Allegiant Air Passenger Reviews and Allegiant Air Customer Trip Reports

Allegiant Air Passenger Trip Reviews

Allegiant Air detailed 3-Star Ranking

Allegiant Air Aircraft Seat Plans

Allegiant Air Economy class seat reviews

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Brenda Rarick    (USA)

I booked a flight on January 3, 2014 to fly from Orlando to Newport News on March 24. On March 18, I received an email that all flights to Newport news were cancelled for the month of March. I was left scrambling to book a new ticket on another airline. No help from Allegiant customer service, booking at short notice on another airline was expensive. No explanations for the cancellation and no concern for my situation. The flight was to my daughter's wedding. I have never had an experience where you booked a ticket and the airline cancelled without offering options to get you to your destination.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  22 March 2014 by Michael Shirchenko    (Canada)

Flew from Niagara Falls to Sanford. Flights were on-time. No frills airlines but additional charges were excessive. Normal checked baggage with other airlines is 50lbs. With these guys its 40lbs. Had to pay additional $150 for overages. Convenience has a price tag, other than that I would fly with someone else.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  19 March 2014 by T Cook    (USA)

We flew the Charlotte to Orlando route and had a great experience both ways. The flights were a little delayed but no worse than any other airline and one delay was truly weather related. You do have to pay for every bag, soda and snack on the flight but the flight was literally 1/3 the price of other airlines so I didn't mind spending $13 for a bag or $3 for a soda. Flight attendants were nice, flight was comfortable...no complaints here.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  18 March 2014 by Donna Olah    (Canada)

Flew back from Las Vegas to Grand Forks, ND. Flight # 484, March 15th. If you want your holiday plans ruined, then fly Allegiant. Their planes are overused and mechanical failures are often and cause delays each time that I flew. When you check in, they treat you with disrespect. They charge you extra for service that is non-existent and you sit cramped in tiny seats with no circulation to your legs. Staff are very rude and have no people skills. Be prepared to pay extra for carrying a small tote handbag on board.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 March 2014 by N Taylor    (Canada)

PSI-BLI, flight 211, 16th March. Late 50% of the time. Fly 40+yr old DC10's. Online info wrong and outdated. Nickled and dimed to death - almost the same cost as a decent airline, especially when factoring in car travel. You pay for what you get - will never fly with them again!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 March 2014 by C Wildman    (USA)

Flight from Bloomington, IL to Orlando-Sanford, FL on 3/13/14. Walked up to the check-in counter line 50 minutes prior to our flight. The man in front of us had been given a card that said he was going to be the last person to check-in and the Allegiant representative yelled at me and my 2 daughters across the crowd of 30 people to say, "You missed your flight." She ended up letting us check in without even trying to carry on our bags (which were all within the size limits!), charging us $50 each, and when we went to board, no one else had boarded yet either. She eventually came to the boarding counter with the other representatives and made a comment to me that it must have been my "lucky day." It was embarrassing and stressful and I will never fly with Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 March 2014 by R Eaton    (USA)

I have flown this airline numerous times and my experience has been similar. However, this week I flew on 3/10 from Asheville to Punta Gorda and 3/14 back. Both flights took off and landed on time with no hassles.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 March 2014 by Bill Duston    (USA)

This is probably my seventh or eighth round-trip between Greensboro and St. Pete. Like all the other flights, I was very pleased with Allegiant. Their flight crews are quite professional, yet very friendly, the planes are new and are usually quite clean. Both flights this time were either on time or just a few minutes late. Yes, you pay for everything. But I find that everything is explained on their website. I will continue to fly with Allegiant in the future.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  17 March 2014 by K McCarthy    (Canada)

We flew from Syracuse to Clearwater and after reading all the bad reviews, we were very nervous as to what to expect. We flew with 3 small children during the March Break too. The customer service on both ends was excellent, the staff were very friendly and accommodating with our children. The check-in line was quick and efficient on both ends. Our flight was delayed on the way down for an hour, but once the plane arrived, we quickly boarded and were up and away. Complimentary water and pretzels were given and the flight was smooth and quick. I would totally fly this airline again and as a family of 5, discount rates during the March Break, a non-stop flight and small lineups beat a larger airline with more frills any day!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  14 March 2014 by C Root    (USA)

Unexplained major delays from KDSM to KDPG. Agents tell different accounts for delays. No consistency. The delays are apparently occurring in Punta Gorda as they are the planes that make the return trip to Florida arriving at midnight, 1-2am, well after the advertised ETA of 10pm. If you can't make routes work consistently, then get out of the market!

