Alitalia Customer Reviews and Alitalia Passenger Trip Reports

Alitalia Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Dykstra (Canada)

Traveled from Toronto to Rome, Rome to Lamezia, August 1 - 16 2013. This Airline needs to get back to basics on how to keep their travelers happy and wanting to come back and fly with them. The staff all need a course in customer service. This is one airline I will never fly again.

Alitalia Customer review :  17 January 2014 by Denise Roselle (USA)

Alitalia from Heathrow to Rome was the worst flying experience I have had - December 22 and 23 2013. Horrible service, no information after we were bumped. No one in charge, no one taking care of passengers - 24 hour delay with a measly 5 pound voucher. I could not believe the horrible flight, either - grumpy staff and terrible customer service - will not fly Alitalia again.

Alitalia Customer review :  16 January 2014 by L Fontana (Canada)

FCO-YYZ in Business Class. Boarding at FCO from a seemingly temporary hall (terminal H) without enough seating space, then by bus to the aircraft. Staff courteous, but not very well trained or competent. Seats in Magnifica class recline to almost horizontal, but still at an angle of some 15 degrees from horizontal, which pushes your feet towards the footrest, not very comfortable. My own seat could not return to complete upright, but none of crew seemed to notice. Moreover, pitch and width are less than other airlines in Bus. class. Inflight entertainment is pathetic, with portable screens supplied on request. Food just acceptable. Good punctuality.

Alitalia Customer review :  10 January 2014 by G Gourgi (Austria)

VIE-FCO-CAI and back. The Flights were horrible. The stewardess don't speak English, just Italian. The food was a joke: on the second leg (FCO-CAI), a 3.45 hours flight you get a slice of raw meat and a slice of Cheese and a Fruit salad. The seats have minimal legroom and are not cushioned well. On an 3.45 hours flight no entertainment. Even no overhead screens. The security instructions were shown bye the flight attendants. Please avoid Alitalia, even when the price is good.

Alitalia Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Daniele Cerulli (Italy)

FCO-VIE-FCO. Both legs on an A321. Considering the fact that we flew during Christmas holidays all flights were smooth and punctual. Service provided by the flight crew was discrete and they came every time I asked for assistance. The food (mostly snacks, biscuits and drinks) were quite good and adequate for a medium haul flight. Basically it was what anyone would expect from a flag carrier and I really appreciate the fact that Alitalia still remain a very good airline despite it's economical situation. I will flight with them again and I recommend it to other people.

Alitalia Customer review :  8 January 2014 by Carlo Crociani (Italy)

Rome to Florence and return. I usually fly this route quite often. Even if it's a very short flight I've never had a problem. Alitalia uses the A319 on this route and I think that's ok, comfortable and always clean. Cabin crew and food service ok.

Alitalia Customer review :  6 January 2014 by N Siotto (UAE)

FCO-CAG-FCO with A321 and A320 inbound. Both flights were punctual, packed and yet the service on board for such a short trip was very pleasant. Flight attendants were smiling and professional. Seating room between rows comfortable. Italy's flag airline is definitely getting back on track and improving flying experience whether on the ground or on air.

Alitalia Customer review :  3 January 2014 by M Eberlin (Italy)

Recently flew from Italy to Japan. The flight was ok, the service uninspiring and the cabin very tight with little leg room, especially for such a long trip. My complaint stands with an agent and Alitalia's policy that convinced us, 3 in our party, to pay for the upgrade to the seats situated near the door in economy class for more leg room. Because it was an international flight the cost was close to $100 each seat, while we had the extra leg room, we also had to contend with endless lines of people standing in front of us for the rest rooms, people stretching their legs and the constant blare of the bathroom lights each and every time a door was opened. I think it is a terrible policy to charge such a premium price just for a little leg room and I greatly discourage others to think again if considering this additional cost, it is not worth it. In general, I only would consider using Alitalia again, because they offer a very competitive price for the market.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 December 2013 by C Luca (Italy)

Rome to Sao Paulo, and return via Rio de Janeiro. New B777-200, pleasant flight, but crew very unprofessional, not kind, not smiling.

