Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 August 2014 by D Winter    (UK)

We have recently travelled with Allegiant on flights to and from Vegas/Hawaii. Never again! The flight was 6 hours, only snacks could be purchased inflight, and only by credit card (being from the UK, this would incur all kinds of extra charges) and could not be purchased with cash. Allegiant also purposely sat myself and my partner at opposite ends of the plane, so we were forced to pay the extra charge to sit next to each other, even though there were plenty of spare seats next to each other on the plane. This happened both ways. Seats do not recline, at all, not even a tiny bit, and were uncomfortable. Will not fly with this company again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by R Bodley    (USA)

July 18th from CVG to Sanford, was a 4 hour delay, no explanation except computers went down/very costly after you pay for seat choice/carry on/luggage/and no customer service whatsoever. Coming back to CVG left on time and arrived on time but it took luggage an hour to come out after landed, again no care or explanation.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Iris Rivas    (USA)

I thought this was one of the worst travel experiences I've ever had. It was the first time I flew with my 5 month old daughter, we were the last to board, my husband and son boarded first, they had no priority boarding for people with small children, the aircraft was old and dirty. There was a charge for everything including carry ons which I paid but refused to pay the fee to sit together. I thought the airline was tacky and cheap. I can understand paying for something that's new or worth it, but this airline was old and sub standard. Luckily it was a short flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Roy Stanforth    (USA)

Flew from CVG to Myrtle Beach on July 18th (flight 1113) and returned to CVG on July 25th (6pm gate B2). Both flights were delayed for over 2 hrs. The return flight was loaded and taxied with a 30 minute delay, the final 1.5 hours was sitting on a plane with no air in the Myrtle Beach sun. Staff was nice and did their best, older flight attendant (woman) was spectacular. Sorry, doubt if we will use this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by D Scott    (USA)

If Allegiant could do what they promise it could be a great, but they can't seem to do that. Not enough pilots or planes, no back up planes. My May 26th flight from Peoria to Vegas was cancelled after several delays. At 1am the desk girl gleefully announced the plane had arrived, everybody cheered. Then after everybody got off the plane she announced with great surprise that the crew had timed out and couldn't fly. Something passengers had already figured would probably happen. Allegiant should have told us earlier so we didn't have to sit around the airport for 3 hours waiting. They knew but didn't tell the passengers. They also add on extra fees to make you think the flight is going to be cheaper. I want to like and fly this airline it could be great. This is just one incident of many messed up trips.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by L Connors    (Canada)

Recently flew from Bangor, Maine to Orlando, Florida. Excellent service, friendly flight attendants. Departed and arrived on time both leaving and returning. The ticket agent, however, in Bangor was not very helpful. My daughter and husband were travelling with two children and required a baby seat. They had checked and were told the baby seat was allowed with no charge. The agent didn't think the car seat qualified. After bringing in another to consult, she finally allowed it but was not very nice about it. A little customer service goes a long way. A great experience and I would take this flight to Orlando again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 July 2014 by Franklin Tower    (USA)

Sanford to Rickenbacker, flight 614 on 7/10/14 and the return trip from Rickenbacker to Sanford, flight 615 on 7/17/14.Horrible experience. Twice to the flight line and twice unable to takeoff due to equipment problems. Finally, they subbed another plane. Our flight was over 6 hours late. Dirty plane, diaper contents under seat in front of us. Old, noted silicone caulk around and on emergency hatches. I have to add mouthy, rude, sarcastic staff.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 July 2014 by L Peters    (USA)

My daughter and I flew from Avoca, Pa to Sanford Orlando from July 3-10. We greatly enjoyed our smooth flights and onboard service. However, there were delays going down and coming back of about an hour. I know Allegiant has great deals but need to improve on these delays for better traveling. Even though there were delays I will still chose Allegiant for future travels due to the value and convenience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 July 2014 by E Leet    (USA)

We took a flight from Phoenix-Gateway to Hawaii in July 2014 and I was not impressed. The aircraft was okay, but once airborne they announced there was no food available for sale other than chips and drinks. A 6 hour flight and no food? Our return was delayed 5 hours. No reason given. The flight originated in Hawaii so it had to be a maintenance issue. During our 5 hour wait we were forced to move so another airline could use our area to feed their customers. The ticket prices and their charging practices would be considered deceptive anywhere else. I've been traveling for nearly 40 years in the US and abroad and I have to say worst airlines ever. Don't do it. In the end the price is the same (or cheaper) going with a real customer oriented company.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 July 2014 by L Kapcala    (Canada)

We recently flew to Los Angeles with Allegiant Air and are thrilled that we have discovered this affordable airline option. We read all of their information so knew to weigh our luggage before leaving home as well as to bring our own snacks. We had a 50 minute flight delay which we were informed about via text. We downloaded their app which also enabled us to check in 24 hrs before and avoid the need for printing boarding passes. We had a gate change, again no big deal. All the gates are in the same large room at LAX. The staff were helpful and informative - one suitcase was slightly overweight. They gave us time to transfer some items to another suitcase to avoid paying overage charges. We had a suitcase go missing - it was fed exed to our hotel after being located with Customer Service being very helpful with this issue. I would much rather pay these kinds of prices (our savings approx $1000 for 2 people) then pay to have an airline provide me an onboard coke and movie. I have dealt with flight delays, lost luggage and gate changes with other airlines as well so feel these issues are not unique to Allegiant Air.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by K Limko    (Canada)

Bellingham to Vegas. Flight was to depart 11.05 am. At 8 am we received notice flight would be delayed 30 minutes. About 1 hour later while heading to the airport to be 2 hours early we received a second text saying flight delayed again until 1.30. Stop for breakfast and get to the airport 2 hours early as requested. Get a 3rd text explaining flight is delayed until 3.30. How did it take 3 cracks to figure out when we were leaving? Seat assignments caused another 30 minute delay as passengers boarded. Allegiant flies about 8 trips a day to Vegas and it is certainly not uncommon to expect delays. Luckily we only sat in the plane in Vegas in 110 degree temperatures for an extra hour delay on the return trip. Sounds bad, but certainly an improvement. So, if you plan on taking advantage of the cheap flight, remember you get what you pay for and don't expect any professionalism or comfort along the way.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by M Posada    (USA)

Flew from Ashville to Punta Gorda. When I got to the airport I was told that the flight was delayed due to a mechanical, we were expected to be late about 3 hours, no offer of a voucher for a meal nor did they apologize, it was very matter of fact. When we boarded the plane the first thing I noticed was how dirty and tattered the plane was, it was an older MD-80. My seat was clean, didn't recline, I was more annoyed with the garbage that was surrounding my seat and in my seat back pocket and when I rang my Flight Attendant call light I was approached by a rude older male flight attendant, who refused to take the garbage until after we took off. Once we were at cruising altitude the crew came out and sold all sorts of snacks and beverages, not bad. Had an issue with my hand baggage being in the aisle. Allegiant as a whole was not a bad experience, the ticket was inexpensive, I would like if Allegiant perhaps gave their Flight Attendants, especially those lovely seniors, a class in etiquette and professionalism.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 July 2014 by J Udall    (USA)

