables probably because of this. The economy class meals are just horrible. I have learned to buy or pack my own. The drink selections are good. The inflight entertainment is mediocre, especially their music selection.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  19 August 2014 by R Nirschel   (USA)

I had a very good trip with ANA (Tokyo to Saigon and return to the US) in Feb and May. Because of a death in the family I had to alter my return trip and (although the waiting time on the phone was longish) the response was warm, understanding and accommodating for my change in plans. The negative about ANA is that it codeshares with United (a terrible airline) out of New York so the long leg from NY to Tokyo is suffered with bad food, costly drinks, and lousy service. It was paradise to change to an all ANA crew and flight in Tokyo. We are now going to fly out of Chicago to avoid Untied and go ANA all the way.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Peter Nauli   (Indonesia)

I flew with my family from CGK to LAX and back from SFO to CGK (2 in business class and 3 in economy class). Business class seems up to expectations but economy class seems a bit cramped especially from Narita to Jakarta. Here are the positive things about ANA: service, staff attitude, on time performance, baggage handling, cleanliness inside cabin. But there are negatives as well: hard shell seat on economy class (especially for small aircraft), entertainment is a bit outdated.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Giancarlo Treano   (USA)

1 Aug 2014, NH10 in Economy. Ordered tickets with 2 weeks out, and no Premium Economy seats available. I've been flying ANA since 2007, and on 1 Aug their check-in at NRT was chaotic to say the least. My wife is Japanese, so there was no language barrier. ANA agents kept moving us from counter to counter to check in! It was ridiculous. Finally when we got to the counter it took me about 15 minutes to check in, due to the novice agent. Immigration line long, but moved fast. Aircraft was spotted close to active runway. However we took off late, due to "airport congestion". Aircraft was starting to show it's age as, as the nose had paint coming off. Not something you would expect to see on ANA. Inside cabin was clean, and fresh. Cabin attendants continuously smiled the entire flight. Standard ANA onboard service. I sat on seat 42D. I'm 72inches tall, but I had plenty of legroom, and the seat was comfortable. IFE wasn't that bad. Lunch was really good. I had the connoisseur selection. Cabin Attendants made continuous drink rounds through the meal service. Seat was comfortable that I slept from Sakhalin to Hudson Bay. Snacks, drinks, U.S. Entry Documents, and 2nd meal were all distributed in a nice manner. Landed in JFK late, but immigration wait wasn't that bad. My luggage took forever to arrive on the carousel. Over all the ground experience was really bad, but onboard ANA lived up to their high standards. I will be flying them again.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Michel Perrin   (Brazil)

HND-ITM. B787. On time. Excellent service. Seats are extremely uncomfortable. 3x3x3. Raw 10A/B/C have no screen!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by R Singletary   (USA)

Went ORD-NRT-MNL-NRT-ORD. All flights were pleasant with good in-flight service that seemed to have things I would expect as "above and beyond" a bit more included even in economy class. In-flight entertainment seemed to be good but the interface they have things running on was a bit cumbersome to figure out at first. In Manila there was a bit more "document verification" processes than normal which made the process a bit inconvenient as we were asked to show passports multiple times by airline employees alone.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  1 August 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

CDG-NRT. B777-300. Old config. 2x3x2. Old Business Class seats, very outdated, narrow and hard, below LH STD of the same type for instance. Fabulous service, as usual. Wines and Champagne are not nice. It has to be said once more. We noticed that 95% of pax are Japanese, and probably do not pay attention to that point. But these beverages are below acceptable. Champagne is cheap type, no charm, wines even worse. New Star alliance at CDG is nice, but food - what food ? No food! Unacceptable.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Leebeng Law   (Singapore)

My wife and I had a wonderful experience flying Flight NH1077 on 16 July. The crew were courteous, helpful and diligent. Our trip from Seattle to Tokyo Narita took about 10 hrs 25 mins, and despite the long distance, we very much enjoyed all the facilities and services provided. I couldn't find any shortcomings at all.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Le Quang Kiet   (Vietnam)

Travelling with ANA on the route of SGN-NRT-SGN. The flight to Narita was on time but the return trip was delayed due to passenger issue, but it was acceptable since ANA's crew kept apologizing and dealt it professionally. The aircraft was a bit old. Inflight entertainment was good. Food was excellent and so was cabin crew. I would give it a 10 out of 10 if the seat were a bit wider.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  18 July 2014 by Lau Ni   (Singapore)

Took ANA Domestic KIX-CTS on 3 July and CTS-NGO on 6 July 2014. Fantastic service on both legs, despite KIX-CTS being mostly empty and CTS-NGO being full load. No food offered as it was over an hour for both legs, but the crew did water runs twice. The beef consommť offered as an alternative to coffee/tea was excellent. Planes were in good conditions and very clean. No IFE onboard, but seats have very good pitch. Overall a very comfortable flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Lim Souk Lan   (Singapore)

