Alaska Airlines Passenger Reviews and Alaska Airlines Customer Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Passenger Trip Reports

Alaska Airlines Aircraft Seat Plans

Alaska Airlines  3-Star Airline Ranking

Alaska Airlines Economy class seat reviews

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  17 April 2013 by M Dayan (Australia)

We travelled overnight from Seattle to Orlando and were seated in the very back row of the plane. These seats are hard up against the back wall of the plane and do not recline. It was a most uncomfortable trip I can remember and would definitely recommend avoiding travelling with Alaskan Air.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  3 April 2013 by Ellen Johnson (USA)

I flew to Las Vegas March 29th and returned April 1. First class round-trip $777. Service down was slow and we were served a cheese platter. Not a significant midday meal but it was sufficient. Returning was worse. Nearly an hour before cocktails were delivered. We were not served the cheese platter. We were served hot pasta in cheese sauce on a sad looking salad bed. I asked the Flight Attendant for the cheese platter instead as I heard them offering it to the coach passengers. She advised that I would have to pay for it. She was rude and smug. Apparently I can drink you dry of scotch but have to pay additional for a decent meal. In addition, after being served our drinks, another Flight Attendant came up to us and asked if we wanted our pretzel bags as they did not have enough to serve coach. I have been flying Alaska Airlines since 1973. This is the worst service I have received coach or first class. Flying 1st class is more than a wider seat. It represents a gracious and superior attention to the passengers for which a premium is being paid.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  2 April 2013 by M Wharfe (UK)

Shuttle flight from Seattle to Portland and we missed the original connection as our international flight was late. AS couldn't have done more to help us and got us on the standby list, on loaded and even sat together. Quick flight, friendly crew and always my first choice for us domestic flights.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2013 by Scott Bourne (USA)

Flew from Anchorage to Seattle with a seat on a plane from Seattle to Vegas. The weather was bad in Anchorage but the pilot assured us we'd make our connections. Got to the gate in Vegas 21 minutes before the flight was set to leave. The Las Vegas crew was alerted that 45 of us from the Anchorage plane were bound for Vegas. The gate agent would not let us on the plane. Smiled smugly and said sorry. We all went to the customer service centre where a man told us we were lucky to get seats on the 9.35 flight. While I was at customer service I noticed the Vegas plane was still at the gate - 20 minutes later. I paid almost $1800 for this experience. Clearly Alaska Airlines isn't interested in customer service.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  26 March 2013 by S Symon (USA)

DCA-LAX on a 737-800. Plane pushed back from the gate 15 minutes before scheduled departure time and was in the air right on time (I can't remember the last time this has happened). Aircraft was very clean and the leather seats were very comfortable. The crew did 3 drink runs and we received plenty of updates from the flight deck which I always appreciate. Will definitely consider flying them again since they have a codeshare agreement with American Airlines.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by G Johnson (USA)

Seattle to Maui return. Planes departed on time and arrived slightly early both ways. Baggage was already waiting for us when we arrived in claim area. Attendants were very courteous and pleasant. Food purchased was just fine-deli pack. I usually travel Alaska if possible and have not had anything to complain about. They have always departed on time and done a good job!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  22 March 2013 by Ned Hopkins (USA)

SFO-SJD return. The flight to Los Cabos left and arrived on time, the return flight left half an hour early, but was required to circle SFO for almost as long before landing. Snacks on the 2hr 40min flights were edible, nothing more. FAs were attentive. Seats were comfortable, but legroom was as tight as any I've experienced in a first class (or business class) cabin. Alaska now departs from the new SJD terminal, it lacks some of the features - dining options in particular - that made the "old" one a pleasant place to await boarding.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  15 March 2013 by S Koenig (Brazil)

First class KOA-PDX. Flight was on time. Seats fine. Food fine. In-flight entertainment (individual hand- held devices) fine. Nothing spectacular, but we had no complaints. We chose Alaska over Hawaiian because it was fully refundable in first class, and also non-stop from Kona to Portland, where as Hawaiian was not unless you purchased a much more expensive ticket.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  13 March 2013 by M Silva Green (USA)

