Air Tahiti Nui Customer Reviews and Air Tahiti Nui Passenger Trip Reports

1 2

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  28 October 2014 by M Cohn    (USA)

Booked C class round trip LAX-PPT. Did not like the previous reviews, so I was a little apprehensive. Also, as I understand it, only 3 of their 5 aircraft have the new C class. As is turned out, the new seats were very adequate. At 20.5, they are a tad tight and they do not fully recline. Nonetheless, my wife and I were able to sleep most of the way on a long, late night flight. Staff were gracious and professional. Food and drink were very adequate, but nothing special. All in all a good experience. Tahiti is a very special place and this is as good as it gets.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  15 September 2014 by N Silva    (France)

Flew from CDG to LAX (return) in late August 2014 / early Sept 2014. Awful customer service. The check-in-staff have absolutely no warmth or charm, and made no attempt to fulfil my seat request; they were quite abrupt in refusing it, moreover. In-air-staff are likewise very poor. Aircraft was old, and seats are inadequate. I will never use this airline again. I often travel on Asian airlines, and Air Tahiti Nui is way, way below par.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  16 July 2014 by Vassili Lemogen    (Czech Republic)

LAX to Papeete, business class: terrible. Where to start: Old seats straight from the 90's, bad shape seats, an entertainment system with 4 movies and bad screen quality. Bland food and to top it all, magazines which were 3 weeks old. Flight attendants are nonchalant to say the least and you don't see them unless you hunt them down. Forget snacks. Just awful and way below par any other airlines.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  3 June 2014 by B Ross    (New Zealand)

AKL-PPT-LAX-PPT in economy, May 2014. Air Tahiti Nui only have five A340 aircraft. We flew on three of these - all were different experiences. The first leg AKL-PPT was on "Moorea" which had an upgraded interior and felt very new and fresh. Leg room seemed adequate for economy, however as others have said previously, the seat designer should be sacked! The head rest is not ergonomic at all and causes discomfort. The is also no lumbar support. I packed the seat back out with pillows to help. The crew were young, friendly and worked the cabin non stop. Food on all flights was edible, if not slightly odd - the seat designer must have had input in the menu as well. Entertainment on demand comprised of about 10 of movies (some recent releases) and TV shows. The second flight, an 8.5 hr overnight flight from PPT-LAX was on "Nuku Hiva". This aircraft was also retrofitted with the new interior however it felt older. tired and there was a noticeable decrease in leg room despite us being in the same seat number on both flights. The crew were a bit surly and disappeared after trolley service. Again, the seats weren't that comfortable due to the awful head rest and lack of leg room. Our third flight, overnight from LAX to PPT was on "Bora Bora" which has yet to have it's interior retrofitted. The seats were much more comfortable than the newer version in economy as they lacked the offending head rest, but the entertainment is on the old loop system rather than 'on demand'. Would I fly them again? Only if the price was right (we scored half price tickets) - you only get what you pay for!

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  22 May 2014 by W Abrams    (Canada)

The seats were so uncomfortable I was dreading the flight home. There was no lumbar support and the add on headrest pushed my head forward putting my neck at a very unnatural position. I could not get comfortable using pillows and blankets, or in any position. It made for a very long flight home.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  7 May 2014 by Leslie Knaup    (USA)

Loved this airline except for one problem. They changed our return flight from Auckland so we had to layover for the night. We did not appreciate this change. It cost us a lot more money to stay in a hotel for one night in Tahiti. It made the trip much longer. The flight to Tahiti didn't get in until 9.45 pm and customs took forever. Then we had to be back to the airport by 6 am. If they had to make this change they could have at least left earlier so we wouldn't have had such a long night.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  1 May 2014 by Becky Pinney    (USA)

March 29, PPT TAHITI, FRENCH POLYNESIA - LAX LOS ANGLES, CA. The flight was horrible. After spending a great deal of money for a business class seat, I literally had to get up and go and find flight attendants to get a drink of water after not seeing them for a 3 hour stretch. The food was terrible as well. Not worth the money! Horrible service.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  16 April 2014 by L Abram    (Canada)

Seats are incredibly uncomfortable and service was ok but nothing spectacular. I reacted to something in the air and my eyes started watering and I couldn't stop coughing. I pushed the service button, waited 20 minutes and the attendant finally came, turned it off and walked away! I cannot stress enough how uncomfortable the seats are especially for tall people. My husband is 6'1" and I'm 5'9". We couldn't move and didn't sleep the entire flight down or back. If there was another way to get to Paradise, we would definitely take it!

