Air Astana Customer Reviews and Air Astana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Astana customer review :  19 May 2011 by N Croft   (Kazakhstan)

Atyrau to Almaty - friendly service with right amount of attention, 3 meal choices, excellent legroom, great selection of music. Most comfortable.

Air Astana customer review :  15 May 2011 by A Bowen   (UK)

Business class from Almaty to Bangkok. The comfort and service was of highest standard and compared favourably with airlines with better reputations.

Air Astana customer review :  20 April 2011 by Martin Wallace   (UK)

Amsterdam to Atyrau return – one of the most expensive flights per mile of any routes worldwide by any operator, so you might think the flight would be special. Old aircraft, substandard in-flight entertainment (the overhead TV monitor in my section not working and others with poor picture from what I could see), cramped full flight, 2 of the 3 meal choices not available by the time the meal cart got to me, all the wine with the meals gone by half way down the cabin, bar service once per flight and grudgingly given using cheap local (to Kazakhstan) versions of spirits mixers and wines by unsmiling cabin crew.

Air Astana customer review :  27 November 2010 by Alan Sargeant   (Australia)

Moscow to Almaty. This was a good flight, it departed and arrived as schedules and the luggage was offloaded efficiently at Almaty. There was a slight hiccup with the check-in and I did not get the seat that I had pre-requested, however, I finished with a better seat. Flight service perfectly adequate and I was spoken to in English when they realised I was not a native Russian speaker. I had no problems on what was a comfortable flight.

Air Astana customer review :  27 November 2010 by Alan Sargeant   (Australia)

Bangkok to Almaty. Very full flight and a booking error in my row which resulted an upgrade to Business Class. Food and service quite friendly with some preferences being given to those who had paid full business class fares. Seats were comfortable recliners and I was a little surprised with the legroom. Service was good and the English better than I expected. Economy class gives value for money but I think that Business Class does not.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  8 October 2010 by A Telman   (Kazakhstan)

GUW-ALA in Y and ALA-URA in C; both flights on older and somewhat stuffy 757s which, however have generous legroom in economy and plenty of space in business. Seats in business are rather tired but still comfortable and service is very good; Air Astana FA's are always professional and friendly. Good food both in economy and business. Flights operated on time. Overall this again was a good experience and I would recommend using KC rather than other domestic carriers (which are, to be honest, very few in Kazakhstan).

AIR ASTANA customer review :  22 June 2010 by A Yeraliyev   (Kazakhstan)

URA-PEK via ALA return in Y. Checked-in online but offered a better seat at the airport which is nice of check-in agents. Domestic legs on newish A319 with plenty of legroom in economy. ALA-PEK on rather tired B767 with ancient bulky ceiling TV-sets and stale interiors but the flight and service very good. Had seats 29A+B for myself (exit row seats) on both flights with huge legroom. Special meal delivered as requested. ALA-PEK-ALA are the night flights so service was unobtrusive if you like which is good for couple of hours sleep. Excellent experience with Air Astana (although no competition whatsoever in the local market therefore fares are quite expensive.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  13 June 2010 by J Venter   (Namibia)

Dubai-Almaty-Ust-Kamenogorsk-Astana-Dubai. Later part of May - beginning June 2010. Flight to Ust-Kamenogorsk via Almaty not too bad or unpleasant considering I was en route already for 2,5 days (spending 18 hours in horrible Dubai Airport). My suitcase was damaged by rough handling. The flight Ust-Kamenogorsk to Astana was not bad either. Astana-Dubai flight started with a hiccup - since the customs people did not know where Namibia is and I was looked at very suspiciously, despite having a private Visa and being with my Kazakhstan wife. The flight was very unpleasant - seats the most uncomfortable for such a flight! Attendants not interested in making the flight a wee-bit more comfortable. Prices not too bad - however flying to the destinations I need to go to, there is no alternative to compare. Being the national airline, there is much room for improvement.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  25 May 2010 by Peter Butterworth   (Kazakhstan)

I never had much of an issue with this airline. Ppolite staff, food very reasonable, a good selection of drinks and in-flight entertainment. On occasion the flights can be late but this is more due to the weather and the odd mechanical hiccup, however this has improved. You may find this airline very expensive (Amsterdam to Atyrau) with 50% saving to be had via other routings. These comments relate to trips Amsterdam to Atyrau, Atyrau to Aktau and Istanbul to Atyrau over the last 3 years.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  29 January 2010 by Zoltan Palfi   (Hungary)

I flew to Bangkok from Almaty December 2009. We had trouble at the beginning. Although we checked in on the website they couldn't provide the same seats, so we had to sit separately from my wife. They also sold 1 ticket for 2 people, but they just couldn't do anything with the situation. The only way would've been to seat one of these guys to the business class. We waited 2 hours on the plane (of course some people missed their connection in Bangkok in the result of this unprofessionalism) until they saw no other solution but that. Very unprofessional attitude. Later on cabin crew were helpful and friendly, food was OK, good classical music channel to listen, airplane relatively new, clean, very small legroom though for a tall guy.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  23 January 2010 by M Ussenov   (Kazakhstan)

A terrible business class lounge. I had to pay for everything except water and cola. They have launched a web check-in service, but do not have a terminal to print the boarding pass at the airport. I find it rather uncomfortable, due to the fact that you can't often find a printer when traveling on business trips. On my last trip I've checked-in online, printed my boarding pass, but I have learned that my seat doesn't exist because they've changed the plane. I've found it out only when I was onboard. Maybe not so terrible, but not too good.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  23 November 2009 : by Stephen Taynton   (Kazakhstan)

