ANA All Nippon Airways Passenger Reviews and ANA Customer Trip Reports

ANA customer review :  26 April 2012 by Cecil Sbandi (USA)

Purchased ticket from Washington DC to Manila on United/Continental's website. Flight from Narita to Manila on ANA. No way to select seats so I assumed we have to check-in with ANA in Narita. Apparently, they assigned my husband's and my seat, and we're not sitting together. An agent told us there were no available seats, however, another agent found us seats together. I asked about our return flight and was told I need to check-in 24 hours prior to my flight. When I tried to check-in, I was unable to do so, I was told we were flagged as no-show for the NRT-MNL flight and they therefore cancelled our MNL-NRT flight. When United tried to investigate, the best anyone could do is to put us in as wait listed for the NRT-MNL flight. United was able to move us to a later flight. Very poor customer service and very unsatisfactory way of doing business.

ANA customer review :  25 April 2012 by David Venton (UK)

LHR-NRT, 777-300ER. Very smooth and enjoyable flight, inflight meals delicious and presentable. Flight attendants extremely pleasant and courteous throughout the 11 hour flight, every request made was dealt with in a professional and courteous manner. Will definitely travel ANA again in September from LHR.

ANA customer review :  23 April 2012 by P Dandoy (Chile)

HKG-NRT return. If you are tall, Y class is very small, the seat does not recline, it slides, so you end up with your knees in the seat in front. Still very bearable for a 4 hour flight. The food is good and varied as an economy product. It beats business class fare of many western airlines! I have a gluten free meal which was very nice. The crew make you feel welcome. A little less public announcements, which are inaudible anyway would be welcome indeed.

ANA customer review :  2 April 2012 by C Kim (USA)

Flew on the newly refurbished 777-300 from Los Angeles to Tokyo-Narita. Check-in was slow. Flight attendants were extremely helpful with my requests and remained consistent in their service. Two meals served and they were both good. The same cannot be said of the seats though as it was not possible to recline them, but only have them slide forward, which made sleeping impossible. I agree with other reviews with regards to inflight entertainment as it can feel redundant after a couple of hours. Great service and a good enough inflight product.

ANA customer review :  30 March 2012 by Peter Goldsbury (Japan)

Hiroshima to Tokyo Haneda and back on the new Boeing 787. Premium Class was full and Economy Class was quite full. Both flights were quite smooth and inflight service, which in Economy Class consisted of drinks served in paper cups, was clinically efficient. Seats were somewhat hard and would have become uncomfortable on a longer flight. The inflight tracking and entertainment system was sophisticated, but ANA have done away with the cameras showing take-off and landing.

ANA customer review :  29 March 2012 by T Padilla (USA)

Business class from San Francisco to Narita in early February. Ground staff were friendly and flight attendants were first rate and very attentive. I enjoyed the pod seats that went into flat beds and provided a level of privacy. The western food was very good. Flight attendants offered me a second meal. As a result I asked to let me rest until a particular hour and to be awoken to have the second meal. Inflight entertainment more than adequate.

ANA customer review :  27 March 2012 by C Dickens (USA)

I missed my scheduled flight from Okinawa to Tokyo. Staff in Okinawa did everything to get me on another flight so I had a chance to meet my connecting flight. There was a woman waiting for me when I got off the plane and ran with me to the bus to take me to the international side of airport. Very quickly they had a ticket for the Tokyo flight and the rest of my connecting flights back to Orlando. I made it to the gate in time for my connecting flight. I could not have done this if it was not for all the help I got from ANA staff.

ANA customer review :  26 March 2012 by Stephen Guerguy (USA)

SFO-NRT-BKK return. Staff were very attentive, constantly coming by with drinks, hot towels at the beginning/end of the flight, etc. Food was fantastic - Japanese option and American option. They served breakfast and dinner on legs from SFO-NRT return. Only complaint is that the seat didn't recline, instead the seat portion slid forward.

ANA customer review :  22 March 2012 by P Tracy (USA)

NRT-ORD March 2012, Boeing 773. ANA desperately needs to update their AVOD entertainment system. There is no excuse for airlines not to have the touch-screen system with larger screens. Still using the 1990s version where one channel = one movie. Plane was clean, but didn't seem new.

ANA customer review :  22 March 2012 by R Shankar (Japan)

TPE-NRT in Business. Flights on time, the aircraft immaculate and the crew extremely efficient and friendly. Adding to this was the delicious inflight meal and green tea. An airline that knows how to take care of passengers.

ANA customer review :  21 March 2012 by L Ball (USA)

Boeing 767 from Honolulu to Haneda. Flight attendants greeted almost every passenger and service was excellent. Choice of Japanese or Western meal. Flight attendants frequently offering hot hand towels, juice, and crackers. Inflight entertainment seemed very old-fashioned. Overall, great food and service with excellent staff. My only problem was the inflight entertainment.

ANA customer review :  17 March 2012 by Jan Nattier (Thailand)

Bangkok to Tokyo (Narita) on a flight that departed just before midnight, stunned to find that none of the seats in Economy reclined! This was a 767-300 aircraft. Fight attendants seemed apologetic. No matter how affordable these seats are, I do not recommend anyone take this flight unless he/she intends to stay awake and work all night, sleeping the next day (without a connecting flight)!

