PAGE loading ... please wait!

Air Comet Passenger Reviews and Air Comet Customer Trip Reports

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

AIR COMET customer review :  1 December 2008 : by J Barnes

1 Star Rating

Quite simply the worst airline I've ever experienced. Every flight we booked has been cancelled/rescheduled leading to unwanted overnight stays in Madrid, hours and hours waiting in airports and loss of valuable days of holiday. The staff were generally unhelpful and rude and offer no apology or compensation for the numerous problems and extra costs to us. I'll never fly with this airline again and recommend you avoid them as it seems to very common for them to provide an awful service.

AIR COMET customer review :  22 November 2008 : by A Van Hoof

4 Star Rating

Buenos Aires to Madrid. This was the best price/quality flight we had. A new plane, friendly staff, enough food, cheap and on time. You do have to pay extra for headphones (3€), alcohol.

AIR COMET customer review :  19 November 2008 : by C Garcia

4 Star Rating

Paris-Madrid-Buenos Aires and back. What can I say, got the ticket for 521€ so actually had no expectations at all. All flights on time and planes very good (from Madrid to Buenos Aires was brand new). The plane from Buenos Aires to Madrid was a refurbished one from Air France in a decent state. Food had to be paid in Paris/Madrid leg. The food on long haul was not good but enough to survive. Cabin staff are not the friendliest though. Would fly this company again, hopefully at the same price!

AIR COMET customer review :  11 November 2008 : by Dieter Trybou

Customer Rating : 3/5

3 Star Rating

CDG-MAD-EZE return. First 3 flights on time, last one (MAD-CDG) 2h delay because of technical problems. Friendly and professional crew, decent food on long-haul (buy-on-board short haul). Planes old but well-maintained (PTV's didn't work on long-haul). You need to pay for headphones and alcoholic drinks on long-haul.

AIR COMET customer review :  7 November 2008 : by J Pope

1 Star Rating

Madrid to Lima was delayed 34 hours because it was overbooked. We were taken to a hotel first night but had to go back to the airport on the next day to get a voucher for the second night in the hotel. There were about 60 passengers in the hotel in the same situation as us. We got vouchers for compensation but there seems to be no way we can get them to pay up. I'll never fly with them again.

AIR COMET customer review :  23 October 2008 : by N du Fresne

4 Star Rating

Madrid to Paris. It was unpleasant being bussed out to their Airbus 320 in the rain and standing on the cold, wet and windy boarding stairs while people who had pushed their way to the front mucked around in the aisle stopping everyone else getting in out of the cold! The seat in front of me was broken and wouldn’t remain upright however the guy occupying it moved to another seat so that was ok. The service from check in to boarding was excellent - true the FAswere a bit grim faced but we arrived in Paris on time, although the luggage took a long time to arrive nothing was missing. Maybe some passengers could be a little more caring about others and not stick their chewing gum under the seats or take such a huge quantity of carry on luggage that they hold everyone else up both boarding and leaving.

AIR COMET review :  25 September 2008 : by M Johnson

1 Star Rating

London to Lima. First only given boarding passes for the London Madrid flight because the ground staff didn't have any of the others - meant we had to go out at Madrid to the check in desks to re arrange all this and nearly missed the connecting flight. Very chaotic altogether.Had to pay for headphones for movies but in the end screens didn't work. Water had to be begged for at the back and ran out half way through the flight. Although travelling with a companion and had booked both flights and checked in together we were seated apart. Cabin crew surly and spent the flight hiding. Lima to London - slightly nicer crew and some free peanuts - 1.5 meals on the 12 hour flight. the lights were off for most of the flight and no inflight entertainment. Again seated separately from my companion. Reading other reviews we seem to have been lucky in that we were not delayed. This is a terrible airline and on the Madrid to London leg of the flight something dropped off part of the plane - makes you wonder if this airline is at all safe. Plane from Lima was so old it had ashtrays.

