Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 December 2014 by A Bjorndalen    (Canada)

Booked several weeks in advance for a trip from Minot, ND to Las Vegas. We paid for advanced seat selection and a checked luggage item at the time of booking. The Allegiant website and online check-in app were incredibly easy and intuitive. I did have difficulty getting the boarding pass to load with the app at first but a couple of tries later it worked. The check in agent in Minot wore a Frontier Airlines uniform and generally, was kind of ignorant. The Minot terminal was very cold. The flight was delayed briefly for an issue with an inbound passenger but eventually left about 20 minutes late. Flight was uneventful and went by quickly. I found the MD-83 to be actually quite comfortable even though the seats didn't recline. There was no inflight entertainment system but the onboard magazine was decent and even contained Vegas coupons! We arrived only a little late. The crew was efficient and friendly and even cracked a couple jokes over the PA on arrival and bags dispensed quickly. On the return flight, check-in and boarding were pleasant and quick and we left on time. The airplane however, was absolutely filthy! The seats were worn, the tray tables were slopped all over and even the window had food on it. We had the same crew situation as outbound in that they were efficient, friendly and helpful. On arrival to Minot we were early but luggage took 30 minutes to dispense. In the end, yes this airline is acceptable. They're certainly inexpensive, and the crews are on par with most other carriers. If you want to save up to a few hundred dollars, I'm sure you can put up with buying your soda onboard.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 December 2014 by D Vines    (Canada)

Flew from Bellingham to Las Vegas on November 17th, 2014. My first and last Allegiant trip. 6 hour delay in Bellingham, arriving in Vegas after midnight and losing our first evening on a short break. They gave us a $8 meal voucher which bought half a burger at the only restaurant in Bellingham, air side. What looked like a cheap fare, was not so good after adding $30 to select a seat, $26 to take a carry on bag and another $26 for a carrier usage fee. When the plane did finally take off it was freezing cold, they charge for everything on board and didn't even have hot drinks available. Consumer loyalty needs to be earned from delivering service above and beyond customers expectations.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 December 2014 by K Kinney    (USA)

Punta Gorda from Columbus, Ohio. They charge for a carry on. You are allowed to carry on one personal item for no cost, so just a purse if you are a woman. Then you pay for your checked bag. If you can't or don't pay ahead of time for your bag, it's $50 at the airport! I tried to add a bag after I checked in and I couldn't unless I paid the $50 at the airport. $5 if you don't print your boarding pass yourself and all drinks and food are extra on the plane. When I boarded the plane it was very old. The seats had no padding and they don't recline. Customer service is a joke and by the time you pay all the little fees, you can fly Southwest cheaper. I will never fly with Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 December 2014 by Willingham Cathy    (USA)

Flight 105 on Nov 10th from Peoria to Phoenix/Mesa. I was recently on a flight from Peoria, IL. to Mesa, AZ. The fasten seat belt sign was on for over two hours even though the flight was mostly smooth and little turbulence. An elderly gentleman got up to use the restroom and was told to return to his seat. The flight attendant was very rude with a control complex. I have never been on a flight where people were not allowed to get up and use the restroom.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 December 2014 by R Chaudhry    (USA)

This airline is based on everything being a la carte. You pay for your ticket, your seats (yes, even seats), your drinks and your baggage and yet the whole experience turned out to be better than many other airlines. For one, this airline made it possible for me to take my whole family along because of the low rates. Secondly, the staff was super nice. There is only one class in their aircraft's and everyone gets the same service. Bucket leather seats are pretty comfortable even though they don't recline. There is no inflight entertainment but then again, with all the carry-on gadgets today who needs another console in your face? I am giving inflight entertainment five stars because I actually enjoyed not having another console blasting ads in my face.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 November 2014 by Greg Howard    (USA)

I've flown Allegiant Air 10 times in the last 2 years. I normally fly out of Sanford, Fl to Bangor, Harrisburg or Youngstown. The problem I and my wife have is each time we fly into or out of Youngstown. They are very unorganized and always cause a problem. On Sunday Nov 9, 2014 I was told that my carry on bag was too large and I had to pay an additional $50.00. I had already paid $12.00 for the carry on. They said that is not their problem. They also charged me $5.00 to print a boarding pass. I only have problems in Youngstown.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 November 2014 by C Kurtz    (USA)

I flew to CVG and back to Punta Gorda and have no complaints, I received excellent service. The flights took and landed on time. I had my dog with me on the return flight and there were no issues there either. The plane was clean, crew was nice - how could I complain about a reasonably priced direct flight? I suppose if you need frills and pampering maybe this is not your cup of tea, but for easy going people who want to get where they are going for an excellent price check them out.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 November 2014 by J Dunn    (USA)

Flew Nov 7 2014. Tried to check in online and print ticket but it would not allow me to do so. Got to airport to check-in and had to pay $5.00 for my printed ticket. I also paid $30.00 to have my seat selection that I wanted. Allegiant Air did not show up instead Falcon Air was flying us from Pasco WA to Mesa AZ. Was told that they were not going to allow anyone to use prepaid selected seats. Just open seating. Not happy, when we arrived I went to Allegiant counter to ask for a refund. They were extremely rude and said not their problem and suggested that I talk to corporate. I asked for a phone number then was told they don't have phone numbers to give out. Flight home was the exact same as flight down. Where is Allegiant Air and why are they booking flights and charging for seats that they don't offer.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 October 2014 by A Gipe    (USA)

