Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Dayna Dittmar    (Canada)

Flight 210 leaving Bellingham at 9am going to Palm Springs, CA. Got to the airport at 7.30 am and was told the flight was on time even though it was snowing. Got into the boarding lounge and told it was delayed until 10am due to the snow and runway not being clear. At 10am it was still not flying with little updates. By 3 pm when I checked the flight status online it showed it was cancelled. Went up to ask the staff and was told no the flight will go out as soon as they have clearance to fly. After they cancelled 3 flights due to apparent weather and gave us a phone number to call to be put on the next flight. Stranded for 36 hours, I finally got out of Bellingham December 21 2013 at 7.30 pm.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 January 2014 by Lisa Baker    (USA)

Flight 184 from Phoenix/Mesa to Eugene, OR, 1/3/14. Save the time, money, inconvenience and fly one of the reliable airlines. They advertise low rates, but when you add the bag fees, seat fees, this fee and that fee, it is actually more expensive. Went to the airport today for flight, flight was delayed 3 hours. No explanation and none of the customer service people knew why. Sat and waited, then flight is cancelled until tomorrow. Again, no explanation.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  6 January 2014 by D Robertson    (Canada)

Our 65 min flight from Phoenix was 4 hours delayed upon arrival at the airport. There were no weather concerns as far as we could tell. Apparently Allegiant has no reps at airports, just the contractors who process people onto the planes. We were advised not to leave the airport as the situation might change. Two texts later from Allegiant had the flight delayed another 1.25 hours. The promised food and beverage coupons did not show up in the boarding lounge as promised (we waited and hour). Apparently it takes time to print the vouchers! Trying to contact Allegiant customer service produced a 30 min wait on "Live Chat" or 60 min wait on the phone. Never again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  4 January 2014 by J Horowitz    (USA)

Fort Myers, FL on Dec 26, flight was delayed, going to Knoxville, TN andI returned home at 1.30 this morning. This is by far the worst airline I have used. In the past 3 years we have traveled Allegiant over 30 times and each trip it has become a joke. They are never time, staffed or polite. I am currently waiting on a flight, I received an email this morning telling me that the 2.30pm flight was being delayed until 11.30pm. I have since tried to check for updates online and by calling the customer service line. After waiting an hour and twenty minutes to speak to the customer service rep, she told me that the flight should still be leaving at 11.30pm.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Francisco Nix    (USA)

On a flight from Grand Forks, North Dakota to Sanford, Florida this past December 2013 my flight was canceled. We sat on the tarmac for an hour while they figured out what was wrong and another 30 minutes locating the part and trying it again. Finally they determine they could not fix it. Well the next day they had it fixed. However, they determined the plane was too cold for the passengers so we had to wait for them to warm it up. Once they warmed it up they determine the water was frozen in lavatories. So the only guy working had to get several pitchers of hot water to try to unfreeze the sinks but to no avail. Finally he said to use the hand wipes so we boarded and finally took off. I had bought the trip-flex and used it to change/extend my return flight since I was delayed a day. However, you can't change it online, you have to call in. Well it seems that this cheap airline is cheap in labor and maintenance.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Schreiner    (Canada)

