Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Trevor Kowbel (Canada)

My first experience with Alaska Airlines. I didn't expect the level of service from the stewards onboard. My two young sons, myself and my wife traveled from Edmonton to Seattle and then to Honolulu. The stewards dealing with objectionable passengers children running up and down the aisle were professional and polite. I was able to extend my legs into the aisle without being harassed to remove them. On return bad weather delayed our connection.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by G Gifari (Australia)

Flew on Flight 447 from LAX to SEA. Codeshare with Qantas. Plane was modern but interior looked dreadfully tiresome. For a low cost carrier their seat pitch was amazing. Cabin crew friendly and engaging with passengers. Besides the typical buy-on-board, they give you something for your metabolism and non-alcoholic beverages are complementary. I ordered one of their buy-on-board, but the crew forgot to serve it to me even though they have charged my card and all. Thus, they ran out on that option after serving it to all the other passengers. Cabin crew's apologies were sincere and they did their best to make it up for me.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Laura Nathanson (USA)

Flew first class from JFK to San Diego, flight 769 on April 1. And it did feel like an April Fool return to 1955. No pocket with safety info and sick bag, no blankets or pillows provided, stewardesses never once went through to collect trash. Food was allergy-unfriendly with bowl of mixed nuts for appetizer and a nut topped parfait for dessert. Worst of all, though, was the feeling of no safety consciousness. The two stewardesses functioned as - hostesses. Three young men each kept coming up repeatedly to ask a question, use the bathroom, get a soft drink. The boys would stay in the food prep area for several minutes, chatting and then linger in the first class cabin to perform stretching exercises. On all other airlines that I've been on, this kind of thing is just unheard of. I would not fly this airline again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by M Gephart (USA)

Rebooked onto Alaska due to cancellation of my original flight on UA from SEA to LAX. The aircraft was pretty worn (737-400) and the IFE non-existent. The legroom was frightening. Once the pax in front of me reclined, my knees were against his seat for the duration. Cabin crew were good and service was perfunctory. However, I could've done without the 5 minute announcement ploy for their credit card and corresponding benefits (not to mention the FA walking down the aisle with applications). Got me from point to point but I have to say I wasn't really that impressed.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by M Tighe (USA)

Had our reservations with other connecting flights and rental cars for 3 days on Oahu and 7 days on Maui this coming June. We were very excited! Then we checked our itineraries and Alaska Airlines cancelled our return flight #883. Alaska re-booked our Honolulu departure 12 hours earlier, but we would not get back from Maui to catch it until 8 hours later. They gave us 2 choices: the earlier flight, or full refund. Very nice Alaska, especially considering the inter island flight is non-cancellable, nor are the rental cars, etc. Since we made non- cancellable tickets and obtained a confirmation from Alaska, I will not ever trust them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Bastien Antoine (USA)

February 1, 2014. Flight 381 from SEA (Seattle) to SMF (Sacramento). I paid the extra $50 for a first class upgrade. The upgrade was worth the $50.00, although leg room wasn't what I would have expected (I was in 1D, behind the bulkhead). The food and complimentary wine were good, the service competent. I would recommend Alaska based on my first class travel experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by T Osterman (USA)

I am an Alaska Gold 75K and due to all the flight time I am seeing an increasing amount of maintenance holds, delays and flight impact due to demand maintenance. On a flight from SEA to PSP that was on gate hold for 30 minutes due to a cockpit printer malfunction. The pilots PA circuit also malfunctioned with very loud audio noise in the background that made his communication to the cabin almost inaudible. Given the monthly frequency of gate hold maintenance events I am seeing as a passenger, I am concerned about the competency, funding and oversight of their maintenance program.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Marshall (USA)

Seattle-Kodiak-Seattle. Very nice trip. Airline personnel were friendly and efficient. Only minor complaint is that the seats hardly tip back.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mauricio Perez (Mexico)

I flew from San Jose California to Seattle. The service was ok, the plane was on-time. Boarding was delayed 2 mins but we arrived in Seattle 15 minutes before schedule. Two weeks later I flew from Seattle to Los Angeles - it was a connecting flight, perfect again. The service of the crew members were good, the flight was on-time again and no problems with the baggage. It went directly to my final destination (Guadalajara, Mexico). Both aircraft's were Boeing 737-900, they were very clean and comfortable, the legroom was ok. If I can, I will fly with them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Garone Remo (Switzerland)

