American Eagle Passenger Reviews and American Eagle Customer Trip Reports

1 2

American Eagle Customer review :  2 October 2014 by J Slade    (USA)

Flew from Greensboro, NC to DFW. Flight was supposed to leave around 6 pm on 9/28. After waiting until after 8, we were told the lav was not working and we would be given vouchers and fly out at 7.30 the next morning. We were not helped to find transportation to our hotel although it was late on a Sunday evening and the airport was closing down. We finally got to our hotel at 9.45. Left the next morning at 6 but didn't take off until 8.30 - were told the bathroom issues were still not fixed and we would have to land in Memphis for people who needed a bathroom break. We were forced to deplane, take all our luggage off, then told there were hydraulic problems. We finally left Memphis after 1 and landed at DFW after 3. The people in Greensboro were not helpful nor did we ever feel that we were given accurate information about what was going on. A miserable experience.

American Eagle Customer review :  12 August 2014 by R Hansen    (USA)

For the past two years, I've been flying American Eagle several times a month between St. Louis and Washington DC (DCA), and the service has steadily declined in quality and reliability. At least half of the flights are late (some several hours) and a number have been cancelled (including several evening flights, requiring an overnight stay at my expense). I've tolerated this mediocre service because of convenience (and a distaste for Southwest), but yesterday upon landing at DCA, the new gate arrangement has pushed me to Southwest. Now instead of boarding/deplaning at a terminal gate, the aircraft parks away from the terminal and passengers are transported to the terminal - a process that takes 20-30 minute (not to mention the hassle of standing outside the aircraft on the tarmac waiting for carry-on luggage). I have also heard flight attendants and gate agents confirm the poor operations of this carrier. Fly with American Eagle at your risk.

American Eagle Customer review :  16 July 2014 by A Steward    (USA)

Was flying from Flint to Tulsa through Chicago on American Eagle. Arrived well within the check in window but the airport ticket agents were short staffed the guy who was supposed to be at the American Eagle desk was servicing United Airlines. He informed me he could help me when he was done, which was 30 min after my plane took off. He blamed me for being to the counter late and when processing my new flight changed my final destination to Tuscon instead of Tulsa. Luckily I caught it before being stranded in Chicago and my bags in Tuscon. There were no additional flights that day so its back home and try again tomorrow. I will give Flint a second try but not American Eagle.

American Eagle Customer review :  16 July 2014 by M Lambert    (USA)

Flight booked in Feb. for a vacation in July. We arrived early at airport and checked bags at 12.00 for a flight that was scheduled to board at 6.10 pm. Traveling with my 2 daughters. When we presented our boarding passing at 6.10 we were told the flight was overweight and we were selected to be removed. They did not ask if anyone on flight was willing to take a later flight. Just stated we were selected but not told how selection process works. Don't understand why they waited until we were ready to board. Had we been told 30 min earlier we could have caught another flight that day. They would not remove our luggage or anyone elses to make weight. We were put on a flight the next day and had a layover (purchased flight was direct) arrived at final destination a day late and very grumpy. Our luggage did make it a day earlier. Find it hard to believe that they cut it so close that the weight of 2 average people (1 of us could have gone) makes the difference on flight. I would not fly with them again.

American Eagle Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Jamie Huebner    (USA)

On June 20, 2014 flew from Chicago O'Hare to Little Rock. Two hour delay because they had no flight attendant. Chicago ticket agents not friendly. On the return trip (June 23rd) no reason was given for the numerous delays of the original 4.55 pm flight. Around 5.30 we had a plane, but it had mechanical problems. This went on for some time, then the flight was cancelled. I booked another flight scheduled to leave around 10.15 pm, but it was cancelled because the plane coming in wasn't going to get there on time. The ticket agent supervisor very unfriendly and showed no care at all of what we were going through. They did put passengers in hotels but I have family in the area. Next morning, the 7.30 am flight delayed because we were told via loudspeaker by the ticket agent on duty that 'someone fell down on the job' and didn't book a crew for the right time. Crew came in about 8.45. When we landed in Chicago, there was no jet bridge driver ready to let us off. Needless to say, my last American Eagle flight.

