Air Astana Customer Reviews and Air Astana Passenger Trip Reports

1 2 3

Air Astana Customer review :  14 February 2013 by Geoff Savage    (Kazakhstan)

Return flight from KL to ALA was in complete contrast to the previous flight down. On time, crew very friendly and professional. Food and service was very good. After the debacle of the previous flight, the agent in KL met me at the gate to again apologise. He had been very helpful previously. I also received an e-mail from the company's senior operations manager who went to lengths to apologise and explain. I do feel this is more than most airlines would do to follow up. This does give confidence that the airline is focussed on continuous improvement. The entertainment unit also had more movies loaded and this kept me fully occupied and well entertained for the flight. However, suffice to say that the experience on the return journey was a good one with very good service and perfectly on time with the plane unloading from an air bridge on arrival making unloading of the 767 much more efficient.

Air Astana Customer review :  30 January 2013 by Dariusz Zietek    (Poland)

Flight Almaty - Bishkek, December 9th, 2012. Horrible experience! All passengers boarded as scheduled by 10pm. Due to weather conditions, we were informed we would have to wait. We were kept on the plane from 9.30pm until 4.30am. No reliable info provided by the staff/pilot. No food provided. At 4.30am we were asked to leave the plane and return to the terminal where we were informed that the flight was cancelled and the next one would be in 2 days. Ground staff rude and incompetent. No-one cared to provide us with snacks and hot beverages.

Air Astana Customer review :  23 January 2013 by G Savage    (Kazakhstan)

Long delay in departing Almaty bound for KL. Perfect weather although no real excuse given. On boarding, more than 2 hours late and by bus from the terminal to the aircraft which caused more delay, we sat on the ground for a further 30 mins while a drunken passenger was off-loaded. At least half the flights I have taken with Air Astana have been delayed by hours, not just minutes. On-board, I asked the cabin crew to see if the connecting flight would be held or if other arrangements needed to be made. Their reply was that 'we will call ground staff and let you know'. The second time was, 'we will talk to the captain' the third time was the same answer. On my fourth request, I was then told that we have other passengers who are all going to be late. I was travelling on an Air Astana ticket and there was no concern or accountability shown toward this situation. T Arriving in KL with just 10 minutes to spare for the connection on Malaysia Airlines, of course, we could not board. 767 used on this route is very old although has had some face-lifts. Seats are narrow for business class seats and they are not lay flat, they are "lay on an angle and keep sliding down" seats. The entertainment system is an IPAD style of portable unit. This only had a choice of three last release movies and at the end of the day, there is nowhere to put it where you might consider ergonomically sensible to watch it. I would recommend that you definitely leave a minimum of 5 hours for your connections because they will most likely be late!

Air Astana Customer review :  13 November 2012 by Shanaka Gooneratne    (Australia)

KC907/8, DEL-ALA-DEL on Y class. The Flex fare reasonably priced. Check in both at DEL and ALA was good. Minimal waiting times and the staff were very professional. Board process was ok. Slightly let down by the fact that we were bussed to aircraft and made to board via steps in the rain. Both flights were on well kept clean A320s. Flights were relatively empty so I had 3 seats to myself. Cabin Crew were pleasant and professional. Food and Drink was tasty, well presented, appropriate for route and time of day. IFE from drop down screens were a bit of a disappointment and hard to follow. Better off bringing a book. Punctual departure and arrival. Would fly again and recommend to others.

Air Astana customer review :  27 July 2012 by M Knowlden   (UK)

ALA-TSB - Emb 190 Business. Early morning business flight. All on time and aircraft full on this relatively new route. Crew were friendly and breakfast was very nice. Departure formalities from Almaty are confusing and bizarre with no priority for business class at any stage apart from check in. No Air Astana staff to guide you through the complexities rather there are hawkers trying to make some cash who are more of a hindrance. Lounge is horrid, not even 2* let alone 4*. No priority boarding for business class. Hand held TV offered but I didn't use it. Would happily fly Air Astana again.

Air Astana customer review :  27 July 2012 by M Knowlden   (UK)

TSE-CIT-ALA. A couple of internal Kazak flights. All on time. Clean and comfortable. Leg room good on both flights. Crews fine, but seemed to be little interest in standard health and safety (eg phones ringing in flight, people walking around the aircraft during taxi). Did a good job but not a 4* airline!