June 2013. One flight from LAX to SEA and another a few days later from ANC to LAX. Friendly and professional crew (on board and at the airport), modern aircraft (B737-800 and B737-900/ER), departure and arrival on time, luggage recovered 5 minutes after arrival. I would say only one thing: Next time I will fly with Alaska Airlines again! An excellent low cost company.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2013 by S Sparks (USA)

I have been flying Alaska for many years. For the last several years, I have been flying first class only and have been very satisfied with the food, the service, and the extra space. This last trip, though, made me wonder if I should continue to pay the substantial difference in price to be in first class. It was the space in the new plane. The space between me and the seat in front is closer. I had to struggle to get my bag under the seat in front of me when the passenger in front of me had his seat back. I'm 5'5' and 125 lbs. Also, there used to be three big spaces under the 1st class seats for two people. Now there are two with one other smaller space big enough to fit a purse maybe. I don't like to use the overhead, but I can change. There still seemed to be plenty of space between me and the passenger next to me. I like the three moveable light fixtures and the ability to direct air flow on the ceiling better. The food is still good and the service good. Although staff service on the majority of my flights has been "excellent," I can only honestly rate this last trip as "fair." I am grateful to her, though, for this information. I heard her tell the two passengers in front of me that staff call the new planes "slaveships" because there are 44 more seats (!) but no more staff (still 4) to serve passengers. She said something to the effect of "I feel sorry for the people in back. They get served so late or barely at all." I'm thinking that on my next trip coming up shortly, I will go coach one way just to see if I can still justify paying the difference in price. But, thanks to the overheard words of the staff attendant, I will sit in the middle or closer to the front in coach so that I will get better service and won't have to wait forever. I will also plan to bring on board some food and a beverage. Overall, I really like Alaska, although I haven't flown any others for a long time. Maybe I will venture onto another airline just to compare. I never have trouble checking in, no lost luggage, airport gate staff friendly and professional. There are a lot of things I like about Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Leah Gomez (USA)

My time on Alaska airlines was ok. I was flying from Sacramento California to Seattle Washington. The flight attendants were nice and cheerful. The flight left on time and the flight attendants gave us a bag of beef jerky for the inflight meals. We ended up landing about 10 minutes early and the only thing I recommend is that they add inflight entertainment, otherwise I recommend that you fly with Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Dale Becker (USA)

I often fly on Alaska/Horizon flights between Montana and Seattle or Portland. My overall experiences have been very good. Flights, even in winter have been on time and counter and plane staff have always been excellent. Value is very good, compared with the few other carriers (Delta and United) that we have to choose from here in Montana. Seats on Alaska planes could be more comfortable, as they are small and fairly stiff and uncomfortable, but most flights are short, so it is not a big issue for me. You can't carry on larger bags on the smaller planes, but their a la cart process still allows me not to have to check in my carry on and pick it up after landing. Overall, my satisfaction with Alaska is very good.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by R Leahy (USA)

Absolutely awful service. I missed a flight to Honolulu for business because my connecting flight (also an Alaska Airlines flight) was 25 minutes late arriving. I got to the departure gate for Honolulu in time to see the plane sit there for a few minutes before pushing back, if only they have held the plane 5-10min so me and the half dozen other connecting passengers could make the flight. Worse yet, they offered no hotel or even club accommodations even thought this was the last flight out and it was entirely the airline's fault that we didn't make the connection—service, reps said it wasn't their problem since they were 'only' 20min late and blamed my booking. I'll never fly Alaska Airlines again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by T Shant (USA)

LAX-YVR-LAX. On the flight to YVR, we were greeted with great service at the gate. The aircraft was nice and clean and had a lot of legroom on the B737-400. Even though we were delayed a bit, we still had a good flight. The service was great. We had complimentary drinks and the food, a cheese plate, was delicious, and was worth the $7 dollar price. On the flight out to LAX, we were delayed from 6am to 11.45am due to maintenance issues. Because of this, they rebooked all of the people traveling to Mexico and the first class passengers. They also gave $40 breakfast vouchers. This proves excellent service. Also, the first officer took us on a tour of the cockpit which was really nice. Since so many people left this flight onto a flight to Mexico, the flight was almost empty. The seats were very comfortable on the Boeing 737-400 and the food and service were great as well, especially because they were handing out every order for free due to the delay. Because of this, Alaska Airlines is a great airline and I definitely recommend.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by J Dickinson (Canada)