American Eagle Customer review :  6 June 2014 by Andreas Kronenberg    (USA)

American Eagle is a poor choice of transportation and you should consider alternatives. I arrived at the airport from another flight and waited for 3 hours for my flight. Upon arriving at the airport, I checked the boards to double-check that my flight would take off at the same gate as listed on my boarding pass. However, when the time came, my flight wasn't listed. Upon asking about the flight I was informed that they had changed gates (from B21 to B9, far from my location). However, they did not announce any gate changes. I was informed that they don't announce gate changes unless it's less the change is made in the last two hours. Thus, I waited 3 hours (with false information) and missed my flight. I had to stay the night in Dallas and fly standby the next morning. Why would an airline consider a policy of not announcing important gate changes?

American Eagle Customer review :  23 April 2014 by N Viet Tran    (Canada)

We got stranded at Chicago O'Hare due to a missed connecting flight because the incoming flight was 2.5 hours late. We were very tired after a full day of travel and met with stony faced unsympathetic staff at American Eagle Counter at Gate G7. After telling us we would have to spend the night waiting for the next morning flight, we were given the bogus reason of weather delay and sent to AA Counter since we were told it was up to AA to handle our case. There were 2 staff personnel dealing with 2 customers and none would agree to accompany us to the AA Counter. It all ended badly with arguments, the weather was nice departing in West Palm Beach, FL and it was cloudy upon arrival in Chicago - nonetheless our flight came in 2 hours late. We started our day at 9pm in LAX and ended up at that time at 10pm at American Eagle Counter at ORD.

American Eagle Customer review :  16 April 2014 by Harrison Lu    (USA)

14 April 2014. AA4223 from Chicago to St Louis. The new plane is good. 2x2 seats a line with leather seating. They know the plane is full and there won't be enough space for carry on luggage, so encourage people to check in bags for free and pre-board.

American Eagle Customer review :  8 April 2014 by David Kolb    (USA)

I've been stranded in Chattanooga for 2 days with another traveler trying to get to Dallas. I was given the reason of 'weather' and he was told 'mechanical' for cancellation. I will never fly American Eagle again.

American Eagle Customer review :  1 April 2014 by L Buckley    (USA)

SAT-ORD in brand new Embraer 175 aircraft - got upgraded and had the single seat side in First so that really does help but flight was absolutely great - nice meal and drinks with snack in First class and that was welcome on a 2.5 hour flight departing at 6PM. FA quite friendly and the overhead bins were big enough for roller bags - no gate valet. I must say I think AA are making an on time push as I haven't had a late flight this year and that is already 40 flights.

American Eagle Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Fiona Muntz    (UK)

I had a flight from Dallas to Chihuahua in Mexico as part of a bigger trip from London to Chihuahua. The timing between flights meant my baggage didn't make it to Chihuahua at the same time as me - and I was travelling on straight away to Urique to take part in an ultra marathon. I was very worried about my baggage catching-up with me given the remote location I was going to - but the American Eagle airline staff were incredibly helpful and as promised the bag arrived with a smiling face beside it two days later in Urique (and Urique is a day of travel by land from Chihuahua). Excellent service.

American Eagle Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Pavan Leonardo    (Italy)

I was on the red eye from LAX to IAH, business (first) class: tiny canadair jet, which is fine, however it would be nice if it had been cleaned: the armrest still had food debris from the previous flight. I asked the flight attendant for a wet wipe, which he provided by almost throwing it at me. Taking our orders by writing on a paper napkin? Never cracked a smile for the entire flight and in the end he was scolding some of us who dared standing up before he decided it was fine to do so, so a gentleman in the front row, who didn't stand, reminded him that a please and thank you would have been appropriate, and he replied that the crew orders must be obeyed at all times. The food was OK, but nonetheless I cringed when I noticed that with the same tray he collected the dirty refreshing towels and then served tea and coffee. Seats were comfortable for the short flight.

