Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by Brian Lally (USA)

Recently traveled for the first time on an Alaska Airlines flight from San Diego-Boston. It was the best domestic flight I have experienced. The 4 cabin crew members were excellent and very customer engaged with passengers needs. The flight wasn't full and they came to me and asked if I wanted a row of seats to myself to relax for the duration of the flight. The service was great, 3 rounds of snack and beverage service for the 5-hour flight. The aircraft was a Boeing 737-800 and the legroom was great. A job well done. I look forward to flying onboard in the near future. The only downfall to Alaska Airlines is they charge $10.00 for a video recorder to watch the movies. There should be no charge for that as it should be complimentary since snacks, sandwiches and alcohol are charged to the customer.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Cleary (USA)

12/1/14, ORD-SEA, Flt 29. Arrived at the airport about 1.5 hours early. Only 1 agent at the counter. Waited about 15 mins before another agent appeared to assist. Once there it went smoothly and quickly. Boarding was efficient and able to be seated quickly. We were issued their digiplayers. Fair selection of movies to view, but really no place to put the player when the meal arrived. A bit cumbersome. Meal offered was one choice only. It was tasty, but portions have certainly been scaled back. Flight attendant disappeared after the meal service. Arrived on time. However, I remember Alaska having a far superior service to that of its rivals, but this flight did not prove that at all.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 December 2014 by R Cleary (USA)

12/4/14, SEA to ORD, Flt 22. When checking in, one has to perform a self bag tag and then take the luggage to the check in desk. There were 2 of us - we had 1 bag to check. It was over by 4lbs, but since you are allowed two pieces of luggage, per person, we were well with in the weight limit. Too bad, cost $75. Flight departed on time. Staff were friendly, service was standard. Same meal offered on both segments, but yet again nothing remarkable that would make me select this carrier over the competition. Once meal was served and one refresher of drinks, the FA disappeared. I was disappointed with the overall service. It is not what I was accustomed to. A digiplayer for the entertainment was handed out, but it is cumbersome to have on your tray table, when the meal is served.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 December 2014 by S Koenig (USA)

SEA-LAX. Standard seating, food, etc for a 2.5 hour flight. As first class has an advantage over others in that you get access to their airline club even if you are flying just domestic and not connecting to an international flight (and aren't a club member). Alaska has both refundable and non-refundable first class fares. Non-refundable is about 1/2 the cost of the refundable but is not available on all routes (e.g. we were going to fly to BUR but only fc fare was refundable, so we chose to fly to LAX instead).

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  1 December 2014 by L Haubert (USA)

Traveled first class San Diego to Boston on 11/20/14. Plane left on time, clean, friendly flight attendants, good breakfast and service, and champagne. No complaints and felt it worth the money.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  11 November 2014 by D Parker (USA)

Flew one of the Alaska/Horizon regional routes, PDX-MFR, night flight. The flight was originally at 9.05-ish but was delayed to 9.55. Got info 3 hours ahead of time and we still boarded late because traffic on the taxiway. Once aboard, seats were fairly comfy, flight attendants were friendly, easily accommodated my sister's severe nut allergy, made sure no nut-containing items were aboard the plane (standard airline safety procedure), and served two drinks for a flight less than an hour. Not bad, Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by A Bastien (USA)

10-12-14 early flight SMF to SEA. Seats were thin but comfortable, legroom seemed a bit more generous than the space I'm used to on other carriers, seats had power outlets. I flew Alaska as part of a Delta flight from SMF- SEA-DTW-TVC, the ticket purchased with my spouse's frequent flyer miles. I would choose to fly Alaska again over another airline, even if the ticket price was higher. The aircraft didn't have entertainment. The food selection looked decent, although I didn't buy any.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Bockstruck (USA)

Flew Alaska MCI to SEA return in First. Both legs were pleasant, but the service on the outbound leg got off to a slow start, with no pre-take off beverage offered. However, once we were in the air, the flight attendant was very quick to begin beverage service. Seats were comfortable, but the pitch was a little tight, I wish Alaska would invest in some bigger planes for their longer cross country flights in order to have a larger First Class cabin. Food was very good, served plated and fresh. Check In both in Kansas City and Seattle was extremely easy and the Board Room in Seattle was pleasant. For a full fare ticket it wasn't an overall bad experience, but felt that I overpaid slightly for what I got. Will fly Alaska First again in December and am looking forward to gaining elite status with them. Their mileage earning partnerships cannot be beat, and I love that I can fly Delta, American, British Airways and Emirates as needed and still earn miles.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  13 October 2014 by Schrier Michael (Australia)

Flew from SFO to ANC to SFO with stopover in SEA on 5th and 13th September 2014. These were routine flights. There were no delays, in fact each leg was a few minutes ahead of schedule and baggage came out in the first few minutes. The Champagne and Beer was cold the food was really just snacks as we travelled in between normal mealtimes. This was good value as we were allowed 2 pieces of luggage each. I would definitely recommend this airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by Stephen G Sweet (USA)

My wife and I travelled to SEA and return to ANC recently on Alaska. No issues at all problem wise. Both flights were fine, crews were great, lanes clean on time arrivals etc. I tried to upgrade to First as I am a MVP Gold member but alas, no luck. Maybe next time. I told my spouse it is a nice experience and she was hoping to see it firsthand. Anyhow, keep up the good work and thanks, Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2014 by K Homestead (USA)

