AirAsia X Passenger Reviews and AirAsia X Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA X customer review :  28 June 2012 by M Lau    (Australia)

Major setback for my recent flight back to Melbourne from Kuala Lumpur on the 23rd June 2012. My pre- booked 'hot seat' was next to the narrow aisle and was constantly bumped by their clumsy trolley. The ambience of the cabin was hot, when I asked about it the cabin crews were clueless and unsympathetic. I shall never fly with them again in the future, even if the price is marginally lower than other premium airlines.

AIRASIA X customer review :  20 June 2012 by T Surita    (Malaysia)

Flew KUL-ICN-KUL with AAX, Standard seats. Warm cabin crew, pre-booked meals were okay, seats and overall experience inflight was good and value for money. However, the finishing touches of the airline was really touching, they arranged for a surprise welcome home for me at the request of a friend. Thank you AAX!

AIRASIA X customer review :  18 June 2012 by Z Jackson    (New Zealand)

Standard

CHC-KUL return. Seats narrow but leg room was ok. Pre ordered meals were small but very good for the price, but they ran out of other buy on board food. Crew very friendly and the buy on board service has reasonable prices. The light were turned off on the cabin very late for a night flight which was annoying. Very good value considering the price of their fares.

AIRASIA X customer review :  13 June 2012 by Siang Wee Quek    (Australia)

SYD-KUL-SYD. Ground service helpful and prompt. Appreciate easy baggage drop for Internet check-in. High passenger utilisation of cabin starting to show eg: frayed carpet, toilets not flushing properly etc. Internal lighting level also appeared too low. Overall cabin presentation on both occasions was respectable but not better than Jetstar long haul. Onboard FA service was well timed, efficient and friendly.

AIRASIA X customer review :  11 June 2012 by Veronica Webber    (Australia)

Standard

Perth-KUL-Ho Chi Minh-KUL-Denpasar-KUL-OOL. Good value for money. Good seating and crew were helpful and courteous. No problem with the food. I did find their terminal at KUL chaotic and lack lustre and you have to walk a long way to the plane in some instances. I paid for the Optiontown upgrade and got the one from Perth to KUL which was nice. Wouldn't get to experience that on another airline! I give them a thumbs up for making flying affordable.

AIRASIA X customer review :  6 June 2012 by J Apples    (Australia)

Standard

SYD-KUL return - First flight with AirAsia X but have flown AirAsia domestic and Thai AirAsia. No surprises for me, I booked my seats and food. Paid around $400 return, less than half the price of QA, BA or MAS. Did not get to use the inflight entertainment system and I was a little bored on the flight out of Sydney, flight time was a little over 9 hours due to weather. Food was good. FA's friendly. On the flight back I paid for hot seats (35B and 35C). Had plenty of leg room but got woken up by people slamming the toilet door and standing in the space next to the exit talking really loudly. The only issues I had with the flight was the other passengers. I managed to buy an extra meal on the way back and it was good. My bag was damaged but I am sure this was due to the lethal baggage carousels at SYD. If you fly AAX, pre-book your seats and your meals.

AIRASIA X customer review :  31 May 2012 by M Hoare    (Australia)

XL Seat

The staff constantly see the need to come behind the curtain exposing two bright lights to passengers who pay the privilege of sitting in row 1A in executive class. These insensitive staff feel the need to conduct a loud and animated conversation within the executive cabin throughout the night. We pay for lie flat beds and are constantly subjected to being woken up at constant period throughout the night, and not from fellow passengers. The food is poor and who cares for duty free, so why do they need to charge down the aisle every 15 minutes. My rubbish was never collected.

AIRASIA X customer review :  31 May 2012 by Michael Lau    (Australia)

Standard

MEL-KUL. The check-in was smooth but the check-in counter at Melbourne was overcrowded and the queue ridiculously long. Check-in staff carried out her duty in a rather unfriendly manner and my assumption was because we opted for low cost carrier and hence be seen as substandard. Boarding was painfully slow but it was with other airlines as well. The aircraft was jam-packed and the cabin interior was lacklustre. My pre- order of Pak Nasser's Nasi Lemak was excellent, perhaps the only great point about the entire journey. The 'hot seat' as it might sound had plenty of legroom but the seat was equally small and uncomfortable (not worth the AUD 45 at all). It was a relief that there was no delay throughout the journey. As always, AirAsia X is a low-cost carrier and I will think twice before I book for my next flight with AirAsia X.

AIRASIA X customer review :  28 May 2012 by Michael Lau    (Australia)

Standard

Kuala Lumpur - Taipei. There was a huge delay for our flight to Taipei and we sat in the uncomfortable cabin for almost an hour before the aircraft decided to take off. Passengers queue up for WC even when there was turbulence and the flight attendants were unprofessional and inefficient in the way they managed the unruly crowd. The only good thing was that they allowed me to change my seat.

