Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 October 2013 by M Lui    (Canada)

This is the most disorganized and unprofessional airline I've travelled with. My husband and I flew from Bellingham to Las Vegas. I spoke to a woman on the phone to find out how the seat selection works. She was very short with me, I called a second time, spoke to a different person who told me I'd be better off checking in at the airport as opposed to online if I don't want to pay and want to select 2 seats together because online, it's computer generated but at the airport a real person will select seats for you. Upon arrival at the airport, I was told that wasn't true, regardless how you do it, it's all computer generated. Our flight ended up getting cancelled due to fog and the plane landed at a different airport. It took them hours to give us this information even though they knew the flight had landed elsewhere. Finally we were told the flight would be the next day. No assistance was offered to help us with the cost of an overnight in a hotel. When a mob formed to complain, they reluctantly offered names of several hotels that would provide a distress rate. On the flight, the seats are pretty cramped and do not recline at all. Absolutely nothing was offered in the way of food, beverages or reading material, not even water. Initially you would think Allegiant is a much cheaper alternative but they charge you for everything. If you bring a carry on it's $13 in advance or $50 at the airport, each way. For a checked bag, it's $20 in advance or $50 at the airport, each way.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Judith Schillaci    (USA)

My partner and myself flew Delta to and from Grand Rapids without any difficulty. Unfortunately our daughter is on a budget and she booked with Allegiant Airlines. All I can say is take the "recommendation" to arrive 2 hours prior to your flight very seriously. They will sell your ticket right out from under you. My daughter checked in 45 mins before her flight out of Mesa AZ. She was told she was too late but watched in tears as others boarded the flight she was supposed to be on! The representative stated the next flight is next Thursday! Very cold and uncaring.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Samuel Stephens    (USA)

I travel from the Huntington and Charleston, WV area to Orlando or St Petersburg Florida at least once a month and have done so for 5 years now. Allegiant has charged a one way price as cheap as $19.99 each way and as high as $249.99 each way. Prices are very weird. I understand their schedules and schedule problems. I don't understand their prices. Allegiant is convenient for my travel plans but in 5 years they have made so many changes with booking, baggage and especially seating. They never offer any kind of relief for any of their mistakes. Today I received an e-mail advertising a one way special to St Petersburg for $44.00 for dates 12-9 through 12-23. I immediately opened the website and tried to book at this price only to find out after a 45 minute wait on the customer complaint phone line that those prices sold out completely, but there were plenty of seats available for $92. Gate personnel in Huntington have been very rude and even yell at passengers. Customer complaints and assistance by phone are put on hold up to an hour. Gate rules and booking rules are not enforced once on the plane. Such as overhead usage and seating. I will continue to use Allegiant but only if I can catch a good price. It is much more convenient, consistent, and comfortable to drive an extra 45 minutes to Columbus and book with Airtran.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Don Reideler    (USA)

Two hour delay to ride on a plane with mechanical problems, treated rudely, not offered even a bottle of water for being delayed. Other airlines we have flown on have given us vouchers for food when we were inconvenienced. I witnessed an Allegiant employee laugh at a customer that had waited over an hour for her luggage. We stood in line with the other passengers on our flight for 15 minutes while three agents leaned on the counter and did nothing, only to find out we were standing in a line that was for re-ticketing for a cancelled flight. The re-ticketing agent was telling passengers that they were in the wrong line one at a time as they requested their boarding passes. Our agent was very gruff and acted as though he was conducting some kind of military exercise.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 October 2013 by R Baird    (USA)

We were booked on Flight 541 from Monterey to Las Vegas on Sunday, 10/6. After the plane was loaded a passenger had to be removed by security and the flight was then cancelled. This cancellation was not the airline's fault. But the flight the next day was scheduled for 5.35 pm and it was delayed until 7.30 pm. Then once we were all on the plane ready to go the auxiliary power unit would not turn on and there was another delay until they could get the engines started. We finally arrived in Las Vegas at 9 pm. Monday night. There were no problems with our return flight, but after this experience and reading the other reviews I don't think we will take Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 October 2013 by J Allen    (USA)