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  7 April 2014 by R Irwin    (USA)

Flew LAX to PPT and back for an Oceania Cruise. Going to PPT things were just OK. After all you are heading to paradise so it's easier to overlook less than friendly service, uncomfortable seats, and marginal food. Our return flight was a charter arranged by the cruise line and things were much worse. They had little or no ice, limited beverage options and the food was awful. The flight attendants just don't have any spark to them. Some of that may be a cultural thing because I find customer service in FP to be less warm and inviting than in Europe or the US. This airline needs to really punch up their customer service.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  26 March 2014 by D Koebel    (USA)

I flew round trip to Papeete for a Paul Gauguin cruise. I will never fly that airline again. This is unfortunate for French Polynesia because it is a wonderful place and I loved my time there the the flight was unbearable. The seats are so small with no leg room so that one can hardly move. The country should subsidize the airline or another one so that passengers can visit this beautiful place without the pain associated with getting there.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  15 February 2014 by Sal Green    (USA)

Flew LAX to Tahiti, seats 19K/L with my wife on 23 Jan 14. Both of our entertainment systems did not work. Asked the flight attendant 3 times about it and was ignored. Finally a flight attendant indicated they could sit us in separate seats or two middle seats in the last row.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  5 February 2014 by J De Fraine    (Australia)

A 5-hour flight from Auckland to Papeete (Business Class) was more or less ruined by a seat that wouldn't budge from the takeoff/landing bolt upright position and a fold out tray that didn't. The whole aircraft was looking very tired and tatty and badly in need of an upgrade. The Air Tahiti staff at the chaotic boarding gate in Auckland were rude and condescending although the flight attendants did the best they could in such a worn out old bus. Food was OK (I don't expect cordon bleu on a plane) but the wine choice was one cheap red or white. Take it or leave it. Entertainment was very limited too. I was told that of a fleet of 5 aircraft, 4 have in fact been upgraded. I guess I found myself on the one that wasn't. Assuming the final aircraft is in fact given the major facelift it so badly needs then I'd consider using Air Tahiti Nui again as a last resort but will take Air New Zealand if it's an available alternative.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  23 January 2014 by N Remland    (USA)

AA 7176 (code share) on 1/15/14,Papeete to Los Angeles. Business class on this airline was very disappointing in comparison to other airlines we use. Because our tickets were code share, we were not allowed in the business class lounge despite paying for business class fare.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  8 January 2014 by L Shively    (USA)

Air Tahiti Nui economy class is awful - very tight, cramped seats if you are tall as we are, poor service, and minimal, cardboard food. Our section of the cabin was an oven, the section behind us was a refrigerator and the cabin attendants seemed to be unable to do anything about it, when you could find one to ask. My husband who is 6 ft’3”was wedged into his seat to the point that the woman in front of him and the woman behind him both complained when he moved and he was unable to sleep at all. We upgraded to first class on the way home, and the leg room, service and food were very good but they still locked the forward toilets for most of the flight and half the reading lights did not work. We will never fly Air Tahiti Nui again.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  6 January 2014 by A Boone    (UK)

Very poor service at LAX from Air Tahiti staff. Flying business class on AA with a code share. They are having some dispute with AA, so AA and Air Tahiti are refusing to let each other's business class passengers into their lounges, but they don't tell you until you get to the lounge. With three small children, and already on flights for 12 hours, with a 6 hour stopover in LAX, they refused us entry to the Lounge. The staff in the Lounge were kind. Air Tahiti wouldn't let us pay for the lounge without first going out of security again, waiting 30 minutes for them to process the payment and receipts, and then line up in security all over. Apparently they used to let people phone in the credit card number to avoid having to exit security, but now they have decided they rather make passengers spend over an hour at their desk/security. We'll avoid Air Tahiti and AA for a long time.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  18 November 2013 by K Soos    (USA)