My flight was delayed a total of 7 hours because the Allegiant crew failed to make proper mechanical checks before departure. I arrived a full 2 hours before the flight was scheduled to leave. We boarded on schedule, then sat in our cramped, hot seats for 90 minutes. Then we were asked to deplane so the crew could fix something. We then sat in the terminal for 2.5 hours. We boarded again. We deplaned again. We boarded a final time, and were actually able to take off from LAX. I arrived home 10 hours past my original arrival time. Obviously I will never be flying with Allegiant again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Suzette Green    (USA)

Never ever again. The planes are not clean, the staff are not friendly, and the fees are unbelievable. The maximum luggage weight is 40 lbs which will render a full size suitcase overweight almost 100% of the time. Starting September 2014 they are going to start charging to print boarding passes at the airport. Relentless!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by James Walcott    (Canada)

TOL (Toledo) Ohio to PGD (Punta Gorda) Florida. Check In: Went smooth, no issues with checking in, and sent on my way. Security: Efficient and quick. Boarding: Very unorganized, the gate agents didn't seem to have a grasp on customer service either. Boarding announced by someone who couldn't speak properly into the phone and 90% of her message never came through, we all just sort of looked perplexed and formed a queue only to be snapped at for not boarding in the correct manner, of which we never really heard. Upon entry into the old and tattered MD-80 we were greeted by a very sweet young lady and an older middle aged asian man who never smiled, and he swiftly snapped at me "Seat Sir" he was the lead flight attendant and we all would endure his wrath later. Flight: Take off was quick, the crew were up and out in the aisle within an hour after take off, that probably had something to do with the argument the flight attendants were having in the rear. Once in the aisle the crew were pleasant and were very happy to be doing their jobs, or at least they appeared so. Overall: You get for what you pay for, apart from that not too bad.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by C Lee    (USA)

Oakland, CA to Provo, Utah. Initially, I was very excited to use this airline as I saw that the price for the trip was much less expensive than the usual commercial airlines flying into SLC. However, I was disappointed as I continued the checking process and realized that I had to pay additional money for seats and for carry-on luggage. I then realized the total cost is not that significantly cheaper than Delta or another big airline. However, I bought my tickets only 3 weeks in advance and may have saved significant money if I had purchased the tickets much earlier. I arrived to OAK 2.5 hours early in case there were any problems. Security clearance was a breeze. I am happy to say that there were no issues with delays or cancellations on this leg of the trip. The service was very good. Yes, all beverages/snacks must be purchased but it is only a 1.5 hr flight and really who needs to drink/eat in that time. I can see why customers complained about the comfort of the seats as the backs are very thin and do not give a lot of cushion support. Anyway, I had paid for a first row seat and I'm glad I did, as I could easily get off the plane without waiting. I'm happy to say that I had no problems with my flight but I do wish the total price of the trip was much more of a "deal" than what I got in reality.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 July 2014 by J Coleman    (USA)

Flew July 11, 2014 from Las Vegas to Casper, WY - flight attendants were either inattentive or rude. Thought it was just a one time occurrence, but we flew back from Casper, WY to Las Vegas on Monday July 14th, and the crew was worse. Plane was filthy, front lavatory was inoperable. Spend the extra money and fly on an airline that at least acknowledges that are a person first and a customer second!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 July 2014 by V Kipling    (Canada)

July 9/14, checked in at 4.30am for a 6.30 flight to Fargo ND. Our tickets were for gate 31 but verbally told to go to gate 39. It was approaching 6.30 and my daughter asked the 2 staff there why we were not boarding yet and she told us our plane was at gate 31! Got to the gate at 6.25ish and there were 3 other people there as well, we had missed our flight. We could see the plane still there but the door was locked. There were no staff to assist. The plane remained at the runway terminal for about 15 min. The next flight out of L.A. airport to Fargo was 3 days away! Our only option to get back home was to take a flight to Sioux Falls, South Dakota, rent a car and drive to Fargo. The flight to Sioux was delayed 1.5 hrs, but miraculously it was ready in about 20min. So were were led out of the airport onto the tarmac and loaded from the rear of the plane! Allegiant Air does not have a PA system so they solely rely on yelling loud enough for their passengers to hear of any changes or to advise of boarding! I will say that they decided to waive the 75.00 fee for switching to fly to Sioux or at least for 4 of us that I know of. We paid for preferred seating yet out of Fargo 2 of us had what we paid for and one ticket had been changed for seating 4 rows back. Luckily one seat was empty and we were able to sit in preferred.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  13 July 2014 by K Smith    (USA)

Our flight to Oakland from Phoenix-Mesa was delayed 3 hours (no other flights in either area were delayed), and then we waited an hour at Oakland until our luggage came. No explanation was given. I am currently at the gate waiting for my return flight, which was just delayed 40 minutes because one of the flight attendants has not arrived yet.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 July 2014 by M Jenkins    (USA)

I recently used this airline to travel round trio from Belleville IL to Orlando FL. I suppose to summarize I would categorize this as a fair airline. If you are planning travel with them make sure you take note of all the charges, as basically everything (including advance seat selection, etc) has an a la carte separate charge. Also the departing flight was two hours late and there was no explanation given by Allegiant staff as to why. The advantage of this airline is it flew out of a small general aviation airport that obviated the need for me to travel to St Louis. Recommended, but be aware of all charges and propensity to lateness.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 July 2014 by R Roth    (USA)

Rockford to Orlando round trip. Long delays both legs. The rudest flight attendants would rather sit in back and Delayed by 6 hours on 6/23 from Rockford to Tampa. Delayed by over 3 hours on 7/4 from Tampa to Rockford with no information about why there was a delay. Last month I had a similar delay from Rockford to Tampa and a flight cancelled from Tampa to Rockford. (On that flight they gave us a 100 credit but it cost me $50 in airport cab fare.) Always seems to be a delay with this airline.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Carol Carter   (USA)

I was a loyal Allegiant customer from their inception, flying with them dozens of times. My last 3 flights via Allegiant have been cancelled/rescheduled - all for supposed mechanical issues, for the following day - often after our having already been en route to the airport. That's 3 flights within 30 days! Customer service is non- existent. Communications about status are lagging even with signing up for text alerts. Yesterday's flight was rescheduled 4 times in 8 hours, only to finally be cancelled after passengers had been held all day on standby/stand down. The only compensation offered is a $100 travel voucher for future travel.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 July 2014 by John Ballenger    (USA)

