Air Astana Customer Reviews and Air Astana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Astana Customer review :  4 December 2014 by K Miller    (USA)

In the last year I have flown Air Astana on 14 different legs now (ALA-SGN, ALA-BKK-SGN, ALA-ICH, and ALA-DEL). During the past the service has been getting better and better. Some irritants during flights, such as flight attendants bumping in to your elbows (aisle seats) or waking you up for meals, have disappeared. Meals have got better. The old 757 interiors are being renovated. Long flights know offer personal entertainment systems for each person in Economy. All the ticket prices have been reasonable though it is hard to build up miles with Air Astana's Nomad Club. That is one complaint I have with Air Astana. With most airlines, I would have gotten free upgrades by now. Many of Air Astana's low fares exclude you from accumulating frequent flier miles. I hope this changes in the future. Overall, I say Air Astana is a good carrier to choose nowadays.

Air Astana Customer review :  12 November 2014 by Tibbert James    (UK)

I took six flights over two weeks London-Astana, Astana-Almaty and Almaty to Tashkent and all of them were very good and I was impressed with the staff, quality of food and video/TV system. The flight between Astana and London both ways wasn't very busy and the planes were very modern and well maintained. It was a pleasure and relaxing to fly with them.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 October 2014 by S J Han    (Singapore)

Bangkok-Almaty on 5 Oct 2014, KC932 and return Almaty-Bangkok on 12 Oct 2014, KC931. Check-in staff were friendly and speak good English. The B757 used was clean and have a new look about it. The IFE was reasonably good with offerings of some of the latest films. The cabin crew was friendly, helpful and attentive. The overnight flight from Almaty to Bangkok took off at around 1 am. About two hours into the flight, a full meal was served. Before landing in Bangkok at around 8.45 a.m., no breakfast was served. For a flight like this, suggest that two light meals be served – one shortly after take-off and breakfast before landing. Overall, it was a pleasant experience flying with Air Astana.

Air Astana Customer review :  13 October 2014 by J Wilson    (UK)

Heathrow to Almaty return, via Astana in Business Class. This was the first time that we had flown Air Astana, and we were generally pretty impressed. Not quite up to the standard of the top Airlines, but worth their 4 star Skytrax status. Outbound, the meal was one of the best I've experienced in the air; with multiple courses presented separately, and the food options varied and delicious. Inbound was another matter however, with tasteless cold fish, chicken that was a bit dry and less attractive options. Maybe the Caterer in Astana isn't as good as in London. Service both ways however was excellent, with pre take-off drinks offered, boiled sweets, hot face towels, drinks and nuts or canapés and very attentive staff. The seats were pretty comfy, and whilst not fully flat (hopefully their Dreamliners on order will have fully flat seats in Business) they still had very decent recline and allowed for some sleep. (we were on a 757 for all sectors, so if you get this aircraft type or a 767 on Domestic sectors then you're doing pretty well in Business Class for such a short flight - nothing like the terrible Business Class European Airlines offer on short haul flights). The Etihad Lounge at Heathrow was excellent; and it's very quiet at the time that Air Astana fly as there are no Etihad flights at this time, however the Lounge in the Domestic Terminal at Almaty is really an embarrassment (small pokey room, no natural light, small snack counter charging for everything right down to a cup of tea!). Air Astana hand out tablets in Business Class as there are no seat back TV's. We found that we could hardly hear through the headphones on the way out, but this was much better on the way back. The Moving Map however wasn't working on the way back, and since the tablets aren't connected to the flight systems at all, we had no idea where we were, or how long until arrival for the whole flight. (even Economy Class presumably can access this info). Other minor irritations were the same 2 songs played continuously on loop when the aircraft is on the ground, and the lovely new anti jet lag ceiling lighting system being inexplicably put through it's paces for the first few hours of the flight, jumping between colours every few seconds. Terminal 4 at Heathrow was relatively quiet at the times Air Astana flew, which made for a pleasant experience; and I can recommend Terminal 4 Long Stay Parking which is actually just across the main road from the Terminal - no more than 5 minutes in the shuttle bus! Overall we enjoyed our experience with Air Astana, perhaps more so than we were expecting, and given that they are often keenly priced, I would recommend them.