ANA customer review :  28 February 2012 by Mark Carter (Canada)

NRT-ORD F Class. Fantastic flight, FA's very professional. Food, drink, and quality of seat all as they should be.

ANA customer review :  25 February 2012 by Jean-Baptiste Legrand (USA)

SFO-NRT on B777-300. Upon boarding, the cabin looked new and clean, but the niceness ended there. ANA's new fixed-back economy seat was the most uncomfortable seat I have had the misfortune to sit in. The legroom was not great, but once the seat slouched forward the legroom became non-existent. FAs were polite and had a permanent, rather fake-looking smile plastered their faces the entire flight. The first meal service, was tasty and filling. The second meal was Western and not very good. The seat-back PTVs were good-sized, however the selection of entertainment mostly Japanese/East Asian.

ANA customer review :  4 February 2012 by A Tsai (USA)

Nice service attitude, affordable, clean bathrooms, and sometimes decent food. However, the flight attendants have poor English language skills. I had to translate what they said to many other Americans during the flight. On another flight (Japan to Taiwan), flight attendants don't even speak Mandarin/Chinese, which makes me wonder why because many Chinese people travel that flight route. The food varies each time. I had great in flight meals in early 2011 (April-June), but towards the end of 2011, the food got worse in quality. Hope they can improve in 2012. Their economy seats are uncomfortable. The seats do not recline at all, do not recommend for long flights.

ANA customer review :  27 January 2012 by R Gamba (Canada)

MNL-NRT-SFO in Business Class. Both flight segments were perfect. Service was second to none. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful. Food offering in the lounge and onboard were amazing. Planes were clean. Love the new staggered configuration on the NRT-SFO segment, especially the small cabin between the first class and the main business class cabin. The sleepwear provided made for a comfortable sleep.

ANA customer review :  26 January 2012 by K Suzuki (USA)

Washington DC-Tokyo frequent flyer. I usually fly business class, but I booked Premium Economy. Service and meals are always excellent (meals not so good in economy class). I wish Washington DC got the same equipment as New York. The new business class, staggered, looks so much better.

ANA customer review :  24 January 2012 by T Orr (New Zealand)

MUC-NRT in Economy as part of a Star Alliance RTW. Managed to get an exit row window, plenty of legroom and able to get a decent night's sleep. Good selection of English and Japanese programmes on IFE. Food unimpressive but edible, and selection of drinks was more than adequate. Service impeccable - FAs were lovely, helpful and quick to respond to requests. Nearly an hour late leaving MUC due to traffic and de-icing but we were kept well-informed and still landed at NRT on time. Will use ANA again.

ANA customer review :  21 January 2012 by P Micallef (Malta)

SFO to Narita onward to Manila in the new business class cabin. I was impressed at the high levels of service. The food was good and plentiful. Entertainment options on AVOD could be better though I did find things to watch. Amenities were made available in the bathrooms, no individual amenity kit given out in business but you get a pair of slippers. It was the first time with ANA and will not be the last, they have an excellent product, fine service and efficient.

ANA customer review :  18 January 2012 by Paul Devinsky (USA)

Wonderful customer service flying from Washington Dulles to Narita yesterday. I arrived late to Dulles airport - about 35 or 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure and after the computer closed the flight. One of the ground crew called to the gate - had the flight reopened, checked me in and escorted me through security, to the gate and right to my seat! Every few minutes he alerted the gate crew of our progress and exact location by walkie talkie.

ANA customer review :  17 January 2012 by B Cheng (USA)

Bangkok-Narita-San Francisco. Inflight service excellent on both sectors with a good selection of food. Narita- San Francisco had the new staggered layout, which is very comfortable. However, the transfer at Narita was terrible. Only two out of the three security stations were staffed. Stood in line waiting to go through the transfer security check for over 45 minutes. By the time I was through security, the San Francisco flight was already boarding and I was unable to use the lounge. With ANA adding more international flights out of Narita, I can imagine that this is only going to get worse.

ANA customer review :  11 January 2012 by B Orana (Australia)

Singapore to New York City. The seats are designed to recline without moving the piece in front of the person behind you, also making mealtimes easier. I usually travel Singapore Airlines, but I am forced to conclude this was better. The only downsides were the entertainment, being all in Japanese except for a few romantic comedies and the limited speciality meal selection. Unless you like real Japanese food, avoid this. Staff were fantastic. The price was excellent, given that it was their standard, and being part of Star Alliance, I was able to collect all the miles on my Krisflyer card.

ANA customer review :  12 December 2011 by A Huynh (Canada)

NRT-SGN. Flight departed a little late but we arrived on time in Vietnam. Flight staff were very friendly and food was excellent. The aircraft was clean and seats we comfortable. I would definitely flight ANA again.

ANA customer review :  2 December 2011 by V Singh (USA)

NRT to IAD. Excellent service, great on-demand entertainment. Exceptionally small economy seats. According to Seatguru, the seats are 2" thinner than most airlines, and you can definitely feel it. For such long flights, I suggest choosing SQ or UA, instead of ANA.