Round trip Seattle to Fort Lauderdale, family of 4 for a cruise, Nov 8 return 16th. Great experience considering we go in with low expectations, our own food, iPads etc. I was watching the on-time performance for a few weeks prior to departure and it seems this flight leaves the gate early more often than being on-time, and our experience was no different - we pushed off 10-15 mins early both coming and going. Crew were experienced, polite, and helpful. 3 drink cart visits for the 6 hour flight with in-between bottled water. Gate checked our carry-ons for free. All good.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Iles (UK)

Long Beach - Seattle, Friday 25 Oct. An excellent experience with Alaska, check in at Long Beach was easy and the flight boarded on time for an on time departure. The cabin crew were excellent throughout the flight.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Iles (UK)

Seattle - Redmond - Seattle, 26 Oct. This year chose to fly rather than drive and good decision. Easy check in at Seattle, plane on time and boarding very efficient. Whilst short fly cabin crew were excellent and arriving at Redmond was a delight only plane on ramp and backs in 6/7 mins. Return flight equally as good with on time departure and great team on board. Would certainly choose Alaska again based upon my recent experiences.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Caroline Scandura (USA)

Very pleasant flight that I expect to make frequently visiting daughter in Bend, Oregon. Friendly and helpful staff: Went back to plane to recover my jacket. But I have 2 complaints: Elderly neighbor got a $65 ticket when he pulled over in the loading zone to answer my call on his cell (that I was late) and Alaska's Seattle wait room sure looked shabby. Otherwise a very good experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

Recently returned from ANC-ATL-ANC in first class. I was quite pleased overall with not only the service, attitudes of the cabin crew but also the layout of the B-900. The flights were all on time and the food was actually quite good. The crew from ANC to SEA (red-eye) was great with a flair for humor. I do not always travel upfront unfortunately but decided to give it a go, wish I could do it every flight. No complaints here. I will continue to use Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by J Simister (Canada)

I have flown several times with Alaskan Airlines over the past few years. I am Canadian and live 2.5 hrs from Spokane, Washington. I have found all employees to be polite and helpful over the phone, at check-in, or while flying. I did have a flight delay in January but all passengers were kept informed of what was going on. I much prefer Alaskan Air over Air Canada. I will be flying with Alaskan again on Nov 6/13 to Hawaii.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by D Bergevin (USA)

Round trip Seattle to Houston. Everything as expected, on time, friendly crew, arrived back in Seattle 30 minutes early. Have flown Alaska at least once a year for the past 10 years, have never had a late flight or lost luggage. Companion fare is a great deal, $99.00 + tax anywhere they fly. If you don't like the seats in back, quit whining and pony up the money to sit up front.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by D Sirias (USA)

My main issue is the check in. Flight from SMF to PDX was on the small propeller jet. Those do not have overhead room for normal overhead luggage. But they don't tell you. Hence you are forced to tag bags at the gate and place on cart for checking just like regular checked bags. What if you had something temperature sensitive. It's stupid not to inform customers that the plane does not have normal overhead storage. On the return flight it took half hour to check bags because the airline was understaffed, line oppressively long. If I fly Alaska again I will bring a backpack only that's sure to fit in the tiny overhead compartment. Tell us if we get normal overhead. That's all I ask.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by S Conlon (USA)

I've flown close to 50,000 miles this year - all on Alaska Airlines. I've been flying Alaska for 15 plus years. Most of my travel is up and down the west coast with a NY, Boston, Orlando, Chicago trip thrown in on occasion. Overall, Alaska has done an amazing job all around. I've had one bag go missing in the last 15 years. It showed up at my door before 8 am the next morning. The food choices are excellent in coach and the few times I've been in First Class it's been wonderful. Their beverage choices are extensive and you can purchase an entertainment system on flights over 2 hours. Alaska's flight attendants are great - very friendly and accommodating and most of them have a great sense of humor! The few times I've had to fly other airlines I've discovered there is no comparison.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by C Obryant (USA)

