AirAsia X Passenger Reviews and AirAsia X Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA X Customer review :  22 October 2012 by S Goddard    (Malaysia)

Premium

SYD-KUL in Premium. 45 mins late departing. Premium cabin was very comfy. The crew very good and like the outbound trip we were asked when we would like to eat. We chose to eat at 1 hr and 5 hrs into the journey. Pre-ordered food was hot and delicious. My wife had requested special gluten free meals and this had been arranged by AAX HQ in Kuala Lumpur. Premium cabin was quiet. No in flight entertainment but you can rent a Samsung tablet for 45RM. We landed at KL LCCT, (raining again) walked to passport control - which was deserted - and then down to baggage reclaim. Within 15 mins of arriving at the gate we had exited Customs and were getting into our taxi. All in all a very nice journey indeed. I will have no hesitation in flying AAX Premium again.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  22 October 2012 by S Goddard    (Malaysia)

Premium

KUL-SYD. Overnight flight and the 'lay flat' premium seats were quite comfy and I managed to sleep. The crew were very good and did not bother us with any unnecessary sales pitches for food or duty frees. Shortly after take off we were asked when we would like to eat. I gave a time of 2 hours before landing and the food arrived on schedule. An enjoyable journey and the Premium cabin is a very good product. The only downside was that at LCCT you walk to the plane, there are no aero bridges (until the new LCCT opens in 7 months time) and it was raining heavily when we boarded and had to dodge big puddles on the tarmac. I have no hesitation in recommending AAX Premium Cabin.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  16 October 2012 by R Wilson    (Australia)

MEL-KUL, aircraft seemed new, seats had more legroom than my return journey on Malaysian Airlines and the food was much more tasty than Malaysian. Inflight entertainment was non existent, personally if they had a screen on the back of the seats with a credit card swipe facility I would be more than happy to pay for the service, I don't like tablet screens though so I wouldn't rent one of their Samsung units. Overall it was a very reasonable flight, great flight attendants, arrived on time and price was one quarter than Malaysian wanted. Just need more flights MEL-KUL now, a 3rd daily would definitely fill up with their competitive pricing!

AIRASIA X customer review :  25 September 2012 by C Miller    (Australia)

PER-KUL. A330-300. Flight left a little late - seemed a little unorganised. In flight entertainment non existent (unless you rent a PSP/Samsung tab with pre-loaded films/games etc for - A$15), but that aside the onboard product was very good. Impressive range of meals to chose from with snacks and drinks at affordable prices - they were half the price than the airport. New and clean cabin. The 3x3x3 seat layout is a little narrow, but it's a low cost carrier after all.

AIRASIA X customer review :  24 September 2012 by A Gautam    (Nepal)

Premium

KUL-KTM. Arrived at the airport to find out that the flight had been delayed by over 3 hrs, no prior notification from the airline whatsoever, premium check in was quick and was told by the check in lady that the flight had been "re-timed " a good substitution for the word delay I suppose. Boarding meant for 2.30 pm did not even commence by 3.15 pm and there was no information passed onto us. Only after a few angry passengers made their way to the gate counter were they told eventually at 4 pm that the flight had been cancelled. Again no apologies at all and we were made to sit for almost 90 mins before they let us out of the gate lounge way back through immigration and then get out bags and finally onto a bus to the hotel that was arranged for us for the night. The flight eventually flew the next morning at 9.30 am. The way Air Asia X staff handled the situation was worse than appalling no apologies, no information passed on, in fact they seemed the ones who were agitated with all the questions being asked to them and not us who were there at the airport by 9 am and only got to leave at 5.30pm. The plane an Airbus 330 was clean and the inflight service as per your AA standards.

AIRASIA X customer review :  13 September 2012 by R Clarke    (Australia)

I travelled from Perth to Kuala Lumpur return with Air Asia. This was my first flight with this airline and with budget airlines. It was a pleasant experience and I am planning on more trips with Air Asia. The staff were charming and helpful and the plane was new and almost as tidy at the end of the flight as it was at the beginning.

AIRASIA X customer review :  5 September 2012 by C Chan    (Australia)

OOL-KUL. Having flown with AirAsiaX a number of times years ago (which I think the experience was acceptable for a no-frills airline), this last flight I did was nothing but excellent and exceeded my expectation, even though the flight was delayed by more than 24 hours. Bad weather was the reason why the aircraft that we were supposed to get on that morning could not land in OOL, and was instead diverted to BNE. Ground crew in OOL handled the situation extremely well by keeping us up-to-date about the situation every half hour. As the situation developed, we were offered cash vouchers to get lunch at the airport. At first the crew were trying (very hard) to bus everyone to BNE and fly us out from there on the same day, but BNE airport authority wouldn't allow them to do so. Without further delay, we were offered a night stay at a hotel in Gold Coast, with dinner cash vouchers, and free bus rides to and from the hotel, so we could take the flight out the next morning.

AIRASIA X customer review :  30 August 2012 by Mickael Chia    (Malaysia)

Premium

KUL-SYD return. KUL LCCT was chaotic and premium check-in counter hard to find. Once there luggage drop- off was quick, staff polite. No separation between premium and economy in entering holding room. Long, uncertain wait with unclear announcements. Separate boarding of plane between premium (first) and economy (slightly later). Cabin was 2-4-2. Seat-Bed was approx flat, with a slight drop-off below the calf. Incline of approx 15% to floor but comfortable enough. One simple hot meal with bottle of water included. Left punctually and arrived on time.

