AirAsia X Passenger Reviews and AirAsia X Customer Trip Reports

AIRASIA X Customer review :  20 June 2013 by T Young    (Australia)

KUL to PER. Staff as we were leaving to go up the steps to board the aircraft were all checking their phones, staff just seem to be getting slacker and slacker. The flight was a shambles, service was so slow getting the meals out that we were too tired and just wanted to sleep. Cabin was boiling hot, just absolutely stifling. Everything about Air Asia is going downhill, I have been flying with them for years with 10+ flights a year and it is getting worse. Now that Malaysia Airlines are dropping their prices, I am switching to them.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  11 June 2013 by Gordon Reid    (Australia)

Melbourne to KL on the overnighter. Left and arrived on time. Big problem these days with Air Asia X after many years of complaints is that the cabin was far too cold, now it's far too hot. As the full plane was loading, one could feel how stifling and hot it was. This didn't improve during the flight, in fact many blankets pre-purchased were not even taken out of the plastic bag. Other issue were the flight attendants. Sure its the overnighter but we rarely saw them in Economy. Arrived in KL feeling cooked from an oven. The seats are just ok but would have been more comfortable if passengers were not sweating into the seats.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  28 May 2013 by Jan Naslund    (Sweden)

Flew from HatYai, Thailand to Bangkok. Was a bit sceptical regarding the flight as I am used to European low cost airlines but I have to say that this was excellent. Everything was smooth, even landed 10 minutes early. Cabin crew were professional and the flight was smooth and felt safe.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  27 May 2013 by Karam Singh    (Australia)

Took the flight from KL-Sydney for the third time. I must start by saying that each trip was better than the previous one. The flight attendants on Air Asia X was outstanding. Very composed, friendly and helpful. I always choose the last row of seats as it closer to the under-utilized washroom and you get your meals first! Plus, its closer to where the air crew usually take a break, hence am able to speak to them casually. The vegetarian lasagne was outstanding as usual, always get it as its actually tasty. Flight was on time and umbrellas provided at the LCCT as it was raining was very helpful as well. Overall, I will continue to fly Air Asia X.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  22 May 2013 by P Lau    (Australia)

Premium

KL to Gold Coast. 17/5/2013, evening flight. Often travelled economy class with AAX in past years. Thanks to promo offer, we now experienced the extra comfort with exclusive premium class. We had a good few hours of sleep. That makes a obvious difference.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  21 May 2013 by A Pharmy    (Malaysia)

I travelled on a flight to Incheon in early May 2013 and the service from the ground level to the in flight service was efficient. The flight was on time on both routes to and fro and the waiting time for check-in luggage was relatively quick. The upgrade to the empty seat option was also good and surprisingly a comfortable option that allowed me to sleep on the flight without experiencing any body aches. Would recommend it to passengers travelling on long distance flights.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  20 May 2013 by Louise Baxter    (Australia)

Premium

My Air Asia flight was a very pleasant surprise. The flight crew were happy and professional, the food was good and the flat bed with cosy blanket and pillow was exactly what I needed for a great sleep. We left on time and landed well ahead of schedule - you can't ask for more than that.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  2 May 2013 by Gerry Cunningham    (Australia)

My wife and I have flown with Air Asia on several occasions from Perth to K.L. and onwards and have never been disappointed ,in particular only a few days ago we were upgraded to premium class with the lie flat seating being fantastic. The idea of the quiet zone is brilliant in that for only a few extra dollars passengers can be guaranteed that they will not be subjected to screaming and screeching children sitting directly behind. We have already booked our next holiday to Asia in July and have happily paid for the great value premium class seating.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  2 May 2013 by R Dabinett    (Australia)

OOL-KUL. Night flight from Gold Coast return. Flight on time in both directions. Clean planes and great service. Day flight on way back and had pre ordered samsung tabs which we worthwhile. Food was one of the better airline meals we have had. Vegetarian lasagne and pancakes recommended. Even managed to get a spare seat on the way back as the flight wasn't that full.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  29 April 2013 by D Samonte    (Australia)

Flew CRK-MEL via Kuala Lumpur, would fly them again as price is good. Aircraft's are clean, staff both good on both ways. Thank goodness they are in CRK as this is less congested and more accessible than MNL.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  17 April 2013 by M Risoli    (Brazil)

I flew DPS-KUL-REP and KBV-PEK (via KUL). Overall great crew and service, the price was excellent and legroom was just ok. Crew helped with boarding as all flights were full, I have nothing to complain about apart from the chaotic LCCT airport.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  15 April 2013 by Francis Lee    (Malaysia)

Kuala Lumpur to Osaka Kansai International in late March 2013. Booked Quiet Zone seats, checked in on the web. Outbound flight arrived early (favourable winds) while return flight departed early but arrived 10 mins late (headwind and turbulence). Ground service at both KLIA LCCT and Osaka KIX were efficient. Flights were uneventful. Return flight was less comfortable and arrived with a neck ache. Might be due to the old aircraft's seats.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  3 April 2013 by R Coleman    (Australia)

Premium

Return flight KL to SYD for my wife, 3 year old daughter and myself. Late night flight out of LCCT, only inconvenience was walking to plane and up the stairs - so old fashioned. Felt like we won the lottery with optiontown, the 3 of us upgraded to sleepers, my daughter slept all the way and we carried her off in SYD still asleep.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  27 March 2013 by Richard Tang    (Malaysia)

Just came back to Malaysia from Melbourne. Other than the crowded Malaysia LCCT airport, there is nothing else that I can complain about. I'm paying half the ticket fee of other 'bigger' airlines but both services are very similar. Seats are similar size. Check-in, check-out procedures are similar. I'm more than happy to lose a free packet of nuts and flight meals.

AIRASIA X Customer review :  26 March 2013 by Vivien YK Tong    (Malaysia)

My husband and I traveled back from Sydney for Chinese New Year in February via Air Asia X. It was a very pleasant experience, the ground crew were efficient and helpful and handled the passengers well. The inflight crew was friendly and offered us assistance with our requests. All in all, the experience was as good if not better than a non-budget airline.