AirAsia X Passenger Reviews and AirAsia X Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA X customer review :  19 September 2011 by T Teo    (UAE)

Standard

I travelled to KUL-CHC return in August 2011 on standard seat. I found the seat ok and food is quite delicious. I already knew this is a no-frill airlines and of course, I managed my expectations accordingly. The fare I paid was superb for such a long flight. Both flights were on-time.

AIRASIA X customer review :  15 September 2011 by F Dellera    (Italy)

Standard

ORY-KUL in Economy. Flight was turbulent but the captain kept us informed several times during the flight. Flight attendants were polite, friendly and always smiling even when flooded with in-seat calls. Pre-paid food and snacks of excellent quality, surprised considering it's a low-cost airline.

AIRASIA X customer review :  22 August 2011 by J Riley    (South Korea)

Standard

Incheon to KL roundtrip. I made a date change by phone and was told to pay at the airport. On arrival at the airport no change had been made. Forced to pay a higher fee to fly the day of the flight. Staff were polite but all seemed rather ill-equipped. I've flown Air Asia many times and found them fine for short flights. Once you pay for bags, a blanket, pillow and food on board, the ticket price is about the same as any other carrier.

AIRASIA X customer review :  15 August 2011 by B Cheer    (New Zealand)

Standard

Flew Economy CHCH to KL and then lie flat return. Economy seats are very small and the head-support is poorly designed. Staff are very nice. You can buy almost everything you need, food, drinks, blankets, pillows, duty free. There is no technology but you can rent a DVD player. I would suggest you take your own food and ipod. Lie-flat is very good. It's on a tilt, but just put a pillow or blanket under your legs and it's fine. You get a basic meal and water bottle included. Despite limitations, it's good value and they are upfront about their services.

AIRASIA X customer review :  10 August 2011 by B Ross    (New Zealand)

XL Seat

CHC-KUL-CHC (Premium and Economy). A330-300. Overnight flight in both directions. Premium seats excellent and comfortable enough to get a good sleep. FA's gave out duvets and pillows. Food same as Economy and was tasty. Would take own food next time. Return journey in Economy. Seating configuration 3-3-3 was tight. Seats were narrow and didn't seem to recline very far. However service was good and for the price was more than acceptable.

AIRASIA X customer review :  10 August 2011 by J Foo    (UK)

Standard

UK to KL and KL to Korea. Good value for money. Service on board was okay, flights were on time, seats are relatively tight and narrow with reasonable priced food sold on board.

AIRASIA X customer review :  9 August 2011 by B Bal    (Australia)

I found the service to be friendly enough, but a little distant, especially considering how many there seemed to be on our flight. The food was not great, palatable is probably the best I could say. Flights left mostly on time, although we were held up for 1 hr in Kuala Lumpur waiting for a passenger to get through immigration.

AIRASIA X customer review :  8 August 2011 by S Grigoriev    (Australia)

MEL-KUL-MEL Aircraft A330-300, looked fairly new, interior in good condition. Leather seats 3-3-3 goes to 2-3-2 after row 44. Seat comfort is tolerable, service is friendly. Pre-booked meals very cheap and tasty by airline food standards. Both flights on time. Would fly with them again, especially for the price of their sale airfares.

AIRASIA X customer review :  2 August 2011 by Uly Lao    (Singapore)

Standard

SGP-KUL-OOL (Gold Coast) -KUL-SGP. THis is the first time with AirAsiaX and I was excited to try a long haul budget airline. It cost me S$388 (A$300) to go from Singapore to Gold Coast and back. What a price! It included a meal that I pre-booked and 25kilos of baggage upgrade. Seats: Impressive when you walk inside, nice color of brown and red. The legroom is normal, not that tight like the normal regional A320. They're using A340s so its a big aircraft. The width of the seat is the problem, its tight. Especially if you are seated beside someone large too. Cabin Interior: It smelled and looked new and well maintained. The cabin looks bright and the toilets are clean and cool and smells clean. Service: AirAsiaX staff are friendly, cheerful and always of service. The Nasi Lemak is very good. Prices are reasonable. Checkin: Organized, fuss free.

