Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 December 2013 by Margaret Brooks    (Canada)

Our flight was cancelled at 11.30pm, with no new scheduled time give to any of us. Coming in from Canada as we are leaving the airport are told flight alerts are not available to Canadian customers, not only that but no financial help for costs involved in obtaining motel rooms for the night were given either. Going online plugging in confirmation number all you find is your return trip information with no rescheduled flight information given to your itinerary number. Complete and total lack of professional shown by this airline for the customers on this flight. It readily became apparent the only concern they have is for themselves and not the tired unhappy people that had been at the Niagara Falls, New York airport for hours.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 December 2013 by J Gallegos    (USA)

I have flown this airline to and from college for the past 3 years and I never have had a good or even average experience. The check-in staff are rude and do not try to help. The worst experience was for the holidays this month, not only did my flight get cancelled but I was never informed of it. Looking up the flight online said it was on time so I drove the 2 hours to the airport only to find that it had been cancelled. I had a paper for a motel thrown at me by the attendant with no directions or an address. All in all I will never fly Allegiant again. When we finally got a flight (24 hours later) the stewardesses were in the back talking.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 December 2013 by K Peters    (USA)

We were late leaving Appleton by about 45 minutes when a 10 minute delay was announced. The plane smelt like an old locker room. By the time we got into Sanford, we hit rush hour traffic, and our Disney World tickets that we had already paid for were a waste for that day. On our way back, there was a young mother with 2 tiny kids that made it through ticketing, security, and they shut the door to the jetwalk just before she got there. They never paged her overhead, and there was a supervisor manning that gate that was extremely rude and condescending to her. She left in tears. This was on a Monday morning, and my understanding was also, that there wasn't another flight for her until Thursday. Also, I thought the ban on e-readers on take off and landing was no more. We had to turn ours off. I will not fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Barbara Smith    (USA)

Originally, the airline pushed our December 9 2013, 11.20am departure (from Sanford/Orlando, FL to Hagerstown, MD) to 5.20pm (they notified us 2 days in advance, via email). We were glad that they emailed in advance, allowing us time to change plans, which benefited us. However, with the change to 5.20pm, we arrived in horrific weather conditions, and Hagerstown airport closed after we had circled for a while. So we were diverted to Youngstown, OH. Allegiant paid for overnight stays for all customers aboard at 3 nice local hotels (including limo service to and from, and full hot breakfasts the next morning). Hagerstown airport was not well equipped to deal with this "special" situation, so it took 2 hours to get everything organized, but we were very pleased at how Allegiant took care of us. We will definitely be glad to rate our experience as very positive and we will most certainly be return customers in the future.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 December 2013 by John Maya    (USA)

Return flight from Vegas to Austin was delayed 4 times before they finally cancelled it at 9pm. Wasted all day at the airport and now next flight is today at 12.30pm. I won't get back to Austin now until 5 or so tonight so it'll be another day wasted. Got switched 4 times from gate to gate. Boarded a plane got as far as the tarmac then turned us back to gate due to pressure gauge failure. Sat on a hot plane for about 30 min then had to wait around for another hour for them to finally tell us flight was being cancelled. They put us up in an old hotel waited around at lobby for another hour to get a room. Then the room I got had no heat in 30 degree weather was eventually switched to another room at about midnight except this time no hot water. Took a cold shower this morning and am now waiting for 1230 flight back to Austin. Buyer beware. Do not fly Allegiant airline if you have a choice. Worst experience ever.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 December 2013 by Chris Schmidgall    (USA)

My husband and I have flown Allegiant before without any issues, but on Dec 1 flight from Bloomington, Il to Orlando/Sanford we had a 5 hour delay with no reason why and they used a a different airline (Falcon Air) . On our return flight Dec 8 again we had a delay of 4 hours with no explanation (also Falcon Air). You cannot tell me that someone did not know why they were delayed. Also $8 food vouchers and $50 vouchers is enough to compensate for long delays and no information. We wasted over 12 hours at the airport that could of been used vacationing. Will be looking into other airlines.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 December 2013 by E Swing    (USA)