Took Alaska to Cabo on Sept 15th, Alaska stated flight is still going. Get to San Diego, Cabo flight still going. 30 minutes later our flight is cancelled. Alaska says no seats open back to Seattle, tough luck. Find out the Cabo airport was shut down the day before and Alaska flew us to San Diego knowing this.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  15 September 2014 by E Jones (USA)

I had a flight scheduled from ATL-SEA and the day of it was cancelled. So just four hours before my flight I was scrambling to get another flight that day.. Not only that, but they didn't even send an alert that the flight was cancelled. My google alerts notified me about the cancellation. The customer service is non-existent and I will never book with them again. Book at your own risk!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 September 2014 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

Returned last week from a ANC-SEA-ATL and return in First. No complaints with the flights at all. As usual (for me) the service was outstanding, the planes clean and the flight crews were very friendly. We were told we would be departing ATL about an hour late due to a crew rest issue. This would cause me to miss my connection to ANC in Seattle. I was rebooked quickly by the ATL folks. I caught my flight with minutes to spare in SEA but of course my bag did not show until the next flight. The Alaska employee at baggage claim was tired and a bit grumpy but I was given a coupon for 2500 miles and that was fine with me. Besides this issue, all was great. Looking forward to our next flight to SEA this Thursday evening.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by Judith Mihaere (New Zealand)

We have just arrived back in New Zealand after our Alaskan cruise and would like to commend Alaska Airlines customer service desk for their excellent and sympathetic response to out late arrival due to tardy shuttle service resulting in our late arrival at LAX airport. We were very stressed as were to travel to Seattle, the staff member advised that although our flight hadn't quite left it was indeed too late to get on but immediately advised that they had a flight every hour and could get us on the next flight. After all this there was no extra charges for this change, we were so impressed with that.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 September 2014 by D Smith (USA)

Alaska is our airline of choice. MCI-SEA-ANC flights generally good and on time. New Sky interior, slimline Recaro seats (a bit uncomfortable). On landing at Anchorage the pilot apparently took a wrong taxiway or misjudged the turn as he braked to a halt (squeal on the brakes, hard stop) then used reverse thrusters to turn the plane completely around. ANC-SEA-MCI late flight out of ANC, substituted a smaller plane which put us in a non-recline seat. All in all we have been satisfied with Alaska and will continue to use them as these are somewhat minor issues and tend to be found on all airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Joseph Hammer (USA)

I flew Alaska non-stop from Dallas to Portland, first class. The crew were very friendly and attentive to everyone's needs. We had an hour delay after boarding the aircraft in Dallas, but the crew kept everybody informed and kept serving drinks and a small snack for us. Very impressed with their first class service.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by J Briolat (USA)

Recently flew on Alaska Airlines, with my 2 longer legs (TUS to SEA, and ANC to PDX) in First Class. On these flights (along with the other 2 segments) the flight and flight crew were fine. My complaint is with what defines "First Class" to Alaska Airlines. On TUS-SEA, our meal consisted of a chicken sandwich, and a chocolate mint! No inflight entertainment devices provided. On the ANC-PDX segment (which was 2.45 Alaska time to 7am PDX time). No wake-up breakfast, which meant zero food provided at all. Flight attendant asked if we wanted anything as we were already in the process of pre-landing operations. And since an overnight flight, no inflight entertainment. Guess I'm expecting too much for paying for a first class seat.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by K Plachta (USA)

Flying from Soldotna, AK, we were fogged in. In only takes a short while for fog to burn off but they delayed the flight twice and then canceled it. I had the option to either have a 12 hour layover in Anchorage or spend the night in Seattle's airport. After waiting 3 hours, I was flown to Anchorage. I had 100lbs of frozen fish I worked hard catching. Alaska air refused to help in any way. No mailing my fish home, no putting it in a freezer. They refused to put me in a hotel to sleep, no options whatsoever. I called them and the woman told me, "We can't pick up the tab for every act of God" and "this happens all the time." Once in Anchorage, I tried to switch to the flight where I stay overnight in Seattle because someone I knew had a freezer and I could stay there. Customer service said 1 seat was left, while asking her supervisor permission, the seat was taken. I took the next flight, 4 hours later only to find out the freezer was unavailable so late at night. So I was sent by customer service to get my fish from baggage (it was checked), then come back. I did, and asked, again to change to the plan to layover 12 hours in Anchorage. I went and waited in line again. I got my fish into the freezer in Anchorage, for 28$, not bad but I shouldn't have to pay for that. 3 hours in Soldotna, 12 hours, in Anchorage, a red-eye flight to Seattle, then another 3 hour lay-over until my next flight home which is only a 2.5 hour drive. I was so exhausted. I can't believe this happens all the time and everyone lets them get away with this.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2014 by Amanda Miller (USA)

My first flight from Vancouver to Seattle was great - the crew were fantastic. However, my flight from Seattle to Salt Lake City was not very enjoyable. I found the crew to be lazy and rude. I tried to order a beverage on the plane and they had closed out early (1 hour early) and right after they had passed with the drink cart. I've flown before and unless there is turbulence then typically a plane will serve you until about 30 minutes before landing. One flight attendant was very rude. I usually love flying Alaska and was about to apply for my Alaska Air credit card but this was very disappointing. I think I may hold back on applying because of this particular experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2014 by A Forsythe (USA)

This week, on my trip to Seattle I flew Alaska Airlines, when in the past, I would normally fly United. Alaska Airlines far exceeded my expectations. If I could use them to fly everywhere I would. The flight attendants actually seemed happy and were very nice. The seats were extremely comfortable - much more comfortable than other flights that I've been on. The plane was clean. I will definitely fly with Alaska Airlines anytime I can.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2014 by Tom Eichenberg (USA)

