Airblue Passenger Reviews and Airblue Customer Trip Reports

Airblue Customer review :  20 April 2014 by Saad Khan    (Pakistan)

ISB-KHI-ISB in the first week of February. Equipment was A319, pretty cramped seating. There was no IFE but given the domestic leg it was not a big deal. Crew got their job done in serving the tiny sandwiches (more like bite size) and drinks. Other airlines serve better meals for the same fare. Flight was delayed 2 hours without any reason given. On return leg, the delay was 90 minutes, again without any reason. Airblue is OK value for money on domestic routes but delays seem to be perennial.

Airblue Customer review :  28 January 2014 by Isha Ishaque    (UK)

29 Dec 2013. MAN-Islamabad flight delayed by 3 hours. Very disorganised. No inflight entertainment, no entertainment for children. Cabin crew (females) more concerned about their appearance than passengers. Cleanliness was atrocious, dried food stuck on seats and food inside seat gaps and front pockets. When opened the food table dried rice and tea or coffee stain found. When asked to clean it just wiped down with dry tissue no disinfectant used. Safety demo were fast and not understandable. Cabin crew and pilot talking through speakers - nothing was understood. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Airblue Customer review :  10 December 2013 by T Khan    (UK)

MAN-ISB on 22nd Nov 2013 and ISB-MAN on 6th Dec 2013. All I can say is avoid at all cost. I was attracted by the fact that the fares seemed to be about 50-80 cheaper than PIA. Outbound flight was scheduled for departure at 22.00, didn't depart until 01.10. Aircraft was an A340, described as the "latest technology" on their website, there was no inflight entertainment. No music, no TV, no screen. The flight attendants didn't have a clue where we were during the flight. One was asked how long was left before landing, she replied "about 2 hours". A few minutes later, another attendant passed and we asked her, she went to the flight deck and returned and said "35 minutes"! The service was rubbish. They came out to serve the meals, took away the waste and then disappeared for 4 hours, hiding behind their curtains in the galley area. All I could hear from other passengers was "first and last time". Next time, I will pay the extra fare and fly with PIA or Emirates.

Airblue Customer review :  14 November 2013 by P Barker    (Australia)

With its new web site this airline has gone from being Pakistan's best to Pakistan's worse. You can no longer change bookings online. You cannot ring their contact numbers from outside Pakistan to change your booking. Booking change fees have doubled. And you now loose your money as you can't get a refund on a credit card ticket. Obviously Air Blue is now no longer interested in international passengers, including dual national Pakistanis living overseas.

Airblue Customer review :  11 November 2013 by Ahmer Khan    (UK)

My family was booked for Airblue from Manchester to Islamabad. They flight time was 2230 got delayed till 05:45 next morning, then got further delayed to 06:15. This is not the first time this has happened to the passengers. It is highly unprofessional. Their website has no links for complaints or disclosing of any rights for claiming compensation for delayed flights and inconvenience. Absolutely rubbish airline to book. The only reason I am stuck with this airline is because it flies direct to Pakistan.

Airblue Customer review :  28 October 2013 by Raja Maroof    (UK)

MAN-ISB on 4th August. Flight delayed 24 hours! No apology given and no explanation, only found out later that they did not have a pilot to fly the plane back to Islamabad! Even though Airblue has acquired bigger plane for this non-stop route, the seat width and comfort is still same as before, put simply its uncomfortable for such long haul flight. There is no inflight entertainment as they have taken the Seat-back TV screens off every seat so 9 hour long flight is pretty boring unless you take your iPad or a book with you. Got served two meals, firstly a very minimalist dinner with rice, chicken and some salad. About 2 hours before landing they served second so- called meal which was just a chicken role and a drink. Staff seemed clueless and not very helpful. Return flight on 20th October from Islamabad was again delayed by 3 hours. Airblue staff checking-in the passengers on their laptops so it seems that they are not allowed to use proper airport facilities either or could it be a cost- cutting measure. After the announcement for boarding all the passengers were filled into mini buses to be taken to the plane. When reached near the plane the buses took U-turn and came back to terminal without any explanation. Staff then told that due to catering service delay captain has asked them not to start the boarding process yet! They lack service, commitment, care and are a very poor value for money. I will never recommend this airline to anyone, pay little bit extra and you will avoid long delays, cramped seating, poor and minimalistic food, rude unhelpful staff and overall a very badly organised airline.