AIR COMET review :  21 September 2008 : by V Martin

1 Star Rating

We flew from Gatwick to Lima via Madrid and back. Our flight to Lima was "rescheduled" by 12 hours on the outwards journey, but they did inform us of this a couple of days before. They did put us up in a Hotel and paid for all our meals while there. The problems were on the return journey - our plane was delayed by 7 hours and the staff were absolutely hopeless; no one was able to tell us why, no would could offer any advice about the connection in Madrid we were going to miss, and when we really pushed them on it they said "you'll just have to try and find a hotel". They offered us no help and expected us to go to Madrid and sort out the mess ourselves. When we reached Madrid, the staff at the Air Comet desk had not been informed that there were several passengers who had missed their connections. Generally, if you are only going to or from Madrid you're fine, if you're going any further you will have problems.

AIR COMET review : 7 September 2008 : by K Matson

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

After having read many bad reports about Aircomet (and having already bought my tickets) I was intending on writing a good review after I had flown just to even the balance a little but I'm afraid I have to say I was hugely disappointed with them as well. London to Madrid flight was reasonable although we did have an hour delay and just had to sit on the plane with no air conditioning. Once I got to Madrid instead of having a quick connection as normal I had to completely exit the airport and come in through the main entrance to join the back of the queue. Queued for an hour only to be told there is a technical problem with the plane and the flight is delayed from 3 in the afternoon until 10 that night. One good thing was that they did send us to a hotel and give us food as it was a seven hour delay. Returned to the airport as per instructions only to find there now wasn't a plane at all and merely told that there 'might' be a flight at 2 the following morning. Another trip to the hotel and then back for 2 (all taxi fares paid for by me, not the airline) and finally got through security only to find there were three planeloads of people waiting for various South America flights but there were only two planes available (all three flights had been delayed because of 'technical problems'.) Luckily for me the Quito flight was going and I eventually arrived about 12 hours late but overall very unimpressed with the level of service. Even stupid things like my friend having ordered a vegetarian meal for the return flight, being told when we checked in that she would have one and then finding no vegetarian food had been put on the flight. Frankly I think all the money went on the air hostesses outfits (dresses for day flights, kimono style trouser suits for nights - very bizarre.) Basically not worth the money at all and definitely will not be flying with them again. What's worse, after reading some of the reviews on this site, I seemed to have a reasonably 'good' flight as far as Aircomet go!

AIR COMET review : 6 September 2008 : by Jane Chappell

1 Star Rating

Gatwick to Madrid - I didnt even get to Madrid. My flight is at 10.15 am. Get there at 8am. 10.45 still no plane in sight. Then is announced that the flight has been delayed until 4.45pm. This is no good for me, I have a 2 day itinerary, now this has been vastly reduced to just one day in Madrid. I request for my bags to be returned and I leave. I am told that there will be no refund of any sorts. I am provided a cursory complaint form from the generic 'customer service' desk. Lots of others complaining now, an element of a moderate hysteria is present. The customer representatives are sullen. I have never encountered such a service, and have been a world wide traveller for many years. My unbiased advice - do not fly with this company.

AIR COMET review : 20 August 2008 : by Marc Steegen

1 Star Rating

Santiago de Chile - Madrid. Horrible experience! Confirmed the flight one day before at the office in the airport. Departure suddenly changed and was 6 hours later without prior notice or explanation - connecting flight from Madrid to Brussels was missed. Staff in Santiago constantly lying and ignoring our request to inform Madrid and Brussels Airlines of our delay. After 4 hours pleading a supervisor was willing to send an e-mail to Madrid. Very old, basic Airbus, broken seats, no inflight entertainment whatsoever, worst food ever - fortunately the plane was half empty so we could lay down on a row of 4 seats. At arrival in Madrid the Air Comet staff was unwilling to assist us further, as we missed the connection to Brussels. This company does not belong in the skies.