American Eagle Customer review :  28 October 2013 by J Burton    (USA)

Very unfriendly attendant at Gate B33 for DFW to MSN flight (3.35 departure) on Oct. 27th. She told my travel partner that she was too busy to deal with him. He was trying to fly standby on an earlier flight. So my friend sat down and waited, then went back up to the desk 10-15 minutes before the flight left, and she told him he should have asked someone else to help him and that she couldn't help him this close to the flight departure. Flight left with empty seats that he could not get on, because this agent just simply didn't want to do her job. Horrible service. Very unfriendly, rude agent. I would never fly American Eagle.

American Eagle Customer review :  23 October 2013 by J Becker    (USA)

Flew American Eagle from Newark to ORD. Flight went well. Flight attendants were very friendly. Flight was delayed by half an hour and they never made any announcements though, leaving us confused in the terminal. Once in the air, everything was smooth and no problem. Comfortable chairs on this particular airplane and only 2 on each side, so no middle seats.

American Eagle Customer review :  13 September 2013 by Mike Palmer    (UK)

A short hop from Grand Rapids to O'Hare on an EMB140. Cramped interior with narrow seats and overhead lockers on one side only. Late departure and early arrival with a water service offered on the 40 min journey by a friendly cabin attendant.

American Eagle Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Brian E Smith    (Japan)

RDU-LGA/JFK-RDU in economy on American Eagle in an EMB 140. I am gold with Delta and never fly American; however, I was satisfied with the customer service on the ground in all airports. However, the in-flight experience was dreadful. Thank goodness I was only on the plane one hour, otherwise these tiny, ancient, dirty, decrepit airplanes would make anyone go crazy. The seats are narrow, even on the single aisle side. The ceilings are very low, possibly barely 6 feet, or less. There is little or no overhead storage room, so don't think about bringing an overnight case like you would on a normal plane. You will be forced to check them at the gate. FA's were fine as was the standard beverage service.

American Eagle Customer review :  22 June 2013 by Donnie Hagan    (USA)

My experience with American Eagle is usually satisfactory. However, on a return flight from Dallas to Waco on June 16, we were forced to change boarding gates "five" times. The flight was full, so this group of people herded back and forth chasing gate changes for hours. The flight left 2 hours late. Not a pleasing experience. I am an AAdvantage customer and was not happy.

American Eagle Customer review :  20 June 2013 by J Tomblin    (USA)

My husband and I flew from Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Il on June 7, 2013. On this particular day there were thunder storms and high winds all up and down the east coast. While we were waiting one flight had to return to the airport because of the weather and another was cancelled. Our flight was a bit late and had to circle the airport for a while, waiting to land - all due to the weather. Though our flight was a little late, we made up time in flight and landed almost the time we were supposed to land. Though the plane was small, it was comfortable. Our carry on baggage was put under the plane just before boarding and collected again as we left. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. We were pleased.

American Eagle Customer review :  13 June 2013 by J Steip    (Canada)

1st flight, YYZ-JFK cancelled. Had to rebook and scramble to get an earlier flight so we didn't miss our connection to BCN. 2nd flight JFK-YYZ, delayed 1 hr, then 2hrs, then 3hrs, then 4hrs. Made to sit at the gate for updates that never came. Told we were missing a captain. Told captain was coming "at his leisure" by the gate agents. Told we were receiving no announcements over the PA because there was nothing to announce.

American Eagle Customer review :  11 June 2013 by E Pisula    (USA)

PIT-ORD, 10-Jun-2013: Missed connection to NRT, Japan due to malfunctioning landing (would not retract) due to pilot having to return to departing airport (PIT). Could not get an acceptable flight to connecting airport (ORD). Plane also had 3 non-functional seats which caused gate agent to announce that the flight was in an "over- booked" situation. This was most definitely my worst flying experience in over 40 years of business travel. Will not book on American Eagle again!