10/25/14, flight 581 from Bellingham to Las Vegas and on 10/26/14 flight 580 from Las Vegas to Bellingham. The trip down on flight 581 was severely delayed. Taxied down the runway only to have to come back to the gate when a warning light on the navigation system came on just before take off. At the gate, 20+ minutes later they thought they had it all sorted out and were wrapping up paperwork, went to push back from the gate and the light came on again. Thankfully, after a few more minutes, they let us off the plane, and kept us in the terminal. Flight eventually was given permission to travel without the navigation systems, but had to redirect flight path and had to fly at a lower altitude to avoid traffic. This crew was friendly and polite, and the pilot kept us informed of all the things that were happening. The major downfall, our flight landed almost 4 hours later than scheduled, and the only compensation we received was a free $2.00 beverage. Flight 580 the next day was better in some ways, worse in others. Again, taxied down the runway, and were next to take off when a warning light came on. We sat on the runway for about 30 minutes waiting for the issue to be fixed. Sadly, the crew was very rude, both in person and on the intercom barking orders and coming dangerously close to a yelling tone with passengers. This was not my first poor trip with Allegiant, but it will be the last. The low ticket price is no longer a selling feature, since they gouge you on fees for everything, including printing a simple boarding pass. Driving to SeaTac Airport is about the same cost when you add in all Allegiant's fees, but comes with the added peace of mind when it comes to mechanical soundness and pleasant staff.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 October 2014 by D Lindahl    (USA)

We have a limited access to a variety of airlines as we live in a rural area and have relied on Allegiant the majority of time as their airport is closest. We will now be not using them as we ran into a delay again when coming back from Vegas. Felt bad for the counter personal as no one could check in due to technology problems - large group of people standing in line for over an hour. Finally got on plane and took off at 7.45am. No coffee, blankets or pillows on plane. We sat in the front row and got to listen to the staff talk about their personal issues the whole flight. Very unprofessional and my thought was what an easy job, sitting down with an occasional walk thru giving orders to tired customers, otherwise just sitting! We know it's a low cost airline but common courtesy doesn't cost anything. The delay was the second time it had happened using this airline, and they will not be given a chance to do it a third time! Will not recommend this airline.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Echeban Philpot    (USA)

10/12, CKB-SFB, flight 670. 10/19, SFB-CKB, flight 669. I recommend Allegiant Air. Fly non-stop, no frills, low cost, comfortable, on time, no hassle. At small airports spend less than 20 min from landing to your car and 60 min from arrival to departure is enough. Newly refurbished MD80-great plane. I am 5ft 10 and had at least 4-5 inch free space in front of my knees. Charging $26 for carry-on is good, so people pay $40 for 40 lb / 81 in checked bag and the overhead bins are empty to put the allowed personal item. Room under the seat in front of you is big. Seats do not recline-big deal! Allegiant is low cost with egalitarian all-coach plane. No marketing or pressure for you to but food or stuff like on Ryanair. You want priority boarding, $10 and its yours.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Jim Lohbeck    (USA)

Flight scheduled to leave CVG at 12:46 pm on 10/10/14. Flight bumped to 1:30pm then 4:30 pm and then 6:30 pm. Upon boarding, there was an odour of fuel in the back of the cabin. We were all ordered to get off the plane. After a half hour, we were told to go home and the flight would take off 2.45 pm the next day. We were told that we were going to get $150 vouchers for future flights. We were not thrilled with having to deal with this airline again, but we had no alternative, except to miss our vacation all together. The next day, since we had no other alternative on flights, we reluctantly came back. This flight went well, although they still felt compelled to charge for a soda, as if no one on the flight had spent 10 hours at the airport the day before. Keep in mind that we used Allegiant's site to rent a car for 8 days - now we were down to 7 days. When we arrived at our destination, the Alamo car rental rep told us that we would have to go through Allegiant to get reimbursed for the day we missed.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 October 2014 by Kelvyn Billings    (USA)

Provo, UT to LAX on Oct 16 2014, flight 130 and 131.After I booked my flight, I started to have second thoughts. Many people complained that the seats do not recline, they sit back better than some of the popular airlines and do not need to recline. I think all airlines should have seats like this. Why should passengers in front of you be allowed to stick their seat in your space! The leg room was far better than most other airlines. Both my wife and all those that came with us were very happy with the seats. Could they have done a better job putting us all together - yes. If you have a lot of luggage you might be better off with a different airline. For the price I was very happy.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 October 2014 by T Walter    (USA)

Allegiant lured my friends and I in with very affordable fares from Lansing, MI to Sanford, FL (there and back again) for a mini-holiday in mid-October 2014. Our flight from Lansing was on time and the gate staff were efficient and pleasant. We boarded on time, made it out to the tarmac and the captain announced that they had an open flap sensor warning and couldn't take off. We were back at the gate for about 10 minutes to check out the issue and then FL bound. The flight lasted approx. 2.5 hours and we arrived on time, even with the small delay. The McDonnell Douglas MD80 was clean and as comfortable as is to be expected with single aisle 3-2 seating. The flight back was on time and we arrived in Michigan earlier than expected. The flight attendants were pleasant on both flights (not overly attentive, but did their job). Our flight back to MI was smooth. Keep in mind Allegiant is a budget airline. If you don't want to pay the $5 fee to print your boarding pass at the airport, do it at home. Bring snacks if you don't want to pay for snacks on board. There are no free food or drinks. Allegiant makes their money by charging for extras. I am 5'3" and found the legroom to be sufficient. However, if you are taller you may want to consider a row marked with extra legroom. I will say that we did pay extra when we booked our tickets to choose our seats (row 15 for minimal noise) and sit together. I recommend this if you are traveling with others and want to sit together. Allegiant got me to my destination safely, efficiently and at a cost significantly less than other airlines. The added bonus of flying to/from smaller, easier access airports not served by other airlines is a nice touch. I definitely would fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 October 2014 by S Beckman    (USA)

Flight was cheap. Flew from Duluth, MN to Las Vegas. The flight out was freezing and the flight back was hot. They save money by not turning anything on until you're in the air. No assistance from staff and the pilot remarked more than once that they are only on the plane for our safety. They just talked to each other the whole flight each way. Did load the App on my phone and scanned ticket so we saved money. You get what you pay for. Just be ready for it and read the fine print.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  13 October 2014 by L Arcarese    (Canada)

Flew from Plattsburg, NY to Sanford (Orlando), FL. The ride to and from was pleasant without any issues. I used their convenient iPhone app for boarding pass. Rode on an Airbus 320. It was a relatively short ride, approx. 2hrs 20mins so you can't expect much. The airline caters to budget travellers with no frills. If you are looking for all the fancy stuff (reclining seats, in-flight entertainment, better food choices, etc.) go elsewhere and pay more. As far as I'm concerned, you get what you pay for and Allegiant fit my budget.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 October 2014 by L Beeman    (USA)