Air Astana Customer review :  9 October 2014 by Alan Sargeant    (Australia)

Moscow - Astana - Almaty - Bangkok. Two of the three sectors were very late at night or early morning and I chose sleep rather than food. It seemed a little strange serving dinner at about 2.00am! It would be better to offer breakfast when flights depart after 11.30 at night. Cabin crew were good and friendly (all seemed to speak good English) and I was allowed to take some items from the dinner menu prior to landing in Bangkok. The Astana - Almaty meal was good and the quantities perfectly adequate. Check in for all flights was quick and easy. I was disappointed that there is no business lounge in Astana for domestic passengers and the lounge in Almaty is one of the worst I have been in for International Business Class. Luggage was relatively quick off the plane, especially in Bangkok. The seating was reasonably comfortable and there was adequate leg room on the flights from Moscow to Almaty. From Almaty to Bangkok it is an angled bed which is reasonably comfortable. IFE is very limited but not so important when you only want to sleep on the flight. I had my own entertainment for the Astana Almaty sector. I continue to fly Air Astana because I think that they are probably the best airline in Eurasia and not bad at keeping to their schedules. The flight from Moscow was delayed for about an hour because of a technical problem. We were promptly advised by the crew of nature of the problem and the likely time needed to fix it.

Air Astana Customer review :  1 October 2014 by Bourne Denzil    (UK)

Three flights around Central Asia this last week. FRU-ALA, ALA-TSE and TSE-AUH. The FRU-ALA flight was so short they offer a cabin drinks service on the ground. ALA-TSE we were offered a drink and small snack on the B757 overhead screens played a silent sketch show. TSE-AUH was on an A320. A full cabin service was offered. Entertainment was on overhead screen and amenity packs were provided. One movies and a couple TV shows. Leg room was good on all sectors. Staff all spoke English. But check-in always seemed to be chaotic.

Air Astana Customer review :  15 September 2014 by A Sargeant    (Australia)

Bangkok - Almaty - Astana - Novosibirsk. Good quick check and priority lane in busy Bangkok airport, luggage slow off in Almaty (did not get priority despite the label). Good crew and food and wine. The 757 from Bangkok to Almaty was a little tired and angled seats should exclude an airline from four star status. The service from Almaty to Astana was good - a full meal served. From Astana to Novosibirsk there were problems in security checks and no fast lane for business class passengers. Staff helped people with tight connections. The domestic Business lounge in Almaty is very poor but the new lounge in Astana was good. I don't think that they deserve their four star rating but they are improving and the English of the Cabin attendants is a lot better than when I first flew with them 10 years ago. I will continue to choose to fly with them in Central Asia.

Air Astana Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Ken Robertson    (Bulgaria)

7 Feb from ALA To IST. I travel internationally and domestically frequently. Based on my experience Air Astana is a cut above the rest. As a person who is afraid of flying, it is a pleasure to see the rapid modernization of the fleet. I am 193cm tall and leg room is important for me, Air Astana usually offers the most. The inflight entertainment is current and changes frequently. Lastly I have found the cabin crew to be very supportive. there was one occasion where I complained about the temperature of the cabin being too hot and the senior flight attendant had a customer complaint book where she recorded my complaint. A great initiative which I have never experienced on other airlines.

Air Astana Customer review :  17 June 2014 by Karly Lawford    (Kazakhstan)

All in all its OK for a relatively short journey and the food's nice. But you should know this: I travel a number of times a year TSE-FRA and am finding more frequent delays with no information given. The last 3 times there were 40 minute-2 hour delays, so beware! Quite a lot of confusion at FRA last time when the plane was 90% filled with a single group of Chinese travelling to Urumqi. Don't take a window seat in winter - the a/c isn't up to it and there's an arctic draft every time. Inflight entertainment not much, only overhead screens and reruns of candid camera type stuff, and one movie repeated on 6 hour flight. Internally in KZ the prices are ridiculously high because they are the only airline which is up to international standards.

