Air Astana Customer Reviews and Air Astana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Astana Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Heckman Janet    (Kazakhstan)

April 4, KC951 from Almaty to Astana. Return April 4 from Astana to Almaty, KC854. Had the pleasure of flying Air Astanas new 767 service between Astana and Almaty. It was the best domestic economy class sevice I have flown. Each seat has in seat videos with the latest films, tv, music etc. I had a choice of international newspapers as well as a warm sandwich and drink. As usual the crew were smiling, multi lingual and well dressed. The seats had a good tilt.

Air Astana Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Callaghan Colin    (Kazakhstan)

I use Air Astana regularly since I have moved to work in Kazakhstan and currently prefer it to the other airlines I have used. I try to arrange my trips back to the UK around the direct flights to LHR. I have never experienced a delayed or cancelled flight, the staff are well-trained and generally open and friendly and the food is not exceptional, but is of a consistently good quality. I usually travel economy class, though on the occasions when I have used business class it has been a good experience.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Mete Sarlak    (Turkey)

Flight KC912, April 2nd from Istanbul to Almaty. It was a fantastic flight, crew helpful and smiling. All announcements very clear, understandable and most important things for me multi-language Turkish, English, Russian and Kazakh. The way aircraft was new.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Yergeshbayev Nurbek    (Kazakhstan)

I have been using the services of Air Astana for years. Always a pleasure to travel, starting from the convenient way of purchasing the ticket and excellent relation of crew members. I quite often take the domestic flights, around two times a month, and therefore comfort is crucial for me. In January I travelled to Frankfurt from Astana. As usual, right from boarding until landing, it was an enjoyable journey.

Air Astana Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Charles Clarke    (Kazakhstan)

Flying from Almaty to KL, KC935 was very good, we had an excellent inflight meal and the staff on the plane were helpful and friendly. The seats were comfortable and the leg room was good. I was able to check in online and then at the airport changed my seat to the emergency exit seats due to the extra leg room with no problems at all. Kuala Lumpur is fantastic and as we head towards George Town we are looking forward to exploring more of Malaysia and of course the return flight with Air Astana.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lindblom Anna-Karin    (Kazakhstan)

Flight KC907, March 21st and back on KC908, March 26th. I flew with my family from Almaty to Delhi and back and we were all very happy with the flights. The crew was nice and attentive, departures were on time and we really enjoyed the time onboard.

Air Astana Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Wölfert Friedhelm    (Germany)

KC 110 and KC 949, 31st January. KC 950, 18th February. Air Astana is a very good airline. Staff are friendly and helpful. Because of the demonstrations in Bangkok we had to rebook our flights. Air Astana offered us a free upgrade to Ho Chi Minh City, though the ticket was more expensive.

Air Astana Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Geoffrey Savage    (Kazakhstan)

I was lucky enough to be on one of Air Astana's new Boeing 767s returning from Bangkok to Almaty on the 12th January 2014. My business class seat was worth paying the extra over economy with the full lay flat seat and lots of room to spread out with a wide side table. Over the time I've been flying Air Astana I have seen them polishing their cabin service and the professionalism and presentation of the staff is of a high standard. Beverage service was very good although the food let the otherwise excellent travel experience down a little, the meal was below par for business class. This was in contrast to the trip down to Bangkok and all previous international flights with Air Astana where the food has been very good.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 January 2014 by T Pinkstone    (UK)

Not a bad flight but the use of an ageing 757 with seats that looked like they belonged in the 1970s were a disappointment given the trumpeting of their "new" business class on their website - I think this is more than disingenuous but Air Astana are hardly alone in this. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lack of business lounge in ALA a major minus. Food average. All in all fair service as it should be noted that this is half the price of BA.

Air Astana Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Ilyassov Magzhan    (Kazakhstan)

My family of 2 adults and 2 children flew from Astana to Abu Dhabi (non-stop) and back via Almaty. Although it was a New year vacation period with heavy passenger load, all services - starting with tickets sales to luggage delivery were efficient and precise. On our way back we flew a brand new Boeing-767 and it was the best plane I have taken so far. We had to stay in Almaty for a night because of the weather conditions and "Air Astana" provided us with great rooms in a downtown hotel and round trip transfer. Staff were polite, professional and competitive.