If you're flying out of Phoenix, AZ area in the middle of the summer, you may want to rethink this budget friendly airline! We arrived at the airport 2.5 Hrs prior to our flight leaving. Got through the baggage check, security, etc and arrived at our gate with about 1.5 hrs to spare. The temperature outside is well over 100 degrees, so onboard the interior of the plane is very hot. Everyone is seated, the plane is full, and the flight attendants proceed to give the safety features etc meanwhile there is absolutely no air moving on that plane. I had no idea that Allegiant will not turn the air on until you've taken off! Meanwhile, it is absolutely miserable! It would have been nice if the flight attendants would have at least made an announcement saying that they don't turn the a/c on until takeoff. The seats do not recline and there's very little leg room. I realize this is a cheap airline, but I would rather pay more money to have the little extras like air conditioning during the summer in the desert, seats that recline, and free soda & snacks! After reading about others' horror stories with delays, etc, I'm thankful that we did not experience any of that! Our flights were on time but will not fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Michael Ison    (USA)

Flew from LEX, KY to Punta Gorda, Florida four times. The last time was April of this year. Arrived on time, flight was great, crew were nice and for the age of the plane wasn't bad for what I paid. I couldn't afford to go if Allegiant wasn't around. Could not find a better airline for the price anywhere.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 September 2014 by K Ashley    (USA)

When our daughter decided to get married in Las Vegas, my husband and I were not able to find a return flight on the necessary day so we decided to split our flights and we took a competitor's airline going to Vegas and Allegiant coming home to Billings Montana. The flight to Vegas was a dream, I wish I could say the same for the flight coming home on Allegiant. First we are charged $10 for our boarding passes, even though I told the lady that I had them on my phone. Then she told us our flight had been moved up an hour so we ran through the airport, made it through security and up to the boarding area, only to be told that our flight time had not changed. Then we get on the plane and are told that there are snacks available, but only if you pay for them, and that includes water and ice. I could not believe that after paying $300 for our tickets, we couldn't even get a bottle of water for free. Throughout the 90 minute trip the flight attendants only came out of their little cubby hole when they were doing the safety check and to go down the aisle to see if anyone wanted to buy anything. They were rude and spent the entire flight talking to each other about personal happenings. I thought that I would save a few dollars by taking Allegiant but in the end it ended up costing me more than any of the other airlines. I can honestly say that I would rather pay a little more to be able to get a drink of water if I need one and to have someone friendly and happy to see me come on board.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 September 2014 by Beard Lisa    (USA)

I enjoyed Allegiant as a whole. I flew to Las Vegas with my two children aged 10 years and 3 years of age. Staff was polite and friendly in answering any questions since it was our first time flying this airline. My itinerary was done online so there wasn't any hidden charges to expect. On the way home from Las Vegas the plane was already there and waiting and we were an hour and half early. Allegiant will see me a lot more often.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 September 2014 by Reed Truman    (USA)

Well, as we all know you get what you pay for. And with Allegient airlines, that isn't much. The flights are cancelled, delayed, etc you are left to fend for yourself. It's questionable if any other airline would honor their tickets. The airline seems to be run with contract employees that have no vested interest in doing a good job. Customer service is rock bottom, and some of the language they use on customers would make a sailor blush. The flight attendants really have nothing to do, so on the flights I was on they pulled out the food carts in the galley, sat on them and had a party. The amount I saved booking with them was more than consumed by expenses I paid for the delays, and the mental aggravation of dealing with this airline. Never again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 September 2014 by A Mark    (Canada)

Bellingham to Las Vegas - The MD80 was quite old but the cabin was clean and fine for a short flight. We had an aborted take off at Bellingham due to a faulty toilet. We stayed on the aircraft for an hour whilst they cleaned up the mess and took the lavatory out of service - lovely. At least we didn't have to change aircraft or get off the plane. We were on our way after an hour with no further delays or issue. The cabin crew were friendly and the pilots were very good at keeping everyone up to date with the delay and progress during the flight. I'd fly with Allegiant again, although clearly they have reliability issues with their older aircraft which can cause unexpected delays, but for the price I can't complain too much.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 September 2014 by J Baker    (USA)

Allegiant Air was a bad experience for me and my 7 year old. Booked a trip from Punta Gorda to Knoxville, I almost didn't make out of Punta Gorda. We got to the airport early, and then the flight was delayed (all of the flights were continuously delayed). One ticketing agent said it was weather, but the weather was clear where the flight was coming from so I asked another agent, and she said they didn't have enough crew. We were packed in that small airport like sardines with kids screaming, people yelling, not enough seats for people to sit in. They cancelled some of the other flights, but finally got another plane and crew that came from Fort Lauderdale for my flight. Six hours after arriving at the airport, we finally left. After this experience, I will pay the extra money for another airline. My chances of getting out of an airport on time are better, and at least I will have the option of being rebooked on another flight or getting compensated. Budget airline = budget experience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 September 2014 by C Norton    (USA)

Yes, the price is certainly right and a direct flight is a definite plus, especially for my husband who is handicapped. However, in that vein, this airline is certainly not handicap friendly. Ask for a wheelchair and they will sling one at you at the Check In (wherever that is in the airport). Upon disembarking, the flight attendant announced that wheelchair persons would have to wait until all (159) passengers had left the plane. When my husband and I moved up to the front seats to wait at a break in the line, the flight attendant said "I told you to stay seated until all passengers had left the plane". When a person finally arrived with a wheelchair and helped my husband up to the gate, that's as far as they go. Carrying two bags of medical supplies and pushing the wheelchair, we trudged off to baggage claim, and then lugged everything out to the curb around the corner to a taxi. Had the same treatment on the flight home. But as I said, the price is certainly right and you get what you pay for!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 September 2014 by Angie Chisholm    (Canada)

