AirTran Airways Passenger Reviews and AirTran Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

AirTran Airways Customer review :  23 October 2011 by L Jackson    (USA)

New Orleans-Atlanta-LaGuardia, definitely the Greyhound of the air. Coach is incredibly cramped, so much so that I bought the business-class upgrade ATL-LGA. Both aircraft were fairly new B717s, but worn inside and out - interiors not especially attractive, and not particularly clean - had to sweep the crumbs off the business class seat. On- ground facilities similarly worn and not too clean - even the jetways seem to have limited maintenance. Airtran LGA facilities are truly bad. Limited carry-on space on 7171 This was a last-minute one-way trip, and the cheapest available - though with the upgrade, it wasn't worth the stop in ATL. The only way I'd ever fly Airtran again is in business class, but I'd much rather a nonstop coach flight on this route. Not a pleasant experience.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  21 October 2011 by Brett Sodik    (USA)

Charlotte to Los Angeles (layover in Atlanta). All flights were fine and uneventful. Staff friendly, with a flight attendant going out of her way to help with luggage on one flight. Departures and arrivals on time. My minor issue had to do with lack of snack offering on a coast-to-coast flight (just a couple of crackers, mini pretzel bag, and drinks). They should have offered some sort of paid "meal" on this somewhat long flight.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  20 September 2011 by Sue Gilcrest   (USA)

We have used this airline for several years, the last time we flew the stewardess moved my husbands bag with all his medicine two seats down in the compartment on the other side of the aisle without us knowing. We had to stay in our seats until everyone got off so we could find our bag. We did not have a wheelchair for him by then as I had asked someone to get one for him as we got off the plane. I find that unacceptable.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  16 September 2011 by C Brown   (USA)

This was my first trip on AirTran and I was impressed with the value received for the modest cost of the airfare. I have some medical issues that can make travelling challenging and sometimes unpleasant. The AirTran flight crew were without a doubt, the most considerate, helpful, and thoughtful I have encountered. They extend the courtesy and superior service that Business Class travellers enjoy, to every passenger on the flight.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  12 September 2011 by F Logan   (USA)

Minneapolis to Washington with one stop in Milwaukee round-trip. There's nothing exceptionally good or bad about them. The service, seat comfort, plane age are all about average, but the price of the ticket was inexpensive. One problem I've noticed is the limitation of having carry-on luggage, so it might be worth purchasing a Business Class seat.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  8 September 2011 by V Hazle   (USA)

Round trip San Francisco to Atlanta. Flight was delayed but once onboard there was no air at all, once in the air they still hadn't put on any A/C which added to the heat. On the return trip the Stewardess were rude, shouting at passengers to turn off all electronics and dismissing drinks requests.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  6 September 2011 by G Braun   (USA)

Rochester to San Francisco via Atlanta. Upon checking in at Rochester, we were told that we could not get seat assignments for our leg Atlanta to San Francisco, but not to worry it was a system thing. When we got to Atlanta, we found the connecting flight was overbooked and we were bumped. We had to wait until the following day to get to San Francisco. We were told we could either get a refund or get a voucher for two free trips to anywhere AirTran flies. We chose the vouchers. Since then, we have tried to use the vouchers 4 different times, every time we get told the vouchers were not available on the flights we wanted.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  30 August 2011 by C Feltham   (Canada)

Our family of four recently flew Detroit to Orlando and return Orlando via Air Tran. All was smooth, no problems, we pre-booked seats. Flights left on time and arrived ahead of schedule, on the return my husband and son upgraded to the Exit row at no cost. All personnel were friendly, we received a free drink and snack on board the 2.5 hr flight.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  28 August 2011 by David Iles   (UK)

Ft Myers-Atlanta. Original flight cancelled and choosing an acceptable alternative meant a telephone call from UK to US as web site could not accommodate the changes we required. Checked in with no problems, boarding was brought forward as airline wanted to take off ahead of approaching thunderstorms, good idea would be good if this communicated to the passengers rather than hearing a gate closing announcement some 30 mins ahead of departure time. Overall an acceptable experience a few minor tweaks would make this a much better experience.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  18 August 2011 by T Barton   (USA)

