Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Brian Lachance    (USA)

I have been flying between Orlando-Concord for the last 10 weeks. Not once have they been on time. People at Orlando/Sanford are rude and inconsiderate. They view selling you a ticket as a favor. Last flight into Florida tonight and as usual they are late.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by R Rohrer    (USA)

Flew round trip from Allentown to Orlando/Sanford. Was a little worried as I never herd of Allegiant before and that the planes are old, but we had no problems and they were on time. I would use them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by S Crownover    (USA)

Abysmal. We were notified a mere hour before our flight that it had been delayed a full 25 hours, and procuring vouchers for our hotel was like pulling teeth. Additionally, Allegiant refused to cover the taxi fare that we had accumulated as a result of their screw-up. Their representative said that it should be "good enough" for us that they were "accommodating [us] with a replacement flight!" I spoke with a few travel representatives about this issue, and they informed me that this sort of thing happens all the time with Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Connelly    (USA)

Was supposed to fly from Belleville IL to Sanford Fl. The weather was horrible in STL area and there were tornado warnings issued. It took me 3 hours to get to airport which would usually take 1.5 hours. I tried to call the airline to report that it was dangerous for me to travel but I was on my way. There was a 30 minute wait to speak with a human. When I arrived at the airport, the plane was still there but they said that they closed the door already and could not let me on. The plane pulled out ten minutes early. I was standing there watching the plane pull away from the jetway. No refund, no sorry we left early and didn't let you on., nothing. I will never use this airline ever. Terrible customer service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by T Cook    (USA)

We flew Concord to Orlando and back with Allegiant and we loved it. We were careful to read all the rules about baggage etc, before we got to the airport so we had no issues there. Yes, you do have to pay for even a soda on the flight, but it was not a big deal. The flight was comfortable, the attendants were nice, the flight was a little delayed but not by much and certainly no worse than any other airline. I really don't get all the complaints I have seen on other reviews. I really liked Allegiant!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by P Gieschen    (USA)

Flew St. Petersburg/Clearwater to Rockford IL. on April 5. Flight 876 was delayed 2 hrs due to five attendants calling in sick. Once boarded, we waited another 2 hours before the maintenance check and paperwork were done. Very poor management and unacceptable for a flight service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 April 2014 by L Yardley    (USA)

I have flown with Allegiant only twice, round-trip, from SGF to AZA. Both times we were always on time or even somewhat early. They deliver exactly what you pay for. From the ground crew to the air crew they are all professional and very pleasant. I only hope they continue to grow and look forward to using them more as they add destinations.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Kant    (USA)

TUL to SFB flight and back after a weekend. The main motivation to use this airline was the affordable price and a direct flight to desired destination. We did our homework and were mostly pleased. This airline asks you to sacrifice comfort and charges less for it. If you demand extra they charge you extra. Have your boarding pass ready and be at the airport early. Print out your boarding pass as early as you can to get the best seats, it is very important if you would like to sit with the person on the same reservation. Pack light. We just used the carry on allowed bag that has to fit under the seat. This also allows you to go straight to your gate. All check in bags and bigger carry on ones will be charged extra. The seats do not move but bring your own neck pillow. They allow a lunch pack and I had it with me, so did not have to buy any food on the plane. Well I did buy a can of ice tea for $2. Bottle of water was also $2. Make sure you have an acceptable credit card for that. Restrooms are free! I did not like that the flights I took were both late. 30 and 45min. Not sure why. Seemed like that the first flight had been placed with the different plane (new airbus) since the seating arrangements were off and the second flight had some turbulent weather. Second plane was really old Douglas 80. Staff were nice and helpful. People do forget that this airline is different and demand the same service as on other airlines. Then they get frustrated if they get charged. I think I will fly again with them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Ryan    (USA)

Flew yesterday with my family to Orlando for Spring Break and the flight was great, when your on a budget this is the airline to choose. I read all the negative comments, but every airline has delays. I fly for business at least once a week and I can't count how many times I have been delayed for numerous reasons. Direct flight was a big plus and Orlando/Sanford is an easy airport to get around in and you are out the door with your luggage in 20 minutes once you land. I will definitely use them again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 April 2014 by T Gallagher    (USA)

