AirTran Airways Passenger Reviews and AirTran Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

AirTran Airways Customer review :  16 November 2012 by Christina Sharrer    (USA)

I had a bad experience traveling to Florida. It was me, my husband, a 5 yr old and a 2 month old. Our seats were not together as promised during our booking. Onboard, when I went to change the baby in the restroom I was unable to dry my hands properly because the paper towels were located underneath the changing table which the baby was laying on without a ledge!

AirTran Airways Customer review :  15 November 2012 by D Love    (USA)

The planes are old. No entertainment. No food. Seats are small and very uncomfortable, saw one seat cushion cover coming apart. Would not recommend. I flew from Atlanta to San Francisco. Paid for a window seat - no window.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  9 November 2012 by Lisa Christopher    (USA)

My husband and I flew from San Francisco to Atlanta. The service was absolutely terrible. I am a disabled person and the airline was notified of this when I booked my trip. I also had a syringe of medication which had to be refrigerated at all times. The flight told me that they could not store my medication. For a cross country flight, there was absolutely zero entertainment or food for sale. I just can't get over the rudeness, unwilling to help a disabled person and the lack of entertainment. Hopefully they'll get their act together soon because the rudeness started at the baggage counter and of course continued the entire flight.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  29 October 2012 by Thomas Kinder    (USA)

Had to upgrade to first class or be stuck in Atlanta even though I bought a ticket and picked my seat. Lied to about our first flight being late and got stuck in Atlanta. They gave us a $10 dollar food voucher when everything was closed and a sub par room.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  13 October 2012 by Norma Williams    (USA)

Very dissatisfied. We booked a Disney trip months ago and told our seats would be together. We had 9 in our party with 6 being first time flyers, and 3 of those children. When I tried to check in online 24 hours ahead it came up that I couldn't. So when arriving at check in I found out we were not all together and the employee said they could not move a paying customer. Well I sure as hell didn't fly for free. Also was told I should have checked in early. At no time did anyone tell me travelling as a family I would be given such a hard time because there was 9 in our party. The return flight I was able to get our seats together after jumping thru many hoops and wasting my time we my grandchildren. That's not all - once boarded for return home and we have the 3 children seated with adults and about ready for take off we are told my husbands seat is broken and he will need to move. He was seated in a middle seat to be beside on of the children. When this happened then she begins to cry because noone can sit beside her. None of the staff seem to care that we have a scared 8 year old. I would not recommend AirTran Airways for families with small children at all.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  21 September 2012 by Tom Barnes    (USA)

4 hour flight and no food offered in Business/First Class except potato chips and cookies. No nuts, no tomato juice. The two flight attendants in the forward cabin spent the entire flight chatting. They did not leave the service area to check on passengers for more than 2 hours. 737 was old and smelt musty. What a disaster.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  19 September 2012 by D Steelers    (USA)

My wife and I flew Air Tran to and from Pittsburgh, PA and Punta Cana, Dominican Republic. We had no problems with either flight and felt it was a pleasant first experience with them. Through our travel agent we were able to check one bag each for free. I tried several methods of selecting our seats prior to boarding and found that the Air Tran website was the best way to go. The flight to Punta Cana gave us the option online to pick seats that were available so that was convenient. The flight attendants were nice and very helpful. The only real complaint we had was the planes themselves. They were definitely older with some pretty worn and cramped seats, but for coach we weren't expecting anything great. The free satellite radio inputs on the arm rests were inactive due to the age of the seats. Just like most flights we were offered a drink and snack and the option for getting a cocktail with cash only. I was unable to connect to the free Wi-Fi on board, but I could have been doing something wrong. Both of our flights had no delays and we even arrived earlier on the flight down so overall we had a good experience with Air Tran. We would recommend this airline to anyone looking for an inexpensive flight.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  17 September 2012 by Codi Craft    (USA)

One of the worst flights I've ever been on. The flight attendants were the laziest I've encountered on any flight on any airline. It was so cold not only were people scrambling for something to make them warmer, i.e. digging sweatshirts and warmer items from the overhead bags - the flight attendants put on jackets. They gave us our drinks, then honestly we didn't see them until the end of the flight to pick up trash. Unbelievable! They sat chatting with each other rather than going through the cabin to collect empty cups and wrappers. This was my first time with AirTran and I would never fly with them again.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  14 August 2012 by Kenn Chandler    (USA)

Our flight was cancelled at 5.30 am due to a switch failure. AirTran could not put us on another flight until the next day. For our inconvenience we received a 2 hr taxi ride to Boston - one hotel room for four mixed gender adults and a late flight the next day. We missed plans because of AirTran's incompetence and perpetual state of being overbooked with no contingency and no relations with other airlines. The tickets were a few dollars cheaper than the next lowest price. Definitely not worth it. Our return flights were also overbooked and late - connections were a nightmare.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  13 August 2012 by R Catterton    (USA)

