Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines customer review :  11 September 2011 by Jerry Chen   (USA)

San Diego to Seattle return. The overall trip was excellent. The crew were nice and gave me a free extra snack. My carry-on was 2 inches larger than the maximum, but the gate agent offered to consider it check-in luggage for no extra cost. Only negative point is that both landings were hard, especially at San Diego.

Alaska Airlines customer review :  23 August 2011 by B Swanson   (USA)

Burbank, CA to Seattle, WA. My mother is quite elderly, staff were very courteous from the moment she exited the car. She was supplied with a wheelchair with and pushed by a staff member to both the ticket counter and security without waiting, and then helped onto the plane. The trip went without a hitch.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  23 August 2011 by T Fitzpatrick   (USA)

Flew nonstop Oakland to Kona. Its a much smaller plane than Hawaiian or United for example, but seat size is the same. However, there are no movies and music, they will rent you small hand held pads. They only use one food cart in coach so if you are at the back you will wait over 1 hr after service starts. Food is reasonably priced. Staff are nice and helpful, if you know what to expect its fine.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  19 August 2011 by K Castle   (USA)

The airline did got us to the destination, however they re-assigned our seats upon check-in - to the lavatory row. I paid full fair for these tickets and spent 6.5 hrs with people standing next to us. When I asked to have my family back in their original seats I was told there was an equipment change. Apparently the computer runs the airline. The computer reassigned the seats and there is nothing a human can do to rectify the situation.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  18 August 2011 by F Tsang   (Canada)

Bellingham to Las Vegas return. The flight was great and they provided us a free snack and drinks. Seats were comfortable, crew are very friendly. Both flights were on-time. The only negative is that don't have enough check- in counters and staff at Bellingham, it was a mess lining up.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  16 August 2011 by C Duckett   (UK)

MFR-PDX-LAS. Adequate flight to Portland with Horizon. Limited service and bumpy ride in crowded Bombardier. Great flight with Alaska in First after chaotic boarding at Portland. Pleasant cabin and comfy seat. Inflight service good, drinks flowed freely though the meal wasn't to my taste.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  12 August 2011 by Stephen Spencer   (USA)

Puerto Vallarta from Los Angeles. Its only a 3 hr flight. We paid full price First Class, not upgrades. First Class it was not. Besides the 737-400 being old and tired, my seat was broken both ways. Seat pitch is the tightest I've ever experienced, it was impossible to get up with the seat in front reclined. Food was awful, there were zero amenities and pre-flight beverage service was water. I had to wait behind coach passengers to use the lavatory, both ways, despite the announcements alerting passengers about the usage of the front lavatory. The one bright spot was the use of their Board Room Lounge at LAX. Its very nice, wonderful staff and plenty of amenities. Alaska needs to upgrade their First Class or go ahead and rip out the four abreast seats up front.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  8 August 2011 by Frank Mauz   (USA)

BLI-HNL on 737-800. ALOHA card on seat with "Here's the Flight Plan" on one side and "Island Trivia" on the other side sets the Hawaiian mood. Complimentary macadamia nuts and mai tai near arrival leaves a good impression. FA's efficient, served free juices and cookie. Does not compare with international flights on Asian carriers, but about as good as can be expected nowadays on a domestic flight.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  31 July 2011 by John Seadler   (USA)

San Jose to Spokane Washington. Flight out of San Jose was delayed, the agent assured me I would make my connecting flight. We landed and my connecting flight was on time, I ran across the airport only to be told the plane had left already. There no apology for the delay or missed flight, staff were surly at the gate. Instead of responding to my concerns with some empathy and trying to make a positive difference, they went out of their way to make it worse. I've never had this kind of experience with Alaska in the past and I fly with them fairly regularly.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  30 July 2011 by W Finck-McNeill   (USA)

SEA to LAX. We were seated in first class row 1. When we tried to stow our carry on bags, the crew had their stuff in our overhead. This forced us to use the overhead behind us which held those people's bags. Plus we got dirty looks from them. The same happened our return trip. We were appalled when coach customers lined up to use the 1st class restroom - why don't the attendants stop the coach from using the 1st restroom. When we pay for first class tickets we are paying for these "Perks" or so we thought. It is not our job to tell coach people the rules. It is Alaska Air's job to enforce them.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  30 July 2011 by Michael Adams   (USA)

We flew to Maui from PDX return - flight over was great, the flight back seemed to be on a different airline. The attendants were rude and had no desire to accommodate even a very simple request. Also we paid for our bags going both ways and were only supposed to pay going one way that was an extra 40 bucks. We could have just carried them on like so many others. We paid the 14 bucks for a digiplayer but the headphone quality was so bad we couldn't hear anything. We were finally watching a movie that was very old not a new release as advertised but with 15 minutes left in flight and 5 minutes of the movie they took it away. Overall the return flight was a very inattentive and miserable looking crew.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  29 July 2011 by Bruce Epis   (USA)

San Jose to Kona First Class. The seats are not First Class standard. The food was awful and the crew were rude. Also our First Class bathroom always had a line as they opened it to coach class. Something I have never seen on any other domestic airline. There are no First Class lounges in San Jose or Kona.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  27 July 2011 by Andrew Smith   (Australia)

LAX-YVR Economy. Boarding was a little chaotic and confusing as the announcements were not made clearly and sometimes hard to hear in the big departure hall at LAX. Staff seemed pretty laid back but were generally helpful. Nice to see an airline that still serves free snacks and drinks. 737-800 was in average condition with pretty basic interior decor.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  25 July 2011 by N Strehlke   (USA)