Air Astana Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Dmitry Kuzin    (Russia)

PEK-ALA-TSE-SVO. Red-eye flight from Beijing to Almaty on B757-200. The aircraft is old but well-attended. Seats are ok. Cabin crew speak good English. Catering was served in the middle of the flight. Passengers who were sleeping were not offered their meals and amenity kits. Arrived early. Almaty-Astana-Moscow on A320. Food is tasty. Good choice of drinks including alcohol. Entertainment is outdated - just magazines, music and a movie. Both flights on time. Smooth landings. We checked our baggage straight from Beijing to Moscow. It was a bit risky with 2 stop-overs, but the airline staff assisted us in Kazakhstan and checked if the bags followed us. They were very helpful and the ground crew were efficient because our baggage arrived safely at SVO. I would recommend Air Astana if the prices are adequate.

Air Astana Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Lindblom Anna-Karin    (Kazakhstan)

I travelled with my family on the ALA-BKK flight on Dec 15 2013 and back on the BKK-ALA flight on Jan 4 2014 and both flights were on their brand new 767. The seat comfort was the best I have ever experienced in Economy and the leg room was significantly more spacious than in other economy cabins. Both flights were on time and despite very full flights the service was very efficient and pleasant.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Russel Stone    (Kazakhstan)

Rating :

EDITORIAL MESSAGE
Due to concerns about authenticity of the review submitted and/or the user's name being that of the airline customer as stated on their submit form, this comment has been deleted.

Air Astana Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Mellors    (USA)

Tried to fly Dushanbe to Almaty to Bishkek. Almaty to Bishkek flight cancelled at last minute - no idea why (heard several explanations ranging from technical issues to lack of passengers). No notification from Astana staff until three hours later. I didn't have visa for Kazakhstan so forced to stay in airport transit lounge overnight. Next day, tried to get visa at airport so I could drive to Bishkek. Air Astana people completely unhelpful - said it was impossible. Said I could either stay in airport another night until the next flight or fly to Bishkek via Moscow. Persisted and argued. Finally managed to talk to consulate at airport and received visa and took car to Bishkek. Air Astana refused to refund ticket or pay for visa.

Air Astana Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Rachel Page    (UK)

Rating :

EDITORIAL MESSAGE

Air Astana Customer review :  19 November 2013 by J Stepan    (Czech Republic)

Something is going wrong with this previously reasonable airline. Almaty - Astana flights. The basic route for this airline are notoriously delayed. So if you plan on a business trip on this route make sure to factor in at least a fee hours. Better a day. Disappointing. Ground staff not trained on how to deal with this. As a result they are nervous, not pleasant and generally not helpful at all.

Air Astana Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Howard Bullock    (Kazakhstan)

I travelled with Air Astana business class from Kuala Lumpur to Almaty on Sunday October 20th 2013. The whole experience was very enjoyable and comfortable. The cabin crew were very pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. The food was particularly enjoyable and I was able to relax and enjoy the trip back to Almaty after a hectic week in KL.

Air Astana Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Faramarzi Bizhan    (Kazakhstan)

I take Air Astana flights on regular basis local and international, economy and business. There are a lot of modern new air planes that are being added continuously to Air Astana. The service is much more pleasant and more active inside the plane because the crew are very young comparing to KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa. The food is comparatively much better than other international airlines. In some planes they have some seats that are very unusual but comfortable, you can sleep on them very easy and comfortable. On the international flight prices they are very reasonable. I'm definitely recommending use Air Astana.

Air Astana Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Chris Welton    (Kazakhstan)

13 Oct 2013, KC887, Business Class. Almaty - Beijing. Thoroughly professional service, good food! Great entertainment on iPad, excellent on board staff, simple check in procedure. Lacks lounge in Almaty.

