AirTran Airways Passenger Reviews and AirTran Airways Customer Trip Reports

1 2 3 4 5 6

AirTran Airways Customer review :  1 June 2013 by Thomas M Bogan    (USA)

My wife needed a wheelchair to get to the plane. Our seats were 25A and 26F. A call to reservations and we found that we had to wait until we get to airport. Nothing came back from customer service in response to a query there. Fortunately, the airport desk got us in the last row together. We did get a response from customer service while in Orlando and they reserved two seats in row 11 for us at no charge. That worked out well. It would have worked better if accommodations had been arranged from the outset at reservation time. But all's well that ends well.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  24 May 2013 by C Sharp    (USA)

I fly twice a month to destinations on the east coast and Midwest. Twice I have tried AirTran and each time swore I would never use them again. The seats are the most uncomfortable in the industry and the space between rows is a joke. My face was about 18 inches from the back of the seat in front of me. The padding in the seat cushions seems non-existent. By the time we landed on my last flight with AirTran I had a shooting pain in by left leg due to what felt like sitting on a metal rail the entire flight.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by Elaine McNeil    (USA)

My family of 5 flew AirTran for the 1st and last time from Boston to Orlando with a 40 minute layover in Atlanta. Plane delayed takeoff an hour due to hydraulic leak. Pilot guaranteed us we would be on time for connecting flight. Landed in Atlanta as our connecting flight was taking off. Placed on standby 3X. Ticket attendant was offering people free roundtrip tickets to anywhere if they would give up their tickets and take the flight 1 .5 hours later. 10 people gave up seats we still didn't get a seat. Never offered free tickets or even a free cup of coffee. Finally put on a flight 7 hours later. Flight originally 5.25am from Boston arriving in Orlando at 10.30am. Landed at 8.00pm with not even an apology. Trip home my husband missed the flight out of Orlando so, the airline sold his ticket to someone else. My husband was going to meet us in Atlanta. He didn't arrive on time so my 16 y/o son was in his seat because he was 5 rows back from the rest of us. I figured it wouldn't be a problem since I already paid for the ticket. The airline tried to bump my 16 y/o from the flight because they had sold my husbands ticket from Atlanta to Boston to someone else. I wanted an explanation as to why they were selling a seat that had already been paid for. Of course I got no explanation. Knees crushed, rude stewardesses. Graced with a crushed bag of pretzels and a warm cup of soda.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  21 May 2013 by J Han    (USA)

My supposed-to-be-non-stop flight from Chicago to Cancun was diverted to Atlanta for some hydraulic system issues, which delayed it for more than 2 hours. It showed how poorly their planes were maintained. Then, I got an email with apologies and $100 voucher. This $100 voucher (only valid for one year), however, means nothing to me. Who would want to be on the planes with such poor maintenance? So, I called CSR to ask a refund for my baggage fee ($45) instead of the useless voucher. And CSR declined it almost immediately.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  20 May 2013 by T Iacenda    (USA)

Flight delayed 3 times for a total of over 3 hours. No explanation. Customer reps were rude and surly. Stewardesses were unfriendly. Pilot made a joke about the delay. Flight uneventful. Bathroom is a joke. It's a broom closet with a tiny toilet. Finally landed and waited 20 mins on LAX tarmac for a gate. Avoid AirTran at all costs.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  11 May 2013 by A Caldarelli    (USA)

My complaints with this airline are rational: For starters, what is the point of an award travel (A+ Rewards) system when, on average, you can only redeem for coach class tickets 4-5 days per month? Heaven forbid any of those available dates are anywhere near a weekend. The seats are the worst I have encountered in the industry (veteran of over 20 different airlines). They offer zero leg room (I am a mere 6 ft tall). The pads in the seat are just plain uncomfortable. The gate change phenomenon is something of legend with AirTran. I think maybe it's an Atlanta thing (their hub). Gates change at will. Just be prepared to scoot when they do. Their system for tracking lost bags in insufferable. Unlike virtually every other carrier I have been on, they lack the ability to track your bag. They only know where it is when someone from AirTran can physically locate it. Take AirTran at face value: Affordable. Will you get to your destination: Yes. Will reasonable issues come up that delay your flight/vacation: Yes. Understand you get what you pay for.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  10 May 2013 by William Bowersox    (USA)

Orlando to Milwaukee on 5/5/2013. Plane was not at the gate 10 minutes before departure, gate agent said it would arrive shortly. 30 minutes later - no plane. Found out flight was delayed 2 hours. The board did not show it as delayed. I had to learn about delays from fellow passengers. We were in row 10 and were 'zone boarded' last. Nowhere to put my carryon so I was instructed to walk to the back of the plane where there were open overhead storage bins. Following AirTran rules, I had to wait until the plane was fully unloaded before I could get my bag from the back of the plane. Late flight, bad or no information about the delay, and carryon bag problems. I will not recommend AirTran.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  22 April 2013 by A Deweese    (USA)