I had not flown with Alaska Airlines for a number of years but had a good experience previously. I had a 6 leg trip this past week from LAX to ANC to FAI to Cordova to JNU and to SIT then finally to SEA. Every trip was on time or ahead of schedule. FA were attentive and polite. F&B service was good. I had the food purchase options on 2 flights and was very pleased. Not overly priced and was fresh with good flavor. Only downside was in LAX, boarding was chaotic. Gate agent shows up 5 minutes before boarding so many confused passengers. On all flights I noticed the upholstery on the seats were quite worn. A little surprised when most flight were on 737-700 or 800 series aircraft. Anyway all in all a successful trip with Alaska Airlines. Flights on time and my baggage made every flight. I would certainly endorse Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Stephen G Sweet (USA)

Recently flew Alaska from Anchorage to SEA and then down to Redmond, OR to take our daughter to college. The trip down was fine in all respects, good service, new 737-900 and on time. The trip to Redmond was on Horizon and they did fine as well. The return trip was Redmond to Portland then up to Anchorage, again no problems. We departed a bit late from Portland due to a windshield wiper problem but due to the upper level winds due to the massive rainstorm in Portland, we were just a few minutes late arriving in ANC. All in all, good job all the way around by all crews and staff. I will fly them shortly to ATL and we will see how they do in First.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by P Pomeranze (USA)

I was not looking forward to 6 hours in a 737 from Seattle to Kona in first. In actuality the trip was not bad at all. Decent leg room and meal service were all complemented by a hard working and friendly flight attendant who serviced 20 people on her own. Digi player was decently loaded for entertainment. By today's lowered standards this flight was quite nice.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Krishnan Vaitheeswaran (Australia)

SEA-ANC-SEA, KTN-JNU, JNU-ANC-HNL in B737s during the month of August. Managed to get a Row 6 seat in each of them, which led to being offered priority boarding. Every flight was either on time or ahead of schedule. Excellent in-flight service. This is an exceptional American carrier in the north-west of the country. Being slugged twice for baggage despite travelling on a single itinerary was the sole gripe.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Simon Adlam (USA)

LAX-PDX. Very good early morning flight to PDX. Cabin a little tired and cramped but service was some of the best. The breakfast was actually really good - eggs benedict and bloody mary's. First time flying them and would again. They need to upgrade there interior product though as looks worn.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by D Silvey (Canada)

Flights Bellingham to Honolulu in Coach. Seats are tight but, that's the sign of the times. Service was sparse. You are nickeled and dimed on everything now. Gone are the days of Wardair. Guess that's why they aren't in business. Miss the days when air flight was fun. Having said that, out flights we good and we didn't really expect much more for the price we paid. Would take this trip with Alaska Air again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by B Bachman (USA)

Upgraded to First Class from JNU to ANC for $50 (1.5 hour flight). This was my 1st First Class experience and I was not impressed. Water was offered before take off. The plane was a slightly aged 737-400. At first the seats seem okay, but they hardly recline and there is no adjustable headrests. This makes the seats unsuitable for sleeping in. There was also a lot less legroom than I was expecting. I wouldn't recommend putting a bag under the seat in front of you unless it is very small. Since it was morning, we were served breakfast. Our drinks were served first along with the standard snack bag that's also served in coach. Then the meals were served. The meal was an egg and bacon French toast sandwich. It was okay, but not very filling. I was expecting more for first class.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Richard Wooden (USA)

Horrible experience transferring from Flight 456 arriving in Los Angeles to Flight 4213 going to San Jose, CA. Boarding pass said Skywest, but it was actually American Eagle. On arrival at LAX there was no information about either Skywest, no indication where it was located and no one who seemed to know. Asked a gate agent who told us it was terminal 8. She did not say it was American Eagle we were looking for. After much walking and asking several people a TSA agent said to go to gate 65 and take shuttle bus to American. Upon reaching American we were told to board another bus which took us to a building near but not even attached to terminal 8. The TSA agent and the individual opening the restricted zone for us at gate 65, along with the shuttle bus drivers were the only competent individuals who seemed to know that Skywest was American Eagle in this case.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Myrna Gilbert (USA)