Recently returned from a trip down to Florida originating from Niagara Falls, NY over the holidays. Our flight was scheduled to depart from Niagara Falls IAG airport at 11.57 am on Dec 23, 2013. Arrived early only to find out that our flight had been delayed an hour. We purchased food at the airport cafe while we waited. Around 12.30 pm we were told that the plane was being re-routed to Ohio due to poor visibility and our flight would be further delayed. We had to wait a further 2 hours before boarding at 5.30 pm due to outstanding paperwork on the plane. We did not receive timely or detailed updates during this 5.5 hour delay. Not knowing when our flight was going to depart, passengers including ourselves were forced to purchase food and beverages multiple times from the airport cafe and vending machines. When we finally did take off at 6.15 pm (6 hours later than our scheduled departure), we were offered complimentary snacks and beverages on the flight. I had hoped that our return trip would be redeeming for Allegiant, however, I was once again disappointed. Our return flight from Punta Gorda (PGD) to Niagara Falls (IAG) on Dec 28 was scheduled for 3.30 pm. Arrived at the airport at 1.30 pm only to be notified by the check-in counter that our flight had been cancelled. Told our flight would be rescheduled but it could be anytime the next day. We did not receive any notification until 12.55 am. Our flight had been rescheduled to 1.44 pm on Dec 29, so once again, we repurchased food for the flight and drove another hour from Naples to Punta Gorda. Prior to boarding (at 1.25 pm), we were told by the representative that since the chartered plane had a different seating plan than the regular Allegiant planes, passengers can seat themselves anywhere regardless of whether they paid extra and pre-ordered seats or not. In addition, upon going to the restroom on the plane I was shocked to find that there was no running water in the washroom and we could not wash our hands.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 January 2014 by M Hansen    (USA)

My family flew round trip from Rockford, IL to Punta Gorda, FL over the 2013 holidays. Our trip to Punta Gorda went very well. I am blind, and one of the flight attendants came up to me as soon as I got seated with my family and offered me a personal safety briefing, which I gladly accepted. The seats on the airplane (a Boeing MD80) weren't that comfortable and did not recline, and there was no hot coffee available for purchase. The crew were professional and we got from point A to point B safely. On our return trip, we were diverted at the last minute to Moline (2 hours away by car) because of freezing rain in Rockford. According to what passengers were told later, we were unable to land in Rockford because there was a plane stopped on the runway and there was not sufficient room for us to land safely. On our arrival at the diversion airport, the flight attendant working the forward cabin went through the usual post-flight announcements, even going so far as to tell passengers not to smoke until they were outside the terminal, to claim our luggage at the baggage claim area, and how to book future travel on Allegiant. Upon our arrival at the gate, we were informed—that in addition to the weather in Rockford, our plane had a mechanical problem. Passengers were sent into the airport and told that further information would be provided to them when it became available. The flight attendant showed no sympathy. The Allegiant representative at Moline was wonderful. There was little information available about when—or even if—the plane would be repaired and sent back to Rockford. As we were leaving the airport, the gate agent announced that the plane had been fixed and that anyone wishing to go to Rockford should go back to the boarding area. The real issue for me was the lack of professionalism from the crew on our return flight. I might have been willing to overlook the diversion and mechanical problems if the crew had been sympathetic, calm, and professional. But everything on the return flight added up to a never-again” experience.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 January 2014 by S Bluske    (USA)

Awful experience and will never travel again. Was supposed to leave Cedar rapids on Jan 1 at 8.50 am and was notified at midnight that it was cancelled. They said that I would receive a message by 3pm Pacific time for the rescheduled flight but did not receive any news. Finally found out my flight would leave at 7pm on Jan 2 (36 hrs after the original departure time) only to find out it was delayed again. I was then told I could switch my departure city to Des Moines, IA so when I called to do that, they cancelled that flight as well when I was on the phone with the agent. Never experienced such awful customer service.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  3 January 2014 by J Rowe    (USA)

On Dec 29th our flight from Mesa to Missoula was canceled at 6am, one hour prior to our departure, with no reason given. We were assured that airline representatives would be available to help us get rebooked. They did not appear for two hours and we ended up standing in line for three hours to get our hotel vouchers. No one seemed to know what was going on. This was my first flight with Allegiant Airline and I was greatly disappointed.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  2 January 2014 by E Phipps    (USA)

Flight cancelled on December 31st with no reason given and no notification sent. Jan 1st rescheduled flight delayed 3 hours no reason given. Daughter has used the airline 2x now due to convenience (St Pete to Bangor) but is tired of the rude attendants (every flight she's been on, and delays (every flight she's ever been on).