American Eagle Customer review :  4 June 2013 by G Johnston    (Bahamas)

Travel often between Nassau Bahamas and Miami. Stopped flying them for many years. Delayed flights, cancelled flights, luggage often does not come on flight. Last night June 2, 2013, topped them all. Returning from vacation in D.R. on American, had to get on American Eagle 3470 to get home to Nassau. 9.05pm scheduled flight. Around 8pm they posted that it was delayed 9.30. Then around 8.45pm, they posted that the flight was delayed until 1.30am, agent said they were waiting for crew! They are disorganized, rude and never tell a straight story. I was able to get a hotel room in Miami and they booked me on Bahamas Air the next morning. Found out they ended up completely cancelling this flight. Some people sat there waiting until after 1am until they were finally told the flight was cancelled. This is such a common occurrence, especially from my past experience with American Eagle.

American Eagle Customer review :  3 June 2013 by Terry McCamish    (USA)

Delayed from Lubbock to Dallas for bad weather today. There was no bad weather, we drove over a hundred miles to get to the airport. The entire staff were rude and scheduled us for tomorrow. Tried calling them to get a earlier flight, and we were hung up on. Will never use American Eagle again.

American Eagle Customer review :  6 May 2013 by Y Ren    (Australia)

JFK-YUL flying an Embraer 1x2 rows. Using American airline JFK flagship lounge, it is probably the best American lounge. I have been told I must go to gate at 8.50 for 9.30 flight. Well I was there by 8.30 pm, waited until 9.15 pm I have been told the flight delay because crew is not on board. Another 30 minutes, I walked to the counter again and I have been told engineers are on board fixing problems. By 10.45 pm I went to the counter again and I have been told there is another plane will arrive in 10 minutes and they will change aircraft. 11pm the pilots walked out the arrived plane and ready to go home. Half way the terminal one ground staff called them back and after some phone calls, pilots back on the plane again. 11.20 boarding started 11.45 took off at JFK. Cabin crew only did safety demo and hand out landing card. No drinks or anything served. Pilot just said try to get to Montreal as fast as he can. We landed at YUL 1am. From the beginning to the end, not one person apologised for the delay. I will try to avoid this airline in the future.

American Eagle Customer review :  2 May 2013 by N Marenco    (USA)

Miami to Atlanta, flying an Embraer. 1x2 rows. No storage for carry on inside the plane. They made us walk thru the rain to board the aircraft. The flight took off more than an hour late. Price was USD350 but they don't even give a full can of coke. I tried to purchase a snack but they don't accept my American Airlines credit card. Very uncomfortable seat. I would avoid American eagle in my future flights.

American Eagle Customer review :  2 April 2013 by B Wijesinghe    (USA)

DCA-JFK-DCA, CRJ 700. High marks for operating on a forecast heavy snow day, when many other airlines cancelled. Weather turned out to be fairly mild at both DCA and JFK that day. This is commuter regional service, and works well only for a flight of no longer than 1.5 hours each way (approx. 250 miles). I connected at JFK to a Cathay Pacific international flight. CRJ 700 aircraft on both segments were quite new, very quiet, clean and reasonably comfortable in First Class. Yet, the so-called First Class seat offers nothing, with no leg rest or entertainment system. All standard carry-on bags must be valet checked and causes delays at the destination, especially if connecting quickly to another flight. A beverage was served, and a small bag of trail mix was given outbound, but only given to me on the inbound flight because I asked. American Eagle gate counters tend to be a bit chaotic, especially at JFK, as several flights board from the same gate entrance. Both flights were on time, the flight attendants were reasonably friendly and my checked luggage delivered without too much delay. Overall, this is the most basic way to connect by air (even in so-called First Class) between two airports that are about 250 miles apart. On this trip, the flights worked very efficiently for that purpose only. I would not want to fly on a commuter regional jet for a longer trip.