Airblue Customer review :  16 October 2013 by Salman Khan    (UAE)

Abu Dhabi to Lahore. Flight delayed 2.5 hours. Reached Lahore after 2.5 hour delay but misery was not over. It took 2 hours for luggage to be transferred from aircraft to the luggage belt. So, overall delay was 4.5 hours including everything. Inflight staff weregood in behavior. No inflight entertainment. Food was fresh and good, a chicken wrap with cold drinks/juices and tea/coffee. Table was dirty, I had to clean it myself using tissue before I could eat. During online booking, I reserved window seats, however at check in, they issued me aisle seats. When I inquired about my online reservation, the staff were very rude in letting me know that they did not have window seats available. I would not recommend!

Airblue Customer review :  14 October 2013 by Mohammed Shah    (UK)

Return Manchester to Islamabad, both times plane was delayed with no apologies, service was appalling, staff were unfriendly, food was awful. Would not recommend this service. Though they may be slightly cheaper, shop around and use another service.

Airblue Customer review :  11 September 2013 by M Nazeeb    (UK)

Recently went from MAN-ISB, delayed for more than 2 days. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 21.50pm on Friday night ended up going on Monday at 1am. We went through customs a total number of 3 times. They did give a us a hotel on both nights, first night was in Manchester, then on the second night a Birmingham hotel as they were no hotels available in Manchester. What a joke. They fed us chips and beans throughout the time despite the fact it was Ramadan in Aug. The flight overall was ok and the food was good, and you expect baggage to come within the hour which it did. On the way we experienced a 5 hour delay, however at the start they had cancelled the flight. I would never go on this airline again even if you paid me. Am going to stick with PIA, though they not as good as Emirates.

Airblue Customer review :  24 June 2013 by Waseem Shahzad    (UK)

March 2013 from Manchester to Islamabad and back in April 2013. Take off 30 minutes late, we didn't get any drinks nor any food for the 1.5-2 hours. After the food they just left the drinks trolley on its own. The seat arm with all the light and fan buttons - none were functioning. They left the lights on during the night flight which made it very difficult to sleep. Served good food and service was ok.

Airblue Customer review :  14 May 2013 by Mohammed Ajeeb    (UK)

Manchester to Islamabad return. The quality of food was appalling, the service was awful and check in staff in Islamabad were rude and totally lost. They charged extra Airport tax from some passengers and some they let go without asking for it. The flight was nearly 1.5 hours late from Islamabad. Instead of blaming their staff for inefficiency they blamed the passengers. Some of the food was stale. Requests for drinking water were ignored or dealt with half an hour later. I shall never travel this airline again.

Airblue Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Erik Jenner    (Germany)

KHI-DXB. Had to go earlier to DXB, change of booking was very easy, check-in was a little bit slow, but ground staff very friendly. Flight was very early in the morning, so after the check in I fell asleep. The friendly ground staff woke me up at the last minute. Flight was on time, the plane in good condition, nice seats and good legroom. On the flight they served a hot snack and hot and cold drinks. Would fly them again.

Airblue Customer review :  15 January 2013 by S Ahmed    (UK)

MAN-ISN direct. Flight delayed 26 hours! After sitting at the airport for 6 hours, we were taken to a hotel room. Six hours later they took us back to the airport and we had to spend the remaining hours at the airport. Served chips, 3 times in 26 hours (this was them taking care of us). When we eventually took off, there were no flight entertainment. It took them 1.5 hrs to serve food. 3 hours later somebody came to pick up the rubbish. Throughout they left the lights on (on a night flight). No air conditioning in the air and no leg room.