Fly from GSP to SFB frequently. If you like riding a bus this is the airline for you. Cheap, yes. In every way. Their fares look great until you start adding up all the extra charges. Never on time and if you have baggage pack a meal while you wait for it! Most uncomfortable seating ever. I guess if you only fly once a year it's OK to be inconvenienced, but if you need to be somewhere on time look elsewhere!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 July 2014 by C Williams    (USA)

On July 3, I lflew out of Asheville, NC for Sanford/Orlando as this was my first time flying with Allegiant. I printed out my online boarding pass, arrived before the time indicated, and received an official boarding pass which indicated which gate I was to go to board the plane. The flight was on time and the pilot and crew were very courteous. Was a great flight! However, the return was a disaster! On July 6, I was to fly out of Palm Beach Intentional. As before, I printed my online boarding pass and arrived before the time indicated. This time I did not receive an official boarding pass indicating what time I was to go to board the plane. Instead I received the printed boarding pass that I proved, which was torn in half, and the gate number written on it. She instructed me to go to the left towards security and afterwards I would see the areas that indicated which gates. I went through security as usual and then proceeded to the gate written on the boarding pass. At the gate there were very few people there and I saw no Allegiant advertising. I asked someone who worked at the airport and she said yes you have the right gate. Since ever all flights were being delayed due to bad weather in the area, I thought mine had been as well. About 10 minutes after the flight was to take off, I saw one of the Allegiant employees who had been checking people in when I arrived. I asked if the flight had been delayed. She told me no I had missed my flight. I showed her my boarding pass with the hand written gate number on it. She informed me that that was the wrong gate and that she didn't recognize the hand writing. I feel that if I had been given an official boarding pass that indicated the gate number I would not have missed my flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Kim Friend    (USA)

Rockford to Orlando round trip. Long delays both legs. The rudest flight attendants would rather sit in back and play with their phones. When they have delays or cancellations you are in trouble since only one flight to destinations every few days. First and last time using them. I will stick with major airlines. Not a convenience of small airport or saving if not able to get to where you are going.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 July 2014 by A Wolf    (USA)

June 22/23 were 859 and 5859 from CVG to PIE. After experiencing 7 delays plus a total cancellation of our flight on June 22, this is the bottom line (according to me). Allegiant is simply unable to accommodate delays (weather/mechanical), flight crew timing out or what have you. The fleet is very small so they cannot put you on another flight like the other big carriers can, nor do they have contracts with other airlines to re-book you and get you on your way. After the headaches, disappointment, worry and trouble I went through for my trip, the savings was just not worth it. Its not to say that Delta does not experience issues, they do, they are just better able to accommodate and/or offer options.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 July 2014 by Vera Freeze    (USA)

My family flew out of Knoxville, Tennessee to Sanford, Florida on Flight 697, Sunday, June 29, 2014. This was our first and last time flying with Allegiant. The overhead cool air did not work. Therefore the air in the plane was hot and stale. We had to fan ourselves with the Allegiant emergency instruction card. I am thankful the card was available, as that is the only good comment I would have for Allegiant. Allegiant's staff were fully aware the air was not working during the previous flight as well. We were advised air was blown into the plane to cool it down inside as the inside temperature was over 85% from the previous flight and that the problem was repaired prior to our boarding. The repair statement was not true. Shame on Allegiant and the staff as well. Being truthful and apologizing for the problem would have made a difference. Instead their lack of concern and deceit has lost three customers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 July 2014 by B Hines    (USA)

My daughter's Flight 150 scheduled to leave Mesa, AZ to Missoula, MT on July 5, 2014 at 7.40am, finally left at 4pm and only made it to Idaho Falls. Bus transported passengers who did not want to wait until July 6 at 12.40 pm to take flight to Missoula. Bus arrived in Missoula around 1 am, praying flight back will be uneventful. Please give staff more training in being courteous to inconvenienced travelers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 July 2014 by R Abraham    (USA)

July 5th, flight 101, Cedar Rapids to Phoenix-Mesa. It's very nice that once you get on the plane you know you won't have to worry about connecting flights, and the seats are fairly comfortable. However, the airline is almost never on time. Today's (I mean tomorrow's because it left after midnight) was over 3 hours late, and it wasn't weather related. I'm also getting the impression they really don't care if they're late because they know they don't have to worry about connecting flights. I used to balance the inconvenience with the cheaper cost, but now with all the extras you have to pay, they really aren't much cheaper than the major airlines, and they sure are a lot less reliable. I used to seek out Allegiant flights. I think now I'm going to try to avoid them. Too bad.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Jim Pettinelli    (USA)

6/12, flight No. 2073, departing at 8.30 am. Allegiant has no secrets of who and what they are. My trip from LAX to Hawaii was on time. Check-in was quicker than others, Allegiant does not have as many forms and paperwork. Flight crew was pleasant and offered good service. Yes, $2 for water or coke-but only $5 for Vodka on the rocks. If you are over 6 feet, your knees will be flush against the seat in front of you. We saved $140 each on our round trip to and from Hawaii. I will use them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by B Gordon    (USA)

6/19 - 6/26. Flight 1115 and 1114. I recently flew from LEX to Myrtle Beach and back on this airline. I read all the directions and requirements, showed up prepared and on time with the luggage I prepaid for. It was a wonderful experience and a great bargain. I hope they keep this flight because I plan to use it several times a year and with the friendly staff and price it has made my trips possible.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 July 2014 by Duston Bill    (USA)

I just returned from a round trip on Allegiant from Greensboro - St. Pete. I have absolutely no complaints about the airline. This is a super discount airline. If you keep that in mind when you book your reservation, you should not be too surprised when the final price of your ticket is determined. I have no comment on delayed flights. On none of the ~10 round-trips that I have taken with Allegiant, have we been delayed more than 1/2 hour. Cabin crew and ground crew on all flights have been courteous and professional. I will definitely be flying Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 June 2014 by Dean Brekke    (USA)

I was on two flights: from Phoenix to Sioux falls, SD and back. My flight to Sioux Falls was delayed 3 hours because of an attendant who called in sick and no one was available. My return flight, #123, was delayed when the plane would not start. It was delayed, and delayed, and delayed. Each for an hour or two. Finally at 9.35 pm my 1.34 flight was cancelled. Although I was housed overnight at a local hotel, even that was a challenge. I had flown 2 times before with no trouble, but that was a few years back. I cannot trust arrival or return any more. My co-workers wife had a similar experience just yesterday.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 June 2014 by L Marcum    (USA)