We flew from Maui to Seattle with a connection in Seattle to Washington D.C. First, the plane leaving Maui was delayed for over 3 hours. Alaska Airlines took us off our connecting flight without telling us (Seattle to D.C.) and booked us on a much later flight. Thank goodness I checked before departing from Maui. I was told that they didn't think there would be enough time to make the connection. I asked for them to get me on another flight/airline where I wasn't waiting for my connection for five or more hours. They couldn't do this I was told. I demanded to be put back on the earlier connection and told them I would attempt to make the connection although I had less than 30 minutes to do so. I was told that my seats were already taken by someone else. I informed them that tickets had been given to me already for my seats and they had better get me back on that plane. After some time, they did get me back onto the connecting flight from Seattle to D.C. The plane from Maui to Seattle took off several hours late, and it did not have very good air conditioning. The plane was hot, poor service, and I was not impressed at all with Alaska Airlines. I will never fly with them again. The connecting flight from Seattle to D.C. was also very hot on the plane. Don't fly Alaska Airways. Go with another carrier such as United, Delta, or American Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 August 2014 by Tymoshenko Yevgeniy (USA)

Flight was supposed to depart at 1.30pm from Seattle to Long Beach but it didn't. For the first hour the flight was delayed because one of the aircraft crew was late” Then, we were told the flight was delayed for another 3 hours. I could not wait any longer. I requested to be put on another available flight to California. I was placed on flight # 464Y Seattle to Los Angeles with departure time at 7.25 pm. I wasted 6 hours of my time and I had to pay an extra fee to rent a car from LAX area and pay with higher rate. I arrived in a hotel at 11.30 pm. The trip to Long Beach took me 12 hours instead of 5 hours. I would be OK with this if the flight back to Seattle had not been canceled too. Flight 3477 from Long Beach to Seattle with departure time at 7.25 pm was canceled because of some engine problems. At 11.00 pm I was told that the aircraft would not be fixed any soon and all hotels around Long Beach and LAX were booked. I had to take a taxi to LAX and had to sleep on the bench in LAX airport so I could finally fly to Seattle on the 6am flight. It was the worst experience in flight and I am flying for business a lot.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by P Sawyers (Australia)

Flew LAX to DCA. Delay leaving LAX due to air traffic congestion but was kept informed. The seats were pretty uncomfortable considering this was a 5+ hours flight. I was very glad that I purchased a 'comfort seat' alongside as I was coming off a 15 hour flight from Australia and had space to spread out. The cabin crew were lovely and most helpful. We had a strange delay in DCA as we arrived 2 hours late due to earlier delay and adverse weather around DC and the Alaska gate was taken by another Alaska plane and we ended up waiting around 30 minutes on the tarmac for space to be found. Would use them again but would definitely purchase the comfort seat for added space.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Daun Frederickson (Canada)

We traveled home from Las Vegas on Tuesday, July 29. Our plane was 4.5 hours late and I cannot say enough how great the Alaska Airline staff were . They were very helpful, apologetic and kept us informed the entire time on what the updates were on our flight and when we could expect to take off. We really appreciated the positive attitude and genuine care of their employees. It made the inconvenience of having to wait for our flight much easier and very helpful.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 August 2014 by Stephen G Sweet (USA)

Just returned from my trip south, ANC-SEA-EUG and returned EUG-PDX-ANC. All flights were fine, the crews were all professional, clean aircraft on time and the food was quite decent. We had quite a few young children flying back to Alaska with their parents from 3 months of age up to five in my section. The flight attendants were very helpful and appeared to enjoy the interaction with the little ones. I flew the 400 model combi south for the first time. Not bad at all for a red eye flight. All in all, a fine experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  30 July 2014 by Kaldate Rajesh (USA)

July 24th. Flew SLC-SFO in the morning and returned the same evening. Best short haul domestic experience this year. Boarding handled smoothly. Flight crew extremely polite and courteous. Cabin nice, clean, and the temp. Was well controlled. Both flights on perfect time. Will try to fly more with Alaska if possible.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  21 July 2014 by Ramona Tyma (USA)

Flew from Orlando on 5/29/14. Flying from Tampa to Seattle on 8/9/14 and returning on 8/31/14. Crew were attentive, friendly and a pleasure to spend 5.5 hours with. Food was fresh, warm and tasty. I am so happy they added round trip non-stop Tampa to Seattle. Absolutely perfect for me.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  13 July 2014 by A Santiago (USA)

PHX-SEA and back. The crew signed my Alaska Airlines history book, they all chatted with me and seemed in good spirits. The flight was handled smoothly and the drinks and food was generous considering what we got was being offered free (sandwiches, however, cost 6 dollars on economy class).