We flew from Las Vegas to Honolulu on March 27, 2014. Flight to Honolulu had no problems or issues at all, it was on time and everything went smoothly at the airport. Follow their luggage guidelines and check in online and you won't have any problems. Flight from Honolulu to Las Vegas was delayed 4 hours 15 minutes, but they did give each person in my family $16 in food vouchers to use at the airport, the problem was, because of the delay, we missed our shuttle from the Las Vegas airport to the parking garage where our car was. When I asked an Allegiant employee for some suggestions she just said I would have to get a taxi. When I checked in online 24 hours in advance for our flight home, I was able to check everybody in except for myself (we had 10 people total). I tried to check myself in online a few hours later and it worked fine, I just didn't get to sit by my family during the flight. There is no inflight movie, so bring something to do. The seats are super small and there is not much room. No food or drink, not even water is given unless you pay for it, with visa only, no cash. We got extremely affordable flights to Hawaii, and otherwise would not have been able to go if it weren't for price Allegiant offered. You give up luxury and service for affordable pricing, which I think is fair.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Frank Catano    (USA)

I recently traveled from Bangor to Punta Gorda. Upon check in you are asked to pay extra money to sit in preferred seats, unimpressed, considering these are 20+ year old aircraft, not worth the money. Flight was delayed leaving Bangor due to an issues with the APU. Flight Attendants were uninformative, rather sloppy looking, the male purser became annoying by always telling people that he was from Hawaii, and kept making rude comments about other passengers, hardly professional. Landed late into Punta Gorda, no apology for the delay, just more lip from that annoying purser, surprised he didn't break out into another Hawaiian song, just so annoy us. Will never take this awful carrier again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by D Mohr    (Canada)

Plane was supposed to leave Bellingham for Vegas at 9am, and arrive at 11am. Mechanical problem's delayed flight until 12pm. At 12pm we were told our plane was flying to San Diego. This caused an uproar. We were told a plane was coming to get us at noon, it didn't show up until 9.30pm. We arrived in Vegas at 1.30am Friday. A completely wasted day. Staff were not available for question's while we waited for hours. Allegiant's price for flying is the only bonus. Their entire staff are rude and don't seem to have a clue about how to treat a customer.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Rupert    (USA)

I fly Bangor to Punta Gorda or Tampa/St Pete a lot. For what I save in cost, I can't complain. However, my attitude is that I am simply paying to get from point A to point B, safely and on time - and at minimal cost. That always happens. I've had delayed flights on every airline I've ever flown - except Allegiant. That's simply a coincidence, and it will surely happen eventually. It seems people can't wait to post bad news, never the good. Allegiant specializes in low cost flights, so don't compare them to airlines that hype about making your flight the highlight of your vacation. If you want to pay (a lot) extra for all the luxuries, that's your choice - don't fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Getz Bob    (USA)

Flew from Orlando to Lexington, Ky on March 29, 2014. Numerous problems from weather delay (understandable) to plane mechanical problems. All the time this was happening there was very little or no communication from the attendants. We were like wandering sheep trying to figure out where to go and what to do. Obviously little or no direction from management as to what to do when problems arise. I will never fly Allegiant again and urge others to consider the same. Flight scheduled to leave at 1.05pm finally left at 7.30pm. Pitiful.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Patsy Howard    (USA)

My grandson was to leave from Punta Gorda at 4.30 to fly to Fort Wayne, Indiana and was delayed two times. Finally left at 8.30 pm. My niece just left today from Punta Gorda to also fly to Fort Wayne, Indiana and was delayed 4 hours also. My sister is to fly from Fort Wayne to Punta Gorda, tonight, March 29, 2014 and has been delayed four hours also. This is outrageous and I may never use Allegiant Air again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Thomas Cox    (USA)

We were set to fly out of Mesa at 6.45am. Did online check in the night before, got in line to check bag at 5.55. After 20 minutes in line, we got to the counter, checked the bag and the woman said we were too late and would not make our flight! No last call from counter, no indication of a problem and this is a very small airport! So we took our bag, shot through security and they paged us over the intercom to get to the gate. We got to the gate at 6.25, 20 minutes before take off time. We could see the plane, there were approx 25 people still going up the steps and boarding. There was no agent at the gate, we could not get out there! I ran to the next gate, explained and asked her to let us out. She said no one was allowed out inside of the 20 minute deadline. At this point we were 17 mins out. In the end, we stood there, watching people board, they plane take off and we were stuck! When I got back to the ticket desk the woman smiled and said the next flight to my town was in 2 weeks as all others were booked! We had to spend an additional $150 to catch a flight back, 7 hours later to a city 2 hours from where we left our car! When we boarded this flight it was delayed because they were waiting for a passenger! She boarded at 1.55 for a flight set to leave at 2.05! We were furious.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Schaumburg    (USA)