Air Astana Customer review :  11 June 2014 by Kussidi Yuliya    (Kazakhstan)

Ala-Astana, KC 683, back Astana Almaty KC 954, Almaty-Atyrau (Guriev) - KC 889B, Atyrau (Guriev) - Almaty, KC 890-B. Good service. Perfect take off and landings. Air Astana continues to work on their services and airfleet and I continue to see an ongoing positive development of the company. Some destinations are more expensive than others, but generally good value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 June 2014 by Murat Sucar    (Kazakhstan)

I fly Air Astana very often almost every week nowadays. I find the experience with new 767 ER relaxing though the flights between Astana and Almaty are always full. The ground staff keep improving. Seems new planes brought a fresh spirit on board. 767 Business Class is great and gives privacy to the customers. Looking forward to flying the Dreamliner. Food is much better than before.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Sarimsakci Gokhan Yusuf    (Turkey)

KC 951, 21 May. KC 856, 21 May. I fly Air Astana very often. I find the experience relaxing though the flights between Istanbul and Almaty are usually full. The leg room is good. I think the mileage program could be improved where you could upgrade using your miles during check-in. The food is usually fresh though could be improved. Inflight entertainment is weak and needs improvement. Overall good value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Levent Altinay    (UK)

My first flight with Air Astana - London-Astana return. It was a great experience. Friendly staff and excellent service, comfortable seat, nice and generous food. AirAstana will be my first choice from now on.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 May 2014 by Leigh Murray    (Kazakhstan)

As a family we have flown with Air Astana numerous times (both in economy and business class) since moving to Kazakhstan and have always been happy with the level of service. We travel with a young child and the staff have always been very friendly and helpful.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 April 2014 by H Dalem    (Netherlands)

KC621, Almaty-Astana, 22/4/2014. Flown old Boeing 757 in business. Old chairs/layout. Plenty of legroom, good for sitting and on a short flight less than 2 hours no need to lie down. A full meal was served on this short flight. A very nice vegetarian meal. No entertainment available or offered. No business lounge available on domestic fights.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 April 2014 by H Dalem    (Netherlands)

KC856, Astana-Almaty, 24/4/2014. Flown new Boeing 767 in business. Good new chairs (fully flat, nice big touch LCD- screens) and modern interior. Nice choice of entertainment. And, much to my surprise, a full meal on a flight less than two hours. Good vegetarian meal. Pity they do not have business lounges on domestic flights.

Air Astana Customer review :  24 April 2014 by Chander Mulchandani    (India)

I travel very frequently on Air Astana from Delhi-Almaty. Check-in staff at Delhi and Almaty are very efficient. I had a wonderful experience on 18 April flying from Delhi to Almaty. The flight crew went out of their way to take care of passengers needs.

Air Astana Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Heckman Janet    (Kazakhstan)

April 4, KC951 from Almaty to Astana. Return April 4 from Astana to Almaty, KC854. Had the pleasure of flying Air Astanas new 767 service between Astana and Almaty. It was the best domestic economy class service I have flown. Each seat has in seat videos with the latest films, tv, music etc. I had a choice of international newspapers as well as a warm sandwich and drink. As usual the crew were smiling, multi lingual and well dressed. The seats had a good tilt.

Air Astana Customer review :  7 April 2014 by Callaghan Colin    (Kazakhstan)

I use Air Astana regularly since I have moved to work in Kazakhstan and currently prefer it to the other airlines I have used. I try to arrange my trips back to the UK around the direct flights to LHR. I have never experienced a delayed or cancelled flight, the staff are well-trained and generally open and friendly and the food is not exceptional, but is of a consistently good quality. I usually travel economy class, though on the occasions when I have used business class it has been a good experience.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Mete Sarlak    (Turkey)

Flight KC912, April 2nd from Istanbul to Almaty. It was a fantastic flight, crew helpful and smiling. All announcements very clear, understandable and most important things for me multi-language Turkish, English, Russian and Kazakh. The way aircraft was new.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 April 2014 by Yergeshbayev Nurbek    (Kazakhstan)

I have been using the services of Air Astana for years. Always a pleasure to travel, starting from the convenient way of purchasing the ticket and excellent relation of crew members. I quite often take the domestic flights, around two times a month, and therefore comfort is crucial for me. In January I travelled to Frankfurt from Astana. As usual, right from boarding until landing, it was an enjoyable journey.