Flew from Bellingham to Las Vegas on September 8th. We were very weary after reading negative reviews but we were 100% satisfied. Flight was on time for take off but delayed for landing due to weather in Las Vegas. Great employees, friendly service. Very impressed overall. Would definitely fly Allegiant again. Great value. No free food or entertainment but we knew this when we booked.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 September 2014 by Daniel Talmadge    (USA)

My parents have retired and moved to North Port, Florida. Since March of 2013 I have flown on Allegiant Air 5 times. Besides one delay of about an hour, we have always flown on time both ways. Oh by the way, I fly out of Allentown, Pa. Actually, most of the returning flights have been early. I didn't mind the one delay, it gave me an extra hour to enjoy a couple more cocktails. I do agree however the flight attendants are a tad bit rude. Maybe "short" is the correct word. But then again all they do is listen to a bunch of whimpering cry babies about a stupid delay. If you want first class, go fly another airline and pay double the amount for a ticket. I also fly my 2 boys with me, so I really can't complain about paying $500 to $650 for 3 round trip non stop tickets to see the parents for a week. Not to mention Allentown pa is 20 minutes from my home and Punta Gorda is 25 minutes from my parents. I will always fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 September 2014 by M Mollenhour    (USA)

Do not be tempted by the cheap prices. You are assuming incorrectly that Allegiant will actually get you there and back. Wrong. July 2014: Return flight home from SFB (Sanford, Florida) cancelled at the gate, at boarding time on a Friday afternoon. This effectively left passengers stranded at an airport with no other flights out to the destination because flights out of SFB are very limited. MCO (Orlando International) is 30 miles south with ample alternative flights. However, the Allegiant gate agent offered no group ground transportation to MCO, offered no lodging, and offered no thoughts on other flights out. Essentially: "You are stranded here and on your own for getting out." Because I travel with an Internet connected device, I was able to buy a last-minute ticket on Delta (at last-minute prices) from MCO. I was able finally to find a rental car one way (cab fare was $135). My "cheap" Allegiant ticket cost me about $1,000. I could have spent the entire weekend at the airport or at a nearby motel hoping to catch a flight out on Monday. When you buy an Allegiant ticket, you are buying a chance - a hope - and gambling.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 September 2014 by S Paul    (USA)

Outbound flight Las Vegas to Grand Rapids (MI) was fine, but on the return, Allegiant had some staffing problems, which led to delays, and more delays, and the flight eventually took off a full day late. It would not have been so bad if they had just been honest up front, but they piecemeal the delays, provided little information - and sometimes misinformation - and at times, they were downright rude, particularly on the phone, where it was very challenging to get through in the first place. For the trouble they offered up a $100 voucher good only on the same route. The lost time and aggravation cost in many ways, much more than anything I saved on a discount fare. Never again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 September 2014 by J Mack    (USA)

Flew from Orlando (Sanford) to Grand Rapids, MI. Just a few things to be aware of - the weight limit on checked bags is 40 pounds. You are allowed one free carry-on bag provided it will fit under your seat. You have to pay to use the overhead compartment (the overhead compartments were bare on my flight). The seats are tight and do not recline. While boarding and sitting on the runway - Allegiant turns the cabin air conditioning down to save fuel so depending on the outside temperature it can get pretty hot. Their airplane fleet is made up primarily of older McDonnell-Douglas MD-80's - cabins show their age - noises and creaks aplenty. The flight crew aren't particularly helpful or pleasant but suffice. Now the positive - my ticket was 139 dollars. There you go.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 September 2014 by MJ Pono    (USA)

My Honolulu to LAX and LAX to HNL flights were a disaster. Reading the reviews, this particular Allegiant route seems to be a problem route for Allegiant. HNL to LAX flight was delayed continuously for 5 hours. A 7.55 am flight turned into 1.00 pm flight. The return flight was continuously delayed until finally the flight was canceled until the following day. A 15 hour delay. Rather than return to the city and rent a hotel room, I was fortunate to book a flight on Hawaiian Airlines and make it back home. Customer service staff was openly hostile to enraged customers. I have never in all of my travels seen such a large group of travelers so upset. I was offered a $200 Allegiant voucher for the delay, but I cannot ever see myself using this airline again. The risk, stress and wasted days are just not worth the $100 you save.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 September 2014 by Linda Martin    (USA)

My return trip from Ft. Wayne, In. was delayed for 1.5 hrs while waiting on the plane. We were told after boarding that they were waiting for maintenance to arrive in order to replenish plane with oxygen. This was during dinner time so everyone was hungry. When we finally took off, we were told we would get a complementary non- alcoholic drink. It consisted of a tiny plastic cup filled mostly with ice. We should have at least have got a full can plus a snack. Really cheap airline. This was at least the 5th time I have experienced delays due to mechanical problems.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Taraneh Rasta    (USA)

Horrible experience going from LA to Hawaii and from Hawaii to LA. Our flight was canceled twice, the second time the plane took off but the generator was not working so we had to return to the island. The ticket may look cheap but they will charge you for every thing! Your bags, change in seats and so forth. They don't even provide you with a glass of water unless you purchase it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Marty Coulson    (Canada)

We know what to expect from a budget airline. But Allegiant has in my opinion has got worse instead of better. On our most recent trip, Bellingham WA to Oakland CA, we experienced lengthy delays on both outbound and return flights. A 2 hour delay leaving Bellingham and a 2+ hour delay on the return flight. Allegiant provided free beverages at both airports. Sodas and water in Bellingham and a half glass of water in Oakland. I think it's time for this airline to have a look at the business model. You don't save enough money flying Allegiant to make up for the almost guaranteed inconvenience of flying with them. We will think long and hard before purchasing another ticket on Allegiant. I must say that this is not my first bad experience with Allegiant but it will be my last.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 September 2014 by A Biedel    (USA)

We arrived at LAX for at 9am for a 10.55am flight to Provo, UT (80 minute flight). We have now been informed that the flight is not scheduled to leave until 6.25pm. I am a 40 year old woman and have flown all my life and I have never experienced this type of a delay especially for this short of a flight. Allegiant is cheap but this is inexcusable. I am traveling with a toddler and as it stands right now, we have spent over 7 hours at the airport and will probably be here at least 2 more hours if not more. No one will let us know what is going on.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Adam Wettach    (USA)