American Eagle Customer review :  20 February 2013 by Tony Slingerland    (Canada)

Original flight out of Fresno was 9.15am, at approx. 8.30 the sign was changed to delayed to 10.30. At approx. 10.00 it was changed to delayed to 2.20pm and we were told to go back to the front counter and get our tickets renewed. Stood in line for 2 hours and then had to go through customs for the second time, same long line. At approx. 1.50pm we were told flight was cancelled and that we all had to go back to the front desk again and get rescheduled for another flight. After standing in line again for a couple of hours we finally got tickets for a flight the next day. They did supply us with a room for the night but no transportation to get there. They gave us a coupon for supper for $12.00 and $7.00 for breakfast - what a joke. Did make it home the next day.

American Eagle Customer review :  6 February 2013 by Rahul Sivagaminathan    (USA)

ORD-CVG. They delayed my wife's flight by 5.5 hours after the flight landed because the crew were not ready. I have used them only twice and they delayed flights not because of weather both the times. A very unreliable airline.

American Eagle Customer review :  11 January 2013 by Gene Eatinger    (USA)

I got delayed for a day in Dallas-Ft. Worth due to snow there, on a Phoenix to Kansas trip. Granted, it was Christmas Day, and employees could have been short-handed, but frankly American seemed quite unprepared to deal with the chaos and re-scheduling necessities that ensued. Customers were obliged to wait in long lines to re-schedule, with few ticketing or gate agents to assist them. Next day was worse, with no more employees in sight to handle the customers. Gate staff were swamped and customers departing to different destinations were on top of one another at the same gate, awaiting delayed flights. Fortunately, I encountered helpful American Airlines and airport staff that humanized the experience and assisted me.

American Eagle Customer review :  16 October 2012 by R Lubbers    (USA)

RT from MLI to LEX involving connection at ORD each way. I have been flying for 45 years - this is without question the worst possible round-trip experience I have had. We were 90 minutes late leaving MLI (first flight of the morning) due to problems with a thrust reverser. Had a 45 minute wait. Overheard the pilot tell another passenger what the problem was - why was there never an announcement to the rest of the passengers? As a result, we arrived ORD 15 min too late to make the connection. Next flight to LEX was 6 hours later and was sold out - next possible seats were 9 hours later. American did agree to let us travel to Louisville (SDF) instead, but had to rent a car with a hefty drop charge. Finally arrived in Lexington 3.5 hours later than planned. Return trip a few days later was worse - left LEX and arrived ORD on time. Had a 2.5 hour layover. The time came to board with no announcement. 30 minutes later, told the aircraft had landed and we would board "shortly". Another 30 minutes passed and the gate was changed, requiring a hike down the concourse. Finally boarded 2.5 hours after original departure time. Clearly there were mechanical issues at work, and AA does not want to admit to them. I would avoid this airline completely in the future, but unfortunately, their competition is equally indifferent to passengers and equally incompetent.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  2 October 2012 : by L Lehnert   (Mexico)

GDL-LGA via DFW: I had two American Eagle flights on last week's trip from GDL to LGA via DFW. The flight to DFW from GDL was on a plane with 2 seats on one side of the aisle and 3 on the other. I had one of the 2 seats. The seat was fine and there was no one sitting beside me. Overall, the flight was comfortable and the distance between the seats appeared to me to be somewhat greater than I have seen in coach on a major rival carrier. The flight was half-empty. The return flight from DFW to GDL was on an Embraer with 1 seat on one side of the aisle and 2 abreast on the other side. I was in the single seat. This flight was full. A smooth flight with a smooth landing.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  17 September 2012 : by R Wilkinson   (USA)

