Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  31 January 2014 by R Eaton    (USA)

Have flown Allegiant about 12 times and have had only 1 on time departure. Our last flight was 1/26 from PIE to AVL. Over 5 hours late. Equipment issues. Worst part is that even though it had an Allegiant flight # it was flown by Falcon Air. Both plane and crew were Falcon. When we checked in we were told that it was a chartered flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  30 January 2014 by Gail Driscoll    (USA)

Flew Moline IL to Punta Gorda (or tried to) on 1/27/14. Half hour before landing announcement made we cannot land because of fog and are being routed to Sanford, FL. Cannot land at another airport because not enough gas. Land at Sanford, airport closed, staff had to be called in. Told we would be getting hotel room only to really find out that we would be paying for the room because it was weather-related. 180 some people for 40 hotel rooms doesn't add up - a lot of whom were elderly. Most of us left on our own at Sanford airport with nothing, slept on floor. No food or beverages offered. No customer service. Rented car when rental agency opened and drove to Fort Myers. Will not be flying Allegiant again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  29 January 2014 by Vestal David    (USA)

Original flight out on Allegiant #1065, January, 17 was eventually cancelled and we never actually flew it. We returned on Allegiant #1064 on January 23. Allegiant Air 757-200 servicing Spokane is not equipped with necessary technology to land in regions frequent foggy conditions. Allegiant misinforms customers of flight status when you can find out what is actually going on with your flight using FlightAware. Allegiant kept moving out the "delay" in two hour increments up to four hours after the flight had left the diverted airport for the return to the destination, never actually arriving in the departure city.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by R Ohlson    (USA)

I travel from Appleton, WI to Orlando/Sanford, FL at least two to three times a year and I always have a pleasant experience. I am a paraplegic and require aisle wheelchair assistance and they are excellent about it. I find the prices more than reasonable, even after adding your baggage.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by A Scot    (USA)

Maiden trip from PIE to SWF on 10/31/13. On time, definitely a no frills airline. Stewards and stewardesses complained the whole trip about having a 4hr layover. Now the return trip: My flight was scheduled for a timely departure! Approx 7.30pm, that meant being there by 5.30. Never received text alert and airport screens showed on time schedule. An announcement was finally made at 7.15pm of the delay, we would hopefully be boarding after it arrived at gate at 9.15-9.30. After arriving after midnight, I still had a 2 hr drive home. I can usually fly back and forth with just a personal item, but rudeness is unacceptable. Everything is an added fee: seat, water, snack, carry on, checked bag, priority seating, etc.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Gilbert Jonathan    (USA)

I recently flew from Greenville to Clearwater and both legs the plane left three hours late with weather not being a factor. On stepping out in Greenville I inquired to the people who were waiting to fly on how long they had been waiting, they said 4 hours.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  24 January 2014 by S Anderson    (USA)

Honolulu to Las Vegas flight was delayed, we boarded the plane, sat for over an hour on the plane, had to deboard the plane, wait 2 more hours, and was eventually told the flight was rescheduled for the following morning. The next morning we sat on the plane over an hour for fuel before take off. Flights appear to have delays/cancellations for some reason and customer service department is horrible. Not a customer friendly airline and troubles are not worth the initial savings since you usually end up spending more in the end with unreliable flights.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  23 January 2014 by Susan Scarbrough    (USA)

Punta Gorda to Knoxville on Jan 9th 2014. Flight was delayed 3 hours to start off with then after 2 hours of waiting we were sent to another part of the airport to wait, after the 3 hour delay we were told the flight had been cancelled. Had to find another ride back home which is a good 45 minute drive. They said it would be rescheduled for 6am the next morning. After arriving at the airport at 4am the next morning, the flight was delayed again and we finally boarded 2 hours later, then left for Knox. We got over Orlando and we had to turn around and go back to the airport. Finally get to Knox, then we have no gate for the plane to go into so we sat on the runway for about an hour. This experience was unacceptable and very costly if you consider the cost of 2 trips back and forth to the airport. Trip back was not as bad but also a delay. Yes the flights are very reasonable but just be prepared for delays.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  21 January 2014 by J Matthews    (Canada)

Booked the first flight in the morning out of Las Vegas (8am). When we arrived, we were told our flight would be delayed a few hours, they didn't know how long and offered us $10 in food vouchers? By noon, they were still unsure, and said they "may" have a plane coming at 2pm but that was not a certainty. I told them I needed to be home and asked about the 2.30 pm flight. The response was that I could change but would have to pay and it would cost $1600 to do that. When I returned, 12 min later the desk was swamped and she was giving away the seats she had just told me I would have to buy for $1600! I asked for my checked bag back so I could use another airline, she stated that she did not have any staff to retrieve the bag! After no communication and other Allegiant flights, we finally got a plane 9 hours later. They actually closed down the desk after an hour of people asking what was going on and when we may possibly get out. The new plane was small and it was all open boarding. We had originally paid for seats and priority boarding. When we were all on there was 2 people without seats as they had "miscounted" the seats in the new plane! They actually asked if anyone would give up their seats for a $25 voucher for another trip.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 January 2014 by C Campbell    (USA)