Dec 2 2013, Flight 2835. Dec 5 2013, Flight 834. I am very disappointed in Allegiant Airlines. They were 7 hrs late on Monday Dec 1. I was scheduled at 5.05, they called the night before and moved it to 7.40, then text and moved to 9.20, then called and moved it back to 7.40. I get to check in at 6 and it's back 9.20.The bright spot they did give us $8 for food. Of course we know the price of food at the airport. The great rate is not worth it. I lost a day of work this week. That is unacceptable.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 December 2013 by Chuck Kloster    (USA)

Why does everybody expect something for nothing? We flew Allegiant on November 21, 2013 from Cedar Rapids to Las Vegas. Departure was on time as was arrival. Returned on Dec 5 and once again departure was on schedule and we arrived in Cedar Rapids 15 minutes early. Yes, I paid for one checked bag and one carry-on. No, the seat did not recline - but at least there wasn't a kid in front of me who felt that he had the right to slam his seat into my knees. I really didn't have a problem paying 2 bucks for a Coke either. The aircraft was comfortable and clean and the total fare was reasonable. Oh, I almost forgot - as a non-stop flight we didn't have to put up with the hassle and stress of changing planes in Denver or Chicago.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 December 2013 by R Smith    (USA)

Flew from St. Pete, FL to Tri-Cities, TN on Nov. 5. The night before I did get an email that said that the flight had been delayed from 7.45am to 3.05pm. I was thankful for that because their were many people that didn't get the message. So about 2-2.30pm they announce a gate and plane change. They had to get a plane from another airline, Suncoast. Since this plane didn't have the same seating they changed to open seating. So they boarded handicapped first, then priority people, then groups with small children, then people with assigned seats, and then everyone else (seems like Southwest seating). By the time we did all this it was about 4.15pm. They did give us water and a snack pack on the trip. So we get there late and what do you know, there is an Allegiant plane already at the gate. We have to wait another 30-40 minutes until that plane leaves until we can get to the gate. There were no weather problems at either city. I overheard the Suncoast crew saying that Allegiant did have any crew available and that's why they had to change planes.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Edith Rappolt    (USA)

I had a flight booked on Allegiant Air for Monday, December 2nd that was scheduled to leave just after 10 am and arrive in Clearwater at approximately 12.15. Instead, it was after 7pm before we departed and about 8.30pm before we arrived in Clearwater. I was never notified the flight was delayed so spent nearly 12 hours in the airport as our departure time changed several times. The reason we were given had nothing to do with weather or natural disasters, just that "our flight team timed out and must go on rest time and we haven't been able to find crew to replace them"! Really! Now here I am on Thursday December 5th, again stranded in the airport with Allegiant Air waiting for a flight that was to depart at 5.05 and now being told it will be between 9-10pm hopefully! Reason this time, again not weather, "we just don't have enough planes to cover all the scheduled flights". "We have chartered some planes, but now that crew has timed out"!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Connie Tilley    (USA)

Terrible. An 8 hour delay on Monday from Greensboro to St Pete, now supposed to leave today at 5.05 from St Pete to Greensboro and they just informed us that plane will not leave until 9.40.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Dave Mengel    (USA)

Saw all the bad reviews and don't understand why. I have flown Allegiant many times with no delays, other than weather, and the staff were great. Can't beat it for the cost. Would recommend to anyone. How else can you get to Florida in 1hour 45 minutes from Ohio for 75 dollars.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 December 2013 by Victoria Frittitta    (USA)

I have to say no stars for this airline. So called 'customer service' hung up on me once, then when my son called them back they hung up on him too. I signed up for text alerts on my phone but they did not advise me (even after we traveled 3 hours with a rental car for the second leg of our trip to Knoxville airport). After checking in we found out that the flight was cancelled for mechanical reasons for possibly 1-2 days. We ended up renting another car and drove 15 hours, reaching home after 4am. What a way to end a vacation! I have to admit they did eventually refund the money because I refused the $100 vouchers they offered. Did not need the vouchers because now I intend to pay full price for a major air carrier. Just so you know because they are not a major carrier they do not make other arrangements for you and if you find a flight you can get on, you re paying for it again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 December 2013 by K Doub    (USA)