Singapore to Hokkaido via Tokyo and return. A good performance but nowhere near what I would describe as 5-star. Firstly, as many others have mentioned here, the shell seats on the 787 are a joke - very, very uncomfortable with no possibility of getting into a sleep-friendly position. As far as I'm concerned, these seats are a deal-breaker. I would not fly with ANA on a medium or long-haul flight if the seats were this design. The food was acceptable without being outstanding. The service was good, but not exceptional. The short hops between Tokyo and Sapporo were efficient and smooth.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  1 July 2014 by W Callens   (Belgium)

Flew from Haneda to Frankfurt on the Dreamliner. Happy to be on board of that plane, as someone who usually gets headaches on long-haul flights you can tell the cabin atmosphere is really a lot better here. I'm not so impressed with the seat width, this config had 9 abreast in economy which is really narrow. Prepare for elbow struggles with your neighbor(s). Worst aspect was the food. The flight left at 1am, so I can understand they don't start serving hot meals, but the replacement sandwich was really extremely basic. Nothing else followed till breakfast, which was, I'm sad to say, awful. I am quite happy with airline food but this was really not tasty, not fresh, worthless really. I will consider other options on my trips to/from Japan despite the overall professionalism, punctuality and nice airplane. One final detail - is it really necessary to close the curtains between economy and business upon landing? I mean, rub it in extra that cattle class passengers have to wait deboarding until the elite has left?

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by E Jacobson   (USA)

Flew TPE-NRT-ORD on ANA. The first leg was on a 767-300 and the last on 777-300. The first flight seemed a bit more cramped but acceptable. The legroom on the 777 was excellent. I almost had to lean over at times to look at the (huge) IFE screen. The service is always excellent, smile and bow as you'd expect from ANA. On arrival to Chicago Japanese speaking agents welcome you and guide you to the immigration area. Real silverware was given on both flights. Excellent food, as always.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  26 June 2014 by A Leibiebowitz   (USA)

PVG-NRT-JFK, Shanghai-Tokyo-New York, 6/5/2014: Both flights on 773 one older livery and one new, both 3 class. I was originally booked for business class, my husband was supposed to be as well, however, after a screw up by our travel agent, he found himself in economy. Although I did not cause a disturbance at the counter, I guess my face showed my disappointment at the incompetence of our travel agent. To my surprise the woman checking us in, bumped me to first for the first leg of our flight, because they couldn't help my husband at that point. Upon our arrival at NRT before disembarking, there was an announcement for my husband to see a cabin attendant. They found a seat for him in premium economy NRT-JFK with no extra charge. My husband reported that economy service and entertainment options were very good and the seats were comfortable. I briefly checked out the lounges as I did not want to abandon my husband for too long. Lounges had a good selection of food, table service, bar, changing room etc. In-flight, the attendants are what you expect from Japanese service, including bowing in multiples. I had a chance to enjoy a full Japanese meal and a Western meal, both near excellent, the Japanese meal edged ahead for presentation. The entertainment system was not the best I have experienced but it was very good and there are plenty of English and Japanese movies and programing to choose from. The staggered seats are comfortable, I have no real problem with the foot cubby. I was pleased to find each seat had an additional cushion which unfolded for making the lie-flat seats even and more comfortable for sleeping. I used it the whole flight even when sitting up. I recommend choosing a seat with the side-table on the aisle, they are more private. The check-in and in-flight crew on ANA is one of the most attentive and gracious I have ever come across. In my experience ANA's rating is well deserved.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  21 June 2014 by Mauz Frank   (USA)

787, HND-ITA. The usual friendly, efficient service of ANA made even better by using the Dreamliner, which is aptly named. Very comfortable seat even in economy, with lots of leg room. Like the window shade. I was the last one off the plane on purpose because I wanted the flight to last longer.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Woon Wei Seng   (Singapore)

NRT-SIN on 788 (2-4-2 configuration) NH801 on 16 June. Return leg following SIN-NRT on 31 May on 788. Flight got re-timed by 30 minutes, due to "late arrival of aircraft". Didn't appreciate it however since this is the final leg of my journey home and I was really tired as I did not sleep on my previous leg from YYZ (12 hours). I was trying to sleep on this flight but I couldn't as the seat was simply too uncomfortable: the fixed-shell non- reclining seat really deters against sleeping. As mentioned in my last review, if you intend to stay awake, this seat is good. If you intend to sleep and do not fall asleep easily, steer clear. In-flight entertainment was still as good but I was too tired to appreciate it. Also, the selection of music is quite limited.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  17 June 2014 by W Woon   (Singapore)

SIN-NRT on 788 (2-4-2 configuration) NH802 on 31 May. Last flew on ANA in 2011 post-Fukushima on the same route using the 767 and overall it was great. This time round they were still quite good. Staff service is always excellent. I was excited to fly the new 787 plane and it was quite exciting to see the tinted windows and the window in the toilet. And I could feel the difference in the air on-board the 787: skin felt less dry, I felt less tired. In-flight entertainment was good. The seat unfortunately remained the fixed-shell kind that does not recline. For someone tall like me, it was absolutely uncomfortable as my legs were squeezed against the seat in front. Thankfully I did not intend to sleep that flight, sleep would have been impossible. The food surprisingly disappointed me a little: it looked good but did not taste up to my (heightened) expectations. Outside the flight, I like how ANA website does automatic online check-in 24 hours before the flight. Overall, ANA has been a good experience, certainly befitting their Skytrax 5-star rating. If they ditch their fixed-shell seating and offered cheaper tickets (I got my tickets at a promotion, otherwise I wont have flown them) I would certainly consider using them for transpacific flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  5 June 2014 by C Entrikin   (USA)