IAH to LAX. This was a pretty standard flight. The plane was small and the seats were uncomfortable, feels like taking the bus, but for a short flight it is hard to complain too much. The plane was a commuter with 2 sets on 1 side of the aisle and 1 on the other. I am 6'5 so my knees constantly dug into the seat in front of me and turbulence was painful like most economy class seats. The service staff was among some of the most friendly I have seen on a domestic airline, but I'm sure that it varies from flight to flight. Captain displayed good communication with the passengers. Offered the usual non-alcoholic drinks in a small cup. I can't give any airline a good ranking on food and beverage that will charge for a bag of crackers. The flight departed and arrived on time, however, at LAX American Eagle crams you into a shuttle shoulder to shoulder to go to the main terminals. Overall not a bad experience and I will probably use them next time I fly to LAX.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  21 August 2012 : by L Carr   (USA)

I fly American Eagle a couple of times a month on business. The flights are almost always on-time. My only real complaint is the condition of the fleet - they really need to update their planes. The planes are incredibly cramped, the seats are hard, the storage is non-existent some wi-fi would be great for us business travelers. It's confusing that they accept only cash on board for alcohol/snacks, when with most other carriers (including AA) it's the other way around. Still, it's much better than UA Express, to name one other regional carrier I've flown with recently.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  6 August 2012 : by Don Smith   (USA)

Four flights. First and second leg out were fine, no problems and on time. Return to Dallas on third leg was also good. Last leg home out of Dallas was to board at 5pm, Waiting at gate after 5 and agent announced that the flight crew was late. Captain arrived about 5.15, but no Flight Attendant or First Officer. Substitute FA obtained, and was told about 5.30 that FO was due shortly. 6pm, still no FO, but Captain had us board. Sat in hot plane (101 degrees outside) but FA did distribute water. Captain left cockpit, returned around 7 pm, and told us to leave the plane, as he did not know when the FO would get there. 7.15 substitute FO arrived, we re-boarded and lifted off from the runway around 7.40, arriving at our destination around 8.30pm. Plane had to wait for ground crew to finish with a Chicago arrival before we could get to the gate. Off the plane at 8.50.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  18 June 2012 : by Kyle Hamrick   (USA)

Had a wonderful 1st flight with my fiancé. While we were on a short flight and sitting in coach, the flight attendants made us feel as though we were in 1st class! I would highly recommend this airline for anyone looking for a comfortable trip.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  14 June 2012 : by Jon Hersey   (USA)

Arrived in Nashville from Miami. Frustrating how much bad service they cram into such a short flight. When we got to our gate we were informed without apology that the gate had been changed. Once onboard it was apparent that we would be served with the same lack of professionalism. Having boarded 20 minutes late, the pilot made up the time. My wife fell asleep but condensation from the air unit above started dripping on her. The seat front pocket was torn so badly that their included magazines kept spilling out onto the floor. After de-boarding those with gate checked luggage had to line up in the hall and wait for them. I was pleased that mine was second because it turned out that nearly everyone had a gate checked luggage thanks to more or less standard baggage fees. This made for a very messy de-planing. This is a time when companies like American Eagle should be attempting to compensate for their less maintained appearance by upping the ante on customer service. Sadly, they are moving in the opposite direction.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  29 May 2012 : by N Osborne   (USA)

Service was terrible. I flew from LGA to RDU day before yesterday. I had turned on the call light to get assistance. Attendant stood in the aisle talking to the guy a few rows up twice and never came even to ask what I needed. Someone cut the light off 3 times (and I again called). No one ever came to acknowledge the light much less to see what I needed. When, on my way out, I asked if she had seen my light (trying to give her the benefit of the doubt) she said they couldn't move around when the seatbelt light was on. The fasten seatbelt light wasn't on, and she was moving around.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  8 May 2012 : by Victor Neagu   (Moldova)

DCA-JFK on an Embraer 140. Flight was on time. Airplane has seen much better days, FA didn't really care about passengers, but overall ok. For such a short flight I have no major complaints. Got me to my destination on time.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  13 April 2012 : by D Manning   (USA)

JFK-ORF. Embraer 145 was very clean and quiet. Flight attendant was polite and helpful. The free drinks were a nice touch, and the Captain seemed friendly over the PA system. There was very little or no turbulence, so the ride was smooth. I will fly American Eagle again if necessary.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  16 September 2011 : by E Bandlow   (Japan)