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2014 by Sukasem Tejatanalert (Thailand)

Flew from Los Angeles to Anchorage on Alaska 149. The flight left and arrived in destination on time. The purchase food quality and quantity were OK. The drinks provided during the flight are more than adequate. The service was nice.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 July 2014 by S Morse (USA)

Plane delayed due to mechanical trouble. So they re-routed another flight and changed the direction of the flight and the stops although still ending up in Seattle where we were headed. So instead of leaving around 11am we left more like at 4pm. At our first stop in Wrangel some people got on. Then some more. Then a few more. After a while the crew started counting passengers. Then did it again. And again. Then they started asking names as well as counting. Then did that again. And again. And again. As far as I could tell they never found any trouble and never made anyone leave the plane. Then they said we were overweight and had to unload some fuel. After that they started counting, and naming, again. When I asked if they be serving dinner since it was now after 4 and we wouldn't get to Seattle until after at least 9 pm they said they had 4 wraps on board to sell. The CSA then came on the plane and yelled at me for delaying the plane! For asking if we'd get fed! More than an hour after that harangue we left. We arrived in Seattle around 1 am, hungry.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  24 June 2014 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

ANC to SLC return in First both directions. I have no complaints whatsoever. The food was fine, the service was excellent, on-time both directions and the plane was clean. Their SLC growth (# of flights to and from there) has not affected their great customer service negatively as far as I could tell. One thing which was different on the return flight though, was that the flight attendant came around prior to our landing and thanked each customer for flying with Alaska and I felt she meant it. It was a small but very classy thing to do as I have never seen this before. It is the small, but kind gestures that help make a difference when I fly. Keep it up Alaska!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 June 2014 by P Miller (UK)

PSP-PDX-LAX. Two flights with Alaska, both of which were on time departures and arrivals. Friendly cabin crew, adequate legroom. All in all, a good experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2014 by John Logan (Australia)

In May I flew with the airline three times: San Francisco to Seattle at the start of my visit, then a return flight at the end. In between, I flew from Palm Springs to Seattle with the airline. All were good and timely. My main comments are words of praise for the check-in team at Seattle at the start of my return flight when they worked long and diligently to ensure my luggage in the hold was correctly tagged directly back to my home airport in Perth, Australia for that 21-hour flight via Hong Kong.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 June 2014 by B Bachman (USA)

I flew from Seattle to Anchorage on a 737-800 with the new slimline Recaro seats. Each seat had a power outlet with a USB port and the seats were very comfy with an adjustable head rest and more legroom compared to the old seats. I noticed that there was no longer a barrier between first class and coach, but maybe they will install it later. I had 30 minutes of free Wi-Fi thanks to a partnership with Allstate. I tested the speed at 2 Mb/sec download and 0.25 Mb/sec upload. I rented an entertainment player for $8 and had time to watch a movie along with a few other clips. The devices are a little slow and touchy, but are still functional. Soon Alaska Airlines will offer entertainment on your own iPads, laptops etc. I purchased the chicken dinner for $6 which consisted of boneless chicken breast, mashed potatoes, and green beans and actually tasted very good. The drink cart went around 2 times during the 3 hour flight and the second time I had delicious orange Tazo tea. Overall a great experience with great service all around!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

Just back from my 3 week tour of the Lower 48 using Alaska from ANC-SEA-ATL return in First. All aspects of my various flights went smoothly. Very enjoyable experience. Flight crews were attentive, clean aircraft, arrival times early on most of the flights and the food was quite good as well. No complaints at all. Heading south again in two weeks to SCL. Looking forward to the Alaskan Experience once again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 May 2014 by Jim Fitzgerald (Australia)

My Wife and I have used various Airlines in USA fairly extensively over the years. First time on Alaskan and can only highly recommend them. Service from check in Kerbside to arrival destination was perfect and should ever we visit USA again will use them if opportunity exists.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 May 2014 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

Just back from a trip from ANC to Portland then SMF and return. We departed about 40 minutes late from ANC due to a switch issue but made up for it enroute. We had a medical emergency also but the passenger was given oxygen and was well cared for by the crew. Horizon provided the flight south to Sacramento and that was fine in all regards. The trip back was nearly perfect. My only issue is the waiting room in Portland, it is a zoo! Otherwise - great!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 May 2014 by Jason Burnie (UK)

Flew SEA to SAN in April. Absolutely flawless. Check in was simple and hassle free. Once onboard all cabin crew were so pleasant. Repeated drinks service throughout the flight. One passenger taken ill, the crew were reaching out for doctors onboard and they also stood by. Plenty of legroom in economy. Aircraft 737-800 seemed brand new. Interior was clean and fresh. Baggage was on the belt in no time, despite it was a short walk from the gate to the belt. Absolutely on top of my choice among American carriers.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Frank Hilton (USA)

I flew Palm Springs to Portland. We departed Palm Springs 5.5 hours late due to a wind/dust storm. The crew were fantastic. We were on and off the plane a couple of times. The passengers never got cranky because of the high degree of professionalism and good vibes from the crew. I have never had a bad flight on Alaska and it is always my first choice.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  23 April 2014 by Stephen G Sweet (USA)

Returned last week from my annual trip to Reno from ANC. The flight out was fine, good service clean plane and landed a few minutes early in SEA. The flight to RNO was great on Horizon, good crew, with great service. The only complaint I have are the gates at Portland for the "Seattle Shuttle" are pretty crammed together and I accidentally tried to board the wrong flight. The gate agent pointed this out to me and was a bit short attitude wise. I asked about how many flights are leaving at 3.30? She said "one at that time and the one you are on starts to board at that time and leaves at 4! I was not the only person who had this issue but no problem after that. I got to SEA and the flight home to ANC was fine. I will be flying them again this next Monday, going to SMF. I expect my flights will be fine.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  22 April 2014 by Karl Moosbrugger (Austria)

SEA-KOA, my first ever flight with Alaska. Check-in at SEA was quick and efficient. Onboard, I was positively surprised by the seat pitch; much more leg room than on most other airlines (and I am quite tall). Flight itself was partly bumpy due to weather, but the crew cheered everyone up with free Mai Tais shortly before reaching Hawaii. Never had that with any other airline. Flight was on time, the food for purchase was OK. Overall a very good experience. Will certainly use them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by Trevor Kowbel (Canada)