5/25/2014, Seattle-Tokyo-Ho Chi Minh City. Usually fly 2-3 long haul flights a year. First and last time on ANA- Dreamliner- big disappointment. Studied seat map carefully and picked 2x3x2 seat configuration-however after purchase aircraft was changed to 3x3x3 - sat in the middle. 9.5 hours in overheated cabin and extremely uncomfortable seat that barely reclines. The 767 portion has no recline and equally hard seats. The Dreamliner dedicates 2/3 of plane to First and Business, cramming over one half of it's passengers in 1/3 of it's space. Expected more from a Japanese Airline.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 June 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

NRT-JFK, B777-300. New seats config. (1-2-1). New ANA lounge in NRT is very comfortable, has a nice view of the tarmac, offers a large variety of food. Unfortunately, as onboard wine quality is not as on other airlines. Detailed boarding announcements, and smiling staff. Onboard, nothing to complain to staggered seats. Very private, more even if you have the following seats : 6K, 8K, 10K etc. or 5A, 7A, 9A etc. Food perfect, Champagne just correct, wines not nice. Food is served on demand. Staff spoke a good English. Flight on time.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

ITM-NRT. B737/800. Messy check-in. Separated security lane for Star Alliance Gold pax. Very poor Lounge however (no food), poor drinks. Boarding well done. Please was clean. No entertainment. No food. On time.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  30 May 2014 by J Allen   (UK)

Flew HND-OKA-HND - Very good service, but no meal or snacks provided on a three hour journey (outbound - 2.5 hours return). Very large aircraft used, but nowhere near full, so plenty of room to move around. Seemed modern, and staff very well turned out - nice presentation and very smart and friendly. A lovely toy provided for my infant son too.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Rene van Zijl   (France)

I feel cheated by ANA. When I booked in BC, I could already make the seat reservation. ANA gave the 1-2-1 configuration, indicating the latest horizontal seats. For my wife and I, I booked the two middle seats on both legs NH206 and 205. At the airport I discovered a 2-3-2 configuration, with the old sliding down seats! I was very angry and contacted ANA, they replied that ANA has the right to change the configuration without notice to the passenger. The seat is one of the worst I have flown, narrow, very hard and sliding down! Sleeping almost impossible!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  29 May 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

Kobe-Chitose-Kobe. B737-800. No Star alliance lounge at Kobe. Star Alliance lounge at Sapporo/Chitose, with special security way (very useful). Nice wines. no food at all! Paid but nice food onboard of both flights. Smiling staff every time. Very clean and nice aircraft. A good experience.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Igor Feldberg   (Switzerland)

Haneda-Osaka, Osaka-Fukuoka, Fukuoka-Narita! I had a special rate for tourist, which was quite cheap. Perfect service. Great check in service for Star Alliance Gold and very friendly staff. Good designed lounges, but they don't have any proper food in the lounges by domestic flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  26 May 2014 by E Ruthruff   (USA)

SEA-NRT on the 787, which is a 10-hour flight. In the 3x3x3 configuration the seat was small and uncomfortable. The cabin was very hot, which made it even worse. And my wife and I were separated because of the change in aircraft configuration. On a positive note, the flight attendants were friendly and efficient and the selection of Hollywood movies was nice. The bathrooms were clean and the food was OK. But it's all about the seat. I can only recommend to small people who can tolerate hot cabin temperatures.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  19 May 2014 by Trevor Wilson   (USA)

San Jose to Tokyo Narita on new Dreamliner, Business Class. Seat comfort was first rate, plenty of room and great access to the aisle. IFE was very good, service was amazing. Food was too salty for me, otherwise a great flight.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  16 May 2014 by S Anna   (USA)

LAX-HAN. Previously flew this same route in economy class, and found ANA's service in that class to be comparable to business/first class on most other airlines. I was not disappointed with the business class experience in ANA, as the service was quite outstanding. Attention was paid to every little thing, from cleaning toilets after use to offering beverage or food the moment one's eyes flutter open after some sleep. The entertainment system offered a full compliment of Hollywood, Japanese and a few international films, along with music, television shows (mostly Japanese) and games. Since this was a red eye flight, meals were a simple amuse (delicious, although my husband wouldn't eat it because it was far too exotic) along with a breakfast meal before landing. I opted for the Japanese breakfast, and the presentation was both outstanding and quite delicious. They also offer many wonderful snacks during the flight, and my mother-in-law fell in love with the Ippu-do ramen dish she had as a mid-flight snack. My only problem was with the seat, which is somewhat of a lie down configuration, although the leg portion of the seats hangs downward. I could only feel comfortable laying on my side, even though portions of the seat dug into my hip. Still, definitely worth the price of flying.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  13 May 2014 by Michel Perrin   (Brazil)