AIRASIA X customer review :  23 May 2012 by Stephen Williams    (Australia)

I booked a $99 intro fare plus $50 of extras from SYD-KUL and requested an OptionTown upgrade for $115 in the Premium cabin. Check-in at Sydney was easy with a separate Premium check-in desk so no waiting. I had seat 1G on A330 so plenty of legroom in the middle bulkhead seat with a budget version of angled lie-flat seating. Left the gate 10 mins early, after take-off the crew handed out pillows, quilts and any pre-ordered entertainment devices and meals. They gave me the choice to eat later which was appreciated. There is a BOB menu of basic Asian and western snack items and drinks. The problem with the cabin crew is that there was not obvious way to determine if and when they where serving food or drinks. You simply had to get their attention as they whizzed past. The portable video/music unit I was given failed to produce any sound so was sent back to be replaced by a second until that was taped together. The crew were quite pleasant.

AIRASIA X customer review :  17 May 2012 by Manns Stephen    (Australia)

Standard

SYD-KL return. Staff were friendly and efficient. Plane was new and comfortable. Smooth flights both ways, good food easy check-in. Inflight entertainment was a bit limited however not a huge issue on an 8 hour flight. This was my first flight on a low cost carrier and would not bother with anyone else if air Asia is available. LCCT terminal in Malaysia is sufficient, plenty of eateries.

AIRASIA X customer review :  14 May 2012 by Marcus Hay    (Australia)

SYD-KUL. These flights were ridiculously cheap and although I was fearful it was not a bad experience. The main disadvantage of using this airline is the LCCT at KUL, which is just a hassle in terms of transport and facilities. I took KLIA transit which was ok. The plane (A330) was pretty neat and the seat was comfortable. The plane was packed for both flights. Meals can only be pre-ordered and are not available for sale. No entertainment options were offered. Both flights were about 30 mins late. I applied for optiontown upgrades on both flights but did not get either. On line check-in worked well, but there are no 2D barcode scanners at Sydney airport.

AIRASIA X customer review :  10 May 2012 by Ian Buchanan    (Australia)

XL Seat

On my latest trip from Sydney to KUL I tried Air Asia X new flight in Premium Class. The trip exceeded my expectations on all key dimensions of: Check In - smooth and 'prioritised' for Premium, Seats - comparable with all main premium competitors, Inflight service - warm and friendly, Food - some of the best Nasi Lemak I have tasted. Summary: Excellent value.

AIRASIA X customer review :  8 May 2012 by Len A Rutten    (Australia)

Standard

I would refrain from using this budget again especially on long flights like Sydney-KUL as even basic essentials like free access to drinking water is charged for, seats are ridiculously narrow (9 abreast when the Airbus seating should have been 2-4-2 rather than 3-3-3). Not good for long haul passengers.

AIRASIA X customer review :  25 April 2012 by B Williams    (New Zealand)

Standard

CHC-KUL, KUL-SIN, SIN-KUL, KUL-CHC. On all 4 flights I took over a 2 week period, my expectations of this low budget carrier were pleasantly exceeded. Flight crew are very good and efficient. On CHC-KUL flight, we were seated at the rear of the aircraft and attendants offered the middle row of seats for us to lie down on. Both meal services offered different dishes which were still hot when they arrived - food was very nice. I am 6ft 3in so was surprised by the leg room. My only gripe would be that when completing online check-in, my travel companion and I were separated and I had to pay to have us seated together. We paid extra to be seated in the hot seats to find that the plane was only half full.

AIRASIA X customer review :  23 April 2012 by Eleanor Davidson    (Australia)

XL Seat

Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur premium economy. Great experience and would fly Air Asia again without hesitation. Flat beds, only 12 premium seats so very quiet. Service attentive. Food average but who needs a lot of food and alcohol when flying out at 9.25pm. My daughter booked separate booking GC-KL and then KL to Phuket and was made to collect her bags in KL whereas mine went straight through. Collecting the bags and re-checking them in was a nightmare. LCCC the low cost terminal is everything they say it is. Crowded, disorganized and a poor reflection.

AIRASIA X customer review :  12 April 2012 by Peter Wilson    (New Zealand)

Standard

After travelling Air Asia on a rugby trip from Christchurch through to KUL and then on to Clarke. I have nothing but great things to say about this so called budget airline. Food was great and staff were fantastic. Seats were great and all ground staff were happy to help. Its a shame that Air Asia have to pull out of Christchurch.

AIRASIA X customer review :  11 April 2012 by James Riady    (Indonesia)

Standard

Kuala Lumpur-Incheon Airport. Food was cold. Cabin crew sometimes rude when called. Seat space was really small. The seat across is 3-3-3 despite being A330-300 aircraft which should have 2-4-2 seat seating. Inflight entertainment was limited.

AIRASIA X customer review :  30 March 2012 by Alyssa Lew    (UK)

Standard

Aircraft took off and landed in Kuala Lumpur on time. Despite being a low-cost carrier, Air Asia X provided an excellent inflight service. Stewards were on hand to help passengers with luggage. Very comfortable and spacious seats. Overall, it has provided a better inflight experience than many other carriers I have taken.