Alitalia Customer Reviews and Alitalia Passenger Trip Reports

Alitalia Customer review :  28 May 2013 by C Ash (USA)

After so many negative reviews I was expecting the worst. Instead, I was pleasantly surprised. On a short leg between Reggio and Rome the stewards stepped right up to help with luggage - this hasn't happened within memory on an American airline. Even managed to get in a beverage service. On the Rome to JFK leg the entertainment supplied without charge was top notch - I was able to watch movies for the whole trip and play some of the games, the earpieces were large and comfortable, unlike the horrible buttons on Delta on the way over. Food was fine for economy and several beverage services with good choices. While legroom not great, the seats seemed to be wider than most - no bumping of/from my neighbor. Staff pleasant at ticket counter and on plane. Wouldn't hesitate to fly Alitalia again.

Alitalia Customer review :  27 May 2013 by C Wajsberg (Israel)

TLV-FCO-JFK. One way only as we booked return with other Skyteam airline. First impression of Alitalia staff in TLV airport was already very negative. Staff rude and unprofessional. First flight from TLV to FCO uneventful. Seats comfortable with enough legroom, we were seated on row 8. Connecting flight after surviving several hours in very poor FCO Rome airport departed with 1 hour delay, seats are extremely hard, entertainment is ok, personal screen very small. Food service began very soon after take off upon which all staff disappeared until 1 hour before landing. Food decent without being interesting. Alitalia needs to improve a lot before I will consider flying them again for me they remain a second class airline.

Alitalia Customer review :  22 May 2013 by M Tobin (USA)

My wife and I flew round trip Boston to Rome this month. Both flights were non-stop, leaving Boston at 5pm arriving Rome at approx 7am. Flight departed on time, was quite smooth and flight staff pleasant enough. We flew premium economy so we would have a bit of extra space, and I would definitely recommend it. While the cost was a bit higher than on other airlines, it allowed me to sleep through much of the flight. Upon arrival, our bags were available as soon as we made our way to the baggage claim area, after we went through passport control. Our return flight was equally smooth, departing Rome on time at 11am and arriving in Boston a bit early at 2pm. Upon arrival in Boston, our bags showed up in a timely fashion and all was good. Meals served on both flights, both main mean and a snack near to arrival, and while none of the food was great, I don't expect a significant dining experience in flight, so again, I was not disappointed. Both flights were their new 330 planes. All in all, my experience was quite good, and I would not hesitate to fly Alitalia again based on these flights.

Alitalia Customer review :  20 May 2013 by N Shilepsky (USA)

We flew Premium Economy from Boston to Rome and back. We were very pleased. It is worth the extra money for Premium Economy.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 May 2013 by S Jega (Canada)

Flew from Rome to Toronto. Air Hostess - unfriendly. They do not respond to individual calls. You have to get up and walk to the front or to the back of the airplane if you need water. I travelled with an infant, when I asked for some milk, one air hostess bluntly said no. Another was good enough to accept the bottle and asked for my seat number. However, most of them were grumpy and look annoyed. Entertainment - No personal entertainment, No power, No USB. There are TVs at the centre which play videos. Most TVs were not functioning properly, some screens were in mono color. Transport to Airplane - on crowded buses. So unorganized that passengers were asked to stay inside the bus for a long time after the bus had reached the plane. I do not recommend.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 May 2013 by J Jackson (Canada)

Rude staff at airport in Rome, along with the staff at the Alitalia lounge in Rome. My husband needs wheelchair assistance and was treated as though he was a burden, unlike other airlines who were very kind and helpful. Absolutely horrible service. Washroom was what you'd expect at a dirty gas station. Food - very poor. Never again.