AIR COMET review : 31 July 2008 : by Roy Parker

1 Star Rating

Was supposed to be flying with this company Madrid-Montego Bay. After a three hour delay in Madrid the plane was substituted with Iberworld. Which was a good flight. Food was good, free drinks etc, not sure if this was because of the delay. Return flight was again replace by Iberworld, this time different story still 3 hrs delay, but food was bad surly staff. Never told why the delays.

AIR COMET review : 26 July 2008 : by G Glenn

1 Star Rating

London to Santiago Chile via Madrid. First leg cheapo, but friendly crew - no food. Madrid to Santiago cramped and inedible food. Return flight resheduled at last minute for 3 hours later - no notification. Central lights and entertainment didn't work so lights turned off for most of flight at 8pm "to allow passengers to sleep" ins pite of many complaints. Very unfriendly staff. I only paid just over Ģ500 for the flight but it was not good value for money. Would have to be several hundred pounds cheaper to get me to fly with them again, they even managed to make Iberia look like a half decent airline.

AIR COMET review : 13 June 2008 : by D Moore

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

London to Lima return, via Madrid. Having heard a lot about delays and big queues I was happy to have neither on my trip. But the actual journey on the planes was terrible. Plane out from Madrid to Lima was very old, seats were broken etc. Had individual tv sets but you had to pay for headphones. Mine was completely broken. When I asked if I could move the steward shrugged and walked off. I took that as a yes and moved. Fell asleep and was woken up by very rude stewardess shouting asking why I had moved - explained that my seat and tv set were broken. She then moved me to a different seat for no reason I can work out except to prove to me that I shouldn't have moved without her specific say so. Food was bad. Flight back was better - staff more polite, seats not broken and shared tvs that did work - only weird thing was that the films (which were English/American films) were only available to listen to in Spanish and French! I asked if I could listen to it in English - got another shrug. Gave up and went to sleep. It was okay I guess - you think "well, the service won't be the best because it is the cheapest" but come on, it's not that cheap. It's still a pricey service that you have bought so you should still expect fair service. I'd think twice about going with them again, the flight takes such a long time that if you're uncomfortable and miserable it can feel like forever!

AIR COMET review : 7 June 2008 : by J Gillespie

4 Star Rating

The airline website was a little ghetto, but I recently did a roundtrip from Gatwick to Madrid. Everything went smoothly and on time. Their policy for 6 kg max carryon was not enforced to me in London but was in Madrid unfortunately, and also I found a cheaper flight by booking with Orbitz instead of from Air Comet directly. All in all though I would probably fly again.

Air Comet review by Barry Rowe

3 June 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Flew last weekend from Gatwick to Madrid. As good as any of the low-cost carriers. Left 20 mins late, but arrived on time. Return flight to schedule. Plane clean and stewardesses very friendly and interactive with our two small children

Air Comet review by S Fleet

25 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Lima - Madrid. I think this rates as the worst flight I have ever taken. The flight was delayed/resheduled from 11.00 until 16.30 and then left one hour later, arriving in Madrid an hour late - my bag was not transferred in time to my connecting flight. The business class ticket (Which was not cheap) provided poor food, a broken seat, no working entertainment system, no apology from the staff for any of the problems and none of the service you would expect to receive in Business class. It was difficult to locate cabin staff as they were never in the cabin. Air Comet also filled all the seats in business class with economy passengers and served the food to them before the 4 business class passengers. (Identifiable because we were the only passengers provided with table cloths). If Air Comet don't what to provide a business class service don't offer it. I shall never fly with them again.

Air Comet review by Deb Barrett

25 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Flew Buenos Aires to Madrid. Service was very slow ,catering very poor. We had to pay for alcoholic drinks on an 11 hour 45 mins flight. The light above my seat was left on all night as the crew could not switch it off. The crew were miserable, no warmth or smiles.

