Alitalia Customer Reviews and Alitalia Passenger Trip Reports

Alitalia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by S Cooke (USA)

This had to be the worst flight I have taken. We travelled in Premium Economy. The aircraft was clean and on time but everything else was terrible. The check in personnel in both Los Angeles and Rome were rude. The flight attendants were not much better. They served the inflight meal and returned only to pick up the trays and that was an hour later. They never returned to pick up trash or ask if we needed anything else. The food was poor and inedible. This was my first and last trip on Alitalia.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by Adam Woods (Albania)

I flew Alitalia 4 times in the past 4 days. First flight was from Tirana International Airport to Rome Fiumicino on Sep 19th. Flight took off and landed on time, so I guess this flight was pleasant on an A320. There was a choice of salty/sweet biscuits and a drink Pepsi/Water/Bravo and wine! Then I flew from Rome Fiumicino to London City Airport. I was travelling with my family, and upon reaching our gate at Rome Airport, we decided to check in towards the end because of the large lines of people waiting. For no reason whatsoever, no bus came to pick us up for the next 30 minutes. Flew an Embraer plane to London which was rather odd considering the duration of the flight. I then flew yesterday Sep 22nd 2013, and the flights had similar problems. London-Rome took off at least 30 minutes late because of a busy runaway. Plane was an A320 once again and the flight was uneventful. Then from Fiumicino I flew to Tirana again, on an Airbus A320! Flight to Tirana took off 1 hour late! In general, I would fly Alitalia again.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 September 2013 by D Retger (USA)

My wife and I were in a group of 47 travelers flying Alitalia from New York to Rome, and return. We have been on hundreds and hundreds of flights but our experience Alitalia recently, is perhaps the worst ever. The primary reason was the seating situation. We were flying economy plus but most of the group was in economy. Not only were seats jammed together but they did not recline. It appeared they were moulded plastic seats with cushions that slid down a bit to offset the lack of replying. It was agony. The entire group, without exception, were totally negative on the seating situation. several of our group found themselves in seats that had metal boxes on the floor so they could not extend their legs fully. 'Breakfast" on our return flight consisted of two pieces of cake. Coffee was consistently lukewarm. Stay away from Altalia, at least on their JFK to Rome service.

Alitalia Customer review :  18 September 2013 by Alex Droulers (France)

Accra - Rome, Flight AZ845, Rome - Paris, AZ7310. Terrible airline. Stopover time of 35 minutes schedule between 2 flights - Ridiculous knowing that the 2 terminals were extremely far from each other. Food and Beverage: Never saw such a poor offering - could not even touch the meal (and 2 of my neighbors felt the same). Luggage lost - Terrible staff (not giving any information). Poor aircraft quality.

Alitalia Customer review :  17 September 2013 by Luke Toornent (Netherlands)

AMS-FCO. I'm not impressed by Alitalia. I tried many airlines of the last months but this was my worst experience. Poor seat comfort. The crew came only once with water and coffee. They were very rude and were completely not interested in the passengers. Plane was old but the flight was on time.

Alitalia Customer review :  17 September 2013 by L Ashcraft (USA)

I confirmed our flights on Friday for a Monday flight from Chicago to Rome to Verona. On Sunday, I saw that the times has been changed. Flight to Rome was now 5 hours delayed and we had an 8 hour layover in Rome before landing in Verona late at night. I called but was not able to get an earlier flight to Verona - booked up. The plane to and from Rome out of Chicago was on an Air One plane - so dirty and broken down, even the toilet seat was off and lying on the floor. Never again for Alitalia - disorganized and second rate.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by M Silvia (Canada)

Toronto - Rome - terrible service on board. Do not care service, any entertainment available beside central old style TV on the middle of cabinet, turned on after five hours of flight playing inappropriate movie for my kids. I will recommend a one stop flight instead of using direct flight with Alitalia.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by G Carla (Italy)

FCO-CDG-FCO. Departures and arrivals on time, the flights were pleasant, both times on a A321. Staff professional but worked without smiling at all, food service requires an improvement, only a packet of sweet or salty biscuits and a drink. I will continue to use Alitalia again for my next trips.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Donna Madia (Canada)

Flew from Toronto to Rome on an old broken down plane. The staff were very nice coming around all the time and the food was good. On other carriers they come and make sure your seat belts are fastened before take off and landing but not Alitalia, did not see any of them checking. Nobody should fly with them anymore until they renew all their aircraft's.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 September 2013 by J Judy (Canada)