I am waiting for my delayed flight out of Des Moines airport as I write this review. My husband and I have been here since 4.40 when check-in for the 6.51 flight opened. It is now almost 8pm. In the over 3 hours we have been here we have received two texts advising of delays. When we checked in we were advised of the first delay and later also heard over the airport PA that the flight had been delayed a second time. Our flight is now due to depart after 10pm for a 1.30 am arrival in Orlando. Around 7.00 we decided we should get some dinner since we were going to be up and in the air until the wee hours. So we visit every restaurant on the gate side of security to learn every single one closes their grill at 7pm. We go back to the gate and the only airport personnel we can find tells us they don't work for Allegiant and they cant help us. After talking to one of the cashiers, we find out the restaurants on the other side of security are open until 8.30. So we get TSA's blessing and head out in search of food. After securing a meal, my husband decides to visit the Allegiant ticket counter to complain. His point and mine is if you are going to delay flights until after the restaurants close, you'd think they could let passengers know food wont be available. It's not like the passengers from out of state know anything about this small airport's business practices. Instead of nodding, apologizing and offering some words of comfort, the ticket agent asked for my husband's license. As my husband handed it over and told the agent he didn't want a free ticket or drink vouchers, the agent said "I'm not giving you anything free. I'm kicking you off the flight." My husband had to basically beg to be let back on the flight and was told if they heard any more comments or complaints about or from him, he would not get on the plane. I assure you we will never fly Allegiant again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 June 2014 by T Prince    (USA)

LAX-ICT. I've flown routes with them in the past. I'm a frequent traveler and pretty flexible but this trip took the cake and I will never fly with them again. Gate/ticket area agents lack either knowledge or skill or both and are not of any assistance. Flights are never on time. Text alerts are sketchy at best so no predictability in communication. You will pay whether it's in the very high baggage fees/change fees/seat fees/lost time.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 June 2014 by Jace Nava    (USA)

Flew from Provo, Utah for my honeymoon. We got a good price but in all honesty we're more than willing now to travel the 60 minutes to Salt Lake to fly on any other airline for a little higher price. The comfort of the seats on the Allegiant flights was horrendous and the service staff was cold and, ironically, un-serviceable. Our flight back from LAX was also delayed for no apparent reason but I got a text when we finally boarded that informed me my flight was delayed. Communication was horrible. Luckily, my wife and I are a little more aware in airport situations; a couple sitting next to us thought they'd missed their flight because the marquee above our gate had changed and no announcement had been made about the delay. Very poor customer service. The hour and a half I save in driving time to our local airport is not worth what I lose out on with more professional airlines.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 June 2014 by B Driscoll    (USA)

Have flown out of Grand Island, NE to Phoenix/Mesa twice in the past two years. All departures were on time as well as arrivals. Staff at both ends pleasant. Can't speak of any other routes but this particular one seems to be doing a good job. Mesa airport can't be beat from what I have experienced.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 June 2014 by Judy Graham    (USA)

I flew from Portsmouth NH to Punta Gorda FL in May on vacation with a friend. Everything about the flight itself was mostly fine. Free parking, walk right in and check your bags with hardly any waiting. Security was quick and the flight was on time. They did have some computer glitches and thought it would be delayed however it was not. I did have two issues, one was resolved the other was not. My TV screen did not work. They reset it, 3 times and finally it worked. My biggest issue however was the return flight. 40 minutes from landing they put the seatbelt sign on with no warning. Then they absolutely refused to allow anyone to use the restroom. Several people tried to use the restroom and they made them sit back down and wait until landing.I will use Allegiant again, because it was cheap and very convenient.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 June 2014 by David Smyth    (Canada)

Have flown several times with Allegiant without incident. Typically I've showed up about an hour before departure time with only carry on. The Plattsburg NY airport has one flight departing at that time and therefore with pre- check-in done and a boarding pass, security is a 3-5 minute affair and I'd wait about 35-40 min to board. Pleasant, professional on-board staff. Departs on time arrives on time. No complaints until I should up a bit late. Traveling with wife, daughter and two young grand children to FL for a family vaca. Due to circumstances beyond our control, the usual 2 hr drive took 2.5 hrs. 30 min before departure they refused to check our one pre- paid checked bag saying no room left, but directed us to security and suggested we gate check it. This made no sense to me cause gate checked goes in regular baggage hold which is apparently full. The large bag with fluids clearly got the attention of TSA and stalled our progress for about 10 minute. Upon reaching the end of security row, an Allegiant agent was waiting for us saying we can't board, the door is closed and he can't open it. This was about 10 prior to departure. We walked out to our car and watched the plane parked at the jetway for 15 minutes more. Rebooked on next flight (3 days later). Arrived early. Everything went smoothly. Sat in plane till departure time. Door closed 1 minute before push back from jetway. Total cost for rebooking, car rental rebooking, baby gear rental rebooking $1250. Why did we re book with Allegiant? No competition at Plattsburg and our return flights already booked. Delta out of Montreal charges about $75 more return and free carry-on. Pretty much break-even and better schedule flexibility.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 June 2014 by J Nimtz    (USA)

I am waiting for my flight to depart Rockford for St Petersburg as I write this complaint. Today is June 9, 2014 and my bad experience with Allegiant started last Monday. We left our home near Orlando and drove to St Petersburg for our flight. We arrived early, checked in and waited in the gate area. 10 minutes before we were to board we were told that there was a delay of 1.5 hours. Again about 10 minutes before we were to board we were told that the flight was cancelled. At this point we were sent to ticketing to receive hotel vouchers. After being given a voucher we were instructed to get our luggage and wait outside the baggage area for a shuttle to the hotel. No information as to which hotel we were being taken to or any representative from Allegiant to organize or supervise the process. To make issues worse when we arrived at the airport the next morning we checked in and went to the assigned gate. Once through security we found that the restaurant and gift shop were closed and there were no options to purchase any food or drinks and Allegiant did not provide anything for us. Then another delay, evidently a flight attendant was running late which delayed the flight another 20 minutes. Overall, the Allegiant staff were unresponsive and unprofessional. We were given $100 vouchers for a future flight however at this point I keep asking what good they really are. So, forward one week and we are doing the same. Flight for 6pm is delayed to 9.05pm, the delayed to 10.50pm so if I actually do depart tonight we are in the same situation we were last Monday. It is now too late to get a flight tonight to Orlando. I am amazed at the lack of professionalism I have encountered with Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 June 2014 by Allen Sizemore    (USA)

My original flight was scheduled to depart Fort Lauderdale, FL on 6/8/14 at 1.45pm. The flight was delayed until 4.15. All of a sudden at 2.45 the entire flight was cancelled with no explanation. Allegiant would not help us with hotel arrangements, transportation or meal vouchers. We were forced to pay for a taxi, hotel and meals until the flight was rescheduled for the next day.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 June 2014 by J Molina    (USA)

No complaints here. My flight was to Phoenix/Mesa. It was affordable, very quick and efficient and all of the employees were very nice. Will definitely fly Allegiant Air again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 June 2014 by T Morgan    (USA)

I flew last month from Chattanooga to St. Pete, FL. The flight there and back was great. Plane arrived on time, friendly attendants. Online check in was easy and simple, it made waiting in line a breeze. I flew with my daughter and did not pay extra to get assigned seats. I was nervous that we would be split up but each time we were placed together. The flight attendant coming back seemed confused about what gate and plane we were actually going to board at first but she figured it out. The plane looked new and spacious. The seats did not recline back but were bearable since the flight was only an hour. The security guard at the airport was very helpful in giving instructions to my ride. Overall I received great service for great price. I plan to definitely fly with them again and will recommend to my friends and family.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 June 2014 by G Ewoldt    (USA)