Out of 6 flights on Alaska, going from Santa Barbara to Kalispell, Montana and back, only one flight (S.B. to Portland) was even remotely on time. All the rest departed from a half to full hour after the scheduled time. This is the worst this experienced, long time flyer has ever seen.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by G Cueto (USA)

Exceptional flight from PHL to SEA on Aug 6th. Everything from checking in online using the mobile app to the inflight experience was smooth, cheerful, and efficient. The new recaro seats in Y class was smartly designed and comfortable as Y class goes. Inflight crew were cheerful and chatty, particularly the senior attendant. Virgin America has great amenities on transcon flights, but I find Alaska to offer the best service!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by B Bachman (USA)

Flew from Bethel, AK to Anchorage, AK on a 737-400 Combi. Flight left on time and service was great. Flight attendants were very nice and smiled. I purchased a Mediterranean Tapas picnic pack for $6 and it was very good. A couple of days later, flew from Anchorage, AK to Juneau, AK on a lei themed 737-800, which is rare for the route (usually only 737-400s are flown). It was nice having an adjustable headrest, but I noticed that the seats on the 737-800 don't recline as much as the seats on the older 737-400. The flight was pretty empty with only 50 passengers. The flight attendants seemed tired and didn't smile as much, but the service was still okay. Flight left on time. 737-400 Combi's don't have inflight Wi-Fi, but all the 737-800s do for a charge of $4.95 for a single flight pass. Overall, Alaska Airlines is a great airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by J Velez (USA)

Departed on time from DCA bound for SEA on a 737-400 window seat 16, impossible to move in or out while other two passengers occupied their respective seats. The individual on the middle seat wore the most puzzling attitude making it absolutely awful to even attempt to exit for a loo break for the 4 plus hour trip. Blame the ludicrous spacing that makes it an absolute necessity to require other passengers to co0operate multiple times during a long flight. From SEA to JUN still a fully loaded aircraft yet uneventful and more pleasant neighbor passengers. JUN to final destination PSG a short hour long hop. A short 30 min delay at SEA. Return PSG by way of WRG then KTN imposed an hour an a half delay due not to weather. We arrived late night at SEA and then off to catch a ride to a local awful Seatac Inn for an overnight layover. Flight back to DCA was more pleasant. FA mobilized quickly to keep the full cabin stocked with minute free snacks, beverages in cups and purchased meals. Entertainment was avail at 10 dollars for a shared small screen pad, which battery quickly ran out of charge. The DCA to SEA is a long flight on a regularly cramped cabin. The spacing between seats is insufficient for a 155 lb. 6 ft. man to exit the window seat without interfering or annoying uncooperative passengers. It is difficult to hold biological needs for such long travel distances.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by S Tepelekian (USA)

LAX-ANC-LAX. Seats were very comfortable and the staff service was great. They even gave us free peanuts and cookies! Although all of these were good, the in-flight entertainment is horrible. It is basically an IPad that you rent at $12. Not worth it. Overall this was a great airline. I would definitely fly Alaska Airlines again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by S Alama (USA)

I flew First Class from Palm Springs to San Francisco on July 7th. I have flown First Class on this route many times in the past with Alaska. In the past they had a great choice of salad or cheese plate on the flight with great service. Now they have totally eliminated that and didn't even bother to ask if anyone wanted a refill on their drink which they served with a cheap bag of pretzels. The flight attendant did everything possible not to walk in First Class but stayed in the galley doing nothing. Standards have gone down on Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Keith Rands-Allen (UK)

Flew from San Jose to Fairbanks via Seattle. A good trip. Flight was on time. We knew no food was served so took our own. AA guarantee that if you don't receive your bags within 20 minutes of the plane arriving at the gate they will pay compensation ($20 I think). Our bags arrived within this time limit.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by M Haywood (UK)

We flew from Seattle to Las Vegas with a connection in Portland as a direct flight would have meant hanging around too long. As we live in UK we were nervous that flights would be delayed given some negative reviews here. Everything went smoothly and right on time. We were impressed with complimentary drinks service, given that similar budget airlines in the UK all charge for drinks. Our return flight direct to Seattle was again on time . We found baggage check in quick and friendly and with the exception of one rather curt stewardess everyone else was absolutely fine.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Nico Gray (USA)

PHX-SEA-PHX. Service was great. They were on time. Boeing 737-800 both ways. I would recommend.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8