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 December 2013 by J McTiernan    (Canada)

We were scheduled to depart at 9am on 20th Dec 2013 and were told the flight was delayed because of weather and runway was closed. Agreed, it was snowing! However after a 6 hour delay during which the runway was open and Alaska Air was taking off and landing the Allegiant rep advised our flight was delayed until the next day at 8pm. On the return flight scheduled for Christmas day Dec 25th at 12.26 pm getting us home for Christmas dinner was cancelled due to "operational requirements" and wouldn't leave until 8.23 pm the 26th Dec. Airline employee told us they cancelled the flight because there weren't enough passengers! This was the only honest employee we spoke with.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 December 2013 by L Mattie    (USA)

I flew round trip from Vegas on 23rd and 27th December. Between the two flights, I had 15.5 hours of delay. Each time I was notified in advance, but both occasions they didn't have a plane and had to fly one in from somewhere else. Allegiant is based in Las Vegas, I don't understand why they didn't have back-up planes readily available. The flight that finally took place on the 23rd was on the oldest plane I have ever flown on. It smelt old and musty. The flight on 27th was supposed to take off at 3pm and didn't actually get off the ground until 2.15am. Instead of getting home at 4.30pm, I got home at 4.15am. Spending so much time in the airport on those two days I was able to witness their operation. They didn't not get a single flight out at a reasonable time either day I was there. Next time I'll pay the extra few dollars to fly on another airline and get where I want to go. The only good part was my bag was not lost.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Malcolm Leal    (USA)

This is the second trip on Allegiant and the last one we take. The web site is confusing, phone customer service is non-existent. We booked travel Phoenix to Grand Island and were told we could bring 1 handbag (like a backpack) on the trip. On the way back to Phoenix we had to pay $50 each for the same backpacks! We could have taken another flight to Omaha which is what we'd do in the future.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Wilson Thomas    (USA)

Flight 142, PHX to Wichita on Dec 23. Cheap, cheap, cheap. Horrible service. Same size jets as other airlines but the ticket agents won't let you carry on the same bags that fit in the above seat storage with all other airlines. Everything is too large so you have to pay $50 to let them check it. Plenty of room once I was on the plane for my bag, just another way for them to sound cheap but they are not.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Travis Beagle    (USA)

Some staff professional but others quite rude. Do not pay for the so-called priority boarding, we were made to wait on the long check in line as the "security" man did not appear to understand that we should have access to the priority line. Seats uncomfortable, some food selections unavailable, flights both ways delayed and so on. Having said that, they are cheap and fly a route we travel. Like the small airports. But if there was any other option for this same route non-stop, I'd gladly pay more to avoid Allegiant.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 December 2013 by C Reynolds    (USA)

Flew December 21 from Knoxville to Punta Gorda. Flight was on time. Paid to sit in the third row, seats were fine. Overall, this airline is just fine! Significantly cheaper than all other airlines, and flying to a small airport meant no traffic jams. Yes, you have to pay to choose your seat and to carry on an item, but still, it is so much less expensive and trip went well.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 December 2013 by M MacBeth    (USA)

Reasonably well-organized. Purchasing online was easy. Received email update when departure time changed. Flight was on time both directions. However, employees could be a little more attentive. The gate attendant in Mesa was brusque. I was 'blessed' to sit beside someone with a dog - and that person was also traveling with family who had a very small child located elsewhere on the plane. The dog was whiny - as was the child, and the adults were not terribly successful in quieting either. Even though there was considerable disruption in my row, no attempt was made by the flight attendants to placate those other passengers who were affected. Sadly, with the exception of the safety information and selling food and drinks (oh, and walking through with a trash bag), they were rarely seen. Yes, I'll likely use them again - but only because of the airports they serve.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  25 December 2013 by Melanie Orintas    (USA)

We booked outbound and return seat tickets from Little Rock, Arkansas, to Sanford, Florida (and back) on Allegiant Airlines (Flight #'s 728 and 729) at an additional $$$ expense to be told on each leg of the trip there were no assigned seats and that it was "open seating" which effectively "cheating us" out of our money. When we went to check in the staff was undermanned and we flew on Sun Valley and Miami Air rather than Allegiant (apparently subcontractor airlines?). It was an awful trip on this "a la cart airline".