My daughter flew from Phoenix to MLI delayed to the next day . My wife flew from MLI to Phoenix / delayed 1.5 hr. My wife and I flew from Phoenix to MLI, delayed 3.5 hrs. The flight to Duluth, Minn had been scheduled for earlier that morning but the passengers were load and then deplaned. At 2.30 we were moved from our gate and the Duluth passengers were move to our gate and were loaded on our plane. That took about 1.5 hr. Once loaded the Duluth passengers were then deplaned again and told their flight had been cancelled. After they had been deplaned we were moved back to the gate we were originally scheduled for and finally loaded. This was 3.5 hrs after we were scheduled to take off for MLI. Now not only are the Duluth passengers angry but so are the return passengers waiting in Duluth. On top of that the MLI passenger are mad and so are the return passenger waiting in Moline which was originally scheduled for 8.30-9.00pm that evening. Unfortunately this is our only direct flight to Phoenix but no one should have to put with this kind of incompetence.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 May 2014 by Dave Steele    (USA)

Fly Allegiant at your own risk. Extremely poor customer service, from 30-minute-plus hold times on the phone, to surly check-in agents. Terrible baggage policy, charging for each check bag and carry-ons, this is the US equivalent of Ryanair. No beverage service - unless you pay for it. No snacks - again unless you pay for it. Surprised they don't charge to use the lav. We had flown Allegiant several times as it was the most convenient for airports on either end, both by ourselves and a couple times with the grandkids, but the last time in Mesa-Gateway with the snotty desk agent was the last straw. She was clearly having a bad day and was determined to take it out on the flying public. When she announced - quite loudly to everyone in line - that our one bag was 3 lbs overweight and had to be lightened or we'd be charged $75 my mind was made up. I lightened the heavier bag, adding the weight to the other. We then asked for a gate pass for the grandkids dad so he could see them off, she again loudly exclaimed no, not unless there's a medical reason.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 May 2014 by Melissa Sentner    (Canada)

As the saying goes "You get what you pay for". Cheap flight was great. However, do not purchase the shuttle from Allegiant directly as an add on. Book one yourself directly through a shuttle service. If you have any issues and try to call someone for help from Allegiant they will not assist you - they direct you to fill out an online form. And then the email response you receive will not even make sense. The service agent from the call center was rude to myself and the Resort Manager. They would not connect us to the customer service dept or their manager for help. Because of the horrible customer service, that will be the last time I book anything through this company.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Denise Brunson    (USA)

Left Sanford/Orlando May 5, 2014 heading to South Bend IN, at check in told clerk I never selected at seat when booking but was charged $48.00 for going and coming back, she was very hateful and told me I was charged and had to sit in the seat I picked. I explained to clerk I could not sit in an aisle seat I always traveled with a window seat and she tells me "That's tough are you going to fly or not". I didn't get that so called assigned seat after all, but it was an aisle seat due to a to switch of planes for some reason, but still charge for the seat. I had things in my one piece of luggage that would not be returning with me coming home so luggage would be lighter - when checking back in to go home I was 4 pounds overweight with less things. When boarding I was told to sit in row 31 and not 25 and got a window seat this time but paid for another seat - the man sitting in my so called paid seat refused to move.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 May 2014 by Brenda Hiebert    (Canada)

We have flown Allegiant 4 times now from Grand Forks, ND to Sanford, FL and have only had a delay once (our first time) due to a mechanical issue. The staff were very friendly and apologetic and after being delayed for 4 hours, we actually arrived in Sanford in pretty good time. To people that are dissatisfied, if there is a mechanical problem, would you rather they discover it in mid-flight or would you rather have the delay? The money that we save with this airline is phenomenal and we will continue to use them, as I think it is great value for the money.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 May 2014 by T Jarrett    (Canada)

Flew from to Niagara Falls to Sandford, Florida and return. Both flights were somewhat on time (delayed a few mins leaving but arrived early at destination) and were smooth. Using the smaller airports is so much easier and more convenient.. All of the "extras" are subject to additional costs but on a 2 hour flight, who really needs much more anyway. The flight down was aboard an old MD83 and the flight back was on a much newer Airbus A320. Good, cheap, non-stop flight and remember to read all the fine print and you will not be overcharged. Those complaining about "Surprise" charges did not read the disclaimers.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 May 2014 by Raymond Waugh    (USA)

I constantly fly Allegiant round trips Sanford to Concord. Ever since they changed the times of this route from Monday and Friday morning to Mon/Fri evenings you can absolutely count on it being delayed 1 hour or more because it comes from Harrisburg PA. Please put back to Mon/Fri morning please.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 May 2014 by S Shields    (Canada)

Find another airline to fly with. Sure the price is cheap, but if anything goes wrong, Allegiant does not do anything to help or compensate you. Our flight was delayed multiple times, leaving us sitting in the airport for over 6 hours. Then after 6 hours of waiting, Allegiant cancelled the flight. We received no compensation. Further, when we arrived at the airport the next day we sat on the runway for an hour waiting to disembark and then another hour for our bags to come to the carousel. After sending an email to Allegiant expressing my frustration with the experience, they offered no compensation or credit, just a generic email that I had to wait 2 months for. Paying a more money for another airline is definitely worth it!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 May 2014 by J Pattison    (USA)

After reading reviews I was nervous about my upcoming flight from South Bend to Mesa. However, my experience was very positive. I was very pleased with all Allegiant employees I encountered. The flight attendants were very helpful and friendly, and would go above-and-beyond to help a customer. The plane's cabin was very clean, well- kept and fairly comfortable. I was concerned about leg room so I up-graded to an exit seat for the trip there. However, I did not have that option on the return trip, but did not need the extra room. I am 6'3" and had no issues with leg room or being comfortable. And, yes, there are no free snacks or drinks, but their prices are extremely reasonable. I would rather pay a small amount for something I would like, anyways. Overall I was very pleased with my experience and will fly Allegiant again. I hope Allegiant continues to expand to other airports and increase their routes.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 May 2014 by S Stadel    (Canada)

We recently flew out of Bellingham to Las Vegas. The flight was on time, crew were friendly, I agree the seats are a bit uncomfortable but it's 2.5 hours so not a big issue. The only issue we had was on our return flight from Las Vegas, we checked our bags at the airport at an outdoor kiosk and were told after our bags were taken that the fellows outside work on a tip only basis. We thought that was quite tacky and next time will check our bags at the counter inside. Overall though there were no issues worth mentioning and we would fly with them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Gari Colleen Zweigle    (USA)

