AirTran Airways Passenger Reviews and AirTran Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  14 January 2011 by J Mancuso   (USA)

They canceled my flight due to inclement weather. Okay, I understand that. But when we were forced to reschedule our flight, they were fully booked for the next 5 days. We decided to push our travel plans back exactly one week and were told that because we are scheduling outside of our original travel dates we must pay the difference in cost of the new fair. There was a difference of 25% more that we had to pay. They said as a courtesy they would waive our change fee. I don't understand how they consider that "courtesy" when they were the ones that forced me to make the change. I am not happy with AirTran at all.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  10 January 2011 by Pat Santiago   (France)

CUN-BMI. One of my best experience on medium haul flight. Planes modern and clean, with wifi and radio onboard. Seat comfort is on par with other carriers - possibility is given to book seats with good pitch at exit doors and affordable business upgrade on travel day. Impressed with onboard service, attendants spent half of the 3 hours in the cabin, fares are competitive.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  8 November 2010 by P Schaffner   (UK)

What a pity they're being taken over by SouthWest - who I like, except for their seating policy - as Air Tran is just as good as SouthWest for customer service and cheap deals, but better for being able to choose your seat in advance. Try them before they disappear for good. Most recent flight ROC to BWI was a bargain (far cheaper than anyone else to Washington), comfortable, and punctual; what's not to like?

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  28 October 2010 by Margaret Sabo   (USA)

I fly to Sarasota several times a year. I have never had a bad flight other than weather related situations. The flight attendants are wonderful, they seem to have real team spirit and much needed sense of humor. The captains are usually helpful and occasionally communicate with passengers which is great.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  14 September 2010 by J Wade   (USA)

This past weekend I flew from Huntsville to Baltimore with my wife and two young children. The plane departed at 7:00 am right on schedule and landed on schedule. The return trip home was on time as well. I was a little cramped in my seat but I am 6'5. The inflight service was ok. You can tell they are just there to do their job but they did it. All in all, for the money, AirTran is the way to fly. Will certainly fly this airline again.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  11 September 2010 by Ameya Chitre   (USA)

MSP-ATL B737-700 kind of congested. They ran out of bin space and my bag had to be checked-in at boarding. My laptop bag would not fit under the seat in front It was really narrow! This was a first though I have flown the 737 a ton of times. Web check-in, boarding, seating as such or service was no problem. They were bang on time. Good deal if you book really in advance to get the really cheap tickets.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  27 August 2010 by G McGowan   (USA)

Round trip-Orlando (MCO) to Allentown (ABE). Both flights on time, cabin crew courteous, if unobtrusive. There are fees for checked bags, early seat selection and priority boarding. Boarding is by zone, not by row. I checked in online 24 hours prior to departure and was in zone 7 both times. My only real complaint was the lack of legroom in the window seats, particularly with my laptop stowed under the seat in front of me. Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience. A couple of tips - boarding is by zones, and in the case of families, you board with whoever's boarding pass is in the lowest zone. Also families traveling together should pay extra for early seat selection so as not to be split up. It's also wise to pay extra for priority boarding when flying out of Orlando because the overheads get filled with bags of souvenirs so those who board late may have to gate check their carry- ons.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  7 August 2010 by Bob Smith   (USA)

Kansas City (MCI) to Orlando (ORD) and back. You do have to pay for assigned seats if you want them in advance but you can check in online 24hours ahead of your flight and select your seats that way for no cost. We are a family of four with two small children and we did not pay the extra for advanced seating. We checked in (to the minute) 24 hours in advance and we had no trouble sitting together. Four people round trip to Orlando was $525. That makes almost everything else worth it, if budget is your limiting factor. If you have extra to spend then you will probably want to look elsewhere.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  5 August 2010 by R O'Connor   (USA)

I have flown many trips on AirTran. I have always had an experience that I paid for, but my last was really poor. PBI-ATL-HPN round trip, flew up in coach and that was a bad choice. the seats were rock hard. You cannot store things under your seat and expect to be comfortable if you are taller than 5'10". I'm 6'0" and it was uncomfortable. On the way back it was better. I purchased an exit row seat for the HPN-ATL portion and upgraded to business for the ATL-PBI portion. You have enough room to get comfortable and sleep in business class, which is definitely a plus when you have a late night flight. That is definitely the way to go when you fly AirTran. I have been a happy AirTran customer for a long time, but they nickel and dime you so much I think its time to switch back to a different airline.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  7 August 2010 by Bob Smith   (USA)

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  5 August 2010 by R O'Connor   (USA)

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  25 July 2010 by M Soderlund   (USA)

Hands down the worst experience I've had on an airplane. I took a total of four flights on a round trip from Orlando to Dayton and never was on time. I was three minutes late on my connecting flight in Atlanta, could clearly see the plane was still outside, and they still wouldn't let me board. This delayed me and another four passengers six more hours until 10pm that night. On the 10pm flight they had everyone boarded, wait for 30 minutes, and they told us that the plane was not flyable. We would have to go to another plane clear across the ATL airport. Once arriving at the new gate, they told us again that they had a mistake, and that we had to go all the way back to terminal we just left. At this point I went to the nearby customer service desk to ask the lady for some clear guidance, and after being told "she didn't want to deal with me" I was given no answer. Eventually, we found a plane that actually flew 45 minutes later, and arrived at our destination 8 hours later then expected. Furthermore, all airplanes' cooling system leaked so it constantly dripped on you during the flight, XM radios never worked, and the seats were like sitting on a rock. It may be a cheap flight, but unless you have a whole day for travel delays, like sitting in airports for hours on end, and receiving less then par customer service by all means throw your money away, and hope your bags don't get lost.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  17 July 2010 by S Aletha   (USA)

Flying 20+ segments a year, usually between either MKE or ORD, I've taken to flying AirTran whenever possible. As business class seats are rarely booked in advance, I have no issue paying the extra $49 to upgrade upon check-in. I have long legs, and on most coach flights, end up with my knees sandwiched against the seat in front of me, which isn't comfortable for me or the person in front of me. The $49 covers any bags I might check, unlike airlines such as United, which charge for economy-plus as well as any checked bags. However, I can see how attempting to travel on a family vacation on this airline would be difficult. I have used AirTran for trips with a friend before, and we had no issues getting seats next to each other at check-in. As every airline charges fees for various conveniences, asking for $6 to pre- book seats seems relatively minor, as some airlines are charging $45 for carry-on bags.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  14 July 2010 by Terri Fisher   (USA)

After so much frustration flying other airlines, I went back to flying Airtran and flights were on time. There was ample room for carryon luggage. Airtran is not fancy, there are no frills, but getting to my destination on time means a lot to me.

1 2 3 4 5 6