Flew to Bloomington, IL to Sanford, FL and likely wont use them again. Paid for carry-on, carefully measured bags, but made the mistake of stopping at the ticket counter where they said my bag didn't easily fit into the measurement device. Paid $50 extra for checked bag. Others who did not stop at ticket counter had much larger bags and were allowed to carry-on. No complimentary beverages - really? Return trip-although we paid for assigned seats, our boarding pass did not have them, spent couple hours night before to get them re-assigned only to be told upon boarding that we had to find our own seats - no apology - just, "you will be reimbursed". We got differing information from every employee we spoke with regarding: extra baggage fees, seating assignments, how to indicate a lap child, etc. Tried to use the Allegiant iPhone app, which crashed and would not open. Signed up for text message regarding flights - never got a single one. Boarded almost an hour pre-flight and then sat in the plane without moving for over an hour - no explanation for the delay.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Andy Wang    (Canada)

Bellingham to Las Vegas, round trip. Surprisingly, the trip to KLAS was really smooth. Our personal item was a bit big width-wise, but we got through no problem. Our plane arrived few minutes early, the staff were professional and humorous (not expecting that), and the seats weren't that bad. The flight was really smooth. The trip back to KBLI was delayed by an hour because the incoming flight from Bellingham was delayed by the rain, and even though the plane was parked in the gate, both pilots were on the incoming flight. We made up some time because of strong tailwind (the pilots were trying hard to arrive a few minutes earlier). The pilots landed in the wind smoothly. The only thing I dislike about this airline is that you have to pay to select a seat, even upon check-in. When you look at the price tag ($400 for 2 ppl round trip), all those pay drinks could be forgiven, even the expensive carry-on. I think that you see all those negative reviews because people who had positive experience took it for granted (though really those delays are horrible to hear). I will travel with Allegiant again, and hopefully Allegiant will train more professional crews.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 March 2014 by M Marie    (USA)

Flew from Clearwater, St. Pete to Grand Rapids MI. Many people on the flight paid extra for reserved seating and had to sit where there were seats left. They said over the loud speaker that the seating was basically screwed up, people who were assigned seat b were supposed to sit on seat c, and so on and so on. The flight attendants were not really any help at all. In fact, one of them seemed very irritated with the passengers that were complaining that they had paid extra for reserved seating. There were several boarding passes that had duplicate seating. Some passengers gave up their seats so families could sit together. After we boarded the plane, we backed out from the gate and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes before we took off. No explanation. Oh, but they gave us free bottles of water and a mini pretzel bag. I guess that was supposed to make up for it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by N David    (USA)

Months ago I purchased a flight from Allegiant for this morning, checked in for my flight online last night, and loaded the boarding pass on my phone with Allegiant's app. I had no bags to check, so I was ready to go. When I got to the security check point, the app crashed and as it died, it took my boarding pass with it. OK. I went to the Allegiant ticketing counter, told them the app crashed, and even after I connected to wi-fi it would try to "reload" but failed every time, and that I needed a boarding pass. They said that it was impossible, that boarding had started, and no agent, computer or app could produce a boarding pass now. 30 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave, they started paging my name. This was a small airport, TSA had no line, the gate was around the corner. I could see the person paging my name. Unless your travel is strictly leisure and it doesn't matter at all if you get to your destination not, avoid Allegiant like a plague. Cheap is nice, until cheap fails.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by M Malnourie    (USA)

We were supposed to leave Bismarck ND on Sunday March 23rd at 12.50 pm. We were all loaded and sat at the terminal for 15 minutes when the captain came on and said we would not be going to Las Vegas in this plane. They would try to fix this one or send another from Las Vegas. Two hours later told us this flight had been cancelled. Nobody with Allegiant would talk or offer any explanation. They offered a phone number that said to go to the website. That's it. After finally getting the info from the website, it says we will leave the next day after another Allegiant flight. We should be leaving before that flight.