Alitalia Customer review :  23 December 2013 by I Pezzoni (Australia)

Flew business class from Rome to Abu Dhabi and was really surprised at the level of service and the new Magnifica class which offers very comfortable lie-flat seats with complete privacy. Excellent food. Overall an excellent flight.

Alitalia Customer review :  21 December 2013 by J Lederman (Israel)

24 Nov, Tel Aviv to Rome, Rome to Barcelona. (Cruise Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale). 15 Dec, Miami to Rome. 16 Dec, Rome to Tel Aviv. Punctual, Pleasant and efficient. Excellent flights. Requested meals served. Would recommend and would definitely fly again.

Alitalia Customer review :  6 December 2013 by Virginia Mallon-Ackermann (USA)

I have to say that my trip to Rome (from JFK) on 11/8, with a return on 12/4/13 was by far the worst flight experience I have had. Even the lowest of the low-budget airlines provide a better service than Alitalia. 3 weeks before I traveled I broke my foot, I called to see if I could get assistance getting on and off the plane. The agent told me "no, you have to request that at the time of booking". I was in a cast and had a cane, I figured someone would help me from the airline. I was wrong again. Not getting on board, not in seat selection, not exiting the plane in Rome, down a huge staircase, that dropped us out in the middle of the tarmac. I had to beg a steward to help me, which he did grudgingly. The return was easier. When I told the staff member at check in I was at the gate for early boarding because of a broken foot, she asked "Did you ask for assistance?" I said no, because I couldn't get any on my way here I assumed it would be the same on the return, she just said "oh" and let me board. Again, no help offered. On both flights the food was awful. Chewy, greasy macaroni on the way over. A block of chicken nugget on the way home. On the one time they passed by with a beverage cart I asked for tea with sugar, the steward said "you already have sugar". When I insisted I didn't he said well you do. And that was it. No sugar. After that, if you wanted something to drink you had to get up and beg for it. I felt like I was interrupting their own private party in the back. The most startling incident though was when the stewardess slammed my window shade shut about 4 hours into the 9 hour flight. I raised it again, and said I preferred to keep it up. The stewardess slammed it shut, and hissed it was their policy to keep the windows shut! No windows, no sugar, inedible meals, high priced, a TV stuck in Chinese (with no way to change it to English), no assistance on or off, not what I would call good service. Take American Airlines, British Air, Aer Lingus, Lufthansa, Delta, Air Berlin instead.

Alitalia Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Daniele Cerulli (Italy)

Roma Fiumicino (FCO) - Tokyo Narita (NRT) and return. The aircraft was a quite full B777-200ER. We were served two meals (lunch and dinner) by a professional cabin crew and in the rear part of the plane there was a free bar for everyone. The seat was quite comfortable even for a tall person like me. The entertainment system was pretty good. I will definitely fly them again.

Alitalia Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Simon Clarke (UK)

Flew from London to Rome and return. 2hr 15 minute flight. Left London on time at 0645hrs, and got a glass of juice and a small packet of biscuits. When did airlines stop giving food, or even giving you the chance to buy food. Return trip was at 2030hrs, and it was exactly the same. Left 20 minutes late. Captain said it was because of air traffic control. Strange then that I could still see them loading the luggage bins on after the departure time.

Alitalia Customer review :  27 November 2013 by M Tatchell (UK)

CDG-FCO-BEG return. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the comments but have to say I was very happy with all my Alitalia flights. All flights left on time, staff were pleasant and helpful and the catering was excellent for short haul flights. Aircraft's were clean and look well maintained. Very impressed.

Alitalia Customer review :  25 November 2013 by G Colonna (Italy)

MXP-JFK, September 2012. Flight on time, good choices of entertainment (movies and music), very good food (especially hot snack before landing) and rather good seat for economy class standards. Serious and nice cabin crew and very clean aircraft (A330).