My first experience with Alaska Airlines. I didn't expect the level of service from the stewards onboard. My two young sons, myself and my wife traveled from Edmonton to Seattle and then to Honolulu. The stewards dealing with objectionable passengers children running up and down the aisle were professional and polite. I was able to extend my legs into the aisle without being harassed to remove them. On return bad weather delayed our connection.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 April 2014 by G Gifari (Australia)

Flew on Flight 447 from LAX to SEA. Codeshare with Qantas. Plane was modern but interior looked dreadfully tiresome. For a low cost carrier their seat pitch was amazing. Cabin crew friendly and engaging with passengers. Besides the typical buy-on-board, they give you something for your metabolism and non-alcoholic beverages are complementary. I ordered one of their buy-on-board, but the crew forgot to serve it to me even though they have charged my card and all. Thus, they ran out on that option after serving it to all the other passengers. Cabin crew's apologies were sincere and they did their best to make it up for me.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Laura Nathanson (USA)

Flew first class from JFK to San Diego, flight 769 on April 1. And it did feel like an April Fool return to 1955. No pocket with safety info and sick bag, no blankets or pillows provided, stewardesses never once went through to collect trash. Food was allergy-unfriendly with bowl of mixed nuts for appetizer and a nut topped parfait for dessert. Worst of all, though, was the feeling of no safety consciousness. The two stewardesses functioned as - hostesses. Three young men each kept coming up repeatedly to ask a question, use the bathroom, get a soft drink. The boys would stay in the food prep area for several minutes, chatting and then linger in the first class cabin to perform stretching exercises. On all other airlines that I've been on, this kind of thing is just unheard of. I would not fly this airline again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  28 March 2014 by M Gephart (USA)

Rebooked onto Alaska due to cancellation of my original flight on UA from SEA to LAX. The aircraft was pretty worn (737-400) and the IFE non-existent. The legroom was frightening. Once the pax in front of me reclined, my knees were against his seat for the duration. Cabin crew were good and service was perfunctory. However, I could've done without the 5 minute announcement ploy for their credit card and corresponding benefits (not to mention the FA walking down the aisle with applications). Got me from point to point but I have to say I wasn't really that impressed.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 March 2014 by M Tighe (USA)

Had our reservations with other connecting flights and rental cars for 3 days on Oahu and 7 days on Maui this coming June. We were very excited! Then we checked our itineraries and Alaska Airlines cancelled our return flight #883. Alaska re-booked our Honolulu departure 12 hours earlier, but we would not get back from Maui to catch it until 8 hours later. They gave us 2 choices: the earlier flight, or full refund. Very nice Alaska, especially considering the inter island flight is non-cancellable, nor are the rental cars, etc. Since we made non- cancellable tickets and obtained a confirmation from Alaska, I will not ever trust them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by Bastien Antoine (USA)

February 1, 2014. Flight 381 from SEA (Seattle) to SMF (Sacramento). I paid the extra $50 for a first class upgrade. The upgrade was worth the $50.00, although leg room wasn't what I would have expected (I was in 1D, behind the bulkhead). The food and complimentary wine were good, the service competent. I would recommend Alaska based on my first class travel experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 February 2014 by T Osterman (USA)

I am an Alaska Gold 75K and due to all the flight time I am seeing an increasing amount of maintenance holds, delays and flight impact due to demand maintenance. On a flight from SEA to PSP that was on gate hold for 30 minutes due to a cockpit printer malfunction. The pilots PA circuit also malfunctioned with very loud audio noise in the background that made his communication to the cabin almost inaudible. Given the monthly frequency of gate hold maintenance events I am seeing as a passenger, I am concerned about the competency, funding and oversight of their maintenance program.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 January 2014 by M Marshall (USA)

Seattle-Kodiak-Seattle. Very nice trip. Airline personnel were friendly and efficient. Only minor complaint is that the seats hardly tip back.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 December 2013 by Mauricio Perez (Mexico)

I flew from San Jose California to Seattle. The service was ok, the plane was on-time. Boarding was delayed 2 mins but we arrived in Seattle 15 minutes before schedule. Two weeks later I flew from Seattle to Los Angeles - it was a connecting flight, perfect again. The service of the crew members were good, the flight was on-time again and no problems with the baggage. It went directly to my final destination (Guadalajara, Mexico). Both aircraft's were Boeing 737-900, they were very clean and comfortable, the legroom was ok. If I can, I will fly with them again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 December 2013 by Garone Remo (Switzerland)

June 2013. One flight from LAX to SEA and another a few days later from ANC to LAX. Friendly and professional crew (on board and at the airport), modern aircraft (B737-800 and B737-900/ER), departure and arrival on time, luggage recovered 5 minutes after arrival. I would say only one thing: Next time I will fly with Alaska Airlines again! An excellent low cost company.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 December 2013 by S Sparks (USA)