Airblue Customer review :  14 April 2012 by O Liaquat    (UAE)

LHR-AUH, A319. At check-in told the flight was delayed 3 hours, however airport information board did not show this delay. After 30 mins, the flight was delayed 2 more hours. After 3 hours, it was delayed another 7 hours. No responsible person from the airline available for answering queries. In spite of 12 hours delay, no hotel room provided. The food given in the lounge was not worth eating. All this while there was no airline staff to facilitate or compensate on anything. A 15 hours delay, and no compensation whatsoever. The plane itself was very cramped. The air hostess friendly, and food was fine.

Airblue Customer review :  25 November 2011 by R Maroof    (UK)

MAN-ISB-MAN (via Ankara). Outbound flight was over 2 hrs late but got a call from Airblue staff 5 hrs before departure time informing me of this. Check-in staff were friendly. Take off was nearly 3 hrs late on small airbus A319 which obviously is not designed for over 4000 miles flight. Seating is configured in 3x3 setting and very cramped. Aircraft was full on both legs of the journey, no inflight entertainment at all. Meal was excellent though, drinks were served frequently as well as on demand. Flight crew were friendly and willing to help but noticed that they are generally slow in serving meals. Upon landing at ISB baggage was out quickly. Inbound flight from ISB was delayed by 30 mins, one hot meal served and from Ankara to MAN only a wrap with a drink was served which I found inadequate for 10.5 hr flight. Overall I found Airblue to be average. Cheaper option compared to others, excellent food, good inflight staff. However small plane which is painfully cramped and seating inadequate for long haul flight with a lack of inflight entertainment.

Airblue Customer review :  22 October 2011 by Ashhad Faizan    (Canada)

KHI-LHE, A319.The service was fine with Chicken wrap, chips and Biscuit. The comfort level was good and aircraft was clean and tidy as well. However staff seemed to lack a bit professionalism. No inflight entertainment provided. Air blue can be considered as an option against ever inflating fares of PIA.

AIR BLUE customer review :  6 September 2011 by M Akram (UK)

Manchester to Islamabad with my family on a return trip. When I opened my dinner table it was filthy with food staining. Cabin crew did not appear to care about passengers, either due to being short staffed or ignorance. A passenger next to me asked for a paracetamol tablet which took 20 mins to arrive after having to ask for the second time. On my return trip, the table enclosure was even dirtier, even the safety card had a big lump of old food stuck on it. Our flight was 30 mins late on departure from Manchester. On my return the check-in desk at Islamabad is inefficient, we waited over 45 mins to be served. We were given 3 seats together and 2 other seats away from each other. The attitude of Air blue cabin crew could be more courteous.

AIR BLUE review : 14 July 2009 : by N Ahmed

Customer Rating : 1/5

1 Star Rating

I flew Air Blue for the first (and last) time. My flight from Islamabad to Dubai was late by 3 hours. The worst part was the attitude of the ground staff which was very rude and discourteous. Whenever they were requested for any information about the reasons of delaying, they will not give any proper answer and instead of showing any empathy towards passengers , they were rude and showing attitude. One lady among the ground staff even started passing nasty remarks and made fun of the waiting passengers. I have made up my mind not to travel by Air Blue again and I advise all those who read these comments that go for the better choices available.

AIR BLUE review : 7 November 2008 : by H Janes

Customer Rating : 2/5

2 Star Rating

Heathrow to Islamabad return. The worst travel experience I have ever had. Flight delayed by 11 hours outbound and 2 hours on return. On both occasions no information was given and staff repeatedly told us "15 minutes" and that there were "problems with the plane" (not what any one wants to hear just before take off!). Staff were uniformly rude and unhelpful and there was no in flight entertainment at all - even the route screens were out of order. I will not be using air blue again.