Flight from Punta Gorda to Moline cancelled 2 hours before flight time. No reason given. Good weather at both airports for flight. Likely due to lack of crew and/or equipment. I intend never to use again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  20 January 2014 by B Sanderson    (Canada)

Family of 9 (5 adults, 4 children) travelled from ST Cloud to Orlando. Excellent service, flight and price! Will definitely travel Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 January 2014 by Ryan Glanzer    (USA)

I flew from Austin to Las Vegas on a Thursday and returned on a Sunday. I had nothing but positive experiences the entire time. The $55 airfare was a steal compared to the other airlines, which made it pretty easy to overlook fees for luggage and seat selection. I am 6'6" so I paid $21 each way to sit in the exit row (31st row) in the aisle and I had at least five feet of space in front of me. The flights started boarding an entire hour before scheduled take-off, which I guess was nice. Both flights left exactly on time and both arrived to their destination ahead of schedule. I would definitely fly Allegiant Air again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 January 2014 by Patty Murphy    (USA)

A group of 5 of us paid $145 total to be able to select our seats. On our flight from St. Pete's to Lex, we were told it was open seating with no seat assignments. We had paid in advanced for a seat assignment. This made it very difficult for groups with small children.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 January 2014 by D Dobson    (Canada)

My son's wedding was in Florida on Jan. 4, 2014, so we booked our flights (6 family members) in August for this specVery unprofessional airline. I was on a cancelled flight on Dec 20th from Niagara Falls to Florida. Plane was re-routed even though flights were landing and taking off less then 30 minutes away out of Buffalo and while we were waiting flights were landing and taking off from IAG. we were told around midnight that flight was cancelled and we would be contacted as to when it would be re-scheduled. We had originally booked with plenty of spare time to get us to our cruise ship before it left and the new scheduled flight was too late. Thank goodness US air stepped up and had seats available. We signed up for the text alerts and never received a single one - the only way we knew the flight had been re-scheduled was that another passenger informed us - our email didn't come until after 10am the next day - way too late. Allegiant didn't offer any assistance or information as to hotels, transportation - just that we had to get out of the airport. Flight home was also over 2 hours delayed due to mechanical issues. Seats were the smallest and most uncomfortable I have ever been in and there were no complimentary beverages offered. Initial flight prices may look good but do not be deceived - by the time you add baggage and everything else it becomes very expensive. I will never fly Allegiant air again and will ensure none of my family or friends do! Worst airline I have flown.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  9 January 2014 by M McKenzie    (Canada)

Returning from Las Vegas on Jan 6 2014. Got to the Las Vegas airport and was told the flight was delayed by 4 hours due to pilot being timed out. Does Allegiant never have any stand by staff? By the looks of the gate that day all Allegiant flights were very delayed. The weather was fine so very little in the way of excuses for them. I doubt I will ever fly Allegiant again as this is the 3rd time with problems.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 January 2014 by A Zawko    (USA)

My son's wedding was in Florida on Jan. 4, 2014, so we booked our flights (6 family members) in August for this special occasion. We were scheduled to fly from Knoxville to St. Petersburg/Clearwater on the morning of Jan. 1. Two family members went early to Knoxville and were at a motel on the morning of Jan. 1 when they received a text that the flight was cancelled. The other four of us were on the way to Knoxville when we were called by our family members and told of the cancellation. I spent 45 minutes on hold arranging for new (replacement) tickets from Lexington, KY to St. Pete that afternoon. We finally booked the tickets and headed north to Lexington for a 1.15 pm flight. We pulled into the airport and arrived at the ticket counter only to find that the flight was delayed 4 hours. We spent several more hours killing time until the flight took off at 6pm. We arrived at St. Pete too late to get our rental cars. Both the originating flight and the return were operated by Sun Country which seems to be a much better airline. The only thing that made the travel acceptable at all was Sun Country. I will never fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 January 2014 by N Niseteo    (Canada)

We were group of 8 travelling on December 26, flight 221 from Bellingham to Las Vegas. Told that flight was cancelled - Allegiant offered hotel vouchers to passengers who lived 50 miles away. Allegiant didn't have any service personnel at Bellingham airport who could help with re-routing to get to destination, only way was over the phone with long wait. Allegiant accepted all passengers who wanted to continue on flight next day. We all lost one day of paid hotel accommodation and one day of paid 2 rental cars. Return was a little less disrupted, just delayed for one hour and 20 min. Reason was 'they didn't have crew for airplane'. We all decided that Allegiant is going to be last choice in our travelling due to unreliability.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  7 January 2014 by William Baker    (USA)

Would not fly this airline. Unprofessional, delays, maintenance issues above the norm, old equipment, timed out crews, not enough backup equipment or crews. I experienced all of above on an attempted flight to Lex Ky from Sanford Fl.