I show up 2.5 hrs early only to find out there is nearly an hour delay. The airport in Provo has zero accommodation, so had to drive 15 minutes away to get any food. Come back approx an hour before flight is to leave only to be told it's been delayed another 4hrs. Called in to complain to receive an extremely rude woman on the phone. Sitting outside waiting still and just found out flight has been delayed yet another 1.5 hrs. The couple of bucks saved flying this unprofessional airline just isn't worth the stress.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 August 2014 by J Ranson    (Canada)

We arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to the flight. We encountered an enormous line with not enough attendants to get everyone through. We waited for an hour+ in the line and then approached the counter to express our concern. We waited behind others who were complaining for another 20 minutes or so. We were then told that we had missed our flight and for $75 we could catch their next flight 3 days later. We persisted but in a very respectful manner. Other families in the same situation were also at the counter and were very angry. I saw this was not working so I took a different approach. I was accused of lying about the time I spent in line. I was told I had no other recourse. There was nobody I could complain to other than another rude lady on the phone. After exhausting all other avenues I went to Delta Airways who were able to book me on a flight. for $1200 for 2 people. They said they were willing to transfer the flight if Allegiant was willing to do that given it was their lineups that caused the delay. Allegiant refused this and again accused me of lying and then said I should have been there 2.5 hours before the flight so it was my fault. Service at the counter was excellent. Service on the flight was professional and friendly. Everything I had experienced with Allegiant on the trip to Vegas and the frustrating airport experience on the way back was the opposite of what I experienced with Delta.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Hardy    (USA)

You should not use Allegiant if you have any time constraints. When they're good they're pretty good but when they're bad they're horrible! We have flown Allegiant Air at least 5 times and ignored a problem or two because it was cheap.Usually there was an hour or two delay. One time there were no attendants at the counter and when it was time to board all passengers boarded. An Allegiant employee came aboard and in a very nasty tone threatened to have us all arrested. Our last flight had a "delay" of over 10 hours and that's just not acceptable. We were given a $50 Allegiant voucher. No thank you.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 August 2014 by M Jourdain    (Canada)

Have used this airline 2 times out of Plattsburgh NY via For Lauderdale FL. We experienced issues on both occasions departing Fort Lauderdale. The first incident was back in December 2012 - flight was delayed for 8 hours and then in December 2013 flight was cancelled until the next day. I will not fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 August 2014 by M Meyer    (USA)

My first Allegiant Air experience. I booked two weeks in advance. Traveled from LAX to Idaho Falls. I go to Jackson Hole, WY every summer and I always have to get creative about getting there as there are always high ticket prices. I decided to give this airline a go. Both flights were on time - every aspect was fine. Yes it is no-frills and you pay for everything, but if you know that going in, you can adapt. We became better packers and brought our own food onboard.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 August 2014 by M Brim    (USA)

I flew Allegiant for the first time from Las Vegas to Moline, Illinois 8/8/14 and returned on 8/15/14. Both flights were on time and very convenient as they were non stop. Prior to these flights, all my trips were on other airlines where I had layovers and plane changes which added lots of extra travel time. I was very pleased with the check in service I received. The seats were comfortable for a three hour flight. I did not need a food or beverage service during the short flights. The charges for luggage still did not make the total cost more than for the flights of the other non direct carriers. I would fly Allegiant again and I wanted to make my good experiences known because I read many of the comments before my flight and some were quite negative.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 August 2014 by J Mccullough    (USA)

Columbus to Myrtle Beach. Flying out of Rickenbacker was great-parking at $5 per day. No delay and nice employees to deal with. Paid $5 for a snack package on the plane. Good enough for 3 kids. Myrtle Beach to Columbus. Nice airport and easy car rental. Employee at the gate check in and boarding had a poor attitude. Changed seats on us at the last minute. They board you in zones 2-4. In that order. We sat in the last row of the plane but they wanted us to board in zone 4? Made no sense-I've always seen the back of the plane board first, but maybe that makes to much sense to me. Anyway, I would recommend this MD-80 plane and Allegiant even though seats don't recline.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 August 2014 by Latonya Sopshire    (USA)

This was my worst flying experience. Every other time I've flown with no problems. My Son was able to fly from Bentonville to Orlando with his personal bag with no problems. On the way back we are forcedbto pay a $50 baggage fee to get the bag on the flight, only to get back to Bentonville Ar. to find out the bag was left but the fees where still charged and then reversed and charged again! I think the ticket agents that worked the 12.56pm flight leaving Sanford Airport on Aug 8, 2014 need to take a few classes.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 August 2014 by E Morgan    (USA)

I was initially worried about flying with Allegiant when I read all of the terrible reviews. Shockingly, neither of my flights were delayed from LAX to Honolulu. If you're a low maintenance person then this airline is for you. You get what you pay for, no reclining seats, no complimentary beverages ($2 for a can of ginger ale, not bad in my opinion), no inflight entertainment, you have to pay for any extra features and to check in your bags. The staff was very friendly. We even landed 20 minutes early coming back to LAX since everyone on the flight checked in early. The only reason why I took this flight was because it was $400 cheaper than the next flight. I would have no problem flying with Allegiant again to save a few dollars!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 August 2014 by D Bardsley    (USA)

After some apparent misrepresentations about our 1st plane, we left Sanford at about the same time that we should have arrived in Allentown. Of course, we boarded a 2nd plane only about 1.5 hours late, but could not depart because it had an A/C problem which was corrected in a mere hour as we sat entombed under the FL sun! No flight attendants displayed name badges. Does that tell you anything?