Having read some of the reviews I was a bit worried when I booked my flight to Honolulu. We left on April 25th on time. The Allegiant reps and flight attendants were very nice. The seats were a bit tight. They didn't give me free peanuts and drinks but since I saved nearly 800 dollars per person I could overlook that. The flight back was on time, flight attendants were very nice, people were on staff to check us in.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 May 2014 by Amelia Cook    (USA)

We had a great flight today. It was our first time flying with Allegiant and felt it was a bit of a gamble, having read some poor reviews, but our flight today between Clearwater and Harrisburg PA was perfect. From the check-in person to the pilots and flight attendants, I truly noticed an attention to customer service I was not expecting. It was little things like just being friendly and talking to us like humans not robots that made the biggest impact. It made me feel so glad we chose to give Allegiant airline a chance and look forward to doing so much more in the future. We knew in advance we would be paying extra for luggage and for drinks, etc. The rates were still the best and only non-stop available. And the fact that the seats did not recline back was considered a plus by me.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 May 2014 by Amy Smith    (USA)

Flight was scheduled for 11.42 am on May 2, 2014 From St Pete to Huntington WV. Delayed 2 hours then 3 hours finally boarded around 5pm just to have to deviate due to mechanical problems. Flight was cancelled until the next day. We waited in line for over an hour for hotel voucher. Next morning scheduled to leave at 10am on May 3 2014, boarded early and again with the mechanical problems. Finally boarded the third plane and arrived in Hunting 24 hours late.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 April 2014 by A Eliz    (USA)

Flew round trip out of Fort Wayne to Phoenix. This was the only airline close by that was affordable for entire family to fly. The flight left early both times, boarding started 45 minutes before departure time and we were on the runway 5 minutes prior to departure time and arrived earlier. I did pay for 5 seats, and a checked bag and still came out ahead. The kids used backpacks and my husband and I each had a small bag that we put under our seats. They may have eyed our bags but never measured or asked any questions. The check in desk attendants and flight crew were all very nice. This trip definitely can compare to flying Delta. The plane was MD-80, very clean and comfortable. I will fly them again. I highly recommend being at the gate and checked in ready to go at least one hour prior to departure, they board early and quickly!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 April 2014 by J Coleman    (USA)

I flew from Michigan to Phoenix in January. Our return flight was delayed multiple times and then cancelled with a rescheduled flight for the next day. That flight was also cancelled with no new flight schedule. We were forced to pay for another flight with a different airline. I would not recommend Allegiant unless you enjoy worrying your whole trip, whether or not you will be able to return without booking another flight. In the end it cost me more to fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 April 2014 by D Nelson    (USA)

We went from Greensboro to Sanford for a Spring Disney Trip. The staff was great from the check-in counter to landing. The flight attendants were very friendly. We had the same attendants on both flights and they remembered us and asked about our trip. The lady at check-in also told us that military doesn't have to pay for bags which saved me about $180. Overall great experience!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 April 2014 by W Millett    (USA)

Bought ticket online in February also paying for seats and a checked bag. Later I added another bag and found, on the itinerary, that one seat was "not assigned". Tried to phone customer service but too long wait. On check-in at GRR I learned that the aircraft had changed thus deleting that seat. This got resolved by agent. But it caused me some confusion and time trying to resolve. Allegiant website not user friendly. I chose Allegiant because of convenience of departure and arrival airports and the times. But in general we were not impressed by the service. Don't know if we saved versus another airline. Will compare next time.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 April 2014 by L Duley    (USA)

My husband and I fly with Allegiant very often but the past 4 or 5 times it has been delayed. I flew from Lexington to Orlando/Sanford on April 6 and the flight was delayed twice. The first time said it would be delayed by an hour and I thought ok I can deal with that. Then a couple hours later I received a text from Allegiant saying it was basically delayed by hours. Now keep in mind, I paid more for a ticket to come in at an earlier time because my house is 2 hours away. We actually got in later than it I had paid for the cheaper ticket. I used to really like Allegiant but now I am wondering if I want to continue to fly with them or not. We usually fly at least 10 to 15 times a year.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Kelly Naylor    (USA)

Flight was delayed each way. Rude service. The flight attendant literally told one lady not to take too long to put her bag away in the overhead. The flight is cheap but they add on charges for everything. I guess you get what you pay for.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 April 2014 by A Kirk    (Canada)

Our second trip travelling with Allegiant and for the most part we are happy with our flights to first Hawaii and now San Diego. However, travelling from San Diego on April 20, we were concerned with the lack of communication about gate location. Since we printed the boarding passes the night before we expected no firm boarding gate at that time. When we arrived at the airport without checked in baggage we went directly through security as we usually do. However, past security on the airport monitors there was no reference to our flight at all. All other airlines had the gate and time of departure clearly listed. We walked the airports 40 plus gates looking for any indication of which gate we should depart from. We then asked airport staff and they could only suggest we find an Allegiant agent which we could not. Again all other airlines were clearly provided with gate and departure time but not Allegiant. Finally we called Allegiant customer service and were on hold for 30 minutes. The person we finally talked to was after some delay was able to provide a preliminary gate assignment but suggested it might change. When we finally did find it, even the monitor at the gate indicated gate closed. Rather than relaxing before our flight, the time past security was quite stressful and at time we wondered whether we were at the right terminal. Communication is very important to passengers. All it would likely taken was a quick call the airport staff to get the monitor situation corrected. We will fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Ian Hargraves    (USA)

Have flown many times with Allegiant and always expected some delays but never encountered one at all. Our fare from Orlando to Springfield MO was priced at $408 with Delta, a 2 hour layover at Atlanta. We booked with Allegiant and paid just $110 round-trip and non stop. The aircraft was clean and flight attendants wonderful. I regularly travel from Orlando to Little Rock, Springfield MO, Newport News and Salisbury (now deleted) and thoroughly recommend Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Gary D Baumgartner    (Canada)

My wife and I were scheduled to fly out of Bellingham, Wa to Las Vegas on April 11 for the 9 am flight. An hour before departure we were told it would not be leaving until 3.30pm with no explanation or apologies (apparently there was a mechanical problem). We were given $8.00 food vouchers each and waited, further delay until 3.45. Once on the plane it left as scheduled. We returned on April 18 as scheduled. The crew were friendly and professional but won't fly with them again as the their aircraft is old and unreliable, not worth the savings!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Mark Merkel    (USA)

Flying out on Allegiant tomorrow and already this trip is a disaster. Confirmations have been difficult to receive, went to check in online and wasn't able to add any bags. Went ahead and checked in to secure my seats and then called customer care. Told there was nothing more they could do. Told me that I would have to check my additional bags at the airport for a $50/bag charge vs. $20/bag online. She did offer to let me check my additional bags for my return trip, but told me it was my tough luck on the outbound flight. She informed me however that I needed to be at the ticket counter 2 hours in advance and not the 60 minutes my e-mail confirmation said. Thankfully maybe I won't miss the flight, but given all of the issues so far, it will be the last trip for me on Allegiant. Pretty bad when you don't even have to take the trip to know that you won't be a returning customer.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 April 2014 by J Camillo    (USA)