DTW to ORD. ERJ 145s are a little claustrophobic for tall people. Good enough plane for the 52 mins flight to Chicago. Wouldn't care for a much longer flight on one though. Flight attendant was very cheerful.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  5 August 2011 : by Sergio Pereira   (USA)

MIA-CLE, a 3 hr flight, on an ERJ 145. Very uncomfortable for the length of the flight, and I am a small person. The only plus side was that being Executive Platinum I was offered free cocktails which was a nice gesture.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  5 August 2011 : by David Naert   (Belgium)

ORD-YYZ and YUL-ORD. Comfortable flights, free drinks (non-alcoholic). YUL-ORD delayed to oil problem with one of the engines, but were kept regularly informed by flight crew.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  26 June 2011 : by H Schneider   (Australia)

Flew from Chicago-Columbus, Ohio. Flight delayed by 10 hrs. We were told only in 30-60 min. intervals and other airlines, which left on time were flying half empty. Similar problem 2 days later going back to Chicago. Will avoid AE in future if at all possible.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  1 April 2011 : by R Spicer   (USA)

San Diego - Los Angeles - Fresno. All the flights on Embraer 140 which I found roomy and comfortable. Leaving San Diego it was foggy and the gate agent was concerned and put us and other passenger on an earlier flight (the flight we were supposed to be on ended up cancelled). On a short 28 minute flight the flight attendant managed to serve beverages to a full aircraft. Our next flight to Fresno boarded early and left early with only around 10 people on board. Basic flight with a drink service and an early arrival into Fresno. American Eagle crews showed they care about passengers helped us avoid a potentially bad situation.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  23 March 2011 : by Jose Montoya   (USA)

LGA-ATL on one of American Eagle's CRJ 700. In addition to a great flight and service what impressed me the most was to be on an American Eagle airplane that had been cleaned prior to departure. Attentive crew members and this service and experience is usually not the norm - but this was a great flight.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  7 February 2011 : by Sara Morgan   (USA)

Absolutely appalling. Sat on tarmac for 2hrs 50 mins, told staff that I would miss my 1:30am flight to HKG, totally indifferent. Wouldn't let us off plane, although obvious that we would miss connection. 10 minutes before arriving at Toronto, pilot made announcement that Cathay were holding the flight for us - we shot off plane into an empty, closed down airport. Cathay had left ages ago, and we found out later they will not hold a plane for passengers unless baggage is loaded. Crew lied to us, so they wouldn't have to help. We wandered around the closed airport all night, and when found AA airline staff, were told that we would have to fly back to NY, to catch a flight in the afternoon - no compensation whatsoever, and arrived in HKG totally exhausted. AA should have met us at gate - we were told later by an AA staff, who confided that in her 25 years of work in the airline, she had never seen such a decline in customer service. Flight back was also delayed, deadheading a pilot - so we waited 3 hours.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  17 January 2011 : by A Becker   (USA)

Gainesville to Miami non-stop. Gainesville airport is only serviced by three airlines so my choices were limited. Flight was OK, a 64 seat ATR-72 showing its age but in decent shape. The flight was 1hr 20mins but we were still served drinks. American Eagle is good in that you can pick your seat when you book the ticket online, unlike some airlines which charge you. A warning though, the ATR-72 has overhead bins but they are too small for regular carry-on bags. Things like backpacks and purses will fit but that's about it. If you do have a standard luggage carry on, you will check it in right before you get to the plane, and once you get off the plane it'll be there waiting for you. The ATR-72 boards from the back of the plane, so pick seats in the back, and you'll be off the plane first.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  29 November 2010 : by R King   (Australia)

LAX-DEN. Very lucky to make my connection off a QANTAS flight from Australia due to delays in LAX security (even though 2 hours between flights). I made it to the gate, but then told that I had to get a bus which wasn't arriving for another 10 minutes. This should be advised somewhere because I was not made aware of this fact. The Eagle terminal is ok but nothing to eat other than vending machines. ERJ140 flight across to Denver was very good - I have flown the ERJ a few times on AE recently and it is very comfortable for a regional jet. Had the single seat on the left hand side next to the aisle - fine for a 2 hour flight. Overall I don't mind flying on the ERJ - it beats a turboprop anyday!

