Alitalia Customer Reviews and Alitalia Passenger Trip Reports

Alitalia Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Penny Winter (USA)

Terrible, went NYC-Rome. Staff were rude, seats were tiny, headrest uncomfortable, food was awful. Just one step up from Ryanair or Easyjet.

Alitalia Customer review :  18 November 2013 by Christos Ioannou (UK)

London to Brindisi via Milan out and via Rome back. Haven't flown Alitalia for several years and was shocked at the complete absence of catering services. On all 4 flights there was a very poor selection of drinks (soft drinks only) and absolutely no food whatsoever apart from a tiny packet of savoury snacks - and this even on the Rome to London sector with a scheduled flight time of 2 hours 45 minutes. At least on budget airlines you can buy food - but on Alitalia there is nothing. Plus points are the cabin decor which is attractive and clean, and the seats which are comfortable with good legroom. But why this complete absence of catering from the national carrier of a country which has such wonderful food and wine?

Alitalia Customer review :  14 November 2013 by C Ingham (Australia)

Score 2vout of 10

We flew FCO-Paris return. The first flight we had was aboard an Air One plane and was very basic. Cabin staff looked dishevelled and were not friendly, they looked like they did not want to be there at all. I went to use the toilet and there was no toilet paper, toilet stank and looked like it had not been cleaned in years. Flight was delayed an hour and when asking on board what time we will be arriving as we had transfers booked, i was told the flight is 2 hours, that was all. Very bad experience and as a travel agent I will not be recommending this airline.

Alitalia Customer review :  6 November 2013 by F Goitz (USA)

We walked onto a beautiful new plane, the staff was wonderful, and the food decent, but the headrests were so incredibly uncomfortable and there was nothing we could do to improve the situation - the rests basically push your head foreword, leaving you with a bent neck and no back support. I will never fly them again simply for this reason. Check in prevented us from carrying on our luggage - she said my bag was too heavy/large, but once onboard, it seemed everyone had bags bigger than mine. Onboard staff was nice - attentive and accommodating. The temperature was ridiculously warm and stuffy. The inflight entertainment device was difficult to use and offered limited options.

Alitalia Customer review :  6 November 2013 by L Gay (USA)

Having read all the poor reviews of Alitalia I was a little concerned, but since this flight LAX-FCO was the best option for my FF awards ticket, I decided to chance it and was pleasantly surprised. The flight was on time, the food was very good and presented in a very appealing way. The FAs were professional and very attentive throughout the flight, maybe not as smiling as some others, but still were pleasant. The lie-flat seat was very comfortable and I was able to sleep a few hours. Overall I was very pleased and would fly with them again.

Alitalia Customer review :  4 November 2013 by J Taylor (Canada)

Toronto to Rome. Worst airline I have flown. Food was dreadful. We were offered half a glass of wine and were told that if we wanted more we would have to purchase it from duty free. The crew spent most of the time at the rear or the aircraft behind a curtain. The plane was so old it had ashtrays. The seats were so soiled we has to use plastic bags to sit on. Don't fly this airline at all costs.

Alitalia Customer review :  1 November 2013 by N Iacono (USA)

My husband and I flew on 10/26/13 from Rome to New York in economy class. My husband's seat had a metal box in his foot space, making the 9 hour flight extremely uncomfortable. The seats were tight together and uncomfortable. The video equipment was old and non user friendly. After the initial meal service (with terrible food), the flight attendants disappeared. Two hours before landing, a flight attendant came down the aisle offering plastic cups of water or Pepsi that were on a tray. This was the first beverage offer for the past 5 hours. She ran out before she reached our row and never returned. I got up and asked another flight attendant for a cup of water. She said she was unaware of any beverage service but would check into it - she never returned. One hour before landing, a snack and beverage was offered. The flight attendants appeared totally indifferent to us and I never saw a smile. The cabin was not kept clean. The only trash pick-up was for the trays after meal service and all other trash had to be placed in the seat back and never collected. Two people in the aisle opposite us landed with their seats fully reclined, there having been no final cabin check. The passengers behind them had to ask them to put up their seats so they could get out of their row. We will never fly Alitalia again.

Alitalia Customer review :  1 November 2013 by S Tollinchi (France)

July 18th. AZ 317: Paris (CDG) - Roma Fiumicino (FCO). AZ 1749: Roma Fiumicino (FCO) - Catania Fontanarossa (CAT). August 2nd. AZ 1714: Catania Fontanarossa (CAT) - Milano Linate (LIN). AZ358: Milano Linate (LIN) - Paris (CDG). As its capital is in some way mainly detained by Air France, I was expecting that the airline was at least equal to Air France, but it really depends on what flight you take. International flights: service is good, it's a bit hard when you don't speak italian, they are a bit rude, but it does the job. Paris - Roma: average experience. Milano - Paris: very good experience. On national flights (Roma - Catania / Catania - Milano), it really isn't good at all. A321, but inside, they aren't clean at all, seats are leather trim, but in bad condition. There is trash and dust everywhere. When you get onboard, flight attendant was there, but she was checking something in the galley and did not pay any attention to passengers - totally unaware of customers. This behaviour isn't isolated. It was on the national flight from Roma to Catania, the worst flying experience I have had. The national flights really have to be improved.

Alitalia Customer review :  31 October 2013 by Tony Laverghetta (Canada)

29 Oct, FCO-YYZ one way. Brand new A330-200, clean and bright. Check-in was easy, as I traveled with carry-on only, I printed my boarding pass through AZ kiosk. Cabin crew (almost only men) very attentive and nice, food very good, good choice of drinks, open bar at the back. seat just fine, being 183 cm long I had some problems stretching my legs, so I had to go for some walk through the flight. departed and landed on time, boarding was a bit chaotic, as AZ call for a generic economy boarding, they don't go by rows. I understand it is not one of the best airlines in the world, but what they provide is above average. there is always a touch of Italian fashion in any aspect of the flight.

Alitalia Customer review :  30 October 2013 by Sandra Palmer (USA)

Check in was in Naples and then short flight to Rome and then non-stop to Chicago on October 26th. Will never fly Alitalia again! Check in person and cabin crew were rude! Not a smile or an interest in doing their job anywhere! Check in person gave me a seat opposite of what I ask for and it was horrible! Cabin staff spent minimal time serving passengers but hours behind a curtain! They did not check bathrooms which were smelly, dirty and lacked toilet paper most of the time. Air vents as you looked down the aisle were filthy!

Alitalia Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Christopher Bailey (UK)

Alitalia is quoted as a full service airline but our recent experience (end of October 2013) would say its really a no service airline. 06.45hr departure in the morning from London, 2.5hr flight with another 1.5 hour connecting flight. No coffee or tea was offered (juice or water only) plus a very small packet of biscuits was the best they could offer. The crew spent 80% of the flight (all 4 flights) chatting to one another. Only redeeming factors were all flights were on, or close, to time, and the baggage transferred faultlessly.

Alitalia Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Federico Muscogiuri (Ireland)

FCO-MAD in Business. Flight on time, nice cabin crew, wide choice of drinks and good food. Pleasantly surprised.

Alitalia Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Gary Potyok (Canada)

At 6 ft 5 when I booked my flight in January, 2013 requesting bulk head or exit row seats they told us then, those were already reserved. Flight from Toronto to Rome was brutal and I can assure you, we'll never fly Alitalia again in spite of the fact we travel abroad frequently. The box in front of my wife's seat made it even worse for her. Never again and in speaking to people around us every single one of them had the same complaint.