NRT-ITM. B767. 2-3-2 configuration. Good space for legs. Fast and efficient check-in. Bus boarding, with separate bus for Priority pax. Big screen with front camera views, including during take-off and landing. No individual screen. Paid drinks and food. Baggage arrived immediately. Cabin attendants just vanished.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  12 May 2014 by Suzanne Spencer   (USA)

Flight from Narita to Seattle on Boeing Dreamliner. On the flight to Narita seats were 2 on outside, 3 in the middle. Return flight, different airplane seats 3 rows outside, 3 in middle. It was the most cramped of any flight I have ever taken including domestic. An agonizing trip. The service is quintessentially Japanese: gracious, efficient. It is just that 2/3 of the seats are taken up by almost totally empty business and first class seats. Even United was better in terms of comfort.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  9 May 2014 by Perrin Michel   (Brazil)

JFK-NRT, B777, Seat 6E. A Fantastic experience. Perfect check-in: an employee put our luggage on balance, no belt transportation for C pax luggage. Poor BA lounge in JFK not at NH standards. First part of Business class cabin is extremely quiet (8 pax only). New seats offer a huge space, nearly a suite, much larger than any competitor on 777. Food top quality, Japanese and French. Beef was rare as requested. French Champagne was good (not a Premium one). Wines not so good unfortunately. Fabulous Sake. First meal was served at the right speed. A nice surprise: during the following 11 hours of flight, meals could be served at any time, on demand, with a large choice of food. Cabin attendant spoke perfect English, and were extremely efficient. Surprising variety of movies. Camera during flight but not upon taking of or landing.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Philip Lee   (Singapore)

Flew from Sapporo to Haneda on a packed 777-300. Flight departed on time and arrived on time. Boarding was orderly but they allow too many carry on bags onboard, the crew had a difficult time closing the overhead bins. As you can imagine 10 across seating is really cramped. Flight was about 1 hour 45 mins with no inflight entertainment except headsets for listening to music and scattered video monitors showing a Japanese documentary. Service wise was bad and minimal. Onboard for an hour and 45 min flight you are only offered water, oolong tea and apple juice. No other drinks available, not even orange juice. Asked the FA for ice and she just pointed to her drinks. For the price we paid as it was not cheap, its definitely not worth it. For Japanese standard of service, its appalling.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  28 April 2014 by Steviandi Siauw   (Indonesia)

SIN-NRT, NH 902 on Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner. Everything was fine, futuristic IFE system on a nice reclining seat, except for breakfast options. A little bit non-edible porridge or tasteless omelette with cold bread. I tried other ANA flights, and their menus are all fine, except for this horrible breakfast menu on SE. Asia routes (got exactly the same option for Jakarta - Tokyo route in 2013). If anybody takes ANA overnight flight from any SE. Asian countries, especially Singapore and Indonesia, it is better to bring self-purchased food onboard.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  24 April 2014 by S Savage   (USA)

San Francisco to Tokyo (SFO-NRT), March 25, then NRT to SFO, April 17, Flights 007 and 008. Serious decline in service since my last flight in July. This used to be a "premium" airline. Now it is no better than any others serving the same route, and it's usually $200 more expensive. For many years, ANA has been the last hold-out for old-fashioned "Japanese hospitality." No longer do you "get what you pay for."

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Suharsono Andy   (USA)

JFK-NRT-CGK, purchased tickets from UA's website, great price. Checked in at JFK was a breeze, we had a 2.5 hrs layover in NRT before continuing to CGK. Both legs were great, we flew 777-300ER JFK-NRT and 767-300ER from NRT- CGK. Aircraft's were in excellent conditions, meals and IFE were great, cabin attendance were warm and helpful. We were travelling with a 10 years old and ANA did not miss a beat in providing their services. We highly recommend ANA, we will definitely fly ANA again on our next trips.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  17 April 2014 by M Gephart   (USA)

NRT-BKK-NRT, Economy. Booked the ticket through UA and as they have recently cancelled their own NRT-BKK service, opted for the ANA routing. I found the boarding in NRT to be a bit chaotic and even though they had lanes for Biz Class and Star Gold, it was kind of a free-for-all. Both directions on 777-200 aircraft, which disappointedly are starting to show their age. I found the legroom to be quite tight and toward the end of the 6+ hour flight was really starting to feel it. The service was typical ANA - very warm, very welcoming, very attentive. Overall, a good experience and value for the money. Would certainly recommend them.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by A Pagan   (Greece)

FRA-HND. 3 year old B777-300ER with great interior. Night departure from FRA. Flight full. The seat had nice pitch though no recline, only the lower part moves 2 inches in front. Great dinner, I took the Japanese. Very good IFE. The best part was the cabin crew, they were there all night long serving green tea and other refreshments. Great smile, great mood. They even offered me advise on a Tokyo tour.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Djie Irawaty   (USA)

