American Airlines Passenger Reviews and American Airlines Customer Trip Reports

American Airlines Customer review :  27 March 2014 by S Sidal    (Canada)

My husband and I travelled from San Juan to Miami and to Seattle. Nothing was offered in the form of snacks so forget about food. Such a long ride and the seats were very uncomfortable. We had to pay $25.00 for the checked bag. I don't understand how the airlines are getting so cheap. I looked online before I left, and it said there would not be any charge for the checked bag. From Seattle to Atlanta and then to San Juan I travelled on the Delta Airlines and we were given snacks.

American Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by Gary Ho    (UK)

MAN to JFK on British Airways ticket but American Airlines aircraft. Very old B757 aircraft that has not been refurbished. No seat back screens. Only two choices of meal (three on virgin Atlantic). Very average quality and small portion size. Dessert consisted of a couple of biscuits. Crew were pretty good. No complaints and flight was on time. Seating was cramped. Large number of seats converted to extra legroom but for a premium price.

American Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2014 by D James    (USA)

Flight #1361, BNA-LAX on 3/14/2014. 1st class AM flight and was offered Corn Flakes or Oatmeal? Isn't this 1st class. In this day and age I cannot believe this is the offering. Where is the fruit, yoghurt or hot breakfast sandwich? Coach was offered nothing. Nothing to purchase, not even a miniature snack of nuts. This was a 5 hour flight. I expect that length of flight to at the very minimum offer a meal that is available to purchase.

American Airlines Customer review :  25 March 2014 by Brian Robinson    (USA)

Flew on an award economy ticket, RDU-LHR-RDU a very convenient route if you live in NC/SC or Southern VA. Both flights on time, the food edible, the service efficient if not enthusiastic, the seats cramped and uncomfortable. AA deploys a 767-300 on this route, a fine 20th century workhorse but woefully inadequate for the 21st century in passenger comfort and technology - only cabin ceiling monitors for in flight entertainment. The new AA/US combination will need to work hard in the future to match their partner BA and the others competing with them offering US to Europe non stops.

American Airlines Customer review :  24 March 2014 by M James    (UK)

LHR-JFK on my way to Rio and I found that the crew were very unpleasant and had a couldn't care attitude. The connecting flight to Rio was cancelled due to technical issues and a hotel was organised but we had a terrible time getting to he hotel as there was no one to guide or direct us. Very unpleasant experience both ways and the food was a joke too - serving a pizza for breakfast! It was take it or leave it as they had no other options. The crew looked so fed up to be there. I am doing the same journey again but this time definitely it will be a different airline.

American Airlines Customer review :  21 March 2014 by Stephanie Walt    (USA)

Stewardesses were extremely rude on every flight. I had 2 connections from Jacksonville, FL to Long Beach, CA and then 3 connecting flights on the return home. My carry on was well within the measurement requirements, and every time it fit nicely under the seat in front of me. The bag carried my pillow so it appeared to be full. Upon boarding every flight I was harshly informed that "it will not fit and would need to be checked." One lady even tried to take it from me. I had to unnecessarily prove on every flight that it did indeed fit under the seat in front of me. After seeing for her own eyes, one stewardess rolled her eyes and walked away. The beverage service was less than mediocre. Not one staff member appeared to be happy to be there.

American Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Josphe Shu    (USA)

I took AA4244 from DCA to ORD on 3/17/2014. Flight arrived on time, but there was no space for the flight to park, due to the only one bridge being broken. After waiting 45 mins, flight finally got a free bridge. Several people missed the connection. AA could arrange the flight to wait for few mins, as they already knew the flight was waiting outside for the bridge, but they prefer to give us hotel and meal voucher. This has happened several times on my trip. If I could I would not take such an airline again. Very disappointed.

American Airlines Customer review :  19 March 2014 by Leech Tim    (UK)

I would just like to echo the views of A Forrest (Mar 17th). My wife and I have returned from a long weekend in the big apple so endured MAN-JFK return flights over the last few days. The most antiquated, substandard long haul flight that I have taken for a long time! I'm not saying that I will never fly AA again but if there is a choice then AA will not be my first!

American Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Eric Greek    (USA)

3 flights with 3 problems in less than a month. First, bad weather cancels flight, which can hardly be blamed on the airline. Not being able to even reach an agent to rebook for 48 hours and being forced to use an alternate airline to make meeting. Most definitely can. Second, sat on tarmac for an hour waiting, quite literally, for a piece of paper certifying weight, and then being forced to return to gate and refuel when minimum safe fuel line is broken was not fun. Having to literally run to connecting flight is even less fun. Especially when a comfortable wait was programmed into original flight. Third, went to check in for overseas flight, booked by government, and after standing in line (no military bypass in system for check in), was unapologetically and without assistance punted to partner airline to stand in line for another hour. Because people who ticket with AA are just supposed to know this - particularly when standard check in procedures block military travel and leaves you stranded. Do the airlines really think making people wait needlessly and unapologetically is a good thing?