AIRASIA X customer review :  24 August 2012 by John Kneijber    (Australia)

Premium

OOL - KUL return. A great idea for a budget carrier to have premium seats. Pity they didn't consider making them long enough for the average traveller. Seat comfort is great for a day time flight, pretty woeful for a night time flight. Entertainment provided on a portable tablet (that has to be paid for) and the content is fairly pathetic. One free meal provided and it was average, but the satay, which can also be pre-ordered is ok. I'm not sure I would choose this carrier again but you get what you pay for and if you don't have high expectations then it's you might think it's value for money.

AIRASIA X customer review :  22 August 2012 by D Burgess    (Australia)

MEL-KUL. Red eye first thing on a Saturday morning. Paying to book a seat backfired as better seats to be had for free as flight was only 3/4 full. Seat allocated was very uncomfortable, leather upholstery. I think you had to pay extra for the air stewardesses to smile as they had faces like thunder, very unpleasant crew. Flight was on time. I think this sort of airline is fine for <3 hours, for this 8 hour flight, I'd pay extra and go with Malaysia on this route.

AIRASIA X customer review :  17 August 2012 by Michael Schade    (UAE)

Premium

KUL-TPE return in premium class. Well kept A330, comfortable angled lie flat seats. There were just 3 seats occupied and cabin was quiet and peaceful. 2 free bottles of water and a meal provided. Outbound flight was delayed by 1 hr, return by over 2, no apology/explanation given. This Airlines has a lot of potential, but substantial delays on both ways does not allow me to recommend this medium/long haul carrier.

AIRASIA X customer review :  10 August 2012 by J Teoh    (Australia)

KUL-SYD on A330-300 in economy. Check-in was easy and staff were friendly. Pre-booked seats given. Boarding was a little chaotic but at least the walk to the plane wasn't too far this time. Seats are very narrow with poor recline. It is very uncomfortable on an overnight flight. There is 9-abreast seating when it is normally only 8-abreast on the same aircraft on full-service carriers. The headrest is also very uncomfortable. Hand-carry luggage was not properly monitored, which caused some problems with boarding. Comfort amenities only provided if paid for. Meals (either pre-booked or paid for onboard) were small and of poor quality. Cabin crew were a little disorganised but generally friendly and helpful. Flight was generally on time. I would definitely pay more for an economy seat on a full-service carrier, especially on overnight flights.

AIRASIA X customer review :  9 August 2012 by J Teoh    (Australia)

Premium

SYD-KUL on A330-300. Successful upgrade to Premium through Optiontown. Check-in at SYD was fast and easy. No fast-track through immigration or security but this is a budget carrier after all. Priority boarding provided. Premium seats comfortable and are angled flat. This is a basic version of the business class seat one would get on a full-service carrier. Pillow and blanket provided. One complimentary meal provided, which is the same as economy, but it was small and not very good either. No entertainment provided unless paid for. Cabin crew were generally friendly but not particularly attentive. Flight was on time. The LCCT in KUL is a terrible terminal. There are no aerobridges and the walk to the terminal can be quite long. It is also chaotic and has poor signage, especially when trying to work out transport options such as transferring to KLIA or catching the train into the city. I'd avoid flying AirAsia just to avoid going through this terminal!

AIRASIA X customer review :  20 July 2012 by C Rivett    (Australia)

Premium

Wonderful to be able to experience business-level comfort at slightly more than economy prices (and less than premium economy in full service carriers). The experience was first class and the flight attendants were most graceful and attentive.

AIRASIA X customer review :  16 July 2012 by J Hoseana    (Indonesia)

Premium

MEL-KUL. An 8.5 hour flight on A330-300 on premium class. The flight was delayed a few minutes. Really comfortable seat. Meals were OK but lack of choices. They really need to add some more meal choices. Moreover, some of the meals on the menu ran out quickly. No inflight entertainment at all, but it can be understood since it's a low cost flight. However, it will be great if they provide entertainment for premium class passengers. Friendly and attentive flight attendants.

AIRASIA X customer review :  16 July 2012 by Des McCoy    (Australia)

Traveled OOL-KUL-SIN then HGH-KUL and then KUL-OOL. With one exception the flights were on time or early, the crew were helpful, friendly and efficient. Our pre-booked meals were of a high standard, the food available for purchase on board also appeared to be very reasonably priced, coffee was 5MYR per cup, (around AU/US$1.70 per cup). In all cases the aircraft were young, clean and in very good condition. On our initial two stage flight our baggage was checked to the final destination and we were able to simply use the transit facilities at LCCT instead of having to go through Immigration, baggage collection, Customs and rechecking etc. The seats were comfortable but a little narrower, however unless you're overweight this shouldn't be a problem, legroom appeared to be comparable with other airlines. We've flown with a range of full service airlines and previously with AAX, in our opinion, AAX rates very favourably and if you can buy their sale fares they represent outstanding value. We wouldn't hesitate to fly with them again!

AIRASIA X customer review :  4 July 2012 by Roger Schultze    (Australia)

Sydney to Bangkok via KUL. I finally got some cheap fares for $120 one way. The plane was 10 min late due to heavy traffic in Sydney. Boarding was swift, fast and very organised. I have to say for a low budget airline this would have to be one the most organised organisations I have ever flown with. Once in the air the captain greeted us with pretty good English. Food was offered, my family and I had pre-booked our meals which were excellent. I recommend the nasi lemak which if you like spicy food you will love. My wife and kids had the international meal which was chicken lasagne. We pre-booked the entertainment pack which I don't recommend as there is only a few movies, TV shows and music. The flight was very smooth with minimal turbulence. The plane was a 2 year old A330-300 which was clean but looked used for its age. Once at KUL low cost terminal it was a fast and efficient disembarkement. Please note once off the plane you have to walk to the terminal. Only one major negative with this trip was that we had to wait 4 hours for a transfer to Bangkok, but if your not fussed about that as we had young children then Air Asia is for you.