Flew from GSP to FLL this week. Flight on time and arrived on time. Fly with Allegiant every month and have only had one issue with late departures. Friendly crew and clean aircraft.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 October 2013 by C Ray    (USA)

Just flew from St Pete to South Bend and back over the past weekend. We purchased and checked in online with no problems. They're a nice airline with friendly staff and clean, fairly roomy planes. Our only issue was the punctuality problem they seem to have with everyone. Our flights were delayed both times by 20-25 minutes. Not deal killers but still annoying. Seems like they would be more concerned about maintaining their schedule but they don't apologize and everyone acts as if that's standard procedure. Feel free to leave the A/C on while we're waiting to depart or deplane. It gets stifling real quick.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 October 2013 by L Mahoney    (USA)

I will never fly Allegiant again. We were told that we had to arrive 2 hours before departure at the gate this morning at Oakland Airport. We were there on time at 7.30am for a flight to Provo Utah. A half an hour before departure, they tell us they forgot to notify the 1st Officer that he was flying, so we waited 1.5 hours for him to arrive. Once he got there, we were notified the plane had been grounded and we had to wait for another to come from Las Vegas. Flight finally took off 6 hours late. The pilot was very apologetic and said we could have a free drink on the plane, but when I asked for a bottle of water, they said I could only have a cup! My husband missed his 40th reunion tonight because of their incompetence.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 October 2013 by Carter Shelton    (USA)

When flying from Tri-Cities, Tenn to Florida they are the only direct-flight game in town. We have used them for several years with minimal delays. They were particularly good at responding to the loss of several aircraft a few days ago. If money were no object I suppose we all would be using a chartered Lear but for most of us money is a factor and Allegiant provides reasonable service at an unbelievably low price.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 October 2013 by D Schilt    (USA)

We travel frequently from Clearwater to Knoxville. We have been delayed at least once on each of the last 4 trips. If someone else would take over flying to Knoxville, we'd switch.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Margaret M Lee    (USA)

When Allegiant Air began flying from Allentown PA to destinations in Florida, they were wonderful to fly with. Their staff was courteous and their flights were very reasonably priced. I told everyone I knew how wonderful my experiences were with them. How things have changed! They are now one of the rudest group of people I've ever encountered in a service based industry. During my past few trips from Allentown to Clearwater, I've had one bad experience after another. Instead of trying to help, they've continually stated "We are now an a la carte airline". I'm sure that they don't care, but they have lost another customer.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 September 2013 by J Barker    (USA)

For the money that we paid, it was an excellent flight. I flew from Las Vegas to Kalispell, MT - Yes, they charge you for any added things such as carryon, luggage, seat assignments, onboard drinks etc, but if you are interested in a low fare and getting from point A to point B - I don't think they can be beaten. Our flights were on time, the crews were cordial and the check in experience was comparable with other major airlines. Allegiant is a discount airline so you cannot compare their services with a Delta or America. They provide basic transportation at a very reasonable price. The downside to them is that unlike the major airlines, they do not have a large number of extra airplanes sitting around, so should you encounter a mechanical problem, the plane will have to be fixed before you can fly, they cant fly in an extra aircraft. I think for the money paid, they provide an excellent value in airline travel - you simply must realize what they do and that is basic air transportation.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Floyd R Utz    (USA)

My wife and I were flying from Stockton CA to Las Vegas on June 30 after attending a wedding. The flight we were supposed to catch was finally cancelled after keeping everyone waiting for the entire day. We were supposed to leave at 2.20pm, but the rescheduled flight didn't leave until 7.45 the next evening on July 1. No less than 3 other scheduled flight left for Vegas before I would have been allowed to board a plane. I refused to be at their mercy and caught a flight from Oakland that put me in Vegas around 7.00am the next morning, 13 hours before the Allegiant flight finally left CA.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 September 2013 by Catharine Janssen    (Canada)