Excellent service from the flight crew and ground crew. We arrived at LAX with minutes to spare as our inbound flight was delayed 2+ hours. That airline made no effort to put us on another flight. Running all the way from Terminal 1 to Bradley, searching for the ATN desk, the kind young lady escorted us swiftly to the gate. We just made the flight, otherwise would have spent the night in LA. Although our bags didn't make it, they were delivered the next day to our hotel. Since we had no luggage when we arrived, the airline gave us a nice bag with essential toiletries, including T-shirt and shorts, which we all sported for the next few hours. The meals were better than expected, the in-flight entertainment was better than some major U.S. airlines. The waiting area in Papeete for our homebound flight was fabulous, beautiful shops, food, comfortable lounge chairs, gardens.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  10 November 2013 by D Leuzzi    (Australia)

Flew to Auckland from Papeete. The flight was 5 hours long. I was seated in 6a, wonderful smells of the toilet behind us. I found cabin staff rude and unfriendly. They closed business class toilet and told everyone to use the ones in the middle of the plane. They dropped food on my lap while serving bread, didn't say sorry but offered me another one. Seats are average for business class and food is terrible. They were "out" of mains when they came to serve us (being in row 6). You do not get additional drinks and if you go and ask for some it's an inconvenience to the staff without a smile or polite conversation. I might sound picky but I am simply wanting something nicer than economy when you pay twice as much for a ticket. The entertainment gave you 8 new movies and a few old titles and tv programs. The seats recline but I am six foot so my feet hang off the edge. If you are travelling by yourself there is no privacy screens like Emirates or Singapore airlines.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  27 September 2013 by Gordon Simmons-Moake    (USA)

We flew from LAX to Papeete and back. We were in a recently remodelled plane, but the seats were terrible. They were tightly packed with very little leg room, which is the norm. However, the back was curved into a concave shape, which was agony on a 8.5 hour flight. The headrests exacerbated the problem, and my wife's wouldn't even stay up. The cushions were also stiff. There was no power outlet for the seats.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  26 September 2013 by C Petersen    (USA)

Fight from LAX to PPT. After a full day of US flights from RDU to MSP to LAX, we were quite exhausted. A couple of those flights were late and the older planes were packed. So we were hoping for a change of pace on our 8.5 hour flight from LAX to PPT - and we were not disappointed! The A349 was impeccable. We were in coach but the seats were roomy, the flight staff was extremely friendly, and we had brand new inflight entertainment systems (I think the entire cabin had recently been redone). The experience got our first trip to French Polynesia off to a great start. Yeah, it's still tough to sleep in coach seats, but the great experience made it bearable. And of course, there's nothing like waking up, having a good French breakfast, and landing in Tahiti with the anticipation of a luxurious vacation ahead! You really have no other options for flying to Tahiti, but who cares - Air Tahiti Nui rocked it!

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  16 September 2013 by T DeVries    (USA)

Flew economy round-trip, Los Angeles - Papeete. Flights on time on nice aircraft. Economy seating is good and inflight service was excellent. Although aircraft are the same, on the return flight got an aircraft that had been reconfigured with their new seats and touch screen videos and was quite nice.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  22 March 2013 by R Schack    (USA)

TN 102, PPT-LAX, 3/16/2013, Economy, Seat 27B. Departed PPT 15 minutes late for no apparent reason. Told we could not check luggage through to DFW. Entertainment screen control did not work properly - also controls overhead reading light. We were skipped for our dinner initially. Attendant seemed bothered that we asked for dinner. Dinner was inedible. Cold slices of meat hard as shoe soles, bread that could not be cut. Asked for Diet Coke, was told only water was available. Arrived in LAX 15 minutes late. Still had 3 hours to make our connection to DFW. Over an hour before our luggage was available to go through customs. Because we could not check the luggage in PPT, had to carry our luggage from the International terminal to AA. Only in LAX does a 3 and 1/4 hour connection become a nail biter, we have always had problems at LAX making connections.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  22 November 2012 by Udo Hoppe    (Australia)

