AirAsia X Passenger Reviews and AirAsia X Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA X customer review :  9 June 2011 by Michelle Bong    (Malaysia)

Standard

KUL-London round trip with economy seat. For low cost flight it's considered value for money. The only one which not satisfied me is the meal provided, compare to other food provide from other airlines.

AIRASIA X customer review :  1 June 2011 by Farul Ghazali    (Malaysia)

Standard

KUL-CHC-KUL. Flights almost full but seats were fine and everything went as planned with no delays. No problems with seat comfort after the upgrade, food service was good. The only minor complaint was the not so great handheld entertainment device, only 7 movies and very limited TV shows.

AIRASIA X customer review :  26 May 2011 by Michael Lewis    (New Zealand)

Standard

Several flights with AirAsia X and AirAsia March-April this year and considering price paid reasonably happy with the service provided on A330 and A320 aircraft. Pre booked food was fine, seating okay on A330 and reasonably good on A320 aircraft. Most flights on time or close enough to not be a problem - so for a budget airline no issues.

AIRASIA X customer review :  15 May 2011 by A Lawrence    (Australia)

Standard

PER-KUL-PER. Check-in fast. Friendly and pleasant flight staff. Would have like to have seen more of them, however. Somewhat hard to track down. Puzzled by breakfast out of Perth which was roast beef, veggies and potatoes. Was short a couple bucks for blanket back to PER but attendant let it slide. For the extra few dollars, Hot Seats are the way to go as AA flights are usually pretty full.

AIRASIA X customer review :  9 May 2011 by M Mason    (Australia)

XL Seat

My wife and I just returned from London yesterday. The flights, staff, lay flat beds were all faultless and we were so impressed. We felt very pampered and slept for most of the journeys, and were only really awake for about 5-6 hours per long haul leg. Beds were so comfortable and meals great, we didn't even miss the in-flight entertainment as we were asleep most of the time. Thanks Air Aisa X.

AIRASIA X customer review :  2 May 2011 by Michael Lopresti    (Australia)

Standard

PER-KUL-PER, excellent promo are and excellent product for a budget carrier. Aircraft out of PER half empty so got a row for sleeping. Cabin staff attentive, able to save money and book a meal online before the flight - but only one meal can be pre-booked per sector. Return flight full in Economy, night flight so cabin attentiveness not so important.

AIRASIA X customer review :  26 April 2011 by Mario Rosario    (Australia)

XL Seat

Given the cost of taking 5 family members from Singapore to London on any of the traditional carriers in business class, I thought I would give Air Asia X a try in light of their low fares for lay-flat seat comfort, and reputation for smiling can-do staff. From the point of embarkation in Kuala Lumpur, to disembarkation at Stansted, we found the ground and in-flight service to be exceptionally good – flight attendants were attentive, courteous, efficient, with plenty of smiles and quick to follow up on any request we made. The food was excellent. The seat is terrific, and I was genuinely impressed with the quality of in flight service I experienced. The service on the return leg was just the same – I was impressed by the remarkable level of consistency.

AIRASIA X customer review :  15 April 2011 by Brian Allen    (USA)

XL Seat

Have flown around 20 return trips with Air Asia X, between Cooloongatta and Kuala Lumpur, all in XL. On some of my earlier legs the cabin was an old 2x2x2 Business Class leased aircraft, and very comfortable. Later there was a 2x3x2 configuration in a new aircraft and I was usually uncomfortable in that configuration and particularly so as I always sit on the left- hand aisle, 1C usually and the steady stream of economy passengers banging past my seat to the lavatory used to drive me nuts and motivated me to lodge many complaints. Eventually my complaints (and many others staff told me about) were acted on and the XL cabins were re- configured and became a component part of the value for money AirAsia X represents. The cabin crews are fine and while there have been some less than wonderful experiences, in both Cooloongatta and KL terminals, as each was renovated, when combined with KL's Tune Hotel, as is from time-to-time required to make connections, AirAsia X is an excellent Value-for-Money ride.

AIRASIA X customer review :  13 April 2011 by E Blott    (UK)

Standard

STN-KUL-PER and back. I was very pleased with both legs. We used online check in for all possible flights (online check in not allowed for flights into Australia due to visas) it was very efficient and useful. Flying out we had no hand luggage so able to get through check in quickly. On the way back bag drop was quick and efficient. I am 5 ft 6 and had ample leg room on all flights. We purchased AirAsia comfort packs which consist of an inflatable neck pillow, blanket and eye mask, these were excellent value for money and useful. We had 2 meals on the STN-KUL and these were fine, we had both international and Malaysian.

AIRASIA X customer review :  6 April 2011 by A Helman    (Australia)

XLSeat

Gold Coast - Kuala Lumpur return. I flew economy out, and Premium return. To avoid check-in queues, I recommend the online check in, it took 5 minutes at the luggage drop. Economy is a fairly comfortable, although legroom is tight, and for tall passengers, I recommend paying the extra amount for one of the "hot seats" (either front rows or exit rows). The check-in did offer to block off 3 economy seats for me for an extra fee (as there was space on flight), but as a day flight, I did not need to sleep. I was very impressed with the meal which also comes with a bottle of water. Other onboard food purchase items reasonably priced, and a fair variety. I was looking forward to my return flight in Premium class. No need to do online check-in for Premium, as there is a dedicated check-in queue for maximum of 12 Premium passengers. No business lounge for Air Asia X (pay per entry Plaza Premium Lounge available). Onboard, staff offered a bottle of water, lots of overhead space, with only 12 passengers in the premium cabin. All passengers given a blanket and cushion. After takeoff, staff offered to serve meal at a time of my choice. They also offered to hold any additional food items that I may want later in the flight. The standard meal is the same as that offered in economy class. The main benefit of Premium is the almost lie flat seat. Upon arrival, we were able to exit the plane first, get through passport control before other passengers. I have flown Air Asia X a number of times since their launch a few years ago, and will definitely aim to fly Premium again on my future Air Asia X flights.

AIRASIA X customer review :  5 April 2011 by B Chen    (UK)

XLSeat

STN-KUL return. I slept comfortably on their seat/bed, and enjoyed delicious Malaysian / International cuisine. All highly recommended! I look forward very much to my next flights.

AIRASIA X customer review :  14 March 2011 by L Jucker    (Australia)

Standard

Gold Coast-Kuala Lumpur, The seats were larger than expected with excellent legroom. The onboard food options were the best I have experienced, very tasty and cheap. On time and altogether a great trip.