Air Astana Customer review :  31 March 2014 by Charles Clarke    (Kazakhstan)

Flying from Almaty to KL, KC935 was very good, we had an excellent inflight meal and the staff on the plane were helpful and friendly. The seats were comfortable and the leg room was good. I was able to check in online and then at the airport changed my seat to the emergency exit seats due to the extra leg room with no problems at all. Kuala Lumpur is fantastic and as we head towards George Town we are looking forward to exploring more of Malaysia and of course the return flight with Air Astana.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 March 2014 by Lindblom Anna-Karin    (Kazakhstan)

Flight KC907, March 21st and back on KC908, March 26th. I flew with my family from Almaty to Delhi and back and we were all very happy with the flights. The crew was nice and attentive, departures were on time and we really enjoyed the time onboard.

Air Astana Customer review :  21 February 2014 by Wölfert Friedhelm    (Germany)

KC 110 and KC 949, 31st January. KC 950, 18th February. Air Astana is a very good airline. Staff are friendly and helpful. Because of the demonstrations in Bangkok we had to rebook our flights. Air Astana offered us a free upgrade to Ho Chi Minh City, though the ticket was more expensive.

Air Astana Customer review :  4 February 2014 by Geoffrey Savage    (Kazakhstan)

I was lucky enough to be on one of Air Astana's new Boeing 767s returning from Bangkok to Almaty on the 12th January 2014. My business class seat was worth paying the extra over economy with the full lay flat seat and lots of room to spread out with a wide side table. Over the time I've been flying Air Astana I have seen them polishing their cabin service and the professionalism and presentation of the staff is of a high standard. Beverage service was very good although the food let the otherwise excellent travel experience down a little, the meal was below par for business class. This was in contrast to the trip down to Bangkok and all previous international flights with Air Astana where the food has been very good.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 January 2014 by T Pinkstone    (UK)

Not a bad flight but the use of an ageing 757 with seats that looked like they belonged in the 1970s were a disappointment given the trumpeting of their "new" business class on their website - I think this is more than disingenuous but Air Astana are hardly alone in this. Staff were friendly and helpful. Lack of business lounge in ALA a major minus. Food average. All in all fair service as it should be noted that this is half the price of BA.

Air Astana Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Ilyassov Magzhan    (Kazakhstan)

My family of 2 adults and 2 children flew from Astana to Abu Dhabi (non-stop) and back via Almaty. Although it was a New year vacation period with heavy passenger load, all services - starting with tickets sales to luggage delivery were efficient and precise. On our way back we flew a brand new Boeing-767 and it was the best plane I have taken so far. We had to stay in Almaty for a night because of the weather conditions and "Air Astana" provided us with great rooms in a downtown hotel and round trip transfer. Staff were polite, professional and competitive.

Air Astana Customer review :  13 January 2014 by Dmitry Kuzin    (Russia)

PEK-ALA-TSE-SVO. Red-eye flight from Beijing to Almaty on B757-200. The aircraft is old but well-attended. Seats are ok. Cabin crew speak good English. Catering was served in the middle of the flight. Passengers who were sleeping were not offered their meals and amenity kits. Arrived early. Almaty-Astana-Moscow on A320. Food is tasty. Good choice of drinks including alcohol. Entertainment is outdated - just magazines, music and a movie. Both flights on time. Smooth landings. We checked our baggage straight from Beijing to Moscow. It was a bit risky with 2 stop-overs, but the airline staff assisted us in Kazakhstan and checked if the bags followed us. They were very helpful and the ground crew were efficient because our baggage arrived safely at SVO. I would recommend Air Astana if the prices are adequate.