I booked an Alaska flight for a short trip to San Jose, CA from Los Angeles. I have never had an experience like the one I did on the return trip. 10 mins into the flight the cabin told us that due to a high volume of air traffic, we would likely be delayed about 15-20 mins and would have to circle over LAX while waiting for a runway to open up. We end up circling over LAX for about 30 mins, which wouldn't have been a big deal either, except that we didn't land at LAX, we landed at Long Beach, about 30 mins away by car, or 1hr 30mins with LA traffic). Then sat on the tarmac at Long Beach for nearly 2 hrs, this is a 1 hr and 20 min flight to begin with and was given no information whatsoever about the airline's plans for us. When certain passengers were permitted to debark, they were informed that they would be unable to retrieve their baggage from under the plane, and would only be allowed to take their carryon out. Most of us had figured that the airline would probably shuttle us over to LAX. Word comes over the loudspeaker that we're flying back to LAX and will be there in about 1hr. I was expecting to meet an Alaska Airlines representative to explain to us that we would all get vouchers for cabs, missed flights, etc., no such luck. Not only did no one make an effort, no one was even around. I couldn't find anyone from the airline other than the uninformed pilot and stewardesses. In the scheme of things delays like this happen and are sometimes unavoidable. What I don't get is how an airline can turn an hour and a half into 4 hrs by failing to plan ahead.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  21 July 2011 by T Gilmore   (Japan)

SEA-YKM on Horizon (connecting to international flights in SEA), but I have been a customer for over 15 yrs. The interior of their planes is standard, but their service is what puts them above other American carriers. Numerous times, when flying out of YKM and connecting in Seattle to Continental, Delta, BA, etc, they have waived second bag fees. Ground staff, gate staff, and FA are all helpful and genuinely want to make your trip easier. On their longer domestic flights, Alsaka still has the full service feel that was the norm in the early 90s. What really sets the apart is that twice now my flight to YKM has been cancelled or forced to return to Seattle due to freezing fog, and both times I have been given a full refund without argument from the call centre staff. Highly recommended by a very loyal flyer.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  26 June 2011 by L Green   (Australia)

Flew first class from Seattle-Chicago this week and was shocked at the poor cabin service. Cabin crew were ambivalent and made us feel unwelcome. The lunch offering - a bowl of soup, a bread roll and salad - was very meagre. A very disappointing experience.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  24 June 2011 by H Monreal   (USA)

In general Alaska Air has been my number one go to airline. They have been customer service oriented for as long as I can remember. The only bad experience I had was when I had MVP Gold status. I called the then Horizon MVP line and asked to have my husband seated next to me. They refused since he was not an MVP Gold. So, I called the Alaska MVP Gold number and they put him next to me no questions asked. As for booking, I recently booked a vacation through Alaska and had a difficult time. It would not pull in any of my account information from either my personal or EasyBiz account, so I had to enter it all manually. Also, unlike when you book just a flight, you cannot pick your seats in their vacation page. I found both of these items to be frustrating. I doubt I will book a vacation through their site again. I will do everything separately.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  14 June 2011 by M Boron   (USA)

I was a little surprised to read the negative reviews of Alaska. I have always flown them, and almost always satisfied and comfortable. Most recently, I went Juneau to Kona and back with no complaints. I have found them better than other American carriers I have flown. Also of note, due to flying in bad weather in Alaska, most of their planes have cutting edge navigation technology in the cockpits.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  5 June 2011 by B Parker   (New Zealand)

Los Angeles-Vancouver on 737-400. Attempted check-in at kiosk, but unless you have a US or Canadian passport, you need to check-in at the counter. Staff neither rude nor friendly, just robotic. Boarding a bit chaotic as passengers push aboard to hog overhead lockers with their gigantic carry-on bags. Was greeted at the door by a flight attendant's back. I said "hello", but no response. Proceeded through first class, and waited patiently while passengers blocked the aisle stowing their carry-ons. I was happy to wait, however a flight attendant shoves her hand in my face and shouts "wait right there!" I wasn't even moving! Walked past the first two rows of economy, and noticed that they were smashed to pieces, with a sign hanging that said "do not use". Not a good look. Airplane was totally full, and the interior was showing it's age. Drinks and food for purchase served by frowning, unenthusiastic cabin crew. Flight arrived on time, baggage delivery fast. In the end, they get you where you're going, but like most North American based carriers, staff are rude and unfriendly.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  29 May 2011 by K Worley   (USA)

We paid to fly First Class from Portland to Hawaii. Seats aren't much better than coach, little leg room and hard seats. Inattentive flight attendants. No welcome drink prior to take off and the cabin was served drinks before we got ours. We used the call button and were told our FA was busy preparing our breakfast. Breakfast was fine. Digiplayer didn't have much of interest to offer. FA's disappeared after breakfast and were gabbing away. We rang again for another drink after about an hour and were ignored. Rang again and were berated for abusing the call button. Will never fly Alaska first class again, stick with Hawaiian.

ALASKA AIRLINES customer review :  23 May 2011 by J Stanton   (USA)

SEA-LIH-SEA. Flight out was OK. We were allowed to sit in our assigned seats. Hard to sleep because of numerous, really loud announcements about buying food, joining the frequent flier club, signing up for a credit card, renting a video player, etc. Flight back was bad. When we checked in online the day before our return flight we discovered that Alaska had changed our seats from our nice aisle seats to poor ones. When we called, we were told that it was too late to do anything; we should take care of it at the airport. That we had written confirmations of our seats which we had repeatedly reconfirmed meant nothing. At the airport check-in line, we were told we had to go to the gate. At the gate we were told it was too late to do anything. The gate agent was apologetic but said "it happens all the time." Everyone we talked to basically said "I don't know why this happened. We are very customer oriented. I can't help you." Flight back was notable for the sleep robbing announcements to sell the same stuff. Does an airline have to wake everyone up to find out how many are flying on miles so they can sell more credit cards? Couldn't sleep much anyway; seat didn't recline.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8