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  29 November 2010 : by J Drolet   (Canada)

Chicago ORD to YYC on a small CR7 jet. Overhead compartments won't take rollerbags so they have to be gate checked. Seats are small & uncomfortable. Fortunately the flight was less than half full so I sprawled out in the 2 economy seats in my row. The CR7 is too small of a plane to fly 3-4 hrs in. FAs pleasant and attentive enough.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  16 November 2010 : by Matthew Ogilvie   (Australia)

DCA-JFK as part of international trip. Check in staff extremely rude and abrasive. Wanted to charge for bag, even though I was clearly on an international ticket. Problem solved by Admirals Club staff member who was superb and redeemed the flight. Was not warned that small Embraer cannot accommodate carry-ons, which lead to delays and confusion during boarding. FA was unfriendly and seemed utterly disinterested in safety demo.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  28 October 2010 : by S Wijesinha   (USA)

DCA-JFK-DCA, ERJ 140. Outbound flight was very good with on-time service, an efficient and pleasant flight attendant plus informative crew. The inbound flight left the gate on time at JFK, but didn't take off for another hour. Flight attendant provided minimal service. The outbound aircraft was newer, but both were clean though the ERJ 140 is not comfortable, due to the curvature of the fuselage at floor level. Checked baggage and valet cabin bags were delivered promptly. Overall, this regional connector was acceptable for a flight of less than an hour, not counting the pre-takeoff delay at JFK. Ticket price was higher than justifiable for this short flight.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  25 September 2010 : by A Lozhkin   (Russia)

DCA-JFK. Truly appalling experience. Apart from the 2.5 hrs delay, due to which I missed a connection, display of apathy, indifference and condescension from multiple employees. The ground staff at DCA couldn't even advise if the incoming plane was in the air or not, instead kept drip-feeding announcements of 30 mins delay each time. The lady didn't even have the decency to call JFK and explain my situation. At JFK, in the middle of the night, no AA staff was to be found, finally a supervisor appeared at 5am and just sniggered at my problem of having missed the flight to Korea - not their problem, apparently. The plane was shabby, dirty and windows were barely kept together with a sticky tape.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  2 September 2010 : by Liam Buckley   (USA)

XNA-ORD-XNA. First class seats comfortable but overhead storage limited as the singe seat side on CRJ has had the bins removed. 3 Rows of first class on CRJ in a 1+2 format. Under seat storage is ample allowing 2 bags to be brought on board avoiding their annoying valet bag service that can take 30 minutes from landing to complete. In flight drinks and snacks very nice with pleasant FA - Gate agent was awful and tried to stop anyone bringing 2 carryons on (1 personal item and a bag that fits overhead) - young and impetuous. The addition of First Class on their CRJ has been a definite boost for this carrier - even in coach their drink selections have got better. Now I seek out CRJ flights.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  14 August 2010 : by A Jalandoni   (USA)

ORD-EVV on ERJ-145. Efficient and friendly male flight attendant. Plane small but overall, fairly comfortable, clean and well maintained. Flight attendant did a round of drinks and came back to offer seconds. On time departure and good service. Not bad for such a short flight.

AMERICAN EAGLE customer review :  7 June 2010 : by Philip Whitehead   (UK)

I flew American Eagle between San Diego and Los Angeles International to catch an onward flight to London. The service was excellent on this very short flight (27 minutes). The flight attendant was friendly and diligent and made sure that everyone got a drink even though we were landing as soon as we took off. The flight left on time and landed early - can't ask for much more than that.

1 2