I had a flight on 11/11/2013 from Oakland to Phoenix. The flight was delayed 2 hours before they finally cancelled it. They didn't give us any idea if there would be a flight the next day so I had to book my own flight on Southwest so I could get to Arizona at a cost of $350. My return flight on 11/25 was delayed 4 hours! Today my fianceť was supposed to fly from Oakland to Phoenix and he just received notification that his flight is delayed 2 hours! You really can't depend on this airline. Flights may be cheap but you might have to pay more on another airline in order to get to where you want to go.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 December 2013 by S Burns    (USA)

Sitting at Sanford FL airport as I write this. Arrived early for the flight back to Springfield MO. Flight was cancelled due to missing crew member last night. No notification on website. Aggravation is not worth it. Now as I sit here waiting to get within 3 hours of home on another flight and wasting an entire day I regret ever trying them on a friend's recommendation. No real recourse, no food vouchers. Other choice was wait 24 hours and try again. Hotels, food, and transportation all at our expense. Needless to say I will never use them again and do my best to ensure anyone that will listen doesn't either. The only good thing I can say is they are direct flights (when they actually fly), and the seats weren't too bad. We were offered $100 off our next flights, as if I will ever use them again. Tonight at 5.34 when the plane lands will be the last time I ever consider Allegiant Air.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 December 2013 by S Paulus    (USA)

11/27, flight 888 from PIE to ABE. 12/1, flight 803 from Harrisburgh to PIE. They may have low rates, but nothing is included and I mean nothing. Carry on, check bag, water on the plane, cookies, pretzels, peanuts not included. You must pay for everything. There is no inflight entertainment. The seats do not even recline. The planes are old and antiquated, the staff are rude. No one is in a hurry for anything. They give you no information, no courtesy whatsoever. They change the rules every step of the way. Every person we talked to had a different story and nothing matched. All they did was lie to us. Everything was delayed and there was no compensation to the passangers for the inconvience that was given to them. First our time was changed with no notificAtion, then we were told we had to wait 4 hours because the pilot and crew needed time to rest. By the time you pay for baggage, a beverage and every other thing, you have paid way more than the other airlines.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 December 2013 by R Raybon    (USA)

I have used Allegiant Air during my 4 years while attending school out of state. Yes, the cheap flights home when I had breaks were great but I was always delayed. I might have been on one single flight where everything was on time and they didn't push back the time due to "operational issues". There were also several times where I had to walk to my car in the airport parking lot in pitch black late at night because my flight was pushed back so much. Me being a young girl, this was very unsettling. Allegiant feels that offering free complimentary drinks when the flight is delayed will make everything better, well they are wrong. Also when you run into an issue there no settling a canceled flight at the airport you have to sit on the phone for over 30 minutes waiting for the next available travel agent. Honestly, I don't think the issues that come along with booking a flight on their airline is worth the cheap flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 December 2013 by William Bert    (Canada)

Our flight from Oakland CA to Bellingham WA was delayed 5 hours - no explanations or apology were offered. The ground crew were too inexperienced and timid to criticize. They didn't seem to be in the loop any more than we hapless passengers were. There were no weather problems at either end of the flight. An earlier leg of our trip (Bellingham to Vegas) was delayed for 2.5 hours - again no explanation or apology but it was raining heavily on arrival in Vegas so we assume that was the reason. I sent an email to their customer service and got a very quick, personalized but unapologetic response. I've been a life-long traveller and have travelled on many no- frills airlines so I know what to expect in terms of crowded seating and lack of freebies. However, as countless others have attested, Allegiant Airline is the worst because of their shoddy customer service both during and after travel. This truly is the worst airline in North America.