I have traveled several times in the last few months and have found it acceptable for the amount of money they charge. Crew has always been very nice and flights on time. I upgraded to Business Class to and from San Francisco from Atlanta and it was well worth the extra fee for the larger seats, more leg room and free drinks. They do not claim to be a big all frills airlines, you should know what you are getting going in, and if you do, you will be satisfied with the service.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  30 July 2011 by T Samuels   (USA)

They are awful!! My fiance and I booked our honeymoon flights through them in advance and a month later they called to inform us that they have cancelled that flight all together. They were unwilling to supply vouchers, other flight support, or anything remotely helpful to aid is in finding new flights. They only refunded us in full, but that was not sufficient since all the flights have gone up since we booked them in advance. What was meant to be a seamless planning time, was very stressful all because Airtran was unsupportive and uncooperative.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  27 July 2011 by William Jenkins   (USA)

3 hr delay from Memphis to Atlanta - weather involved so not their fault but the staff at the gate were arrogant and uninformed of where the flight was. I was waiting on an unaccompanied minor so was stressful. We were given the wrong information repeatedly on whether flight had left Memphis or not. They had no idea what the status of flight was but FAA website was very helpful.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  25 July 2011 by M Steward   (USA)

I had to make a last minute change to my schedule and ended up being charged for the price of a whole new ticket. Don't even bother taking a carry on bag if you are boarding after zone 4. They do not have enough over head space to accommodate all of their passengers. The staff was less-than friendly when offering to check my bag.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  23 July 2011 by B Sammons   (USA)

I flew from Minneapolis to LaGuardia. Flight crew was average. Bags were sent to NYC hours before our flight was scheduled to arrive (went on same plane, but not with us!), bags in wrong luggage belt on the return. They did let us off the plane after the pilot said the cabin air was 90 degrees, but the air conditioning could not yet be turned on. The feeling of security level at the La Guardia AirTran terminal was horrible. I felt very unsafe and not secure at all. It looks like a temporary security area with ropes and lines all over the main hallway. They were not efficient. The rest of the terminal had stained and dropping ceilings, broken air vents, and a plain dirty mess. Steer clear of this airline until things get cleaned up.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  21 July 2011 by Samantha Frangia   (USA)

I travelled with AirTran Airways twice this year and try to fly with them as much as possible. The customer service has always been appropriate and when my flight was delayed, I was very quickly booked onto another flight in an exit row with extra legroom. Their fares were too high for my August trip, so I booked a flight with another airline. Flight attendants, check-in, ticket counter and boarding staff have always been satisfactory.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  12 July 2011 by T Cairns   (Canada)

Buffalo-Vegas. Every plane was delayed (which was a good thing on the way out as we would have missed our connection! As it happened we needed to sprint across Atlanta airport to make it!). Very old planes and very little service. Our bags were substantially delayed coming to the baggage reclaim on both legs of the journey. You get what you pay for and with Air Tran.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  27 June 2011 by N Tamez   (USA)

Will not use AirTran again. Fees for everything you can think of, high pressure to purchase quickly. Hard to get questions answered when you try to contact them. Flight from ATL-SATX delayed for several hours, no food vouchers for coach passengers only business class. Glad SWA is taking over.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  6 June 2011 by B Froese   (Canada)

The cheapest flights imaginable to Montego Bay - well worth the 8h commute to Minneapolis. Then, when I was in a crisis (of my own making), they made mad efforts to help me. Air Canada's response to the same crisis was to exploit it. They profited this time, but lost my business forever.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  2 June 2011 by R Stalsby   (USA)

Horrible customer service. After sitting the ATL airport for 8 hours and getting on and off planes, we were told the flight was cancelled. No offer to help find hotels or other accommodation. No food vouchers. 1 person stayed to work through the line of stranded passengers. The next morning (after sleeping in the airport) we finally board our next flight and have to get off again due to engine issues that should have been found before we boarded! I guess this is what the "bargain" means in bargain airline. After all the additional fees we had to pay we should have just gone with a major airline!