Allegiant Air Customer review :  13 March 2014 by J Balemans    (Canada)

Flew to St. Pete's from Bangor (return) - no issues on the flight there. Flight home was delayed 1 hour which was not a big deal. Complimentary water and pretzels provided due to the delay. Staff were friendly and things were kept very simple. Liked the fact that it was a direct flight and the price was considerably lower than other airlines.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 March 2014 by J Duffy    (USA)

Got to airport 2.5 hours before scheduled flight. Waited to board only to be offered a "complimentary drink" (soda or water) while we waited for a mechanical issue to be resolved. 1.5 hours after our flight was supposed to leave, we were told it was canceled with no explanation or apology. They have no agreement with another airline to assist when this kind of thing happens. We were "put up in a hotel" by the airline because we lived more than 50 miles from the airport. We were told to check online for when our flight would be rescheduled. Our "new" flight was scheduled 30 hours later. On our return flight, we were not "allowed" to check our bags until two hours before the flight. That time came and went and multiple flights by Allegiant were canceled or delayed while we stood in line. When we were finally allowed to check our bags, less than 1 hour before our flight.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  12 March 2014 by C Rupp    (USA)

As a frequent traveler, flying every 7 to 10 days, I will never purchase a flight on this airline again. At best, on time flights record is 50/50. Customer service is the worst I have seen. No information to passengers that might allow for alternate travel plans, no concern for elderly or families with children, no consideration of food or beverage needs with 5+ hour delays, many delayed flights arriving after midnight with no rental car service, plus many other complaints including a ridiculous customer service phone line with up to two hour waits for a representative who is not empowered to provide even a small amount of customer service. Many more issues. Strongly advise not risking travel plans with this airline. With all this said, actual flight crews have been very nice and professional.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  11 March 2014 by Susan Murray    (USA)

March 3 from Bellingham to Palm Springs with my 87 year old mother. Flight was originally set to 3.45, delayed to 7.45, then moved ahead to 6.45. People were scrambling to get to the airport for the 6.45 departure. Ended up waiting in the waiting room for the crew to arrive. They showed up for the 7.45 flight. We didn't board the plane for another hour. Then sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes while they re-booted the system twice. Finally towed back to the gate and boarded another Allegiant jet that had been sitting there all the time. By the time we arrived in Palm Springs around 1.00am, the car rental counter was closed. The night before our return flight on March 7, we were text to say the flight on Friday was delayed back to Bellingham. By this time I had been trying to get hold of Allegiant on the customer service # - the waits on my cell phone were over 30 minutes. We did not want to risk dragging our mother all over the airport, having the flight delayed again, or worse cancelled, and having to figure out what to do! I finally got hold of Allegiant and cancelled our return flight. We got one-way tickets on Alaska to Seattle and had one of the husbands pick us up and drive us back to Bellingham. Another long day, but at least Alaska was on time and answered the phone.

Allegiant Air Customer review :  10 March 2014 by J Gathmann    (USA)

Flight 966 from Punta Gorda to Peoria, IL. Ft. Myers area experienced storms for about 1.5 hrs in the morning. Our flight was scheduled at 3.30pm. All flights prior to us were delayed when we checked in. Approx 30 min prior to departure, I received about 3 texts delaying flight hour by hour until 9.45. Then the gate agent announced that due to shuffling of aircraft, our flight was delayed until midnight. They announced we could leave airport and return later. I never did receive a text about the last delay and the website never reflected this either. In the meantime, every flight scheduled after us departed either delayed slightly or on time. We then found out Allegiant hired a Sun Country flight to pick up passengers first in PIA and bring them to Punta Gorda and then take us home. This flight arrived at 12.00 am. We were then held off from boarding for another 1 hour as we waited for them to deplane 3 more flights that had arrived shortly after our plane. We in finally took off at 1.45 am. Paid for seat and because aircraft was different it was changed to open seating. Staff ordered pizza for everyone and provided soft drinks and water. I can understand delays like this if weather is bad. Difficult to watch several flights fly out that were scheduled after us. Very true, you get what you pay for.