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 August 2014 by Jack Bigelow    (USA)

Flew Allegiant June 30th to Vegas and back on July 4th, Trip was great. Left ATW on time and arrived in Vegas on the.time The ticket counter were great no problems, Flight crew were just fine. Ok the seats don't recline, no big deal only 3 1/2 hour flight. We brought our own snacks and bought soda at the airport. Return trip also left on time and arrived on times. ALL in all Love flying Allegiant we have never problems, never once a delayed flight, going to keep flying with them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 August 2014 by Erika Holden    (USA)

July 31st stuck at airport. Flight has been delayed. From all the reviews I have read this is apparently a reoccurring issue with this airline. Allegiant need to get their act together. They charge for everything so don't think you are saving money because you are not. You can fly better airlines and save yourself the stress.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by TJ Morales    (USA)

I knew what we were getting into with this airline. We were prepared for the worst. With that said we followed every little thing they asked on their website from online check in to weighing each check in luggage and their app to check for delays. Our party consisted of 5 Adults 3 children and 2 infants. Maybe its sheer luck that we escaped going to our vacation in Oahu and coming back to LAX. The flight going to Oahu was on time, they did not give anything complimentary but that's expected. Yes the seats did not recline. We brought food and drinks from the LAX. Flight left approximately 2pm. The delay came from LAX only having one runway available. Our entire party came in 2 hours early just in case. At the check-in line everything went through without a hitch no additional fees added. 8 days later we had an early flight 9.30 am going back to LAX. Again we knew what to expect, We did the online check in and printed the boarding passes constantly checking alerts for delays through the app/text alert. They had 2 lines at Lobby 6 one for online check in the other is a more general line. I'm glad we did the online check in, the general line was a bit too long. Got through ticket counter no hitches. After the TSA check point we were in gate 22 along with other passengers with 45 minutes to spare. Bought food and drinks at the airport. After boarding I noticed the plane had some condensation dripping from the ceiling. The window by my seat was broken, had a tough time trying to close it so light couldn't get in. Flight left on time arrived in LAX on time. When we arrived there was a shuttle to take us to the gate I don't know if that's normal but everything else came through okay. They even gave us free drinks since my sister's twin infants were pretty quiet for the duration of the flight. The crew were nice gave the kids badges. With that said I would fly with them again. With knowing what to expect. A couple of things, check in online and sign for text alerts if you can don't check in luggage if you can get away with a carryon. Be prepared just in case of delays.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Y Bar    (USA)

Do not recommend! Flight from Stockton, CA was great but there was a 3 hour delay from LV to Stockton. For a 1 hour flight - a 3 hour wait? There is not even bad weather. They only offered complementary drinks. Not worth it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Jeffrey Kapostasy    (USA)

Allegiant flew me from Youngstown to Punta Gorda and back again safely and close to on time. If this is all you require from your trip, Allegiant should be fine, if you expect more, well, you are barking up the wrong cockpit. Allegiant clearly spells out charges on their website, I am baffled when people go and book their ticket on Allegiant, yet are angered for getting exactly what was promised! If you want creature comforts, Allegiant is not the fuselage for you. I flew with my father from Youngstown, OH to Punta Gorda, Florida. The flight was on time on the way down, and about 20 minutes late coming back. Flying on Allegiant - both in terms of ambience and clientele - is much closer than taking a Greyhound than to flying, say, Delta. The MD-80s look pretty on the outside, but inside are spartan and old. Creature comfort is merely a theory: The seats are thin and don't recline, and forget any kind of magazine: Please see the seat pocket in front of you for the safety information card and a booklet full of advertisements. One benefit of flying Allegiant is the airports Allegiant services, which are smaller, and while they might not be centrally located, the wait and service and overall calm is far superior to the bigger airports. The time it took me to walk into Punta Gorda airport, check in, get through TSA, then flop down into a seat at the gate? Literally 5 minutes. When you fly Allegiant, you are taking a calculated risk: You are hoping that your flight doesn't get cancelled for whatever reason, because unlike the big carriers, Allegiant can't put you on another flight: they only operate one flight per day to each destination - at least in the smaller cities - and they don't work with other airlines. So, if your flight is cancelled, you won't get to your destination until the next day, most likely. That is the risk you take in exchange for Allegiant's low fares.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by J Schaller    (USA)

Outbound flight was 4 hours delayed. We were locked in gate area with no food or beverage service. Prior to delay flight attendants acted immature and more concerned about showing kids the cockpit than getting passengers settled and allowing captain to do his job. After we finally had another plane show up the flight attendant had the gall to refuse me a glass of water, I was told water 8s $2 per bottle. Now on the return it is delayed and there is no one at gate to tell us when it will be here. Totally deserted. The most inept service ever. I will never fly them again. Do not fly Allegiant, they do not care if or when you get to your destination.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by S Arctic    (Canada)

We just came back from our vacation to Florida flying round trip from NIA to PIE with 11 people including 3 seniors, 3 young adults, 4 kids (ranging from 3 to 11 in age) and a 2 month old infant. After reading the reviews here we were very concerned, especially about the delays, but were pleasantly surprised. Both flights exactly on time and arrived a little earlier than scheduled. The staff both in the airline as well as at the airport were extremely helpful and extra friendly. The airplane on the way there was a little older, but on the way back, the plane seemed new. This is a budget airline with the lowest rates around, so that needs to be kept in mind. There are no frills, luggage is charged a premium, and there are no free refreshments. IMO, the flight is just to get me to my destination quickly, safely and at a reasonable rate, so I will definitely be traveling with Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by D Hull    (UK)

Allentown to Orlando, Sanford on 28th July 2014 and return flight from Orlando, Sanford to Allentown on 1st August 2014. Very poor quality airline, used them from PA to Florida and back and they were over 3 hrs late going and 2 hrs late returning, the staff attitude ranged from poor to average and if I had a choice I would not fly with them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 August 2014 by L Tyler    (USA)

Supposed to fly from Peoria IL to Vegas on July 24 at 8pm. Flight was canceled due to an engine issue. We were rescheduled to the following day, July 25, at 5pm. Unfortunately, there was a three hour delay. We lost 24 hours of our trip. While Peoria is a pleasant little town, can you really equate 24 hours there to be the same as 24 hours in Vegas? On the return flight, July 27, we boarded without issue at 2.20pm. We were on the plane for 3 hours before we even took flight - we were 44th in line for take off and then ran low on fuel. Pilot took us back to terminal to gas up. For our inconvenience, Allegiant Air offered us vouchers totalling $150 for our next flight. Problem is we are never flying with them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Fleischer Michael    (USA)