NH1075 and NH8035. Depart from San Jose on Apr 5. We were traveling with 1.5 year toddler from SJC to CGK and very pleased with the way ANA staff from San Jose airport handled our situation. The aircraft is very advanced starting with USB power charger in flight, adjustable filter light windows, toilet seat had water spray and it closed itself. Touch screens had the newest movies, very polite stewardess, and the food is gourmet! Their Japanese menu had grilled salmon teriyaki and crab legs. The only cons is they only allow 1 piece of luggage for international flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  9 April 2014 by K Ogawa   (USA)

NH 009, JFK-NRT. No wheelchair for 80 year old mother. No kids meal loaded, its ok - mistakes happen. But when mistakes happen, the inflight crew should not be blaming travel agents or ground staff. They even promised to ensure everything would be taken care of for the return. A simple confirmation call to the reservations center made me realize nothing was taken care of. Flight attendant even asked if I could speak in Japanese since English was obviously not a strength.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Cheron Heidi   (Japan)

AXT-HND-HNL-NRT-HND-AXT. Due to connecting flight within Japan I decided to take the midnight flight to Honolulu from Haneda rather than the earlier flight from Narita. I don't recommend this flight as before the departure from Haneda, virtually all the airport food service and retailers have already closed. In spite of not being able to find anything to eat before the flight, the first meal offered on the flight was the snack, with the hot meal served about 3 hours before arrival. (The order of the meals is reversed on the Narita flight). Next time I will make the airport transfer between Haneda and Narita (about 2 1/2 hrs using Keisei & Keikyu Railways) to get the Narita flight to HNL. All other aspects of ANA service were great as usual.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Tercon Bojan   (Singapore)

On the Tokyo (Narita) to Fukuoka segment, ANA uses an ancient A320. The interior was upholstered in a deep green, which does not even resemble the current ANA blue colour. The plane definitely had a retro feel. Moreover, it was nearly empty. 20 pax on a 166 seat plane. Thankfully it's a short commuter flight. They could jazz up the whole experience though and make those 90 minutes a bit more exciting.

For this 90 min shuttle flight from Fukuoka to Tokyo - Haneda, ANA packs in the seats, fitting 405 seats on an old 777-200. That's the dreaded 10 seats abreast. Thankfully the flight was not full so we could spread out. The service is minimal, as is the interior design, giving this flight a truly bus-like feel. I know these flights are meant to be practical, but why do they have to also make them boring?

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Dave Noble   (USA)

SJC-NRT. Would normally fly United on transatlantic/transpacific so decided to use ANA through United website from my local airport. Couldn't check in because I had a United ticket, but when I got to the check in desk, I had already been assigned an aisle seat based on my United 1k profile, and the seat next to me was blocked off so I had plenty of room. I also asked for a Japanese meal and when I boarded the FA came to verify my meal request. SJC-NRT is a 787 dreamliner and is spacious and bright inside. Like the ability to adjust windows at the touch of a button. Inflight service was excellent, attentive and very polite. What a difference from United! I like having in seat power and USB charger even in economy. Only negative is that the seat is a hard shell so it's almost impossible to sleep on it. I can normally sleep on planes but couldn't on this. Both flights into NRT and SJC arrived an hour early. SJC is less hassle than SFO and easy to get in and out. Overall, next time I go to Japan I'll be flying ANA out of SJC.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 March 2014 by G Nishihira   (USA)

LAX-NRT return. Very comfortable seat and bed. Culinary offerings (European and Japanese) were delicious and made dining equivalent to eating at a five star restaurant. Cabin crew were attentive but not intrusive. Every time I used the washroom it appeared to be serviced after every use as the toilet paper ends were triangulated.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  5 March 2014 by A Ohno   (UK)

HKG-HND, paid full price for economy ticket yet got an awful seat in a separate partitioned area of 2 rows right behind business class. About 5 or 6 babies in the vicinity, all crying at various intervals. Furthermore, seat was incredibly uncomfortable - not the regular seats but the seat cushion is shorter and dips down in the center, putting pressure on thighs. When I asked to change seats, FA just brushed me off, even though there were a couple empty seats elsewhere. †The IFE? Tiny low res screen, audio was on/off due to ageing headphone input jack.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by S Murphy   (Singapore)

Ignoring that the flight was late and meant I had to get a bus to Haneda from Narita to make my connection, the SIN-NRT sector on ANA's 787 was immensely uncomfortable. The seats are the 'shelled' non-reclining type and are advertised as having a seat pitch of 34 inches but in practice I was only able to slide my seat forward an inch or so before my knees jarred into the seat-back in front. The result was 7 hours of night flight in a lot of discomfort and any suspected benefit of flying in a 787, totally lost. Staff were unerringly polite and IFE was good but both of these positives were overwhelmed by the discomfort. Why have ANA gone this route when their CX peers had already paid the price and fallen on the 'rigid economy seat' sword? Madness.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  3 March 2014 by Jason Wong   (USA)

Flew from NRT to SIN. 7 hours flight but there was only one meal. The same flight on United serves 2 meals. The meal was good though with pictures illustrating what to choose. Plenty of refills of warm Japanese green tea. My major complaint is the small seats. The plane was the new Dreamliner 787 but the seats are clearly designed for Japanese people with legroom significantly less than that of United and other US carrier. It is quite hard to get out if you are stuck in a middle seat. I do like the spray toilet in the bathroom. Good service overall but definitely not the most comfortable flight.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  20 February 2014 by M Matsuda   (UK)

