Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Anne Taplin    (Australia)

My husband and I were refused to fly because he had an airline approved oxygenator, to take on as hand luggage and it would not be used in flight. We had purchased First class tickets to from Seattle to Hawaii, they put us on another Airline, those seats were economy and the cost of those tickets were $360.00 pp and we had paid over $700 pp - they gave us a refund of $105 pp.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 July 2012 by Brian Parker    (New Zealand)

LAX-PDX-BLI and BLI-SEA-SFO. All flights were completely full. Comfort on all aircraft's was surprisingly good. What lets them down is the staff. Robotic flight attendants going through the motions. Check-in staff in Bellingham were agonizingly slow. There were only two customers in front of me. 20 mins later, there were still two customers in front of me. When I finally reached the counter, my bag was 50.7 pounds. I am told to re-pack it. I took one shoe out of my suitcase and put it in my carry-on, and she accepted my suitcase. On both Horizon Air flights, (PDX-BLI-SEA) flight attendants sat in their jumpseats and read magazines the entire flight. My Alaska Seattle-San Francisco flight ended up arriving over an hour late. I had to run through SFO to catch my Air New Zealand flight. What a pleasure to be greeted at the door of Air NZ by smiling, polite, cabin crew.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  9 July 2012 by L Melbourne    (Australia)

Found planes to be aged and shabby. Tray tables dirty, would not want to eat off them. Staff seemed friendly but their uniforms were unimpressive. Had a delay out of Seattle and everyone was made to get off plane, travel by train to another terminal to board another plane because of a broken seat. This was obviously known about before we boarded so they should not have put that plane back into service before it was fixed. Would not recommend this airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 July 2012 by K Lutz    (USA)

Previously I have had mostly positive experiences with Alaska Airlines. However, over an hour after boarding the plane we are still sitting at the gate waiting for maintenance and my 16 month old is getting fussy. I ask the FA if she can get us some juice to calm him down and am told no, even though she is serving coffee to other passengers. 30 minutes later we are still sitting there and he is seeing everyone else getting drinks but him and starts to cry at which point the FA comes back and tells me to make him be quiet. I fly with my son almost twice a month and have never had a problem. On any other airline they would have tried to help the situation by talking to him or bringing a snack or a pair of wings. But not this one.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 July 2012 by Dan Franklin    (USA)

Being based in Portland, I am stuck traveling Alaska 75% of the time for business travel and was never impressed with the quality of the planes or service. Recently, I used rewards miles for a trip to Honolulu. The plane was a standard 737 with absolutely no amenities. The overhead air barely blew. Service was terrible. Based on the most recent experience with their customer service, I will try even harder to not fly Alaska and I am cancelling their rewards credit card. The other 25% I travel United and have never had a problem with their planes or service.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 July 2012 by Jade West    (USA)

I flew in from round trips OAK to HNL, both flights were awful. The money I paid for these two flight's were great and that's the main reason I'm not too hateful towards them. The food was not bad. The staff service was good. The main reason my experience with Alaska Airlines was awful is because the actual aircraft's I flew in were horrible! The seats were incredibly small, I was feeling very cramped during the whole flight's, it was impossible to sleep on those plane's because the recliner's barely reclined. The leg room was ridiculous, it's really hard to get up and go to the lavatory. The lavatory is also a bit small. There was not any complimentary in-flight entertainment expect the crew members offered screens to watch movies, shows, etc with a 10$ fee. Overall Alaska Airlines is mediocre. If you want a good price to go to Hawaii, but understand that you will suffer cramped seats for 5 and half hours fly Alaska Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 July 2012 by D Livak    (USA)

Flew SFO to SEA. My 9.20am flight was over sold. I was bumped to another flight leaving from OAK 5 hours later. My return flight left 5 hours late after changing planes twice because of mechanical problems. Worst flight experience I have had on many years and I fly 50,000 plus miles a year. I haven't flown Alaska in 20 years and I never will again.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  13 June 2012 by Olivia Lane    (USA)

I would not recommend Frontier for those with connections. My flight from BNA-SFO with a connection in Denver was grounded because of plane problems. We were grounded in St Louis and agents were most unhelpful. I was stuck in St Louis and only got to my destination because I booked other flights in order to do so. Frontier does not do anything but give a 200 voucher for a missed connection. On my way back from SFO to BNA (connecting through Denver) we were grounded for a medical emergency, which is understandable, however no help given to those who missed connections. I got home on my own doing by booking a Southwest flight while we were grounded in Grand Junction. They have limiting options to help you out if you miss a connection.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  12 June 2012 by D Smith    (USA)

MCI-SEA-ANC- May, 2012. All flights on time, no delays. Had an excellent Tuscan pasta dish. Return was also without hitch, long layover in SEA, but got passes to the Boardroom and enjoyed to space and quiet. All of our flights on Alaska have been positive and enjoyable.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  6 June 2012 by Steven Gilbert    (USA)