Air Astana Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Simon Williams    (Malaysia)

We travelled from KUL-ALA-LHR-ALA-KUL earlier this month. We were very pleasantly surprised by the high standard of service and attention given by the cabin crew on all sectors. The aircraft was reassuringly up to date and instead of built in entertainment system had iPad movies/TV, at least in Business Class, which anyway give a much better picture (and the choice of music is excellent too!). Quality of onboard food out of Almaty was a bit iffy, however understood when one takes into account one is in Central Asia. This airline is a little gem, and excellent value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

Bangkok - Astana, Astana - Almaty, Almaty - Istanbul. I have been flying Air Astana regularly for nearly 10 years. I think that they are the best airline in the Russian speaking world. My flights left and landed almost on time, although we sat in the plane for an extended period of time in Ho Chi Min city and were not allowed off it. The food was good, included the shortish flights between Almaty and Astana. The entertainment on the two long haul sectors was a bit limited. Cabin crew spoke quite good English - even on the internal sectors. Seats and legroom quite comfortable though the seats do not go horizontal on the long sectors. They provide good to reasonable value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Ekaterina Kurs    (Russia)

Flight LED-ALA. The new aircraft in rather good condition, although seats are very used in economy class. Sensible costs, good service on board, friendly crew and tasty meal. The traveler mini-bag was given, consisted of toothbrush, toothpaste, a bandage for sleeping and a pair of socks. On-board entertainment was rather good, also pillows for more comfort were provided by default. These airlines will be my choice for future trips to KZ.

Air Astana Customer review :  14 August 2013 by S Yuen    (Hong Kong)

Round trip HKG-ALA-SVO. Meals tasted good. Staff Service excellent, both inside and outside the flight. Staff in transfer lounge nice and helpful. Before my return trip from SVO-HKG, I had a flight from Riga to SVO with Aeroflot. When I arrived at ALA for transfer, the staff of Air Astana suspected and asked if I had any checked luggage. I said I had and Aeroflot had already transferred it to Air Astana, as they told me so. He said my luggage was not with the flight according to their record. He also went out to see if my luggage was at claim lounge. He couldn't find mine so took me to report lost baggage. 15 mins after reporting the loss, I was waiting for my next flight in departure lounge. My luggage was found at SVO airport. Staff in transfer lounge were professional and helpful.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 July 2013 by J Martynov    (Australia)

Atyrau-Almaty-Bangkok. Atyrau-Almaty flight cancelled without explanation on the day making us stay in Atyrau for additional 2 days without offering accommodation. Replacement flight delayed twice. After we an hour in a check-in queue we were told that they ran out of seats on the plane leaving us and about 20 other passengers stranded. Offered tickets on additional flight on the same day but it was late to get on the connecting flight in Almaty. After 4 hours, told that the additional flight was delayed. At 11pm it was announced that the flight was cancelled so we attempted to rebook. Told the next available flight was in 2 days which was unacceptable and we bought tickets with another airline. The next day we flew to Almaty with another airline and got on our connecting flight to Bangkok. As a result of the issues with Air Astana flights we had to spend extra money on the flights in Kazakhstan and Thailand.

Air Astana Customer review :  17 June 2013 by D Thomas    (Kazakhstan)

Fly Air Astana once a week on average internal KZ and international. Consistent friendly service and generally very punctual. Last flight Almaty to Atyrau business class. Boarding always a mess but once on board great service. Occasionally poor attention to regulations with people on mobile phones while taking off and landing but generally getting better.

Air Astana Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Donenbay Murat    (Kazakhstan)

ALA-KZO. return. Service was pleasant and efficient. Very polite and professional staff onboard. Food was good but could have been a little better.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 June 2013 by M Jose    (UK)

Frankfurt-Astana June 1, 2013. Economy class. Full house. A bit of a mess at the gate at Frankfurt, due to the airline's boarding policy, last rows board first. Most people did not know or did not understand this, so they waited for their turn as close to the gate agent as possible and as a consequence there was some pushing. Left with a delay of 10 minutes. Very hard working and helpful crew, they spoke good English and were always around offering something. Economy passengers received a comfort kit, somehow basic but still a nice touch. Inflight entertainment is pre-historic, small flat screens hanging from the roof every few metres showing just one film and a couple of cartoons. Drink service, several choices, including alcohol. Meal service with two options, fish or chicken. Nice cheesecake for dessert. Finally, after the trays had been collected, crew served vanilla ice cream. Although the flight took almost 6 hours, with an arrival time of 6 am, no breakfast was served. Coffee or tea would have been appreciated, especially given the 2 hour immigration queue at Astana upon landing. Overall, a more than acceptable experience. I would not hesitate to recommend this airline.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 May 2013 by A Csenki    (Kazakhstan)

Astana to Frankfurt and back in May 2013. We flew with a large group of small children. Airport staff were helpful with check-in and we were allowed to board first. Cabin staff were very helpful and friendly, and dealt well with our kids (handed out children's packs on the way out, for example.) Food was good quality and there were films showing throughout the plane (no individual at-seat screens in economy, though). A pleasant experience overall!