We flew Toledo to Sanford, Feb 6th. Since we were the only flight going out that morning, we breezed through security. Boarded the plane and sat. Finally, the captain came on and explained we had to wait for the fuel truck to come back because we had not received enough fuel. Then we sat waiting for the paperwork. We finally took off 45 min. late, not making up any time in the air. When we approached Sanford, the captain came on again to inform us we now had to much fuel and would be circling the airport until we burned it off. 45 mins later, we landed. All this plane does is fly back and forth between Toledo and Sanford. You'd think the fuel people would know exactly how much fuel is needed for each trip.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by Brian Lachance    (USA)

I have been flying between Orlando-Concord for the last 10 weeks. Not once have they been on time. People at Orlando/Sanford are rude and inconsiderate. They view selling you a ticket as a favor. Last flight into Florida tonight and as usual they are late.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by R Rohrer    (USA)

Flew round trip from Allentown to Orlando/Sanford. Was a little worried as I never herd of Allegiant before and that the planes are old, but we had no problems and they were on time. I would use them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by S Crownover    (USA)

Abysmal. We were notified a mere hour before our flight that it had been delayed a full 25 hours, and procuring vouchers for our hotel was like pulling teeth. Additionally, Allegiant refused to cover the taxi fare that we had accumulated as a result of their screw-up. Their representative said that it should be "good enough" for us that they were "accommodating [us] with a replacement flight!" I spoke with a few travel representatives about this issue, and they informed me that this sort of thing happens all the time with Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  15 April 2014 by T Connelly    (USA)

Was supposed to fly from Belleville IL to Sanford Fl. The weather was horrible in STL area and there were tornado warnings issued. It took me 3 hours to get to airport which would usually take 1.5 hours. I tried to call the airline to report that it was dangerous for me to travel but I was on my way. There was a 30 minute wait to speak with a human. When I arrived at the airport, the plane was still there but they said that they closed the door already and could not let me on. The plane pulled out ten minutes early. I was standing there watching the plane pull away from the jetway. No refund, no sorry we left early and didn't let you on., nothing. I will never use this airline ever. Terrible customer service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by T Cook    (USA)

We flew Concord to Orlando and back with Allegiant and we loved it. We were careful to read all the rules about baggage etc, before we got to the airport so we had no issues there. Yes, you do have to pay for even a soda on the flight, but it was not a big deal. The flight was comfortable, the attendants were nice, the flight was a little delayed but not by much and certainly no worse than any other airline. I really don't get all the complaints I have seen on other reviews. I really liked Allegiant!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 April 2014 by P Gieschen    (USA)

Flew St. Petersburg/Clearwater to Rockford IL. on April 5. Flight 876 was delayed 2 hrs due to five attendants calling in sick. Once boarded, we waited another 2 hours before the maintenance check and paperwork were done. Very poor management and unacceptable for a flight service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 April 2014 by L Yardley    (USA)

I have flown with Allegiant only twice, round-trip, from SGF to AZA. Both times we were always on time or even somewhat early. They deliver exactly what you pay for. From the ground crew to the air crew they are all professional and very pleasant. I only hope they continue to grow and look forward to using them more as they add destinations.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  8 April 2014 by A Kant    (USA)

TUL to SFB flight and back after a weekend. The main motivation to use this airline was the affordable price and a direct flight to desired destination. We did our homework and were mostly pleased. This airline asks you to sacrifice comfort and charges less for it. If you demand extra they charge you extra. Have your boarding pass ready and be at the airport early. Print out your boarding pass as early as you can to get the best seats, it is very important if you would like to sit with the person on the same reservation. Pack light. We just used the carry on allowed bag that has to fit under the seat. This also allows you to go straight to your gate. All check in bags and bigger carry on ones will be charged extra. The seats do not move but bring your own neck pillow. They allow a lunch pack and I had it with me, so did not have to buy any food on the plane. Well I did buy a can of ice tea for $2. Bottle of water was also $2. Make sure you have an acceptable credit card for that. Restrooms are free! I did not like that the flights I took were both late. 30 and 45min. Not sure why. Seemed like that the first flight had been placed with the different plane (new airbus) since the seating arrangements were off and the second flight had some turbulent weather. Second plane was really old Douglas 80. Staff were nice and helpful. People do forget that this airline is different and demand the same service as on other airlines. Then they get frustrated if they get charged. I think I will fly again with them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Ryan    (USA)

Flew yesterday with my family to Orlando for Spring Break and the flight was great, when your on a budget this is the airline to choose. I read all the negative comments, but every airline has delays. I fly for business at least once a week and I can't count how many times I have been delayed for numerous reasons. Direct flight was a big plus and Orlando/Sanford is an easy airport to get around in and you are out the door with your luggage in 20 minutes once you land. I will definitely use them again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 April 2014 by T Gallagher    (USA)

We flew from Las Vegas to Honolulu on March 27, 2014. Flight to Honolulu had no problems or issues at all, it was on time and everything went smoothly at the airport. Follow their luggage guidelines and check in online and you won't have any problems. Flight from Honolulu to Las Vegas was delayed 4 hours 15 minutes, but they did give each person in my family $16 in food vouchers to use at the airport, the problem was, because of the delay, we missed our shuttle from the Las Vegas airport to the parking garage where our car was. When I asked an Allegiant employee for some suggestions she just said I would have to get a taxi. When I checked in online 24 hours in advance for our flight home, I was able to check everybody in except for myself (we had 10 people total). I tried to check myself in online a few hours later and it worked fine, I just didn't get to sit by my family during the flight. There is no inflight movie, so bring something to do. The seats are super small and there is not much room. No food or drink, not even water is given unless you pay for it, with visa only, no cash. We got extremely affordable flights to Hawaii, and otherwise would not have been able to go if it weren't for price Allegiant offered. You give up luxury and service for affordable pricing, which I think is fair.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 April 2014 by Frank Catano    (USA)

I recently traveled from Bangor to Punta Gorda. Upon check in you are asked to pay extra money to sit in preferred seats, unimpressed, considering these are 20+ year old aircraft, not worth the money. Flight was delayed leaving Bangor due to an issues with the APU. Flight Attendants were uninformative, rather sloppy looking, the male purser became annoying by always telling people that he was from Hawaii, and kept making rude comments about other passengers, hardly professional. Landed late into Punta Gorda, no apology for the delay, just more lip from that annoying purser, surprised he didn't break out into another Hawaiian song, just so annoy us. Will never take this awful carrier again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 April 2014 by D Mohr    (Canada)