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  1 June 2011 by J Hullender   (USA)

If you are ever given "free tickets" from Air Tran, usually because of bad service, they are worthless. I have tried for the last four months to used any of the 5 "free" tickets that Air Tran gave me for very bad service and have been told that I cannot use the tickets for that flight. I have checked the Air Tran website for blackout dates and avoided them, I have picked the middle of the week where there are less travellers, I have picked many destinations from St. Louis, Las Vegas, Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, and several others only to be told that my tickets are not good on those dates. By the way the free tickets were because Air Tran Changed my flights 6 times in 5 months. I thought booking early was a good idea. They cancelled my flight 11 hours before I was set to take-off for a cruise, but that is a whole different review. My advice stay with real airlines that support their customers.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  23 May 2011 by S Gonsales   (USA)

It is not surprising this airline has not made it and is being swallowed up by Southwest. The good : comfortable seats, seat assignments (though, you have to pay), free XM radio onboard. The bad : small planes for cross-country travel, B737. You have to pay for everything : seat assignment ($20), bags ($20) and the list goes on. I expected to see a coin slot at the toilet. In addition, no food for a cross country trip - not even for purchase. Also, they have very few planes and therefore if there are any delays, you are probably going to miss your connection: there was a ground delay at SFO of 2 hours and basically, I had to wait until the following day to get out - very frustrating.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  18 May 2011 by Patti Green   (USA)

I fly AirTran twice a week from Atlanta to Pensacola and they are consistently on time, whereas Delta is not. Just flew on the 6:30 a.m. Delta flight this morning and, and once again, Delta was 25 minutes late taking off and no reason was given.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  15 May 2011 by Suzanne Campbell   (USA)

I was on Ft892 on May 8th From LAX to MIL. I was in line for 45 mins waiting to check-in while the agent waited on two people. I asked an Airtran agent walking by if our line could merge into another line. She talked to the agent next to ours and she started taking from both lines.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  25 April 2011 by Joe Dietrich   (US)

Flight from hell, arrived at Orlando airport and was told we would get seat assignment at the gate. I get to the gate to find the flight is over booked and though I do not have standby tickets members of my family do not have seats. After 3 hours of stress with no explanations or answers the plane is boarding after a two hour delay. My family is separated though we are travelling with children and was left to work this out with other passengers. The staff of Airtran as a whole I found to be rude, unprofessional and incompetent. All this for tickets I purchased four months ago. When I asked a ticket agent want was going on I was told " It's not me problem, I am working another flight now."

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  22 April 2011 by A Williams   (USA)

LAX-BWI, the worst flight I've taken. I checked my bags in during check-in and paid the $20 fee and was pretty ticked off when I heard there was no room in the overhead bins for carry-ons, and that those would be checked for free. The seats are extremely narrow and have little leg room. No headrest even, making the seat downright terrible. Cannot fit anything properly under the seat in front of you. Barely got 5 minutes of sleep on a 5 hour red eye flight on the plane due to back pains and leg cramps from sitting in the seat. Crew was friendly, but hardly around. Doesn't matter how much cheaper the flight is, it's not worth the money.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  28 March 2011 by B Duston   (USA)

Round trip between Charlotte-Atlanta-Tampa. I mistakenly booked the wrong flight on line and the customer service agent guided me through the process of rebooking the correct flight. Ground staff were professional, as were flight crew on all flights. Upgrading to business class was a good value ($49 per segment). The fare could not be beat.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  4 February 2011 by Ameya Chitre   (USA)

ATL-FNT on B717. On time departure and arrival. Smiling and courteous service. Only complaint I have with AirTran is that the seats are just too narrow. Even laptop back-packs do not fit under properly.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  3 February 2011 by Steve Backart   (USA)

Can't wait until Southwest Airlines completes its purchase of AirTran. AirTran held the plane today for 30 minutes for a flight crew (non-revenue) arriving fro New York. The late pilots proceeded to sit in the Business Class section. Shades of United past, and I left them because of it. Arrogant and not customer focused. After all the extra fees I paid to finally board this flight I expect more - way more.

AIRTRAN AIRWAYS customer review :  16 January 2011 by Martha Sienkiewicz   (USA)

AirTran did a fine job for me this week when a blizzard closed down Logan airport in Boston. I was in Minneapolis with flights to Atlanta and then Boston. My bag was checked. By the time the plane was boarding, Logan had closed so those going on to Boston were retained at the gate and told to re-book, so we wouldn't be stranded in Atlanta. The plane pulled away from the gate with my suitcase aboard. The pleasant attendant gave me seats for 2 days later (my request) and even gave me 1st class, no charge. The new flights went through Milwaukee but he assured me my suitcase would be in Boston waiting for me. But today as I arrived in Boston, there was my suitcase in the AirTran luggage office waiting for me, pretty as you please, well marked with my name prominently on it.

1 2 3 4 5 6