I have been flying Alaska for many years. For the last several years, I have been flying first class only and have been very satisfied with the food, the service, and the extra space. This last trip, though, made me wonder if I should continue to pay the substantial difference in price to be in first class. It was the space in the new plane. The space between me and the seat in front is closer. I had to struggle to get my bag under the seat in front of me when the passenger in front of me had his seat back. I'm 5'5' and 125 lbs. Also, there used to be three big spaces under the 1st class seats for two people. Now there are two with one other smaller space big enough to fit a purse maybe. I don't like to use the overhead, but I can change. There still seemed to be plenty of space between me and the passenger next to me. I like the three moveable light fixtures and the ability to direct air flow on the ceiling better. The food is still good and the service good. Although staff service on the majority of my flights has been "excellent," I can only honestly rate this last trip as "fair." I am grateful to her, though, for this information. I heard her tell the two passengers in front of me that staff call the new planes "slaveships" because there are 44 more seats (!) but no more staff (still 4) to serve passengers. She said something to the effect of "I feel sorry for the people in back. They get served so late or barely at all." I'm thinking that on my next trip coming up shortly, I will go coach one way just to see if I can still justify paying the difference in price. But, thanks to the overheard words of the staff attendant, I will sit in the middle or closer to the front in coach so that I will get better service and won't have to wait forever. I will also plan to bring on board some food and a beverage. Overall, I really like Alaska, although I haven't flown any others for a long time. Maybe I will venture onto another airline just to compare. I never have trouble checking in, no lost luggage, airport gate staff friendly and professional. There are a lot of things I like about Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 December 2013 by Leah Gomez (USA)

My time on Alaska airlines was ok. I was flying from Sacramento California to Seattle Washington. The flight attendants were nice and cheerful. The flight left on time and the flight attendants gave us a bag of beef jerky for the inflight meals. We ended up landing about 10 minutes early and the only thing I recommend is that they add inflight entertainment, otherwise I recommend that you fly with Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 December 2013 by Dale Becker (USA)

I often fly on Alaska/Horizon flights between Montana and Seattle or Portland. My overall experiences have been very good. Flights, even in winter have been on time and counter and plane staff have always been excellent. Value is very good, compared with the few other carriers (Delta and United) that we have to choose from here in Montana. Seats on Alaska planes could be more comfortable, as they are small and fairly stiff and uncomfortable, but most flights are short, so it is not a big issue for me. You can't carry on larger bags on the smaller planes, but their a la cart process still allows me not to have to check in my carry on and pick it up after landing. Overall, my satisfaction with Alaska is very good.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 December 2013 by R Leahy (USA)

Absolutely awful service. I missed a flight to Honolulu for business because my connecting flight (also an Alaska Airlines flight) was 25 minutes late arriving. I got to the departure gate for Honolulu in time to see the plane sit there for a few minutes before pushing back, if only they have held the plane 5-10min so me and the half dozen other connecting passengers could make the flight. Worse yet, they offered no hotel or even club accommodations even thought this was the last flight out and it was entirely the airline's fault that we didn't make the connection—service, reps said it wasn't their problem since they were 'only' 20min late and blamed my booking. I'll never fly Alaska Airlines again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 December 2013 by T Shant (USA)

LAX-YVR-LAX. On the flight to YVR, we were greeted with great service at the gate. The aircraft was nice and clean and had a lot of legroom on the B737-400. Even though we were delayed a bit, we still had a good flight. The service was great. We had complimentary drinks and the food, a cheese plate, was delicious, and was worth the $7 dollar price. On the flight out to LAX, we were delayed from 6am to 11.45am due to maintenance issues. Because of this, they rebooked all of the people traveling to Mexico and the first class passengers. They also gave $40 breakfast vouchers. This proves excellent service. Also, the first officer took us on a tour of the cockpit which was really nice. Since so many people left this flight onto a flight to Mexico, the flight was almost empty. The seats were very comfortable on the Boeing 737-400 and the food and service were great as well, especially because they were handing out every order for free due to the delay. Because of this, Alaska Airlines is a great airline and I definitely recommend.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 November 2013 by J Dickinson (Canada)

Round trip Seattle to Fort Lauderdale, family of 4 for a cruise, Nov 8 return 16th. Great experience considering we go in with low expectations, our own food, iPads etc. I was watching the on-time performance for a few weeks prior to departure and it seems this flight leaves the gate early more often than being on-time, and our experience was no different - we pushed off 10-15 mins early both coming and going. Crew were experienced, polite, and helpful. 3 drink cart visits for the 6 hour flight with in-between bottled water. Gate checked our carry-ons for free. All good.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Iles (UK)

Long Beach - Seattle, Friday 25 Oct. An excellent experience with Alaska, check in at Long Beach was easy and the flight boarded on time for an on time departure. The cabin crew were excellent throughout the flight.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 November 2013 by David Iles (UK)

Seattle - Redmond - Seattle, 26 Oct. This year chose to fly rather than drive and good decision. Easy check in at Seattle, plane on time and boarding very efficient. Whilst short fly cabin crew were excellent and arriving at Redmond was a delight only plane on ramp and backs in 6/7 mins. Return flight equally as good with on time departure and great team on board. Would certainly choose Alaska again based upon my recent experiences.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Caroline Scandura (USA)

Very pleasant flight that I expect to make frequently visiting daughter in Bend, Oregon. Friendly and helpful staff: Went back to plane to recover my jacket. But I have 2 complaints: Elderly neighbor got a $65 ticket when he pulled over in the loading zone to answer my call on his cell (that I was late) and Alaska's Seattle wait room sure looked shabby. Otherwise a very good experience.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Stephen Sweet (USA)

Recently returned from ANC-ATL-ANC in first class. I was quite pleased overall with not only the service, attitudes of the cabin crew but also the layout of the B-900. The flights were all on time and the food was actually quite good. The crew from ANC to SEA (red-eye) was great with a flair for humor. I do not always travel upfront unfortunately but decided to give it a go, wish I could do it every flight. No complaints here. I will continue to use Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 October 2013 by J Simister (Canada)

