Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 November 2013 by D Durbhakula    (USA)

Austin to Las Vegas, Nov 28th, Flight number 453. They say low cost airline but they rip you off. Myself and wife were traveling to Las Vegas. The flight was empty and system generates random seats, we both were not travelling together. To travel together we have to pay 35 USD. When I called the customer care to adjust the seats since the flight was empty I was given a very rude reply. The price we paid for our tickets we could buy with other airlines.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 November 2013 by W Bromagen    (USA)

Took a non-stop from Fort Lauderdale to Lexington, hoping to avoid the mad scramble in Atlanta. Big mistake. This airline left late, due to engine issues (had to get a replacement aircraft) then when we arrived the ramp wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes for them to figure out they needed to open the rear stairs and allow us off. No discussion of perhaps just taxiing to a different gate. After replacing, another hour, yes, hour, awaiting bags. My advice, skip the non-stop and stick with Delta.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  27 November 2013 by S Pierce    (USA)

Granted it's inexpensive but be ready to be delayed. Have flown it often but probably 95% of the time flights are delayed. And not just a few minutes or a few hours. More like anywhere from 5-9 hours. Totally unacceptable. Have kept trying them due to direct flights and low costs but our time is too valuable to spend so many hours sitting in airports.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 November 2013 by Michael Koenig    (USA)

Tried using this airline twice. The first time they cancelled the round-trip flight the night before departure. They didn't offer any alternative transportation. Just apologized and said I was on my own to figure it out. I had to scramble to get other transportation. I asked the customer service rep if Allegiant would give me any discount or such on a future flight. I was told I would have to email them, complain, and ask someone else. That was 8 weeks ago and still no response. The second time I tried to use Allegiant, they cancelled the flight 12 days in advance. This time without explanation. How did they know they had to cancel that far in advance? In short, the price is attractive, but what good is that if you can't fly. I'll never use them again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 November 2013 by Edmonds Mary    (USA)

Absolutely prefer this airline. Love the price, direct flight and the smaller airports. Flew Sioux Falls to Tampa 11/16/13 and back 11/19/13. Will consider them first before any other airline.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 November 2013 by D Smith    (USA)

Springfield, Missouri to Punta Gorda, November 14-17, 2013. Flight out was delayed slightly, but most time made on the way to Punta Gorda. No problems on return. $150 pp R/T including bag fee. Staff was great, service was good. If you know the rules and play their game on ticketing, luggage and check-in you can save money. With older second hand aircraft you are bound to have some delays, but for the price you can not do better. Many trips on Allegiant and only one serious delay.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 November 2013 by Jo Hampton    (USA)

I was extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I had to pay for a seat. I chose a seat that I liked and preferred to sit in, paid the fee and expected a good flight with a window seat close to the front of the aircraft. When I arrived to board, I was told that we were to board a different plane and that the seat that I had paid for, no longer mattered and I had to sit wherever I could. Granted, I will be reimbursed the money for the seat, but I paid for something I did not get and was not forewarned until boarding. I got stuck in a middle seat, and was uncomfortable the entire flight. This is not good business. If a customer pays for something, they expect it.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 November 2013 by C Atherfold    (Canada)

Was supposed to fly out of Plattsburg NY direct to Clearwater FL, Nov 1/13 . The plane got into the air and had instrument problems within 10 minutes of take off and had to return to Plattsburg airport. A very stressful experience. The plane had to circle for about 45 minutes to get rid of fuel. Fortunately we had a safe landing and all precautions were taken with fire trucks and ambulance available if needed. Upon arrival back at the airport we were offered Pizza as there would be no replacement plane arriving for 5 hours coming from Tampa. A full refund was offered if you decided not to take the replacement flight and a phone number was given out to call. We opted not to fly. The problem started with confirming our refund. No 1-800 number, a long distance call with a wait of 30 minutes only to be told that a form had to be filled out online first . Very poor customer service. In the end a refund and a free voucher for future travel that would have to be redeemed by calling that same number.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 November 2013 by R Candow    (Canada)

Bellingham to Vegas, got to airport on time but found out our plane was delayed cause of a flat tire. 6.5 hours later we left as they had to fly a tire from Las Vegas on the next flight. They gave us water, pop and a $8 voucher for food. They said they would give us a $100 voucher for our next trip on our account. I phoned them and no 800 number, so you have to pay for the call. They go threw a 5 minutes of jargon and then they tell you, you will be another 20 minutes. Did not wait. I flew with them when they first started great airline they and now sad to see they have gone the other way.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 November 2013 by A Arrants    (USA)

I had a voucher from Allegiant that I had from January 2013 and had to use by Jan 2015 which I did the end of October 2013. They had already charged me $80.00 for voucher issue which they deducted. Very hard to use website in booking a flight. I chose my seats which I paid for, did not get the ones I signed up for on my departure flight. Then I made a typo scheduling my return on 12/22(was supposed to come back on 11/3. Not their fault on that. When I had to change it they charged me for seats again, adding $342.00 in fees for my wife and myself. The seats don't recline nor or they comfortable. Very cheap. Will hitch hike before ever using them.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by Bryan Eckerley    (USA)