We flew from Toronto to Rome and connected on to Tel Aviv. We then flew return. These flights, however, were truly awful. It is the YYZ-FCO routes that were terrible. I spoke to many different Alitalia contacts to find out beforehand if there were personal TVs on board and was told each time, there would be as these were all new planes. When we arrived at the airport in Toronto, we found out it was A330 AirOne flight we were taking. It was one of the oldest and dirtiest airplanes I have been on. The ash tray between the seats was filled with chewed up gum, the seats had no cushioning, there were no personal TVs, and it was just all around dirty. While I picked up dinner in the airport, my family got the on board meals which looked awful. Yes, we got there safely, but the dirty plane, awful meals, and lack of personal TVs on such a long flight, made it a terrible flight. On the way back, again, very old A330, but this time, I think the state of the plane was even worse than the one going there. While we chose our seats months in advance, we ended up with 2 rows of 2 right in front of the WC, and the last row did not recline at all. They had changed the plane so that the configuration we chose from was not the one we flew. This plane was even dirtier with yellow padding under the seats showing, duct tape to hold together some of the seats. The attendants came around once in 10 hours with water. The first meals was provided right after take off and the second more than 8 hours later, just before we landed. We will never fly Alitalia again long haul. Our short hauls between FCO and Tel Aviv were an A321, newer, and just fine. So, we'll fly a short haul, but never a long haul.

Alitalia Customer review :  14 September 2013 by M Honorati (Italy)

I flew from Rio de Janeiro to Turin via Rome FCO. The long flight was made by a brand new A30 with a very good on board entertainment system and a quite good service. Both planes were clean and both flights arrived at destination 15 minutes before the schedule hour.

Alitalia Customer review :  11 September 2013 by Ricardo DeFrutos (USA)

Flight from Rome to Boston in Premium Economy. Clean cabin, food below average, FAs with a "do not care" attitude.

Alitalia Customer review :  9 September 2013 by C Blandino (USA)

My wife and I were making a connection from MAD-FCO. We flew into DFW and changed terminals in MAD, the layout of the airport is strange in MAD and finding the ticket counter was a bit of a pain. Once there the ticket agent checked us in and told us where to go, very robotic, no smile, no emotion. Once at the gate the gate agent called and made the boarding announcement, 15 minutes later everyone was on the plane and the plane door was shut. The plane was comfortable, clean, and crew were friendly. Arrived on time into FCO. Ground staff could be more friendly, and the announcements at the gate needed to be more frequent. The return was about the same out of FCO. Overall I would fly them again.

Alitalia Customer review :  4 September 2013 by F Paolo (Italy)

Two different flights: AZ300 and AZ305, LIN-CDG-LIN as a Skyteam transit flight. Flights both on time. Crew were not really that nice. On the return flight the crew waited until descent to serve and this caused confusion onboard. Everything was good for a 1.5 hour flight but the thing I can't stand is the check-in service in Linate. I had a skyteam ticket on multiple airlines (AZ/DL/AF). Each site of the selected airline pointed me to each other and, when I was able to do it on the AF site, the tool didn't make it possible to change seats. Called AZ and they didn't answer, called AF in Italy and they didn't answer, called AF in France and they said the entire site had a problem so it was impossible to check-in online. Went to LIN, ground staff pointed us to the compulsory "self check-in" that, surprise, didn't worked either. Finally they let us check-in at the usual desk and everything was good. If there are strict alliances between Airlines, at least give passengers a good check in tool for every flight!

Alitalia Customer review :  3 September 2013 by Lisa Colosimo (USA)

FCO-BOS, 22 August 2013. Check-in Service at Fiumicino Airport has greatly improved. Good customer service, be prepared and all will go smoothly. On board we had in-flight entertainment, a new A-330, that we Bostonians never had until this year! The all male cabin crew were outstanding, friendly and helpful. Food was good, but check the expiration dates as the dessert fruit cup had the same day exp date, smell test proved ok. All in all, I noticed an improvement in Alitalia Service, which has not been the case in previous years.

Alitalia Customer review :  2 September 2013 by C Luca (USA)

FCO-BOS on 22 August 2013 Check in service at Rome Fiumicino went nicely. The woman was smiling and very friendly and handled our suitcases well. Boarding a Fiumicino was 10 minutes late. It was great to see that Alitalia brings a brand new A330 to Boston. Luckily, there was inflight entertainment on the flight unlike in the past. It worked very well and was a new touch screen. Sometimes, the system froze but most times during the flight worked well. We had an all male cabin crew. They did really well and were always considerate and kind. The food was pretty good but average for economy class food. The seat in front of me was pushed far back and the entertainment screen was in my face for a few hours of the flight. The landing in Boston was great. I didn't even know we had landed until the wheels smoothly touched the runway. The pilots did very good and smiled at passengers when leaving the plane. Overall, a very good experience with Alitalia this year compared with times in the past.