I have flown several times with Alaskan Airlines over the past few years. I am Canadian and live 2.5 hrs from Spokane, Washington. I have found all employees to be polite and helpful over the phone, at check-in, or while flying. I did have a flight delay in January but all passengers were kept informed of what was going on. I much prefer Alaskan Air over Air Canada. I will be flying with Alaskan again on Nov 6/13 to Hawaii.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  24 October 2013 by D Bergevin (USA)

Round trip Seattle to Houston. Everything as expected, on time, friendly crew, arrived back in Seattle 30 minutes early. Have flown Alaska at least once a year for the past 10 years, have never had a late flight or lost luggage. Companion fare is a great deal, $99.00 + tax anywhere they fly. If you don't like the seats in back, quit whining and pony up the money to sit up front.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  21 October 2013 by D Sirias (USA)

My main issue is the check in. Flight from SMF to PDX was on the small propeller jet. Those do not have overhead room for normal overhead luggage. But they don't tell you. Hence you are forced to tag bags at the gate and place on cart for checking just like regular checked bags. What if you had something temperature sensitive. It's stupid not to inform customers that the plane does not have normal overhead storage. On the return flight it took half hour to check bags because the airline was understaffed, line oppressively long. If I fly Alaska again I will bring a backpack only that's sure to fit in the tiny overhead compartment. Tell us if we get normal overhead. That's all I ask.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  14 October 2013 by S Conlon (USA)

I've flown close to 50,000 miles this year - all on Alaska Airlines. I've been flying Alaska for 15 plus years. Most of my travel is up and down the west coast with a NY, Boston, Orlando, Chicago trip thrown in on occasion. Overall, Alaska has done an amazing job all around. I've had one bag go missing in the last 15 years. It showed up at my door before 8 am the next morning. The food choices are excellent in coach and the few times I've been in First Class it's been wonderful. Their beverage choices are extensive and you can purchase an entertainment system on flights over 2 hours. Alaska's flight attendants are great - very friendly and accommodating and most of them have a great sense of humor! The few times I've had to fly other airlines I've discovered there is no comparison.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  11 October 2013 by C Obryant (USA)

I had not flown with Alaska Airlines for a number of years but had a good experience previously. I had a 6 leg trip this past week from LAX to ANC to FAI to Cordova to JNU and to SIT then finally to SEA. Every trip was on time or ahead of schedule. FA were attentive and polite. F&B service was good. I had the food purchase options on 2 flights and was very pleased. Not overly priced and was fresh with good flavor. Only downside was in LAX, boarding was chaotic. Gate agent shows up 5 minutes before boarding so many confused passengers. On all flights I noticed the upholstery on the seats were quite worn. A little surprised when most flight were on 737-700 or 800 series aircraft. Anyway all in all a successful trip with Alaska Airlines. Flights on time and my baggage made every flight. I would certainly endorse Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 October 2013 by Stephen G Sweet (USA)

Recently flew Alaska from Anchorage to SEA and then down to Redmond, OR to take our daughter to college. The trip down was fine in all respects, good service, new 737-900 and on time. The trip to Redmond was on Horizon and they did fine as well. The return trip was Redmond to Portland then up to Anchorage, again no problems. We departed a bit late from Portland due to a windshield wiper problem but due to the upper level winds due to the massive rainstorm in Portland, we were just a few minutes late arriving in ANC. All in all, good job all the way around by all crews and staff. I will fly them shortly to ATL and we will see how they do in First.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  25 September 2013 by P Pomeranze (USA)

I was not looking forward to 6 hours in a 737 from Seattle to Kona in first. In actuality the trip was not bad at all. Decent leg room and meal service were all complemented by a hard working and friendly flight attendant who serviced 20 people on her own. Digi player was decently loaded for entertainment. By today's lowered standards this flight was quite nice.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 September 2013 by Krishnan Vaitheeswaran (Australia)

SEA-ANC-SEA, KTN-JNU, JNU-ANC-HNL in B737s during the month of August. Managed to get a Row 6 seat in each of them, which led to being offered priority boarding. Every flight was either on time or ahead of schedule. Excellent in-flight service. This is an exceptional American carrier in the north-west of the country. Being slugged twice for baggage despite travelling on a single itinerary was the sole gripe.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 September 2013 by Simon Adlam (USA)

LAX-PDX. Very good early morning flight to PDX. Cabin a little tired and cramped but service was some of the best. The breakfast was actually really good - eggs benedict and bloody mary's. First time flying them and would again. They need to upgrade there interior product though as looks worn.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  29 August 2013 by D Silvey (Canada)

Flights Bellingham to Honolulu in Coach. Seats are tight but, that's the sign of the times. Service was sparse. You are nickeled and dimed on everything now. Gone are the days of Wardair. Guess that's why they aren't in business. Miss the days when air flight was fun. Having said that, out flights we good and we didn't really expect much more for the price we paid. Would take this trip with Alaska Air again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  27 August 2013 by B Bachman (USA)

Upgraded to First Class from JNU to ANC for $50 (1.5 hour flight). This was my 1st First Class experience and I was not impressed. Water was offered before take off. The plane was a slightly aged 737-400. At first the seats seem okay, but they hardly recline and there is no adjustable headrests. This makes the seats unsuitable for sleeping in. There was also a lot less legroom than I was expecting. I wouldn't recommend putting a bag under the seat in front of you unless it is very small. Since it was morning, we were served breakfast. Our drinks were served first along with the standard snack bag that's also served in coach. Then the meals were served. The meal was an egg and bacon French toast sandwich. It was okay, but not very filling. I was expecting more for first class.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  23 August 2013 by Richard Wooden (USA)