A return flight to/from Frankfurt and Haneda on newly configured 787 (Economy, Premium Economy and Business). The configuration in Economy has been changed from 2-4-2 to 3-3-3, but the seat was replaced from Back-fixed to normal reclining seat. The seat was actually more comfortable than the Back-Fixed seat, and I felt less tired after a 12 hour flight. In fact, one of the cabin crews told me that they had received many complaints on the Back-Fixed seat from passengers. The cabin crews on both flights were very friendly and helpful. They regularly walked around the cabin with drinks to serve. It is very different from some European airlines that all cabin crews vanish completely after the first meal, and never see them until the second meal is served.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Michael Kemp   (Canada)

HCMC to Narita to Washington to Toronto, January 2014. I travel to and from Asia a couple of times a year. This was my first time on ANA. I will travel on this airline again whenever possible. The price was very reasonable. The service was excellent. The Japanese menu was wonderful. I usually don't eat airline food so this was a really great change. The baggage check in was courteous, swift and helpful. Boarding was the same. Aircraft including washrooms was very clean with no blankets, pillows, head phones. They could expand the selection of movies for long haul flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  10 February 2014 by Kai Nakazawa   (USA)

NRT-SEA 787 on 1/26. Unfortunately the lounge was under renovation and very limited space. Inflight services, food and seat were excellent.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  28 January 2014 by B Duston   (USA)

Recently took a flight from Bangkok-Tokyo-JFK. Admittedly, the seat on the Bangkok-Tokyo segment on a 777 was not comfortable. The leg extension was rather short and my feet extended over the edge of the leg rest. I am not a particularly tall person. The flight to JFK did have lie flat seats, but I found them to be quite narrow and felt more comfortable sleeping at a slightly angled upright position. Food on both segments was OK and typical of business class fare found on other airlines. What sets ANA apart from other airlines is their onboard staff. Simply put, their staff has to be the warmest and friendliest I have encountered on any other flights that I have taken. Everything was done with a smile. Cabins and bathrooms were kept immaculate throughout the flights. The AVOD system worked great with tons of offerings to choose from. I recommend ANA.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  13 January 2014 by J Becker   (USA)

Flew from JFK to Tokyo on ANA. Terrific airline. Gave plenty of refreshments and meals, wonderful entertainment system, superb employees. Reminds you of what airlines are supposed to be like.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 January 2014 by P Rubenstein   (Canada)

Business class seat on the staggered B777 config. NRT-BKK route. The seat only seemed to offer 2 positions, upright or lie flat. Not a comfortable seat and somewhat out of date. IFE selection was not as expansive as other airlines and the controls were not particularly responsive. Food service was geared to the Japanese pax. The overall meal presentation was beautiful in typical ANA fashion but nothing on offer was particularly appealing to me. I opted for a stewed piece of meat wrapped in a finely minced type of hamburger. It was not particularly palatable with an emphasis upon bland. It was inedible. Cabin service was directed at the Japanese pax, while I felt ignored. FAs were professional, but I was ignored, having to ask for a refill on a drink or coffee. It isn't the first time I have had this experience on ANA, and yet , it is something I only experience on ANA and never on any other Asian carrier. I don't know why this airline merits 5 stars as nothing on the flight was exceptional or not done in a better fashion on several of ANA's lower rated competitors in the region.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by R Howe   (Japan)

HIJ-HRT-LRH (Economy). No problems, eve thing efficient, seats no problem (yes, they don't recline but they slide forward to give the same effect and the seat in front of you never moves) with plenty of leg-room. Good TV/entertainment, attentive service. All on-time.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  6 January 2014 by R Howe   (Japan)

LHR-FRA-NRT-HIJ (Economy). No problems despite tight connections. Heathrow Terminal 1 a delight now. Frankfurt airport ridiculously long walk to get to connecting gate, having to go through security again (I expected code- share airlines to do better with this). Everything on-board full ANA flight FRA-NRT good, efficient and comfortable. Definitely 5*.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  3 January 2014 by R Sahni   (USA)

Flew from JFK to Narita and back. The inflight service and attention to detail was excellent.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  2 January 2014 by Lagu Bonari   (USA)

I flew from Seattle-Narita-Singapore and then back through San Francisco. I'm writing to warn people about the new 3-3-3 economy seat 787 configuration. In short, it was the single most uncomfortable flight of my life. I had a window seat, and I was jammed in under the curvature of the airplane. The service, food and entertainment were excellent, but the terrible tiny seat overshadowed everything else. In Narita, I switched planes to a 787 with the old 2-4-2 configuration, and it was like moving to business class. I recommend inquiring what configuration you will ride prior to booking - the 3-3-3 is quite bad.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  30 December 2013 by M McGrath   (UK)