Air Astana Customer review :  7 January 2014 by Lindblom Anna-Karin    (Kazakhstan)

I travelled with my family on the ALA-BKK flight on Dec 15 2013 and back on the BKK-ALA flight on Jan 4 2014 and both flights were on their brand new 767. The seat comfort was the best I have ever experienced in Economy and the leg room was significantly more spacious than in other economy cabins. Both flights were on time and despite very full flights the service was very efficient and pleasant.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 January 2014 by Russel Stone    (Kazakhstan)

Rating :

EDITORIAL MESSAGE
Due to concerns about authenticity of the review submitted and/or the user's name being that of the airline customer as stated on their submit form, this comment has been deleted.

Air Astana Customer review :  9 December 2013 by R Mellors    (USA)

Tried to fly Dushanbe to Almaty to Bishkek. Almaty to Bishkek flight cancelled at last minute - no idea why (heard several explanations ranging from technical issues to lack of passengers). No notification from Astana staff until three hours later. I didn't have visa for Kazakhstan so forced to stay in airport transit lounge overnight. Next day, tried to get visa at airport so I could drive to Bishkek. Air Astana people completely unhelpful - said it was impossible. Said I could either stay in airport another night until the next flight or fly to Bishkek via Moscow. Persisted and argued. Finally managed to talk to consulate at airport and received visa and took car to Bishkek. Air Astana refused to refund ticket or pay for visa.

Air Astana Customer review :  27 November 2013 by Rachel Page    (UK)

Rating :

EDITORIAL MESSAGE

Air Astana Customer review :  19 November 2013 by J Stepan    (Czech Republic)

Something is going wrong with this previously reasonable airline. Almaty - Astana flights. The basic route for this airline are notoriously delayed. So if you plan on a business trip on this route make sure to factor in at least a fee hours. Better a day. Disappointing. Ground staff not trained on how to deal with this. As a result they are nervous, not pleasant and generally not helpful at all.

Air Astana Customer review :  15 November 2013 by Howard Bullock    (Kazakhstan)

I travelled with Air Astana business class from Kuala Lumpur to Almaty on Sunday October 20th 2013. The whole experience was very enjoyable and comfortable. The cabin crew were very pleasant and helpful and the service was excellent. The food was particularly enjoyable and I was able to relax and enjoy the trip back to Almaty after a hectic week in KL.

Air Astana Customer review :  26 October 2013 by Faramarzi Bizhan    (Kazakhstan)

I take Air Astana flights on regular basis local and international, economy and business. There are a lot of modern new air planes that are being added continuously to Air Astana. The service is much more pleasant and more active inside the plane because the crew are very young comparing to KLM, British Airways, Lufthansa. The food is comparatively much better than other international airlines. In some planes they have some seats that are very unusual but comfortable, you can sleep on them very easy and comfortable. On the international flight prices they are very reasonable. I'm definitely recommending use Air Astana.

Air Astana Customer review :  24 October 2013 by Chris Welton    (Kazakhstan)

13 Oct 2013, KC887, Business Class. Almaty - Beijing. Thoroughly professional service, good food! Great entertainment on iPad, excellent on board staff, simple check in procedure. Lacks lounge in Almaty.

Air Astana Customer review :  23 October 2013 by Simon Williams    (Malaysia)

We travelled from KUL-ALA-LHR-ALA-KUL earlier this month. We were very pleasantly surprised by the high standard of service and attention given by the cabin crew on all sectors. The aircraft was reassuringly up to date and instead of built in entertainment system had iPad movies/TV, at least in Business Class, which anyway give a much better picture (and the choice of music is excellent too!). Quality of onboard food out of Almaty was a bit iffy, however understood when one takes into account one is in Central Asia. This airline is a little gem, and excellent value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  2 September 2013 by Sargeant Alan    (Australia)

Bangkok - Astana, Astana - Almaty, Almaty - Istanbul. I have been flying Air Astana regularly for nearly 10 years. I think that they are the best airline in the Russian speaking world. My flights left and landed almost on time, although we sat in the plane for an extended period of time in Ho Chi Min city and were not allowed off it. The food was good, included the shortish flights between Almaty and Astana. The entertainment on the two long haul sectors was a bit limited. Cabin crew spoke quite good English - even on the internal sectors. Seats and legroom quite comfortable though the seats do not go horizontal on the long sectors. They provide good to reasonable value for money.