Air Astana Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Nadine Kassas    (Kazakhstan)

7 hour flight from Almaty to Bangkok this month and it was very comfortable. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful without being overbearing. The spacing between the rows of seats was very large, the seats reclined quite far back. Even though there were no indivdual tv screens for each seat, we were each given ipads preloaded with movies, which was a brilliant idea. You didn't have a huge choice of movies, but most of the recent blockbuster releases were there along with some international movies. Overall it was a very pleasant flight and I would definitely choose to fly with Air Astana again.

Air Astana Customer review :  19 April 2013 by D Lindblom    (Kazakhstan)

Dushanbe - Almaty in business class. A Western standard experience including attentive and friendly cabin crew and excellent food. On time departure and arrival. This short trip was a relaxing moment in a busy day, plus got some work done in the spacious seat. The seat armrest was broken though, so hopefully a repair was due just after this flight.

Air Astana Customer review :  19 April 2013 by K Skakov    (Kazakhstan)

I frequently fly with Air Astana, mostly within Kazakhstan and sometimes abroad. Air Astana is the best airline in Kazakhstan in terms of comfort and service. Luckily I have not had major delays and those which I had were usually weather related. Flight attendants were friendly and professional, good aircraft's, better legroom, choice of food and entertainment, helpful customer service. Overall very good progress in the last 5-7 years and dramatically improved flying experience if compared with its predecessor airlines just around 10 years ago.

Air Astana Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Talgat Dairbekov    (Kazakhstan)

Almaty to Hong Kong and back. It was smooth, no delays. 757 of Air Astana’s fleet has good business class with quite comfortable seats - almost flat. Good food and service. Inflight entertainment is ok, they provide Ipads which is quite convenient.

Air Astana Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Charles Clarke    (Kazakhstan)

Flew from Almaty to Istanbul and was greeted by friendly helpful staff on both the outward and inward journeys. I am a tall person and I asked at check in for a seat with lots of leg room and was asked if I wanted to sit by the emergency exit. As a consequence my journeys were wonderful, lots of leg room and helpful staff.

Air Astana Customer review :  26 March 2013 by C Jason    (UK)

KC902- flight from London to Astana. No delay at all. The seat was quite comfortable, staff service excellent, I was served some traditional Kazakhstan food and it was delicious. There wasn't much inflight entertainment. This airline is the best way to access Kazakhstan.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 February 2013 by R Hartley    (Kazakhstan)

Almaty to Bangkok return. Everything ran on time (slightly ahead of time, actually), and service was up to the usual AA high standards. I was offered a free upgrade to Business Class on the return (overnight) trip, which was very much appreciated - I slept solidly throughout the journey and felt surprisingly fresh on arrival.

Air Astana Customer review :  20 February 2013 by A Mellows    (Kazakhstan)

ALA-BKK on 13th February 2013 returning on 17th February 2013. Offered a business class upgrade on boarding. The flat bed seats were brilliant for an overnight flight as was the meal, drinks selection and level of customer service. A relaxing journey which went quickly due to the level of comfort and service. On the return journey I was in the economy seat I had originally purchased. I slept almost all the way and with my seat fully reclined I was able to stretch my legs out fully. There was certainly more legroom available than on other airlines I have flown into and out of Almaty and Kazakhstan itself. The meal was a lovely Thai chicken curry. The service was great and the drinks trolley was always in service.

Air Astana Customer review :  15 February 2013 by Sandy Yang    (China)

PEK-ALA-SVO. Both flights arrived on time. Good food and excellent alcohol selection. Service friendly and efficient. PEK-ALA on 767 and ALA-SVO on 321, old but well maintained. Generous legroom. No individual entertainment. Overall very good value for money.

1 2 3