My luggage was received two days late in Papeete. Reason: The aircraft was already overloaded when my connection flight from Sydney arrived Auckland. My luggage remained in Auckland that day. On arrival in Papeete there was no assistance at all to passengers without luggage. There was only one person (for about 30 passengers) recording the missing luggage and it took after a late arrival another two hours, before we could leave the airport to get some sleep. There was no apology from the airline. The return flight was four hours delayed and the waiting time in Papeete airport was hell. We had to pay for very expensive airport food. WIFI connection did not work and informing relatives about late arrival was impossible. There was little to no information on the reason and what the measures would be and no help from the ground staff. It almost appeared like a cover up. We missed our connecting flights and had later been booked to other flights. Again, information was not available from the cabin crew during the flight and only in Auckland we where told to what connecting flight we had been re-booked. A very troublesome check out and check in with going through the immigration twice in Auckland had to be endured.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  21 November 2012 by Larry Fingar    (USA)

LAX to PPT on TN101 and returned a week later on TN18. Boarding at LAX less then enjoyable. Sent first to one gate then to another. Don't know if the airline or LAX is to blame there. Once boarding started we were put on buses to go to a satellite boarding point. Main terminal under construction. Inconvenient, but it works. Onboard, cabin staff were friendly and helpful. First time on an A340. Once in the air the flight went smoothly. The plane was clean. The 2 meals served were adequate in size and somewhat above average as far as airline food goes. Service was good. A red-eye flight in economy class seats is not going to produce quality sleep. The seats were about as comfortable as you would expect, which isn't saying an awful lot. Entertainment system was marginal. I never expect much when flying economy, but the service and meals were better than expected. Outbound flight departed and arrived on time. Return departed and arrived early. Our bags arrived when we did.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  9 November 2012 by Shanaka Gooneratne    (Australia)

TN 102 from AKL to PPT over last weekend. A very full flight. Punctual in terms of Departure and Arrival. Was given a seat in the last row despite checking in 3hrs in advance. Seat comfort was good. Staff were a mixed bag. Some were exceptionally friendly whilst others gave the impression they would be somewhere else. IFE was non AVOD and lacked choice and content. Food and Drinks were good and plentiful.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  30 August 2012 by Scott John    (Canada)

LAX-PPT Business Class. Great ambience, nice tropical feel as soon as you step on the plane. Normal modern business class seats (not the newest 100% recline ones, but plenty of leg room and comfort). Food was very good as well. I recommend flying with them.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  1 June 2012 by Guido Keijzers    (USA)

Seats are showing some wear and tear. Torn at points, and armrest cover hinges feel stuck at times. The entertainment controls on the armrest are worn-out, yet still functional. Adjustment of seats: they lack sufficient recline. Controls are placed at hip level, inside the chair, so poorly accessible. Putting 2 pillows under your feet to raise them makes it better, but raising the feet with a pillow will put your toes up against the back of the reclined seat in front of you. I deliberately chose a middle section seat, this allows you to always exit without climbing over or being climbed over. The seat rows are that close together that undisturbed passing is impossible. The lumber supports do not work on this flight. Flight entertainment system is Archaic. You don't have the option of starting your movie on demand. The quality of the LCD screen is best described as a snowy CRT up close. The movies continue during PA announcements, and since all are continuously playing there is no chance of rewinding. There are no air vents above the seat, only general air conditioning. No power output in business class. This is consistent with the age of the seats. Sufficiently equipped courtesy pouch with toothbrush and paste, eye covers, ear plugs and socks. Headphones supplied are comfortable for the first couple of hours. There was simply no noise cancellation. Service is attentive and correct, although the personal touch was missing the second flight. Timely serving, and offering of drinks.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  28 April 2012 by D Parsons    (USA)