Air Astana customer review :  25 June 2012 by Andrey Zvonkov   (Russia)

Service was good, provide travel kits, headsets, entertainment programs excellent, but during boarding I was frustrated by rude attitude of flight attendants, one flight attendant gave us instructions about emergency exits we set in front, and two other crew came to me and asked me if I was instructed or not about emergency exit, because I had small bag in my hands. She raised her voice, was very aggressive, didn't ask me but said firmly that I must change my seat. Then went away to business class, returned with flight attendant-supervisor, who said it was ok for me to keep my bag in my hands and was very sorry about this situation. I think the crew need more training (working with passengers and working in a team).

Air Astana customer review :  7 June 2012 by Alan Sargeant   (Australia)

Moscow-Almaty-Bangkok. Both flights departed on time. Flight attendants helpful and friendly with reasonable English. Food was good and sufficient. IFE's a bit restricted and out of date for Business Class. Big problems in Almaty because I could not produce the credit card used for the booking. Took several hours of work and an email from a bank in Australia before I was allowed to board the flight. Flight full from Moscow to Almaty and only a third full from Almaty to Bangkok. Despite the problems with credit cards I will still fly them.

Air Astana customer review :  31 May 2012 by Michael Adi   (Indonesia)

KUL-ALA-AKX return. First flight from KUL-ALA on their 767-300, flight was on time and service was great. But for a 7 hour flight it was quite hot in the cabin. Had some trouble with my visa-on-arrival in Almaty but the ground crew were very helpful, translating throughout the immigration process: they even carried my bags and checked them in for my connecting flight while I was waiting for my visa. Flights from ALA-AKX and return were good, got on their new Embraer and the service onboard was excellent, though the crew does need improvements their English. Overall it was a great experience and would like to fly them again.

Air Astana customer review :  8 May 2012 by Alan Sargeant   (Australia)

Bangkok to Almaty. Excellent flight, friendly and helpful flight attendants. Cabin crews English is getting better and more than adequate for a foreigner travelling with them. Food was good but could have been a little better. Seats good - not quite a bed but allow you to stretch and sleep. Portable hand held entertainment units not so good compared with other airlines. I upgraded at airport and this represents excellent value. Pre-booked business class is not good value.

Air Astana customer review :  25 April 2012 by Y Badikova   (Kazakhstan)

ALA-AYT-ALA. Very polite and professional staff onboard. Excellent serving of special meals as ordered at booking, and excellent care for children and aged passengers. I would recommend providing more toiletries (hand lotion, combs, etc). If possible, please consider other supplier of noise-reducing earplugs, those available in the passenger's pouch now don't reduce the noise and pressure discomfort in the cabin.

Air Astana customer review :  5 April 2012 by J Briggs   (UK)

Excellent recent flights, great selection from inflight service. Very friendly, attentive and polite staff. Flights were on time and very comfortable, good connections, modern aircraft and all in all a great flying experience.

Air Astana customer review :  30 March 2012 by A Bergmann   (Switzerland)

Four flights IST-ALA-TSE-ALA-KUL. All 4 were on time, excellent service by cabin crew, very good food and drink selection - both on domestic and international legs. Good seat comfort (cradle seats on shorter sectors, angled lie flat on B767 to KUL). The only disappointment was the lounge in ALA, which is basically a bar and you get a voucher for a soft drink plus a snack.

Air Astana customer review :  25 February 2012 by C Welton   (UK)

Business class to Beijing return from Almaty. Service was good and staff friendly. Better food, better wines, even cold champagne now. Staff are the airlines asset. They are informative, polite and helpful.

Air Astana customer review :  12 December 2011 by P Butterworth   (UK)

Amsterdam to Atyrau return. Using Air Astana many times (not just this route) I have found the flights to be very expensive and often delayed due to technical issues or weather, plus chaotic check-in staff! However the flight itself is well above average in food, flight entertainment and service. Taking into account the experience from arriving at the airports plus the cost of the flight, one would expect a smooth journey per se. Unfortunately this is not the case! Being a state airline and promoted as such there is a lot of room for improvement in this area.