Air Comet review by N Ramirez

17 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Lima-Madrid with AirComet - worst flight ever. We had a 12 hours delay, the new connecting flights they had given us in the check-in counter in Lima were non-existent! They had given out non-existent flights to Vienna, London and Frankfurt. How can an airline do such a thing? Finally we got to Viena with an 18 hour delay. I will never travel with Air Comet again.

Air Comet review by H Jedry

17 March 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Air Comet flight 980 on 01 March 2008 from San Jose (Costa Rica) to Madrid. At the airport in San Jose, 2 hours wait in the queue, total chaos in front of the check-in counters. The flight left with a 5 hour delay and despite the fact it was sold as a non stop flight - took a 3 hours detour to refuel and to take on board 12 passengers in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic). Onboard broken sits, air condition did not work, no forks for dinner and poor service. The flight arrived 6 hours late in Madrid and it was the worst flight I have been on. But the worst was still to come. My connecting flight to Frankfurt was already gone and other alternative flights too. I waited 3 hours at Air Comet service counter, the agent there was extremely rude and sent me away with no help at all. I had to spend a night in Madrid and purchase a new ticket to get home. Air Comet refused to take any responsibility for whatsoever. I will never fly with Air Comet again and I would never recommend this airline to anyone.

Air Comet review by David Shipman

11 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Good service travelling from Madrid to Lima. Some technicality stopped us from leaving Madrid for two hours but we made up some time, landing an hour late. Service was good I was expecting far worse and was pleasantly surprised!

Air Comet review by Tony Hartley

4 February 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Business class - I wasn't expecting the earth. MAD-EZE A310 had to stop off in Natal for fuel so 1.5 half hours late arriving, but informed all the way. Food not good but service excellent. Economy was full, Business half empty. Seats as are not lay flat and I was surprised I slept for over 5 hours - didn't find seats too narrow. A good experience for the money.

Air Comet review by T Waite

21 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I am now back in Europe and here is the second part of my report on Comet Air. I travelled Business Class and thus has use of the Aerosur lounge as Santa Cruz Bolivia. The lounge is modest with two computer terminals for the free use of travellers. There is a delicious selection of fresh fruit juices on offer and plenty of coffee. Thats about it apart from a few tired crisps and some peanuts. If you need food it can be provided at a very modest cost. I didnīt bother as I knew I would get a meal on the plane. The staff in the lounge were delightful. THe flight from Santa Cruz to Madrid was, as usual packed in economy and half full in business. If you travel business donīt expect special boarding facilities. You take your chance with the rest. Once onboard I discovered it was the same plane that I travelled out on and I was assigned the same seat. As I previously said, it was a bit on the small side and reclining only. Immediately after takeoff drinks were served and then a hot meal. I took a salad, mashed potatoes and steak with a very good Rioja. Again, no frills but quite OK. The alternative was pasta. Then came the surprise - I reclined my seat, covered myself with a blanket and slept soundly for seven hours. I canīt ever remember doing so in Virgin Upper Class or Qantas First. Yes, the seat was narrow and yes it didn't go flat but I slept. The staff were friendly and spoke English. The inflight entertainment was rubbish and as I never watch or listen on board a plane this was of no concern to me whatsoever. However, if you are an addict take your own video or what have you. I am writing this in Madrid where I am staying for the night before going on to London. What do I conclude. Well, if you want to go to Bolivia from Europe, which is a lovely country, then it is going to be an expensive journey. If, like me, you dislike going through the USA given all the restriction and checks now imposed then Madrid is the other option. My flights were on time. Yours may not be who knows. I travelled perfectly well and saved well over a thousand pounds. I guess if you travel in the back of the plane it might be a bit restricted but, you pay your money etc. By the way, I did not lose luggage nor was I unacceptably late. Thats about as truthful as I can be. I may have been fortunate but there is little reason why you ought not to be as fortunate. In conclusion I suppose the secret of travelling is to relax and make the best of what turns up. I have had to do that when travelling in the USA First Class through a meal time and have been offered a bag of pretzels!