Stockton to Las Vegas. Hear all these complaints, so I was a little worried when I booked. The flight left on time pilots and crew very friendly, landed in Vegas - ready to go and on time. Also, these super 80's they fly might be old but they deliver a smooth ride. I'll definitely fly this outfit again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 August 2014 by D Winter    (UK)

We have recently travelled with Allegiant on flights to and from Vegas/Hawaii. Never again! The flight was 6 hours, only snacks could be purchased inflight, and only by credit card (being from the UK, this would incur all kinds of extra charges) and could not be purchased with cash. Allegiant also purposely sat myself and my partner at opposite ends of the plane, so we were forced to pay the extra charge to sit next to each other, even though there were plenty of spare seats next to each other on the plane. This happened both ways. Seats do not recline, at all, not even a tiny bit, and were uncomfortable. Will not fly with this company again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R Bodley    (USA)

July 18th from CVG to Sanford, was a 4 hour delay, no explanation except computers went down/very costly after you pay for seat choice/carry on/luggage/and no customer service whatsoever. Coming back to CVG left on time and arrived on time but it took luggage an hour to come out after landed, again no care or explanation.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Iris Rivas    (USA)

I thought this was one of the worst travel experiences I've ever had. It was the first time I flew with my 5 month old daughter, we were the last to board, my husband and son boarded first, they had no priority boarding for people with small children, the aircraft was old and dirty. There was a charge for everything including carry ons which I paid but refused to pay the fee to sit together. I thought the airline was tacky and cheap. I can understand paying for something that's new or worth it, but this airline was old and sub standard. Luckily it was a short flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Roy Stanforth    (USA)

Flew from CVG to Myrtle Beach on July 18th (flight 1113) and returned to CVG on July 25th (6pm gate B2). Both flights were delayed for over 2 hrs. The return flight was loaded and taxied with a 30 minute delay, the final 1.5 hours was sitting on a plane with no air in the Myrtle Beach sun. Staff was nice and did their best, older flight attendant (woman) was spectacular. Sorry, doubt if we will use this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Scott    (USA)

If Allegiant could do what they promise it could be a great, but they can't seem to do that. Not enough pilots or planes, no back up planes. My May 26th flight from Peoria to Vegas was cancelled after several delays. At 1am the desk girl gleefully announced the plane had arrived, everybody cheered. Then after everybody got off the plane she announced with great surprise that the crew had timed out and couldn't fly. Something passengers had already figured would probably happen. Allegiant should have told us earlier so we didn't have to sit around the airport for 3 hours waiting. They knew but didn't tell the passengers. They also add on extra fees to make you think the flight is going to be cheaper. I want to like and fly this airline it could be great. This is just one incident of many messed up trips.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by L Connors    (Canada)

Recently flew from Bangor, Maine to Orlando, Florida. Excellent service, friendly flight attendants. Departed and arrived on time both leaving and returning. The ticket agent, however, in Bangor was not very helpful. My daughter and husband were travelling with two children and required a baby seat. They had checked and were told the baby seat was allowed with no charge. The agent didn't think the car seat qualified. After bringing in another to consult, she finally allowed it but was not very nice about it. A little customer service goes a long way. A great experience and I would take this flight to Orlando again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Franklin Tower    (USA)

Sanford to Rickenbacker, flight 614 on 7/10/14 and the return trip from Rickenbacker to Sanford, flight 615 on 7/17/14.Horrible experience. Twice to the flight line and twice unable to takeoff due to equipment problems. Finally, they subbed another plane. Our flight was over 6 hours late. Dirty plane, diaper contents under seat in front of us. Old, noted silicone caulk around and on emergency hatches. I have to add mouthy, rude, sarcastic staff.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 July 2014 by L Peters    (USA)

My daughter and I flew from Avoca, Pa to Sanford Orlando from July 3-10. We greatly enjoyed our smooth flights and onboard service. However, there were delays going down and coming back of about an hour. I know Allegiant has great deals but need to improve on these delays for better traveling. Even though there were delays I will still chose Allegiant for future travels due to the value and convenience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 July 2014 by E Leet    (USA)

We took a flight from Phoenix-Gateway to Hawaii in July 2014 and I was not impressed. The aircraft was okay, but once airborne they announced there was no food available for sale other than chips and drinks. A 6 hour flight and no food? Our return was delayed 5 hours. No reason given. The flight originated in Hawaii so it had to be a maintenance issue. During our 5 hour wait we were forced to move so another airline could use our area to feed their customers. The ticket prices and their charging practices would be considered deceptive anywhere else. I've been traveling for nearly 40 years in the US and abroad and I have to say worst airlines ever. Don't do it. In the end the price is the same (or cheaper) going with a real customer oriented company.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 July 2014 by L Kapcala    (Canada)

We recently flew to Los Angeles with Allegiant Air and are thrilled that we have discovered this affordable airline option. We read all of their information so knew to weigh our luggage before leaving home as well as to bring our own snacks. We had a 50 minute flight delay which we were informed about via text. We downloaded their app which also enabled us to check in 24 hrs before and avoid the need for printing boarding passes. We had a gate change, again no big deal. All the gates are in the same large room at LAX. The staff were helpful and informative - one suitcase was slightly overweight. They gave us time to transfer some items to another suitcase to avoid paying overage charges. We had a suitcase go missing - it was fed exed to our hotel after being located with Customer Service being very helpful with this issue. I would much rather pay these kinds of prices (our savings approx $1000 for 2 people) then pay to have an airline provide me an onboard coke and movie. I have dealt with flight delays, lost luggage and gate changes with other airlines as well so feel these issues are not unique to Allegiant Air.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by K Limko    (Canada)