Plane was supposed to leave Bellingham for Vegas at 9am, and arrive at 11am. Mechanical problem's delayed flight until 12pm. At 12pm we were told our plane was flying to San Diego. This caused an uproar. We were told a plane was coming to get us at noon, it didn't show up until 9.30pm. We arrived in Vegas at 1.30am Friday. A completely wasted day. Staff were not available for question's while we waited for hours. Allegiant's price for flying is the only bonus. Their entire staff are rude and don't seem to have a clue about how to treat a customer.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Rupert    (USA)

I fly Bangor to Punta Gorda or Tampa/St Pete a lot. For what I save in cost, I can't complain. However, my attitude is that I am simply paying to get from point A to point B, safely and on time - and at minimal cost. That always happens. I've had delayed flights on every airline I've ever flown - except Allegiant. That's simply a coincidence, and it will surely happen eventually. It seems people can't wait to post bad news, never the good. Allegiant specializes in low cost flights, so don't compare them to airlines that hype about making your flight the highlight of your vacation. If you want to pay (a lot) extra for all the luxuries, that's your choice - don't fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Getz Bob    (USA)

Flew from Orlando to Lexington, Ky on March 29, 2014. Numerous problems from weather delay (understandable) to plane mechanical problems. All the time this was happening there was very little or no communication from the attendants. We were like wandering sheep trying to figure out where to go and what to do. Obviously little or no direction from management as to what to do when problems arise. I will never fly Allegiant again and urge others to consider the same. Flight scheduled to leave at 1.05pm finally left at 7.30pm. Pitiful.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Patsy Howard    (USA)

My grandson was to leave from Punta Gorda at 4.30 to fly to Fort Wayne, Indiana and was delayed two times. Finally left at 8.30 pm. My niece just left today from Punta Gorda to also fly to Fort Wayne, Indiana and was delayed 4 hours also. My sister is to fly from Fort Wayne to Punta Gorda, tonight, March 29, 2014 and has been delayed four hours also. This is outrageous and I may never use Allegiant Air again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Thomas Cox    (USA)

We were set to fly out of Mesa at 6.45am. Did online check in the night before, got in line to check bag at 5.55. After 20 minutes in line, we got to the counter, checked the bag and the woman said we were too late and would not make our flight! No last call from counter, no indication of a problem and this is a very small airport! So we took our bag, shot through security and they paged us over the intercom to get to the gate. We got to the gate at 6.25, 20 minutes before take off time. We could see the plane, there were approx 25 people still going up the steps and boarding. There was no agent at the gate, we could not get out there! I ran to the next gate, explained and asked her to let us out. She said no one was allowed out inside of the 20 minute deadline. At this point we were 17 mins out. In the end, we stood there, watching people board, they plane take off and we were stuck! When I got back to the ticket desk the woman smiled and said the next flight to my town was in 2 weeks as all others were booked! We had to spend an additional $150 to catch a flight back, 7 hours later to a city 2 hours from where we left our car! When we boarded this flight it was delayed because they were waiting for a passenger! She boarded at 1.55 for a flight set to leave at 2.05! We were furious.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 March 2014 by C Schaumburg    (USA)

Flew to Bloomington, IL to Sanford, FL and likely wont use them again. Paid for carry-on, carefully measured bags, but made the mistake of stopping at the ticket counter where they said my bag didn't easily fit into the measurement device. Paid $50 extra for checked bag. Others who did not stop at ticket counter had much larger bags and were allowed to carry-on. No complimentary beverages - really? Return trip-although we paid for assigned seats, our boarding pass did not have them, spent couple hours night before to get them re-assigned only to be told upon boarding that we had to find our own seats - no apology - just, "you will be reimbursed". We got differing information from every employee we spoke with regarding: extra baggage fees, seating assignments, how to indicate a lap child, etc. Tried to use the Allegiant iPhone app, which crashed and would not open. Signed up for text message regarding flights - never got a single one. Boarded almost an hour pre-flight and then sat in the plane without moving for over an hour - no explanation for the delay.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 March 2014 by Andy Wang    (Canada)

Bellingham to Las Vegas, round trip. Surprisingly, the trip to KLAS was really smooth. Our personal item was a bit big width-wise, but we got through no problem. Our plane arrived few minutes early, the staff were professional and humorous (not expecting that), and the seats weren't that bad. The flight was really smooth. The trip back to KBLI was delayed by an hour because the incoming flight from Bellingham was delayed by the rain, and even though the plane was parked in the gate, both pilots were on the incoming flight. We made up some time because of strong tailwind (the pilots were trying hard to arrive a few minutes earlier). The pilots landed in the wind smoothly. The only thing I dislike about this airline is that you have to pay to select a seat, even upon check-in. When you look at the price tag ($400 for 2 ppl round trip), all those pay drinks could be forgiven, even the expensive carry-on. I think that you see all those negative reviews because people who had positive experience took it for granted (though really those delays are horrible to hear). I will travel with Allegiant again, and hopefully Allegiant will train more professional crews.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  26 March 2014 by M Marie    (USA)

Flew from Clearwater, St. Pete to Grand Rapids MI. Many people on the flight paid extra for reserved seating and had to sit where there were seats left. They said over the loud speaker that the seating was basically screwed up, people who were assigned seat b were supposed to sit on seat c, and so on and so on. The flight attendants were not really any help at all. In fact, one of them seemed very irritated with the passengers that were complaining that they had paid extra for reserved seating. There were several boarding passes that had duplicate seating. Some passengers gave up their seats so families could sit together. After we boarded the plane, we backed out from the gate and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes before we took off. No explanation. Oh, but they gave us free bottles of water and a mini pretzel bag. I guess that was supposed to make up for it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by N David    (USA)

Months ago I purchased a flight from Allegiant for this morning, checked in for my flight online last night, and loaded the boarding pass on my phone with Allegiant's app. I had no bags to check, so I was ready to go. When I got to the security check point, the app crashed and as it died, it took my boarding pass with it. OK. I went to the Allegiant ticketing counter, told them the app crashed, and even after I connected to wi-fi it would try to "reload" but failed every time, and that I needed a boarding pass. They said that it was impossible, that boarding had started, and no agent, computer or app could produce a boarding pass now. 30 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave, they started paging my name. This was a small airport, TSA had no line, the gate was around the corner. I could see the person paging my name. Unless your travel is strictly leisure and it doesn't matter at all if you get to your destination not, avoid Allegiant like a plague. Cheap is nice, until cheap fails.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 March 2014 by M Malnourie    (USA)

We were supposed to leave Bismarck ND on Sunday March 23rd at 12.50 pm. We were all loaded and sat at the terminal for 15 minutes when the captain came on and said we would not be going to Las Vegas in this plane. They would try to fix this one or send another from Las Vegas. Two hours later told us this flight had been cancelled. Nobody with Allegiant would talk or offer any explanation. They offered a phone number that said to go to the website. That's it. After finally getting the info from the website, it says we will leave the next day after another Allegiant flight. We should be leaving before that flight.