I recently flew Air Astana from Almaty to Dubai and return and I must say I was impressed with the level of service. We were late out of Almaty but that was not a real problem as the service on the plane was professional. The seat pitch is okay for the 4 hour or so flight to Dubai, as is the food. Entertainment was via overhead video units but it was fine to view. No problems with disembarking in Dubai. Equally the return flight was good, leaving Dubai at 2300 - good food and service on board.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  8 September 2009 : by R Oussalah   (Kazakhstan)

GUW-AMS B767-300 Business class. I have to say the service has greatly improved. The seating is classic but very spacious. The plane is aging but clean. The onboard service is fair to good and IFE surprisingly diverse. I checked no for "value" for money because this ticket costs double the price of a twice as long flight on CX or AF.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  24 August 2009 : by R Oussalah   (Thailand)

Have flown several times on Almaty - Bangkok route. Whilst not at the level of top airlines, I had no problems at all. Flights on time. Food OK. Planes relatively new and clean. Happy to continue as is quickest route for me and no complaints.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  27 July 2009 : by R Oussalah   (Kazakhstan)

GUW-IST-GUW, A320. Check in smooth and the flight was on time. The plane was a new A320. IFE was limited but this was a 3.5 hour flight. The onboard service was adequate for a medium haul economy class flight. No complaints except for the incredible rise of prices on Air Astana International flights. From Kazakhstan we do not have much choice of airlines and Air Astana is still the only one with a descent safety record so I prefer to use it despite the ever increasing prices.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  8 July 2009 : by S Bryant   (UK)

The comments about this airline mostly relate to their international flights and I understand that they offer a good service there. It's a different story on their internal and regional flights. I booked on-line for the short hop return from Bishkek to Almaty. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but proved to be a disaster. The airline changed their schedule without informing me, their records apparently said that they had "tried to contact me" - I'm not even sure how. I turned up at the airport and waited for 5 hours assuming that it had simply been delayed for that time, only to find out that they had moved me, not to that flight, but to one 20 hours earlier. The Air Astana agent acted as though he hadn't seen an e-ticket before, claimed I hadn't paid for the outward journey, or maybe hadn't paid at all - really any excuse to not allow me onto the plane. I had no alternative but to go back to Bishkek and travel overland the next day - all at my own expense of course. The return flight had been similarly moved, but a local agent helped me out to properly arrange that one and got a refund for the outward journey. I complained to Air Astana, as my non-arrival had seriously thrown out the plans of my hosts in Almaty, not just mine. No answer. I complained again, only to receive a fob off reply that they regretted this, but they weren't going to do anything further about it and hoped that I would fly with them again: I doubt that very much. I've given 1, rather than 0 as the Almaty to Bishkek "return" flight itself wasn't bad. Their ground service and support in these regional centres very much needs to upgraded to the same standard as their flight experience.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  22 June 2009 : by I Williamson  (Saudi Arabia)

Air Astana is right up there with other non-mainstream airlines who do more to please than most. Great service, great food, an interior decor and outside livery that have a quality design. Air Astana customers include many oil industry personnel who have flown often worldwide, and positive comments are often noticeable among passengers. Agree with a previous comment about FAs who are very pleasant. Service to Atyrau has improved leaps and bounds from the days when a worker, cigarette in mouth and large hosepipe in hand used to bang the hull of the plane to talk to the pilot about refuelling. The airport is still a bus station though.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  5 June 2009 : by J Williams  (UK)

Almaty - Atyrau - Amsterdam in Business. Seats are comfortable although not lay flat and space is more than enough. Their duvets are perfect. Cabin crew very friendly and helpful. Food is good, service is second to none. Aircraft was clean and flights operated on time. On the ground, staff are very helpful. However, the Business class lounge is severely lacking in facilities in Almaty. Not even free drinks. In Atyrau, there are no Business class facilities at all! Terminal facilities generally in Atyrau are severely lacking. Its not possible to get any refreshments in any way shape or form once you are in the departure lounge. Thankfully if you are just transiting through Atyrau to Almaty or vice versa, you're not in there long. All in all, very pleased with service, its just a shame that terminal facilities let down the rest of the service. Sort that out and its 10/10! Keep up the good work.

AIR ASTANA customer review :  29 March 2009 : by S Ivanov  (Kazakhstan)

The have good cabin crew, quality of food is good. Their fleet is new enough and I know from some sources that they do their best to provide safety and best service. Sometimes it seems that the prices are too high, but if you order tickets via internet, you will get a discount, especially on trips with some promotions. But this service is worth to be paid.

AIR ASTANA review :  26 March 2009 : by M Markus  (Switzerland)

Moscow-Astana-Almaty return. First sectors a 3.5h night flight and wasn't really crowded. I had a row for myself so laid down and had a sleep. Unfortunately after 1h they switched on the lights and served some food. I tried to continue my sleep. As we were delayed and as I didn't have an absolute proper Visa it took me a while for immigration. Searching my bag was easy even I was late and the belts already stopped. Air Astana had some helpful staff there and got my Bag from the luggage room in a minute. Finally I didn't catch my connecting flight. But the rebooking to the next Astana-Almaty flight worked without problems on this Airport. On this flight they served breakfast that was OK. ALA Airport is hell. Staff (even Air Astana check- in) is nearly not speaking English, and to get to the domestic check-in you have to have a print out of your ticket as they don't know, what an e-ticket is. Staff in-flight was always kind and helpful and had a good English.

1 2 3