AIRASIA X customer review :  25 July 2011 by L Mckenzie    (Australia)

Standard

MEL-KUL-MEL, I have flown Air Asia many times within Asia and decided to give Air Asia X a go. My wife and I picked up tickets for A$400 return each, very reasonable. A bit disappointed when we left 2 hrs late as someone was aboard in Melbourne with out a ticket and the FA had to count all PAX several times. Captain made up time and we landed 45 mins late. The seats are great if you are of a small build, but I found the seats cramped. Nil inflight entertainment, Inflight meals were standard airline food. I would fly AirAsiaX again if the price was right.

AIRASIA X customer review :  16 July 2011 by T Saldanha    (Australia)

Standard

I cannot recommend this airline highly enough. It sets a new standard for budget airlines. I normally fly Melb-KL, KL-Mum & back about twice a year, and I find their service extremely consistent. The one trip that to me exemplified their high level of customer service is a trip I took between KL & Chiang Mai. I arrived for an afternoon flight to be told they had rescheduled the flight to the morning, and had sent me an email notification (which I hadn't seen, as i was travelling). I fully expected to be delayed to the next day. However, customer service, after a 20 min wait, told me they could route me via Bangkok, however, the time gap in switching over to the domestic flight in Bangkok was only 1hr, which was a concern. On the aircraft, i briefed the air hostess, who told me the captain had radioed ahead. On disembarking, the same hostess told me they had located my baggage, which was at the entrance to the bus to the terminal. The staff at the entrance to the bus, told me a security guy would pick me up at the terminal & walk me through customs & security. The guy picked me up, walked me through, and checked me into the domestic terminal - all this was accomplished in the span of 45 mins. I have never been so impressed with an airline, budget or otherwise. This level of customer service is unheard of.

AIRASIA X customer review :  1 July 2011 by Cliff Condell    (Malaysia)

KUL-ICN-KUL - out in Economy return in Premium. Both flights efficient and slept most of the way on the overnight return. Overall excellent value for money.

AIRASIA X customer review :  30 June 2011 by T York    (Australia)

XLSeat

Recently did a PER-KUL in premium to get an onward connection for HKG. Last year I also did a PER-STN-PER return in the Premium seats. Everything was perfect, the only gripe that I have is that if I need a flight at shorter notice, say less than 3 months, the cheaper Premium seats have all gone, and it can become uneconomic for what you get. It would be nice to be able to have a static fare all year round.

AIRASIA X customer review :  20 June 2011 by Ian Cornish    (Australia)

Standard

MEK-KUL. We booked the extra legroom seats in Row 7. Great seats and we were amongst the first passengers to embark and exit. We enjoyed very tasty Nasi Lemak meal. Service requests very promptly answered by cabin crew. A tip for any couple flying in the Row 7 seats: Try to get a seat either side of the aisle as it is less comfortable in the middle seat of 3 with the narrow armrests. We also flew Air Asia from KUL-PEN and PEN-SIN. Both flights were on time. Paying the small extra fee for Row 1 seats ensured we were first on and first off and had extra legroom.

AIRASIA X customer review :  18 June 2011 by Andy Ng    (UK)

Standard

ICN-KUL, last minute booking because of events in Tokyo. Still cheaper than KE and MH for 1-way. Pre selected pair of seats at the rear, otherwise its 3-3-3 configuration. Thankfully flight about 70% load only, and most passengers further forward. Partner went to middle row of 3 seats to spread out. I kept the pair seats with moveable armrests. Seats are narrow to allow 3-3-3 configuration. Crew friendly but looked tired, still they managed to sell food/drinks prior to turning off lights. Being a redeye, we had eaten prior in airport. A330 fairly new aircraft but very noisy, seems they have skimped on the insulation! I always travel with my noise-cancelling headphones, so not an issue there. Early arrival in KLIA, hardly anyone at immigration. Good choice for the price paid.

AIRASIA X customer review :  17 June 2011 by Y Choo    (Malaysia)

Standard

KUL-ORY with AirAsiaX, A340-300. The flight was on-time and 95% full. The seat would be more comfortable if it's an inch wider, no problem with the 32" seat pitch though. For the lower fare, you get what you pay for. 2 round of hot meals came with 350ml bottle water each, food delicious and spicy (Asian meal), but the portion is very small. Water can be purchased onboard for a reasonable price. Cabin crew doing a good job overall.