LAX-PPT in Business Class. Business Class departure lounge in LAX shared with several other airlines. Nice lounge with free snacks and drinks. Boarding gate was a bit far away, we were bussed to the aircraft. First and Business Class customers were boarded in a separate bus. Once onboard - very comfortable. Before take-off drinks offered. Several uniform changes during the 8.5 hour flight. Our flight left LAX on time. As previously noted - business class seats do not fully recline and when you do recline - it protrudes in to the space of the person sitting behind you. Not the best lay out - but certainly adequate. Good meal service and friendly/attentive flight attendants. Return PPT-LAX - same on time departure and arrival and good inflight service.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  25 April 2012 by J Furhman    (USA)

Scheduled to fly non-stop Paris-Los Angeles. At the check-in counter, the sign said 'New York', we were told the flight to LA was simply making a quick stop in New York, then would continue to LA. This was a lie. Upon arrival in New York, we were told it would be 24 hours until another plane would take us to LA. They put us up in a hotel. 24 hours later, it was a charter flight they put us on to LA. I complained to Air Tahiti Nui about the lack of meal, and I was told "we went to a very big expense to charter this flight, you should be grateful". I should be grateful they arranged me transportation to where I paid to go?

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  14 January 2012 by C Kim    (USA)

Paris CDG to Los Angeles. Good food, crew, entertainment and leg space. I enjoyed the whole island theme that was experienced onboard. A plus about the entire experience was the level of visibility and attention the crew provided with frequent water runs and prompt responses to call bell. Another feature was the snack bar set up at the galley for passengers. Flight departed and arrived on time.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  11 January 2012 by Paul Browne    (Canada)

LAX-PPT-LAX over Christmas and New Year. Both trips were red-eyes. Outbound from LAX, check-in was cheerful and set the tone for the journey. On the down side, passengers are bussed to the aircraft and ATN staff lost complete control of the process resulting in a scrum to get on the busses. Onboard we passed on the meal offering and slept. The hot breakfast was welcome. Arrivals Hall was chaos and a 1 hour delay to get through Immigration awaited us. Returning, the Departures Area is new, spacious but very warm. Boarding went well as our seats were in Row 44, we made our way to the desk 10 minutes before boarding to avoid the chaos we experienced outbound at LAX. Once again, pleasant and efficient crew. In summary, our flights were good, the only warning I would make is that in Economy the seat pitch is only 31 inches and on an 8 hour flight if you are over 6 ft tall, this is not comfortable at all.

Air Tahiti Nui Customer review :  5 November 2011 by Chartois Remy    (France)

Flying 3/4 times every year since 2008, my last experience was very disappointing. Besides domestic, there is no traffic during the day at Papeete Faaa airport and then late at night they schedule 3 international flights all due to leave within a short hour and this airport can't handle it. I arrived 4 hours before departure and the line for check-in, immigration and luggage check were endless. I was booked on TN8 seat 11A to Paris via LAX and after pulling out we came back to the parking stand because of an engine problem. We were told it would take an extra 3 hours to change it. They decided to serve us the light cold snack. The previous times I flew we used to have a full hot meal with wine, it is obvious ATN is cutting costs and service. Finally airborne 4 hours behind schedule, we were expecting to be served a round of drinks but nothing on this 8 hours flight until an hour before touching down in LAX they served us breakfast. The 11 hour flight to Paris went without problem but no round of water or drinks served between lunch and breakfast. Unfortunately due to the monopoly ATN has on these routes I will have no choice but to fly with them again.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  1 November 2011 by C Dover   (USA)

LAX-CDG and CDG-LAX several times in past 3 years. I appreciate the little flower they give when entering the plane. On the latest trip, staff walk through the cabin several times through the flight, but the call light was ignored or they were too busy with helping someone else. I never did like plane food, so this one was no different. Person sitting in front of me had their seats reclined right back, so it was hard to place my food on the tray. The steward serving food saw and told him to put his seat up.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  26 September 2011 by Ann Shaftel   (USA)