Have flown this airline 3 times, each time with poor customer service, but kept coming back due to low prices. Last week, I flew out of Columbus, Ohio to Ft. Lauderdale. Delayed an hour from Columbus because plane was low on oil. Told flight attendant we were now going to miss our connecting flight, was told they would hold flight for us. In Ft. Lauderdale the extremely rude ticket agents said they had been announcing our names and blamed us for not being there 10 minutes before boarding and that no one had told him our flight was delayed. We were one gate over. We watch as our luggage was put onto the plane without us and were told we couldn't get on. Took them over an hour to find us new flight that did not leave for over 6 hours, but our luggage was sent without us! So many things could have been handled better to make us feel better. Won't give them my business again.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  19 April 2013 by G Zeck    (USA)

We were very disappointed with our flight from Atlanta to St. Louis on Tuesday April 16th. There was cold air blowing directly on us and we asked the flight attendant if anything could be done and she turned the vents around us off. The cold air continued to blow on us so we told another flight attendant and she said she would turn the air down in the cabin and confirmed it was cold air blowing on us. Nothing helped so I'm guessing she didn't do anything about it. We have flown many times before and never had this happen, it was very uncomfortable.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  12 April 2013 by Justin Petlakh    (USA)

PHL to FLL return. Planes were dated, tape used to fix things in the plane throughout. Business looked nice, I flew coach. Seats were very cramped thought. I encountered some friendly and some cold staff in the plane and terminal. Very "economy". The headphone jacks didn't work anywhere in any of the 2 planes. I wouldn't recommend this airline for long flights, but for shorter ones under 4 hours it's fine.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  5 April 2013 by A Yalen    (Canada)

Our party of 5 had 2 separate confirmation numbers, at the 24hr check-in only one of them worked. Because of this, the airline check-in desk at Disney would not take the bags for the one that didn't work, and would not issue boarding passes. At the airport, AirTran had no reason why the check-in wouldn't work. We could not all sit together because of this. Plane was 2.5 hrs late departing, due to not having enough flight attendants. We had to wait while a third was called in. Did we at least get a free drink or something to compensate? No. The seats of this 717 plane were like hard stadium seats. The upside was that the flight attendants were professional in appearance and manner, the flight was smooth and we got to our destination safely.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  5 April 2013 by B Fisher    (USA)

We experienced very rude gate attendants at Atlanta Airport on a layover flight from Ft Lauderdale to Indianapolis. Staff in Ft Lauderdale knew we would miss our connection in Atlanta but sent us anyway. The same with the staff in Atlanta who were not helpful at all. Basically they gave us a discount voucher for a motel and said good luck. We don't fly much and this treatment added to our stress level. I will avoid Atlanta.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  12 March 2013 by Mason Mitchell    (USA)

Overall a satisfactory experience. Being a nervous flyer, the stewardesses on my flight were excellent. Definitely cramped. I asked for a Ginger Ale and pulled down the tray table, it snapped off like a twig. The planes are old and having not flown in a few years, made me a little nervous by the appearance. I got where I needed to go and got there early on each occasion despite the layovers. Again, satisfactory experience, but I'll probably travel JetBlue next time.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  6 March 2013 by A Szast    (USA)

Flew Boeing 717 for all legs of this trip, apparently AirTran likes the sardine method of stuffing people into the plane. Seat were extremely small and padding was sparse, no knee room. Early boarding was a joke and a waste of money. Stewards were a bit terse and appeared angry. On the final leg, our connecting flight was moved from 2 gates away to the next terminal building at the last second. Made the flight with a few minutes to spare. I will not fly this airline ever again, I'd rather pay the extra money and fly a major carrier without any layovers.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  25 January 2013 by N Reichner    (USA)

My family (myself, my husband and our 2 boys) flew from PHL to Orlando on December 30. The attendants were very attentive! They were helpful to both our boys. We also flew with them on our return flight on January 6. I will definitely be flying AirTran again. Return flight was a little crowded but, nonetheless the attendants were great and very helpful!

AirTran Airways Customer review :  29 December 2012 by Holly Price    (USA)

The seats are very compact. I flew internationally to Mexico and would not recommend them for flights longer than 1 or 2 hours. No food for purchase. The worst part is the cramped seats and no entertainment. No TV's, no radio hook ups. The only entertainment is trying to figure out how to sit in the tiny seat without touching the stranger next to you.

AirTran Airways Customer review :  16 November 2012 by M Born    (USA)

First and last time on this airline. Seats are crammed together. The planes are old. My window shade kept falling down because the window trim was pulling away from the wall and couldn't support it. Some of the trims were gaping a good inch from the wall. The back of my seat rocked back and forth every time I moved which likely annoyed the passenger behind me. The seats were the hard and uncomfortable. So uncomfortable were we, the flight attendant suggested we should have upgraded to get the emergency row. Well there are only so many of those available and what we paid for this flight didn't exactly encourage us to spend more at the ticket counter. Our flights were over 3 hours across country and this was the worst experience we have had.

1 2 3 4 5 6