Air Blue review - by D Knight

27 August 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 3 Star Rating

LHE - DXB last week - boarding was a bit of an issue with a mini bus trying to ferry everybody to the stand, but apart from that happy with service and will use again. Far from the worst budget airline I have used

Air Blue review - by Nadim Alam

21 January 2008  Customer Trip Rating : 4 Star Rating

Lahore to Karachi. Cant argue with their overall service, quality nor staff. They served a full meal on the 9pm flight. Slight delay on outbound, baggage arrived promptly and all in all no complaints at all.

Air Blue review - by Saiqa Liaqat

23 July 2007  Customer Trip Rating : n/a

Manchester to Islamabad in Business class. The check in has got to be the worst I have experienced. They had three desks open, where 1 was meant to be for business class customers. Passengers were so frustrated with the unacceptably long delays that they were using all three desks. It took us 1.5 hours waiting in the shorter business class queue to check in. The check in personnel were surly, tired and clueless. Despite the fact we had paid for business class seats he gave us economy tags for hand luggage and check in baggage - (priority tags were added to all checked in baggage). He did not direct us to any lounges or fast track and when questioned said they all closed at 7.30 pm and therefore he thought it best we go to the gate. The flight left at 11pm, after demanding some food or refreshments they started serving us in business class at 2am! Each passenger was served one at a time. Once the first passenger had been served each course and had finished each course and then coffee did she move onto the next passenger. At 3am we finally got served. We were stopped by the flight attendant from using the toilets as they were for business class customers (remember she had served us a meal not too long earlier). I wonder if Air Blue train their personnel? We had to disembark for the re fuel in Turkey (this took an hour). At Islamabad despite having priority tags on our luggage all business class passengers were left waiting until the end. All of the economy passengers had left the airport before our luggage came through. Maybe priority in Air Blue language means send it out last? If you like us were concerned about the service from PIA and were looking for better value for money, convenient flight times and good service and therefore are thinking of Air Blue - DON'T. Air Blue have got to be the worst airline I have ever flown. The service is appalling; the staff are rude and should not be in employment. I recognise that Air Blue offer discounts, these do not compensate you for the poor service, long delays and problems at both airports.

Air Blue review - by Zeeshan Shah

20 March 2007

I flew on Air Blue for the first time during my recent trip to Pakistan from Karachi to Islamabad, and then from Lahore to Karachi. Overall I had a pleasant experience as the flights departed and arrived on time, the food was reasonable, and purchasing tickets online was a breeze (as compared to PIA). I especially liked the service in the terminal before I checked in as you are welcomed and directed to the counter you need to check in at. The only complaints I had was the silly inflight entertainment which was being shown as I would preferred seeing information with regards to the flight (location, speed, time to distance, etc.), and the service in Business Class was quite similar to that of PIA.

Air Blue review - by Kurt Mueller

26 June 2006

KHI-DXB on AirBlue, Y-class. Paid Rs 8,200 for the ticket, putting it on par with EK and PK (which both had no seats). Check in unusual, with the female check-in agent managing to process me without a greeting, a smile or a thank you. Gate procedure friendlier, got a "have a nice flight". Full flight with a mixed clientele. Chap on seat next to me had his bare feet on the seat cushion all the way (except during meal). Sitting in the forward of two exit rows, I was wondering why my seat back was getting so many impacts from behind. Upon checking, I found the pax behind me was lying low in his seat (head virtually on the seat cushion) with his feet up my backrest. Meal tasty and very nicely presented (real china!). Mobile phones already in use during final approach. Flight on time and baggage on conveyor within a few minutes of arrival.

Air Blue review - by Omar Hassan

19 January 2005

Read latest AirBlue flight review.     Click Here

Air Blue review - by Omar Hassan

20 September 2004

KHI to ISB on Airblue, on AB 204 21st Aug. The check in was a breeze due to the new electronic check in system they have introduced. The plane was a brand new A-320, with beautiful furnishing in blue decor. The flight attendents were all female and were fresh young faces compared to the PIA crew I was used to before. A full meal was served in custom made crockery, which is unheard of else where specially in economy. Flight left karachi on the dot and landed on schedule.