I was flying from DCA to SAN with a connection in Denver. DCA to DEN was a nice enough flight with no complaints. However, when my flight from DEN to SAN came, they were unable to get a pilot. Keep in mind that DEN is Frontier's hub. This occurred at 10.10 pm and by the time I was able to speak with customer service, the earliest flight that I could get to SAN was 9 pm the next day. Fortunately I did not have plans the next day but I know several people in the line who had to miss out on their plans due to this.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  5 June 2012 by Nikolas Lazar    (USA)

Overall, my flight was very pleasant. The crew were nice and friendly, and for the most part, the plane was clean. They forgot the digeplayers however, and the wifi was iffy, so definitely bring a ipad along with you, with non-wifi apps. The headrests are annoying for shorter passenger, as they are literally a pain in the neck. Overall, Alaska Airlines was a cheap alternative to other airlines to Seattle.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  1 June 2012 by K Danenhauer    (USA)

I bought tickets to fly myself and my 2 young kids (ages 4 and 2) from Salt Lake to Kansas City 2 months in advance. Inexplicably, Frontier did not assign us seats together. For each of the 4 legs on this round-trip, gate agents did a little shuffling to get us in the same row. But I still had to personally ask other people, already on their seats to move. Travelling alone, this wouldn't have been a big deal, but with two little kids? Just getting on the plane and taking care of everyone's food, potty and entertainment needs is stressful enough. Frontier made this such an unpleasant experience that I will avoid getting any tickets on Frontier again. When I said something about this to a flight attendant, I got the response "Well, that's Frontier for you!"

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  22 May 2012 by R Dunham    (USA)

LAX-SEA-LAX-GDL in First Class. Alaska served the same meal consisting of a Chicken Sandwich, and orzo pasta salad on all sectors. I was especially disappointed on the International sector of LAX-GDL. Alaska Airlines was on time for all sectors, baggage was delivered promptly, and the inflight cabin staff were efficient. They have to learn to vary their menu for First Class Passengers especially on International Sectors. Thus, the mediocre rating.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 May 2012 by G Zett    (USA)

PDX-LGB return. While the flight was technically on SkyWest, it is abundantly clear that this is an Alaska Air operation, from the plane livery to the standard level of service given - which is to say, a cut above. Clean CRJ planes, 2x beverage service - no charge for microbrew beer or Pacific Northwest wines, arrived on time with not much fuss. Only quibbles were the standard narrow CRJ seating and any food other than a package of pretzels had to be purchased. I liked the fact that the counter person suggested I check my bag plane- side, avoiding the ridiculous $20 surcharge on all counter-checked luggage.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  4 May 2012 by Mike Archambault    (USA)

OGG-SEA-BOS First Class. Flying in first class and not having to worry about paying $18 for the video player, plus 2 suitcases each, was almost worth it. We boarded on time and were given a plastic cup of water. The flight attendant took our coats and was polite and attentive. He let us know our food choices, and was very attentive throughout the flight. We arrived early into SEA and had a 3 hour layover, we went to the first class lounge in another terminal, but had time to kill. Free food, relaxing and comfortable lounge was appreciated. We boarded on time for BOS and again were given great service and lots of attention. I was pleased with my time in first class and just booked again for our return next Feb.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2012 by C Cleven    (USA)

ATL-SEA in First Class. Lamb dinner was very good. Service excellent. New version of Digiplayer entertainment system is a big improvement. Left on time, arrived a little early. Seat comfortable. Couldn't ask for much more.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2012 by Geronimo Saagun    (USA)

I am a 75K elite status on this Airline and fly every weekend and also 1 million miler status since two years ago, but sadly have seen a dramatic decline in service. First class not worth the cost. Upgrades even with my status are rare. Food is horrible. I recommend you stick with either American or Delta or United or Southwest for elite status. MVP Gold and 75K means nothing to the airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  25 April 2012 by C Odonnell    (USA)

I have been an Alaska Airlines MVP Gold passenger for 6 years. Each year the service and attitude slips, in the past 2 years more than ever in crew attitude, food portions and quality. The routes I fly for business are SEA-ANC, SEA-DCA, and SEA-LAZ. Last two round trips one to DCA and to LAX were especially bad. The plane had not been well serviced, the food was not up to standard, and FA's did not care about the over heated cabin. The sorry truth is that on the SEA-ANC and SEA-WDC flights Alaska knows that they can be poor and still outshine their competitors.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  12 April 2012 by D Allen    (USA)

We flew from Bellingham to Honolulu, HI and back with Alaska Airlines. On the flight to HI, we sat in row 23. By the time the food service got to us (I was willing to pay for food) they were out of the good food and only had things that no one else wanted to buy. Lousy service, lousy prices. Late leaving HI for Bellingham by 30 minutes. This airline continues to go down hill. Years ago, it was a great airline. Not so much anymore.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  15 March 2012 by R Crawford    (USA)

Cost-cutting measures are showing more and more. Although first class is quite expensive, it really isn't worth the extra expense anymore except for the larger seats and increased legroom. Meal service is a shadow of what it used to be just a few years ago. A recent flight from Anchorage to Seattle features a chicken curry salad that was frightful while the nice desserts have shrunk to a small piece of candy. Not impressed.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8