Horrible experience transferring from Flight 456 arriving in Los Angeles to Flight 4213 going to San Jose, CA. Boarding pass said Skywest, but it was actually American Eagle. On arrival at LAX there was no information about either Skywest, no indication where it was located and no one who seemed to know. Asked a gate agent who told us it was terminal 8. She did not say it was American Eagle we were looking for. After much walking and asking several people a TSA agent said to go to gate 65 and take shuttle bus to American. Upon reaching American we were told to board another bus which took us to a building near but not even attached to terminal 8. The TSA agent and the individual opening the restricted zone for us at gate 65, along with the shuttle bus drivers were the only competent individuals who seemed to know that Skywest was American Eagle in this case.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 August 2013 by Myrna Gilbert (USA)

Out of 6 flights on Alaska, going from Santa Barbara to Kalispell, Montana and back, only one flight (S.B. to Portland) was even remotely on time. All the rest departed from a half to full hour after the scheduled time. This is the worst this experienced, long time flyer has ever seen.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  12 August 2013 by G Cueto (USA)

Exceptional flight from PHL to SEA on Aug 6th. Everything from checking in online using the mobile app to the inflight experience was smooth, cheerful, and efficient. The new recaro seats in Y class was smartly designed and comfortable as Y class goes. Inflight crew were cheerful and chatty, particularly the senior attendant. Virgin America has great amenities on transcon flights, but I find Alaska to offer the best service!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 August 2013 by B Bachman (USA)

Flew from Bethel, AK to Anchorage, AK on a 737-400 Combi. Flight left on time and service was great. Flight attendants were very nice and smiled. I purchased a Mediterranean Tapas picnic pack for $6 and it was very good. A couple of days later, flew from Anchorage, AK to Juneau, AK on a lei themed 737-800, which is rare for the route (usually only 737-400s are flown). It was nice having an adjustable headrest, but I noticed that the seats on the 737-800 don't recline as much as the seats on the older 737-400. The flight was pretty empty with only 50 passengers. The flight attendants seemed tired and didn't smile as much, but the service was still okay. Flight left on time. 737-400 Combi's don't have inflight Wi-Fi, but all the 737-800s do for a charge of $4.95 for a single flight pass. Overall, Alaska Airlines is a great airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 August 2013 by J Velez (USA)

Departed on time from DCA bound for SEA on a 737-400 window seat 16, impossible to move in or out while other two passengers occupied their respective seats. The individual on the middle seat wore the most puzzling attitude making it absolutely awful to even attempt to exit for a loo break for the 4 plus hour trip. Blame the ludicrous spacing that makes it an absolute necessity to require other passengers to co0operate multiple times during a long flight. From SEA to JUN still a fully loaded aircraft yet uneventful and more pleasant neighbor passengers. JUN to final destination PSG a short hour long hop. A short 30 min delay at SEA. Return PSG by way of WRG then KTN imposed an hour an a half delay due not to weather. We arrived late night at SEA and then off to catch a ride to a local awful Seatac Inn for an overnight layover. Flight back to DCA was more pleasant. FA mobilized quickly to keep the full cabin stocked with minute free snacks, beverages in cups and purchased meals. Entertainment was avail at 10 dollars for a shared small screen pad, which battery quickly ran out of charge. The DCA to SEA is a long flight on a regularly cramped cabin. The spacing between seats is insufficient for a 155 lb. 6 ft. man to exit the window seat without interfering or annoying uncooperative passengers. It is difficult to hold biological needs for such long travel distances.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  18 July 2013 by S Tepelekian (USA)

LAX-ANC-LAX. Seats were very comfortable and the staff service was great. They even gave us free peanuts and cookies! Although all of these were good, the in-flight entertainment is horrible. It is basically an IPad that you rent at $12. Not worth it. Overall this was a great airline. I would definitely fly Alaska Airlines again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 July 2013 by S Alama (USA)

I flew First Class from Palm Springs to San Francisco on July 7th. I have flown First Class on this route many times in the past with Alaska. In the past they had a great choice of salad or cheese plate on the flight with great service. Now they have totally eliminated that and didn't even bother to ask if anyone wanted a refill on their drink which they served with a cheap bag of pretzels. The flight attendant did everything possible not to walk in First Class but stayed in the galley doing nothing. Standards have gone down on Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2013 by Keith Rands-Allen (UK)

Flew from San Jose to Fairbanks via Seattle. A good trip. Flight was on time. We knew no food was served so took our own. AA guarantee that if you don't receive your bags within 20 minutes of the plane arriving at the gate they will pay compensation ($20 I think). Our bags arrived within this time limit.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2013 by M Haywood (UK)

We flew from Seattle to Las Vegas with a connection in Portland as a direct flight would have meant hanging around too long. As we live in UK we were nervous that flights would be delayed given some negative reviews here. Everything went smoothly and right on time. We were impressed with complimentary drinks service, given that similar budget airlines in the UK all charge for drinks. Our return flight direct to Seattle was again on time . We found baggage check in quick and friendly and with the exception of one rather curt stewardess everyone else was absolutely fine.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  8 July 2013 by Nico Gray (USA)

PHX-SEA-PHX. Service was great. They were on time. Boeing 737-800 both ways. I would recommend.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8