Air Astana Customer review :  22 August 2013 by Ekaterina Kurs    (Russia)

Flight LED-ALA. The new aircraft in rather good condition, although seats are very used in economy class. Sensible costs, good service on board, friendly crew and tasty meal. The traveler mini-bag was given, consisted of toothbrush, toothpaste, a bandage for sleeping and a pair of socks. On-board entertainment was rather good, also pillows for more comfort were provided by default. These airlines will be my choice for future trips to KZ.

Air Astana Customer review :  14 August 2013 by S Yuen    (Hong Kong)

Round trip HKG-ALA-SVO. Meals tasted good. Staff Service excellent, both inside and outside the flight. Staff in transfer lounge nice and helpful. Before my return trip from SVO-HKG, I had a flight from Riga to SVO with Aeroflot. When I arrived at ALA for transfer, the staff of Air Astana suspected and asked if I had any checked luggage. I said I had and Aeroflot had already transferred it to Air Astana, as they told me so. He said my luggage was not with the flight according to their record. He also went out to see if my luggage was at claim lounge. He couldn't find mine so took me to report lost baggage. 15 mins after reporting the loss, I was waiting for my next flight in departure lounge. My luggage was found at SVO airport. Staff in transfer lounge were professional and helpful.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 July 2013 by J Martynov    (Australia)

Atyrau-Almaty-Bangkok. Atyrau-Almaty flight cancelled without explanation on the day making us stay in Atyrau for additional 2 days without offering accommodation. Replacement flight delayed twice. After we an hour in a check-in queue we were told that they ran out of seats on the plane leaving us and about 20 other passengers stranded. Offered tickets on additional flight on the same day but it was late to get on the connecting flight in Almaty. After 4 hours, told that the additional flight was delayed. At 11pm it was announced that the flight was cancelled so we attempted to rebook. Told the next available flight was in 2 days which was unacceptable and we bought tickets with another airline. The next day we flew to Almaty with another airline and got on our connecting flight to Bangkok. As a result of the issues with Air Astana flights we had to spend extra money on the flights in Kazakhstan and Thailand.

Air Astana Customer review :  17 June 2013 by D Thomas    (Kazakhstan)

Fly Air Astana once a week on average internal KZ and international. Consistent friendly service and generally very punctual. Last flight Almaty to Atyrau business class. Boarding always a mess but once on board great service. Occasionally poor attention to regulations with people on mobile phones while taking off and landing but generally getting better.

Air Astana Customer review :  5 June 2013 by Donenbay Murat    (Kazakhstan)

ALA-KZO. return. Service was pleasant and efficient. Very polite and professional staff onboard. Food was good but could have been a little better.

Air Astana Customer review :  3 June 2013 by M Jose    (UK)

Frankfurt-Astana June 1, 2013. Economy class. Full house. A bit of a mess at the gate at Frankfurt, due to the airline's boarding policy, last rows board first. Most people did not know or did not understand this, so they waited for their turn as close to the gate agent as possible and as a consequence there was some pushing. Left with a delay of 10 minutes. Very hard working and helpful crew, they spoke good English and were always around offering something. Economy passengers received a comfort kit, somehow basic but still a nice touch. Inflight entertainment is pre-historic, small flat screens hanging from the roof every few metres showing just one film and a couple of cartoons. Drink service, several choices, including alcohol. Meal service with two options, fish or chicken. Nice cheesecake for dessert. Finally, after the trays had been collected, crew served vanilla ice cream. Although the flight took almost 6 hours, with an arrival time of 6 am, no breakfast was served. Coffee or tea would have been appreciated, especially given the 2 hour immigration queue at Astana upon landing. Overall, a more than acceptable experience. I would not hesitate to recommend this airline.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 May 2013 by A Csenki    (Kazakhstan)

Astana to Frankfurt and back in May 2013. We flew with a large group of small children. Airport staff were helpful with check-in and we were allowed to board first. Cabin staff were very helpful and friendly, and dealt well with our kids (handed out children's packs on the way out, for example.) Food was good quality and there were films showing throughout the plane (no individual at-seat screens in economy, though). A pleasant experience overall!