Air Astana customer review :  3 October 2011 by D Olsson   (Australia)

Almaty-Astana return and Almaty-Abu Dhabi and all flights were fine. Check-in, cabin service average, food basic no delays. The Abu Dhabi flight was in an A320 though so entertainment and facilities were limited. It's like a lesser western airline but they do seem well-organised and have a good website. The only problem I had was caused by Etihad. I booked a codeshare through the Etihad website as it was the same price but included a bus to Dubai. However, the bus departure time on my ticket did not exist and had never existed. I had to wait 3 hrs for a bus. If they had provided accurate information I would have made alternate arrangements.

Air Astana customer review :  11 September 2011 by B Lohse   (Kazakhstan)

Almaty to London. The service was pleasant and efficient, KCTV was handed out as soon as seat belt signs went out so the time waiting for drinks to be served passed quickly by. As for the new wine selection this is good now that imported wines are included. The change from my first flight (Nov 2007) to now is positive.

Air Astana customer review :  6 September 2011 by M Foote   (Russia)

GUW-TSE-SVO. I flew for business in Economy class and was impressed how professional the service was. The food is ok, there was IFE via a small flip-down video screen and headsets were handed out to all passengers in time. During the flight from TSE to SVO they issued a travel pack (flight socks, blindfold, comb). I did have a complaint with the customer service from one member of the cabin crew and requested a comment form, which was handled professionally by other members of the crew.

Air Astana customer review :  28 July 2011 by Alan Sargeant   (Australian)

Bangkok-Almaty (Business), Almaty-Astana-Novosibirsk. The Business Class was very good and liked the beds. There was plenty of space but would prefer truly flat beds. Friendly check-in in Bangkok and food was better than expected. Allowed to stay in the Business lounge while I waited for the connecting flight to Astana. Business lounge in Bangkok was very ordinary and toilets were in a different area. Almaty-Astana-Novosibirsk. Everything was adequate and better food than I expected. These flights were still full.

Air Astana customer review :  21 July 2011 by Nina Khan   (UK)

London-Almaty. The best direct flight between London and Almaty. Service is very good, cabin crew are all well presented and professional. My only criticism is that I found the selection of wines quite limited. Everything else was as you would expect from a leading international airline, boarding, inflight entertainment, landing etc. I have been a customer of Air Astana for the last 10yrs and can say that services, planes and routes have all improved.

Air Astana customer review :  14 July 2011 by Alexander Blair   (Kazakhstan)

Friday night back to Almaty, they did brilliantly. Excellent selection of drinks served by staff who knew how to mix them, well prepared fresh food, friendly and professional cabin staff, newish plane, comfortable seats , good music selection (I even have to admit I found the crass candid-camera-esk overhead TV amusing too, then off the aeroplane and out of the airport and into a taxi in 5 mins max.

Air Astana customer review :  14 July 2011 by L Treherne Pollock   (UK)

London-Almaty and this airline seems to get better and better. It was streamlined and helpful from check-in to arrival. The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful and did everything possible to make my journey pleasant. It took me a short while to work the seats but I slept very soundly when I had. There is plenty of space and it was an extremely comfortable way to get to Kazakhstan.

Air Astana customer review :  9 July 2011 by B Murg   (China)

3 flights over 2 weeks (Almaty-Astana, Astana-Almaty, Almaty-Delhi). Computers at check in down, no assigned seating, every man for himself. Quite tall, had reserved exit row was told to "stand at the gate" to be the first one on to grab the seat. However, they boarded 20 people into coach ahead of us and the exit rows ended up being filled by families with kids. Changed ticket, received confirmation via email, arrive at airport to be informed "Yes, we sent a confirmation but you needed to come to our office to get the ticket." Upon informing them that they sent the e-mail at 10 pm and the office would be closed, they informed me I should have driven from central Astana to the airport to do it. Entire day wasted in Astana airport, eventually placed on a late afternoon, totally packed flight. Guaranteed exit row, instead given tiny seat with zero leg room. Food, absolutely dreadful. Staff spent most of their time sitting in the entirely empty Business Class section watching movies and telling passengers on the full flight not to use the Business Class bathroom.

1 2 3