American Airlines Customer review :  17 March 2014 by A Forrest    (UK)

Manchester-JFK. Cannot believe there were no monitors in the back of the headrests, instead monitors on the ceilings so far away you could barely see. The so called inflight entertainment (1 film for a 8.5 hour flight) broke after 10 minutes of starting and was off for an hour then anyway. When the "food" turned up I was given some cold pasta as there was no chicken left so it was this slop or nothing, it was inedible so left it. On the way home there was a 2 hour delay and a gate change from 1 to 35. This time I got chicken but service was done in the dark and again only one film for a transatlantic flight so no distractions there or back which meant plenty of clock watching. This was my first time with American airlines and I can honestly say its the most prehistoric long haul flight I've ever had the misfortune to get on.

American Airlines Customer review :  14 March 2014 by P Matar    (USA)

I flew from IAH to ORD, my next flight was at 9.30 but I couldn't get off the plane because we had no space for the aircraft, I told the flight attendant to let them know that I was running late. She didn't care so ended up missing my flight. Poor service, poor attitude, poor everything!

American Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by Y Gilje    (Norway)

AA51 on two occasions. 6th Jan and 9th March 2014. As a seasoned traveller, countless delays and negative experiences, I still go about it with a smile. The negative experiences that I have, I often just take with a smile. Not so this time. American Airlines provoked me so much on my last flights with them. I travel often in both economy and business as a paying customer. This time I was in business class with "The New" American and their 777-300ER. The product is great, so is the food and the IFE. But the crew of AA are a disgrace. From the moment I stepped on the airplane, an aura of unwelcomeness was hanging in the air. The crew were stressed and did not have time for anything but to run. No smiles, nothing, mostly just grumpy faces. After a dinner service that took forever to get going and that was served with a slap in the face, I went to their famous buffèt of snacks to have some water and some fruit. As I did that, one of the two flight attendants sitting there, asked me: "Didn't you eat already?" I stood there feeling unwelcome. I don't pay a business class ticket to be met by such an attitude. It is simply incredible how unwelcome AA crews can make you feel on their long-haul flights. I'd much rather have bad food and IFE, but a smiling, friendly and service minded crew.

American Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2014 by B Cooper    (USA)

I booked travel 2 months ago for my wedding. The day of the trip, American Airlines cancelled the flight, and put me and my fiancee on a flight 10hrs later (in different seats), when they had other flights available that would've got us there sooner. After they flew us to our connecting flight, they delayed it another hour. I normally fly with Southwest, I will never make the mistake of flying American Airlines again.

American Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by G Jones    (USA)

Flew NRT-ORD in Business, AA 154 on March 10. The seats and service (apart from inflight entertainment) remain not as good than the Japan Airlines flights on the same route, but I saw a real effort to improve. I often find Chicago-based AA cabin attendants particularly surly for some reason, but this trip I was blessed by having an outstandingly efficient and even pleasant Japanese cabin attendant who looked after the Japanese speakers as well as me very well. The connecting flight to BOS, AA 2474 had at least as good cabin crew, and the pilot even shook the hands with the passengers in First before the flight started.

American Airlines Customer review :  12 March 2014 by Flaherty James    (USA)

The newer American Airlines triple 7 with the 2-5-2 seating configuration is a very uncomfortable in economy class. On a recent flight from Buenos Aires to Dallas/Ft. Worth my legs were touching the seat in front of me and so were my wife's. I am about 6 feet and my wife is 5'8. The American 767 from Dallas/Ft. Worth to San Francisco had more leg room. I do not recommend long haul flights in the triple7 in the 2-5-2 configuration.

American Airlines Customer review :  11 March 2014 by H Richard    (USA)

I no longer fly American. I was Platinum for 12 years, but I can no longer deal with their customer service, their change fees and their attitudes. Flying on American is tough enough, but if you have an American Eagle leg in your trip, you are likely to face delays, slow baggage service and attitudes that are even worse than that of other American employees. Eagle will also tend to push your price up, I have chosen to speak with my wallet and to stop giving AA my money.

American Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Ted Chigaros    (USA)

Flew on AA1617 last night from ORD-LAX on a new 737-800 sporting AAs latest interiors, all leather seats in First and Coach. The new colors, seating and IFE systems are pretty outstanding. My congratulations to AA for continuing to add new aircraft and upgrade their aircraft interiors. It makes for a much more enjoyable flight experience.

American Airlines Customer review :  10 March 2014 by Mary Dvorak    (USA)

This is a comment about the "new" American Airlines (American/USAir). My wife, daughter and 15 month grandson flew USAir Express from Washington National to Louisville yesterday for a special occasion. They took off more than 2 hours late because of a broken toilet on the commuter airline (USAir Express). Today, they were scheduled to fly back on American Eagle from Lousville to Washington National on a 1.25pm flight. First, flight was delayed until 3.30pm and now cancelled with no alternative until tomorrow. So, now they are driving back. We will do everything in our power to avoid flying the "new" American.