Air Comet review by Julián Gil

17 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I was tempted by the prospect of saving 150 euros (which today is something like 220 USD!) on a MAD- London flight, so I went ahead and booked Air Comet. MAD-Gatwick, check-in took 3 minutes. The plane was a tired, rather worn-out A320. IFE was non-existent, and they were selling you bad food for unflattering prices. Some flight attendants were polite, others clearly didn't want to be there. I was pleasantly surprised--I had read horror stories about the delays. I'll wait until the return leg to figure out if I'm flying with them again, but the first flight turned out to be a great bargain.

Air Comet review by T Waite

9 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

I was almost put off Air Comet by the reviews but as they flew to Bolivia at half the cost of other airlines I decided to try them. Being very tall I did travel business class. The flight from London to Madrid had no business class but I was put in the front row and there was ample room in the new aircraft for my long legs. The business lounge at London and Madrid Airport was excellent. The long (12 hours plus) flight to Santa Cruz was packed in economy and half full in business. The plane was new and the staff polite and attentive. The seats were a little smaller than normal business seats but as this is not a popular business route fully reclining beds are not installed. They did recline of course and were OK with plenty of leg room. Meals, very good. A hot lunch with drinks and a cold meal before landing. I never bother with video so the small programme on offer did not trouble me. I am told that the airline does have problems with lateness but my flight was only one hour late arriving again this did not bother me as I was going directly to my hotel. The airline staff were polite and attentive. The airline lacks the frills of some business class but as business class by any other airline to this part of the world costs about twice the price of Air Comet I can put up with minor differences. I will report on my return journey later this month so that readers can have a full picture of one man's experience. So far a very fair and good deal.

Air Comet review by D Sweeney

8 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

Madrid to Margarita on 17th December - this was the worst airline I have ever been on. It was on time but that is all I can say in its favour. The light above my daughter's seat was going on and off all through the outward flight. The staff were not very good with the service. On the homeward flight, the light above my seat did not work at all and we were not able to read at all during the flight. Service once again not good. On both flights there were no video facilities - a 9 hour flight and no entertainment provided. I believe this airline is going back to the dark ages and not being brought into the 21st century.

Air Comet review by Margaret Tolan

9 December 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Madrid to Lima return and was pleasantly surprised. The flights were on time and the staff very attentive (more so on the outbound flight) - they were smartly dressed and came round during the flight many times with drinks and water which were free. The first plane was the A340 was very comfortable with plenty of legroom in economy - the second plane an older A330 was not quite as comfortable but still plenty of legroom and quite adequate. I have a bad back and did not suffer much discomfort even though the flights were 12 hours plus. I would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Air Comet review by Cherie Rivero

6 September 2007  Customer Trip Rating : 1 Star Rating

I flew with a group of collegues from Lima to Madrid and then from Madrid to Gatwick on 25th and 26th August. This is the worst airline I have ever travelled on. There was a three hour delay from Lima, then a two hour detour to refuel in Tenerife. Worse was still to come. The flight from Madrid was delayed by 9 hours. During this time we recieved no information as to why the flight was delayed, no comments at all from Air Comet Staff and no food or drink during the delay. A couple of us went back out from the departure lounge to the check in desk to see if we could find out any further information. The girls on the desk were not helpful, they couldn't give us any further information other than the plane was in another country and they were waiting for it to airrive. When the plane did arrive - it was not one of theirs but Air India's and also Air India's crew (Who incidentially were the only ones that apologised for the delay and were great). When we asked for complaint forms - we were told that they had run out and to ask when we arrived at Gatwick. Well of course when we arrived at Gatwick it was 12.30 in the morning and there was no-one from Air Comet available. Many of us missed connecting flights and had to wait for another in the morning. We also had to purchase new tickets. This airline should be held accountable and should adhere to the passengers charter - which they obviously don't. I agree with the other comments 1 star is one star too many for this airline.

PAGE:  1 | 2 |