Narita to Hong Kong in Business. Very disappointed with our 4.5 hour flight on 28 December. Our first ANA experience and we had high expectations. Check in was very good but went downhill from there. Was directed to the United lounge which is cavernous but poor selection of food for breakfast. On board the 767 the seats had limited recline which made sleeping difficult. Biggest disappointment was the food. I had high hopes for the Japanese selection but what I was offered for lunch was bland and poorly presented. My wife wanted the international menu (no choice) but was advised it had run out even though we were seated in the second row. No cheese or fruit was available as a substitute. The over the top apology from the chief cabin supervisor was embarrassing. No amenities kit. Cathay is streets ahead of this airline and I did not understand on this outing why it is 5 stars.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mike Roosenzweig   (USA)

Flew Economy from Seattle - Narita - Bangkok. Overall flights were very nice. Flew on a new 787 from Seattle to Narita. Plane was very clean and comfortable, and IFE had a great selection of movies. Japanese meal set was also very good too. Crew were very friendly, and even though it was a very full flight, the plane felt very comfortable and the large windows and great interior lighting made the trip enjoyable. Second leg from NFRT to BKK was on an older 777-200. Plane was clean, but seats were worn, and no where near as comfortable as the 787. IFE was older variety with ok selection of movies on a low resolution screen. Again, food was very good and crew was very friendly. Only minor complaint would be that the 777-200 that I was on could use a nice interior refresh, but other than that, it was a great flight!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Nicolas Mazza   (Canada)

ORD-NRT, NH11, 23/12. NRT-BKK, NH915, 24/12. ANA are an excellent airline, with professional and very polite crew. Even in economy food is very good you have a choice of international or Japanese speciality. Forks and knives are not in plastic. Planes are very clean even after 13hr flight. Negative point is probably seat stiffness.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  17 December 2013 by N Halperin   (UK)

LHR-NRT-FUK outbound. 773 on the first leg with newer cabin. Full meals of dinner and breakfast were served, and 2 choices for each, however, the taste wasn't as good as some cheaper flights I've been on. But I certainly didn't go hungry. Constant drink rounds from the cabin crew, who were always extremely efficient, friendly, and helpful. Seat could not be reclined, and I knew this in advance, but it really was impossible to get any sleep in such a position, even for a 5'5" individual. However, the seat features were good, many cup holders, large screen/modern IFE, USB port. IFE had many programmes and features although I did not watch any of them. Toilets were always very clean and well maintained. ANA must have priority on the route as we made it in 10hr 50min, arriving almost an hour early. Originally I was very concerned I would miss the connection beforehand but I had loads of time, Narita international to domestic transfer was swift. Connection to FUK was provided by ANA Wings, but it was only 2 hours, although we departed late. Was given a drink but no food. Seats were more comfortable even on an old 737. Return flight from NRT-LHR was much the same as the first. Would fly again if I needed a particular connection that only ANA operate.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  12 December 2013 by T Waldman   (USA)

Flew NH1 (IAD-NRT), 2143 (NRT-FUK), 2 (NRT-IAD). I was very satisfied with my experience aboard ANA. It was my second trip with them, and the services had changed slightly. Ground-side staff were polite and efficient, including at Narita, where representatives gave clear directions for rechecking baggage following Customs. Some airside amenities had changed since my previous trip in 1/09. Things like ice cream were no longer free after meals, instead, at the time, they had an a la carte menu from which you could order business class treats like sake or udon for a modest fee. The udon was fantastic for a midnight snack. I had a special meal (vegetarian) registered and cabin crew served those first (which I guess was awkward for folks like me), but they indeed arrived vegetarian as advertised. IFE was stocked with a good mix of fairly recent western and Japanese films, television shows and music. I seldom felt the need to turn to my iPod. Seats were comfortable and pitched well enough for this average-sized American male. Fukuoka connection: I wasn't awake for a lot of the flight, but we were provided light beverages. IFE included a documentary program and a flight map. Otherwise, the service was comparable to the international product.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Thomas Brooke   (USA)

We flew Economy from SeaTac to Narita in October 2012 on the 787, and the flight seating was comfortable enough. The in-flight entertainment was excellent, and the food & service very good. This year we took the same ANA Economy flight from SeaTac to Narita in October 2013, and the flight seating was terrible. In the past year ANA has changed the main Economy seating configuration from 2-3-2 to 3-3-3 and reduced the amount of space between seat rows to squeeze in more "sardines into the same can". It is so tight that the person directly in front has to move their seat to the upright position to adequately allow the food trays to fit onto the very small fold out tray. As well the newly instituted one (1) suitcase rule is very inadequate for those of us going for extended trips. Since the return flight home was re-directed to Portland, OR due to "fog/visibility problems" at SeaTac, and a series of subsequent problems our flight finally arrived ~8 hours late, and this afforded an opportunity to speak with many other passengers. I found that many/most other passengers in the Economy cabin were of the same general opinion, and would now strongly consider other options for their next trip. Options including flying to SF, or Vancouver to get a more comfortable flight. ANA had a good product, and through these changes of seat configuration has now given other carriers offering direct flights to Japan an excellent opportunity to compete and beat. We are now "in-play", and will not take another ANA flight to Japan w/o first understanding more about the seating arrangement. We did try to upgrade in Narita to Premium Economy, but were allowed to do that; since they said we had a "discount ticket" i.e. tickets purchase through a Travel Agency and we paid what they asked. Not a good experience!