Bellingham to Vegas. Flight was to depart 11.05 am. At 8 am we received notice flight would be delayed 30 minutes. About 1 hour later while heading to the airport to be 2 hours early we received a second text saying flight delayed again until 1.30. Stop for breakfast and get to the airport 2 hours early as requested. Get a 3rd text explaining flight is delayed until 3.30. How did it take 3 cracks to figure out when we were leaving? Seat assignments caused another 30 minute delay as passengers boarded. Allegiant flies about 8 trips a day to Vegas and it is certainly not uncommon to expect delays. Luckily we only sat in the plane in Vegas in 110 degree temperatures for an extra hour delay on the return trip. Sounds bad, but certainly an improvement. So, if you plan on taking advantage of the cheap flight, remember you get what you pay for and don't expect any professionalism or comfort along the way.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by M Posada    (USA)

Flew from Ashville to Punta Gorda. When I got to the airport I was told that the flight was delayed due to a mechanical, we were expected to be late about 3 hours, no offer of a voucher for a meal nor did they apologize, it was very matter of fact. When we boarded the plane the first thing I noticed was how dirty and tattered the plane was, it was an older MD-80. My seat was clean, didn't recline, I was more annoyed with the garbage that was surrounding my seat and in my seat back pocket and when I rang my Flight Attendant call light I was approached by a rude older male flight attendant, who refused to take the garbage until after we took off. Once we were at cruising altitude the crew came out and sold all sorts of snacks and beverages, not bad. Had an issue with my hand baggage being in the aisle. Allegiant as a whole was not a bad experience, the ticket was inexpensive, I would like if Allegiant perhaps gave their Flight Attendants, especially those lovely seniors, a class in etiquette and professionalism.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Udall    (USA)

My flight was delayed a total of 7 hours because the Allegiant crew failed to make proper mechanical checks before departure. I arrived a full 2 hours before the flight was scheduled to leave. We boarded on schedule, then sat in our cramped, hot seats for 90 minutes. Then we were asked to deplane so the crew could fix something. We then sat in the terminal for 2.5 hours. We boarded again. We deplaned again. We boarded a final time, and were actually able to take off from LAX. I arrived home 10 hours past my original arrival time. Obviously I will never be flying with Allegiant again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Suzette Green    (USA)

Never ever again. The planes are not clean, the staff are not friendly, and the fees are unbelievable. The maximum luggage weight is 40 lbs which will render a full size suitcase overweight almost 100% of the time. Starting September 2014 they are going to start charging to print boarding passes at the airport. Relentless!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by James Walcott    (Canada)

TOL (Toledo) Ohio to PGD (Punta Gorda) Florida. Check In: Went smooth, no issues with checking in, and sent on my way. Security: Efficient and quick. Boarding: Very unorganized, the gate agents didn't seem to have a grasp on customer service either. Boarding announced by someone who couldn't speak properly into the phone and 90% of her message never came through, we all just sort of looked perplexed and formed a queue only to be snapped at for not boarding in the correct manner, of which we never really heard. Upon entry into the old and tattered MD-80 we were greeted by a very sweet young lady and an older middle aged asian man who never smiled, and he swiftly snapped at me "Seat Sir" he was the lead flight attendant and we all would endure his wrath later. Flight: Take off was quick, the crew were up and out in the aisle within an hour after take off, that probably had something to do with the argument the flight attendants were having in the rear. Once in the aisle the crew were pleasant and were very happy to be doing their jobs, or at least they appeared so. Overall: You get for what you pay for, apart from that not too bad.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by C Lee    (USA)

Oakland, CA to Provo, Utah. Initially, I was very excited to use this airline as I saw that the price for the trip was much less expensive than the usual commercial airlines flying into SLC. However, I was disappointed as I continued the checking process and realized that I had to pay additional money for seats and for carry-on luggage. I then realized the total cost is not that significantly cheaper than Delta or another big airline. However, I bought my tickets only 3 weeks in advance and may have saved significant money if I had purchased the tickets much earlier. I arrived to OAK 2.5 hours early in case there were any problems. Security clearance was a breeze. I am happy to say that there were no issues with delays or cancellations on this leg of the trip. The service was very good. Yes, all beverages/snacks must be purchased but it is only a 1.5 hr flight and really who needs to drink/eat in that time. I can see why customers complained about the comfort of the seats as the backs are very thin and do not give a lot of cushion support. Anyway, I had paid for a first row seat and I'm glad I did, as I could easily get off the plane without waiting. I'm happy to say that I had no problems with my flight but I do wish the total price of the trip was much more of a "deal" than what I got in reality.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by J Coleman    (USA)

Flew July 11, 2014 from Las Vegas to Casper, WY - flight attendants were either inattentive or rude. Thought it was just a one time occurrence, but we flew back from Casper, WY to Las Vegas on Monday July 14th, and the crew was worse. Plane was filthy, front lavatory was inoperable. Spend the extra money and fly on an airline that at least acknowledges that are a person first and a customer second!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 July 2014 by V Kipling    (Canada)

July 9/14, checked in at 4.30am for a 6.30 flight to Fargo ND. Our tickets were for gate 31 but verbally told to go to gate 39. It was approaching 6.30 and my daughter asked the 2 staff there why we were not boarding yet and she told us our plane was at gate 31! Got to the gate at 6.25ish and there were 3 other people there as well, we had missed our flight. We could see the plane still there but the door was locked. There were no staff to assist. The plane remained at the runway terminal for about 15 min. The next flight out of L.A. airport to Fargo was 3 days away! Our only option to get back home was to take a flight to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, rent a car and drive to Fargo. The flight to Sioux was delayed 1.5 hrs, but miraculously it was ready in about 20min. So were were led out of the airport onto the tarmac and loaded from the rear of the plane! Allegiant Air does not have a PA system so they solely rely on yelling loud enough for their passengers to hear of any changes or to advise of boarding! I will say that they decided to waive the 75.00 fee for switching to fly to Sioux or at least for 4 of us that I know of. We paid for preferred seating yet out of Fargo 2 of us had what we paid for and one ticket had been changed for seating 4 rows back. Luckily one seat was empty and we were able to sit in preferred.