3 hour delay to destination and 4 hour delay coming back. Both flights were nonstop but could not get out of the airport and this was not weather related. Thought we would give Allegiant a try due to convenience. Going back to the big guys.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 November 2013 by K McCandless    (Canada)

When flying Allegiant Air - check your VISA statements. Our family booked for an upcoming trip to Vegas and should have been charged $3021 however we just received our statement and we were charged 4 x for same trip. Then the whole frustrating deal trying to talk to a human - first you have to email them then they will give you a phone number then you have to phone and wait time is between 30 - 90 minutes (in our case 90 minutes of Long Distance from Canada) only to be told they don't see the error on their end so send them the visa statement as proof. Which I did and asked for confirmation that they received fax as well as confirmation when it is corrected. No customer service No apologies.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  5 November 2013 by Diana Butler    (USA)

Flight 773, Fort Wayne to Sanford, Oct 31. Flight 772, Sanford to Fort Wayne, Nov 3 2013. We were charged $100 ($50 both ways) for a carry on that we hadn't prepaid for. If we had prepaid, it would have been $26 total. It's the same bag, why would it cost so much more if you add it at the desk? All beverages and snacks are for purchase only, including water. I can certainly afford to pay for things, but I hate to be taken advantage of.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Cook    (Canada)

Was very apprehensive about flying Allegiant after reading all the bad reviews, however the return flight from Bangor to Orlando was absolutely fine. The check in staff were the friendliest I've come across in a long time, the flights left on time without incident and the price was right.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  1 November 2013 by Lanika Alexander    (USA)

Flight 1703 from Los Angeles to Honolulu, October 31, 2013 was supposed to leave at 12.55pm we get to the airport two hours early as requested just to find out our flight was delayed to 1.45pm. We get on the plane and wait for an hour for them to fix whatever mechanical issue they were having to then be told we must leave the plane! We were advised another "rescue" plane was on its way and would arrive at 6.50pm we start getting text messages at about 5.30pm that now that flight was cancelled as well due to mechanical reasons. There were over 100 people on this flight and Allegiant says they have hotel vouchers for only about 55 people, not to mention the food vouchers they decided $8.00 at LAX was enough - you can barely get a good cup of coffee for that price in this airport.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 October 2013 by I Pitzak    (USA)

Travel with Allegiant is a nightmare! According to their own personnel their planes are old and break down often. My trip from Provo, UT to Oakland , CA was delayed by 6.5 hours. The return trip one month later was an odyssey: it took 11 hours and 3 different planes before we could make the 1.5 hour trip. The first plane fully loaded with 200 passenger was not able to even get to the main runway before breaking down and was towed back. The second plane sent to "rescue" came 5 hours later, but was grounded due to mechanical problems. We had to wait more hours for another "rescue plane". After boarding and ready to take off on this third plane, the pilot announced that his instruments showed not enough fuel for take off and we had to wait in the tarmac to be refuelled. What started with boarding the first plane at 8.30 am in CA ended at midnight in Utah.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 October 2013 by C Donovan    (USA)

Just flew from Lexington Ky. to St. Pete and back. Beware you get what you pay for. Beautiful day no weather problems and we were 2 hours late leaving. Attempted to check in online and it forced me to show I was checking bags when I was not at $39 a piece, gate agents had no authority to help at the airport and gave me a number to call, waited 40 minutes for some guy to tell me I had to email the company and they would get back to me in 6-8 weeks. Along with the fact they have some of the oldest and dirtiest planes I have flown on this is truly the Greyhound Bus of the airline industry.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Brown Jo-Ann    (Canada)

I had booked a flight to Las Vegas on Oct 20th-24th with 4 of my friends. Told our flight was cancelled due to fog in Bellingham. We were told they do not compensate for anything, not even a meal, shuttle or hotel. It was up to us to find our own place. We were to call in 2hrs to find out if we were to leave the next day, but again no information. On top of all that we were all double booked coming back, our bags were all labelled wrong. We were sent back and fourth in the waiting area and even booked to the wrong gate. Our flight home was so cold. My friends and I will not be flying with Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 October 2013 by Rossner Jean Pierre    (Canada)

Got what we paid for. Yes the airfare is cheap, however, when you starting adding up the extras it will amount to the same price. We live in Montreal, Canada not far from the NY state border, flew from Plattsburg to Fort Lauderdale. We will never fly Allegiant again. Customer service is horrible both on the phone and onboard. Staff are unknowledgeable. I will add that at the time you could park free at the airport, now the charges are too high, nevertheless they charge for luggage and other fees and that brings the total to the same as for someone leaving from Montreal to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.