Air Astana Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Nadine Kassas    (Kazakhstan)

7 hour flight from Almaty to Bangkok this month and it was very comfortable. The cabin crew were friendly and helpful without being overbearing. The spacing between the rows of seats was very large, the seats reclined quite far back. Even though there were no indivdual tv screens for each seat, we were each given ipads preloaded with movies, which was a brilliant idea. You didn't have a huge choice of movies, but most of the recent blockbuster releases were there along with some international movies. Overall it was a very pleasant flight and I would definitely choose to fly with Air Astana again.

Air Astana Customer review :  19 April 2013 by D Lindblom    (Kazakhstan)

Dushanbe - Almaty in business class. A Western standard experience including attentive and friendly cabin crew and excellent food. On time departure and arrival. This short trip was a relaxing moment in a busy day, plus got some work done in the spacious seat. The seat armrest was broken though, so hopefully a repair was due just after this flight.

Air Astana Customer review :  19 April 2013 by K Skakov    (Kazakhstan)

I frequently fly with Air Astana, mostly within Kazakhstan and sometimes abroad. Air Astana is the best airline in Kazakhstan in terms of comfort and service. Luckily I have not had major delays and those which I had were usually weather related. Flight attendants were friendly and professional, good aircraft's, better legroom, choice of food and entertainment, helpful customer service. Overall very good progress in the last 5-7 years and dramatically improved flying experience if compared with its predecessor airlines just around 10 years ago.

Air Astana Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Talgat Dairbekov    (Kazakhstan)

Almaty to Hong Kong and back. It was smooth, no delays. 757 of Air Astana’s fleet has good business class with quite comfortable seats - almost flat. Good food and service. Inflight entertainment is ok, they provide Ipads which is quite convenient.

Air Astana Customer review :  18 April 2013 by Charles Clarke    (Kazakhstan)

Flew from Almaty to Istanbul and was greeted by friendly helpful staff on both the outward and inward journeys. I am a tall person and I asked at check in for a seat with lots of leg room and was asked if I wanted to sit by the emergency exit. As a consequence my journeys were wonderful, lots of leg room and helpful staff.

Air Astana Customer review :  26 March 2013 by C Jason    (UK)

KC902- flight from London to Astana. No delay at all. The seat was quite comfortable, staff service excellent, I was served some traditional Kazakhstan food and it was delicious. There wasn't much inflight entertainment. This airline is the best way to access Kazakhstan.

Air Astana Customer review :  28 February 2013 by R Hartley    (Kazakhstan)

Almaty to Bangkok return. Everything ran on time (slightly ahead of time, actually), and service was up to the usual AA high standards. I was offered a free upgrade to Business Class on the return (overnight) trip, which was very much appreciated - I slept solidly throughout the journey and felt surprisingly fresh on arrival.

Air Astana Customer review :  20 February 2013 by A Mellows    (Kazakhstan)

ALA-BKK on 13th February 2013 returning on 17th February 2013. Offered a business class upgrade on boarding. The flat bed seats were brilliant for an overnight flight as was the meal, drinks selection and level of customer service. A relaxing journey which went quickly due to the level of comfort and service. On the return journey I was in the economy seat I had originally purchased. I slept almost all the way and with my seat fully reclined I was able to stretch my legs out fully. There was certainly more legroom available than on other airlines I have flown into and out of Almaty and Kazakhstan itself. The meal was a lovely Thai chicken curry. The service was great and the drinks trolley was always in service.

Air Astana Customer review :  15 February 2013 by Sandy Yang    (China)

PEK-ALA-SVO. Both flights arrived on time. Good food and excellent alcohol selection. Service friendly and efficient. PEK-ALA on 767 and ALA-SVO on 321, old but well maintained. Generous legroom. No individual entertainment. Overall very good value for money.

1 2 3