Staff indifferent and rude. We had a 4 hour delay from Kona to Portland, and they offered no inflight freebies to compensate. Going to Maui, they kept serving alcohol to passengers that were drunk.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  7 March 2013 by Barbara A Hestdalen (Canada)

Alaska Air has a bad reputation because of frequent flight delays. We weren't surprised when our flight was delayed several hours in Kelowna, BC, on Feb 22nd. We then missed our connections in Seattle and in Portland to Maui, Hawaii. After all the delays, we were looking forward to finally boarding our flight to Maui and sitting in our first class seats for which we had paid a lot of extra money. What a disappointment! It was an old, dirty plane with the most uncomfortable seats we have ever experienced. The seats were old and worn and lacked cushioning. To top it off, the backs reclined only about 5 degrees. The inflight entertainment was of such poor quality, we couldn't use it - the audio and screen were awful. We are vegetarians and Alaska Air only offers fish and chicken. The good thing about the flight were the flight attendants, who were pleasant and cheerful. We arrived in Maui, and because of all the delays we were up 24 hours before being able to finally get to bed. So, all in all, we were not happy customers. Alaska needs to improve their planes and give much more thought to passenger comfort and service. We have been to Hawaii 20+ times on other airlines and never had such an uncomfortable flight as on Alaska.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  21 February 2013 by Lizabeth Southworth (USA)

I recently flew round-trip from Boston to Seattle on Alaska Airlines. I was happy that we: 1) arrived safely 2) arrived on-time. I didn't check a bag so cannot rate their handling of my luggage. I was surprised to learn that, even on longer haul flights, in-flight entertainment was not complimentary as it is on other airlines. In addition, the food offerings had no hot meal suitable for a vegetarian at any meal. My seat on the flight to SEA was very uncomfortable, but adequate on the return flight. Alaska Airlines got the major points right but there's plenty of room for improvement!

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  20 February 2013 by J Cranford (USA)

LAX-SJD-LAX, Feb 15, First Class. What a disappointing experience. We purchased (not upgraded or miles) first class tickets to Cabo expecting a lot more. The first class seat pitch was awful in rows 2 and 3. Very cramped! Forget it if the person in front of you leans back at all. It also appears that the 3rd (and last row of 1st) has minimal seat recline. The condition of the seats : The leather was very distressed, marked up and very worn. When we boarded at Cabo for the return flight to LAX there were crumbs all over the seats and floor. The food (both ways): a chicken sandwich with a single tomato slice, some orzo and a piece of chocolate. Not even packets of salt and pepper accompanied the trays. I'd say this product is an embarrassment to this airline.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  19 February 2013 by Tess Smith (USA)

Flight was late on both legs of round trip. The food advertised was not available and what was available they ran out of so we could not feed our 3 yrs old. When my husband complained the flight attendant happened to find something. There should be enough food for the passengers especially when you're landing at 10.30pm.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  16 January 2013 by C Adams (USA)

The day we were to depart was a bad weather day for the North Eastern part of the country and the aircraft we were to take from Reagan International was delayed due to weather. When we arrived at the airport shortly before the flight I received a call regarding this delay. When we finally go to the ticket counter the agent informed us that we would more than likely miss our connecting flight and they wanted us to depart from Dulles. After speaking to the customer service agent, we were informed of the situation and they would pay for a taxi to get to Dulles, send our bags and upgrade us on the United flight to first class. We got to Dulles with time to spare, boarded our flight and got to California early enough to get a good nights rest before catching our connection. End result, we arrived to our destination refreshed on time and ready. Our luggage arrived with us as well.

Alaska Airlines Customer review :  10 January 2013 by G Cueto (USA)

DCA-SEA, Dec 24, Y class. Orderly bordering and flight left on time (it helped that DCA was practically empty at 5pm on Christmas eve). Seats clean and definitely provided more legroom than my United flight a few weeks later. Service efficient but nothing extraordinary. Solid and consistent performance.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8