BWI to LA (MSY). Great experience flying to and from New Orleans. Staff very helpful and kind. We arrived at Baltimore-Washington on time. I realized at the check in booth that my wallet was missing (it had slipped out of my pocket during my ride on the shuttle bus from the parking garage). Luckily my wallet was returned to me, but by that time my flight was leaving in 10 mins and I hadn't even cleared the security check point. The gentleman from AirTran walked me through security and was able to get me on my flight on time.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  10 August 2012 by Matt Clark    (USA)

Round-trip from Milwaukee to DC was fine. Nothing great but it's gets you from A to point B. Flight was on time. The only problems were that the pretzels were stale and on the way back two flight attendants were bitching to each other.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  2 August 2012 by B Schwartz    (USA)

LAX-MKE 27-29 July. Both of my flights departed and arrived early. The crews were fine and the seats are no different than any other airline. The only difference I noticed between AirTran and legacy carriers is that they don't sell food and the flight attendants will help elderly people with their overhead luggage.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  17 July 2012 by Carla Wilson    (USA)

My outgoing flight, which was a connecting flight to the Dominican Republic, was delayed 3 hours. They kept asking us to stay close to the area because a replacement plane was on the way. On our return trip back to Memphis, we had another delay. Once onboard, we were told that we were waiting on a connecting flight so that the missing passengers could board. I felt this was unfair because my transportation needs were not being considered as I had made arrangements in Memphis to continue my travel. I called customer relations from the plane and was told we were not taking off because of the weather. This is not what we were being told on the plane.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  16 July 2012 by S Garavito    (USA)

Flight schedule and connecting flights changed at least 3 times in the four months prior to flight. Returning from Aruba we checked three bags. Clerk said she had to do baggage tag manually because there were 3 flights involved. All three checked bags were lost. Arrived late Sat. night without bags. Got call last Sunday afternoon that bags had been found. Did not receive bags until Wed. morning, despite fact that we live only 2 hours from airport, and despite AirTran "commitment" to return lost bags within 24 hours.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  26 June 2012 by K Afshar    (USA)

We flew non-stop LAX-Baltimore, then Atlanta-LAX. At check-in, our luggage was measured with a tape measure, and found to be 1 inch too big and were going to be charged an additional $45. We closed an additional outer zipper, and it passed inspection. Our carry-on was within their limits - but on both we saw other people unsuccessfully trying to stuff over-sized luggage into the overhead compartments. How did they pass inspection getting those through the plane doors? These two cross country flights had no on-board entertainment - no movies, no music; there was no food to purchase. We were given a soft drink and one bag of pretzels. The seats were very small and hard. Seats on the airport bus were far more comfortable. On the outbound flight, the attendants were upbeat; on the return flight, one attendant never smiled and was disgruntled if asked a question; the other attendant stood at the drink cart talking about her personal life with her co-worker for about 5 minutes before proceeding to hand out drinks, and then missed a row or two of passengers.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  17 May 2012 by Michele Keown    (USA)

Atlanta to San Francisco return. On the return, our flight was delayed due to aircraft damage while on the ground. Staff handled the delay much better than my usual airline (I fly out of Atlanta). They allowed passengers to deplane and handed out snacks. They kept us up-to-date on the progress. After about an hour, they passed out a customer care package with a coupon for food in the airport and a discount on air travel. After a 3-hour delay, the flight took off. Today, a couple weeks later, I received a letter in the mail offering a complimentary round-trip ticket.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  16 May 2012 by Joe Banchik    (USA)

Even though I've flown this airline only once, I'm impressed. I flew round trip to/from LGA and IND. They had free wi-fi at the time and xm radio in the armrests. On the way back from IND to LGA, I had a row to myself. I wish they still did non-stop flights to/from New York LaGuardia and Indianapolis.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  26 April 2012 by Ken Berardis    (USA)

PHL-ATL-San Antonio, had problems leaving PHL as well as ATL. A handicapped older woman needed help and attendants did nothing. Eventually myself and another flyer helped the lone airport personnel get the lady to her seat. A 35 min delay while onboard from ATL. What we left SA for Philadelphia, we were charged $30 for our suitcase that was apparently one inch over their size restrictions. I would drive to my next destination next time.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  25 April 2012 by K Smith    (USA)

Both flights on time and arrived at our destination a little early. Staff were friendly and polite, the Captain kept us informed of the weather, landing etc. Seats were a bit snug/narrow but you get what you pay for.

1 2 3 4 5 6