Los Angeles to Paris return. We boarded our flight with high expectations, however we were sorely disappointed. While others could check 2 pieces of luggage free, we were allowed only one. We had been told to expect seats that were roomier with more leg room than other airlines, but we were as crowded as on any low-cost airline. Onboard, the service was poor and the food quality was poor. Attendants came down the aisle infrequently to offer snacks. The flight itself was fine and on-time, but we agreed, we would not fly this airline again.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  19 September 2011 by D Ramsey   (USA)

Onboard the air conditioning was broken and the pilot would not turn the engine on as there was another malfunction with the luggage loading. We left over 1.5 hrs late and missed our connecting flight back to Boston. Another rude service counter agent would not help us, they would not provide us hotel voucher as it was not there fault or problem. I noticed a terrible attitude problem when enquiring.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  14 July 2011 by L Jackson   (USA)

LAX-Tahiti. We were informed by our travel agent about the strike and had to switch out flight from LAX-Tahiti. When we got to LAX we had to wait 3 hrs in line before we could get our boarding passes. We received very little information regarding the delay. The service agents stood there and looked at you but had no answers. This was a horrible experience. The best part of the night was when the Air New Zealand crew showed up. They chartered Air New Zealand to take us to Tahiti. That crew and flight was wonderful. On the way home from Tahiti, the strike was over, so we had Air Tahiti Nui for the flight home. The service on the fight was horrible. If you put on your call light, they would ignore you.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  21 April 2011 by Donna Nevels   (USA)

Paris-LAX The plane was immaculate, staff friendly and food was fabulous! We were given a menu, two hot meals and snacks during the flight. If we needed something else, we were able to go to the galley and ask for ice cream or drinks at no charge. It was a long flight from Paris to LA but it was very comfortable and didn't feel like 12 hours because of the service.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  11 October 2010 by Ronald Gottesman   (USA)

CDG to LAX. The cabin was very cramped and hot throughout the flight, but service and food was quite good and a real surprise after our experience on the ground. We arrived two hours ahead of time at CDG. After it took over an hour (about 75 minutes) to check in, we then got in line next to go through security. After waiting about 30 minutes and becoming very concerned about them shutting the doors before we got through, I asked the now idle check-in people if there was a way to get us through so we would not miss the flight. The manager very dismissively told us to get to the back of the line there was nothing he could do. After another 20 minutes, with a security agent telling us to just have an airline rep walk us to 1st class line, and being told again by the to just go back to the end of the line, a security agent walked us to another area and through 1st class line. We were very surprised when we got onboard to see the same inept and rude people who did check-in were the first class and business class stewards. All they had to say to us when I said I was worried about missing the flight was "We know you are here, checked-in and in line for security. We won't leave without you." Instead rudeness and attitude was all I got.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review :  15 July 2010 by M Philto   (USA)

Basically I can confirm the other reviewers of this inept airline management. We were scheduled to fly on a Friday morning in June 2010 and were called by Air Tahiti Nui the night before saying there was a strike in Paris and to check the web site for updates on the flight. So we did, the strike was a Civil strike in French Polynesia not Paris. Anyway we checked all night with no updates so travelled on the shuttle bus to the airport as scheduled. We stood in line for an hour to checkin before they opened the desks. Queued for another 30 mins to get to the front of the line at which point we were told to go and speak to "that guy over there". He told us the Paris flight was cancelled, shrugging his shoulders and casting his eyes anywhere but us. He gave us a piece of paper and said to call the number. He was very dismissive and unhelpful. We did and were told initially they would book us on another airline. 10 minutes later they said they were no longer booking anyone on another airline. At which point they said we can either get a refund and get our own flights at another airline ticket desk (at now exorbitant rates) or we could wait and see if a Tahiti Nui flight would leave the next day. Maybe. They claimed all Air France flights were full. There were no offers of help. They refused to put us up in a hotel because we were "local" (we live 60 miles from LAX). We basically had to take the refund and get our own flights. We did get a direct flight with Air France at 9pm. It was a 777 and was basically empty. So now we have to fight our travel insurance company to get the difference in costs back. Might advice is don't travel on Air Tahiti Nui.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  7 June 2010 by Lesley Johnson   (USA)