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  9 December 2013 by George Santana   (USA)

Took flight 937 from Tokyo to Jakarta as part of my UA Star Alliance flight from the US. The US portion to Narita was fine. I had purchased upgrade to Business First using mile and co-pay, but the ANA portion from NRT to Jakarta was a clear horror story. Seat 17C did not recline, but had some silly seat cushion that supposedly moved, but for 7.5 hours, it was excruciating. I will never again fly ANA.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Jeff Pearson   (USA)

San Jose, California to Tokyo to Guangzhou, China. This one suitcase requirement is ridiculous. Every other airline is two bags. Even if you are over by a lb or two they will charge you 50 dollars. If we knew this we never would have used this airline. Try going to China (my wife's homeland) with one suitcase. Sorry we tried but never again. Guess we will go back to Cathcay. At least they fly into Hong Kong, about 2 hours shorter. Very discouraged and never again.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Maureen McConaghy   (USA)

We flew from Tokyo to LAX. As soon as we sat down onboard we found out that all of the seats had been locked into an upright position; they could not be pushed backwards at all. We sat completely upright for 9 hours.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  10 November 2013 by F Moens   (Canada)

The seats! Took an overnight flight from Yangon to Narita and experienced the fixed seats - an unsuccessful attempt at fooling passengers into believing that they can sit in a relaxed position. Service and food were good, but given the options out there, it's no more ANA for me.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  7 November 2013 by Steve Siauw   (Japan)

ANA domestic flight Tokyo HND - Hiroshima HIJ return. Outbound with older B777-200, inbound with the new B787-8. Services are so so. Can't complain much since it was just a short 90 min-domestic flight. FAs hand out simple drinks, apple juice, coke, hot/cold tea/coffee but nothing to eat. For those understand Japanese, a 60-min-TV documentary-like program is on during the flight. Economy seats are a bit cramped. Usually B777s are configured 3-3-3, but ANA made them 3-4-3 instead. B787-8 has newer seats (still 3-4-3), bigger window and better interior lighting, but still no change in in-flight services.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  5 November 2013 by B U-Ning Liu   (USA)

Flight 1010 from Narita to Newark on 11/3/2013 in economy 34H. I fly 2-3 times internationally per year, on all different airlines, and the service was among the best I'd experienced. The staff were attentive and polite and hardworking. They neve stopped working - every minute or so someone else would walk by and offer us water, or hot tea, or a small towel. I asked if there was an extra packet of rice crackers I could have, the attendant returned within 60 seconds and offered me a tray on which were 3 different rice cracker selections. I felt well taken care of.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  4 November 2013 by E Simon   (USA)

LAX-HND-GMP-HND-LAX 772 and 763. HND on the older 777-200. Seat is slightly harder, but not uncomfortable during each 10+hour flight. I am 5'10, with long legs. Seat pitch just good enough. TV's sufficient for the purpose, with just enough English offerings doing two red-eyes. However, half were 'classic' movies, so you may run out of new things by second leg if you do not sleep. One complete meal prior to landing, with a snack after departure. Snack was a bit lacking, but the meal was good. Service is truly excellent. Staff is very polite, but English levels vary greatly. 767-300 intra-asia. Same entertainment, better crew English levels?, full meal despite 2 hour flights.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  4 November 2013 by Tom Mannion   (USA)

October 26, non-stop 777 service from NRT to IAD, business class, seats 8 A and C. We were in the older aircraft, not the new staggered seat layout. A wonderful crew, fantastic, multi-course lunch, old style video machines (not screens) and somewhat uncomfortable seats made for a good, but not perfect flight. A focus on the food, delicious Japanese choice of seafood and rice served in three courses by the always smiling, gracious flight attendants, makes the trip a very pleasant memory.

October 2, business class, SEA to NRT on the Dreamliner, 787. A terrific aircraft, a fantastic crew and delicious food! One drawback: the seats in the center, side by side, with the staggered cabin arrangement, provided too much privacy for us traveling as a couple. The center console is so high we could not see each other while seated, could not converse, could not share the dining experience. So one of us moved to an empty seat across the aisle and our flight became a shared experience. The business cabin was almost empty on this flight. The cabin crew were always available, always smiling, and the bow before the safety announcements, so wonderfully Japanese.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  21 October 2013 by L Kopp   (USA)

We flew ANA biz class, ORD to NRT recently and were very pleased by everything. The food, seat comfort and especially the gracious service provided were excellent. I see Why they are a 5* airline.

ANA All Nippon Airways Customer review :  8 October 2013 by Dwip Kitayaporn   (Thailand)

Flew BKK-NRT-ORD on NH916 (27/08/13) to connect NH12 (28/08/13) and then ORD-NRT-BKK via NH11 (07/09/13) and NH915 (08/09/13) on B/C. Excellent inflight services on all flights. Very profession crew. Well designed dining table on the NRT-ORD legs that allows easy movement even when meals are served. The only negative side is the B767 for the BKK-NRT legs which have rather poor quality IFE screens.