AirTran Airways Passenger Reviews and AirTran Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

AirTran Airways Customer review :  24 April 2012 by T Englehardt    (USA)

Mechanical problems both ways departing Baltimore to Cancun, offloaded us onto a new plane. They did not hand out custom forms out until we were landing, the other form was handed to us as we were departing the plane - it was in Spanish only! This created a disaster for us at customs. On return, we had a 2 hr delay which turned into a 4 hour delay with no explanation. Given $10 food vouchers. Crew was very nice but after you sit for a total of 6 hours in the airport at the end of your vacation you just want to get home.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  24 April 2012 by D Wright    (USA)

For the most part, good value for the price. Seats were very cramped, however, in economy class, thankfully I am not a large person and neither were my neighbours or it would have been impossible. Seat on my return flight was broken so it kept reclining without me wanting it to. Cabin needed tidying up, windows were dirty with oily face and fingerprints. Staff were pleasant and flights on time, even early. If budget is your priority, this is ok.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  13 March 2012 by Conrad Kickert    (USA)

DTW-ATL-LAS. Planes were reasonably new, seats were spaced quite nicely. Drink and pretzels are free, not different from legacy airlines. Pay for everything else except hand luggage. I actually found staff very nice. They had a good sense of humor and were helpful. Transfer in Atlanta is a bit chaotic but that's just because it's a big airport. All my flights were on time, I checked in online.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  28 February 2012 by S Kurtz    (USA)

MDT-MCO. First and last flight with this airline. Mechanical problems delayed flight 7 hours with nothing more than $10 food voucher and useless $25 voucher for next flight. Personnel were more concerned about the amount of overtime they were logging. Texting and nail biting were most commonly seen among the staff present. When it came time to board, forget about loading zone priorities - not even announced after business class, and certainly no refund for that expense either. 7 hrs of my time is worth more than $35. Customer service and satisfaction are clearly not priorities.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  13 February 2012 by Gerry McFlood    (USA)

Flew return from Boston, MA to Fort Myers, FL in economy. Flight down was on 737-700. Seat was comfortable. Leg room acceptable. Flight crew friendly and professional. Flight back was on a 717. Again, flight crew very professional and friendly. Seat was very cramped. One of the narrowest seat pitches that I can recall. I would fly Airtran again but only if my itinerary did not include a leg on the 717.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  13 February 2012 by R Alexander    (USA)

DCA-MKE. Overall, the flight exceeded my expectations, especially since I was sceptical of using a low-cost airline. Boarded on time, and took off a few minutes ahead of schedule. The crew were fairly decent overall. The food wasn't spectacular, but at least I was given a full can of the soda I ordered. There was a noticeable lack of entertainment on this flight (the wi-fi didn't work, and there were no movies shown due to the relatively short length of the flight), but seeing as we arrived in MKE ahead of schedule (the flight lasted about 90 minutes total), that hardly mattered.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  26 January 2012 by R Muratovic    (USA)

LGA-MKE-LAS, and return segment was LAS-ATL-LGA. Both trips generally on time. Flight Attendants were attentive. Aircraft's were cleaned and maintained. Flight crew kept us updated on travel time, and weather throughout each flight segment. My grandfather needed a wheelchair, and at each and every airport there was a wheelchair waiting for him at the aircraft door. As usual a great experience, just wish they could serve a meal or a larger snack on flights over 3 hours.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  25 January 2012 by E Edwards-Gowie    (USA)

Very bad choice of airline. This was my first and last trip using this carrier. Stuck at CLT in Charlotte, N.C. for more than 2 hours and never once was an announcement made advising us of the delay. Terrible seat mix ups and no plausible explanations made. Rude staff and just very poor experience altogether. I've been flying since childhood and never felt this way prior. I'll advise all my friends and family to stay away from them. The money saved in flying this airline is not worth the horrible treatment. They are the epitome of "you get what you pay for".

AirTran Airways Customer review :  1 January 2012 by C OBryant    (USA)

I certainly concur with the comments from December 7, 2011. I too have witnessed this type of poor service from Airtran personnel in ATL. If you are flying Airtran during this transition to Southwest be aware they are playing games with schedules. My wife and son travelled on Airtran where we had booked a flight based on their timetable only to have that flight taken out of the system which now creates a 7 hr layover in ATL. However they have now added the flight back to the schedule so now if they want to catch this flight standby today they will have to pay a fee to do so. I understand flights and fares are subject to change, but this is pretty tawdry and deceitful.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  7 December 2011 by B Schrader    (USA)

I flew to Ft. Lauderdale, FL return with a layover in Atlanta. The flight crew was courteous and helpful, but the gate agents and AirTran airport staff were appalling. My wife and I had been waiting several hours for a standby flight only to be bumped, making us wait an additional 3 hours for the next flight. At Atlanta, we witnessed the gate crew being rude and disrespectful to many customers. They would not even give them the courtesy to look them in the eye but just stared at computers saying nothing. I contacted customer service who were unwilling to help. If you can get on your flight without a problem, you are probably ok, but if anything goes wrong, you are toast because their staff on the ground are incompetent and will do nothing to help you.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  6 December 2011 by F Baydur    (USA)

Round trip Baltimore to Nassau. Overall good service. Flight was delayed about 1.5 hrs from Baltimore but not a problem for me. Enjoyed both flights, good customer service. Adequate leg room in coach.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  28 November 2011 by Kevin Richmeier    (USA)

Flew from Raleigh Durham to Wichita via Atlanta return. All 4 fights were on time. This has not happened to me in quite some time. It was especially impressive since it was holiday travel. Turn around time between flight arriving, de-boarding and us getting on was pretty impressive. No problem with online check-in. No long lines at check-in. Had questions about car seat and flight crew knew more than airport ground crew. Very helpful. A pretty non eventful couple of trips. That is just how I like them.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  22 November 2011 by Larry Firman    (USA)

Rountrip Detroit to Orlando. Flights were on time and staff pleasant. Was comfortable in seats 14D and 15D. Overhead storage bins were cramped but sufficient with some juggling. The price was quite good. Had a beer on both legs of trip and flight attendant did not charge me.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  18 November 2011 by K Eyer    (USA)

I will never fly AirTran again. We were flying from Akron-Canton-Tampa to catch a cruise. Our flight was delayed 3 hours because of maintenance problems. We ended up having to run to catch our ship. I tried to use the $10 voucher they gave us for food, however the flight attendant dated it wrong so it was rejected. The planes were in a horrible condition, very old, dirty and uncomfortable.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  31 October 2011 by T Biegalski    (USA)

First time flying AirTran. Morning flight from Atlanta to Dallas had no potable water on the plane. No coffee or tea, and no hand washing in the restrooms. On the return from fight from Dallas to Atlanta, a self empowered member of gate crew decided that there was no room in the overhead storage for our carry-on bags and stated we must check them in. In his words, checking bags is "not optional". Our group of six travelers had planned to only use carry- ons because our final stop was Detroit and we weren't scheduled to arrive until after midnight. Onboard the plane we found bewildered flight attendants wondering why travelers were not stowing their bags in the compartments, which had plenty of room available. The flight crew verified that they had not been asked about alleged shortage of space in the overhead compartments. Planes weren't very clean with trash from previous travelers found at the seats. On board crews were fine. Ground crews need training in customer service and honesty.

1 2 3 4 5 6