A couple of weeks ago I flew for $66.00 to Florida and $66.00 return. I have a vacation home south of Tampa so I don't need to take luggage. I take my purse and walk on and off the plane with no hassles. Yes I have to pay 2.00 for water, pop or a snack but compared to paying 500.00 return flying from Ottawa I just can't justify spending the other 350.00 difference and Air Canada doesn't provide meals anymore. Yes I have to work around the Allegiant flight times and pay for my snacks and yes I have less flexibility but I am saving a lot of money! I find the staff courteous, friendly, helpful and professional. I don't need an inflight movie, it is only a 3 hour trip. I applaud this airline for providing good service at great prices and direct flights.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Tilford Marshall    (USA)

I have flown many different airlines in my 76 years, but I must say the charter with Allegiant to College Station, Texas this past Saturday, September 14, 2013, was one of the most abysmal experiences I have experienced. Firstly the cabin crew were rude and professed ignorance of information regarding the charter flight. The beverage service offered by the airline would have done well in a comedy routine, no coffee/hot beverages, yet the bottled water was served at room temperature (no ice offered) and in this case, tepid. The plane itself was dirty and odorous and the lack of ensuring the aircraft was serviced and ready to go upon departure to Birmingham from Houston Bush, was out of a Keystone Kops routine. The supposed delay caused by mechanical issues was explained in 3 different stories from the same representative, concerning a door that was an emergency egress that could only be opened from the outside, heaven help us had we had an emergency that required using that (rear) door, if it could only be opened/closed from the outside. A trip of 12 hours inclusive of a 2 hour ride to the airport, passenger airport procedures and attending a 4 hour football game ended as a twenty six hour expedition. Never again will I be a passenger of Allegiant Air and I strongly discourage others to use Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 September 2013 by D Little    (USA)

We used this airline for a charter flight round trip from Birmingham, Al to College Station, Texas and then back to Birmingham out of Houston. Never again. The flight attendants were so concerned with socializing with passengers who were buying alcohol that some of us barely got or regular drinks. On way back the flight was delayed for 4 hours due to "mechanical issues" in College Station and then the flight crew had to have their FFA mandated rest period. They told us at the gate that when the crew got there the plane would be fuelled up and ready to go. When we boarded the plane it was hot and the AC was not on because of the engines not being on. The pilot then came on and told we would have to wait to leave until the plane was refuelled, so we were lied to at the gate. Overall horrible experience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  13 September 2013 by H Walter    (Canada)

We had our flight cancelled from Bellingham to Maui this August. After standing in line for almost 2 hours we found out the flight was cancelled only when other passengers were getting calls on their cells from the airline. The counter staff looked like teenagers and were no help at all. Finally after several hours, an Allegiant rep showed up and we were put up for the night at local hotel only to arrive the next morning to have our flight delayed again two more times. Very poor service. Even airline employees told us this is a recurring problem and not to fly with them at all. I think after reading all these reviews I will take their advice and throw away the flight credits they gave us for another time.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 September 2013 by Kelly Stout    (USA)

My son flew from PHX to Oak, 9/6/13. The plane was delayed 1 hour for weather and 2 more hours waiting for a replacement crew member. Return flight was set for 9/9/13 at 2.30pm, here it is 8.40pm and they have just taken off from Oakland. There were "mechanical issues" is what they were told. There were a limited number of food vouchers available and warm bottle of water at the gate. When I called the airline I was told they do not refer to another airline and that "pizza and drinks were given out at the gate". This was not what I was told by the agent in OAK when I spoke to her at 4 pm. Told they would however give me a $50 voucher for another flight! Never again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 September 2013 by J Bigelow    (USA)

We have flown Allegiant since they came to our area and have never had a problem, We flew out September 1st, to Las Vegas. Ticket agent was great, fast and friendly, plane took off on time and we even landed in Las Vegas a few minutes early. Return trip was the same ticket agent was friendly and funny. Flight attendants on both flights were friendly. Plane took off on time and we landed on time. Ok so the seats don't recline, not a problem we just stood up once and a while to stretch our legs. Food no problem the wife packed some snacks for the flight out and the return trip. All in all we have had great trips with Allegiant and we will continue to fly with them. We love the direct flights.