On the way to the airport in Tahiti (flight to LA) we were told the flight was cancelled becasue the pilots just went on strike, no one seemed to know anything. My mother, who is 89, was ill and needed to get back to the US so I called Air Tahiti and they said they could get us on Air France the next morning and to be at the airport at 4:30 am, which we did. We did not have seats on Air France as promised, and we were told to wait for the Air Tahiti rep, who did not show up until 6:30 am. I told her that Air Tahiti had promised us seats on air france due to a medical emergency, and she said "I didn't work yesterday, and I cannot help you" and slammed the door in my face. I knocked on the door and she came out and I got exactly the same response. She was so incredibly rude, considering we had been sitting on the ground in the airport for 2 hrs. Luckily, we got on stand by to LA, which was not our final destination. We lost all of our connecting flights. which delayed medical treatment. I would not recommend them to anyone.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  28 April 2010 by Mark Akers   (USA)

Once on the plane it was great, but ground team was horrible and inept. We boarded at LAX for CDG and were amazed at the lack of urgency or customer concern. As the plane sat empty and the gate agent sat talking on her cell phone we all looked on amazed. 45 minutes after we were scheduled to board she announced we would be boarding 15 minutes late due to the plane arriving late - although it had been parked at the gate for hours as we waited. Clearly she had not looked at a clock. This caused us to depart over an hour late. Unfortunately we were on this trip during the Iceland Volcano Eruption. Air Tahiti once again proved how little they cared. I called the airlines 3 times about a flight only to be hung up on by the attendent. Once we had a flight we were told to be at the Airport 4 hours ahead of time due to the challenge from the Volcano. We arrived 4 hours early, but the agents did not. We all, (350 of us) waited in line. When they did show up it took them 45 minutes to get ready, have coffee, chat, laugh, joke and enjoy themselves all in front of us without any communication with us. Zero urgency or concern for all of us who had been waiting days to get on a plane. Once ticketed, we went to the gate, plane was there, flight crew was there, but not gate agents, for hours we waited until they showed up and even longer while they organized themselves. It was like a circus show watching them. The whole ordeal was so ridiculous and unnecessary. The ground team has no care or concern or urgency for the passenger. I will never fly this airline again. They didn't earn any stars with us.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  23 April 2010 by Bill Atkins   (USA)

PPT-AKL. Crew gracious and friendly. Huge evidence of cost cutting in food, but wine and drinks selection still good. They need new seats - if person in front reclines fully there is no chance of any movement. Crew attention to safety is impressive.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  15 March 2010 by G Bruce   (USA)

LAX-CDG First Class, Seat 1D. A340. Small private cabin with only 6 seats. The crew professional and courteous. Food and wine decent. Lie flat seat very dated and more comparable to Business Class. Poor selection of movies most at least 10 years old.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  28 February 2010 by C Overgoor   (Netherlands)

AKL-PPT return in economy in A340-300. About a few months after booking ATN sent me an e-mail with cancellation of the return flight due to a commercial decision. Because this is not a daily route I had to change both my outbound and inbound flight and either a domestic flight in New Zealand. No online check-in and advanced seat allocation possibility. Check-in both in Auckland and Papeete slow: few counters and long rows. Cabin crew friendly and well dressed with Tiare flowers in their hair. Decent food, each seat has a PTV but no AVOD. Pretty cramped leg room. Once on the French Polynesian islands I was not able to change my return flight to Auckland with my standard Y fare which I don't understand. Overall the booking system and ground service are a bit outdated (still need to reconfirm flights) but in the aircraft you will have a small Tiare flower behind your ear and a smile on your face, because this is an airline that flies to a very exotic location.

AIR TAHITI NUI customer review :  8 January 2010 by J Minamora   (USA)

LAX-PPT. The captain and crew thought people could govern themselves as there was no proper checking to see if everyone was belted in when the fasten seatbelt sign came on. Drinks were complimentary and meals decent. I was lucky enough to have a row of four seats to myself, which I used to make a makeshift bed. My flight was a good one, although the fare was steep - airline has actually been scrutinized recently for corrupt operating practices including sky- high fares, so don't be surprised if your airfare is more than you expect.

1 2