Alitalia Customer review :  15 May 2013 by D Hall (UK)

Travelled FCO-LHR after connecting from SOF-FCO. Transfer at FCO T3 was actually very easy (both our flights connected here). However we needed to go to the Alitalia transfer desk for boarding cards for our onward flights and found the seats we chose at time of booking had not been honoured and we were split up 10 rows apart. Not happy with this. The flight was almost 30 mins late boarding and thus departing. They made some time up but we were still about 15 mins late arriving at LHR. For a flight scheduled for just under 3 hours I did expect more than one drink and a small bag of bread snacks. I expected on a full service carrier we may at least get a sandwich. No second drink run either. After this length of flight the recaro seats did not feel at all comfortable due to the lack of padding. Leg room was ok for this length of flight.

Alitalia Customer review :  15 May 2013 by D Hall (UK)

Travelled SOF-FCO in order to connect on to FCO-LHR. Despite the fact that Web-Check in did not work at all, at the airport the check in queues moved fairly quickly. The seats I reserved at time of booking were honoured. This flight was fairly full and departed on time. We had a block time of just under 2 hours so thought we may get offered more than one drink. But not forthcoming. Not much padding on the recaro leather seats, but not really a problem on a flight of this length. The cabin crew looked totally disinterested. I felt this was the bare minimum for a full service carrier.

Alitalia Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Elliot Wayne (USA)

JFK to FCO on AZ609. Flight incurred a 2 hour ATC delay. Cabin staff obliged passengers with beverages and constant updates. Cabin appearance was spotless and the dinner service very good! By the way the complimentary wines were good and the cabin crew served it up with Italian flair-Bravo! Our arrival into Rome was both speedy and efficient and everyone seemed rested and pleased. By the way we experienced no issues with our luggage as most passengers seem to mention. The airline continues to improve and offers surveys to select passengers for feedback and suggestions for a better flying experience. Much improved carrier!

Alitalia Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Elliot Wayne (USA)

Rome to Los Angeles on flight AZ620. Flight delayed 45 minutes due to an ATC delay in Rome but we still arrived in LAX on schedule. 777-200ER cabin was clean and the Alitalia decor was brilliant in color and design. The pilot was both professional and informative along our 12hr and 21 minute journey. Cabin crew were professional and well - groomed but a bit unfriendly! Lunch service out of Rome was good but the additional snack services need to be improved. Drink service was excellent! I was also pleased with the ground staff in Rome and pleased that our baggage arrived safe and sound.

Alitalia Customer review :  13 May 2013 by P Battista (Belgium)

Flight to Milan from Brussels AZ 7095, back some days after with AZ196. On both flights: Clean new aircraft's. Flight departed on time and arrived early on schedule. Very clean interiors and comfy recaro seats (even in Economy). Service on board was just a salty or sweet snack with juice, coffee and a glass of good wine. So better than average on Eco flights over Europe. Flight attendants were smiling and did their job with professionalism. I was travelling with family and children and the flight was very relaxing. All in all very good experience.

Alitalia Customer review :  13 May 2013 by C D Liotta (Italy)

SUF-TRN on new Embraer E-175. Fast check-in, good flight, good food, great service from flight crew, plane very clean. No problems.

Alitalia Customer review :  13 May 2013 by C D Liotta (Italy)

TRN-FCO-REG both flights on new Airbus A320. Overall a very nice trip. Fast check-in, good flight, good food, great service from flight crew, plane very clean. No problems. Will fly Alitalia in the future.

Alitalia Customer review :  3 May 2013 by C Stadelmaier (USA)

Lets start with the good. On time, plane clean, lucked out and had an empty seat beside me. Flight attendants perfunctory at best. The food - never in my 50 years of flying overseas once or twice a year have I experienced anything quite as bad as my recent roundtrip flights from Boston to Rome. The food was barely edible, the juices were thick sugar syrup with a chemical taste, floury snacks were stale. The coup de grace was something the flight attendant called a zucchini pizza? It was a 2" thick piece of soggy white flour bread (calling it bread is being kind) with a thin layer of shredded zucchini with some type of indescribable flavoring. I took one bite out of sheer curiosity, it tasted as disgusting as it looked. There is apparently no one managing their catering service. Anything seems to go! I don't expect gourmet in economy, but I do expect vaguely edible. The vegetarian meals were equally bad. My suggestion, should you choose to fly Alitalia, bring your own food and drink.