Airnorth Passenger Reviews and ABC Customer Trip Reports

Airnorth Star ranking

Airnorth
8.5 out of 10  8.5 out of 10

PAGE:   1 | 2 |

AIRNORTH Customer review :  16 July 2014 by D Olsson    (Australia)

I have to put in some severe criticism of Airnorth's customer service during the ash cloud disruption in June. My original morning flight on Sat 31 May Dili-Darwin was cancelled - fair enough. Airport staff thought it might operate in the afternoon and sent us home. The call centre told about midday that they hadn't decided what to do yet but would contact everyone later. About 3pm I got a call from the Qantas call centre to reschedule connecting flights and they saw in the system that Airnorth had rebooked me for 5pm Sunday. Then on Sunday morning, I looked at Airnorth's website and it said that my 5pm flight had been changed to 12.45pm so I rushed off to the airport. It turned that was wrong and we were sent home. The call centre isn't open on Sundays so I had no idea what was happening. Eventually I saw on Darwin airport's website that the incoming fight had been cancelled (all other airlines operated normally from Dili and Darwin that afternoon). Airnorth eventually called at 7pm to tell me I was rescheduled for 5pm Monday. Normally Airnorth flights have been fine - on time, good staff, limited food but only short flights anyway. However, they really can't handle anything unusual and, given their monopoly on many routes, they probably won't bother to improve.

AIRNORTH Customer review :  1 July 2014 by Michael Little    (Australia)

Darwin to Kununurra in an E-170. Comfortable 2-abreast seating and a smooth flight. However, there was a confusing beginning in Darwin as the departures screen said "go to gate" but did not give a gate number! Eventually a barely audible "last call" announcement was made. The service on-board was friendly. A pack of two small muffins and orange juice was served. The flight operated on time.

AIRNORTH Customer review :  28 April 2014 by M Rowe    (Australia)

DWN-TSV, then GCA-DWN - April 2014. Flight down was direct, on time and with good inflight service. Return flight via MT ISA less pleasing, mainly because the FA's jammed us all together, despite a number of rows of empty seats at the front of the plane. I hate having to ask to move once seated and with carry on in the o/head lockers. There was no need (that I can see) to stack us that way and it just left a bad taste in the mouth. Food on the return flights was similarly 'bad' in the mouth. 1st leg was a beef curry (very boarding school type muck) and 2nd leg described as a chicken wrap which turned out to be a beef wrap. Too bad if you were allergic and took a bite (surprise!).

AIRNORTH Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Lynn Morshead    (Australia)

TSV-DRW-TSV: We chose to fly with Air North because of good connection flight times when returning from our overseas holiday. We arrived in Darwin at 4.50am after being in transit for 12 hrs from an overseas destination, we were scheduled to fly back to Townsville on the 7.00am flight, which was perfect. Air North changed the flight schedule, our new departure time was 1.45pm. An increased wait of 6.45 hours at Darwin airport. I contacted Air North and inquired if any assistance could be given to us, meal voucher, half day accommodation etc. I received an email from the Marketing and Communications Manager who sighted their rules of carriage and provided us with details of a local motel for us to contact, no assistance was offered, not even a coffee voucher! We were very disappointed in Air Norths lack of customer care and would not recommend using Air North especially when connecting to/from International flights.

AIRNORTH Customer review :  31 March 2014 by E John    (Australia)

TSV-DRW-TSV flight out on time, the aircraft was clean and comfortable, certainly more personal space on the Embraer 170 then you get on other economy flights in Australia. The cabin wasn't full, so after take off it was a matter of grabbing a pair of seats to myself. A light morning meal of sandwiches, water, coffee/tea and a small chocolate was complimentary. The return flight was delayed 7 hours, and advice was received about this the afternoon before by email and SMS. Two hot meal options offered on that flight, one vegetarian, the other sausages and mash. Beer wine and spirits were complimentary on this leg, perhaps owing to the long delay, I didn't ask, I just enjoyed having two seats to myself again, and kicked back with a fee Jim Beam and cola's. Flight attendants professional and attentive.

AIRNORTH Customer review :  19 August 2013 by P De Figueiredo    (Australia)

Return DRW-DIL. Efficient boarding, on-time, helpful cabin attendants. Flight out provided minimal catering though this was a late afternoon flight. Return flight was early morning, good breakfast akin to what I would normally have at home. In-flight magazine had really interesting articles and was adequate reading for the one hour flight. No complaints at all. No charge for exceeding baggage allowance by 1kg on return flight.

AIRNORTH review :  19 August 2013 by S Altham (Australia)

Broome to Kununurra, then Kununurra to Perth on ERJ 170. All flights on time, fairly basic food but professional cabin service with 2 FA's keen to please. Seat rows are 2x2 and the seat pitch seems to be greater than economy in the newer 737's operated by Qantas mainline. A neat little aircraft. Love their direct service now three times between Perth and Kununurra - the only airline providing this service, and also appreciate their 'milk runs' which allow easy connections several times a week between Karratha, Port Hedland, Broome, Kununurra and Darwin. A dependable airline serving the remote bits of WA and other carriers could learn a lesson or two.

AIRNORTH review :  13 July 2009 by Michael Little (Australia)

Kununurra-Broome in an ERJ-170. A very pleasant flight. The seat pitch and light refreshments were fine for such a short leg. The seats have comfortable adjustable headrests. The service was friendly and the flight departed and arrived 20 minutes early.

AIRNORTH review : 25 November 2008 : by G Gruber

Customer Rating :  4/5

4 Star Rating

DPS-DRW. Great and friendly staff on board. Flight was on time. Aircraft (Embraer) looks new. I'll fly again with this company.

AIRNORTH review : 22 September 2008 : by J Hassett

Customer Rating :  5/5

5 Star Rating

DPS-DRW on Embraer E170. This is a great little airline and a great little plane. Comfy seats with plenty of legroom, free alcoholic drinks and a hot snack. They even served double drinks, which is something I hadn't encountered in economy in a long time. Meal was a choice of hot meat or chicken pie, plus cheese and crackers and a Twix. Service very friendly. Being such a small plane, getting through immigration in Darwin was a breeze, and the luggage was already on the belt when I got there. Customs was also easy. Unfortunately, Airnorth are ceasing operations this route at the end of January 2009.

PAGE:   1 | 2